DFS

DFS has a consumer rating of 1.77 stars from 13 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about DFS most frequently mention customer service problems. DFS ranks 367th among Furniture sites.

How would you rate DFS?

“DFS deliver the goods!”

Stephen S.
10/27/15

I've used DFS twice to buy furniture and have found the company to be easy and stress free to deal with. From the intial phone purchase through to the delivery guys the staff are polite and friendly. The sofas I've bought have been good quality and carefully delivered. Plus the company offers the chance to pay for your furniture interest free for up to 4 yrs if you need to... that's great service. I'd have no hesitation in using them again.

“Bizarrely Dreadful..”

Lisa P.
3/5/21

Bizarrely Dreadful... Ordered Sofa 10 weeks ago. Already started redec of lounge in preparation for arrival. Then informed that sofa delayed by a further month... then... they "accidentally cancelled my order!". So back to square one with a 10% discount... I DON'T THINK! How is this company still in business?

lisap1215
March 5th, 2021

Bizarrely Dreadful...

Venezia Corner Sofa

nikkih37
August 26th, 2020

Honestly don't bother! Once your items are delivered no one cares if they are broken and every time you phone you wait for at least half an hour only to be promised a call back that never happens! If you order anything other than sofas, this is outsourced to another supplier that doesn't even answer the phone to customers or DFS. The products are poorly made and not worth the money!

dj459
July 22nd, 2021

Second suite in a row that has been faulty on delivery. Poor quality product for a premium price. All products are (D)irect (F)rom (S)hanghia. Padding sags in days and ours the electrical recliners have never worked. The manager is clearly hiding behind one of their settees has he hasn't had the decency to respond to me. Save your money shop elsewhere.

mattheww758
July 7th, 2021

DFS is a joke unreliable and a bunch of disorganised persons who I will visiting the next few days.

stewarte18
November 17th, 2020

Ordered our sofas 25 July, promised by the salesman 12-13 weeks but could be sooner.
13 weeks passed 24 October, the tracker has been useless, each time we have contacted customer service a new excuse has been made, from lack of foam (after we had been assured it was on the boat) to "not being able to dock".
Delivery was promised for Friday 20 November, I booked a day off on annual leave, today I received a call to tell me the delivery had been "rescheduled" to the 25th.
We have no faith they will arrive at that point and no faith in DFS at all, the empty promises from the salesman, the unprofessional attitude of customer service.
To rub salt into the wound we received an email from Harry Unis, head of customer service, saying that lockdown would not affect the estimated delivery time, our delivery was already overdue.
I would never recommend this shambles of a company when the head of 'customer service' spouts inane drivel.
Absolutely terrible, shame I can't give zero stars.

Tip for consumers:
Never believe a word DFS say, totally unreliable.

Still waiting for delivery

shahida33
July 26th, 2021

Bought a sofa from DFS (Brentford London Branch). Order was delivered in October 2020. By the beginning of November 2020 sofa leather developed fault. Brentford branch was contacted in early November and they arranged someone to come and have a look. By end of November a person from local branch came and inspected the fault and told that some of the leather is faulty however as it is covered under warranty they will fix it or replace it if needs to be. Within few days the gentleman came back and tried some quick fixes. Unfortunately the fix did not work and the fault was developed again. In early January 2021 I contacted DFS again. Since then its almost 6 months and DFS has proved how careless and unprofessional they are. I have exchanged several emails since, evertime either they ask for order number which I have included in the subject of my email for ease but they are so useless they cant find it or they ask for pictures which are sent several times or they will ask to send the whole email again. I have done everything they said so far but they dont even have the courtesy to confirm if they have received it and what would be the next step. I have to make an effort everytime to ring them and in response they ask to resend the email. I think Brentford branch in specific is rubbish. I will never recommend DFS to anyone. The sofa costs me £5000 and yet I am using it as faulty. I did not pay £5000 to use a faulty product for a year and GOD knows how long more they will take. Avoid them as there are a lot of other good sellers available. I rang them for 4 days in a row and every time they arranged a call back but surprisingly no one called back. I am still trying to arrange a visit for a product that is under warranty and they even sold me a third party extended warranty as well however due to their rubbish customer service none of the warranties are useful.

Avoid DSF if you can.

