Review of ConnectNetwork

Tel: 877-650-4249
support@offenderconnect.com

martys64
2/1/19

Just horrible operation CAN NEVER UNDERSTAND OPERATOR JUST HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

toshisheanac
1/29/19

I put money on the account so that my husband can call but the calls still wouldn't come through. Then we I requested a refund they told me 5-7 business days. When I didn't get it they told me 5-7 business day again. When I called back the next time same thing.. I always end up talking to the same man. Is this company even real?

kazzim
1/29/19

So, it took me weeks upon weeks to create an online account because the site was always down or just messed up. I was told to ask for an International account because I live in Europe, which I thought, fair enough, so I applied for one. That then got approved but trying to top up the account is an absolute farce!!!!!! I emailed for advice because if you have an international account, you can ONLY EMAIL customer service which in itself is suspect in my opinion. You cannot use a European based credit card to top up funds, which again in my opinion is suspect also. I purchase quite a few goods when I am online shopping from international countries WHO ACCEPT European credit cards, so why can't GTL accept them? I find it all a bit strange. All I want is to talk to my loved one who is incarcerated. That is all I want to do but I am getting nowhere with this sham of a company.

stephaniel229
1/8/19

I put 50.00 worth of stamps on my account on the 31st. Now it's saying I have zero credits. I didn't use 200 stamps that fast. I have 3 inmates who I'm close to. My kids dad, my best friend and my boyfriend. So i do write them.often. I know I had over 50 left when I sent my last message. Now I have zero. I don't want to put more money on the account for them.to just take it and not be able to use the services im paying for.

shellyl55
11/12/18

Quite simply put they RIPPED ME OFF! They have the rudest people working their customer service. I added 100 in funds to a trust fund account and 48 to a phone account. I called to ask how do I let the inmate know that the funds are there. The very rude person would not let me finish a thought and just kept repeating that I needed to add a pass code to use the phone. I just learned that there is another company that handles an inmate's phone and store funds. I will be using them from now on.

joannew98
10/16/18

I was instructed to set up separate acct for a different caller. Did so. Acct shows my name info etc. I a logged into acct. Ask for return of funds since never used and cannot be used. Told only owner of phone can request funds. Hours later fund mysteriously $0 as unclaimed ??? Called gave run around by rude people ( no surprise) . Wrote letter and told must call to resolve. Called and Drew who is a con artist kept me on phone almost one hour to dispute $6.23. UNREAL. ASKED A MILLION QUESTIONS STILL NEVER GAVE ME BACK MY MONEY. FILING CLAIM IN COURT AND NOW THEY CAN SPEND HUNDREDS TO STEAL $6.23. Government must start looking at these reviews. They are the only act in town and this MUST end or they will continue to take advantage of people needing to connect with their loved one and there is no other way other than these thieves.

jeffc379
10/14/18

Don't waste your time/money on this RIP OFF!!!!!!! The people that run this company are the ones who need to be in Jail.

dannyc114
8/10/18

Can start with cant created an account with the mobile app, called customer support and informed them it kept telling me my email wasn't well formed and I tried 3 different emails and still no luck. 2nd what a scam they have going why you guys get half of money put on book? And $7.95 service fee for adding money for calls you mofos on some serious stuff gtfoh! Straight RIP off and way to take advantage of people sorry excuse for a business imo.

kathym391
7/23/18

First I had to use this company because there was no other one to use. They stole my money I deposited the first time. Now because of no choice of mine I am trying to get a refund and they are giving me the run around. This company was bad from the get go. The costumer service is located outside the USA. Shows how cheap and dishonest this company is. STAY away

tanyal67
7/20/18

I used connect Network messaging service to message Colorado DOC inmates. I have family and a few friends that I world correspond with. I just purchased the biggest package of credits available so I could continue to correspond with them. I honestly don't even remember how much that was because if I'm available to look at ! Honestly I'm sure it was like $5 or something . But all of a sudden the messaging option was no longer available, and there was no sign of any credits on my account. I called the number for customer service and was told that the messaging option is no longer available through connect Network for the. Colorado DOC inmates and my credits are non-refundable. Like that! No warning! And no refunds. They couldn't even put your money on your account towards phone calls or something! Its not the money! Its the principal! This happened to everybody using the Colorado DOC Messaging service!

amym181
6/27/18

It's always something. I have grown quite accustomed to using this app to write my husband and some friends & family. But being a single mother with my husband in there I'm not interested in GIVING my money to a buisness that does not provide the services I purchase. They have awful customer service it must be a bunch of teenagers because their level of communication and accountability is next to none. I have tried to reach anyone with more than a half of a brain cell but that my friends is impossible. Thanks for stealing our money GTL. I'd rather use GTL if they were just accountable but I'd rather pay more for the jpay services than deal with the bozo club.

