Better Business Bureau reviews

Tel: 1 (703) 276.0100
lspodak@council.bbb.org

helmute2
9/5/19

Young Guns are very professional, top notch pricing and workmanship. Was very impressed with the efficiency of work and left the job site clean. I highly recommend this company.

bobbym108
8/29/19

The BBB is nothing more than a pay to play scam. The are a PRIVATE franchise company. You want an A just pay them. BIGGEST scam going.

herbertt17
8/13/19

I bought a Samsung refrigerator less than 2 years ago and I am very dissatisfied with the fridge and with Samsung company and Home Depot One month after I bought fridge the bin for the ice maker cracked and ice went all over shelves. Contacted Samsung and they sent a new one but six months later the same thing happened. Now all the food in the fridge is frozen solid. I called Samsung for 9 days and was told they could not find a service man in my area to come to look at it. All I got was a ticket number and 9 different people to say the same thing. I also called a home depot within 30 miles to ask if they knew where to get a service person and I was told because I did not have an extended warranty their was nothing they could do. I would never recommend a Samsung product to anyone ever . Samsung has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Not only was I calling for 9 days but I spent hours on hold and spoke to 9 different people with the same answer. I have lost hundreds of dollars of food and still noone has solved the problem.

eleanors40
7/1/19

I am afraid fo using binding arbitration from the Better Business Bureau at this point.
1. I filed my honest complaint against my contractor who performed work against code, using wrong materials, was in violation of the contract, never called for inspections, did not call for electrical or roofing permits, the flat roof deck had inadequate structure and the electrical was a fire hazard according to the city and DTE
2. My complaint was answered without facts and merely an assassination of my character. No resolution was offered.
3. I did not accept the non-resolution and wanted the money he took returned when his work resulted in destruction and reconstruction of everything he did.
4. The Better Business Bureau abruptly closed the case stating a) My complaint was past the 12 month statute of limitations (they read my complaint wrong the contractor did not quit until September 2018 and my complaint was filed in the Beginning of May 2019. They said on the phone the complaint has to be filed when the contract is signed. What??? How would I know about the faulty work and no inspections the first day I signed the contract when work had not yet been done.
5. The other reason the Better Business Bureau closed the case was stated as, "The company said they resolved the issue with you" "The company said that you fired them hired a new contractor. The woman even suggested I go to "small claims court" in spite of my repeating that this conflict is worth over $90,000?
6. The Better Business Bureau, when asked, admitted that they did not ask for any proof about any statements made by the company. They just accepted the company's word as fact.
7. When I went in personally with an entire binder of texts, emails, contract, pictures, inspector reports, cost to redo everything the business had done, they acted like they were doing me a favor by re-opening the case and going straight to arbitration. How can I trust people who do not really ask for facts? How can I trust people when a great deal of money is involved.
8. I know that the binding arbitration would be in the hands of a lawyer but they pick from a list. How do I know whether the lawyer has any expertise with contract law and code violations. I have spent weeks and weeks putting things together and they give you a limited time to present your case. The company's attorney just makes arbitrary statements meant to confuse which are unsubstantiated and waste time.

ronw22
6/30/19

The BBB is now a worthless acronym. They have numerous unsatisfactory businesses rated at A and A-. Their ratings are now of no value, and in fact are misleading. The ratings smack of "payola" from the rated businesses.

charlesd378
6/15/19

Shame on the BBB for degrading a small business that has served the community so well, for so many years!
If a small business does not meet their specific criteria, they will post unfair representation of that businesses on the BBB Site.
The BBB is a bureaucratic, self serving company that is out of touch with small business and the average consumer.

carolynp138
6/11/19

In may 2016 I took my car to Meineke, 2625A NE vivion rd.,kcmo 64119 for an oil change. They told me my rotors were bad so I had them change the rotors, approx. 6 months after that they closed their business. I noticed my car jerking about 6 months ago when I stepped on the break. I took my car to another mechanic, he informed me the rotors were bad and I showed him my ticket they were changed about 2 1/2 years ago. I told him to go ahead and put new rotors on but I wanted the old one. When he brought them out, he told me they looked like the original rotors. I have called Meineke headquarters about 6 or 7 times with only 1 call back and was not at home. I have not received any call backs except the one.
I looked up Meineke in Liberty, mo and the reviews were horrible, people called the scam artist, they got ripped off and they also are closed. I realize this was a franchise, but they carried the Meineke name and they should stand behind the work and they don't. I will continue to call them, but be cautious about taking your car to Meineke, especially since they do not stand behind their work. I am a member of angies list and also wrote a bad review, I don't want anyone getting ripped off like myself and so many other people.