Sofa

matthewt660
September 27th, 2021

Awful Service. I have been waiting for a USB socket change on my Sofa from DFS since November 2020. Since this date I have spent a huge amount of time with their customer service team who have advised me there notes on my account are illegible! They are never able to escalate, you can't speak to a manager, and all they seem to be able to do is get a call back in place……
What exactly is the point of a customer service team that can't provide customer service?
After losing several holiday days from work and the engineers turning up with wrong or more recently on the 23rd September 2021 no part! That's right we booked a day off work again to meet an engineer with no part! I complained again to the customer service team who advised the manager from the Measham store would be in touch as this is a service issue they can do nothing. I received no call back and subsequently called them again the next day on the Friday (24th) which again lead to know call back (even though on both occasions I was told it would be same day).
I have even emailed the store directly with the issues advising if a part that is easily fixable cannot be completed I would have to take things further starting with negative reviews. Unfortunately I have received no reply.
We love our sofa, however DFS back end processes and customer service skills is the WORST I have ever experienced and something I would not expect from such a flag ship name. For this reason I will never recommend DFS to family or friends.
Don't take this risk with these jokers.

Sofa

timm1285
July 15th, 2021

We purchased a sofa bed a few months ago over the internet and due to COVID we could not have any visitors stay over so the sofa bed was not used until about a month ago.
When we tried out the sofa bed for the first time we found the sofa bed not to be fit for purpose as it is so uncomfortable and due to this we had to go out and purchase a blow-up bed for the weekend.
DFS have sent an upholsterer out to have a look at the sofa bed and he advised as the sofa bed is not damaged there is nothing he can do but he did admit that most sofa bed's are not fit for purpose due to the structure of them and that you should really be able to trial them in your home for a few months.
I have contacted DFS and spoke to Paul the manager of the Carcroft branch since the visit and he has advised that the purchase is out of the 28 day's period so there is nothing he can do or will do.
Please can you advise where i stand legally with this matter?

gurcharans4
April 19th, 2021

Spoke to head office and several managers who advised they would call me back again on the 19th april 2021 and again no one has bothered to prioritise this case and resolve it. Below is the summary of the poor customer service and shocking communication.

I placed an order with DFS on the 14th Feb and was advised the items would be delivered in April. I ended up placing the order with DFS over their other competitors only because of the delivery timescales, DFS were the quickest at the time and suited me better.
The order was done on finance and everything had been approved and accepted. I called several times in Feb, March and April to check the order status of the order and was advised everything was running on time and there were no delays as I booked a date to get rid of my old sofas.
I called earlier on in the week weds 14th April, and requested for a manager to call me as I still had not heard from anyone regarding my delivery and the advisors who I were speaking to did not have much information on what was going on.
72 hours elapsed and a manager still did not call me, I called again and spoke to a Danny who then advised he knew what the issue was. He went onto explain the order had not gone into production as they did not receive full details from the finance company, this was shocking and angered me. Danny tried to push the blame on the finance company however I don't accept that my order is is with DFS and when I have called to check on the order several times this issue should have been picked up by the advisors. DFS have just wasted my time, affected my credit score and left me without any sofas. I will never recommend DFS to anyone and the customer service has been poor especially when a manager cannot call back within the 72 hour period specified by yourselves.
I'm now waiting for someone to call me on the 19th april to discuss a way forward however I should never have ordered from DFS and should have placed my order with SCS.
Danny advised he had spoken to a Rachel from head office however could not promise for her or a manager to call back over the weekend, it would most likely be Monday.
Why this has not been made a priority baffles me clearly DFS do not care about the customers and do not care about losing custom.

I have spoken to DFS head office and again have been waiting for a manager call back yet no one has called me.

Tip for consumers:
Do not use DFS, no one calls back especially not managers.

stephens66
October 27th, 2015

patrickk36
December 10th, 2015

The soffa we just ordered was such good quality stylish and unbelievable value for money. We needed it quickly as we had purchased a Sofa from Made.com that we were really disapointed with. However Dfs were able to identify a sofa available for immediate delivery.

Thanks Dfs much appreciated may be you can advise Made.com how to look after their customers

barbaras2053
March 24th, 2021

After waiting few months I have got my "sofa bed". Wow, what a experience. Cushions very low quality- after few days they look like few years old. Mattress- I would not offer any family member to sleep on it for one night, nothing inside, extremely uncomfortable. Milton Keynes DFS costumer service- hmmmm, I have called back minutes after miss call from them and there's no one to answer... Really, save yourself money and stress and go elsewhere- you will get good quality. I wouldn't take my sofa for free. Im done with DFS and I'm advising to everyone to stay away from it.

Furniture

erict74
August 26th, 2018

I was happy with my experience in buying a corner sofa and armchair at DFS Norwich. However when it was delivered a part of the sofa was torn. I then spent over a week chasing the store. I was asked to accept the damaged part of the sofa, then I was asked to accept it with some compensation but the assistant would not say how much compensation. Eventually they collected the good part of the sofa to have the whole lot sent back to the factory and now it has been sent back but the store can't tell me when the delivery will be!

Nearly impossible, the customer service staff have been scripted to just repeat untruths and different excuses

By Stewart E.