Cabela's Canada

Cabela's Canada has a consumer rating of 1.24 stars from 72 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Cabela's Canada most frequently mention customer service, credit card and free shipping problems. Cabela's Canada ranks 63rd among Outdoor Clothing sites.

No positive highlights yet

• Trying to connect with the company's customer service by phone and email proved futile.
How would you rate Cabela's Canada?

“Great company and fantastic customer service”

John s.
1/4/20

Every time I've ordered from Cabelas they have come through for me. I recently ordered a few things before the Xmas rush - terrible timing, I know. When UPS (the un-contested worst carrier ever) completely screwed the pooch in a few almost comical ways - Cabelas totally helped me out, and reshipped at their own expense. They were extremely helpful, and kept a good sense of humour in so doing. Impressive enough that I'm taking the time to write about it!

“Bait and switch”

Alex T.
12/15/20

I drove from Surrey to Abbotsford round trip 110km just to find out they advertised falsely with an attractive pricing for a jacket that they don't even carry anymore but the online claiming they have in stock in the store only so people would come and visit, they said they have similar product with more than 3 times the price, before I come I called the store several times and no one answer the phone. Wish Cabelas does not trick consumers to visit the store

customer service (13)
alext617
December 15th, 2020

kerryh126
March 11th, 2020

Tried to order a few hundred dollars worth of fishing rods and lures one night. Spent about an hour picking out merchandise going through the process only to find they don't accept Visa debit. LOL
What major company dosent accept Visa Debit?
Emailed them to ask why but they are too important
To answer my email I guess. Oh well passed along the info to my local Bass Club. Their loss

bonnieb30
January 12th, 2021

Ordered a dehydrator nov 27 online, for a Xmas gift. Never received it, first call to customer service they told me it was on back order. Second call, they tell me it's not available online anymore. So they will refund me which will take 3-5 weeks. Then they want me to go buy it at the store. I don't think so. Never again will I buy from cabelas. Wait time for customer service is about 40 mins

Be careful with cabelas

marcw150
November 8th, 2020

Usually I am very happy with my visits to Cabelas... and was excited when the flyer showed up yesterday with some great deals and new click bait rifles. I figured since I needed a draw tag picked up, I would drive the hour to go grab a rifle /bipod/scope as an early Xmas present to my self... I've been a good boy. I called ahead and was told if it was in the flyer they should have them in stock, but that the computer was busy and he couldn't confirm... my bad... Drove the hour to be told that they have some on order but that they haven't shipped, and that they not even available to order online yet... but featured in the catalogue... went down south to a local shop and spent 2600. 00 there instead.

randy
December 10th, 2020

Just wondering, i placed an online order to be shipped to Toronto on Monday. 4 days have passed there is nothing processed! I received an order confirmation and thats about it! Their customer service number never answers
Anyone passed by the same situation?

denniss673
September 8th, 2020

Terrible customer service. Cabelas does not stand behind the products they sale. Once the sale is cmetw you are on your own. A fishing rod I recently purchased, snappped while retrieving a large fish. Cabelas staff in Saskatoon accused me of misuse and refused any support. As a fisherman of 50 years experience, having never had a rod break, and being accused of doing so, I felt I should respond.

ck511
December 11th, 2020

Ordered a few items online. All the items were in stock in the province of Ontario where I'm located. Order takes 10 days to arrive from Calgary instead of shipping from Ontario. Order comes missing most expensive item. 47 min hold time for customer service agent to tell me the warehouse short ordered you. Asks if I still want the item I obviously wanted If I ordered it in the first place or a refund. Credit card was already charged for item not even shipped even though policy is to charge after item is shipped. Was my first time ordering from Cabela's and it will undoubtedly be my last. I should of listened to all the other horrible reviews scattered all over the web.

lolap48
December 30th, 2020
Verified purchase

I realize that these are difficult times but a month ago I placed an order for curb-side pick up at our local store. Half of the order arrived a week later, as expected. Haven't seen the rest of the order and it has now been a month. Efforts to reach anyone either by phone or email have been impossible. The longest I sat on hold on the phone was 20 minutes and I finally had to hang up due to the crap music I was forced to listen to. I emailed and was told that these are unprecedented times and everything is delayed. I get that, but for the love of god, you need a better system in place to at least let people know what is going on with their order. Won't be shopping here any time soon.

