Review of Cars.com

nationalsales@cars.com
2017 Customer choice award

laurenh168
4/22/19

Although I am not ready to purchase the vehicle I would like, I decided to start looking ahead of time so that I could have time to look at my many options. She knew from the beginning that at this time I was just browsing, and unlike most she still chose to help. Dianna has spoken with me numerous times and has helped explain the entire process. She has taken the time to answer all of my questions. Even so much as helping me compare ones I liked most. As well as speaking with me about how I should go about deciding who to apply for financing through. Her kindness and willingness to help has changed my perspective when it comes to car shopping. She has been absolutely amazing and has definitely been a nice breath of fresh air throughout all of this. When the time comes, and I am ready to make my purchase, I refuse to let anyone else sell me a car but her. Thank you so much Dianna for all of your help and guidance the last couple of weeks!! I'll be sure to send anyone I know your way!

karenn163
4/14/19

The staff was very courteous and friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. This was an all around positive experience. I will definitely recommend MCGUIRE Buick GMC of North Bergen to family and Friends alike. Entire staff was very professional. Thanks guys, Karen Nagurka.

mariej98
4/14/19

I had an awesome experience at Toyota Universe at Little Fall NJ.Pat yameogo my sales rep knew a lot about the car i was looking at and very helpful in guiding me to my purchase. I would definitely recommend Pat to anyone looking to buy a car

peterw296
4/11/19

I was interested in possibly buying a discontinued 2019 Chevy Volt. Cars.com had one listed at about $36K, but it also suggested there may be additional fees. Okay, I can get that. I was trying to make a purchase before Apr 1 deadline for a $7,500 tax credit.

No quote from my query. They wrote and asked if I was interested. I replied that was was first seeking a quote for a straight cash deal.

"Taking the route of no trade and no finance would put you at $42,558.81," M. R., Sir Walter Chevrolet.

$42,558.81! Yikes, I'm definitely NOT interested. Quite a difference from the cars.com $35,820.

I don't know if this reflects a kind of bait and switch of dealers on Cars.com or of this dealership, but I'm happy I did not proceed to attempt to make a purchase.

PW

taylorc112
4/5/19

This dealership is helpful with processing already approved loans. Steve was very helpful with getting the paperwork processed and finalized.

karlac121
4/2/19

Midway Nissan has the best deals! I traded my 2009 Jeep Patriot for a Nissan Sentra 2019! I recommend Aldo Espinoza for all your car shopping needs! He was a very big help and did everything he could to make sure its was a great deal and affordable!

carolynf102
3/18/19

Recently purchased a Jeep from Miller Motors Burlington. Excellent experience! Ron Greiner was more than helpful!

shanep78
3/14/19

Just bought our second new car from Piehl Motors in Princeton, Illinois.
Both times we bought through Randy. He does a great job.
LeeAnna in the service dept really is great too.

joez51
3/12/19

I called today and got a hold of Clinton McKay in Starke, Florida.
We were talking and he was helping me out until I told him of my politics, he then began calling me a racist, sexist and nazi; pretty much everything under the sun besides God child.
I'm writing this review not to hurt him but to have the company focus less on belittling their clients because of politically views and more on the base of what they're looking for.
Much thanks!

robinb315
3/11/19

We found several vehicles my daughter was interested in on Cars.com
I spoke with Tom Diefendorf at Roseville BMW, he provided us with outstanding
customer service and attention on the 2015 BMW she purchased. Tom and I talked on the phone a couple of times prior to meeting in person with my daughter. He was always patient, professional and polite. He emailed all the options on the vehicle of interest to me so I could review the safety features I was most interested in. He would always call me on time with follow up and was very genuine in comparison to the other dealerships I had been working with such as, Niello and Mountain View.
When I came to meet with Tom Diefendorf with my daughter, he was knowledgeable, professional, a great listener and caring. He made the transaction smooth and seamless from start to finish. Such a nice guy..who wouldnt want to do business with him?
Tom Diefendorf continued to follow up with me after the purchase which gives me great
"peace of mind" in knowing that Tom will be there if anything is needed.
Tom was easy to work with, treated me with respect and urgency, kindness and concern.
I would highly recommend Tom Diefendorf and Roseville BMW to family & friends when
purchasing a new or used vehicle.

