Better Business Bureau reviews

Tel: 1 (703) 276.0100
lspodak@council.bbb.org

micheller376
1/9/19

I had a horrendous experience with a local business recently. Despite the receipts that I provided and evidence that this business maintained two websites to deflect criticism of their business, the BBB still gives this business an A+ rating and accreditation.

I will never look to the BBB as a recommendation for a business ever again. I think the BBB is there to help businesses only not consumers.

raneea
1/9/19

The better business bureau is basically a scam. To get companies to have rated score about their business that may or may not be true. Despite the fact I've tried to write several posts regarding happenings and transactions not every one gets posted. Even if they are slightly positive. Even when I have tried to file a complaint with them some times you're still better off hiring a lawyer for the really big issues. This place doesn't to do justice. You might as well just contact the company's customer service line if you have a complaint to a customer.

erins165
12/21/18

It is a very extensive course that prepares you well for working as a medical transcriptionist. It would be nice if there was something like live contact or activities in the course to break up the monotony of typing report after report (and I mean there are A LOT of reports) but I guess practice makes perfect.

leac19
12/19/18

We came here looking for a decent car and decent price and that's exactly what we got! Couldn't be more happy.

dionteb
12/12/18

They worked fast and and was very helpful with getting me in a car fast. I would recommend this dealership to anyone in the Cleveland, Ohio area.

cynthiaw195
12/12/18

Sam Alhout was awesome he was able to help me and get me in a car same day. Super help super nice recommend him to everyone.

tabithac13
12/9/18

I had a very good experience here and i feel good about leaving here today with a newer car. I would definitely recommend this company to my family and friends.

drews52
12/4/18

The BBB is a self-serving, outdated, bloated organization that markets accreditation status to businesses and protects them, rather than the consumer. This "non-profit" supposedly impartial organization receives huge amounts of funding and representation from big business. How's this for a quote:

"Smart Money magazine ran an exposé of the U.S. Council of Better Business Bureaus in which it details the private organization's "too cozy" relationship with some of the businesses it claims to monitor. According to the article, the 112 U.S. BBBs collected $131 million in dues in 2007, comprising 90 percent of their total revenue [source: Parmar]. Perhaps more surprising is that 90 percent of BBB board members are corporate executives from industries that generate large numbers of BBB complaints [source: Garrett]."

Perhaps this is one of the reasons the BBB, Inc. is becoming increasingly irrelevant as a useful forum or service. Like many self-serving non-profits, it has failed to keep up with innovation and grown very insular while lining its own pockets. Look at see how many reviews you'll find there compared to Google or Yelp. Look at all the A+ ratings. Then stop wasting your time with BBB, Inc.

It must be tough watching the steady erosion of what was once almost exclusive control of public opinion in the business sector and a diminishing position of respect and authority.

I would encourage all businesses to stop supporting BBB, Inc. by refusing to buy their once vaunted accreditation status and recognize it for the not-so-subtle form of extortion that it is.

I would also encourage all consumers to use more effective, honest, consumer-based forums for reviews and feedback that are not in bed with the businesses they claim to evaluate.

loloj2
11/18/18

After a monsoon storm that removed a lot of roof off the east side of our house I was lost on who to call. I noticed a neighbor that was having her roof done and it looked AMAZING. I asked her how she found them she told me she had researched roofers on BBB and Yelp and ProWest was at the top of the list with raving reviews. We had ProWest come out and look at our house, they were quick to come an get us protected from any storms that would have pop up before the roof was replaced. They replaced our roof in a quick and timely manner. All the workers were professional and treated all our concerns in a caring and professional manner. We never had to wait for call backs and they were on it every step of the way. I highly recommend ProWest to anyone who has roof problems.

mikek405
11/2/18

I went to buy a car and the salesman Sam was selling religion and gave my wife and I a bible from his church. He used his religion to lie to us. Nothing he said was true I caught him in so many lies. I bought the vehicle and got the heck out of there.

igop
8/7/18

Did a complain on homeadvisor. Turned out that it was my fault I signed up to scam from homeadvisor.

debbiem295
8/1/18

Thank you ProWest for a painless experience.
Debbie M

scottl148
4/22/18

My shirt fits PERFECT...And it's made well! I love it! It was delivered right on schedule. The color is so bright. I am so pleased!

mikec384
3/6/18

I have ordered from Teespring 4 or 5 times and I love the fit and feel of the tee shirts. The graphics are amazing and stand up over time! I am positive i will order many more in the future!

robertl324
1,144 helpful votes
3/4/18

Every business starts out with a basic 5 star rating if they've had no complaints, and that's fair...But wait!

