Review of Betabrand

Tel: 800.694.9491
info@betabrand.com

kwanjiraa
3/18/19

I pre-ordered 2 pants from them, finally got my pants 4 months later to find out that the leggings were too long for me. I had to return them and before I did, I sent them an email asking what to do when the size that I want to exchange is currently out of stock. She advised me to return my order and get store credits. So you get like 10% off when you participate in their crowdfunding projects. The full price for each pair was around $60 at that time (with the discount I got them for about $47 per pair) but after the release the price went up to $78. They offer you a bonus 10% extra when you chose to exchange you returns for store credits. Which was not worth it,I will still have to pay an extra $20 with a 20% discount code for the same style of pants but just different size. I thought about it after I sent my returns and emailed them again asking them to change my exchange method to the size that I wanted which was just became available at the time. They said no and told me once I chose the method, it cannot be change and did not advise me on any other alternatives that I could do/they could offer me. "You asked for store credit, so we are giving you store credit" So I replied back saying that its like they said f*** you in my face (yes I was mad) and she replied back to me real quick saying she did not appreciate that I used profanity and issued me my refund which I was happy with (hence why I gave them 2 stars instead of 1) I will not want to deal with them again and won't recommend them to anyone. Their pants are nice and comfortable but it does not worth $78, maybe $60 and it wasn't worth the 4 months wait.

kelseyb49
3/14/19

I was sold on their shoes being comfortable, weatherproof, and walkable. They have nice cushiony bottoms inside but the hard plastic cuts into your feet. I wore them walking for 2 blocks and the skin on my toes and heels was badly cut into and torn open in several spots.
These are not comfortable nor walkable. Don't buy them unless you don't plan to move at all while wearing them.
I do have pictures of both the shoes post short-walk in still perfect condition and my torn and blistered feet, but do not want to post pictures of my feet online.

kimp265
1/17/19

Ignore all the bad reviews about getting the wrong size and expensive no return items. You can return items for a different size but just not for your $ back, but I would argue, who would want their $ back? Get the right size!

I bought my first pair of pants and the minute I tried them on, I turned around and bought 2 more pants the same day. I have no bought 7 pairs and they are the best pants ever!!
Because of the stretch ability they offer, they are very economical and can span 3 sizes. Meaning if I gain 10 pounds they still fit and if I lose 10 pounds they still fit. They wear well and are so comfortable.

I reached out to customer support because I by accident bought the regular size instead of petite and they reached back immediately to try to rectify my mistake. However, it was too late as they had already shipped. I love these pants so much that rather than send them back and wait for a return of the correct size, I spent $10 to just get them hemmed. Seriously, you can't argue with how comfortable these pants are. You are missing out if you listen to the bad reviews, you really are!

vitad
1/10/19

i LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOUR dress yoga pants. I soooo wish you didn't run out of the red in size Medium. I had to return ML cuz too long, and then I didn't get lucky enough to get a M. I also wanted the dark green and you don't offer that color....Please bring back a lovely dark green pant. such a hard color to find.....please! Can't wait for a huge sale again.

ba10570
1/6/19
• Updated review

In November 2018, I ordered two pants. They sent the wrong size on one pant, an expensive no-returns item, and didn't even bother sending the second item.

I emailed them twice and they *FINALLY* got back to me last week, apologizing.

They refunded my money, and gave me a store credit to see if they could save a customer. Ok, Betabrand, I'll give you one more shot. Just ordered another pair of pants for free. At least customer service came through eventually... We'll see what happens.

“Horrible Customer Service.”
12/8/18
• Previous review

Order # 101188500

I emailed them twice and they still haven't gotten back to me.

