Clearly.ca

Clearly.ca has a consumer rating of 4.71 stars from 2,302 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Clearly.ca most frequently mention customer service, fast delivery and contact lenses. Clearly.ca ranks 2nd among Contact Lenses sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 3 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 92.7%
2,077

• Bought some prescription sunglasses for driving and they are amazing!
  • Service was great over the phone when I had an issue with contact lense order.

• Worst customer service stay away from this place for good!
How would you rate Clearly.ca?

“Great just what i ordered”

Jasmin O.
3/23/21

Awesome glasses! Durable as ive dropped them a few times and they were fine. The frame bends pretty easily though like the arms and nose piece etc but dont seem like they will break just bendy. They get fingerprints super easy cuz of the large lens but for what you pay its worth it! I love them so much super chic and comfortable they were delivered super fast!

“Took extra money from my credit card”

Mishayla F.
8/23/20

I ordered my glasses and got them within 7 days. No complaints there, however the day I received my glasses, clearly took more money from my credit card. The exact same amount as I had paid a week prior. And customer service tells me it's a bank problem not their problem? I called looking for a simple refund and it's been made difficult. There was absolutely no reason to take additional funds when i had already received the glasses.

Reviews (2,302)

customer service (48) prescription sunglasses (0) contact lens (0) prescription glasses (0)
jasmino6
March 23rd, 2021

anonymouss1105
May 29th, 2021
Verified purchase

Order came in within the expedited shipping day range. Condition was new, nthing was missing from my order and they also threw in some free candy which was cute. Regarding the quality of the contacts, the vision quality was precise, but the comfort for this order was a bit poor. I've purchased this brand before so I literally had to check the expiration date on them to make sure they hadn't gone bad as they were very drying. Hopefully my next order will live up to the usual standard

Jane S. – Clearly.ca Rep

We're sorry to hear about this experience! It sounds like these contact lenses may be defective (which would be covered under our manufacturers warranty policy), or they may not be prescribed for you by your eye care professional. Either way, we'd like to help further with this, and we'll reach out to you directly. Keep an eye on your email inbox. -Team Clearly

nicolep562
November 2nd, 2020

This the place to go for stylish new specs in store or online. The digital retinal technology Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) is cutting edge. Doctors are extremely knowledgeable and staff are very nice too! Excellent product choices and seamless shopping experience. Happy beyond expectation.

kevinn370
November 29th, 2020

After some initial problems with warranty, Clearly quickly rectified the problem and came through with the same excellent customer service that I have experienced from them throughout the years. I will remain a loyal customer and recommend to friends and family based on the customer service alone. The supervisor that contacted me was eager to help, and I could tell she genuinely wants the customers to be satisfied.

Thanks Clearly, this kind of service is exemplary!

paytonw10
Verified purchase

Bro for some reason they're making me write a review on CONTACTS but okay here it goes. I think they're great o can see again without my stupid glasses. Thanks for helping me not be blind? Idk what does one typically write in a review on contact lenses. They came a few days late actually that's not good but that's probably due to the global pandemic so I'm not that mad about it and I only had to wait like 2 extra days

Angela C. – Clearly.ca Rep

Thank you for the 5 star review Payton! We really appreciate your patience with us while we adjusted to new health and safety standards and service disruptions from our suppliers, due to the outbreak of COVID-19. If there's anything else we're able to help with, please feel free to reach out! - Team Clearly

sheenaw30
November 10th, 2020
Verified purchase

I needed a new pair of glasses and with my insurance not renewing until January there is no way I could afford to replace my glasses for a second time this past year so I figured I would try clearly.ca and I will going this route from now on. The process is easy to use and super affordable. I went with super cheap frames just to hold over for now but I actually love them! With small kids easily replaced glasses is a huge advantage.