What this really means is if they haven't had Three complaint in one month..the Same month. If they only have two, then next month that falls off the back as if they've never had any. They stay at 5 stars. But wait!

That's Unresolved complaints. Only those count, and not even these add up. It doesn't mater if they've had hundreds. It doesn't mater if they went to zero stars. If a company can skate for a month they are back to five stars.

The BBB is unapologetic about this. They expect ppl to dig further if they really want to kno, and they make that not only hard, but very hard. There are layers that lead you wrong. When you have backtracked enough to figure that out, there are more layers. They send you back to home each and every time you guess wrong, so you better be prepared with a note pad if you really want to find the back history of the company you're researching. They are Supposed to be on our side, a consumer Protection agency, but I find just the opposite is true.

They Will contact a company, and if they don't resolve your complaint, the BBB will lead you..not do..to other means of continuing, but that's it. After that you're on your own, and even that does not always happen. The BBB is good at stalling, and flat ignoring you. So it's one thing at a time, sometimes, with them, and if what they do do doesn't work, who do you complain to, the BBB? Well you could do that of course, but remember, next month what happens.

dinae6
2/11/18

I used to trust the BBB, and swore by them. That was back in the 80s/90s. Fast forward to today. If you want to know how good a business is, ask friends and family, check out yelp and google reviews, but DO NOT use the BBB as your resource. They refuse or just plain won't post reviews or complaints if it doesn't fit their agenda.

In this last case, and there have been others but this one takes the cake, the business had an A+ rating on the BBB. There were no complaints filed or reviews posted, at least so it seemed. I submitted my complaint and after back-and-forth between me and the business (the business even claiming I was harassing them because of using the BBB), the BBB quickly deemed my complaint as "invalid". How can a complaint be invalid if it really happened? I emailed them and asked for clarification, and was told that they wouldn't allow a complaint against a company that I had previously took to small claims (case was already over), but that I could post a review. I then submitted a review, the business again responded that by me doing this I was harassing them, so the BBB made the decision to reject my review. No reason given other than it seemed filing a negative complaint or review is bad for their business and they don't want any part of that. They don't want to taint someone's A+ standing even though it's undeserved.

I filed a complaint with the main BBB and to date, haven't heard a word.

To make a long story short, NEVER ever use the BBB as your resource when choosing a business. The BBB brushes negative feedback and reviews under the rug.

lindam489
12/19/17

I have bought several tshirts and hoodies from tspring over the last couple of years. Loved everyone of them. Quality product and fast shipping. I will continue to buy from them for a long time to come.

kh650
12/14/17

Site not updated correctly. A+ ratings for business with loads of complaints? Cut me a break. What is their point?

kriss91
10/6/17

I'm dealing with BBB.ORG across the US. The website is prone to an Webpage error 500 to many of the offices. I really think the BBB at best is ineffectual and at worst a shill for the business you're attempting to get resolution for. They obviously favor businesses over the individual when responding. They gave one business 6 months to respond and only allowed me a week for my rebuttal.

They have very confusing, nonsensical rating system. A business can get a rating of A+ but have all complaints and negative reviews. When asked why, a vacuous answer was provided.

I'm dealing with the Austin office most recently and it's clear that the "dispute resolution specialist" favors business enough to distort or ignore the meaning of words in the Oxford dictionary.

