Review of The Knot

Tel: 800-390-9784.
feedback@theknot.com

allyj8
3/19/19

I wanted to use the Knot's honeymoon funding service for our guests which required my ID to allow people to add money to the fund. After over a week of submitting with no emails about completion I decided to check the direct site myself only to find that the ID checking had failed. Why? Because they said my name did not match my ID..?? I had given them no other names and it definitely is my name on my ID so I sent an email to customer support to fix this issue. 2 days later and she asks me to send it again so I do. 5 days go by and still no word so I send another email asking what is going on. Been a week now and still absolutely nothing back. I check the site again and low and behold a new error has updated saying they don't support my ID type?? I used a California drivers license. How could you not be able to accept a drivers license. I would at least hope for an explanation or email of some kind but I have nothing. They've wasted my time and I'll have to start all over looking for another company to do this for me. Absolutely deplorable. Are they just ignoring me or do they only have one customer support person for all of The Knot?

talitab
3/12/19

Extremely disappointed with The Knot Pro services. When I was signing up they were sure fast and quick to help but when I needed to reach out, it took over 3 voicemails for them to tell me that they have no "record" of my calls. Of course. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICES! WASTE OF YOUR TIME & MONEY!!!!! Would never recommend this for anyone I know. Disappointed and unsatisfied.

sobrinol1
2/28/19

Is very expensive to be featured with them! They also have way too many vendors that the traffic is really not enough for all vendors. You might get some inquiries however, that doesn't mean that the leads had also messaged other vendors which at the end the minute the leads finds a cheaper vendor they will go for them. So the amount of actual clients booked does not bring business after you pay the yearly fee. At least not for the beauty section because beauty services does not bring thousands of dollars with one wedding. I think that as a beauty vendor is not worth it. The leads you get are not really of quality & they are also seeing your competitors. You be better off paying for SEO to drive more leads of quality looking at your website.

chelseah44
2/25/19

The Knot recently forced design changes to websites that have already been published. People's information is now missing, in the wrong place, duplicated, etc. The company has refused to correct this issue or provide updates despite over 100 customer complaints on a forum they created for people to discuss the problem. I think the forum was just for show--people who paid for their websites, sent invitations with website information, etc. are out of the money they spent now. I have warned my engaged friends to use another platform. Be warned. If you use The Knot to create a wedding website, they can and will change the design on you whenever they feel like it and you will be left looking like an idiot to your guests with a website that is cluttered or missing information. Save yourself the time of dealing with this company and AVOID The Knot.

jaspalpatwarig
1/25/19

Pro Diet Plus We investigated various things related to date, and isn't one thing is certain - Pro Diet Plus focus wanted has an in number association with higher relaxing body weight and ravenousness really. The key, which found after further examination, is to guarantee you are using unadulterated trademark think of Pro Diet Plus (60% HCA), which furthermore contains unites with potassium, chromium, calcium, extra focal points and maintenance. Due to the particular effect of smothering wanting and impedes the course of action of fat, which was the Pro Diet Plus is a champion among the most used fixings that have been accounted for and the headway ever - https://www.smore.com/sd1mr-pro-diet-plus-prodiet-plus-omg-ca
Also read 40% off our New Year Package on Max Keto Burn For Advanced Weight Loss Formula https://www.smore.com/0by9h-max-keto-burn-vs-keto-max-burn-xs

christinas306
1/19/19

I really hared it, took my wedding website down. Ugh the spam from vendors. I even had a dj who wouldnt leave me alone to the point of stalking. Also couldn't link my registrys and my guests couldn't RSVP or get on the email updates list.

azulp
10/31/18

We had a terrible experience with our wedding planner and our band. Both had 5-star ratings on The Knot. After reviewing them closer after the event. Many of the reviews used similar words and phrasing. I'm wondering if there's a service that pumps up reviews for pay.

