Clearly

Clearly has a consumer rating of 4.73 stars from 4,148 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Clearly most frequently mention fast delivery, customer service and contact lenses. Clearly ranks 2nd among Contact Lenses sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 2 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 92.4%
3,107

• Bought some prescription sunglasses for driving and they are amazing!
  • Love my glasses and the contact lenses were as expected.

• Worst customer service stay away from this place for good!
How would you rate Clearly?

“Great just what i ordered”

Jasmin O.
3/23/21

Awesome glasses! Durable as ive dropped them a few times and they were fine. The frame bends pretty easily though like the arms and nose piece etc but dont seem like they will break just bendy. They get fingerprints super easy cuz of the large lens but for what you pay its worth it! I love them so much super chic and comfortable they were delivered super fast!

“Took extra money from my credit card”

Mishayla F.
8/23/20

I ordered my glasses and got them within 7 days. No complaints there, however the day I received my glasses, clearly took more money from my credit card. The exact same amount as I had paid a week prior. And customer service tells me it's a bank problem not their problem? I called looking for a simple refund and it's been made difficult. There was absolutely no reason to take additional funds when i had already received the glasses.

Reviews (4,148)

customer service (149) prescription sunglasses (15) contact lens (159) prescription glasses (17) delivery date (12)
jasmino6
March 23rd, 2021

nicolep562
November 2nd, 2020

This the place to go for stylish new specs in store or online. The digital retinal technology Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is cutting edge. Doctors are extremely knowledgeable and staff are very nice too! Excellent product choices and seamless shopping experience. Happy beyond expectation.

kevinn370
November 29th, 2020

After some initial problems with warranty, Clearly quickly rectified the problem and came through with the same excellent customer service that I have experienced from them throughout the years. I will remain a loyal customer and recommend to friends and family based on the customer service alone. The supervisor that contacted me was eager to help, and I could tell she genuinely wants the customers to be satisfied.

Thanks Clearly, this kind of service is exemplary!

paytonw10
Verified purchase

Bro for some reason they're making me write a review on CONTACTS but okay here it goes. I think they're great o can see again without my stupid glasses. Thanks for helping me not be blind? Idk what does one typically write in a review on contact lenses. They came a few days late actually that's not good but that's probably due to the global pandemic so I'm not that mad about it and I only had to wait like 2 extra days

angelac692
Angela C. – Clearly Rep

Thank you for the 5 star review Payton! We really appreciate your patience with us while we adjusted to new health and safety standards and service disruptions from our suppliers, due to the outbreak of COVID-19. If there's anything else we're able to help with, please feel free to reach out! - Team Clearly

sheenaw30
November 10th, 2020
Verified purchase

I needed a new pair of glasses and with my insurance not renewing until January there is no way I could afford to replace my glasses for a second time this past year so I figured I would try clearly.ca and I will going this route from now on. The process is easy to use and super affordable. I went with super cheap frames just to hold over for now but I actually love them! With small kids easily replaced glasses is a huge advantage.

Eleni B. – Clearly Rep

We're always looking for more ways to make glasses and vision affordable and accessible (especially key when there are small children in the mix!) and we're delighted to hear you love your new pair! - Team Clearly

trulyd
Verified purchase

I placed an order and then another one because it was super simple. I had my prescription before and never found something I liked in store. Searching by size was the way to go. The "Try and On" feature wasn't working accurately with my PD but then I was able to measure the new glasses against my own and that worked better to determine fit. I wish they had more plastic crystal/clear or see through with a tinge of blue/turquoise in some models. Would be nice if website would recommend (or email customers) similar models in size after ordering so customers could see if they want another pair.

barbarar1105
November 8th, 2020
Verified purchase

I had a new and stronger prescription, so I knew it would take a bit before my Progressives felt good. It took three weeks, but from the start I could tell these glasses were made perfectly, as my vision wasn't blurred. This time Cleary really restored my confidence in their glasses, as I love wearing these! I can see even small text writing!
It was worth paying more for thinner lenses and the anti-smudge coating as well. Thank you!

Eleni B. – Clearly Rep

That's fantastic to hear, Barbara! Thank you for the enthusiastic review - we're delighted to hear your new pair is working out so well! - Team Clearly

davidh5724
July 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

I really love my brand new pair of Clearly Dauphin eyeglasses. Not only do the frames fit perfectly on my nose (thus, saving me the hassle of always having to push them back up when my previous pairs of glasses slid down my nose), but the Anti Fog Lenses are a real benefit whenever I have to wear a mask (due to COVID-19).

