Review of EpicSports

Wichita, KS 67211
Tel: 888.269.2440

todb10
12/13/17

Just like most people who have submitted reviews about Epic Sports I have experienced the worst customer service possible. I bought a few Christmas gifts and I never recievd the product. So, I emailed them right after I got an e-mail notice that it was returned. They then proceed to explain that I would need to pay a re-ship fee (already paid to ship it once). I then said just return it and give my money back. She said ok. I then got a e-mail saying I was charged a restocking fee and refused to correct the issue. Unreal!!! STAY AWAY!!

jefft84
12/11/17

I own a small business and would NEVER disrespect my customers the way they do. They don't pay for the shipping return and have a "restocking" fee. Doesn't matter if you didnt even touch the product and its in perfect shape with the tags. You lose. The sizing stinks and the customer service is worse. STAY AWAY!!

kendricka8
12/6/17

I wanted to give this company a positive rating, but no matter how many opportunities I gave them they continue to fail. Not only was the order seriously delayed, but there was not communication, update, etc. I call multiple times only to be transferred to my account representative, who literally laughed when I asked why the team jerseys were not shipped overnight. I was told the order was delayed due to broken print equipment and vendor supply of the jerseys. I can understand that, but no communication the entire time is not acceptable. I guess the age old proverb applies here, you get what you pay for. In this case, I've not even gotten that as the jerseys where shipped 3 day, when I'm only a couple hours away. Heck I should have just drove and got them. Never will I use this company again and you would be smart to do the same.

nm66
12/5/17

deceitful company, that sells dirty items and does not even offer to exchange them. Additionally, they give false information on their customer service line to lure you in for the sale and does not honor employee statement. Beware!

laurelm16
12/5/17

Ordered shirts and the wrong one was shipped, they refused to correct by shipping the correct shirt at no additional shipping fees. CUSTOMER SERVICE rep tried to help, but I was transferred to managers who were both ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE!!!!! They would not correct their mistake!!! BUYER BEWARE!!! DONT ORDER FROM EPIC SPORTS!!!

seano32
12/1/17

Ordered items over 30 days and customer service refuses to reship or refund. Ups claim has been opened 3x now and say each time have to wait 8 days

Its ridiculous

Awful to deal with and absolutely NO customer service

franklyf1
12/1/17

I order dimpled baseballs and in order to see if they are any good I had to take them out of the box and throw them (that's what I do with them). They didn't work (inferior bounce quality). In the process of throwing them, of course they cannot be returned in perfect (or saleable) condition. These are crummy balls (defective in their terms) that Epic is selling and now, rather than returning them, I'm just going to eat this expense and never use Epic Sports again. Epic means "grand." I should've stuck with $#*!'s Sporting Goods in the first place. I tried to save money and instead, I am spending money. Not worth it. So sorry - goodbye Epic Sports. This is a bad customer experience, but at least I learned not to go cheap next time. I cannot recommend Epic based on this experience.

davidt303
11/30/17

Ordered and received two large wind shirts. One fit perfectly the other much too large. Sent two emails 11/8 & 11/9 to Cody in Customer Service, no response. On 11/13 spoke to Adam in Customer Service and he asked for a photo showing the size contrast. Photo sent 11/13 no response. Called Adam again on 11/20 & 11/27, he advised that the order fulfillment vendor was sending me a replacement wind shirt. No response yet. I advised Adam that I would be writing this review if I did not get shipment confirmation by yesterday. I like the shirt and do not want a refund just send me the correct size. At this point I would not recommend buying anything from Epic Sports.

tomr165
11/27/17

Just like most people who have submitted reviews about Epic Sports I have experienced the worst customer service possible. I bought a football officials hat from them and it came to me the a rip in the seam. So, I emailed them right after I purchased the hat telling them that it was torn - I also included pictures. They ignored my email. I emailed them to follow up on why I haven't heard anything from them and they respond telling me that they have a 30 day limit on returns and that it was past that limit so they could not replace the hat.