Don’t bother

Products used:
Skipants

johns6345
May 19th, 2020

Placed an order on April 29,2020. As of May 19,2020 I still have not received it. Customer service is non-existent. Cant get through either via email or by phone. Nobody responds.

Being forced to dispute the charge through my credit card company.

Will never order from them again.

martine206
December 17th, 2020

Nov 15 I ordered an, electric ice auger and a month later item not yet shipped out. Front desk stated they had lots in inventory but were never able to ship one out even after many calls and with half hour wait times. I gave up, ordered the Strikemaster from an Ontario sports dealer and it was shipped out same day with tracking, paid 30$ less than Cabelas even though I paid for shipping 50$. Note I live in Quebec. Note: I emailed several times and asked that someone (responsible) email me or call me to explain why the delay to no avail. Never again.

bobb921
May 1st, 2020

Ordered a BB pistol, BB's, Co2, oil. 3 shipments, multiple emails, and a month later, I have not received the oil yet.
Find another supplier if you value customer service. This place offers nothing but frustration.
Order Number: 6737632

Don't bother.

Products used:
I would use all of them but have only received 3 of 4 pieces in the order (after a month and 3 shipments later).

johns5472
January 4th, 2020

ludgerl1
January 10th, 2021

Twice I showed up at the Calgary store to purchase an air gun that the website showed 'in stock'.
Gun staff, 2 different staff members, could not find the product. Every key stroke or click on the computer was accompanied with a 'sigh', poor if any computer skills.
After about 15 minutes of waiting while they were scratching their heads, they told me 'I guess we don't have it'. So I decided to buy the display model but they could not sell it to me because they couldn't find the box which contained the manual.
After having read all the horrible reviews it boggles the mind that this company is doing absolutely nothing to change their way of doing business and this leads me to believe that, because they are the only Outdoors outfitter in town (aside from Canadian Tire) their attitude is 'where else are you gonna go'.

georgel463
June 12th, 2020

Order a $239 benchmade knife, they sent me a $30 different item with the receipt under other customer's name. Called customer service several times waiting time ~25 mins but nobody available to answer me, also sent an email but 3 weeks still no respond. Very bad job.

rayd167
September 4th, 2020

Ordered a pellet gun after long wait and phone calls and emails I get a delivery notice from the post office that I have to drive 20 miles one way to sign for it, no big deal if their was no Covid19 and your not 70 with one lung.
This after paying extra for delivery,(300+ I wish now was waisted elsewhere)
Never again long wait and poor delivery service

shawnm81
January 16th, 2017

From my experience it doesn't get any slower then this. Its pretty bad when you can get items shipped out of south east US by USPS to western Canada arrive at your residence before Cabelas can even get your items pulled and sent. I guess I should have expected as it was a FREE shipping promotion. If you want to prevent a 2 week wait pony up for the expedited shipping or pick up in store.

kamrans11
December 22nd, 2018

Bought a savage 10t sr they shipped out a defective gun when I called them they said go through warranty. The place for warranty is 2 hours away. I wouldn't buy anything online from them go in the store and check it before you buy it. All the stuff that is defective ship it to customers and then its their headache

tomt559
October 23rd, 2020

Ordered a firearm from them and came damaged.
From the get go they started with: well look at the damages but all firearms are final sale. As if they were preparing me for dissatisfaction. They are rude, not accommodating and made me a ridiculous discount offer in order to NOT exchange my product. Absolute nonsense. How does a company not exchange a product that came shipped to the client damaged. A real joke! DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM!
Truly disappointed to see a Canadian company function like this!