Eleni B. – Clearly.ca Rep

We're always looking for more ways to make glasses and vision affordable and accessible (especially key when there are small children in the mix!) and we're delighted to hear you love your new pair! - Team Clearly

trulyd
Verified purchase

I placed an order and then another one because it was super simple. I had my prescription before and never found something I liked in store. Searching by size was the way to go. The "Try and On" feature wasn't working accurately with my PD but then I was able to measure the new glasses against my own and that worked better to determine fit. I wish they had more plastic crystal/clear or see through with a tinge of blue/turquoise in some models. Would be nice if website would recommend (or email customers) similar models in size after ordering so customers could see if they want another pair.

barbarar1105
November 8th, 2020
Verified purchase

I had a new and stronger prescription, so I knew it would take a bit before my Progressives felt good. It took three weeks, but from the start I could tell these glasses were made perfectly, as my vision wasn't blurred. This time Cleary really restored my confidence in their glasses, as I love wearing these! I can see even small text writing!
It was worth paying more for thinner lenses and the anti-smudge coating as well. Thank you!

Eleni B. – Clearly.ca Rep

That's fantastic to hear, Barbara! Thank you for the enthusiastic review - we're delighted to hear your new pair is working out so well! - Team Clearly

alexk458
August 25th, 2020
Verified purchase

Received my order of contacts earlier than expected, overall I am very satisfied with my experience. The fact that the free delivery is only after 99$ and contacts for 90 days are slightly cheaper than that mark is a little bit disappointing to me. I do understand that this is a way of having people order more items, but it is definitely frustrating. I will probably order again sometime later but there are definitely things related to delivery(that 99$ limit) that I would like to be different.

Hi Alex!
We really appreciate your review and feedback. We're happy to hear that your experience with us was a great one! That's what we aim for, and love to hear from our customers!
We can recommend checking www.clearly.ca/coupon-codes when placing an order to check for any 'free shipping' promotions, we'll have some great codes available that won't require a minimum amount spent that you can use towards your next order! If there's anything else we can help with, please feel free to reach out! -Team Clearly

kathyh628
September 15th, 2020
Verified purchase

Experience was good but I find that I'm going to have to return both pairs.
I find that the R/x is not agreeing with my eyes. And the glasses slip off my nose.
I've been getting chemotherapy since August and am slow on getting things done in between treatments. Hopefully I still have time.
I've always been very happy with my glasses ordered from you but I won't be able to reorder until sometime in the new year!

annc728
April 16th, 2021
Verified purchase

This is my first pair of glasses and I went into the store to try on a few pairs to see what style I liked. The person who was helping me was very charismatic and gave some helpful advice and was not pushy, which I really appreciated. They also sanitized every single pair of glasses after customers tried them on. The glasses also came sturdily packaged and a little earlier than the estimated shipment time and they've been holding up well. Overall a great experience.

mishaylaf
August 23rd, 2020

isabellad38
Isabella D. – Clearly.ca Rep

Hi Mishayla, we're so sorry to hear about this experience! We'd love to take a closer look and make things right! Could you please respond to our private message with your order number or email address. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your patience! - Team Clearly

sarahm1561
September 15th, 2020
Verified purchase

Clearly was amazing from beginning to end, they let me know my contacts would need only a few extra days to ship, so I asked them if I could pay for express shipping and they upgraded it for free and I got it in three days from BC to Newfoundland. Wonderful customer service. This was my first time using them and will definitely be using them for the remaining future. Great prices too, easy to use website.

Jane S. – Clearly.ca Rep

Hi Sarah, thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate you sharing your experience, and feedback! We're glad to hear your first experience with us was such a positive one, and we're looking forward to many more! We hope to 'see' you again soon. -Team Clearly

all133
Verified purchase

It was great. The glasses fit perfectly. The instructions were a little overwhelming at first but it's because we knew nothing about ordering glasses. However with the help of the agents, all turned out excellent. Thank you. We are very satisfied. We had to return the first pair because we entered the numbers wrong. After some great coaching from the team at Clearly, the second pair was just perfect. We will order more soon.

nadirh10
September 9th, 2020
Verified purchase

I like the look & feel of my new glasses very much. Clearly did a fantastic job.

I originally had some challenges getting my prescription info in line - but Clearly support reps helped me resolve all my issues, very quickly. I did not have any issues with the delivery at all. Either. The glasses came in fine, the packaging looked great, and they feel great.

