Review of Colour Pop

Santa Monica, CA 90401, US
colourpop@colourpop.com

alpanas2
10/11/19

Have not received the product till now and the order was placed on 05th September 2019. Is it yoirs a fake company?

saraim7
10/10/19

My review isn't based on products its solely based on they're shipping process. I ordered $30 worth of stuff a week ago thinking I would get some type of tracking number. I was wrong! I haven't gotten anything I emailed and asked the company what the process was. I was sent a generic email that looks automated based on the type of question a customer ask. I feel like they should change the process so the company doesn't lose future companies. It seems my like most of the reviews are repetitive and everyone is complaining about the same thing.

purrsk
10/4/19

This was my second order with this company. My order was to the tune of $100.00 and change. For me that is a small order but nonetheless it's a good size order. Everything was fine with exception to the 3 lippies.

The Lippie Stix OH Snap smelled strong of gross crayon and not a good crayon, it is disgusting. That said, we all know when a lipstick smells like crayon it means it's OLD. There's no getting around that.

The Lip Crayon Chubby Bunny Bundle, both lipsticks have this sweet disgusting "mildew" smell. So bad that I had to wipe it off my lips.

In email I was treated like I don't know what I'm talking about. Customer Service said, "these are new" (in two emails). Like hell they are! All three of these smell so bad no one would use these and I mean no one. Their CS lies, does not care, and is not there to help. It's clear and evident.

I own a business, and if I conducted business like this, I wouldn't have one. I will never shop with this company again and I hope that you who have had bad experiences will understand that in a sea of gorgeous products and solid business's (unlike this one) there is no need to continue on and be treated like this, simply turn around, walk away, and never look back.

The bottom line is, the culture of a company begins at the helm and so, I blame the owners.

P.S. Thanks to Credit card companies, I WILL get my money back.

livh6
9/28/19

If I could give a 0, I would. I purchased a "build your own palette" which consists of 24 eyeshadows of your choice. It took nearly three weeks to reach me which was a tad annoying but I got over it. I unpacked the eyeshadows and placed them into the palette and realised one was missing. I emailed the customer service email provided and someone got back to me and asked to send a photo of all the products I had received. I did so and the email I got back was actually laughable. She emailed back and said that she had given me a coupon of $1.88 when the eyeshadow alone was $4.50 LOL. That's not the worst part.. I was then asked to pay for postage AGAIN on the eyeshadow that they forgot to send. So pretty much I was paying them extra because they stuffed up my order. Absolutely ridiculous. I've emailed them twice and no one has responded. It's been 5 days! I will never, ever shop with them again and I will tell all my friends to do the same!

kiyac
9/28/19

I was waiting for the shipment for more than 30 days. I finally received it but when I read here that usually customers do not receive their items I will not use this service anymore.

celiah17
9/19/19

Their products are too crappy for the price and they don't offer order cancellation or refunds. As someone who has run a business order cancellations are so easy this company is trash.

alexisn37
9/18/19

Long story short, I recieved the same template email reply from like 3 different agents... had about a 15-email chain providing every photo I could including swatches of the defective eyeliners... company would not offer to replace COMPLETELY CRUMBLING eyeliner pots. They sold me old product is my guess.

I am only giving them 2 stars because of the eyeshadows that didnt come broken or have the pans falling out, the quality of those is good.
I saw terrible reviews for them online and thought "those people are probably just complaining because their ass wasnt kissed by a company for once" and thought it wouldnt happen to me.

Yeah. Dead wrong. They are the worst company I've ever dealt with for literally anything other than a nightmare of an apartment complex I lived in one time.

Telling my thousands of make up friends not to buy from them. This company's business model is a complete scam and they know it because their email template responses indicate that they get complaints such as mine aaaaall the time. They just don't give a $#*!. Lol

Can't support it.

My advice? I worked for paypal for 4 years. If you buy through this company buy through paypal only. PayPal supersedes ColourPop's no return policy. If you file a dispute with PayPal they will pull your funds out of the merchant's account and give them back to you if you ship the products back.

hallucinoj
9/13/19

My eyeshadows look nothing like what they looked like on their site and they never do refunds or exchanges either. I was robbed. Very very unhappy. Never again.

valeriee34
9/11/19

Super cutre shades and affordable price but company does not stand behind it's products. I ordered a white opaque liner and the cap would not stay on, so the product dried out and rendered it useless. Used 2-3 x max and company will not refund or send me a new one. Not good customer service.

springb5
9/9/19

I placed a few orders no issues. I didn't get a package and had to wait 9 days after i was suppose to receive it. They now want me to file the claim with usps and not offering any help. I am filing a claim with my credit card and will never use their website. Going to ultra for anything i want. Seriously beware when ordering ftom them.

sallyw118
8/20/19

Purchased it through the international website, no package received, no refund received.
Contacted the customer service through email, and she just said sorry that's the company policy thank you for your understanding blabla bla. we will issue replacement products and voucher for any discontinued items.
i mean after such a bad experience, who would expect to believe that.

matapurotuu
8/20/19

Honestly I've never heard of colour pop before till today and honestly I love love love the colours that I seen.. and the products awesome.. I would love to try this..

aviancer
8/7/19

Colourpop takes weeks to ship out their orders and do not allow for cancellation even if your items haven't been shipped. They advertise 3-5 business days to ship but I've never gotten my order shipped out in that time frame. They been around for at least 4-5 years so they've had time to establish a better system and better policies yet they haven't. My advice is to go straight to ulta, nice same cheap prices and they sell colourpop in the store as well if that's what your specifically interested in. Do not order from them if you expect to receive your package in 2-3 weeks.