charliem106
3/10/19

From before arrival on the lot, just when i was talking to Simon and Steve over the phone, I could tell that this was a legit dealership. Every one who works here is very friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Aaron in financing provided one of the most painless, easiest financing experiences I've had. I will definitely buy another vehicle from them.

rickd240
2/25/19

I wouldn't reccomend cars.com to anyone
I signed up with them and they told me it was supposed to be 300 dollars a month.
When I recieved a bill for 795.84 I was wondering what in the world was the mix up .. I called and asked what the problem was and demanded that they just take my money and shut the account down so I don't keep getting hit with huge bills
This was at the end of the month
When I finally got my account shut off it was the first of the month..they just sent me another bill for 499.00 dollars ..when I asked why ,they said because it was the first of the month when my account was shut down (the next day)
Way to bend me over for 1300 dollars :( good job cars.com you got me hope ur happy

sandyd160
2/9/19

I usually do not go out of my way to write reviews, but feel compelled in this case because of my very positive experience with Roy Van Norton from Peak Kia, who was simply outstanding. In particular, Roy didn't try to "sell" me a car, but instead, helped me with the purchase by spending time to ask questions to understand what is important to me and matching possible options to what I need. This is very different from my experience from most other dealers, who are quick to try to push you into a lease or would be happy with anything you buy. My husband and I visited them on 3 different occasions, and each time we were greeted with absolutely no pressure and extremely friendly and helpful service by Roy who was truly concerned about ensuring what was best for me. In fact, it was Roy's suggestion to consider the Sportage that resulted in my purchase of that vehicle. This is a great fit for me and I feel like I got a very good deal overall as well. I give top ratings to all of Peak Kia with how they worked with me, their fairness and overall level of comfort with the entire purchase. I will definitely be going back.

Great Experience
Sandy

stanleyw50
2/5/19

Berkenkotter Motors provided Great Customer Service and we had an enjoyable buying experience with text driving vehicles. The Sales Team worked with us on deciding on a safe and dependable Pick-Up for a 16 year old's first vehicle. They have a great warranty options and went through the Pick-Up and made sure that everything was working and functional during the sales process. They were very easy to work with and have some great vehicles to chose from. We will be returning customers. Great Experience and recommend going to Berkenkotter Motors.

scottl347
1/2/19

Car dealers on cars.com continually bait and switch. They leave cars up on the site for days and weeks, probably months without the car being in stock. Total waste of my time to search for cars that don't exist. When you post a negative review they do not post it, in effect creating a false review system and protecting their paying customer. Someone should start a class action law suit against them. It's just wrong!! You think you're buying from a "5 Star" dealer when you may be buying from a total sham dealership.

williams1173
12/27/18

MONTROSE FORD IN FAIRLAWN, OHIO

BEST PLACE TO FIND YOUR QUALITY PRE OWNED AND NEW VEHICLE!!!

Will Sutton

mm529
12/23/18

Saved 12 vehicles to review later in order to choose the best one. When I tried to reopen them, the site defaulted to the search page. Wasted my time researching. Have to start over. The site should either allow you to reopen the file, or warn you that you cannot save them. Corporate stupidity.

warrens71
12/16/18

Bought a Vehicle from this Dealership.Was Very well Inspired, by there Attitude and Care. Evert, Phil, and Steve. Wow.......What a team. It was a Fun, knowledgeable Experience. These Guys, do it Right.

seano70
12/3/18

I mostly see ads from slimy car dealers that are selling cars with greater than
200K miles and salvaged titles. And the new car dealers don't seem to touch
anything under a $10K selling price.

