Review of CookStore

Tel: 1-888-975-1595
contact@cookstore.ca

tv47
9/20/19

Ordered two items and after chasing for 18 days I tried to cancel. Magically, my order was in shipping and not able to cancel anymore. Magic. Sorry to the other customer that probably had their product re-directed to my order to prevent the cancellation. Or, it isn't really going to ship and I'll have to chase that. Back to Amazon. Tried to support a Canadian company, but this is not worth it.

montzr
9/13/19

First of all sitejabber needs to clear some of the fake reviews left here example 5 star ones left on same day without any info. This is clearly being done by the cook store staff!!!

I ordered a woll pan 2 weeks ago saying the item was in stock. They claim their warehouse is in Mississauga which for me is usually one day shipping within the GTA. I have been relentlessly asking them - they said within 9 business days. Which it has now surpassed. I keep asking for my tracking number and they keep saying within the week. Well the week is over. And still no pan and no tracking. This is not an actual store but using some drop ship or they stole my money.

kellyw287
9/11/19

I wanted to try out Cook Store since they had great selection and decent prices online. Buyer beware. I placed an order in June. At other retailers, if your product is not in stock or if there's a shipping delay, they communicate this to you. A few weeks went by and I heard nothing, which was not good. It's 2019!!! When placing orders online, I expect fast shipping AND at the very least, communication. I received neither..

Finally, after contacting them several times I was offered a different product to replace the original item that "still hadn't come in yet from the manufacturer". Ok great. I was just so happy to have finally gotten a reply/update from them! I expected the product to ship within 5-9 days.. so when WEEKS literally went by, I became very frustrated. I agreed to the replacement product. They then shipped me the complete wrong item, in a different colour altogether. Hilarious! So I contacted them. I had to return that wrong item before they'd go any further. It took days to receive the return shipping label from them. It was such a hassle due to their lack of communication. Another few weeks went by...

I followed up weekly with them and now it is September and only now they telling me the item may never be in stock (I finally just got a reply today). I just ended up getting a refund since my product didn't come in, even after 3 months.

Poor communication.
Empty promises. (I was also promised a bonus item for my troubles, but never saw a thing)

I strongly do not recommend this company and would advise Ontario and Canadian consumers to steer clear. It's no wonder Amazon and other big companies are taking over. They understand customer service and communication.

enk2
8/22/19

two weeks later and i am still waiting for my order. my account has already been debited (they did this pretty quickly!). Customer Services are full of nothing but lies! Ive been given 3 different shipping dates. Wont be ordering from them again. I'd rather pay more elsewhere and get my items in a timely and hassle-free manner.

tims538
8/22/19

My story will probably be taken down but. Purchased Baratza Encore Model 485 Conical Burr grinder
after finding out my Breville grinder's burr was not a replacement part and perhaps needed replacing.
Good review on Baratza so thought I would shop Amazon. Then thought maybe try and find a Canadian
supplier and ended up at Cooks. Great service on the order and delivery side BUT when I compared
performance between my old Breville and Encore I found the following. Barazata is noisy, takes
2-3 times longer to grind same 18 gms of beans, always a mess to clean up underneath the coffee grind cup
and if you change grind settings you will need to grind small amount of beans as throw away to flush
machine from previous grind setting. The Baratza does a better grind for the espresso crowd but I
am not a espresso guy. Pour over grind settings on both machines were very comparable.
Made two cups with Encore then knew it was not what I expected. Me bad.
Yes I should have read the return policy but how would you know if the Encore was for you before
trying it out? It seems like buying a car before a test drive. This would have gone back if purchased
from Amazon. If you want to be in the Amazon game return policies should be an important review
consideration. Lesson learned. Caveat emptor.

briann293
7/27/19

I bought a very heavy butcher block/kitchen cart this year. I live in a fairly rural area, and the item came in a very reasonable amount of time by a friendly delivery service that was able to drop it off where it would be protected by rain. They called before delivering as well. The product came with no damage, and was at a very good price (the best I could find online)

The site seems to carry high end specialty home chef and commercial kitchen products, and caters to Canadians, and I am happy to have found them!

suzannel120
7/27/19

Very fast shipping and article bought was exactly as shown and at a resonnable price, I recommand this site to everyone.

ricks683
7/26/19

Complete scam. Shipping estimates are down right lies, working with customer service certainly didnt resolve the issue. Stay away from these people and their horrible business practices.

lizav11
7/25/19

I bought a Lodge cast iron Dutch oven as a gift for my son, to encourage his interest in baking sourdough bread. Service was excellent, with frequent updates from the time my order was placed until it was delivered. I am happy to support a Canadian on-line business, and this was a great way for me (living in northern Ontario) to get a heavy, bulky item to a family member in Victoria, BC.