Tip for consumers: Go straight to ulta they carry colourpop products & if you don’t see the product you want you are sure to find a dupe or even something you’d prefer even more.

danielet7
7/22/19

Honestly the products aren't bad. But I spent over $100 and shipping said up to 10 business days. I've now placed this order over 2 weeks ago, with little tracking information, and still no products. This isn't the first time I've had this issue with ordering through colourpop.

candyl35
7/19/19

I placed an order on July 8th, it did't ship until the 16th and now the tracking says it is STILL "pending acceptance" in California. Absolutely ridiculous. I didn't even get the free shipping, I had a small order and paid the standard $5 for shipping. When I emailed customer service to ask when my order would actually ship I got this bs generic response of "we're processing your order as fast as possible" blah blah blah.

I love their lipsticks but this will be the last order I ever place with this company.

sarinaz
7/15/19

I learned about Colourpop from my friend, as they carry good quality products at fair pricing. We are both in Canada. She's bought from Colourpop numerous times. Then I made my first purchase, but the package was lost after it came to Canada. Colourpop was very fast at responding to my e-mails reporting the situation. The customer service always gets back to my e-mail within 24 hour. Eventually I opened a case for lost package with my local delivery (done online, very easy), and Colourpop shipped replacement right away and I received my order. The Colourpop rep lead me through this whole process over 4 days of simple e-mailing. I don't know why there are so many reviews complaining about Colourpop service. Both my friend and I are happy customers.

yannib
7/14/19

They took over 7 days to even process the order but took money out my account. They also had a whole different card last 4 digits when I was checking the status of my order. I had to screenshot my account bc I needed proof. I emailed they they just told me be patient.

jessya19
6/30/19

I would really like to give color pop a five star review as their products are great, however, their customer service is absolutely atrocious. After being offered a 15% off coupon code, at checkout, there was nowhere to apply the code. My order was accidentally processed without my consent, and even though their confirmation email gives a customer service email to reach out to, it's an undeliverable address.

Only after trying to reach out to the company on multiple platforms to try to have my order reversed, as I was not planning on paying full price after being offered the discount, I found hidden on their website their "no refunds, no returns" policy.

Any company operating in this day and age should not be so difficult to get ahold of, and should be willing to work with its customers on any and all purchases made through their company.

Colour Pop, I strongly urge you to reconsider, as I've stated before, your products are great and have resonable prices. However, you are definitely not worth the money if there is no customer support to back you up.

guol4
6/20/19

They absolutely think they can just do this to people and they will still get business but there are other great make up options out there that will treat their former customers well and colourpop will lose their edge. They obviously take for granted that people will put up with their horrific service

robinb333
6/13/19

I looked over the pictures online and the colors are so hard to see anyways I bought a darker color and emailed them for a exchanged but the policy I just notice says no refunds or returns. I have a lot of there products no problems but I think they should have a exchanged policy and have the customer pay for the return. I won't buy from them again.

nattyn
5/31/19

I places an order over a week ago and it still has not come in. I am leaving the country on Monday so I reached out to ask what was going on. They said they were processing. It's been over 7 days and still processing? So I asked to cancel the order and they said they couldnt. I asked yo change the delivery address and same thing. I emailed them and of course no one can help you.

lisap538
5/30/19

I have ordered from Colourpop countless times, and so have a lot of my friends. I have never had any complaints, shipping was fast and timely. The tracking also worked very well. Keep in mind I live in California (where Colourpop ships from) so that may be the reason for the quick and seamless delivery.

sp165
5/30/19

I was denied the use of a VALID 20% off coupon. I would've just returned the items after I contacted them in reference to not being able to use the coupon at checkout, to only be told that there was a NO RETURN policy. How can you stand behind your brand if you don't honor what you advertise? DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME! THEY WON'T BE AROUND LONG

loisj26
5/24/19

They refuse to give you a shipping date, they refuse to give a tracking number .When you say you did not ship cancel.l Their response is NO YOU CAN NOT CANCEL AND NO REFUNDS buried in their FACTS , Avoid them at all cost Please

lesleew2
5/15/19

The eyeshadows are so beautiful and easy to blend. I own three pallets and each one of them had delivered the same great results. There really is no reason to stray. The price is amazing for the quality. I absolutely recommend them to anyone.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Is there not something that can be done about this con artist company?

By Pam M.

ColourPop sells foundation, concealer, powder, primer, setting spray, highlighter, bronzer, blush, lipstick, lip gloss, lip pencils, liquid and powder eyeshadow, eye brow filler, and eyeliner. They have a huge range of eyeshadow colors and you can customize your own palletes.

By Bailey L.

The website features some looks that people have created and you can even shop the looks directly from those pictures. It is very easy to create fun, bold looks with the colors that they have to offer.

By Bailey L.

I would suggest you go on all there social medias and lambast them. Their policy is so ridiculous!

By Beatrice S.

U can't. Normally their promos are free shipping anyway, you have to wait til after the promo, obviously.

By Laura R.

Questions? Get answers from the Colour Pop staff and other customers.

9 Photos for Colour Pop