I will not be ordering again.

heatherd198
12/13/18

They promise shipped received by dates. They use phoney tracking numbers that don't exist then use weather excuse that don't exist in the path of delivery. Bogus ass company not sure I will ever get my pants.

stephaniet150
11/25/18

I would never wear yoga pants out let alone to work. But these pants are incredible. They look professional and feel high quality and are so comfy.
It took 5 days for shipment to Canada. Wow!
I'm so glad I got two pairs.
Came nicely packaged and used FedEx for speedy delivery.
Great company. I'm a super happy customer. I recommend them. Coworkers are now buying

cathyc176
11/7/18

The Good; I love the pants, good quality, nice fit. I would order more BUT
The Bad: 1st order took over 8 weeks from order to delivery. But I loved them so much I thought OK, I'll give them another chance. Ordered another pair 3 October, said they would be delivered in October. I checked again today (nov 6) they are now on back order, no expected delivery date can be given. As much as I love the pants I will not be ordering again.

lindal646
10/31/18

I sent a pair of pants back to the store 22 days ago for store credit. I've been waiting for a confirmation that they received them so I could use my store credit. I waited almost 3 months for the first pair so I wanted to get the next order in. Evidently they received them (I found out by calling today). Poor customer service.

maryp434
10/3/18

I placed an order almost two weeks ago, and it still has not shipped. I've sent two emails asking about the status of the order, and when they can expect it to ship, and crickets. I can only hope that I receive my order when I need it, which is a week and a half.

All of the reviews on their site were five stars. That should have been my first clue that they were sketchy. Live and learn. :(

olgak47
9/12/18

One item from my order was missing. I tried to contact them three times never got a response. Bad customer service. Looks like a scam. They lost me as a customer for sure and I'll shop somewhere else

susied13
6/15/18

I am a size 2. 56. 115lbs. Inorders Small. They fit great until washed-cold-hung dry. I measured- they shrunk 5 FULL inches in length. I returned with explanations. They KEPT my pants and denied a refund! Rude emails!

chrisk347
6/9/18

The clothes are nice but I bought a pair of pants on sale, and the poop shirt and it came to $120.48 with the sale price and the discount code which is what my receipt said. But they actually charged me $95 more than that with no explanation or anything and trying to talk to them about it is a painful process. They don't want to make it right or even talk about it. Screw these guys but your overpriced clothing somewhere else. At least the other places won't double over charge you

lorit88
4/6/18

I ordered a bag from Betabrand and my account was immediately debited for the amount. When checking on my order status on line, it said Processing for 3-4 days and then no status was available. I called only to be tole first that it was on back order. Then I was told that the bag was on their web site by mistake and had been an unsuccessful crowdfunding item and was actually never available! I was promised a refund and will be waiting to see if that actually occurs. I was given a small store credit but I will never shop for this store given this level of disorganization.

vanessai3
1/26/18

When I found out about Betabrand I was so excited and couldn't wait to try their pants! I was willing to spend the extra money to be comfortable all day at work. The first time I ordered, I received my pants with no problem. I loved the fit and they really were comfortable pants... I made the mistake of washing them AND drying them and they SHRUNK so bad that I can't wear them anymore because of how stupid they now look. I figured that was my fault so I decided to try again a few years later. I ordered two pairs of pants (grey and black, size small, length short) As soon as I clicked "place order" I received a confirmation email WITH THE WRONG ORDER. (wrong size, wrong COLOR, wrong LENGTH) I contacted Betabrand IMMEDIATELY via their customer service email (because it was after hours) notifying them that they were the wrong items and I wanted it changed. No response. I received the shipment-- which wasn't what I ordered. I went to the website to put my order number in so I would receive a "return slip" and it said that my order number couldn't be found because it was placed too long ago (mind you I did this within 2 WEEKS of receiving the shipment.) I finally figured out how to ship them back... and did so before Christmas time. I understand that Christmas is a crazy time for online orders so I waited patiently to receive an email that they had received my return request. Never received anything. Finally after a month and a half, I contacted them and they notified me that Black Friday and the holidays had really backed up their system (mind you this is the end of January). I FINALLY got my refund today which I am happy about... however if I would have never contacted them they would've just kept my money?!?!? That is so effing fishy to me and I will never order from here again and its too bad because it's a great concept but their customer service is NON-EXISTENT! VERY DISSAPOINTING!

carolm263
1/20/18

I feel like I have been scammed.I returned 2 pair of yoga pants and STILL have never received my refund.Carol McAlister

francineh7
1/17/18

I believe that I have crowd funded a dress many months ago. You took the money and I still have no dress. Tried calling several times a day and you just refer me to e-mail which never goes through.What do you suggest I do? Am feeling very frustrated. Does anyone ever answer back? Would like to order from Betabrand but am too dissapointed in your customer service. Thank you for any help.

sandyr82
1/11/18

But a bunch of their stuff sounds and looks better online than in person. I've ordered 4 things and only kept 1 - the Dress Pant Yoga Pants. Those are pretty cool, although unflattering to calves if you aren't too athletic! The travel dress and travel jeans, for example, were underwhelming so I sent them back.

