Craigslist, Inc. reviews

2018 Customer choice award

363 reviews with 5 stars

allisonp63
7/27/19
Ok so there's a lot about Craigslist I really love but first let's get the elephant out of the room... YES there are scammers and perverts. I've seen all kinds of ads there for roommates that I've signed up for that people never ever let me actually contact them and people thought I was a prostitute.

Basically if you're looking for a roommate you need to apply for as many ads as possible because up to 50% of them are going to be fake. But if you can find a genuine ad it's one of the best places to find a roommate. I have tried on several occasions to find roommates on Facebook and no one will reply. I don't enjoy Facebook for finding a roommate.

As far as rideshares go it's also great! I have a hard time getting around because I can't drive and I needed people to drive me to work. I don't have a job but I was willing to pay people for the ride and they said they'd do it for free. The woman I spoke to actually said I could be her roommate and that she'd drive me to work and to see my family. Yes people there thought I might be a prostitute but after I found the GOOD people I was very happy with the services offered by Craigslist. Never EVER been able to find someone to drive me around on Facebook.

I've never had a bad experience here. Just use common sense.
clairep76
6/8/19
The room turned out to be an amazing new space in my home. Tim was great. He is very creative and came up with some interesting ideas. He came in time and completed the project pretty quickly. His pricing was very fair as well. We are very happy with his work. Would definitely recommend him!
rudolphr16
1/15/19
Carpenter Gary Greenwald does good work at affordable prices. The work this man does is like a masterpiece.
ibrahimovitchk
12/21/18
When I tried all Available spy apps but didn't get desired result I had to hire a competent and reliable mobile phone hacker.
Solidarity Hacker (AT) GMAIL.COM
This hacker delivered access link to a secured platform where I was able to view all the communication activities on my cheating partner's mobile phone including but not limited to phone call logs history and its audio recording , WhatsApp Facebook messenger Snapchat Instagram Viber kik and all other Apps located and operating on my partner's mobile device. Use a reliable , trusted and user friendly platform from the competent hacker.
Solidarity Hacker AT GMAIL.COM
doloresa22
11/9/18
Got a lawnmower from a guy in my county, no troubles at all, showed on time and the product was used as shown in pictures and in working condition! And the price was right!
Good alternative to lowes or amazon imho.
jenniferr429
10/30/18
besides Amazon and Facebook to find what I need. Easy to use and always on time. But you do have to be careful with some of the items in the list. Knowing what's fraud and what's not will help you dearly.
jeffreys109
5/1/18
So far I really enjoy the app.I will be redeeming my first gift card later this week
.It is easy to use.I enjoy taking the surveys in my spare time.I wish I qualified for more serveys
brittanyk16
11/3/17
I've always loved this website! From being able to sell your stuff, searching for jobs, and purchasing things, this site offers it all! Not to mention, being able to make $$$ by posting ads for some companies! There's definitely some non-legitimate ads out there but there are also legit ones too! This is always a site I refer to whenever I need anything! Highly recommended!!
favort
3/20/17
I bought a car on Craig's lists sold my this company 3 weeks ago and now it needs $5300 worth of repairs. Do not buy cars from them!!!
ronniec23
2/25/17
Carlton Edwards was awesome as a salesperson. I purchased a used 2003 Honda Accord Coupe and he went out of his way to assist me. The car was a good deal with low mileage and he helped me reach my final decision. The car had a slight damage in the front bumper..he even assured me to get that fixed at a future date at a nominal price. A very helpful salesperson and I will go back to him for future trade in and buying a new vehicle. God Bless him. Ronnie B. Chatterjee Elmhurst Queens, New York
kathyl70
9/4/16
I hire this man and his Son to Put up Cameras and set up The DVR He came with out any Tools and expect to Use mine Then Try to drill a Hole into My wall I told him it was Block and you have to have the right Drill Bit to go Thru the wall He did not Listen Now I have a Hole He Left me a MESS The Cameras do Not record they only live play so i have to hire some one else to come do A Job this man screwed up @ night the camera are all white so Im not sure what he has done.. Do Not hite this person waste of time and your Money