Tip for consumers: Shipping was by Canada Post. Not super-fast, but I got regular status updates about my parcel and delivery, so I was satisfied with how my order was processed and shipped.

chrish999
7/25/19

I had bought a few products on a sale recently and they were delivered very quickly and the prices was the best I could find. Products were as advertised also. Will use this company again.

michellem808
7/25/19

Given that I hate making the behemoth online supplier even richer at the expense of local companies, thought I'd try a Canadian company. I bought a brand of knives that I could not find in a local store - Victorinox - Blue 8" Fibrox Pro Straight Blade Chef Knife - (supporting local retail is always my first choice). Placed the order and It was confirmed, shipped and I had it a few days after I ordered it. Easy peasy!

monas72
7/25/19

I have ordered many times from this company! I find them to be very service oriented. The orders are processed quickly and received in a timely manner. I love this company and will continue to shop there at all cost.

lorir209
7/25/19

Ordered a pre- rinse tray for our dish pit - it is great quality and was delivered quickly and right to my door. Thanks for your efficiency with your online orders!

derekb138
7/25/19

I've placed, over the last year, 3 orders on Cookstore.

The good:
Everything that I ordered was received and was exactly as advertised on their website.
All orders received were in original boxes by manufacturers and well packaged, so that there was no damage in shipment

The very good:
I wanted to change the credit card number used for my order, and received a response back from the company within 24 hours.
I also noticed an item on one of my orders, that had not been delivered, had a price drop on their website. I contacted Cookstore and they honoured that price drop even though I had ordered it at a higher price.

The not so good:
On one order of the three, one item was backordered (a knife sharpener), even though the website said it was in-stock. The entire order was held up, but on contact with Cookstore they sent out all items immediately, and later shipped the knife sharpener when it came in-stock.

Delivery times are not amazon like (1-3 days), more like 7 to 10 days. Perhaps a trade-off you make in getting to choose from a wide variety of quality products at decent prices.

All in all, I'm a satisfied customer.

williamm1038
7/25/19

Had a very positive experience ordering a De Buyer fry skillet. Competitive pricing. Prompt delivery. No fuss.

treenad
7/25/19

Hi, I had to purchase a counter display case for my Cafe, after not much luck, I finally found Cooks Store and wow, amazing service by Ryan who answered all of my questions, offered my some advice and guidance. I was able to make the purchase of a much needed product with prompt delivery (2 days) and service to Kahnawake (South shore of Kahnawake) Definitely recommend this store and will be purchasing again in the near future. Thank you :)

birgitm3
7/25/19

Great Service! Blender came in a good amount of time and the whole process of purchasing it went smoothly.

peterm706
6/20/19

Dishonest staff and deceiving practices make this a company that you NEED to steer clear of! Lied to me regarding wait time and features of an espresso machine purchased at full price - then during the MONTHS of waiting, the price dropped by $500, i requested to cancel my order and reorder with the new price (because they wouldn't honor the sale price - even though i had waited 6 weeks at this point and contacted them multiple times) - they did not allow this and told me i would receive a 40% refund charge (for a $1,799 espresso machine). These people are absolutely criminal.

leannek14
5/26/19

I ordered a bread machine. I got a confirmation email, and they took the money from my account. The email said I would get a confirmation email when shipped. 2 weeks later I called to find out why it hadn't shipped. Ohhh. It's gone to the shipping dept today. I got confirmation email that afternoon, but it still took another 10 days to arrive. The product is good, but almost 4 weeks isn't worth the $20 I saved over buying on Amazon with 2 day shipping. Will never buy from them again.

unhappyc271
4/15/19

I placed the online order, heard nothing for 10 days so I called them and they said it had to be shipped in but would be received that week and I should get it early next week. A week later I called and they gave me the same blah blah blah. A week later I called to cancel the order, the lady said it was cancelled and I would get a confirmation that afternoon. 2 days later I received an email saying the product was shipped. I contacted them to say I want my refund as the order was cancelled. 2 weeks later, still no refund and the product was shipped to a different city. From my experience they will lie to you, not ship you product and scam you. Do yourself a favour and shop elsewhere.

