Review of Ben's Outlet

Tel: 81465488841
Support@1SaleADay.com

charlesl19
9/9/12

My wife ordered pillows. They sent them them to a different address in another state. They won't send the pillows to us or refund the money. They say she gave them the wrong address! We have ordered from them before and they sent the stuff to our correct address 5 times before. They also have a 100% satisfaction guarantee I guess if Ben's Outlet gets your money, they are 100% satisfied and you are out of luck!

kank
9/2/12

More or less same experience as others who rated this retailer with 1 star. They charge the credit card as soon you order, even send out a UPS tracking number only for your consolation because that tracking number never shows up in UPS systems even after 10 business days. Don't understand how these type of retailers are still allowed to do business online.

jp35
8/23/12

Scammers. I bought two of an item they showed in stock. They charged me for the merchandise. Then they sent a UPS tracking number that was NEVER in the UPS system. After two weeks I contacted them and they did not even have the product in stock. A total fraud.

jigarp
8/1/12

This website is alright. They accept returns and the shipping is quick enough.

sonial1
7/16/12

I ordered a Pandigital 7" Tablet for my grandson's birthday - it came and I was very excited. Opened the box and there was no power source. I tried calling their customer service - there is none, at least none that I could find. I emailed them to see if they could just send the charger since they are still advertising them. Their c/s is the worst I have ever seen. They asked if I would take a $5 rebate. Of course not, I wanted the charger that was to come with it. To make a long story short, I returned it today - shipping back to them at my expense. I would never, ever to business with them again!

jogyp
6/27/12

This site sells chinese knock off products will US price. Very dissatisfied with purchase. The tablet they sell for $59 is a waist of money. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS SITE. DONT WAIST YOUR TIME. I finally got the money back. Do yourself a favor, pay the extra dollar and buy branded products. They are ripping off american consumers!!

shleppyb
6/26/12

The Good:
Sell items at relatively low prices, but items are not listed accurately and shipping is as slow as it gets (slowest shipping I have encountered of any website to date)

The Bad:
Products listed incorrectly, customer service is poor, shipping speed is poor as well.

My experience with Bens Outlet:
Contacted Ben's Outlet prior to making a purchase to confirm that the item I wanted to purchase was new and not refurbished. They responded with canned text that was an obvious copy/paste used to sluff off questions. Their response made no attempt to answer my question. Several emails later they confirmed the product was in new condition, so I ordered three of them.

15 days after I placed my order, the items finally arrived. When the items arrived they were refurbished, not new as the product listing indicated, and as the customer service staff indicated.

Just contacted them to see if I could return the items. Expectations are low considering how things have gone so far.

matthewb6
6/25/12

I purchased an Acer Iconia A500 tablet from this company. The delivery was delayed and then when I received the product, the tablet was defective. The battery would not hold a charge and would not work as advertised. I emailed their customer support which replied that the battery wasn't covered under their 90-day warranty which was not disclosed upon purchase. They did offer a warranty support through their third party (Liquidity Services, Inc), however they required a serial number which was supposed to be found on the product and in the "Device Information" in the settings on the tablet's operating system. Neither was found. When I requested the information from Ben's Outlet they replied that they did not have any information on that. Because of this, I could not receive repair/replacement from their warranty service they they suggested. I cannot get this equipment repaired as they advertised, and upon discovery of the lack of serial number, I cannot even prove that this device would even belong to me.

I reported them to the BBB and expect a full refund. Never before have I experienced such bull from a company...

davids111
6/19/12

Beware, These people are scam artists. They create a shiping label and never ship your prduct.

jesk
6/12/12

This is a great place to find deals on all sorts of items. Prices aren't always the lowest but many times they are. As always, do your research.

They have great customer service. A few times I've received items that are damaged or not as advertised and they quickly offer a full refund or work out a discount.

bg13
5/17/12

"BEWARE!! Ordered Lapdoc for Bionic 11 days ago. Quickly got a UPS tracking number that was bogus...no such record. Emailed customer service and got another tracking number that also showed no record of receipt by UPS. I have asked twice now if the product has actually shipped and can't get an answer. Seems that they issue a bogus UPS tracking number to make you think the product has shipped when it has not. Credit card charge-back today."

dwg1
5/3/12

Horrible customer service. No delivery of item and refusal of refund. Total scam!!

roberte10
4/13/12

My advice----- DON"T ORDER FROM BEN"S OUTLET

I have ordered 3 times
1) first order arrived in about a week and a half. item is fine
2) second order arrived but is defective. but since it cost $6 it wasn't worth shipping back. i let it go.
3) third order was for $220 item. they have not shipped though ordered over a month ago. AND they refuse to issue a credit.
as noted in the previous reviews they will answer you emails but always with excuses, never with action.

michaelb49
4/11/12

They give you shipping confirmation numbers which don't work. They seem to give the same excuse to everyone that they are having "temporary problems" with some of their confirmation numbers, and to try again later and contact them if it still doesn't work. I'm giving them another week and if I still don't receive my product, I'm disputing the charge.

davek12
4/6/12

- Can't cancel order even even after a few minutes of buying. "Due to limitation in their system."
- Only way to contact them is via their web form contact page
- Will take 5 days to make shipping ticker
- Another 2 weeks until package arrive.
- Credit card gets processed in 5 minutes
- 2 days for any email reply

dad13
3/11/12

Incredible low prices on certain items, but beware items may take as much as 4-5 weeks to receive after order placed and payment taken!! This disclosure not on website to fully inform the buyer!!
Feb 15 - Order placed for 6-in-1 Solar-Powered Educational Robotic Kit and G24 Innovations Power Curve Rugged Solar Charger units, status processing order.
Feb 19 - inquiry to BO regarding when order will ship.
Feb 20 - response from BO
"At this time your order has been processed but a shipping label has yet to be created.