gailg81
10/18/18

My son swore by the vendors listed on The Knot Website and the Photographer took off with his pictures and the money and The Knot would not help me contact them. The Knot had to know who advertised with them but would not contact them for me or let me know how to contact them. So sad. This was August 31, 2014 and it's still such a sore subject because my daughter in law is still so upset. If The Knot would like to help even at this late date I would be thrilled if they contact me about the scumbags that worked at Wedding Photo Connection in Fairfield, NJ The Knot recommended them. They also had a Rutherford, NJ office. If anyone knows anyone that worked there please contact me. We lost over $2,500. and wish we had the pictures... They used to go by the name Photo Video Network but pulled some scams & closed that business. gomez19@comcast.net

lanishar
10/6/18

DO NOT USE KNOT.COM SITE! Does not verify their vendors are legit!
DO NOT USE THIS SITE! We were ripped off by multiple vendors for our wedding by using their vendor referrals via the site. We asked the knot what they would do, they stated there was nothing they could do but, we could leave a review on their profile page to help other couples. My mouth dropped, Shaun Waite photography was referred in our couple's website dashboard but yet they haven't verified or vetted this vendor? Something is wrong with that, they basically referred the vendor then removed themself from the repercussions of it. It would have been nice if they would have stepped up to help. But NEVER AGAIN!

kristyk21
9/4/18

We went with Cirino Photography for our wedding photos and let me tell you we had the absolute best experience with them. They were extremely professional and we could definitely tell they knew what they were doing. They were both extremely energetic and fun which made the whole experience that must better. They released all 1,060 pictures that they took to us and their editing was impeccable!

Scott and Marybeth were out photographers and they were awesome! They traveled everywhere we wanted to go and knew exactly how to pose us. We received our photos a week later and they were absolutely gorgeous! We also received 3 canvas pictures, an album, free engagement photos and a photo booth with our package. HIGHLY RECOMMENED!

amyw312
7/26/18

I ordered napkins for our daughter's Wedding. I ordered these kind of last minute and was a little leary they wouldn't make it on time so I added $2 for a rush order just in case. They arrived a day earlier then we had planned and the color, their names and date are PERFECT!! Such a Happy customer right now!!! JOB WELL DONE!!!....THANK YOU!!

caitlyns13
7/19/18

If I could give more than 5 stars, I for sure would! I absolutely LOVE this site so much!!! It helps me keep track of everything I need to get done for my wedding, as well as helps me keep track of my budget. I love being able to have a wedding website as well so that my guests can keep track of my registry, accommodations, etc.

This site also allows our guests that we don't see very often see some information on us that helps them get to know us even better (our backstory, proposal, etc). I recommend anyone getting married to have a website through theknot.com and utilize its abilities, it takes away so much stress!

autryf
7/17/18

I advertised with the knot for a year under contract. I received NO paying business from my advertising and the communication I did receive from inquiries was a complete waste of time. Customer service did a near 180 degree turn as soon as I was under contract for a year. This was a complete waste of $900. I would NOT recommend spending your money to advertise with them.

sandral130
7/15/18

I advertise with the knot. It supposed to be the premier website for advertising wedding vendors. The site has many bugs and is hard to use for both vendors and couples. Don't waste your time or money. I am locked into a year contract even though I discovered how cumbersome the website was in the first week and told them I wanted to cancel.

shers4
6/5/18

I researched photographers on the knot. We chose one that was rated a 5 star all reviews I read were good. Its now 2 1/2 years since the wedding and we still have not received everything we paid for. I went to the knot and now there is one review after another stating the same thing. That she never answers calls, emails and texts. But yet she still has a 5 star rating on the knot.

ra75
5/18/18

Wedding is in a month, guests now have invitations, and TheKnot doesnt have their wedding date correctly written. Really? Guests search and say theknot doesnt work. After emails and a call to customer service, nothing has been done? We checked and rechecked our settings and its all correctly done. And the real joke-my daughter-in-law and I got the exact same email responsebut supposedly by a different person. I cant believe this! I will be pushing the competition from now on!

jenniferf196
5/16/18

For a company the size of The Knot they need to have more customer service help. There was a serious issue with our wedding date showing up wrong in their system despite what was on our profile. Guests were unable to find our website and RSVP by searching for our wedding. When you call customer service you have to leave a message and they'll respond "within 2 days." I sent an email and it took over 24 hours to receive a reply which was "our tech team is working on it."

stephanies279
4/14/18

Having seen other friends who got married using the knot for a website, I thought that was the 'go-to' place to have a one-stop place for people to RSVP to our wedding, events, and contribute to a registry without paper. WRONG! Sure, I can put together a website, but here are the major flaws that ANY Tech person in this modern day would be flabbergasted about:
1. Your guests can RSVP for your wedding but you can't email them through the website. So you need to export the whole list and find another way to communicate them. Annoying? YES!
2. You can create 'events' like the rehearsal dinner or other fun things to do but your guests can't RSVP unless you manually invite them. And by manually invite, I mean you need to click an icon for every single person and every single event. So we have 5 smaller events, and this means I would need to spend my time clicking 500 (100 guests) icons just to INVITE them. They don't have a bulk invite list. And even with the "open RSVP" option, it still requires an individual invitation.
3. Sure you can link your registry. Sounds great right? But it doesn't connect the registry to your list of guests. So you have to again MANUALLY input each gift to each guest.