The idea is very cool - to crowdfund clothing. Check it out but take their (great) marketing with a grain of salt. Try the products on before the return deadline just in case!

clairee20
1/8/18

Don't do it! Just made my first order a few weeks ago - 2 pairs of pants and a top. Felt like I could have bought the whole store. I love their designs. First, I never received an email confirmation of my order. Then my order sat in the "processing" status for two weeks. My emails asking about my stuff were never answered. My late research suggested this was all pretty typical for them. Finally got a response after sending a very ticked off Facebook message, and they gave me some $#*! about how their system lost a bunch of orders, but they found it and would send overnight, free of charge. Great!
Got my order, First, everything runs one size too small. Ok, that happens. But they also sent the wrong style for one of my pants, and the top was dirty! and not just smudged, like somebody wore it, and drooled oatmealy gruel on the front of it and let it crust up.
Returning everything and will never shop there again. It's a shame because I love the pants.

michelleg140
2/19/17

I have 4 pair of the dress pants. They are amazing. Of course, you can't dry them in the dryer but they wash well without fading. The only things I can say is they are really long and they get bigger as the day goes on when wearing them. I'm tall so I ordered long and they were too long but sending them back and exchanging was hassle free. I'm wondering how the new flats are. Anyone?

danielj51
9/14/15

"Not a great experience with this team. I always appreciated the creativity of their items, but after a few orders with repeated issues, I just can't recommend them. First of all, everything they make is expensive. So you'd imagine with these costs, you'd be paying for good service along with good quality. But one "preordered" item, which was supposed to ship that winter, was delayed and delayed, months on end, to the point that customer service was sending out promo codes and apology items to make up for the poor service. Not great, but whatever, I'll give them another chance.

They had a sale, I saw an item, and purchased. Nothing unusual. They don't ship it for a few days, which interests me but whatever. I finally get an email, saying my item is out of stock ("inventory snafu"). That's interesting, since it's still in stock on your site, this being now days later...Ok, well, is there any other size? Only if I wanted to go way smaller so it wouldn't fit.

Poorly managed and run site. They've lost my business, which is a shame."

chrisr94
2/24/15

I found this company by sheer happenstance and ended up buying 4 pairs of the Dress Sweatpants and love them so I bought 2 pair of Yoga Sweatpants for my Girlfriend and she ended up buying 3 more pairs. This company is awesome! Feel free to earn 10% off for signing up and an additional $15 off your purchase of $75 or more by using this link http://www.betabrand.com/referrals/landing/friend?r=3P7

jodyt10
1/10/15

I have ordered 2 pair of their yoga pants, excellent service, excellent delivery time. Highly recommend this website.

thomask35
11/25/14

Betabrand: damn fine. I bought a reversible disco hoodie from this store, import US-UK, and I regard this purchase as one of my lifetime greatest achievements, up there amongst learning to tie my shoes, and boiling my first egg. The customer service [I had a query about discounts] was fast and helpful. The website has a refreshing touch including crowdfunding to raise funding for concept clothing. This website is brilliant. Everyone should wear more shiny things.

Tip for consumers: You're not buying clothing, you're buying freedom.

Yes, I have these and like them. They're super cute and I always get compliments. I like that they're waterproof. And, they're comfy. I recommend them but buy on sale. I paid around $100 and they're great but not worth list price of close to $175.

By Melanie W.

The shoes I've bought from there have been true to size. Be sure to read others' reviews on shoes you're interested in to get an idea of how they fit.

By Melanie W.

Questions? Get answers from the Betabrand staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Betabrand