Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau has a consumer rating of 2.41 stars from 105 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Better Business Bureau also ranks 19th among Consumer Protection sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 27.3%

• The Better Business Bureau is online and ready to help in the continuing struggle against shoddy business practices.

• What this really means is if they haven't had Three complaint in one month..the Same month.
  • I have worked hard for the last 3 years at my business and I find this to company to be an insult to business'.
How would you rate Better Business Bureau?

“Nexus Letter”

Ronald E.
3/5/20

Oftentimes, I know it's very difficult to try and convince the VA that your civilian doctor's opinion should mean something; especially when you're trying to increased VA disability compensation. Thanks to American Medical Experts, the civilian doctor's opinion was transformed into a language the VA can understand. Win, lose, or draw; I highly recommend their services for a job well done. Again, I was totally impressed with their services and without a doubt you got m vote! Sincerely, Ron E.

“Do not use this business! Other complaints taken off his website”

Eleanor S.
3/17/20

This was a complete hoax and a nightmare. I provided a 15 inch binder filled with pictures of the contractors shoddy work, the contract which he violated using materials which were not stated, statements by honest people who had to rip out everything the contractor did and they went to binding arbitration which is a joke. The arbitrator was a disbarred attorney who lost her license to practice law because she was found guilty of bribery, misdirection of funds, stealing from her clients, collusion with the opposing counsel, and the list went on. I did not find this out until after the fact, but she was not to be doing work in this capacity especially in front of my attorney. She kept telling him to shut up. She refused to allow him to question my six credible witnesses who had to repair the damage after the contractor quit accusing me of "creating a hostile work environment" and that "I was a threat to his workers". As if I could be a threat to three 6 foot men, whom I rarely saw, and who didn't speak English. The companies pay the BBB to be members, pay to keep the A+ rating (I found 33 complaints buried on another site), and pay to put BBB with the A+ rating on the company website. Non of the people I have worked with in the past are on the BBB and going forward, if they are I will run the other way. I can add photos of the mess they ignored later.

complaint (38) business practices (5) company (30) work (19) business owner (4) business bureau (20) rating system (3)
eleanors118
March 17th, 2020
karenm1888
May 24th, 2020
The bbb is supported by business, supporters can and will have any reviews that have a strong facts and pic's be hide alter or removed. upon requesting a copy of the coreasponds of both parties you will only recive you're the complaint side, not business. any and all my reviews have been removed from all web sites, know people in hy places has it's rewards.
josee122
March 10th, 2020
I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on eBay and of course they contacted eBay as they would do. Of course you already know that this company is powerless to resolve complaints. eBay acted like they were trying to come up with a solution and credited me what I asked for but the credit remained on their site and I could not do anything with it so eBay erased that credit. I responded on BBB.org stating I was dissatisfied with the results and they closed my complaint as resolved. Keep in mind that BBB.org is a company that is paid to rate these corporations so I recommend not using them for any type of complaint of advice.
coryc62
December 16th, 2019
Why has my stray dog not been listed yet after 3 months. You also assured you would help with food, vets and a kennel. Still... NOTHING. NOT EVEN A REPLY. YOUR SITE IS A WASTE OF TIME AND GIVES FALSE HOPE. YOU SHOULD BE DISMISSED AND ASHAMED.
ronalde238
March 5th, 2020

Sincerely,

Ron E.
charityc27
January 26th, 2020
I am writing this because people need to know the truth. Yes, kidscasting is just a network BUT they are dishonest and not legit. They steal audition calls from companies and casting directors who post them for FREE. They post them long after roles have been cast. Yes, you may see reviews from parents saying good things but they are praising the fact that they got to do pay to plays mostly. You should NEVER pay to walk a runway, have an agent, or audition for anything. There are free networks like Actor's Access that post breakdowns for free. The agencies kidscasting advertises are the Scammy ones who run photo mill scams and are not legit. When you sign up for their network your information has now been sold to every scam artist in the business. Stay away! Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YlZ_srT6e4
micheller376
January 9th, 2019
I had a horrendous experience with a local business recently. Despite the receipts that I provided and evidence that this business maintained two websites to deflect criticism of their business, the BBB still gives this business an A+ rating and accreditation.