I reminded them that I had sent an original email within the 30 day limit. I even included a screen shot of that original email. They emailed back telling me that the screen shot wasn't proof enough and that I needed to forward them the original email. I can only assume they thought I created the email, falsified it, took a screen shot of it, then sent it to them - all so I could rip them off for a new $10 hat.

So, I forwarded them the original email and now I have heard nothing from them.

I have never done business with a company like this in my entire life. STAY AWAY FROM THEM - DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A COMPANY THAT DOESN'T STAND BY THE PRODUCTS THEY SELL.

stephanp6
11/19/17

1 star is too much for Epic Sports!
Bought 11 ankle braces. I bought them according to the picture Epic Sports put on their website. I received 2 different models. One with the support on the side of the ankle and one with the support around the ankle.
After multiple emails with Bryant (who does not care to follow up), I asked to be called by a manager. Waited 10 days... no response, so I decided to call Epic Sports. I talked to a manager : CODY. Very impolite, rude and he hung up on me. (Yes, very professional customer service!)
When I buy, I buy according to the picture I see on the website and I expect to receive the same product as the picture.
Epic Sports refused to give me a refund. As a customer, I don't care about the SKU. I want what I paid for.
It is Epic Sports' responsibility to upgrade and make sure the listing and the pictures reflect the product on their website.

shardes
11/8/17

Terrible customer service and resolution options for purchasing customers. I placed an order with Epic sports online.over 2 weeks ago the order was approved, a day after the order was placed I received an email that their was an issue with the order, and it would be placed on hold until I called. They also have an automated system that begins calling you at 7am and ends after 8pm letting you know there is an issue with the order and to call in. I call in, and they do not open until 9am. So why does your automated system begin calling 2 hours prior? I call back, and I was on hold for over an hour. some one answered, then hung up. I had to call back and wait on hold for another 30 minutes. I had to go to work, so I ended up calling back the next day. When I called back I spoke with Laura from the address verification team. She asked me several personal questions to verify my address, as I had just moved. I informed her, I had already verified this address as I had used it for a previous shipment. so I was unsure as to why they placed the order on hold in the first place. I was due to my billing address being updated. After that was verified I was informed my package would arrive 5 days later because it took me 2 days to call them. I was told I could pay an additional fee to receive my garments on time. I paid the extra Shipping cost (3- day shipping & inconvenience) but probed for any discounts, or anything they could do for the paying customer in lieu of the inconvenience. I was told there was nothing they could do. I received a conformation email from Cody, however no tracking information has been available on the package Since they allegedly shipped it out. My package was scheduled to arrive yesterday, 5 days after the 3 day shipping time frame, no package. I called epic sports, I was told they would have to file a claim with the USPS and that it could take up to 15 business days. I have event scheduled for this weekend that i needed the garments, for I had been advertising them, paid more , and now i have no idea where they are. epic Sports showed zero empathy for my situation and was told, next time I should select UPS as a shipping option as it only has a 8 business day turnaround for lost items vs. the current 15. In terms of a refund I would have to wait the 15 day period to ensure the package was lost and the post office investigation is complete be fore I could get my refund. I asked about expedited shipping I was told that wasn't an option but I could place another order. with no discount or anything for the inconvenience. I asked what procedures did they have in place for bad customer service on their part. I was told they had none. I currently have no product, I am out of my money for about 3 more weeks, and I now ave to tell my customers the product will not be at the event.