The final review: most brides and grooms who are busy planning don't have the time to mess around with these ridiculous extra details that are frankly, common sense. Use ANY other wedding website than theknot.

kristinas76
4/11/18

I signed up for The Knot when I first got engaged and later decided to go with other platforms when designing my website, registry, etc. The Knot makes it very hard for guests to find the correct wedding website, as they are the first thing that comes up on a Google search (likely through paid advertisement). I developed a beautiful website on Minted.com's platofmr that matched my wedding invitations, but guests were led to an unfinished website at theknot.com when they searched for us. Even after I deleted my wedding website with The Knot, guests were led to a registry with them that was incomplete (as I went with a different website). Would not recommend signing up for wedding website, registry, etc until you are sure they are the final destination for your guests' online search.

cynthian26
3/29/18

My daughters wedding on 3/25/2018 was beautiful. Her ceremony was held outside, and the reception was held in one of the ballrooms. When she booked the wedding it was with Allison who awesome, she worked within my daughters budget, which made her dream wedding come true. She was personable, any information my daughter needed was sent swiftly. She was a people person, then she quit a few months before my daughters wedding. Ashley was the replacement, so opposite from Allison. When we met up with her to finalize how we were going to plan the ballroom and the outside ceremony, we could feel the immense tension radiating from Ashley. Any questions you could tell was grating on her nerves, if she could roll her eyes she would. And she even confided to us she cant stand girls. Very awkward..... Two days before the wedding when my daughter gave her the final count, it turned into a nightmare with Ashley trying to get another 800.00 out of my daughter. My daughter had to talk to Ashleys supervisor in order to straighten it out, but by then my daughter was so upset. On the day of the wedding my daughter was running behind and Ashley kept pushing and pushing being totally negative. A bride doesn't need that. This women does not do well with women. She should be a golf tournament planner instead of weddings. The venue is awesome, the food is delicious , if we didn't have to deal with Ashley it would have been so much better experience for us. The men at the valet area, were awesome, patient with us while we were bringing In decorations for the wedding. Helping by bringing us carts so we could roll towards the outside ceremony. During the reception Shirley was so helpful she was sweet, her attitude was great and really made our reception run smoothly and fun. Im writing this review not to stop anyone from having their dream wedding here, but just be aware if you get the wrong employee who handles weddings it can tarnish the experience. Mother of the Bride

colinr35
2/13/18

do not post reviews on this website. they will change your negative review to positive. such a disappointment....!

rolandow3
2/12/18

Dont plan a wedding without looking at the Knot website! I heard about the Knot back in 2001 when I was the best man for a friend and needed to research what my responsibilities were. Naturally when I got engaged in 2017 and needed to plan our wedding the Knot was the first place I turned to. I truly cannot say enough good things about the Knot website and services provided. They truly made planning far easier than trying to plan on our own. Using the Knot allowed us to have an amazingly unforgettable wedding!

1) Organized Truly one of the keys to having a successful & low stress weddings is ORGANIZATION! The Knot provides invaluable help with that. Once you open up and account on the Knot website you have access to a complete array of planning and vendor tools.

2) Checklist Brilliantly done! Based on the date you plan to have your wedding a tailorable checklist is created with common wedding planning items and when you should to start and complete the various tasks. You can add items not on the checklist or remove items you dont need in the checklist. As tasks are completed the site tracks what percentage of items are accomplished to give you a warm fuzzy about your planning progress. Also weekly email reminders were great to help keep us on track.

3) Couples Website The Knot also lets you create your own wedding website page where you can post your photos and information about the wedding. My wife and I had fun setting this up. We put the link in our invitations for people to access.

4) The Knot Venue Concierge One of the more time consuming things is scheduling vendor visits and tours. We went to 14 different wedding / reception venues in the Atlanta area and the Venue Concierge was invaluable. You actually get an actual person who schedules visits to wedding venues for you free of charge! Genius! Kelsey was our concierge and always kept us in the loop via email and text. She was fantastic! This saved us lots of time making phone calls.

5) Vendor Lists The Knot was a one-stop shop to find vendors in our area for everything from Cake Chefs to Limousine Service. The customer reviews for each vendor were also very helpful.

