Review of DeluxeHosting

Tel: 1-844-582-8132
support@deluxehosting.com

davids2150
3/13/19

I want to say that their stuff is really professional, every time I need a help they are
there always. It is really the best solution for hosting.
Connection speed 10/10. Support with chat 10/10.

ellish16
3/6/19

I'm quite satisfied with their assistance. The customer service representative was knowledgeable and efficient and quickly took care of my problem. Absolutely the best customer service of any company I've ever dealt with.

maddisont3
3/5/19

Excellent service they provide. Guy on the phone was very knowledgeable and helpful. We had a problem earlier in the week and to insure that it would be fixed he stayed on the line with me and worked to insure things were corrected. When the email did not go through he alerted me and asked me to send it to a different location.

hamishf1
2/12/19

DeluxeHosting was very easy to work with, they laid out all of my options and gave me
an idea of the type of package that would suit my needs. This conversation was all it took, they were so professional and the set-up was quick and painless!

emiln6
2/9/19

This company promises and delivers exactly that! They are a very efficient and reliable
provider with great qualities. Servers work with no glitches. They have troubleshooting support.

adams542
2/6/19

You know how difficult to find a right host and when you have it, you feel lucky. These guys keep everything simple, local, and affordable. I have faced no issues yet.

mezann
12/7/18

Ideal customer support! Any problem you have such as (ssl, cron... anything u need). The support team is at your rescue, either through phone or live chat! I give them an A+++!.

jessical396
9/18/18

I'm always impressed with the dedication that their technical staff show on support calls. Even difficult issues are handled with a can-do attitude. +100.

jeffh377
7/29/18

In my previous life, I designed hosting facilities. Then as a customer used many all around the U.S. and Europe.

Stay away from Deluxe Hosting. Performance < poor; support < horrible. When asking their support team about the time outs and abysmal speed they actually responded with...

"We are extremely sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There was some temporary load issues in the server and this has been fixed now. Since this is a shared server these kind of instances often arises."

"Often Arises" - Fix the servers!

They are a zero rating for me.

Response from Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative
Hi Jeff, Thank you for posting. I do have our senior administrators looking into all servers to ensure they are running as you, and we, expect them to. Thank you again.
richards805
6/30/18

I have been with several hosting before. Finally got fed up of the incompetence and awful support of the last one (I prefer not to mention) and moved to DeluxeHosting. Every thing has been superb so far. They migrated my site in a snap and then the customer services has been head and shoulders above any thing I have known before.
Well done DeluxeHosting.

tysonw9
6/22/18

Currently have had 3 days of no working email at my business. I've worked with somewhere between 4 and 10 different people now - none of them know whats going on, all have me try the same troubleshooting methods and every call leads to a "support ticket" which means nothing will get fixed and you wont hear from anyone. ON TOP OF THAT - I purchased a SSL certificate in May and over a month later they had still not installed it causing my website to go down. Their response was to tell me I never replied to an email which they later found out they never sent to me. Since they installed the SSL certificate my email has crashed and Ive spent hours emailing/chatting/calling with their tech support and still no resolution. You are better off printing your emails and attaching them to carrier pigeons then using this service.

Response from Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative
Hi Tyson. I apologize for the trouble. I do see our technicians are going back and forth with you in your open ticket and I will make sure someone contacts you to get this resolved asap.
toml273
6/20/18

It's incredible that a "hosting" company can't figure out how to keep a website online.

My website is extremely slow to load. Every. Single. Day.

And the site also goes down. Multiple times. Every. Single. Day.

I genuinely feel bad for people who go to work every day for a company that can't properly execute on it's one core job properly. Must not be very fun for morale.

Anyways, enough ranting. There are 100 better hosts online than this one.

Stay away.

Response from Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative
Hi Tom. I am sorry for the bad experience. I am sure you have already but if you do notice any slowness or your site being down, please send in a trace route so we can look into your account specifically. There were some issues when this was entered however all issues are resolved and you should not have your site going down at all. Thanks!
jessec109
6/14/18

They have a very professional support team, they helped me install scripts with no hassle. Their features are exactly what is needed and is easy to use. My hosting speed is quite fast and traffic is good and I recommend to use them for those who are interested in getting quality services.

toms631
6/12/18

I don't know what it take to keep the magic of the internet working BUT I know that in 20 years of using various hosting providers I've never been in a situation like this.