Thank you Epic sports for your terrible customer service you have lost another customer after reading reviews I see this is the norm for your company. I truly hope you implement a change to your business as we the customers are the reason for you being in business. I will never shop with your company again, and I hope this review prevents others from doing the same.

hannahb88
11/7/17

I would give negative stars if I could. I spent $150 on shipping, and they put my order on hold three different times failing to meet the delivery date then randomly ran out of all inventory five days after ordering. DO NOT EVER ORDER FROM THIS SITE. Finally, I received the cheer skirts I had ordered which were plain white... they had used BLUE stitching to stitch an all-white cheer skirt?? Save the headache DO NOT USE THIS SITE.

maxg30
11/2/17

They do not fix their mistakes, all the bad reviews seem to match my experience with them. The teaser prices aren't worth it, even when says in stock, it is likely stock not correct, and then they take days to fix. Their shipping costs are out of control, and customer service has no power to correct anything. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND TO ANYONE.

michaelw385
10/31/17

Ordered custom jerseys and they were not able to deliver them to me via USPS. Now that they have been sent back to their warehouse, they are demanding that I pay shipping costs to have it resent. I already paid for shipping and they were not able to deliver, so how can they guarantee that I receive it this time? Customer service has been slow to respond and they do not seem to care about making it right. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!

chrisg197
10/30/17

Recently purchase a product from Epic sports that arrived damaged. Even though their policy was satisfied by notifying them with pictures, they were more concerned with not having to pay anything and denied the claim to replace the damaged product using the freight companies refusal to accept responsibility for the damage. Epic sports is a middle man and only worried about their bottom line. I would take my business elsewhere to somebody that has values and follows them.

melh38
10/27/17

Ordered Cliff Kleen officiating pants. Wrong Size. In the package was a card that said:
Thank you for choosing Cliff Kleen Athletic for your gear needs. We hope our service has acceded your expectations.
If you have any questions or comments please contact us at 1-800-992-0799.

Called an argued with a lady who said oh no, we can't help you, you need to call Epic sports where you bought them. I called over 20 times and waiting up to 15 minutes on some of the calls and NOBODY ever answered. I finally emailed a lady and reordered.

After paying a re-stocking fee, paying to ship back the wrong pair, getting credited back to my account A single pair of pants cost me $78.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

hollyc63
10/18/17

I ordered Adidas jackets for our soccer team and paid for them online. A few days later, I got a call saying they didn't have some of the sizes I needed so they refunded me on those and shipped the sizes they did have. I couldn't find matching jackets in the right sizes elsewhere to match the jackets they had just shipped, so I needed to return the 10 jackets I bought from Epic Sports. They informed me that I would have to pay a $7.16 fee per jacket and that I would have to pay shipping as well. I tried to see if they would work with me on the restocking fee since they were the ones not able to ship my full order and messed me up. I would have never placed the order if I had known they couldn't fulfill the whole order. When they shipped the sizes they did have, they didn't happen to tell me I would be charged a $7.16 fee if I needed to return these. They said the only way they'd waive the restocking fee is if I ordered a similar item, same $ amount. I said sure, send me the Adidas Tiro 17 jacket and they said sorry, we don't carry those. This business is definitely not out to help the customer and not friendly in the slightest. I left phone messages but never once received a call back, only emails. I worked with someone named Racheal. I am a team manager for a small soccer team and the $115 will come out of my pocket. I'm amazed this company can stay in business with this type of return policy. I will not be ordering from them again, very bad experience.

ryanm27
10/18/17

STAY AWAY! Ive never had such a bad experience with ordering something online. I received an automated phone call that there was an issue with my order. So I called them back and after waiting on hold the billing address was their issue. It's the same address Ive used for over 5 years with the card so I guess P.O. Boxes dont do well for their system. We tried to type the info in again while on phone still no good. Then in order to use a different credit card we had to cancel the order and place a whole new order. That required that I be transferred to someone else. My second business credit card didnt work with another billing address I use for that card that isnt a P.O. Box. Then I was informed that sometimes the billing address is attached to my personal address or maybe because its a business card that whoever owns the business might of used a different address for billing to maybe confirm that. I OWN THE BUSINESS and have used both cards for god only knows how many online purchases including Amazon on a weekly basis. I know my billing addresses.

Finally to get the person off the phone I pulled my personal credit card out of my wallet and used that. That finally worked. Then I had to stroke myself a check for the amount to deposit back to my personal bank account.