jamess1183
6/18/18

I received a call from my son that was in jail and this service interrupts wanting money. Fine I pay $25 and nothing! Never did I get connected. My son calls again a couple of hours later and they want me to again pay more money? I never got to talk to my son. I tried to go online to set up an account and i just finally gave up. The next day I again tried to go online to set up an account and was so frustrated I had to stop. I did finally get someone on the phone where I demanded my money back which I was told they would do but it would take 30 days. If not I will be going to see my attorney general about this!

aalanniew
6/14/18

ConnectNetwork are scammers!! A couple of times I added $50 to my phone. Received 1-2 phone calls and then the next time me and my love one talk could be a month or 2 they say i dont have any money on the account. Recently, I made a transaction actually made 7 transactions 7 different ways on their site it said it declined but I later found out it held the money on my cc and debit card! When I called them after the 6 transaction they said they were updating their site (which is no where on their site) and it wouldnt work until tomorrow. Talk to the manager he got on the phone making excuses about my cards having frud protection (which i dont know a major debit or credit card company that doesnt) and its stopping the card from going through. However it did go through and i had $120 hold on my card. Made the seventh transaction over the phone because the website was updating another $30 hold. Totally $150. With 0 dollars on the phone account! Told the manager to have his supervisor call me. Im told that it will take 24hrs. We will see if they even call.

jessicas512
6/8/18

I put 86.00 on my fiances commissary at the prison and the machine at the prison ate the money it never went on his account don't know where it is and been getting told different dates when they're going to put the money on and everything else. GTL has been telling me different dates and providing false information too. I just want the money on his account since i put it in cash and the machine ate it if the company doesn't put the money on or send it out to me i will go hire up.

sandrat131
6/7/18

Always off line. Customer Service wait is long and your often disconnected. The state of michigan need to end the contract with this vendor. It just doesn't make since that we send money through this site and email through another. JPay was much better.

monicag61
5/1/18

I've been able to use this service for text messages,also sending photos from my cell phone gallery (My family member received the photos within a couple of hours.) There is a feature to request a phone call from them that works well. Phone calls from my inmate using GTL (which can be to anyone on the inmates approved list)
I have had problems with the Advance pay system to call only to my phone. The money is still on the account. We haven't figured out how to use that account yet. I've never put money for collect calls because it seems that they are more expensive than the other call methods. Also since I didn't know how to apply money in the beginning. I accidentally added money for games on the inspire tablet. For the most part it is a very useful communication site.

leons72
4/4/18

How do they stay in business? Whoever is responsible for this fiasco should be fired immediately, especially after reading the reviews. I have never come across a more incompetent outfit in all my life. How do they maintain their contract? Are all prison administrators idiots? I wish they had to deal with this, then maybe it would change.

monieo
3/30/18

Connect Network is pure TRASH! The website is faulty a.k.a. TRASH! The auto system is faulty a.k.a.TRASH! The customer service reps can't help you and are rude and a.k.a. TRASH! All the alleged "if you need help, contact us" numbers are faulty a.k.a.TRAAAAASH. I was trying to help my loved one and the process has been more difficult than it should be and unsuccessful and no one seems to have answers or solutions for anything.

dm513
9/11/17

My funds "expired" in my account without warning or notification of any kind. And they charged me fees for "expiring" my funds. And where did the funds go after they were expired? Well, they didn't come back to me, that's for damn sure. Then when I called to find out what had happened, they said they would return the funds to the account minus the fees.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from these crooks if you can.

am7674
9/16/16

Deposited money for a phone connection. Connection never made. ConnectNetwork claims another "affiliate" got the money so you have to talk to them--and they give you automated service numbers which mean you cannot speak to an actual person (and they give you different numbers). You call ConnectNetwork four times telling them you will keep calling until someone gives you an actual customer service number. You get that number, but the person at that "affiliate" says there is no account opened under that number. EXCEPT, they took your money! Oh, okay, let us contact our IT people. It isn't the $15 crummy dollars, although for some people that is a lot of money to be robbed of. It is the fact that these outfits (and the prisons themselves) charge inmates ridiculous phone charges, if, of course, they can actually try to make the call! Shameful really.