In sum, purchasing this particular pair of glasses was well worth the investment on my end (and, a real bargain at only $80 as well).

kathyh628
September 15th, 2020
Verified purchase

Experience was good but I find that I'm going to have to return both pairs.
I find that the R/x is not agreeing with my eyes. And the glasses slip off my nose.
I've been getting chemotherapy since August and am slow on getting things done in between treatments. Hopefully I still have time.
I've always been very happy with my glasses ordered from you but I won't be able to reorder until sometime in the new year!

anonymouss1105
May 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

Order came in within the expedited shipping day range. Condition was new, nthing was missing from my order and they also threw in some free candy which was cute. Regarding the quality of the contacts, the vision quality was precise, but the comfort for this order was a bit poor. I've purchased this brand before so I literally had to check the expiration date on them to make sure they hadn't gone bad as they were very drying. Hopefully my next order will live up to the usual standard

Jane S. – Clearly Rep

We're sorry to hear about this experience! It sounds like these contact lenses may be defective (which would be covered under our manufacturers warranty policy), or they may not be prescribed for you by your eye care professional. Either way, we'd like to help further with this, and we'll reach out to you directly. Keep an eye on your email inbox. -Team Clearly

natasham274
August 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

I'm really happy that I purchased my contacts with Clearly, instead of through my Optometrist. Great selection and prices! I should have bought the contacts that I usually where, but decided to go with a different kind, since they were a better price. Turns out, the quality isn't as good, but that's not a reflection upon Clearly. I will DEFINITELY be ordering through Clearly again, and sticking with the usual brand. :)

mishaylaf
August 23rd, 2020

isabellad38
Isabella D. – Clearly Rep

Hi Mishayla, we're so sorry to hear about this experience! We'd love to take a closer look and make things right! Could you please respond to our private message with your order number or email address. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your patience! - Team Clearly

annc728
April 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

This is my first pair of glasses and I went into the store to try on a few pairs to see what style I liked. The person who was helping me was very charismatic and gave some helpful advice and was not pushy, which I really appreciated. They also sanitized every single pair of glasses after customers tried them on. The glasses also came sturdily packaged and a little earlier than the estimated shipment time and they've been holding up well. Overall a great experience.

sarahm1561
September 15th, 2020
Verified purchase

Clearly was amazing from beginning to end, they let me know my contacts would need only a few extra days to ship, so I asked them if I could pay for express shipping and they upgraded it for free and I got it in three days from BC to Newfoundland. Wonderful customer service. This was my first time using them and will definitely be using them for the remaining future. Great prices too, easy to use website.

Jane S. – Clearly Rep

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate you sharing your experience, and feedback! We're glad to hear your first experience with us was such a positive one, and we're looking forward to many more! We hope to 'see' you again soon. -Team Clearly

aliciay29
July 18th, 2021
Verified purchase

Clearly had transformed my experience as a glasses and contact lens wearer. I don't feel the pressure or insecurity of shopping at the over-priced optical stores. I feel confident with clearly that my purchase will always arrive fast, and if I have issues, I know Clearly will have my back and correct any fault on their part. Thanks Clearly!

all133
Verified purchase

It was great. The glasses fit perfectly. The instructions were a little overwhelming at first but it's because we knew nothing about ordering glasses. However with the help of the agents, all turned out excellent. Thank you. We are very satisfied. We had to return the first pair because we entered the numbers wrong. After some great coaching from the team at Clearly, the second pair was just perfect. We will order more soon.

nadirh10
September 9th, 2020
Verified purchase

I like the look & feel of my new glasses very much. Clearly did a fantastic job.

I originally had some challenges getting my prescription info in line - but Clearly support reps helped me resolve all my issues, very quickly. I did not have any issues with the delivery at all. Either. The glasses came in fine, the packaging looked great, and they feel great.

Clearly services are exactly as advertised. I would highly recommend Clearly to anyone looking to purchase glasses online.

Two thumbs up!

Jane S. – Clearly Rep

Hi Nadir, thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback, and we're so glad to hear you're pleased with your new glasses. We look forward to 'seeing' you again soon! -Team Clearly

shawnm623
June 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I'm a first time buyer of online contacts. I will never go back to an optometrist for contacts ever again. If you have a pair of contacts and need more ordered don't hesitate to get them through clearly.ca. Fast delivery. My contacts arrived 2 days after purchase! Accurate order. Same products you'll find in the shops. My employer health insurance company instantly approved clearly.ca and covered my cost in full. My wife, kids and I will be using clearly.ca going forward.

fabricioh
April 25th, 2020

Hello, I started buying glasses and contact lens on-line to Clearly Contacts (as it was named before) years ago in Canada. I am 100% satisfied with the quality, price, delivery time, return experience, and overall costumer service. I never used any other local optic, or online service because Clearly is the best for me and my family. My last order was on Nov 2019 and I am very happy with the two glasses purchased. Unfortunately people with positive experiences does not take time for sharing good reviews.

grahamk56
August 24th, 2021
Verified purchase

Contacts were extremely back ordered, like five months nearly, which is the suppliers fault. Clearly resolved the issue, and their staff was excellent.