When I thought all was finally over I now received yet another phone call about my order being on hold the following day and that I needed to call back to discuss. Come to find out items were on back order with no date frame of when they would be back in stock. I call the number and wait on hold for ten minutes and leave a voicemail to call me back and not "lose my place in line." Its now been 1 1/2 hours with no call back.

Just a BAD experience ALL around and completely unacceptable in my opinion as business owner.

To top it offI now get to write another check out of my personal bank account to deposit back into my business account now that the order is being refunded.

jeanneh26
10/12/17

Bought jerseys for my daughters basketball team. One of the sizes was too small!! Called and asked if I could exchange it for the next size....The jersey was $12.99....said sure, except I would have to pay $10.90 for shipping?!?!? 1 jersey for $23! And I get a restocking fee and have to pay for shipping to send the wrong size back!! I will not order through them again!!
Buyers BEWARE!!

annd102
10/12/17

I ordered a size 2 XL jersey, and what I received was a jersey that fit my 8 year old child. They do not include a return form in the box, because you are required to call them, sit on hold for 30 minutes, and then ask them for permission to return the item. You are then advised that you are responsible for all return shipping costs, and a "restocking fee", therefore making it not worth your time or money to return an item that you never stood a chance at being able to use. The staff has a "that's your problem attitude". I reordered my item at $#*!s Sporting Goods, which was cheaper, and they have free shipping, along with free return shipping if you are unhappy with their product.

benjamins75
10/5/17

What kind of company shows a picture of a product that is not accurate, ships that product to the customer stained and dirty, makes the customer wait on hold for 20 minutes to get a return authorization number, instead of just giving the return information they keep trying to get you to place a new order, charges a restocking fee if you don't place a new order, won't pay for the return shipping and tells the customer to wash the item before returning it, which VIOLATES THEIR OWN ONLINE RETURN POLICY THAT CLEARLY SAYS ITEMS THAT ARE WASHED OR WORN CANNOT BE RETURNED !!!! A bad company, that's what kind.

chauc1
9/29/17

Trusted offer, customer service actively support and the problem solved fast and very satisfied, highly recommended.

rudyc13
9/28/17

Great value! Awesome timingThis is an excellent company!! I keep coming back for a reason. Can't find a better deal anywhere else

tomasg25
9/28/17

I run a city sports league for our kids and on a small budget I found epic sports and I got my football teams looking good and dint break the bank the kids were happy they have been playing with hand me downs wore out gear and now new stuff kids cant wait to see what else is in for them thank you epicsports for doing a great job

amandam222
9/28/17

I ordered 6 shirts for our coaches. Placed the order late Thursday night, paid extra to get it faster, and we received it on Monday! Will order again!

Cheap prices and cheaper customer service. When I ordered was shipped direct from the manufacturer and took a couple weeks. The problem I ran into was when my order was defective. Return nightmare - I spent 50$ for a flat basketball and would have cost more money to return. Good luck with your order. Better buying from a company that has name recognition and actually cares about their reputation and customer service. Epicsports = epicfail

By Jason L.

Yes, quality seemed acceptable. Be careful of return date policy and delivery dates conflicts. A helmet isn't the easiest thing to buy on-line so make sure you have correct measurements and fit the helmet as soon as you get it to stay within return policy...

By Lori S.

Yes, then when it's late and your deadline comes... It's your problem.

By Patricia B.

I'm not sure if they do or not. I know they take debt cards right when you order and then act like they don't owe you product and if you call to much they warn you not to keep calling or else they will delay shipment even further. I wouldn't waist your time or money.

By Sam n.

reasonable. Not sure if it's' based on total cost of purchases or actual weight, but I had a $17 item that weighed a few pounds and it was only about $7 for shipping and handling.

By Kathleen K.
Questions? Get answers from the EpicSports staff and other customers.

11 Photos for EpicSports