Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau has a consumer rating of 2.44 stars from 117 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Better Business Bureau most frequently mention better business problems. Better Business Bureau ranks 7th among Consumer Protection sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 27.3%

No positive highlights yet

• What this really means is if they haven't had Three complaint in one month.
  • Com companies that have a terrible reputation for horrible and unethical business practices.
How would you rate Better Business Bureau?

“Nexus Letter”

Ronald E.
3/5/20

Oftentimes, I know it's very difficult to try and convince the VA that your civilian doctor's opinion should mean something; especially when you're trying to increased VA disability compensation. Thanks to American Medical Experts, the civilian doctor's opinion was transformed into a language the VA can understand. Win, lose, or draw; I highly recommend their services for a job well done. Again, I was totally impressed with their services and without a doubt you got m vote! Sincerely, Ron E.

“Horrible People”

Jane M.
3/27/21

Horrible people working at Better Business Bureau. Genuinely worst interactions of my life. I can't believe they're still functioning with the way they treat people. Despicable.

complaint (40) business practices (5) company (31) work (19) business owner (4) business bureau (21) rating system (3)
janem891
March 27th, 2021

thade11
March 31st, 2021

Do not use Independant solar or Jay Johnson for any solar needs! His work is unsafe we found out the hard way. We had to hire a second solar company to rewire and repair all of jays work! We never were paid back for our battery that we never recieved or rebate money or work that was never done. Jay Is a liar a thief and a con man.

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from independan solar and Jason Johnson he is a con man

ronalde238
March 5th, 2020

Sincerely,

Ron E.

eleanors118
March 17th, 2020

This was a complete hoax and a nightmare. I provided a 15 inch binder filled with pictures of the contractors shoddy work, the contract which he violated using materials which were not stated, statements by honest people who had to rip out everything the contractor did and they went to binding arbitration which is a joke. The arbitrator was a disbarred attorney who lost her license to practice law because she was found guilty of bribery, misdirection of funds, stealing from her clients, collusion with the opposing counsel, and the list went on. I did not find this out until after the fact, but she was not to be doing work in this capacity especially in front of my attorney. She kept telling him to shut up. She refused to allow him to question my six credible witnesses who had to repair the damage after the contractor quit accusing me of "creating a hostile work environment" and that "I was a threat to his workers". As if I could be a threat to three 6 foot men, whom I rarely saw, and who didn't speak English. The companies pay the BBB to be members, pay to keep the A+ rating (I found 33 complaints buried on another site), and pay to put BBB with the A+ rating on the company website. Non of the people I have worked with in the past are on the BBB and going forward, if they are I will run the other way. I can add photos of the mess they ignored later.

robertl324
1,440 helpful votes
March 4th, 2018

Every business starts out with a basic 5 star rating if they've had no complaints, and that's fair... But wait!

What this really means is if they haven't had Three complaint in one month. The Same month. If they only have two, then next month that falls off the back as if they've never had any. They stay at 5 stars. But wait!

That's Unresolved complaints. Only those count, and not even these add up. It doesn't mater if they've had hundreds. It doesn't mater if they went to zero stars. If a company can skate for a month they are back to five stars.

The BBB is unapologetic about this. They expect ppl to dig further if they really want to kno, and they make that not only hard, but very hard. There are layers that lead you wrong. When you have backtracked enough to figure that out, there are more layers. They send you back to home each and every time you guess wrong, so you better be prepared with a note pad if you really want to find the back history of the company you're researching. They are Supposed to be on our side, a consumer Protection agency, but I find just the opposite is true.

They Will contact a company, and if they don't resolve your complaint, the BBB will lead you. Not do. To other means of continuing, but that's it. After that you're on your own, and even that does not always happen. The BBB is good at stalling, and flat ignoring you. So it's one thing at a time, sometimes, with them, and if what they do do doesn't work, who do you complain to, the BBB? Well you could do that of course, but remember, next month what happens.

sharonz6
December 7th, 2016

There are some pretty awful companies who have O. K. ratings as BBB does them rather than considering consumer input or complaints. Unlike other consumer organizations, they are difficult to communicate with and it isn't clear whether they have or how they have communicated with the business when you have filed a complaint.

karenm1888
May 24th, 2020

The bbb is supported by business, supporters can and will have any reviews that have a strong facts and pic's be hide alter or removed. Upon requesting a copy of the coreasponds of both parties you will only recive you're the complaint side, not business. Any and all my reviews have been removed from all web sites, know people in hy places has it's rewards.