ronb350
5/30/19

Just finished processing a complaint with the BBB. Through direct negotiations with the company I filed a complaint against a settlement was reached independently of the BBB. When I informed them the company met my offer, the next day the BBB agent stated they had been notified of the settlement as if they had done anything. I have an email addressed to me directly, not one from the BBB. They did nothing but process my complaint,contact the company and process my rejection of their first offer. I did get an apology for being late responding to me. You are better off considering the relevant consumer protection laws and filing a claim with the Small Claims Court. One line reviews are permissible as evidence from established, credible web sites The BBB is living in their past when they may have been more than a business themselves.If you are a business owner you can buy a good rating with a membership. For example, https://money.cnn.com/2015/09/30/news/better-business-bureau/index.html

jiml330
4/24/19

Dear Tony Lucchesi (of Unlimited Heating and Cooling Inc.Elmhurst, Ill.),

Susan and I are very much pleased with the new furnace/air conditioner installation work you did at our home on April 5th of this year (2019). Prior to that day, your initial visit to our home to inspect the sites (outdoor and indoor) was complete and brief. Your bid for the job came to us two days after. Our reply, and the final signed agreement happened with you within one week, and allowed for the April 5th start.

On the job, you, your adult son, and his assistant all applied the obvious skills of many years in managing the home site HVAC work. You also were all in good humor in your dealing with one another and with us during the work at our home (including managing kindly and well our dog's initial curiosity upon your entering our home). The inside removal/installation labor in a somewhat tight furnace location spot was done well, timely, and also very cleanly. That you had a team of three made it possible to simultaneously do the job's outside compressor removal/installation/venting work in a timely way. You personally attended to the final paperwork in advance of the work done (including the two significant Nicor & ComEd rebate forms ---a nice savings for us!) in such a way that made for an un-rushed and tidy job completion.
The day had begun with you at 7:45AM, and you were done at 3:00PM (if not maybe a little sooner). This was very much how we anticipated things to go time-wise. We are very pleased with your work and enjoyed engaging with you throughout the day. We thank you for your help getting our home ready for the summer heat, and the coming fall/winter's chill. We wish you well in the busy summer work season for your company.---Jim and Susan

Tip for consumers: It is not a certainty that some service/company or product will work for a person when you are not familiar with them. This website serves well....and the company we used

markf425
4/18/19

First off for $500 ANYONE can get a A+ rating with the better business bureau, so don't think they are out to help anyone but themselves.
I had an issue with a insurance company not covering bills, I reported it to the bbb and if you can't or don't have time to respond within 5 days then they automatically close the case instead of doing anything. They emailed me saying they were going to investigate it more in depth and it would take some time. I did not reply, 5 days later they closed the case. I tried to reopen the same case and they called it invalid because they said its a duplicate case. How would you respond to that kind of email anyways, ok, you go ahead and investigate it further.. I'll wait.. wtf.
More like a loop hole for them to not actually do any work.. worthless company!

kathleenf115
1/28/19

We hired Augie's Drain Cleaning/ TJK Plumbing to clean out our bathroom drain. Daniel, our technician, was on time, courteous, friendly, efficient and had our drain cleaned out in roughly 30 minutes. Went over ways we could avoid the drain clogging again in the future, and even went above the call of duty to answer a few unrelated questions to help my husband with another project. We would definitely call TJK/Augie's again and recommend to friends and family.

micheller376
1/9/19

I had a horrendous experience with a local business recently. Despite the receipts that I provided and evidence that this business maintained two websites to deflect criticism of their business, the BBB still gives this business an A+ rating and accreditation.

I will never look to the BBB as a recommendation for a business ever again. I think the BBB is there to help businesses only not consumers.

erins165
12/21/18

It is a very extensive course that prepares you well for working as a medical transcriptionist. It would be nice if there was something like live contact or activities in the course to break up the monotony of typing report after report (and I mean there are A LOT of reports) but I guess practice makes perfect.

leac19
12/19/18

We came here looking for a decent car and decent price and that's exactly what we got! Couldn't be more happy.

dionteb
12/12/18

They worked fast and and was very helpful with getting me in a car fast. I would recommend this dealership to anyone in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

cynthiaw195
12/12/18

Sam Alhout was awesome he was able to help me and get me in a car same day. Super help super nice recommend him to everyone.

tabithac13
12/9/18

I had a very good experience here and i feel good about leaving here today with a newer car. I would definitely recommend this company to my family and friends.

drews52
12/4/18

The BBB is a self-serving, outdated, bloated organization that markets accreditation status to businesses and protects them, rather than the consumer. This "non-profit" supposedly impartial organization receives huge amounts of funding and representation from big business. How's this for a quote:

"Smart Money magazine ran an exposé of the U.S. Council of Better Business Bureaus in which it details the private organization's "too cozy" relationship with some of the businesses it claims to monitor. According to the article, the 112 U.S. BBBs collected $131 million in dues in 2007, comprising 90 percent of their total revenue [source: Parmar]. Perhaps more surprising is that 90 percent of BBB board members are corporate executives from industries that generate large numbers of BBB complaints [source: Garrett]."

Perhaps this is one of the reasons the BBB, Inc. is becoming increasingly irrelevant as a useful forum or service. Like many self-serving non-profits, it has failed to keep up with innovation and grown very insular while lining its own pockets. Look at see how many reviews you'll find there compared to Google or Yelp. Look at all the A+ ratings. Then stop wasting your time with BBB, Inc.