My suggestion is to rework your stock tracking system or whatever CEM system you're using to not allow clients to order back ordered contacts. It's fine for a t-shirt, but I had to wear the same lenses for five months, which I don't think was advisable. It didn't need to happen, and was entirely preventable by live stock tracking.

joeb1860
June 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase

Accurate delivery date, quality frames and lenses. Although it took 2 weeks to get, they were delivered on the date that they said when purchased.
Glasses and lens are great quality. Frames are comfortable and light. They feel slightly on the cheap side, but only time will tell on durability. For the price and lens quality, it's awesome. It's my first pair of blue light glasses, and I hardly notice a difference in everyday use, but my eyes do feel more relaxed while on a device.

kylerb2
July 4th, 2020

Great glass at reasonable prices. Have ordered about 8 or so pairs from them over the years, never had a problem. They even gave my girlfriend a free pair of glasses when she asked to cancel due to realizing she was short on cash (student life). Also appreciate their donations to developing nations. Really fast shipping in Canada too.

Eleni B. – Clearly Rep

Thanks for the fantastic feedback, Kyler! We're so glad we've been able to help you with so many pairs over the years (and by extension, help so many in need with every purchase!) - Team Clearly

mattl375
July 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

Quick and easy shopping for contacts, and there's always a coupon code for discounts. I come back every year for a year's supply.
I had one problem this time. They offer a choice of shipping companies, specifically saying to choose Canada Post if you want it to get into an apartment building. I did that, but it was shipped through FedEx anyway, so I ended up with a delivery slip and having to go pick it up myself.

myronl23
January 30th, 2021
Verified purchase

Great quality and reasonable delivery given the times we are now in - postal workers all sick.
Very happy with the value received. And opportunity to virtually "try them on" before committing to a frame style.
Will definitely buy another pair once I have cataract surgery yielding a new prescription.
Happy I am dealing in Canadian $$$ with a Canadian company.

kierano11
September 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase

I ordered some new glasses after my previous ones got scratched. Since my prescription was already on file I quickly browsed for frames that matches the dimensions I wanted and used the virtual try on feature with my phone. I'd love more choices for longer arm frames, but I found ones I liked, clicked order, and they came through really quickly, even during quarantine times. The frames are great and look very trendy. Much more affordable than my local glasses store.

Jane S. – Clearly Rep

Hi Kieran, thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback, and we're glad to hear you're enjoying your new glasses! We hope to 'see' you again soon! -Team Clearly

Hi Dan - what you're seeing is the pre-authorization hold being taken and released so we can actually take the payment upon shipping out. On a regular credit card this is pretty invisible (a pending payment becomes an actual charge), but because the only way to apply a pre-authorized hold of funds on a credit-debit is to have the processor remove them from the bank balance and hold them between your account and Clearly's, it looks more like a charge, refund, charge. In either case, Clearly only receives the funds the one time once the order ships out!

By Eleni B.,

Oh no! We're truly sorry to hear about this and apologize for the late reply. If the prescription is correct, one more piece of information you want to verify is the PD (Pupillary Distance), as it is not always showing on the prescription. If it is not, and the PD is showing 63mm (or 31.5/31.5) on our receipt, this means the PD by default may have been entered when placing the order. This measurement is important as it allows us to cut and place the lenses in the frame in order for your eyes to focus right at the middle of the lens, to ensure comfortable and perfect vision. If the PD was incorrect, or if you're experiencing eye strain despite a correct PD, please contact our customer service team at 1-866-414-2326, or via chat or email through our website with your order information. We'd love the chance for them to trouble-shoot the issue and help with any adjustment if necessary. - SH

By Samuel H.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Clearly staff and other customers.

We have Canadian roots, Canadian hearts, and a true Canadian drive. Our story begins in Vancouver, in the year 2000. The first Canadian retailer to offer eyewear online, we’ve always been ahead of the curve and have since grown to become one of the biggest (and the best) providers of glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses in the world. Today, we help people from the west coast of BC to the east coast of Australia get the eyewear they need to hit important deadlines, watch the sun set on the horizon, and see all the amazing things waiting just around the corner.

Business History

A pioneer in online shopping, we launched our first site in 2000 selling contact lenses, but we always knew we wanted to do more. Within a few years, we began offering a curated selection of designer glasses and sunglasses as well — driven by a passion to bring prescription eyewear to people who often found it out of reach. And we didn't stop there.

We are relentless in our pursuit of the latest optical innovations, from contact lens technologies to breakthroughs in eyewear design. The ever-evolving nature of our product inspires us, and will always drive us to find you your perfect fit and help you see amazing. We believe in improving lives by improving sight, and with the launch of our Buy One, Give One mission, for every pair of glasses purchased, we're able to donate a pair to someone in need!

Eleni B.
Typically responds within 2 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clearly?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

4.7
Have a question about Clearly?