CookStore

CookStore has a consumer rating of 3.21 stars from 475 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with CookStore most frequently mention perfect condition, free shipping and prompt delivery. CookStore ranks 1st among Cookware sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 55.7%

• The customer service team kept me informed about the status of my order, which was appreciated.

No critical highlights yet

How would you rate CookStore?

“Cuisinart Dutch Oven”

Frank F.
1/30/20

The product arrived in good order and as scheduled. Very happy with the purchase price and product itself. I've used it several times since and there is no question as to it's quality & durability. It's heavy as an anchor and very well coated on the inside so for either stove top or oven it's perfect for baking artisan bread, pot roasts, stews and even Mac & Cheese and a whole lot more.

“Bad service. Bad shipping. Fast billing...”

JF A.
3/31/21

Hi, I can't express how bad this site service is. I made an order months ago, my credit card has been charged right away and I'm still waiting for my goods. Contacted the "helpdesk" many times. Every time, I've been told to wait 2-4 weeks. It's 12 weeks now. They refuse to refund pretending that the order is sent to "shipping". It's so bad. Please, do yourself a favor and don't buy from this store.

customer service (51)
frankf432
January 30th, 2020

Tip for consumers:
View the product review on Test Kitchen (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDfNwXXESiU). It is rated comparable to the most expensive Dutch Oven on the market.

Cuisinart Dutch Oven from CookStore

monicas372
September 15th, 2020

I Purchased the Staub - 0.81 QT Round Cast Iron Petite Cocotte Graphite Grey. It took some time to receive it because of the COVID-19 situation had caused significant delays. However, Cook Store kept in contact with email updates, they even offered a refund or substitution for another item. As I was not in a hurry for my pot I did not mind the wait. I am quite happy with my purchase, and am considering getting the next size up. Thank you Cook Store.

jfa1
March 31st, 2021

Hi,

It's so bad. Please, do yourself a favor and don't buy from this store.

Go somewhere else.

Espresso machine and grinder

davidk2221
March 26th, 2021
Verified purchase

Reasonably quick delivery of a Mason & Cole set of salt and pepper mills with the items arriving exactly as described and in perfect shape. I also received a very quick response to an inquiry I sent to customer service while my order was being processed. I originally purchased them as a wedding present but when I found out someone else had purchased it and not notified the registry, I couldn't resist keeping them for myself because the price was so significantly lower than the majority of other retailers.

Mason & Cole salt and pepper mills

want7
January 5th, 2021

I ordered a frying pan from them and received confirmation of my purchase right away. A week and a half gone by and no update on when I will get my pan. I tried messaging them through email and website and no response. They also blocked me from seeing their website all together after I messaged them. Now I have no way to reach them. Please believe all the negative reviews on cookstore. They are a scam

Products used:
Nothing. I never got my product

sadafm5
May 12th, 2020

Over all great experience with cook store. The only thing we don't have detail about "processing". I had to contact twice cook store but was fun because a representative answered within 24hours so that pay for the wait. Great experience. I will definitely recommande CookStore. Thank you. Oh yeh, the quality of the product are amazing, I will continue ordering kitchen stuff.

Tip for consumers:
QUALITY, this is what cook store has. Cheap price or higher does not matter with cook store. My dough cutter was 4.00 CAD. It is working great, quality product.

Products used:
Since I received my mortar and pestle, I can't stop using it. I bought the stone which my work easy and fast and the dough cutter for the price I paid believe the quality of the product is amazing. I know and I can those are going to last very long.

christopherw1036
June 21st, 2021

I ordered a few items in February 2021 and despite being told they would ship in 2-4 weeks I still haven't received them in June. I had made another order in March with the same result. I had messaged once a month to follow up and was always told in 2-4 weeks they would be in stock. I don't know if they even carry any stock of items or just endlessly are awaiting stock from suppliers but despite the prices looking enticing it has turned out to be a complete waste of time.

