Cabela's Canada

Cabela's Canada has a consumer rating of 1.25 stars from 56 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Cabela's Canada most frequently mention customer service, fish finder and free shipping problems. Cabela's Canada ranks 51st among Outdoor Clothing sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 5.6%

No positive highlights yet

• Good first impression and customer service cabelas.
  • Placed an on-line order 2 weeks from a location that has stock.
How would you rate Cabela's Canada?

“Great company and fantastic customer service”

John s.
1/4/20

Every time I've ordered from Cabelas they have come through for me. I recently ordered a few things before the Xmas rush - terrible timing, I know. When UPS (the un-contested worst carrier ever) completely screwed the pooch in a few almost comical ways - Cabelas totally helped me out, and reshipped at their own expense. They were extremely helpful, and kept a good sense of humour in so doing. Impressive enough that I'm taking the time to write about it!

“Terrible business”

Kerry H.
3/11/20

Tried to order a few hundred dollars worth of fishing rods and lures one night. Spent about an hour picking out merchandise going through the process only to find they don't accept Visa debit. LOL What major company dosent accept Visa Debit? Emailed them to ask why but they are too important To answer my email I guess. Oh well passed along the info to my local Bass Club. Their loss

customer service (13) 2 weeks (4) order (31) 3 weeks (4) credit card (5)
kerryh126
March 11th, 2020
What major company dosent accept Visa Debit?
Emailed them to ask why but they are too important
denniss673
September 8th, 2020
Terrible customer service. Cabelas does not stand behind the products they sale. Once the sale is cmetw you are on your own. A fishing rod I recently purchased, snappped while retrieving a large fish. Cabelas staff in Saskatoon accused me of misuse and refused any support. As a fisherman of 50 years experience, having never had a rod break, and being accused of doing so, I felt I should respond.
johns6345
May 19th, 2020
Placed an order on April 29,2020. As of May 19,2020 I still have not received it. Customer service is non-existent. Cant get through either via email or by phone. Nobody responds.

Being forced to dispute the charge through my credit card company.

Will never order from them again.
bobb921
May 1st, 2020
Ordered a BB pistol, BB's, Co2, oil. 3 shipments, multiple emails, and a month later, I have not received the oil yet.
Find another supplier if you value customer service. This place offers nothing but frustration.
Order Number: 6737632

Tip for consumers: Don't bother.

georgel463
June 12th, 2020
Order a $239 benchmade knife, they sent me a $30 different item with the receipt under other customer's name. Called customer service several times waiting time ~25 mins but nobody available to answer me, also sent an email but 3 weeks still no respond. Very bad job.
rayd167
September 4th, 2020
Ordered a pellet gun after long wait and phone calls and emails I get a delivery notice from the post office that I have to drive 20 miles one way to sign for it, no big deal if their was no Covid19 and your not 70 with one lung.
This after paying extra for delivery,(300+ I wish now was waisted elsewhere)
Never again long wait and poor delivery service
johns5472
January 4th, 2020
hossm
May 8th, 2020
Cabelas Canada's sevice sucks! I used to order from there years ago but found their service was bad, usually out of stock or on back order or the shipping was always late by at least a week. I stopped buying from them for years and the a month ago I thought I'd try again. Well sure enough once again, its been 3 weeks and I still haven't received my order. I use their tracking number and the package is still at their store. I have called twice and only ever get excuses on why it's not their fault and I've been told " if week can find you package we will try and get it to you faster" seriously? What the heck is that? I told them to keep my order and reimburse me my money, I was told we cant do that, you must wait till it shows up then you can send it back at my charge and then they can give me my money back. Not cool save yourself a lot of bs and shop somewhere else.
samc415
July 10th, 2020
Purchased a wood fire pit and proceeded to wait an entire month to get the package. They overcharged me on my CC by 30.00 - took me an hour on hold to get that fixed. They said it was for extra shipping which was already billed on my invoice - not sure how that happens on their end. When finally getting the fire pit I found it was missing the legs. This fault lands on the product manufacturer (Landmann Patio Lights) but it's how they handled it that bothered me. Once again it took an hour on hold to get through. Once one the phone they told me they had no more stock and couldn't help me with another. I asked for some compensation so I could make the legs myself and they offered me 40.0 GC. I said I needed at least a hundred as I would have to by the steel and spend time making it. They said that was all they could do. I have wasted 2 hours on the phone with these people and I hate returning stuff. All in all I would have felt better about just burning 200.00 and call it a day than to wait on hold only to argue with the people that just screwed me over. Cabelas, you have a long way to go.
keithg256
May 31st, 2020
I placed an order 2 months ago,,, never received it... Spent hours on the phone... Several times... Finally reached someone... Was told that I would receive a refund within 10 days... That was 3 weeks ago... have tried to reach them by phone,,, have been on hold for up to 3 hours... No way to reach anyone... Have sent 3 emails... No reply... NEVER! NEVER! NEVER AGAIN!... THE WORST SERVICE EVER!... THEY'RE USING COVID19 AS AN EXCUSE FOR TERRIBLE SERVICE... and let's face it... Taking money for a product or service that was not delivered or received is fraud... Thieves!
chrisb1450
April 6th, 2020
Ordered some small items for my Traeger grill, They charged me $12,95 to ship it, which was fine. About an hour later a notice from my bank that another $30,92 was charged from Cabela's, Never Again!
chrisc1381
January 28th, 2020
December 5th I ordered a Yedi Cooler during a free shipping promo. Since the item was over sized an extra shipping fee was applied. I was aware of that and paid with my credit card. The item arrived on schedule. The problem is they applied another $21 over the agreed upon cost. I called to inquire on or around December 12th and was told it was a charge that will disappear in a few days it was because the item was shipped from a retail store rather than a warehouse. To make a long story short it's now Jan 28th and 3 phone calls later no refund. There excuse is the busy holiday season, yada yada yada, we're working on it. In this day and age there is no excuse for this. We've all returned items and received credits to methods of payment almost instantly. They're quite quick to bill are cards they should have a system to perform a refund too. It's quite obvious they're banking on most customers likely not even noticing this and or forgetting about it. All I can say is I will never buy from Cabela's again.
jackd370
December 12th, 2019
Ordered a firearm on Black Friday. Item did not ship for 2 weeks. Called today only to be told that the order was cancelled. Like WTF? At least tell me when you are going to cancel my order? Don't other with this POS company
justins455
December 3rd, 2019
From start to finish this company has had bull$#*! service! I made an order in June which was backordered, however nothing was communicated. They have promised to have a product specialist get in touch with me 3 times and I have yet to receive a call. I could go on for hours about the bull$#*! I have experienced with thos order however I will not. All I will say is buyer beware! I will never purchase something from cabelas again and will also advise you to do the same! Support your local guns shops at least they care about your business. Also since I'm in a negative mood and ranting my brother purchased a collar for his dog which cost $800. Within the first week the gps locator stopped working and they were unwilling to help him also. Seems like they just want your money and dont care about your return business. Please stop supporting cabelas I know I am not the only person frustrated and fed up with this company.
gailf85
September 26th, 2019
Have you considered Balderson ONt. The huge cheese factory is for sale. Between Ottawa and kingston and hunters and game and fisheries and campers and outdoor clientele all around. There are two major conservation sites and ski resorts and only Canadian tire for outdoor equipment. Gail Fraser My sons great outdoor guys and gals need help. Too.
erika49
September 2nd, 2019
First orderd a smoker, One week later called to inquire about delivery. Was told at that point that the item was no longer being shipped. Pick up in store only. No call or Email from Cabelas notifying me?
Then orderd a $99 free shipping item. Bill came to $140? Free shipping but $27 overweight charge.
I wondered what would be the regular shipping charge for that item?.