Clearly services are exactly as advertised. I would highly recommend Clearly to anyone looking to purchase glasses online.

Two thumbs up!

Jane S. – Clearly.ca Rep

Hi Nadir, thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback, and we're so glad to hear you're pleased with your new glasses. We look forward to 'seeing' you again soon! -Team Clearly

shawnm623
June 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I'm a first time buyer of online contacts. I will never go back to an optometrist for contacts ever again. If you have a pair of contacts and need more ordered don't hesitate to get them through clearly.ca. Fast delivery. My contacts arrived 2 days after purchase! Accurate order. Same products you'll find in the shops. My employer health insurance company instantly approved clearly.ca and covered my cost in full. My wife, kids and I will be using clearly.ca going forward.

carinam18
November 1st, 2020
Verified purchase

I love the glasses I ordered with Clearly, but they arrived with the arms fairly stretched out! Within two days, I couldn't keep my glasses up on my face, they constantly slide down. I've ordered with Clearly many times before, and know which frames to buy for my nose shape (I have a strong bridge that typically supports my glasses very well), so I was very disappointed that these beautiful glasses are so uncomfortable to wear because they simply won't stay put.

heathert322
January 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

This was my first time ordering glasses online.
I dealt with a rep and ordered 2 pairs. When I initially received the order, I thought this was such a bad idea since they hurt my eyes so badly.
I called customer service because I wanted to returned them. Upon review it was discovered that something went wrong with the prescription.
She helped me to return the first set and reorder correctly.
I just say the second attempt was great and I am very satisfied with my frame, prescription, fit and overall service.

Angela C. – Clearly.ca Rep

Hi Heather, thank you for your review. We appreciate your thorough feedback on this. We're very sorry to hear that there was an issue with your eyeglasses, but we're so glad to hear that our awesome customer service team was able to help rectify this for you quickly and easily! If there's anything further we are able to assist you with, please feel free to reach out! We look forward to 'seeing' you again real soon! - Team Clearly

fabricioh
April 25th, 2020

Hello, I started buying glasses and contact lens on-line to Clearly Contacts (as it was named before) years ago in Canada. I am 100% satisfied with the quality, price, delivery time, return experience, and overall costumer service. I never used any other local optic, or online service because Clearly is the best for me and my family. My last order was on Nov 2019 and I am very happy with the two glasses purchased. Unfortunately people with positive experiences does not take time for sharing good reviews.

joeb1860
June 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase

Accurate delivery date, quality frames and lenses. Although it took 2 weeks to get, they were delivered on the date that they said when purchased.
Glasses and lens are great quality. Frames are comfortable and light. They feel slightly on the cheap side, but only time will tell on durability. For the price and lens quality, it's awesome. It's my first pair of blue light glasses, and I hardly notice a difference in everyday use, but my eyes do feel more relaxed while on a device.

kylerb2
July 4th, 2020

Great glass at reasonable prices. Have ordered about 8 or so pairs from them over the years, never had a problem. They even gave my girlfriend a free pair of glasses when she asked to cancel due to realizing she was short on cash (student life). Also appreciate their donations to developing nations. Really fast shipping in Canada too.

Eleni B. – Clearly.ca Rep

Thanks for the fantastic feedback, Kyler! We're so glad we've been able to help you with so many pairs over the years (and by extension, help so many in need with every purchase!) - Team Clearly

myronl23
January 30th, 2021
Verified purchase

Great quality and reasonable delivery given the times we are now in - postal workers all sick.
Very happy with the value received. And opportunity to virtually "try them on" before committing to a frame style.
Will definitely buy another pair once I have cataract surgery yielding a new prescription.
Happy I am dealing in Canadian $$$ with a Canadian company.

carrieh237
June 3rd, 2021
Verified purchase

I ordered my glasses, which were wonderful. But unfortunately I had to take them to my local eye doctor and have new lenses put in them. The prescription was correct buy where my pupil lined up with my progressives was not, so I felt sick after wearing them for 2 minutes or more. I would have returned them but I couldn't wait that long, I really needed them ASAP.