johnr402
11/29/18

Recently I tried the "Sell To A Dealer with Quick Offer" feature on cars.com to sell my 2015 Dodge Challenger RT/plus . I followed all of the instructions displayed on the site. I received only one offer but, it appeared to be a very fair offer. I decided to accept the offer. When you accept an offer from cars.com it gives you a voucher with instructions on what to bring. It also states that you have to bring the offer voucher and the required documentation (title, keys, service manuals etc.) to the bidding dealer for final inspection. All of this seems reasonable. It does say that offer is non-binding and that the offer can change based on the final inspection. All this seems very reasonable. Also, you have only 3 days from the day that you to complete the "Sell To A Dealer with Quick Offer" to have the car inspected. This was a Thursday so I had until Saturday to have the final inspection. I called the dealer to schedule an inspection and he told me I can come anytime before the 3rd day (Saturday). I asked if I could do it on Monday, which would be 5 days since I was going away on Thursday until Sunday. He said no because the rules state that it has to be completed within 3 days. So, I decided to put off my trip a little bit and take the car right into the dealer who was approximately 25 miles away from my house. When I arrived at the dealership Car2Sell in Hillside, NJ, I handed him my voucher which contains the vehicle information, the quoted offer, and dealership information. He looked at the voucher and said that he did not place the bid. He told me that he only purchases cars that are under $10,000. He told me that cars.com placed the bid and that he keeps telling them to stop sending people with cars over $10,000 to him. He refused to inspect my car or honor the voucher since he said he did place the bid. I drove back home and called customer support at cars.com and spoke to Caio. I explained what happened in great detail to Caio. Caio communicated to me that cars.com did not place the bid and that it had to have been placed by the dealer Car2Sell. I expressed that I was greatly disappointed and that I have followed all of the rules of the "Sell To A Dealer with Quick Offer" service on the cars.com website. Caio said he would call the dealer to express my dissatisfaction and then he offered me a coupon so I could post my car for sale on cars.com through the "Sell it Yourself" feature. Which is basically just a classified add that you pay for me to sell your car. At this point I expressed to Caio that this sounded like a "bait-and-switch" tactic. He agreed with me. I told him I was not looking to place a classified ad that I was expecting to use the sell to a dealer option which is advertised as quicker and potentially a lower cost. He then told me that he can not force the dealer to buy my car. I then explained to him I am not looking for him to force the dealer to agree to his bid, that I am looking for someone to honor the terms of service for the cars.com "Sell To A Dealer with Quick Offer" service. Based on what the website, cars.com, says and the electronic communications sent to me from cars.com, the dealer was supposed to perform a final inspection and then adjust his bid accordingly if warranted. None of this occurred and cars.com told me the only way to resolve this is for my to accept their coupon code to place a classified ad on their site. I turned down their generous off and explained I do not appreciate that "bait-and-switch" tactic. It turned out to be a huge waste of time with none of the two parties, cars.com or Car2Sell, taking any ownership of the issue or any liability. I am now left with both parties telling me the other party lied and that they have no liability whatsoever. Just an awful experience and if not illegal (I am not an attorney - so I am not making any claims to the legality of this), it certainly seems unethical by both parties involved.

Tip for consumers: Do not use cars.com if you are expecting their services to be as advertised.

allisonp56
11/22/18

Best experience EVER!! Matt is by far the best guy to go to if you want a trade in value on your car or new car. I highly recommend and will def return for future business!! Thank you so much!!

drewl32
11/17/18

The upside: Carfax report included. Useful to know what your car's history is... especially if you're selling it as a car with a clean history.

The rest:
I love the site for buying and for advice, but as a private seller, it was a waste of money. I listed my 2006 Accord with a competitive price (mid 4 figures), and yet in 1 month of listing I got exactly 1 message, and the prospective buyer never responded. All the people who were interested in the car, and ultimately its buyer, came from Craigslist.

The dumbest and most offensive thing is that the site - which is all about paying a fair sum to list your ad - doesn't support LINE FEEDS. (That is the Enter/Return key.) Yup that's right, you pay good money to have your detailed ad turned into a jumble that makes you look disorganized and crude.

Speaking of disorganized, I actually called them to cancel my ad (which they did, because it's been just a few hours since I posted it) (of course there's no way to cancel from the site, you have to Call!).... and they did refund my money, but never canceled the ad! :D And because it generated so little traffic, I didn't even notice until I sold my car.

harveyr35
11/10/18

I had some minor issues when looking for cheaper cars and when I click sometimes I would get "access denied" error. Was confusing. Figured out later that the default year is very recent while I wanted something older. Otherwise the search functionality is great and all the additional information is terrific.

armandoc34
11/2/18

Ralph casbarro was very nice and honest
and very helpful he made buying my car very easy I would recommend friends and family to bill Vince acura of bridg water nj thank you so much

ronaldh199
9/27/18

Had trouble with a review from a local nut job who never bought a car or walked into the store. cars.com would not remove the Nut Job's remarks even though their review guidelines say review can only be from a consumer. Cars.com fix for us was to spend more money. AutoTrader treats dealers much better!

19 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

If you are a liberal they will. They will not if you are for freedom of speech.

By Greg D.

Questions? Get answers from the Cars.com staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Cars.com