Dick's Sporting Goods reviews

Tel: 1-877-846-9997
matthew@dickssportinggoods.com

kevinb646
11/23/18

Was sent a clearly repackaged item from $#*!s: old glue still on the package, literally covering it. Looking through the plastic container, a clearly broken item in it. Clearly no quality control nor pride in their work at $#*!s. I'd stay away, especially if your item is for a gift at the holidays......chances are the item will be repackage return from another dissatisfied customer.

markn232
11/21/18

I ordered a treadmill for over $800. Got an email telling me when it would be delivered on that day nothing showed up. I called $#*!'s to find out their shipping company (AIT) had not even picked it up. Over a week later I get a email saying I need to set up a delivery call and AIT tells me they could not set it up as I was out of area or something like that. I called $#*!'s their customer service supervisors were no help sounding like a broken record until I told them to cancel the order. I thought I would just have to wait for my money to be credited back to me when 2 days later I get another email from AIT to set up delivery. Mad now I call $#*!'s customer service again and the order had yet to be cancelled and their manager goes back into being a broken record saying he under stands. Both companies are TOTALLY INCOMPETENT. If I could rate them a 0 i would

ericb395
11/9/18

After the first trip to buy a fishing pole it all went down hill. The tip eyelet of the pole was broken two weeks later she can't find the pole and may not be able to give me a complete refund. Then she ordered one for me. They send their poles in single layer cardboard. The box comes bent in half, the pole is broken into three pieces and Even the Rod was broken in three pieces!!! I bring that back to get another combo set. All was well for about two weeks, and then the reel flip lever breaks. Now for whatever reason I exchanged that one too. I just pulled the new combo out... to find that the reel is missing a very important knob. I am done. I would advise you do not purchase fishing gear from $#*!s.

frankj116
9/24/18

A bit pricey on the fishing tackle. Also, sales agents not that competent about fishing locally in Orlando.This store is located at 350 Towne Center Cir, Sanford, FL 32771.

kelvinw16
7/22/18

I bought a pair of nike air max shoes and its just amazing how long lasting they are. Just like like onefactorytrade.co, this site has the best shoes

johnm1913
7/3/18

Sales people are very helpful. if they do not have the specific item you want in store. They will go online with you to get it. or they will recommend you to another store such as Golf Galaxy. I have bought stuff recently for my son who is a lefty golfer. Not always easiest thing to get. however, when $#*!s did not have the item online or in store. They sent me to Golf Galaxy (which they own) and they priced matched the item to the sale price.

johnc1657
6/17/18

Sometimes you dont always have the best experience with a store you would expect. After shopping at a $#*!s store in NC an iteam was on display but not available and it had to be shipped at my expense or picked up at a store an hour away. Speaking with the clerk and then a manager I was told there was nothing they could do. I found this to be an unacceptable answer. I did purchase the iteam because it was for my son and I did not want to disappoint him. When I arrived home I was still not happy so I called corporate custermer sevice and spoke to Michele Willlams and after explaining how I was treated he quickly rectified the problem with a twenty dollar rewards on my score card and a ten dollar credit on my credit card for the iteam purchased.
Sometimes a store dose not always reflect the corporates philosophy.
Thank You $#*!s Sporting Goods corporate office for stepping up giveing me more than a fair solution
Still a loyal customer FIVE STARS

brandys43
6/14/18

I've had numerous horrible times with $#*!s sporting goods. First was in the store five of the same product was hanging on a peg for 15.99, we get up to the counter to purchase for my son. BAM price rang up at 59.99 so I questioned the price and asked someone to meet me back at the product. A "manager" came back to help me out, but he was one of the worst "managers" I have ever dealt with. Instead of giving to me for the correct price, he said basically it was someone else's mistake and I wouldn't get it for that price. Him nor customer service could help me out with that one! Next my husband purchased a Bauer hockey shield, spending over 60.00 for this shield for good grades in school, he worked for this purchase. Stated in the section where it was purchased on $#*!s online, comes with a helmet bag and a install kit for the new shield to fit the old helmet.... guess what didn't show up!!?? The bag and the install kit!!! I emailed customer service and NOTHING!! Either return to the store to exchanged or get a full refund, well the store itself doesn't carry it at all and I don't want to get rid of the shield I want what was promised to us during this purchase. Or return it back online, we will take 8.00 off your return because of the postage used and then we will send you another one. Thank god my husband can do things on his own, he made the screws needed for the helmet and shield. If the bag is that big of a deal KEEP IT! $#*!s sporting goods will never get my business again! Be very careful when ordering online from them especially. They don't want to make their customers happy so they return for more product.