I think, This problem stems from the fact that the BBB sells subscriptions to businesses for their rating and decal. This translates into the BBB becoming captured by their clients. They are captured because if the BBB presses too hard, the Businesses would not seek the rating. Perhaps if the BBB had a subscription service for individuals, we pay for the opinions we want and could get an equal footing.

lynneg14
9/24/17

The Better Business Bureau (BBB in Washington, D.C.) allowed me (the consumer) only half an hour to respond online to a businesss response to my written complaint. BBB gave no warning beforehand of this time limit. BBB neither publicly posted nor acknowledged (in the negative review category) either of my submitted letters on the American Medical Experts (AME) company. BBB also subsequently removed most of the public content of another consumer's negative review of the AME business yet still publicly posted AME's response to that consumer. BBB stated complaint details [were] unavailable with that consumers complaint as well as with mine. I would be curious to know how BBB justifies its A+ business rating for the AME business.

In handling another related case, the Washington, D.C. office seemed a little rude. The BBB said they couldn't help with my complaint against American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) because no financial transaction took place. The BBB website states, however, that the BBB addresses service complaints that focus on misrepresentation or violation of business policy.

When I sent my same review to a different BBB regarding this same AAD organization in its other business location of Chicago, BBB stated it couldn't process my AAD complaint for completely different reasons than what the Washington D.C. BBB stated. The Chicago BBB gave such reasons as 1) I'm requesting some sort of "disclosure of practices." [I don't know what BBB even meant by that.] BBB also twice wrongly told me 2) that I was filing a complaint with them against a doctor's office, which they don't handle, so I wrote back each time stating that no, this complaint was against the AAD. The Chicago BBB also said 3) they couldn't act as my lawyer or cop. I did not expect them to. They said other nonsensical things, such as 4) how I'm writing to them with a personal complaint, which they stated they can't handle. But they also said that I was 5) writing this complaint on behalf of other people, so they couldn't deal with that, either. They said several other things that also didn't make sense or didnt apply.

In response to the Washington D.C. BBB's response to me on google: I did try repeatedly to contact AAD and got no response from the organization (as I already showed BBB), and I did already try filing the complaint with BBB but to no avail. The BBB provided examples of complaint cases they wouldn't handle, cases that were not similar to mine. I was asking the BBB to direct the AAD to act on its avowed principles to serve patients and honor social responsibility, rigorous inquiry, professionalism, and lifelong learning.

In response to the Chicago BBB message to me on google: I wasn't asking for BBB or AAD to determine if another dermatology office had been careless. I was asking BBB for help in getting the AAD to stand by its promises to consumers.

daisya9
9/4/17

https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/schools-home-study/stanley-high-school-in-rego-park-ny-148313 i guess its not .

ms423
6/10/17

Just google "BBB 20 20" to see what a scam the BBB is!

NOT TO BE TRUSTED! They take money from businesses to erase complaints and give good scores. Don't pay, get an F

rudyg2
1/23/17

The bbb is a joke! Anyone can go to google and type: BBB 20 20

You'll see the undercover investigation by ABC News showing how the outfit is running!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT IS A MEMBER OF THE BBB, RUN LIKE HELL!!!

Watch the investigation, the bbb's system takes money from many bad businesses and makes them look good FOR MONEY!

Good honest businesses don't need the better business bureau, think about it and watch the news video on google!

debs60
12/14/16

I have researched many companies with the BBB. I see companies on their site with thousands of unresolved complaints that are rated B+ instead of F. Which means their reviews are unreliable and therefore USELESS.

sharonz6
12/7/16

There are some pretty awful companies who have O.K. ratings as BBB does them rather than considering consumer input or complaints. Unlike other consumer organizations, they are difficult to communicate with and it isn't clear whether they have or how they have communicated with the business when you have filed a complaint.

4 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I have never had a problem with the BBB taking and resolving a complaint. Even if the business is not a member of the BBB I always get a great resolution. The problem is people do not use them or do not want to take the time to file a complaint. The rating system is based on the size of the business. If I have 1mil customers and I get 1k complaints it is going to be a different rating as if I has 100k customers and I get 1k complaints. It is percentage based. I would say that if you are a legitimate business with legitimate business practices, you have nothing to worry about. If you are complaining here that your rating sucks or the BBB is a scam then you are going to be looked at as a crooked company or individual. I am just one voice but I know there are several people out there like myself that will not do business with a company that has a low rating. I for one use several resources like BBB, ROR, SiteJabber, and others. I am thankful for the job that the BBB does.

By Robert S.

Questions? Get answers from the Better Business Bureau staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Better Business Bureau