As soon as the shipping label is created you will receive an email in regards to all the
tracking information you'll be needing to follow up with your order."

Feb 26 - complaint about length of time to ship and lack of communication from BO regarding status
Feb 27 - status of order changes to Shipped, and response from BO "Thank you for contacting Ben's Outlet,

Within a few minutes of placing your order we can generally stop and cancel it. Unfortunately your order has already begun processing and at this stage we are unable to stop it. Sorry for the inconvenience and please refuse the package once it arrives. Once we receive the return, we will be glad to issue a full refund.

Feb 29 - status still shipped but UPS tracking number still does not show item being received by UPS. Email sent to BO "I'll have to let you know I'm very disappointed in the level of service from Ben's Outlet compared to 1SaleADay. I've purchased from 1SaleADay twice and have never had this sort of issue.

The first time trying Ben's Outlet, payment is taken, product still not shipped 2 weeks later. I complain, so a shipping label is generated although there's no product still enroute. Being amerchant myself it is clear there has not been full disclosure upfront which would have prevented all these emails I'm having to send, wasting my time and yours.

Please either provide a straight story on exactly when the merchandise payed for will be received or I'll be forced to resort to other means to have my funds returned in a more timely manner, and create unecessary pain for both of us."

Feb 29 - response from BO
"Thank you for contacting Bens Outlet.

I sincerely apologize for the delay in receiving your item

Unfortunately we are currently experiencing issues with some tracking numbers.

Most packages have shipped, although their tracking numbers may not reflect that, due to some technical glitches with our shipping program.

If you do not see movement, please allow 1-10 business days for your item to arrive.

If you do not receive it and the tracking number is inactive at that time, please let me know and I will be happy to assist you further.

Again, I am sorry for all the trouble and thank you kindly for your continued patience."

March 3rd - finally some movement on UPS website indicating BO has shipped items, hope items come as advertised
"Scheduled Delivery Updated To: Monday, 03/05/2012, By End of Day"

March 5th - only 6-in-1 Solar-Powered Educational Robotic Kit in package. Emailed and told "Please allow an additional 3-5 business days to get the remainder of your order."

heatherd4
3/6/12

UNBELIEVABLE!

These people are scam artists. I ordered two Netbooks on 2/18/12 and the money was withdrawn from my bank account on 2/20/12. TO DATE, I HAVEN'T RECEIVED MY NETBOOKS!!! I have contacted Ben's Outlet more than a dozen times, always met with excuses about shipping IF THEY EVEN EMAIL BACK!! I have contacted the BBB about them, Ben's Outlet refuses to acknowledge the BBB's request for information! Can you believe that?? I just disputed the entire transaction in PayPal, hoping to get my money back.

As with the previous reviewer below me, they created a shipping label to make it APPEAR as though they had shipped the computers, but there is no information available. I contacted UPS and they said that "due to the shipping that Ben's Outlet has chosen, updated information is unavailable to UPS. Please contact the shipper for additional, detailed information." Only Ben's Outlet won't email me back AND there's no phone number to call them!

I've threatened legal action, and they wouldn't even respond.

SAVE YOUR MONEY, TIME & SANITY - STAY FAR AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!!

unhappyc6
3/1/12

I ordered 2 sets of earbuds on 2/17 through their website. After 5 business days with no shipment, I contacted their customer service department. They told me that they were "upgrading their warehouse" and "they were backed up". Finally, on 2/27, I received an email that the order shipped, along with 5 other emails each with different tracking numbers. None of them worked. At the time of this writing, 3/1, I still have not received my package nor any working tracking number. In short, I will never buy from this site again. Their site design is nice, but their logistics and customer service are way behind the curve. Stick to other, more reputable online retailers.

kevinb17
2/29/12

Changes the prices daily, and also offers other prices on their sister website, 1saleaday.com. Takes FOREVER to have them ship an item, then you receive 4-5 emails with incorrect shipping information.

joes57
2/16/12

I have been waiting for over 15 days for Bensoutlet to ship my computer. Their excuse is that it is in "processing" You would think that someone would take the initiative to mail the darn thing.

ms30
6/18/11

Bensoutlet offered 'Free Shipping' for Father's Day, but only after 'jacking up' the prices on everything they had been selling every day before!

lorettaa1
5/9/11

There are definitely good deals but I thought the shipping charge was excessive for what I bought for $22. Everything I was buying could have fit in a USPS medium flat rate box for $10.70 and their shipping was $19.00 so be sure to factor that in when ordering

jesseg
2/2/11

Sticking to my likes, I am offering my review of Bens Outlet. This is an online shopping website that sells discounted items until they are sold out. Browse the selection and collection of sale items and take your pick. But don't wait too long, because it could be gone tomorrow.

Shipping time varies and may not be as fast as you would like, but rest assured your item will arrive and be as described. I have never had a bad shopping experience on the site and have always felt I purchased good quality items. Of course this is your responsibility as the customer to do a little research on the item you are looking at and making sure you are getting a good product and price. I won't say all prices are the best, just be a smart consumer and use Bens Outlet if you need an item they are selling.

A rating of 3 out of 4 based on the different needs of each customer. Bens Outlet may not be for everyone, but I like it. Shop with smarts and confidence and you won't be disappointed with Bens Outlet.

Questions? Get answers from the Ben's Outlet staff and other customers.

Ben's Outlet?