caroll952
March 17th, 2021

RiverRunners Estate Sales conducted a sale of all our house contents in March 2021. From the beginning we knew that we were in good hands. Dennis explained their team's process and our responsibilities. All items were set up beautifully for the sale. Three days of sale were advertised and carried out according to plan. Clean-up was as promised. We were very happy with their work. Ross and Carol

shevias
July 9th, 2021

I have been a member of Inbox Dollars. For a while and I can truly say their survey site is so awesome! Lots of. Fun ways to earn with them.

josee122
March 10th, 2020

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on eBay and of course they contacted eBay as they would do. Of course you already know that this company is powerless to resolve complaints. EBay acted like they were trying to come up with a solution and credited me what I asked for but the credit remained on their site and I could not do anything with it so eBay erased that credit. I responded on BBB.org stating I was dissatisfied with the results and they closed my complaint as resolved. Keep in mind that BBB.org is a company that is paid to rate these corporations so I recommend not using them for any type of complaint of advice.

benb166
March 31st, 2018

What more can I say? The title say it all.
Most business have high grades even if they've more negative than positive, go figure

akn6
December 22nd, 2020

BBB is a total SCAM. They are a complete waste. They take money from business to pay the highest salary in the industry. They are just another SCAM

ronb350
May 30th, 2019

Just finished processing a complaint with the BBB. Through direct negotiations with the company I filed a complaint against a settlement was reached independently of the BBB. When I informed them the company met my offer, the next day the BBB agent stated they had been notified of the settlement as if they had done anything. I have an email addressed to me directly, not one from the BBB. They did nothing but process my complaint, contact the company and process my rejection of their first offer. I did get an apology for being late responding to me. You are better off considering the relevant consumer protection laws and filing a claim with the Small Claims Court. One line reviews are permissible as evidence from established, credible web sites The BBB is living in their past when they may have been more than a business themselves.If you are a business owner you can buy a good rating with a membership. For example, https://money.cnn.com/2015/09/30/news/better-business-bureau/index.html

mahendras16
December 25th, 2020
Verified purchase

Recently I filed a complaint against Cheapoair.com with NYC BBB. After the company responded and I refused, and the company responded again and I refused again, BBB closed the complaint with the following observation:
"The business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer either (a) did not accept the response, OR (b) did not notify BBB as to their satisfaction."

So, the BBB acted as judge, jury, and executioner to decide that (A) the company had responded to my issues, and (B) the consumer was at fault for not accepting the company response.

If they wanted to be fair, unbiased, and neutral, this is what they should have said:
"The consumer and business exchanged their positions and issues but couldn't reach an agreement. The consumer is dissatisfied with the business response".

A completely useless and biased organization that is a protector of companies, not of consumers.

Tip for consumers:
Don't use this company. Go directly to small claims court.

Products used:
None

brandons53
June 1st, 2021

I love the better business bureau they are very helpful with what they can help you with. They can only do so much but I use the bbb all the time when a problem occurs with someone that tries to rip me off. I file a complaint and it usually gets solved.

Tip for consumers:
Definitely recommend bbb to anyone who needs help with customer service issues.

kh650
K H.
December 14th, 2017

Site not updated correctly. A+ ratings for business with loads of complaints? Cut me a break. What is their point?

edh351
August 21st, 2020

They don't care about consumers, they get their money from the people who rip you off, like Frontier Communications a company that will soon be out of business because it is so poorly run at the top, (Corporate Level).

Despite what their sales people might tell you, (Bait & Switch) Frontier Communications does not do TV any more. Their cable TV is from AT&T. So to get you to switch, Frontier Communications slowly takes the TV channels that you have been watching for four years and turns them into "subscription only" channels. To top it off they have removed approximately 25 channels from me and told the stupid people at BBB that they were preview channels. When I objected to what Frontier Communications replied, the BBB did not allow me to respond, even though I tried numerous times, even going directly to the person at the BBB who was supposed to be handling my complaint. The BBB closed my complaint, because I did not respond. I have three emails where I have responded. The BBB just doesn't want to upset Frontier Communications because they might lose the money that they receive from Frontier Communications.