I will never look to the BBB as a recommendation for a business ever again. I think the BBB is there to help businesses only not consumers.
michaelz262
November 8th, 2019
JR Luxury Bath did a fantastic job installing a new shower for us. It is simply beautiful. The installer was very professional and explained everything to us. I would highly recommend them to everyone.
markf425
April 18th, 2019
First off for $500 ANYONE can get a A+ rating with the better business bureau, so don't think they are out to help anyone but themselves.
I had an issue with a insurance company not covering bills, I reported it to the bbb and if you can't or don't have time to respond within 5 days then they automatically close the case instead of doing anything. They emailed me saying they were going to investigate it more in depth and it would take some time. I did not reply, 5 days later they closed the case. I tried to reopen the same case and they called it invalid because they said its a duplicate case. How would you respond to that kind of email anyways, ok, you go ahead and investigate it further.. I'll wait.. wtf.
More like a loop hole for them to not actually do any work.. worthless company!
charlesd378
June 15th, 2019
Shame on the BBB for degrading a small business that has served the community so well, for so many years!
If a small business does not meet their specific criteria, they will post unfair representation of that businesses on the BBB Site.
The BBB is a bureaucratic, self serving company that is out of touch with small business and the average consumer.
kathleenf115
January 28th, 2019
We hired Augie's Drain Cleaning/ TJK Plumbing to clean out our bathroom drain. Daniel, our technician, was on time, courteous, friendly, efficient and had our drain cleaned out in roughly 30 minutes. Went over ways we could avoid the drain clogging again in the future, and even went above the call of duty to answer a few unrelated questions to help my husband with another project. We would definitely call TJK/Augie's again and recommend to friends and family.
igop
August 7th, 2018
Did a complain on homeadvisor. Turned out that it was my fault I signed up to scam from homeadvisor.
herbertt17
August 13th, 2019
I bought a Samsung refrigerator less than 2 years ago and I am very dissatisfied with the fridge and with Samsung company and Home Depot One month after I bought fridge the bin for the ice maker cracked and ice went all over shelves. Contacted Samsung and they sent a new one but six months later the same thing happened. Now all the food in the fridge is frozen solid. I called Samsung for 9 days and was told they could not find a service man in my area to come to look at it. All I got was a ticket number and 9 different people to say the same thing. I also called a home depot within 30 miles to ask if they knew where to get a service person and I was told because I did not have an extended warranty their was nothing they could do. I would never recommend a Samsung product to anyone ever . Samsung has the worst customer service I have ever seen. Not only was I calling for 9 days but I spent hours on hold and spoke to 9 different people with the same answer. I have lost hundreds of dollars of food and still noone has solved the problem.
erins165
December 21st, 2018
It is a very extensive course that prepares you well for working as a medical transcriptionist. It would be nice if there was something like live contact or activities in the course to break up the monotony of typing report after report (and I mean there are A LOT of reports) but I guess practice makes perfect.
eleanors40
July 1st, 2019
I am afraid fo using binding arbitration from the Better Business Bureau at this point.
1. I filed my honest complaint against my contractor who performed work against code, using wrong materials, was in violation of the contract, never called for inspections, did not call for electrical or roofing permits, the flat roof deck had inadequate structure and the electrical was a fire hazard according to the city and DTE
2. My complaint was answered without facts and merely an assassination of my character. No resolution was offered.
3. I did not accept the non-resolution and wanted the money he took returned when his work resulted in destruction and reconstruction of everything he did.
4. The Better Business Bureau abruptly closed the case stating a) My complaint was past the 12 month statute of limitations (they read my complaint wrong the contractor did not quit until September 2018 and my complaint was filed in the Beginning of May 2019. They said on the phone the complaint has to be filed when the contract is signed. What??? How would I know about the faulty work and no inspections the first day I signed the contract when work had not yet been done.
5. The other reason the Better Business Bureau closed the case was stated as, "The company said they resolved the issue with you" "The company said that you fired them hired a new contractor. The woman even suggested I go to "small claims court" in spite of my repeating that this conflict is worth over $90,000?
6. The Better Business Bureau, when asked, admitted that they did not ask for any proof about any statements made by the company. They just accepted the company's word as fact.
7. When I went in personally with an entire binder of texts, emails, contract, pictures, inspector reports, cost to redo everything the business had done, they acted like they were doing me a favor by re-opening the case and going straight to arbitration. How can I trust people who do not really ask for facts? How can I trust people when a great deal of money is involved.
8. I know that the binding arbitration would be in the hands of a lawyer but they pick from a list. How do I know whether the lawyer has any expertise with contract law and code violations. I have spent weeks and weeks putting things together and they give you a limited time to present your case. The company's attorney just makes arbitrary statements meant to confuse which are unsubstantiated and waste time.
bobbym108
August 29th, 2019
The BBB is nothing more than a pay to play scam. The are a PRIVATE franchise company. You want an A just pay them. BIGGEST scam going.
helmute2
September 5th, 2019
Young Guns are very professional, top notch pricing and workmanship. Was very impressed with the efficiency of work and left the job site clean. I highly recommend this company.
ronw22
June 30th, 2019
The BBB is now a worthless acronym. They have numerous unsatisfactory businesses rated at A and A-. Their ratings are now of no value, and in fact are misleading. The ratings smack of "payola" from the rated businesses.
carolynp138
June 11th, 2019
In may 2016 I took my car to Meineke, 2625A NE vivion rd.,kcmo 64119 for an oil change. They told me my rotors were bad so I had them change the rotors, approx. 6 months after that they closed their business. I noticed my car jerking about 6 months ago when I stepped on the break. I took my car to another mechanic, he informed me the rotors were bad and I showed him my ticket they were changed about 2 1/2 years ago. I told him to go ahead and put new rotors on but I wanted the old one. When he brought them out, he told me they looked like the original rotors. I have called Meineke headquarters about 6 or 7 times with only 1 call back and was not at home. I have not received any call backs except the one.
I looked up Meineke in Liberty, mo and the reviews were horrible, people called the scam artist, they got ripped off and they also are closed. I realize this was a franchise, but they carried the Meineke name and they should stand behind the work and they don't. I will continue to call them, but be cautious about taking your car to Meineke, especially since they do not stand behind their work. I am a member of angies list and also wrote a bad review, I don't want anyone getting ripped off like myself and so many other people.
jiml330
April 24th, 2019
Dear Tony Lucchesi (of Unlimited Heating and Cooling Inc.Elmhurst, Ill.),