Tip for consumers:
Don’t use it but somewhere that has them in stock where you will actually receive the items

Didn’t receive them

mariam2220
May 25th, 2021

I purchased a food/grain mill from the Cook Store & it's a piece of garbage. I reached out to customer service & they stated that since I had used it, they cannot return it. The problem is, it's nowhere up to par & is broken, doesn't work as described. I've never had this problem with other stores & rarely even do it at all unless the product is terrible, which this one is. I'm never purchasing anything from this awful company again. First & last experience.

Food/grain mill

stefaniek21
September 25th, 2020

I ordered two items from their website that were described as "in stock".

Three months later, and after numerous excuses the items still haven't arrived yet.

They even created a label but the items were never handed over to the shipping company.

Cannot recommend!

marshaa43
August 28th, 2020

Selection is good. Product does not ship within outlined shipping on the website. Impossible to get in touch with anyone in customer service. Email notifications are conflicting - delayed shipping, product out of stock, promising to email when product is shipped, and then order turns up with no notice. Pricing is not bad but not the least expensive and adding in he frustration of trying to get information, I would have rather paid more for better service.

elizabethk549
March 14th, 2020

Received an amazing product after reading about it on Cook website. Their information was well presented and accurate. The order process was user friendly and correspondence sent included everything needed. Delivery was exceptionally fast--delivered ahead of expected date. The product was well protected during shipping. Excellent service and would highly recommend ordering from this company.

sarak19
May 17th, 2021

The absolute worst. Waited two months for an order than never arrived. Their customer service is trash, they won't give you any updates and when you ask they respond with I don't know. Can't believe this is an actual business, runs like a kindergarten

Tip for consumers:
Don’t waste your time. Use amazon

Espresso machine

jpc14
May 25th, 2020

Do not buy from this company! Service is appalling. I passed an order over a month ago. Received almost no information about delivery dates. Today, after more than 30 days of waiting, I just received an email saying that my order was cancelled and that i would be refunded. I ordered over 2000 dollars and had many items ordered.
How can such a poor service company still be in business? Please do not order anything from this company without delivery dates.

giselad6
May 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

Dependable and fast service - much appreciated in these trying times! Items were well packaged and exactly as described. Will definitely order again!

Products used:
Kitchen torch, creme brulee dishes, garlic press, petit four liners.

davidm4906
February 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

Items listed as "in stock and ready to ship" are not. This company uses Chinese drop shipping, and will give you no ETA on your order. They were quick to take nearly $3000 for an appliance but slow to answer questions or give updates. In the end I had to go to my credit card company to have the charges reversed as they will not cancel an order. Even one that has not shipped.

Tip for consumers:
They list items as in stock and ready to ship. After requesting a shipping update I was told that the item was not in stock but was being drop shipped by the manufacturer. No update on shipping date, time or ETA of arrival. Company was unwilling to issue a refund and cancel the order, even though product had not shipped. Payment had to be reversed through CC.

49" Keg cooler

kathleenk801
April 5th, 2021
Verified purchase

I've shopped at Cookstore.ca many times over the past 5 years. Their selection of high quality cookware is among the best I've seen in Canada. While delivery sometimes takes a little while, they keep me posted and always come through -- and I've found it's worth the wait for excellent products, some which can't be found anywhere else. Recently, they went above and beyond: I had ordered a high-end item that unfortunately had a defect that was revealed on use; when I went to the manufacturer, their customer service was surprisingly and disappointingly inadequate. I contacted Cookstore.ca and explained the situation, and without any further questions they made it right. Kudos to Cookstore.ca for being a responsive -- and responsible -- retailer!

cathys570
May 20th, 2021
Verified purchase

My Kitchen Grips and Rosle Colander came today, I love them. They arrived on time, and well packaged. Both items are very nice quality. I have been very happy with my purchases from the Cook Store. I purchased my Kitchen Grips in a small. I have small hands and they fit perfect. I cook a lot and they add more control over hot items. I can fit my hand into my Instant Pot to remove hot items. The Cookstore had them on for a great price over Mothers Day. Watch for a sale they are awesome.

