CookStore

CookStore has a consumer rating of 3.18 stars from 401 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with CookStore most frequently mention perfect condition, free shipping and prompt delivery. CookStore ranks 1st among Cookware sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 51.1%

• The customer service team kept me informed about the status of my order, which was appreciated.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate CookStore?

“Cuisinart Dutch Oven”

Frank F.
1/30/20

The product arrived in good order and as scheduled. Very happy with the purchase price and product itself. I've used it several times since and there is no question as to it's quality & durability. It's heavy as an anchor and very well coated on the inside so for either stove top or oven it's perfect for baking artisan bread, pot roasts, stews and even Mac & Cheese and a whole lot more.

“DO NOT buy from cookstore!”

Wan T.
1/5/21

I ordered a frying pan from them and received confirmation of my purchase right away. A week and a half gone by and no update on when I will get my pan. I tried messaging them through email and website and no response. They also blocked me from seeing their website all together after I messaged them. Now I have no way to reach them. Please believe all the negative reviews on cookstore. They are a scam

customer service (51)
want7
January 5th, 2021

Products used:
Nothing. I never got my product

frankf432
January 30th, 2020

Tip for consumers:
View the product review on Test Kitchen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDfNwXXESiU). It is rated comparable to the most expensive Dutch Oven on the market.

Cuisinart Dutch Oven from CookStore

monicas372
September 15th, 2020

I Purchased the Staub - 0.81 QT Round Cast Iron Petite Cocotte Graphite Grey. It took some time to receive it because of the COVID-19 situation had caused significant delays. However, Cook Store kept in contact with email updates, they even offered a refund or substitution for another item. As I was not in a hurry for my pot I did not mind the wait. I am quite happy with my purchase, and am considering getting the next size up. Thank you Cook Store.

stefaniek21
September 25th, 2020

I ordered two items from their website that were described as "in stock".

Three months later, and after numerous excuses the items still haven't arrived yet.

They even created a label but the items were never handed over to the shipping company.

Cannot recommend!

gg167
August 14th, 2020

Excellent products and large selection of kitchen ware. Prompt customer service. Product arrived as promised. There is no mention on the web site about the delivery time. Expect longer than usual shipping and delivery time as compared with other web-stores. However, the Cookstore's price is also substantially better than other stores. All in all, a good experience and quality product for a very good price.

sadafm5
May 12th, 2020

Over all great experience with cook store. The only thing we don't have detail about "processing". I had to contact twice cook store but was fun because a representative answered within 24hours so that pay for the wait. Great experience. I will definitely recommande CookStore. Thank you. Oh yeh, the quality of the product are amazing, I will continue ordering kitchen stuff.

Tip for consumers:
QUALITY, this is what cook store has. Cheap price or higher does not matter with cook store. My dough cutter was 4.00 CAD. It is working great, quality product.

Products used:
Since I received my mortar and pestle, I can't stop using it. I bought the stone which my work easy and fast and the dough cutter for the price I paid believe the quality of the product is amazing. I know and I can those are going to last very long.

jpc14
May 25th, 2020

Do not buy from this company! Service is appalling. I passed an order over a month ago. Received almost no information about delivery dates. Today, after more than 30 days of waiting, I just received an email saying that my order was cancelled and that i would be refunded. I ordered over 2000 dollars and had many items ordered.
How can such a poor service company still be in business? Please do not order anything from this company without delivery dates.

elizabethk549
March 14th, 2020

Received an amazing product after reading about it on Cook website. Their information was well presented and accurate. The order process was user friendly and correspondence sent included everything needed. Delivery was exceptionally fast--delivered ahead of expected date. The product was well protected during shipping. Excellent service and would highly recommend ordering from this company.

davidm4906
February 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

Items listed as "in stock and ready to ship" are not. This company uses Chinese drop shipping, and will give you no ETA on your order. They were quick to take nearly $3000 for an appliance but slow to answer questions or give updates. In the end I had to go to my credit card company to have the charges reversed as they will not cancel an order. Even one that has not shipped.

Tip for consumers:
They list items as in stock and ready to ship. After requesting a shipping update I was told that the item was not in stock but was being drop shipped by the manufacturer. No update on shipping date, time or ETA of arrival. Company was unwilling to issue a refund and cancel the order, even though product had not shipped. Payment had to be reversed through CC.

49" Keg cooler

florencek32
June 25th, 2020

It had been over 2 months and they have not shipped my order. It was listed as 'in stock" but after payment they informed me they no longer have this product. They refuse to refund me for my order still 2 months later. Absolutely trash customer service, there is no way to reach them by phone. I had to call my credit card company to try and get my refund. Please beware, this is a very terrible company. Based on many recent reviews, they scam customers regularly.

vanessap145
June 9th, 2020

Order was placed may 7th 2020. Advised of back order. June 6th received an email that i will be refunded. Responded within 15 min. I agreed. Tuesday may 9th. Told i will not be getting a refund.

No one picks up the phone. Email replies take days. Promises unfilled. Misleading information
Will never purchase from here again!