cynthiak22
8/18/16

This is a website that sells such things as prepaid phone calls to friends and family of prison inmates, which is why I was using it. This is the company that Colorado Department of Corrections forces you to use for this purpose. There is no choice. This is it or nothing. You can either pay that money into the inmate's account, or do what I did, which was to have my own account with the money in it that was supposed to be available for the inmate to make prepaid collect calls to me only. Connectnetwork.com literally stole my money. If you use a debit or credit card, they force you to prepay a much higher amount than I wanted to pay, and each time you pay by debit or credit card they charge you $7.95 fee to take that money from you. It might be even higher now because that was last year and earlier this year. So as not to have to pay that big fee to use a card, you can send them a cheque for the prepayment of the collect phone calls, which is what I did. They have terrible customer service, absolutely abysmal, people who don't pay any attention to what you say, argue with you, seem distracted by something, don't resolve any issues you have, they are just terrible. They refused to ever tell me the prices of the phone calls, telling me to press a certain number on the telephone handset when the inmate rang me to see what the charges would be. I had to look on the Colorado Department of Corrections website to find out that the phone calls were 12 cents a minute, but there was no mention of any tax on top of that. There also was no mention of any tax when I pressed that number on the telephone handset when the inmate rang me. All it said was something vague about there might be some tax. In October 2015 I had initially sent this company a cheque for $9.60 for four phone calls, which was $2.40 apiece because twenty minutes is the maximum allowed per phone call. They cut you off abruptly after that after a 60 second and then a 30 second warning. However, I found out later when I checked my account on the connectnetwork website that they had charged me 55 cents extra per phone call for tax. I was disgusted when I found this out. I didn't really want to send these crooks any more money after that, but I also didn't want them to be able to keep the rest of the money that they weren't allowing to be used for a shorter phone call, so in January 2016 I sent them a further $11.05, which should have given him a total of seven phone calls altogether including the 55 cents tax each time. There was nothing whatsoever on their website at these times indicating there was any time limit or any other reason why the money that I'd paid them would become unavailable. My friend, the inmate, kept wanting to save the collect phone calls for when he was so short on funds that he couldn't ring me, and when he finally attempted to make the final phone call that I had paid good money for, he couldn't do it, it said there wasn't any money in my account. Then I got a recorded phone message from connectnetwork following his attempt that day saying something to that effect. When I looked at my account on the connectnetwork website, it had a zero balance, and they had stolen the remaining $2.95 from me. I have emailed them through their website contact form three times since this happened asking for them to put that money back into my account, and I have received automated emails each time saying they'll contact me, but of course nobody ever has done that. When I rang them up to try to to get them to put that money back into my account, the young sounding woman I spoke to was obviously not listening to me, seemed distracted by something else, wasn't intelligent - none of them have been - kept insisting I had to give my card information to her, even though I told her repeatedly that I had paid by cheque, not by card, and I got absolutely nowhere. As much as I wanted to help my friend pay for these phone calls, I would never do it again through these people. They are nothing short of thieves, and they are the ones who should be doing time in prison for theft and fraud.

irkedc
7/24/16

: Whole service is crappy,you cant create an email account.the system is always messed up everytime you try.you have to keep trying and hopefully get a hit.other than that youre screen will read error try back later but when is that since its been saying that since the start of this bull crap.please dump this in the trash where it belongs because thats what it is and bring jpay back.

sebastions
3/9/16

I guess thats how they rip us off since they operate in another country with a differnt definition of service. I hope they do not get their contracts renewed in our country.
Lets see are human prisoners in the sublevel of your caste system? J@.ka.s's.

janetc15
3/1/16

Website is cumbersome and complicated. Horrible customer service. Expensive to call and the price even rose the last two years. The fee they take off is stupid and makes me lose so much call time money. Also, if you don't use your balance within a certain amount of time, they expire it.. I didn't even know. I lost $60 worth of calls because of that. I'm so done with them.. I told my friend to call me once every week. It used to cost only around $1.17 per 30 minute call in 2014, now it's $3.88 a call. What average person could afford this crap? It's disgusting.

lornah14
1/13/16

After making a deposit, the person it was intended for did not have access but it showed as being available. 9 emails, 2 phone calls later, I was told I would just have it refunded to my cc. 46 days later. NOTHING HAS changed. The person I spoke to on my last call did not seem to understand what I was saying! I Thought this was a service for prisoners and the outside to communicate and keep bonds, I did not realize the service would be so lax and in professional! Someone may want to remind them that there is a SERVICE fee. We are not asking for them to do anything but their job!

It's a few months since you asked your question, but can you try resetting your password? Most websites have a place where it says 'forgot your password?' and you can click on that and they'll usually send you an email with a link to reset the password. However, given this company is one of the most horrible I've ever dealt with and that they seem to think they can do whatever they like and that they are above the law, good luck to you, and good luck ever seeing your money again.

By Cynthia K.

Questions? Get answers from the ConnectNetwork staff and other customers.

ConnectNetwork?