Tip for consumers:
The Cook Store has some great prices and quality products. Get on their email list if you shop for your kitchen alot like I do.

Products used:
Kitchen items, pots & pans etc.

janw266
April 23rd, 2020

This was our first time ordering from your company and I have to say once things were shipped they arrived pretty quickly. My only issue (and it's a small one) is there was a hold up with regards to one item not being available and no one notified me until I asked whether or not my order had been shipped. Perhaps a quick email letting the customer know an item is on back order or delayed would be beneficial. Otherwise great service and delivery. Will order again. Stay safe and healthy.

dmitriyl14
March 19th, 2021
Verified purchase

Overall good experience! Item was on backorder and whenever I asked for ETA, the response was timely and helpful. Once order shipped it was received very quickly and in one piece. Good packaging. Tracking was provided as well. [item shipped within Canada] Shipping was free due to order being over $99
Blender itself is amazing!

Tip for consumers:
They have a very convenient Help Desk under "My Account".
Use it to open a ticket and ask a question regarding your order. They respond within a day.

Products used:
Braun - MultiQuick 9 Active Blade Immersion Stainless Steel Hand Blender - MQ9037
All-Clad - 13.5" Stainless Steel Fork

ayak9
July 12th, 2021
Verified purchase

It's been now 2 months that I paid for a fridge, customer service said that it should be ship soon.
Still no news, don't try calling they won't speak to you to help you, only to take orders.
A real rip off, I'm really disappointed.

Tip for consumers:
Don’t buy from this site !!!!

michelen61
February 23rd, 2020

I took advantage of their free shipping during last Christmas (2019) and ordered a few items. A package arrived a few weeks later. To my horror, one item was missing from the package. There was no indication on the package (nor email notification) telling me that the missing item will be shipped later. So I sent them an email. They told me that the item was out of stock but a shipment has just arrived and will be sending me a delivery confirmation within a week. A week passed and no email confirmation. So I asked again and was told the same thing. So I kept waiting. It was probably the longest waiting time in my online shopping experiences. I couldn't help but wonder, will they actually send the item if I didn't keep pursuing. They charged my credit card right away when I placed the order, but didn't send the item till more than one month later. The three stars are given to the email/chat conversations I had with the staff. But I will give a negative three stars to the shipping arrangement. A missing item in my original packaged and a delayed in sending the last item. The whole experience gives me a chilly effect. Despite the great selections on their website, I feel very uncomfortable buying from them again. Trust is lost.

kevinm1980
May 19th, 2021

Love it. Finally know what a real coffee tastes like! Cookstore is where I get most of my kitchen things. Bought Allclad and my chef knives here too. Never any problems.

Products used:
Coffee maker, chef knives, All-clad pots

florencek32
June 25th, 2020

It had been over 2 months and they have not shipped my order. It was listed as 'in stock" but after payment they informed me they no longer have this product. They refuse to refund me for my order still 2 months later. Absolutely trash customer service, there is no way to reach them by phone. I had to call my credit card company to try and get my refund. Please beware, this is a very terrible company. Based on many recent reviews, they scam customers regularly.

vanessap145
June 9th, 2020

Order was placed may 7th 2020. Advised of back order. June 6th received an email that i will be refunded. Responded within 15 min. I agreed. Tuesday may 9th. Told i will not be getting a refund.

No one picks up the phone. Email replies take days. Promises unfilled. Misleading information
Will never purchase from here again!

Nothing but a headache!

aarona531
December 6th, 2020

Took over 3 months to ship, I even received an automatic email saying I need to contact in order to set up a refund after waiting 1 month. When I contacted them they denied being able to do anything, and just stopped responding to me.

Because the delivery was time sensitive (birthday) I bought a second one of the item from cookery-store.ca and they were extremely cordial and prompt with the delivery. Shop there instead!

It is a scam. STAY FAR AWAY from this dishonest website