Word to the wise, do not shop from cabelas online..
lisap283
April 3rd, 2018
This is by far the worst place to shop online Management take weeks to call u back with a bunch of BS... They will tell you that they don't have what u paid in full in stock anywhere... they will not refund you your money for weeks even tho it's there fault...

Do yourselves a Favor Cabela's! GGF!
mylened3
December 17th, 2019
Ordered on Black Friday, was suppose to get it the Friday after, never got it, apparently UPS couldn't find my address? I live in the big city of Ottawa!
They then say no problem we will ship a new one at no charge (Cause I need it for Christmas)... which I'm pleased with at this point. Well it is now a few days before Christmas and still no order, no tracking number nothing... so I then call again and they inform me that my order has still not shipped and because of Ontario postal closures, I will now not get it before Christmas. I am furious! I'm not the type to post reviews but this time I had to because I've had this issue several times with Cabelas.
Oh to top it all off, I received their e-mail chain this morning and it said guaranteed ship before Christmas! LMAO Really? Ordered mine 3 weeks ago and I didn't even get it for Christmas. WHAT A BUNCH OF B**LLS*IT!
jarretta7
July 26th, 2019
I ordered a fish finder through there online store, it said it was in stock so I purchased it with express shipping, couple days go by which is also supposed to be how long the shipping was lol, still pending in my account. I phone an woman says oh ya it's out of stock in our warehouse that it would have to be sent from a store. (What a joke) I went with another store from states instead got the 9" mega di for less $200 less then Cabela's changes for 8" mega di lol what a JOKE!
michaelm3239
October 30th, 2019
Bought 2 scopes being sold together on website it says both are the same model got package and ones the model below and they wont pay for return shipping wont buy anything from them again dont believe anything on there webpage
jonh202
March 29th, 2019
I have a stupid uppity hillbilly neighbour from Regina. (Here in Ontario). It all makes sense now... after dealing with these very dumb people of Cabelas Canada ( online) Manitoba. I can honestly say shut this so called business down!
sandrat206
October 23rd, 2019
I bought the wrong size of boots for my son and I had to return it but they didn't send me a label for me to pay a cheaper return rate of delivery, so, It cost me 20 dollars with Canada Post!
davidb896
March 22nd, 2018
There has been numerous times when the local store (Regina) was out of stock of a product, will not or cannot get any from warehouse or other stores. My only option is to drive to Calgary seven hours away. Cabela take a close look at Wholesale sports and Target. Ignoring customers inevitably leads to Bankruptcy.
andreh31
September 27th, 2018
Placed an on-line order 2 weeks from a location that has stock. 2 weeks later it still hasn't shipped. I call Cabela's every day to check the status and I keep getting told it will ship out today. It still hasn't left the warehouse. I asked to speak to a manager for an explanation and was told one would call me. 2 days later and no one has called me. This place is the worst. Buy local and forget dealing with this nightmare of a company. They don't appreciate your business. I'm never buying anything from them ever again.
reubenl14
October 9th, 2018
I have had multiple good experiences and bad ones. If you buy any product "on back-order" beware because it likely will never come. The one time I ordered a product and after a month of waiting for it to come in stock, I emailed them and a week later I got a response saying they don't carry that item anymore. They took a while to respond and overall just a nightmare of a situation. Don't buy anything if it says it is back ordered.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Cabela's Canada staff and other customers.

Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear at competitive prices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cabela's Canada?

Have a question about Cabela's Canada?