Don't waste you time complaining to the BBB, just note that they are a lot worse than some of the companies who have been taking advantage and ripping off us consumers.

scottd849
December 29th, 2020

Ever go to BBB to file a complaint only to find they wont take it? You try to upload a file and you get this: 413 Request Entity Too Large
Nginx/1. 18. 0 (Ubuntu)?
Yah, I did. Supposed to allow pdf up to 5 mbps. My police report was 1.4mb pdf format and this was what I got.

Tip for consumers:
Good luck uploading anything!

coryc62
December 16th, 2019

Why has my stray dog not been listed yet after 3 months. You also assured you would help with food, vets and a kennel. Still... NOTHING. NOT EVEN A REPLY. YOUR SITE IS A WASTE OF TIME AND GIVES FALSE HOPE. YOU SHOULD BE DISMISSED AND ASHAMED.

kathleenf115
January 28th, 2019

We hired Augie's Drain Cleaning/ TJK Plumbing to clean out our bathroom drain. Daniel, our technician, was on time, courteous, friendly, efficient and had our drain cleaned out in roughly 30 minutes. Went over ways we could avoid the drain clogging again in the future, and even went above the call of duty to answer a few unrelated questions to help my husband with another project. We would definitely call TJK/Augie's again and recommend to friends and family.

antonyg26
July 28th, 2021

What good are you if you dont get the party to comply thats not good enough

We understand you are NOT satisfied with the business's response, and have noted your dissatisfaction in our files. While we regret we were unable to reach your desired resolution, the business has provided BBB with its position. This matter is now closed in BBB files, and will appear in the company's BBB Business Profile as: "Answered - the business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer remains dissatisfied."
SEE THIS PART THE INTERNET IS SO FONY LIKE PEOPLE NEVER HERD IT BEFORE
Please note, the text of your response may be publicly posted on BBB's website. BBB reserves the right to not post in accordance with BBB policy, and we may edit your response to protect privacy rights and to remove inappropriate language.

We appreciate the opportunity to be of service, and sincerely hope you will contact us for pre-purchase information.

I did not know my respons was public now

Tip for consumers:
No matter what you are not getting what you deserve its just like facebook they hide behind thier computers and act like they are it mewihile everyone is fony its ashame what is going on in the UNITED STATES the people are getting FONYER THAN ever its a shame

charityc27
January 26th, 2020

I am writing this because people need to know the truth. Yes, kidscasting is just a network BUT they are dishonest and not legit. They steal audition calls from companies and casting directors who post them for FREE. They post them long after roles have been cast. Yes, you may see reviews from parents saying good things but they are praising the fact that they got to do pay to plays mostly. You should NEVER pay to walk a runway, have an agent, or audition for anything. There are free networks like Actor's Access that post breakdowns for free. The agencies kidscasting advertises are the Scammy ones who run photo mill scams and are not legit. When you sign up for their network your information has now been sold to every scam artist in the business. Stay away! Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YlZ_srT6e4

taylorj11
December 11th, 2015

I hate how they are on the side of the business. After almost THREE MONTHS of dealing with a horrible company, that would ONLY respond through the Better Business Bureau, which I did not get any email notification that there was a response. They closed it stating that "The business has addressed the issue but the customer remains unsatisfied." I did not give them permission to close it and the company did NOT address the issue.

micheller376
January 9th, 2019

I had a horrendous experience with a local business recently. Despite the receipts that I provided and evidence that this business maintained two websites to deflect criticism of their business, the BBB still gives this business an A+ rating and accreditation.

I will never look to the BBB as a recommendation for a business ever again. I think the BBB is there to help businesses only not consumers.

helmute2
September 5th, 2019

Young Guns are very professional, top notch pricing and workmanship. Was very impressed with the efficiency of work and left the job site clean. I highly recommend this company.

I have never had a problem with the BBB taking and resolving a complaint. Even if the business is not a member of the BBB I always get a great resolution. The problem is people do not use them or do not want to take the time to file a complaint. The rating system is based on the size of the business. If I have 1mil customers and I get 1k complaints it is going to be a different rating as if I has 100k customers and I get 1k complaints. It is percentage based. I would say that if you are a legitimate business with legitimate business practices, you have nothing to worry about. If you are complaining here that your rating sucks or the BBB is a scam then you are going to be looked at as a crooked company or individual. I am just one voice but I know there are several people out there like myself that will not do business with a company that has a low rating. I for one use several resources like BBB, ROR, SiteJabber, and others. I am thankful for the job that the BBB does.

By Robert S.