Sympoz (dba Craftsy) reviews

contact@craftsy.com
2017 Customer choice award

gracien
1/8/18

I am still in my trial of a week, but I have been looking around a bit, watching some videos. Most of it is mainly for beginners, and I really miss all kinds of other craftsy or art stuff, like book binding, pottery, and printing. So, for me, probably not so workable. More a video version of Pinterest. But I like how friendly it looks.

angiet21
9/20/17

I purchased a kit from them and when I sent an email for help, it took them a few days to respond that they were looking into it. After 2 weeks I sent a follow up and was told that they got behind because of the holiday. I'm sorry but Labor Day is only one day. And now it's 2 weeks later and I STILL don't have a response.

georgej70
9/15/17

I was looking for an online class that provided interaction with the instructor. I am trying to learn how to knit and I thought Craftsy would be just the thing I needed. Well, it was not. Craftsy is nothing more than videos you pay for. Don't get me wrong, they do give you what they say they will, But they make it sound like it is something different than any free learning video you can find on the web. They claim to have online instructors to help you learn, but I am convinced their online instructors are just videos. They say you can ask questions.. and you can,, but the responses are just canned replies. Sometimes they do not reply at all. If you are a brand new, never before knitted person.. keep looking for your solution.. Craftsy is not it. Just keep looking at the free videos and you may come upon one that suits your needs. FOR FREE..... If you just want to buy videos of a type of craft you are interested in then Craftsy is for you. If you just want to buy knitting supplies then Craftly is for you.. If you want to get in touch with other knitters and people selling their wares,, then Craftsy is for you. If you want to actually learn how to do a craft, then save your money and find a free video on your craft, because that is all you will get at Carftsy.

clarab35
4/1/17

I really love their classes. I've learned so much. It did take me a little while to understand how to use the site but now I'm a pro!

cynthiak22
2/13/17

I've got many craftsy classes, and I bought virtually all of them on sale at the lowest prices they ever offer them. Just a short time of observing how they do things, such as having regular sales, I could see that if I waited for a bit I could get a class I wanted at the lowest price they ever do. Over all, I really love this company. I joined this website just over 2 years ago. It's true that some of the newer classes are getting shorter and with less content, but it's also true that some of the older classes should really have been edited when an instructor droned on and on about things that weren't relevant like their personal life. I've bought some lovely fabric from this website, most recently some that it's my understanding that they have made in Japan exclusively for themselves, and it's stunning, very beautiful, and feels very good quality as well. The customer support people have fallen over backwards to respond quickly and generously to the slightest query I've had. It's a refreshing change from other companies who don't seem to give a monkey's once they've got your money. In my experience, they have really seemed to care and wanted to make me happy. Just as one example, they've given me refunds when I haven't even asked for them. Some of the American instructors are extremely slow to respond, if they ever do, which is highly frustrating when you are stuck and want to proceed and don't know how, some of them are quick to respond, and I think perhaps it's the ones who really want to teach other people who respond more quickly and are more committed to doing that. Some of the instructors I think may be doing this more to promote their own websites that sell things than to teach the subjects. Sometimes it seems that way, and some of their prices are extremely high..The British instructors have always been extremely quick to respond, not that I'm prejudiced or anything. lol I really can't say enough good things about this company and their customer support. I just hope they stay around until I die. That's the only thing that's concerned me - you have lifetime access to your classes, but what if they cease trading before then?

beckyb44
2/1/17

One person gave a review that Craftsy has contests and never announce winners. I happen to be the winner of their $500 spending spree. I saw my name posted on their blog and a couple of the staff members emailed me to congratulate me. They were sooooo helpful to me and went above and beyond what they needed to do to help me.

As far as ordering from them, I have ordered from them and have been completely satisfied with their service.

I've also purchased many of their classes, some on sale, some not, and I have been happy with almost all of them. There was one class that I know of that had lots of complaints that there wasn't much to it. To the purchasers of that class, Craftsy gave another class of their choice to "make it up" to them.

I can't say enough good things about Craftsy. They are not perfect and there is no way any business can please everyone, but I think they try their best. I say...take negative reviews with a grain of salt. Remember that people who have had a bad experience are more likely to express their feelings than the thousands of people who have good experiences. That's just the way human nature is.

robertm425
11/24/16

Men are clearly overlooked at Craftsy. It assumes all followers are female (clearly most are) and the class descriptions do not detail if the class videos delineate to cover the anatomy differences of men's bodies (Hint: Most do not) when planning and sewing a garment. I know what I am talking about as I have probably purchased over 30 different classes. I have also written Craftsy several times about the frustrations. They always respond promptly, but never make any real change to make the site more male-friendly and inclusive. If you are interested in women's clothing, then great... It's wonderful for that, but I am not interested in making women's clothing, and so find myself in a very unrepresented market. If you are like me, my advice is stay away and watch YouTube videos instead.