Nothing but a headache!

janw266
April 23rd, 2020

This was our first time ordering from your company and I have to say once things were shipped they arrived pretty quickly. My only issue (and it's a small one) is there was a hold up with regards to one item not being available and no one notified me until I asked whether or not my order had been shipped. Perhaps a quick email letting the customer know an item is on back order or delayed would be beneficial. Otherwise great service and delivery. Will order again. Stay safe and healthy.

aarona531
December 6th, 2020

Took over 3 months to ship, I even received an automatic email saying I need to contact in order to set up a refund after waiting 1 month. When I contacted them they denied being able to do anything, and just stopped responding to me.

Because the delivery was time sensitive (birthday) I bought a second one of the item from cookery-store.ca and they were extremely cordial and prompt with the delivery. Shop there instead!

jimc795
July 8th, 2020

Kitchen Aid processor 7 cup: best price, and best colour offering I could find. Shipping was a bit of a mix up but it was the mfr. And not Cook Store that held up shipping for about a week. Regardless, package came very quickly once shipped, and my wife is more than pleased, which means I am too. Thanks to Customer Service for keeping me updated during the shipping process. That in itself is rare these days. I'll order again from this firm, they deliver on price, selection, shipping, and customer service management.

jeanetteh91
July 17th, 2020

Ordered a product in April, which was indicated on the website as being in stock. Later received an email that the order can't be fulfilled due to Covid & supplier issues. Which is strange, as I had this same problem in Aug 2019 without the virus. Went on to cancel the order & have now waited almost a month, with lots of back & forth on getting my money back. Won't be ordering from them again, as they take your money before they have even fulfilled/ shipped the order.

deang95
April 27th, 2020

Great Product. Well it's Wolf, so can't go wrong there! However, Fantastic Service at the Cook Store!... This company is very easy to deal with, and have a really great selection of equipment for the novice cook, right through to full restaurant grade equipment. Very impressed... I will be back and will certainly tell my friends, and fellow chefs!

angelal688
January 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

Order arrived a bit late but made it just in time for the holiday gift. Unfortunately the package was not handled properly in shipping and was not packaging was not well done. The surprise for the gift receiver was the fact the ceramic was broken. I emailed next day with pictures and details but they keep making excuses the pictures cannot be seen. Last email was 2 weeks ago and no response. Not sure what is going. Am I being scammed?

Tip for consumers:
That dealing with customer service is horrible

Backing products

deannab153
July 18th, 2020

I ordered from them, weeks have gone by and nothing had been shipped. When I contact them I get a mix of either the items are out of stock but coming soon, or they have been discontinued and encouraging me to buy other items. I keep saying no, to just refund me and they don't. I'm now in contact with Fraud department with my credit card to get my money back as they charged me but never sent any merchandise.

markm1887
January 28th, 2020

Service was outstanding. I'm not sure what happened but the item I originally ordered could not be fulfilled in a reasonable amount of time. When I inquired on the status, they did their best to ensure I was satisfied by offering a comparable knife sharpener but they paid the price difference. Replacement item was shipped and received quickly. I appreciate the effort to turn a potentially bad situation into a good one. I'm very happy! Thank you.

loria200
May 13th, 2020

I placed an order in March and still to date have not received my product. When contacting their customer service, they just give the same robotic response that they are waiting for my products to arrive and once they do, they will ship it to me as soon as possible... it's a joke. I have now asked for a refund. Lets see how long this takes... do yourself a favor and go somewhere else.

judym835
August 14th, 2020

Once the order was placed, I quickly received an email confirmation of purchase. Then an email saying it was shipped and an estimated date of arrival. It arrived at my doorstep the day it was estimated. The packaging was very thorough, and protective of my fragile clay bread baker. It arrived perfectly! AND it was on sale! Here's to many beautiful loaves of bread! Thank you!

karlp117
July 17th, 2020

Great experience with my order. The site worked as expected, items in/out of stock were clearly identified. Straightforward checkout and confirmation email. Nice follow up email a few days later to clarify shipping expectations with Covid. Further email to confirm shipment and expected delivery timing, which was spot on. Ooni arrived in perfect condition, and was put to use immediately. Great job!

tonyi119
August 7th, 2020

Ordered kitchen aid mixer on May 02 - it is now August 07- no delivery just vague excuses - I have cancelled the order through my credit card company (first time ever I have had to do this)

Awful experience - do not use - this screams a company on the edge of going under - run away - do not buy you will throw your money away - go to the Bay or any high st place but not here

robertm3276
September 1st, 2020

Well it was not a run of the mill purchase. During Covid lockdown when nothing was moving you were out of stock of the Braun whisk I wanted. You kept me informed and provided me with the option of cancelling with a full refund. Once you received delivery you got my order to my remote town pretty damned quickly. I was impressed. I feel that you are honourable and thoughtful.

sharonw881
November 18th, 2020

I ordered several items from Cookstore.ca. The website is clear, straightforward and they have a wonderful selection of quality items. I received items as quickly as possible but we are in a pandemic and some items, unfortunately, are delayed. They kept me informed and are very responsive. I've seen some complaints here and I'd like to remind everyone... let's take a deep breath and look at the big picture. We are discussing cookware... not life and death.

It is a scam. STAY FAR AWAY from this dishonest website