Jane S. – Clearly.ca Rep

Hi Carrie, thank you for your review! We really appreciate you sharing your feedback, and we're sorry to hear about this experience regarding the lenses! When ordering progressives online for the first time, it can sometimes require a customization of the lenses to make sure the prescription is perfectly aligned for you: we use the Pupillary Distance (PD) to align it horizontally, and Segment Height (SH) to align it vertically. We're always happy to troubleshoot this and supply a replacement if necessary! We'll reach out to you directly to see if we can help further with this. Keep an eye on your email inbox. -JS

kierano11
September 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase

I ordered some new glasses after my previous ones got scratched. Since my prescription was already on file I quickly browsed for frames that matches the dimensions I wanted and used the virtual try on feature with my phone. I'd love more choices for longer arm frames, but I found ones I liked, clicked order, and they came through really quickly, even during quarantine times. The frames are great and look very trendy. Much more affordable than my local glasses store.

Jane S. – Clearly.ca Rep

Hi Kieran, thanks so much for your review! We really appreciate the feedback, and we're glad to hear you're enjoying your new glasses! We hope to 'see' you again soon! -Team Clearly

louiseh164
August 23rd, 2020
Verified purchase

Extremely fast shipping; contacts arrived in less than 20 hours of purchasing last month (during the pandemic, nonetheless!) And the colours were absolutely vibrant and stunning. Everything was perfect- I don't normally write reviews, but I am so pleased with the shipping and contacts I have to let everyone know. Will definitely order from this site again!

Jane S. – Clearly.ca Rep

Thanks so much for your review, Louise! We really appreciate the feedback and such kind words! We'll be sure to pass it on to the team. If there's anything we can help with, please feel free to reach out. We hope to 'see' you again soon! -Team Clearly

Hi Dan - what you're seeing is the pre-authorization hold being taken and released so we can actually take the payment upon shipping out. On a regular credit card this is pretty invisible (a pending payment becomes an actual charge), but because the only way to apply a pre-authorized hold of funds on a credit-debit is to have the processor remove them from the bank balance and hold them between your account and Clearly's, it looks more like a charge, refund, charge. In either case, Clearly only receives the funds the one time once the order ships out!

By Eleni B.,

Oh no! We're truly sorry to hear about this and apologize for the late reply. If the prescription is correct, one more piece of information you want to verify is the PD (Pupillary Distance), as it is not always showing on the prescription. If it is not, and the PD is showing 63mm (or 31.5/31.5) on our receipt, this means the PD by default may have been entered when placing the order. This measurement is important as it allows us to cut and place the lenses in the frame in order for your eyes to focus right at the middle of the lens, to ensure comfortable and perfect vision. If the PD was incorrect, or if you're experiencing eye strain despite a correct PD, please contact our customer service team at 1-866-414-2326, or via chat or email through our website with your order information. We'd love the chance for them to trouble-shoot the issue and help with any adjustment if necessary. - SH

By Samuel H.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Clearly.ca staff and other customers.

We have Canadian roots, Canadian hearts, and a true Canadian drive. Our story begins in Vancouver, in the year 2000. The first Canadian retailer to offer eyewear online, we’ve always been ahead of the curve and have since grown to become one of the biggest (and the best) providers of glasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses in the world. Today, we help people from the west coast of BC to the east coast of Australia get the eyewear they need to hit important deadlines, watch the sun set on the horizon, and see all the amazing things waiting just around the corner.

Business History

A pioneer in online shopping, we launched our first site in 2000 selling contact lenses, but we always knew we wanted to do more. Within a few years, we began offering a curated selection of designer glasses and sunglasses as well — driven by a passion to bring prescription eyewear to people who often found it out of reach. And we didn't stop there.

We are relentless in our pursuit of the latest optical innovations, from contact lens technologies to breakthroughs in eyewear design. The ever-evolving nature of our product inspires us, and will always drive us to find you your perfect fit and help you see amazing. We believe in improving lives by improving sight, and with the launch of our Buy One, Give One mission, for every pair of glasses purchased, we're able to donate a pair to someone in need!

Eleni B.
Typically responds within 3 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Clearly.ca?

Have a question about Clearly.ca?