Susan and I are very much pleased with the new furnace/air conditioner installation work you did at our home on April 5th of this year (2019). Prior to that day, your initial visit to our home to inspect the sites (outdoor and indoor) was complete and brief. Your bid for the job came to us two days after. Our reply, and the final signed agreement happened with you within one week, and allowed for the April 5th start.

On the job, you, your adult son, and his assistant all applied the obvious skills of many years in managing the home site HVAC work. You also were all in good humor in your dealing with one another and with us during the work at our home (including managing kindly and well our dog's initial curiosity upon your entering our home). The inside removal/installation labor in a somewhat tight furnace location spot was done well, timely, and also very cleanly. That you had a team of three made it possible to simultaneously do the job's outside compressor removal/installation/venting work in a timely way. You personally attended to the final paperwork in advance of the work done (including the two significant Nicor & ComEd rebate forms ---a nice savings for us!) in such a way that made for an un-rushed and tidy job completion.
The day had begun with you at 7:45AM, and you were done at 3:00PM (if not maybe a little sooner). This was very much how we anticipated things to go time-wise. We are very pleased with your work and enjoyed engaging with you throughout the day. We thank you for your help getting our home ready for the summer heat, and the coming fall/winter's chill. We wish you well in the busy summer work season for your company.---Jim and Susan