gailf85
September 26th, 2019

Have you considered Balderson ONt. The huge cheese factory is for sale. Between Ottawa and kingston and hunters and game and fisheries and campers and outdoor clientele all around. There are two major conservation sites and ski resorts and only Canadian tire for outdoor equipment. Gail Fraser My sons great outdoor guys and gals need help. Too.

hossm
May 8th, 2020

Cabelas Canada's sevice sucks! I used to order from there years ago but found their service was bad, usually out of stock or on back order or the shipping was always late by at least a week. I stopped buying from them for years and the a month ago I thought I'd try again. Well sure enough once again, its been 3 weeks and I still haven't received my order. I use their tracking number and the package is still at their store. I have called twice and only ever get excuses on why it's not their fault and I've been told " if week can find you package we will try and get it to you faster" seriously? What the heck is that? I told them to keep my order and reimburse me my money, I was told we cant do that, you must wait till it shows up then you can send it back at my charge and then they can give me my money back. Not cool save yourself a lot of bs and shop somewhere else.

samc415
July 10th, 2020

Purchased a wood fire pit and proceeded to wait an entire month to get the package. They overcharged me on my CC by 30.00 - took me an hour on hold to get that fixed. They said it was for extra shipping which was already billed on my invoice - not sure how that happens on their end. When finally getting the fire pit I found it was missing the legs. This fault lands on the product manufacturer (Landmann Patio Lights) but it's how they handled it that bothered me. Once again it took an hour on hold to get through. Once one the phone they told me they had no more stock and couldn't help me with another. I asked for some compensation so I could make the legs myself and they offered me 40.0 GC. I said I needed at least a hundred as I would have to by the steel and spend time making it. They said that was all they could do. I have wasted 2 hours on the phone with these people and I hate returning stuff. All in all I would have felt better about just burning 200.00 and call it a day than to wait on hold only to argue with the people that just screwed me over. Cabelas, you have a long way to go.

louisl213
March 13th, 2021

I saw an add announcing that Cabela's was searching for some Call Center Customer Representatives. I was all excited to apply because I was a good customer of them 20 years ago. Only to find out that the postition was part-time (not indicated in the job posting). The proposed pay was awful (12$/hour). They were searching for legendary customer service experience. The Human Resources Specialist was taking a 2 seconds gap before answering questions. What type of people do that? After a Criminal BackCheck and thinking about it, they didn't hire me. Good for me finally. Be careful about Cabela's because they don't really know what they are searching for and their Business approach is deficient.

billh818
December 3rd, 2020

Do not ever buy anything online from this poor excuse of a company. I purchased a meat slicer that did not. Work out of the box. Trying to connect with the company's customer service by phone and email proved futile. Again, I repeat, never, ever buy anything from this joke of a company.

keithg256
May 31st, 2020

I placed an order 2 months ago,,, never received it... Spent hours on the phone... Several times... Finally reached someone... Was told that I would receive a refund within 10 days... That was 3 weeks ago... have tried to reach them by phone,,, have been on hold for up to 3 hours... No way to reach anyone... Have sent 3 emails... No reply... NEVER! NEVER! NEVER AGAIN!... THE WORST SERVICE EVER!... THEY'RE USING COVID19 AS AN EXCUSE FOR TERRIBLE SERVICE... and let's face it... Taking money for a product or service that was not delivered or received is fraud... Thieves!

frankk57
November 4th, 2016

I recently purchase a hunting rifle (Ottawa Cabela's) I provided the firearms acquisition card as requested, the sales clerk left with it to a back room for some time. When I questioned him what he was doing, he indicated that he had to call the RCMP to verify and register it. Why would Cabela's do that since the previous government cancelled the rifle/shotgun registry and ordered all records erased, is this something new?

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Cabela's Canada staff and other customers.

Quality Hunting, Fishing, Camping and Outdoor Gear at competitive prices.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Cabela's Canada?

Have a question about Cabela's Canada?