I would give the Knot website 6 stars if I could. No one should plan a wedding without them!

Tip for consumers: Use the concierge services. They're awesome and they're FREE!

ernestinec1
2/8/18

Two months ago, December 25th I got engaged.
About a month later I was diagnosed with breast cancer in both breasts at a major hospital in K.C. Kansas.
My head was spinning with this information because there was no history of breast cancer in my family.
I decided to go looking for my wedding gown to take my mind off of what I just thought I just heard.
I googled some shops and the only shop that was open at 10:00 was the Gown Gallery down town Kansas City, Missouri, so I decided to go there first.
The pictures of the gowns in the window was amazing! Perfect for my style, oh and on my 2nd visit to my Primary Care Physicians, my physician said she purchased a gown from them for a formal affair she attended.
After going up a flight of stairs I arrived at the desk and was greeted by Robin Sweet. She greeted me with an out stretched hand and a great big warm smile. She asked me what was my price range and what style was I looking for. I showed her some pictures on my phone. She explained where she would look to see if she could help me. She then sat me at one of there small tables and offered me a cup of tea while she searched for what I was wanted. She was so very professional and helpful.
Well, as it turned out they were the only shop I visited.
To my surprise she brought up a total of four gowns but # 4 made me feel like the bride I had never experienced in my first wedding some 48 years earlier. I was finally going to wear a formal gown!
I felt beautiful! No longer depressed about the diagnosis of possible cancer.
The seamstress, who also was so friendly, warm professional was amazing also. She fixed my hemline and made adjustments to my straps and agreed to replace a button that was missing by using all new buttons in the back. they are beautiful. Off she went to do her magic to make my dress fit perfectly.
I returned a few days later and told them that I was diagnosed with cancer in both breast. Both Robin and my seamstress consoled me. They were so kind and thoughtful and wished me the best but then they turned my attention to trying on my altered gown.
I was speechless! It was perfect!. I even tried on some shoes that were stunning but my budget would not allow it so I declined the shoes. As my sister and I headed out of the door, Robin stopped me and said "we can have your gown steamed in 30 minutes if you want to go across the street and get something to eat. When my fiance and I came back to pick up my gown, to my amazing surprise, Robin had gifted me the shoes! I was in tears!
Life had turned my attention from negative, foreboding thoughts to a great big happy smile full of hope and joy for my wedding day.

irenaa1
1/9/18

My husband & I decided to ring in the 2018 New Year at the Marina del Rey in the Bronx again this year. This was our 2nd year. Prior to this I had hosted NYE in my home for a whole lot of family for past 16 years!!!

Last year we had a table with close friends & family and it was great.
This year those friends & family members couldnt commit but my husband & I decided since we had such a wonderful time last year, we still wanted to go again this year!!!

Joe Orzo was hosting and he in fact is the one that booked our reservation. He set us up at a great table and everything was just amazing!! His hospitality, the food, the service, the staff, the music, the atmosphere-EVERYTHING!!!!

My husband & I joked when we planned this that this would be our date night since my husband & I are expecting our first child in April!
Joe truly made our night special! We didnt know not one other person of the hundreds that were there and he made it a point to come over & check on us several times throughout the night to make sure we were happy!

So, we want to give special thanks Joe for all you did to start our 2018 in a great way! Unfortunately, it is not often you get to meet people like Joe who is professional, respectable, and personable and so when we do we need to express our THANKS!

Happy New Year to Joe Orzo & the entire Marina Del Rey staff!
Hope to see you again next year!

keithh107
12/26/17

They have tons of vendors advertising in the same spot. I have been online advertising for nearly 20 years and theknot.com is the worst investment I ever made. Beware advertisers. It was nothing like before.

275 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

My honest opinion..... do not use theknot.com for your wedding. It crashes often and can be extremely frustrating. Believe me... I used it and was locked into using it because it was on all of my invitations. My best advice: use weddingwire.com . But, if you're not going to listen to my advice or are locked in and stuck as I was, go to your wedding website (not in preview mode) and click on guest list from the dashboard......well.... After 9 attempts, TK will not load properly so that I can step you through it (everything else on my computer works great). Sorry, that's all I have for you. I hate theknot.com!

By Brittany R.

Sorry, have no idea.

By Catherine G.

That's the problem with this site, there's nobody to really help you with issues. I wish u luck but I don't know....

By Barb W.

Questions? Get answers from the The Knot staff and other customers.

2 Photos for The Knot