Tip for consumers: It is not a certainty that some service/company or product will work for a person when you are not familiar with them. This website serves well....and the company we used

mikek405
November 2nd, 2018
I went to buy a car and the salesman Sam was selling religion and gave my wife and I a bible from his church. He used his religion to lie to us. Nothing he said was true I caught him in so many lies. I bought the vehicle and got the heck out of there.
sarahl78
March 26th, 2015
BBB.org Is running a pay for play scheme in which the big companies are awarded an "A" rating for hefty membership fees. BBB should be shut down by the federal trade commission.
Reviews and ratings are only posted after careful review and approval from companies like Care.com and other fraudulent .com companies that have a terrible reputation for horrible and unethical business practices. Who can you trust? No one!
chinam7
August 10th, 2016
In my recent dealings with the Better Business Bureau my case was closed citing the either or statement. BBB has not heard back from the consumer as to their satisfaction with the business's response, or the business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer remains dissatisfied. There is nor "or" I responded on August 4, 2016 and received nothing from the BBB or the company in question other than the announcement of closure on August, 10, 2016. The company failed to respond. The BBB now refuses to amend this document to reflect accurately the situation as if adding "or" makes claims about my lack of response anymore truthful. Impartiality does not give one the right to use falsehoods because they feel the word "or" infers a may or may not be true scenario. The picture below shows I indeed responded making the statement: BBB has not heard back from the consumer as to their satisfaction with the business's response... false. As such this statement should be removed from the document and the document should accurately reflect that the company in question chose not to respond. The only correct way for the statement to read is as follows: "BBB has not heard back from the business as to their satisfaction with the consumer's response, or the business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer remains dissatisfied."
tracyf133
October 10th, 2019
I work at Walmart and as I was leaving work there was a nice young and her baby getting into Rainbow Cab 851. as the cab driver was helping her load her groceries, he was fussing at her and she was looking very afraid and sad. I asked him why was he talking to her like that he told me to shut up and mind my f..king business. after he told me that him another guy got into an heated argument about him talking to me and young lady the way he was. he kept jumping in and out his cab keeping up the argument. he made the baby cry the mother had to unstrap her out the car seat. and stand outside the cab to console her. I asked the lady was she ok, she said she really didn't want to ride with him but I guess she was to afraid to unload her groceries .then the cabdriver started taunting me saying you come pick up this case of water and put it in my van. I told him he was being silly and that I was going to report him. he started talking about people in America and jumped into his cab and drove off. this cab driver looked as if though he was leaving the parking lot but came back around to me and the other guy and said "YALL SOME $#*!S THATS WHY WHITE PEOPLE TREAT YALL LIKE $#*!S!" this man I believe to be Somolian He work for Rainbow cab out of Minneapolis MN, company Driver 851, Plate# VVU976. Im very upset that Rainbow Cab Co. have someone like this representing their business this way. THIS IS NOT OK!
Im so glad Walmart have cameras because its all on video. Tracy F.
dionteb
December 12th, 2018
They worked fast and and was very helpful with getting me in a car fast. I would recommend this dealership to anyone in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

I have never had a problem with the BBB taking and resolving a complaint. Even if the business is not a member of the BBB I always get a great resolution. The problem is people do not use them or do not want to take the time to file a complaint. The rating system is based on the size of the business. If I have 1mil customers and I get 1k complaints it is going to be a different rating as if I has 100k customers and I get 1k complaints. It is percentage based. I would say that if you are a legitimate business with legitimate business practices, you have nothing to worry about. If you are complaining here that your rating sucks or the BBB is a scam then you are going to be looked at as a crooked company or individual. I am just one voice but I know there are several people out there like myself that will not do business with a company that has a low rating. I for one use several resources like BBB, ROR, SiteJabber, and others. I am thankful for the job that the BBB does.

By Robert S.