laurak217
6/6/18

Gave my email address in order to get 10% off on order. Was expecting a promo code to apply to the order I was placing. Customer service stated I needed to wait three days, but that it didn't matter because the items I was purchasing were exempt from the 10%. Sure wish that the website stated all that BEFORE I gave my email address.

sarahj324
5/27/18

The site under goes updates and when that happens you have to call customer service also what i like is they dont charge your card till item or items ship out down fall of it is if you have multiple items and they ship out its shows a bunch of charges

chrisiter1
5/15/18

$#*!'s Sporting goods at Delta Park Portland, Oregon is just the happiest. customer service oriented retail I have experienced in a while. Hats off to cashier, Bri and managers Eric and Mike: And especially Eric at Corporate customer service. There was an issue with the tent I ordered: They all helped get that that issue fixed w/out showing frustration of judgment! $#*!'s staff does care about the sports and well being of their customers. They are patient and kind and actually ASK questions in order to super know what the issue is.
Thank you Delta Park $#*!'s Sporting Goods.
Laurie and Christie

anht15
5/11/18

I would give D*ck's a five star, considering the fantastic experience I've had, but they still need lots of improvement, hence the four star rating.

I ordered a pair of Power Block dumbbells with a promotion for about $280, which was a fantastic deal when there was this other promotion of buy $100 get $25 back (that would be fulfilled by them sending out a code after the qualifying purchase had been made). I didn't received the promotion code, so I contacted customer service and was told because I had used the first promotion for my dumbbells, I wouldn't receive the code for the second one, which was surprising to me because nowhere on the site did it say that. Nevertheless, I later received the code and bought a pair of Nike for only $25. Overall happy experience, since everything I ordered from them was perfect. Regardless, there is room for improvement. Customer service should know more about D*ck's own promotion program. They were very helpful and respectful though. Also my Nike shoes were shipped without their box, which was a bummer since I'd like to keep it to store my shoes. Other than that, great service.

cherylw79
4/17/18

Extremely disappointed in $#*!'s Sporting Goods customer service. Ordered a Sparo Crusher watch (college theme) as a birthday gift for my son, who is away at college. It was ordered on March 28 and due to be delivered to him at school on April 4. I was notified on the DAY OF SCHEDULED DELIVERY that the product was unavailable and would not be shipped. I should have been notified of the product's unavailability when the order was PLACED, so that I could have selected an alternative birthday gift item. $#*!'s offered me a "routine" 300 Scorecard points and a $15 off coupon - what I receive EVERY month in the mail, just for being a $#*!'s customer. We are Iong-time $#*!'s Sporting Goods customers and should have been compensated, above every day coupons, for our dissatisfaction at the poor handling of our order. The customer service representatives and supervisors gave us nothing for our extremely disappointing experience. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE RESOLUTION!

kellyl137
2/28/18
• Updated review

Updating to say how happy I am your company has decided to take a first step in gun reform! Thank you for helping to protect our children!! You have my business before others.

“Ok, but....”
• Previous review

The first couple of orders went pretty good. Items arrived on time and in good shape. However, on the last occasion, I was trying to receive a promotional discount before it expired and once at checkout, it wouldn't let me purchase my item! I mean, the click to pay button did nothing! Next, tried it on my computer, and then my son's. While I figured this may have been a fluke, I was on a mission to get this item (with it's discount) before my time was up. So, I initiated a chat, but the person on the other end knew nothing. I was very dissapointed and irritated, naturally. All they could tell me was technical difficulties. However, it would have been nice to at least been given the opportunity to be extended the discount once things were working properly.

stevief5
2/28/18

as an avid sports family, we shop at $#*!s Sporting Goods frequently- among the sports my family enjoy is Sporting Clays.
however, your company has chosen to stop selling to my young adult athletes the #1 necessary equipment needed for our family sport - shotguns