Tip for consumers: For males that want to sew their own clothing: Stay Away!!!!!!

evonniez
9/18/15

I don't like it that he have contests then don't pick out the winner and give them the specified prize. I entered photographs in the August Photography challenge and they never did post an announcement of a winner and my comment on facebook asking about it was taken down and not answered.

Some of the classes are great but others are a waste of money. They also have too many classes of the same exact thing, just a different instructor.

bobl56
9/15/15

This site is awesome and has helped so many people learn to sew and quilt and knit (in my case). Every time I have written in to their support team, they have been personal and helpful!

I even needed a call from someone and they gave me a call back within the hour. I can only sing their praises.

gailm38
9/15/15

I started with classes on Craftsy when they first got started. Back then the quality of the classes were outstanding. Since they have grown at an alarming rate the quality of classes has diminished. It appears anyone can become a Craftsy instructor. Many of the newer instructors do not get back with questions, sometimes for days or even weeks. If your not satisfied with a class they will switch you to another however, the choices are limited and if you can't find a class you enjoy your out of luck. I have a few classes I'v kept from a couple years ago. If your into quilting you will find many classes on the same topics just different instructors. Craftsy, in my opinion has grown too big too fast and are becoming a run of the mill company. Nothing special about Craftsy anymore.

janetw31
7/13/15

I love the Craftsy site! I have started taking drawing and painting lessons to improve my own skills and experience. The instructors are all knowledgeable and enthusiastic about their lessons. Other students offer guidance and encouragement while you are doing your projects!
You choose the time and can review the lesson plans anytime or place. Its easy to find new projects and products on the website. They also offer discounted session and suggestions for your next project. Not only great for the beginner but an experienced artist too! :)

Tip for consumers: Search what you are looking for or look under specific heading to find things easier.

sharons61
3/28/15

I purchased over fifty Craftsy classes using my Kindle Fire. Craftsy made a change to cater their videos to the Ipad user so my classes no longer play videos on my Kindle Fire. After two months of frustration with tech support, Kindle and Craftsy have both left me hanging. Unless I buy an Ipad, I'm pretty much out of luck. My Kindle plays You Tube and Facebook family videos. It's only the Craftsy website that is no longer user friendly to my specific needs. Craftsy assured me they would address the problem but have stopped communicating with me.

Tip for consumers: Today, Craftsy tech support contacted me & suggested I should use my daughters computer, my work computer, or just use my Iphone to play their videos, since my Kindle can't view their videos. Doesn't everyone want to take sewing classes using an Iphone? A second help suggestion came to say I should update my Kindle which is only five months old. Things just went from bad to worse & my problem still is not solved. Craftsy did refund my money for February purchases but I still own over 50 other

chriss154
1/7/15

This site offers craft ideas, knitting and crocheting classes, and sells yarn. Customer service isn't great and classes are overpriced. Shipping costs are too high and take forever, and they require you to use Facebook. They also require your Facebook friends list, news feed, and anything you make public on Facebook. They do have some good ideas, though.

phyllisc7
11/14/14

Craftsy is my favorite place for knitting projects!! I'm also buying a lot of my Christmas gifts this year from other vendors on Craftsy. I like the interface a lot better than Etsy. And the unique gifts are the best.

Tip for consumers: I never thought I'd be interested in cake decorating but it is AMAZING http://www.craftsy.com/cake-decorating

denisel8
10/16/12

I get a daily email regarding their great sales on fabric precuts for quilting. You get what you see in a timely fashion. Once I did not receive my order, and they immediately sent out a new order. I just wish they would have a way to combine shipping on orders, hence the 4 stars.

14 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

In my experience they dispatch the goods by the day after I've ordered them. However, now that they are using DHL it takes longer to receive them, especially since DHL turn the goods over to USPS. I follow tracking whenever there is a tracking number, and it wasn't actually DHL's fault, the goods got to DHL's destination quickly, the slowness was that of USPS taking the order from DHL and delivering it. It takes approximately a week now to cross the country. I suppose it's human nature, especially nowadays, to want everything right now and perhaps sometimes there is a valid urgent need, but I don't think that waiting a week or so should be enough to stop you ordering from a company.

By Cynthia K.

I doubt that, but any time you're not happy, Craftsy offer free US returns.

By Cynthia K.

See if you can instal the ocean browser app. That used to work for me.

By Cynthia K.

Try installing the ocean browser app. That used to work for me.

By Cynthia K.

I can't play them on my kindle fire either. I used to be able to by using the ocean browser app but something changed and it wouldn't work any more. In fact, I can't even get any appd to instal any more, and amazon's support have been useless. You could try installing the ocean browser. I would never get another kindle fire or any other amazon product. I use my laptop hooked up to the tv.

By Cynthia K.

Questions? Get answers from the Sympoz (dba Craftsy) staff and other customers.

Sympoz (dba Craftsy)?