NO email for 4 days for my business with no light at the end of the tunnel.
Nothing they can do to help.
No way to forward my mail somewhere else.
for 4 days at the moment maybe 5 tomorrow.

Response from Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative
Hi Tom. Thank you for reaching out. This was indeed an issue that was top priority for our teams and has since been resolved. We are still working through all of the details to ensure something like this does not happen again. Please feel free to contact us if you are still having any issues at all. Thank you again and I very sorry for the bad experience.
thomasw357
6/12/18

This is my second recent poor experience with Deluxehosting. My outbound e-mail was blacklisted and bounced to important business contacts because someone on the shared hosting server assigned to me (unrelated to my domain) was compromised, as a result of poor security. The advice from Delxuehosting was to use my ISP's SMTP server while they fix the issue. I think this was intended to be helpful advice, but my ISP's SMTP server will only support their domain name (e.g. user@cox.net) not my business domain name, which is precisely why I pay for Dexluehosting, defeating the purpose of a business account. At the same time, they only partially fixed the issue, and I had to go back to advise that my domain was still on another blacklist, during which time mail bounced. Poor quality.

Response from Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative
Hi Thomas,

I am sorry that the resolution relayed to you was not what you were looking for. I understand we are in contact with your directly to answer any other questions you may have and to work towards a better resolution. Thank you for the additional information.
mindys30
5/6/18

After Liquidweb sadly sold out to DeluxeHosting, I was inadvertently exposed to nonsense.

I was hung up on when asking for the name of who I was being "serviced" by trying to meet my new "service provider'. I have been with these people since 2009, but the new staff hasn't been told (the sale was like 2016).

Do not pay DeluxeHosting money.

lanev5
3/15/18

Well I have spoken with every one of their techs, their managers, the sales force, and the president of the company. They are all dedicated to the same thing I am - superior customer experience. That is why I host my sites there and invite all of my clients to do the same.

keithg61
1/25/18

I am very pleased with their service, very kind and professional. I recommend DeluxeHosting. Don't look further, they are best choice.

joannp21
1/2/18

They hit your credit card automatically. If you try to cancel they tell you to email support@deluxehosting.com with your invoice #. Then they never credit you. The representative in billing just told me once they hit your credit card you are contracted for a year.It's in their terms and agreement. Even though I canceled the hosting and I do not have the service they are still billing me $249.48.

yvonneo10
12/23/17

I can't say a single bad word about them. The prices are great value & the tech support is second to none.

Dealing with other hosts on behalf of clients makes me thankful I use DeluxeHosting.

suec118
12/8/17

I was an extremely happy customer with APlus.net hosting for 15 years. Recently, Deluxe Hosting either acquired or merged with APlus, and since then the customer service has been beyond terrible.

I set up a storefront and ecommerce site through APLUS, and it worked great for a few months until it suddenly vanished. At that point, I was told that I had to upgrade to the plan that cost 3x as much in order to keep the storefront I created while under the previous plan. They said that plan no longer includes the storebuilder. Nope, I wasn't grandfathered in - just DROPPED.

So... I upgraded. Moved all my sites over to the more expensive plan, but was still being billed for BOTH plans. I called billing to have the lower priced plan removed from my account. I stayed on the phone for 1/2 hour, until she said she 'took care of everything'. Well, she did, alright...

The next thing I know, ALL my sites are GONE. Nothing in the file manager, and no available backups, which I used to have automatically with aplus.

I placed a ticket to have all 7 sites restored. The first ticket was closed with only 3 sites being restored. I opened another ticket, and made a point of indicating that they need to restore ALL websites. That one, too, was closed without completion. The third ticket was a joke. I spoke directly with the support agent, saying I wanted to open TWO tickets, due to previous experience. He ASSURED me it would be fine to list both on the ticket. Guess what? Same thing... Only 1 of 2 web sites were restore. took a week to get all my sites back, including my ecommerce site, which cost me money and customers. Sadly, after over 15 years with this company, I am moving to godaddy. I have lodged a complaint with BBB, requesting compensation for lost business as well as a refund of my monthly fees. So far, a couple people have reached out to me just to say my sites were now restored. I never got anything more than "I'm sorry you had trouble with Support". No acknowledgement of how unacceptable (especially in 2017) it is to leave a customer without their online store for over a week. Not even an offer of a single month discount. No refund of overpayment. I don't know how they continue to do business in this competitive environment.