Who is $#*!s to choose what sports my children choose to compete in and purchase the necessary equipment for.

we have in the past purchased several shotguns and numerous other sports equipment from $#*!s... this ends today im sorry to say

i know we are just one family & this will probally have little effect on a large companys bottom line, however this is really our only recourse for a family that is having a so called sporting goods store dictate what sports are appropriate for young athletes to play

pauls521
2/16/18

Placed an order online for a softball bat pack and could not price match a competitor.
I still placed the order and used a $10.00 coupon but called customer service before finalizing the order to see if I could have my daughters name placed on it, for a cost of course. Customer service said that when I receive it, to bring it to the store and it could be done at store level. I went to the store after receiving it and was told that they don't do it. I could have either ordered it cheaper with the same result or another competitor was offering to place a name on it , the same price I paid at $#*!s.
False promises to make a sale

mr881
2/11/18

After buying your Field and stream gun safe and having it delivered to our home, we found out that Extra brackets & shelving are unavailable though your salesman told us we could get them through the manufacturer when we bought the safe. I looked at the reviews (which I should've looked at BEFORE & found out many people were extremely frustrated for the same reason ). I had to go to the hardware store to buy more brackets and pay a Carpenter to make extra shelves. I would never recommend this safe to anyone. There was no customer service phone number and very limited information in the one instructional brochure enclosed in the safe. Anyone can sell. GOOD Customer service defines vendors who will experience long-term success by being honest and knowledgeable about their products and serving customers who have issues. A 357 pound gun safe is it something you can't throw in your car and easily return, so we were stuck with it and the additional cost of time and money to fit it so it could function as we needed. $#*!'s, Field & Stream and Stackon (the manufacturer) were all unresponsive and indifferent to queries about the brackets and the shelves. Buyer beware because when these companies have your money you're on your own if anything is wrong ! Lesson learned!

janl69
1/30/18

I come here for running gear. It is a bit pricier, but their selection is amazing. I end up coming back with more than I can carry it seems. :) It is my therapy.

andrews331
1/26/18

I love all of these complaints that mostly seem to be coming from the internet ordering process. It is atrocious. I ordered an item, was told it would be here in 3 day and then 2 days later learned it wasn't even shipped. Tried to cancel my order at this point, for some reason I wasn't able to cancel because they could not tell where in the process my order was. Miraculously I got an e-mail the next day saying my order was unfortunately delayed. Contacted customer service again and was told I still couldn't cancel my order. So basically I will eventually get an order a good week or 2 after I was supposed to get it and customer service was essentially non existent. If this was Amazon, this order would have been cancelled immediately and I would never have been charged, no questions asked. Yet this store must be so desperate for any sale it can get it won't cancel it. This is just one reason of many why this store is going bankrupt and has a steeply declining stock price during great market conditions. I will visit this store once more in my life and that will be to return the product and get my money back once I receive it. Which just leads to one more reason why you are going bankrupt - let's spend the money to ship the product vs cancelling and at least saving money on the shipment. This place has got more holes than swiss cheese and I am sure good ole $#*! has no idea.
Good riddance $#*! you won't be missed.

willaml10
1/1/18

Want to do a class action against D I c k s for fraudulent practices which have resulted in monetary losses to customers, and/or have them charged with Wirefraud. Spent a great deal of time reviewing complaints to find I am not alone at all as one of their online victims of having had order cancelled and not be refunded the money charged for the order. Be looking for a legal notice coming soon in local papers seeking victims to come forth to participate for compensation for your damages.

garyp122
12/24/17

It not fair to make me give them even 1 star to submit a review. Got charged for an item that I did not get and was told to take it up with my bank. Don't believe anything that they say on their website and their customer service is worse than their site. I was lied to by everyone I talked to and I spent 45 minutes trying to resolve an issue that I was told wouldn't happen. I was not able to pick up an online order because I could not get anyone to help me but they sent an email saying it was picked up and my card had been charged. Customer service was a joke and was not able to get it resolved. Not sure what I'm going to need to do to resolve this but I do know it's going to take a lot of time and patience. Will never make the mistake of shopping there again.

petert58
12/22/17

This is the return policy of the Mason Ohio location.