Tip for consumers: do not hire

antonior36
8/26/16
Watch for job interviews asking you for money up front $100 or more. Plus osha SCAM !
jeno12
8/14/16
Mike's TV Install in Dallas was a great value and service all around. Mike was professional, quick, and mounted my TV beautifully without any mistakes or mishaps. I would highly recommend this service to anyone looking to mount any size TV on a wall or even brick wall, with all the wires hidden behind the wall!
scottp80
7/5/16
Really love Craigslist. I call it Craigs. Always find good deals, but be careful! It's easy to get caught up and get a bad item!
rachaelr10
6/8/16
Using this for simple stuff that I need or need to sell and it's simple and easy and trust worthy
sandral81
5/19/16
I hired this company to do some remodeling for me and want to let anyone that needs someone to do some remodeling - Affordable Builders Construction of Reeds Spring, MO had dome me an excellent job at a very good price. They are truly professionals.
juliem129
5/4/16
My son's renters moved out and the inside needed painting. He lives in Minneapolis and and the house is here in Portland so he found someone to do the work and asked us to help. My husband and I showed up at the appointed hour but the painter did not show up. I called my son and he found Francisco Munoz on Craig's list and gave him a call. Francisco showed up within an hour with equipment and a big smile. He painted living room, dining room, hallway and 2 bedrooms. He did several applications in the bedrooms because the old paint was very dark. He also added texture to the family room and painted the ceiling. When we returned all the holes and blemishes had been covered up and the house looked like new. I was astonished! He worked so fast and yet so well. I could see his sense of pride and how much heart he puts into his work! Francisco is a treasure! I cannot recommend him any higher. Also he only charged us $430.00! What a deal! I wish he did everything for a house!
thet13
4/23/16
The best of the best ! Rachel *******276 She is drop dead gorgeous. Outstanding personality and performance unparalleled- amazing. Very addictive. Don't waste your time with the fakes she is the real deal/ total package worth every bit of what she wants for her time you will always want to tip to trust and believe me when I tell you....
jonathanh64
4/16/16
great place to find things locally, I have successfully bought and sold here. But be careful! people can be dishonest and Craigslist does not guarantee anything (how could they they don't charge). treat it as if you were responding to a paper add in the newspaper or posted in a public place .
josiahp9
3/5/16
Willy responded on short notice to aerate our front yard. He was on-time, business like, and did a GREAT job at a reasonable price.
resat
10/26/15
Really invaluable tool. Watch out for scams though!
amberw29
10/13/15
Craigslist have been flagging every post of mine and there nothing wrong with the post it's very frustrating because I'm trying to sell my house and it won't post my ad it's been doing this for weeks now and it can't be fixed if you want another website use backpage it's way better craigslist sucksssss super bad !!!!
joyceh19
5/12/15
Problem with CL just gotten to big an not enough support for customers. That's why facebook will take over the classifieds but I did notice on google I saw buysaleandtrade.com they're advertising no fees for classified and auctions while using customers facebook profiles.
sw365
4/3/15
Free ads, mostly nice people, you must stay in control of the transaction.If you must ship something Use U.S.postal money orders only.cash and ship at same time.IF you cant talk to the buyer or seller STAY AWAY.Love it.
willamh20
9/29/14
I just sold my car took only 10 days I am very please and posting was real easy

Craigslist

Tip for consumers: very easy to use and a great way to sell

289 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No, and DO NOT talk to the forum...trolls just waiting to attack anyone who is frustrated.

By Sebastion L.

All you can really do isjust "flag" the ad when you click on it. It gives you the ability to delete the posting. Nothing more. Craigslist gives no way's to post negative reviews. Unless you take the ad posting and info and post your own ad as the negative outcome or info. to pass on your experience. Lots of others are doing it as scam alerts or fraud alerts. Only remember that if you do, then the person whom your referring to also can "flag" your posting also.

By mike m.

I have posted many adds with craigslist my house, furniture and pets in the past. I am trying to post an dog now that showed up on here on the 4th of July. But all my adds get deleted use to love craigslist now I hate Craigslist. Big waste of my time every add I post gets deleted if I will selling cocaine I can understand craigslist use a funking little common sence. Don't call the customer service number thank you for calling Craigslist but there is no one here to help you. I have posted last add with Craiglist longer customer.

By sabre c.

In order to list items I first take the best pictures I can and take quite a few as you can post alot on listing. Then depending on item I'm listing I get dementions any and as much as I can. Now you need to create an account on Craigslist and no they change nothing for you to list or take a percentage of item sold unlike ebay. When you create your account you do have to provide a valid email but they only give it out if you check the box when posting that they can, Craigslist prefers you don't give out your own. They will make an email for you item and then forward it to you when someone inquires. When I checked emails regulary I would have them give my email out and had no problems until I had a box of misc items and then I received alot of sexual messages, so I never use my personal one anymore . I due have people text me ( there is a box you can mark if you'd prefer that method of contact) working the hours I do I've always used it since that option came out. I've never had any problems with a buyer calling or texting me. I've sold alot of items some were the same item just reposted it when I got more to sell. And I've always had people come to my house and never had any problems I did have one no show. 1) set up account it works for all the different areas. 2) It been along time but I believe they send you an email to verify it's valid 3) find area I want to post in Delaware, Milwaukee ect and if it's a large city you'll need to deside which area is closest to you 4) go to area you picked say Eastern Shore get on main page I mostly use smart phone top left is a menu touch it and you want to go to my account ( make sure if they sent verification email you verified it) 5) sign into your account I believe it gives you obtions of sell an item or my account, go to sell an item it will ask if you're the owner or I believe other is for mass selling. Then pick best category if it's a lawnmower go to garden ect. Now your making post it will give you options of default email which they recomend or the obtion of having them call or text you. Then you'll need to come up with a short popping post of course put in what your selling and any words that make it seem it's the best. Then give as much info as you can about item selling and make sure to be honest about it. There's an area that asks you who's manufacturer what's it's condition I usually skip that as it's in item description but it could help to sell it. Then theres a map so people know around where you are if you don't want them coming to your house put in zipcode of a town by you. Then it will have you upload pictures. Make sure the best one is uploaded first as that's the one that people see by your post and add the rest of pictures. Also at the beginning it will ask for a dollar amount for item. When pictures are done loading hit publish. Sometimes they send an email verifying post, but they will inform you they are. If they do make sure to go to email and verify it as item won't post till you do. Post will automatically delete after a month to 45 days it comes inactive first so you have option of reposting it. If you want to delete or modify posting sign into craiglist account and touch on my account and all your active and inactive posts are there touch on either delete post or edit. It's very simple and easy to do if you forget to fill in say asking price when you go to publish post it will tell you you something wasnt filled in. I know the government was trying to pass a law that we have to pay taxes on what we sell but I haven't done much selling on eBay or craiglist so I haven't checked if it passed It sounded like it wasn't going to. Hope this helps I am computer dumb and can post on here so most people should have no problems. Terri

By Terri S.

If you want support, go to a real site. Nothing but trolls at CL who prey on anyone asking for help in the forum.

By Sebastion L.

just set up another email account and your back on

By marla l.

Questions? Get answers from the Craigslist, Inc. staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Craigslist, Inc.

Craigslist, Inc.?