It must be tough watching the steady erosion of what was once almost exclusive control of public opinion in the business sector and a diminishing position of respect and authority.

I would encourage all businesses to stop supporting BBB, Inc. by refusing to buy their once vaunted accreditation status and recognize it for the not-so-subtle form of extortion that it is.

I would also encourage all consumers to use more effective, honest, consumer-based forums for reviews and feedback that are not in bed with the businesses they claim to evaluate.

mikek405
11/2/18

I went to buy a car and the salesman Sam was selling religion and gave my wife and I a bible from his church. He used his religion to lie to us. Nothing he said was true I caught him in so many lies. I bought the vehicle and got the heck out of there.

igop
8/7/18

Did a complain on homeadvisor. Turned out that it was my fault I signed up to scam from homeadvisor.

debbiem295
8/1/18

After a monsoon storm that removed a lot of roof off the east side of our house I was lost on who to call. I noticed a neighbor that was having her roof done and it looked AMAZING. I asked her how she found them she told me she had researched roofers on BBB and Yelp and ProWest was at the top of the list with raving reviews. We had ProWest come out and look at our house, they were quick to come an get us protected from any storms that would have pop up before the roof was replaced. They replaced our roof in a quick and timely manner. All the workers were professional and treated all our concerns in a caring and professional manner. We never had to wait for call backs and they were on it every step of the way. I highly recommend ProWest to anyone who has roof problems.

Thank you ProWest for a painless experience.
Debbie M

scottl148
4/22/18

My shirt fits PERFECT...And it's made well! I love it! It was delivered right on schedule. The color is so bright. I am so pleased!

mikec384
3/6/18

I have ordered from Teespring 4 or 5 times and I love the fit and feel of the tee shirts. The graphics are amazing and stand up over time! I am positive i will order many more in the future!

robertl324
1,167 helpful votes
3/4/18

Every business starts out with a basic 5 star rating if they've had no complaints, and that's fair...But wait!

What this really means is if they haven't had Three complaint in one month..the Same month. If they only have two, then next month that falls off the back as if they've never had any. They stay at 5 stars. But wait!

That's Unresolved complaints. Only those count, and not even these add up. It doesn't mater if they've had hundreds. It doesn't mater if they went to zero stars. If a company can skate for a month they are back to five stars.

The BBB is unapologetic about this. They expect ppl to dig further if they really want to kno, and they make that not only hard, but very hard. There are layers that lead you wrong. When you have backtracked enough to figure that out, there are more layers. They send you back to home each and every time you guess wrong, so you better be prepared with a note pad if you really want to find the back history of the company you're researching. They are Supposed to be on our side, a consumer Protection agency, but I find just the opposite is true.

They Will contact a company, and if they don't resolve your complaint, the BBB will lead you..not do..to other means of continuing, but that's it. After that you're on your own, and even that does not always happen. The BBB is good at stalling, and flat ignoring you. So it's one thing at a time, sometimes, with them, and if what they do do doesn't work, who do you complain to, the BBB? Well you could do that of course, but remember, next month what happens.

dinae6
2/11/18

I used to trust the BBB, and swore by them. That was back in the 80s/90s. Fast forward to today. If you want to know how good a business is, ask friends and family, check out yelp and google reviews, but DO NOT use the BBB as your resource. They refuse or just plain won't post reviews or complaints if it doesn't fit their agenda.

In this last case, and there have been others but this one takes the cake, the business had an A+ rating on the BBB. There were no complaints filed or reviews posted, at least so it seemed. I submitted my complaint and after back-and-forth between me and the business (the business even claiming I was harassing them because of using the BBB), the BBB quickly deemed my complaint as "invalid". How can a complaint be invalid if it really happened? I emailed them and asked for clarification, and was told that they wouldn't allow a complaint against a company that I had previously took to small claims (case was already over), but that I could post a review. I then submitted a review, the business again responded that by me doing this I was harassing them, so the BBB made the decision to reject my review. No reason given other than it seemed filing a negative complaint or review is bad for their business and they don't want any part of that. They don't want to taint someone's A+ standing even though it's undeserved.

I filed a complaint with the main BBB and to date, haven't heard a word.

To make a long story short, NEVER ever use the BBB as your resource when choosing a business. The BBB brushes negative feedback and reviews under the rug.

4 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I have never had a problem with the BBB taking and resolving a complaint. Even if the business is not a member of the BBB I always get a great resolution. The problem is people do not use them or do not want to take the time to file a complaint. The rating system is based on the size of the business. If I have 1mil customers and I get 1k complaints it is going to be a different rating as if I has 100k customers and I get 1k complaints. It is percentage based. I would say that if you are a legitimate business with legitimate business practices, you have nothing to worry about. If you are complaining here that your rating sucks or the BBB is a scam then you are going to be looked at as a crooked company or individual. I am just one voice but I know there are several people out there like myself that will not do business with a company that has a low rating. I for one use several resources like BBB, ROR, SiteJabber, and others. I am thankful for the job that the BBB does.

By Robert S.

Questions? Get answers from the Better Business Bureau staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Better Business Bureau