Response from Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative
Hi Sue. I am passing this along to the supervisor for the Aplus group so they can look into this for you. I can assure you that nothing has changed or merged and it's the same support staff you've had for many, many years. I apologize for the troubles and confusion and again will get this over to them ASAP.
jeffb230
12/2/17

This has been a nightmare experience. The site has frequent glitches where it displays jibberish in certain areas. It is also down more than it has ever been with any other hosting provider.

But the biggest issue by far is billing and support. Every time we call they alternate between telling us we are paid in full and that we owe money and they are going to shut us down. I called this past Wednesday to make sure we were paid in full and was told we were. Because of past problems I requested a confirmation email saying that we were paid in full, which they sent.

Then they shut our site down this morning (Saturday) for non-payment! When I called to try to get it straightened out (again) I was told that billing dept does not open until Monday and there was nothing that could be done until then.

So now my site will be down all weekend right in the middle of a big paid promotion we were doing.

If you are thinking of using this company, you will be making a HUGE mistake.

Tip for consumers: Don't

Response from Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative
Hi Jeff. I do apologize for any inconveniences. I was able to find your account and I do see that a grace period has been extended for the invoice due on the account. If you do need anything else please do not hesitate to contact us/our Billing Department again and we'd be glad to assist. The actual Billing Department is available via phone Monday through Friday however we have other reps who should be able to assist in this type of case 24/7/365. I again apologize for the confusion and the inconveniences this has caused.
ronj80
11/29/17

I got moved over to this hellhole when my account was sold by LiquidWeb a little less than a year ago. Little did I know that this One-Man-Show would increase my blood pressure and destroy my once promising business.

Deluxe(?)hosting do not understand the meaning of customer service. In my line of business if I provide bad service causing my customers to lose money, when my customer call to find out what's going on if I tell them to calm down I would be out of business.

I have (had) a couple websites with Deluxe(?)hosting and I kept losing files from my public_html directory. Every time I call, nobody (the same guy pick up the phone every time with a different name) I mean nobody knows why.

At first I was told that I deleted my own files. The guy said he was going to open a ticket to find out what happens. And supposedly escalate my issue to tier 2 (lol. what a joke) there is no such thing as tiered support at Deluxehosting. It's just one guy.

An hour later the guy sent me an email telling me that the files were not deleted but rather the permissions were changed. Who changed them? he doesn't know.

What do the logs show,I ask him. Nothing.

If you wanna have fun with html,php well I guess you will find deluxehole appealing. If instead you want to run a business, forget it. You need to find a reputable host not this deluxehole.

Response from Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative
Hi Ron. I am sorry to hear this. We do indeed have a separate phone staff and support staff made up of different tiers. I am sorry you did not experience good Customer Service/Support from us. If you send me a message with your domain name or something else I can find your account or ticket with, I will be sure to have it resolved as quickly as possible.
oliviab51
11/16/17

I'm very happy today, DeluxeHosting helped me with issues and I had a great customer service.
They know their work well.

somethingelser
10/7/17

Over the course of the last two days, my site has either been slow to load or completely offline with little to no information about what had happened or when it might be resolved. I contacted support multiple times, to no avail. Worse -- far worse -- was that during lengthy periods of this outage, an image appeared when people visited by URL stating that the account had been suspended. This was an utter disaster for my brand, more damaging even than the outage itself -- though that obviously cost us page views and money. We were bombarded with customer questions, most of which dealt with the solvency of our operation. It was humiliating. I have found another company to do business with.

Response from Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative
HI,

I am very sorry to hear about your bad experience. Please send me message with your domain name so I can look up the account and find out what happened. We can give you a call if you provide your phone number. Thank you and I look forward to your message.

Hello. Can you send us an email to support@ and include your account information so we can look into this for you? Thank you!

By Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative

Hi Jane, I am very sorry for the bad experiences you have had with Deluxe Hosting. I would be glad to speak with you regarding your problems and work out a resolution with you. Please send an email to support@deluxehosting.com with your contact information or give us a call and ask to speak with the supervisor. Once again I do apologize for the bad experiences you have had.

By Derek H., DeluxeHosting Representative
Questions? Get answers from the DeluxeHosting staff and other customers.

1 Photo for DeluxeHosting