marcor70
3/29/19

Description of the items was grossly misrepresented. Said it was a ten tray proofer lucky if you could even get 3 trays into the. proofer.

kelleyl69
2/4/19

I placed an order December 8th. Waited almost 3 weeks before I contacted them and they said they were waiting on some items. All the items said In stock in their website. They offered a$10 rebate but I had to contact them 2x to actually receive it. I received most of my order into the middle of January but was told they were still waiting for an item. I told them if they had it in another colour they could just send that one and they said ok. 2 weeks later i contacted them yet again and they said the item was cancelled due to a shipping error. Ummm I wasn't notified. Worst of all they said they had no other bench scrapers to send. I wonder how long it will take to get my refund this time. I will never order from them again and would never recommend anyone order from them, which is too bad because they do have decent prices

adamm289
11/30/18

This company is an absolute joke to deal with. They'll lie to you about shipping times during high volume seasons just to grease an extra sale. When i brought this up with their representative, they told me that they had quoted a different wait time....i had specifically clarified the wait time because i am travelling outside of the country. Very disappointed with the shady tactics this company uses to try to compete in the public market.

rosel124
6/28/18

I purchased a "vegetable cutter/slicer" on this website, thinking it was a FULL PRODUCT, rather than an attachment. I was completely misled by the product page which did not clearly represent that the product I was purchasing was only an attachment. The name of the product is stated as a "vegetable cutter/slicer" which I can only assume is a full product and not just an attachment. Simply the word "Attachment" at the end would have been transparent.

As someone that is not familiar with the product, the way it is advertised was completely misleading. When I search other companies that carry the same product such as Amazon or Williams Food Equipment, it specifically states in the name that it is an attachment. If other companies are doing this, why is cookstore not doing this? To deliberately mislead their customers? Laziness?

Not only that, the order took well over a month to get to us... We are also based in Canada... I've had faster shipments from halfway across the world. Then of course, to our surprise, it's not what we expected. So after I realized this, I called the company and spoke to some lady who gave me condescending attitude saying "Ma'am, you purchased the attachment not the full product so you did make the right purchase. Anyone that knows this brand understands that this is an attachment, not the full product". So anyone that knows this brand... are all your customers supposed to know this brand before making a purchase? Ridiculous.

They said they are happy to return the product and when I asked them to cover the shipping costs (since I didn't know what I was buying thanks to their misleading page), they said they couldn't do that because they "sent me what I ordered" - even though I had already told them that I wouldn't have purchased the product if the wording/photo on their product page hadn't been misleading. Then the lady said to send an email with the information and she will pass it on to her seniors. I sent an email - no response. The next time I spoke to the lady to ask why my email hasn't been answered, she said she never got the email but then said in the same breath that I won't get a refund.

Nevertheless, I returned the package and I included a short letter with a receipt for the shipping costs. Of course, the letter was ignored and no one contacted me regarding the topic. Not only that, the page is STILL the same as before, after I complained multiple times. Honestly - does anyone work here?

Long story short - I highly recommend not purchasing from this company. I imagine that you can find the same type of products in a different company with much better customer service, straight forward advertising and seamless communication.

brucea89
6/5/18

We purchased a Krampouz Domestic Crepe Maker from the Cookstore. The product is flawed in that the device holding the batter when filled will not hold enough to make the complete circle. When I called to say I was not satisfied, they will only take a return if it is not used. My advice is to never use this compamy unless you know a product and have tried it out. I will not go back.

I am one of those who hates supporting the world wide behemoth online store so randomly bought from this Canadian company. The item I bought was not available in any local retail stores which is still my preference for shopping.(Victorinox - Blue 8" Fibrox Pro Straight Blade Chef Knife) . I placed the order, had the confirmation email shortly, item shipped as expected and I had it in a few days. I'd use them again.

By Michelle M.

somewhere in the middle. not sure about "scam" persay.. but they certainly have trouble taking orders, shipping them and communicating with customers. I had a horrible experience with them (I'm based in Ontario). I would avoid them at all costs.

By Kelly W.
Questions? Get answers from the CookStore staff and other customers.

3 Photos for CookStore