$#*!'s Retail Rep: "If you don't want to wait in line to make a return (there were 100 people deep), you can just leave the item here."

The customer (me): "But I need a reverse of charge on my credit card, how will you do this?"

$#*!'s Retail Rep: "This is the best we can do."

The customer (me): "Huh?"

<So, I came home and called the Customer Service number listed on their website.>

Phone Rep: "I don't know who you should speak with, and I can't find a name or number for you. I'll connect you with a supervisor in Customer Service."

The customer (me): "Do you have a number to the home office in Pittsburgh?"

Phone rep: "I work in Utah; I don't know. I'll connect you to a supervisor here."

10 minutes later and still on hold, I hung up.

Now I know why the store service is so bad. This is their customer philosophy. Good to know. You won't see me again.

lorenl25
12/20/17

I purchased a bike on the $#*!'S website with a quoted delivery date of 12/22, but when I received the tracking information, the delivery date was pushed out to 12/27. When I tried to get it resolved, I chatted with two customer service reps and two customer service reps on the phone with incredibly poor options...all of them included receiving the bike AFTER Christmas and without any alternative or compensatory option. I would have never purchased this product from $#*!'S if I had known this was going to happen. it was a very poor customer service experience!!!!

aprilg36
12/17/17

I am so upset with the fact that I have missed out on multiple sales because it isn't available to add items to your shopping cart and of course they dont have the correct sizes or styles or the same sales in the store. I called the company and they have no concern with the site issues. They offer to take the order and honor the sale if you call by the day after BUT that was the worst. I was on the phone for almost an hour to buy two items! The operator was having issues entering information and wasn't able to take payment. She gave me an order number and said someone would call me by the next day to complete my order. They called 3 days later! Now here I am waiting for that order and trying to take advantage of a new sale but still no luck to order through the web and ill be damned if I keep chasing them to spend my money. Any other company would love to get those sales. $#*!s needs to shut down and get their act together.

ocj
12/16/17

Sophia S: Thank you for contacting $#*!'s Sporting Goods. How may I be of assistance?
Bill: considering getting a golf club fitting for my son as a gift
Bill: wondering how the best and most economical way is to do that
Bill: he will also be getting a full set of clubs as a gift but that will happen after the fitting
Bill: how can i make this happen
Sophia S: I will be more than happy to assist you.
Bill: i see that you offer free fittings with the purchase of a set of clubs
Sophia S: Will you be purchasing the golf clubs form our website?
Bill: obviously will not purchase the clubs until after the fitting
Bill: either on web or in store
Sophia S: The best way would be to have a fitting done at a local store.
Bill: will a credit be issued for the fitting fees when we purchase the clubs
Bill: yes, fitting would be at the store
Bill: would/should I pay for thr fitting and then get a credit later
Sophia S: Unfortunately, we can not issue a credit for the fitting fee if the fitting fees.
Bill: when the clubs are purchased
Bill: what
Sophia S: Sorry.
Sophia S: I meant, We can not credit the fitting fees after the purchase.
Bill: that makes no sense
Bill: you are saying the clubs need to be purchase THEN have a fitting
Bill: What is the purpose of the fitting
Bill: putting the cart before the horse
Bill: does that make sense to you
Sophia S: If you wish you can go to the store and have the fitting done and then make the purchase.
Bill: and not get the discount...right
Sophia S: You can ask the store representative if it is possible to honor the discount.
Bill: just forget it. this policy makes no sense. a fitting is to help you decide which clubs to purchase and any discounts should be honored for the entire package
Bill: i will just go elsewhere
Sophia S: I am very sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Sophia S: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Bill: plese send this chat to me via email
Bill: I am going to post it on social media
Sophia S: I do not have the option to send a chat via email.
Bill: are you saying you can not send me a copy of this chat
Bill: If not I will just make my own copy
Sophia S: I do not have the option to send a chat via email.
Sophia S: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?
Bill: i believe everyone considering a purchase should be FULLY aware of this policy
Bill: done
Sophia S: Thank you for contacting $#*!'s Sporting Goods, Bill. Have a great day!
Sophia S has disconnected.

14 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Dick's Sporting Goods staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Dick's Sporting Goods