Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau has a consumer rating of 2.43 stars from 101 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Better Business Bureau also ranks 20th among Consumer Protection sites.

• The Better Business Bureau is online and ready to help in the continuing struggle against shoddy business practices.

• What this really means is if they haven't had Three complaint in one month..the Same month.
  • I have worked hard for the last 3 years at my business and I find this to company to be an insult to business'.
How would you rate Better Business Bureau?

“forever customer”

Debbie M.
8/1/18

After a monsoon storm that removed a lot of roof off the east side of our house I was lost on who to call. I noticed a neighbor that was having her roof done and it looked AMAZING. I asked her how she found them she told me she had researched roofers on BBB and Yelp and ProWest was at the top of the list with raving reviews. We had ProWest come out and look at our house, they were quick to come an get us protected from any storms that would have pop up before the roof was replaced. They replaced our roof in a quick and timely manner. All the workers were professional and treated all our concerns in a caring and professional manner. We never had to wait for call backs and they were on it every step of the way. I highly recommend ProWest to anyone who has roof problems. Thank you ProWest for a painless experience. Debbie M

“The BBB Works One At A Time, Sometimes.”

Robert L.
3/4/18

Every business starts out with a basic 5 star rating if they've had no complaints, and that's fair...But wait! What this really means is if they haven't had Three complaint in one month..the Same month. If they only have two, then next month that falls off the back as if they've never had any. They stay at 5 stars. But wait! That's Unresolved complaints. Only those count, and not even these add up. It doesn't mater if they've had hundreds. It doesn't mater if they went to zero stars. If a company can skate for a month they are back to five stars. The BBB is unapologetic about this. They expect ppl to dig further if they really want to kno, and they make that not only hard, but very hard. There are layers that lead you wrong. When you have backtracked enough to figure that out, there are more layers. They send you back to home each and every time you guess wrong, so you better be prepared with a note pad if you really want to find the back history of the company you're researching. They are Supposed to be on our side, a consumer Protection agency, but I find just the opposite is true. They Will contact a company, and if they don't resolve your complaint, the BBB will lead you..not do..to other means of continuing, but that's it. After that you're on your own, and even that does not always happen. The BBB is good at stalling, and flat ignoring you. So it's one thing at a time, sometimes, with them, and if what they do do doesn't work, who do you complain to, the BBB? Well you could do that of course, but remember, next month what happens.

complaint (35) business practices (5) company (28) work (18) business owner (4) business bureau (19) rating system (3)
coryc62
December 16th, 2019
Why has my stray dog not been listed yet after 3 months. You also assured you would help with food, vets and a kennel. Still... NOTHING. NOT EVEN A REPLY. YOUR SITE IS A WASTE OF TIME AND GIVES FALSE HOPE. YOU SHOULD BE DISMISSED AND ASHAMED.
ronw22
June 30th, 2019
The BBB is now a worthless acronym. They have numerous unsatisfactory businesses rated at A and A-. Their ratings are now of no value, and in fact are misleading. The ratings smack of "payola" from the rated businesses.
bobbym108
August 29th, 2019
The BBB is nothing more than a pay to play scam. The are a PRIVATE franchise company. You want an A just pay them. BIGGEST scam going.
charlesd378
June 15th, 2019
Shame on the BBB for degrading a small business that has served the community so well, for so many years!
If a small business does not meet their specific criteria, they will post unfair representation of that businesses on the BBB Site.
The BBB is a bureaucratic, self serving company that is out of touch with small business and the average consumer.
michaelz262
November 8th, 2019
JR Luxury Bath did a fantastic job installing a new shower for us. It is simply beautiful. The installer was very professional and explained everything to us. I would highly recommend them to everyone.
micheller376
January 9th, 2019
I had a horrendous experience with a local business recently. Despite the receipts that I provided and evidence that this business maintained two websites to deflect criticism of their business, the BBB still gives this business an A+ rating and accreditation.

I will never look to the BBB as a recommendation for a business ever again. I think the BBB is there to help businesses only not consumers.
helmute2
September 5th, 2019
Young Guns are very professional, top notch pricing and workmanship. Was very impressed with the efficiency of work and left the job site clean. I highly recommend this company.
kathleenf115
January 28th, 2019
We hired Augie's Drain Cleaning/ TJK Plumbing to clean out our bathroom drain. Daniel, our technician, was on time, courteous, friendly, efficient and had our drain cleaned out in roughly 30 minutes. Went over ways we could avoid the drain clogging again in the future, and even went above the call of duty to answer a few unrelated questions to help my husband with another project. We would definitely call TJK/Augie's again and recommend to friends and family.
mikek405
November 2nd, 2018
I went to buy a car and the salesman Sam was selling religion and gave my wife and I a bible from his church. He used his religion to lie to us. Nothing he said was true I caught him in so many lies. I bought the vehicle and got the heck out of there.
erins165
December 21st, 2018
It is a very extensive course that prepares you well for working as a medical transcriptionist. It would be nice if there was something like live contact or activities in the course to break up the monotony of typing report after report (and I mean there are A LOT of reports) but I guess practice makes perfect.
igop
August 7th, 2018
Did a complain on homeadvisor. Turned out that it was my fault I signed up to scam from homeadvisor.
tabithac13
December 9th, 2018
I had a very good experience here and i feel good about leaving here today with a newer car. I would definitely recommend this company to my family and friends.
leac19
December 19th, 2018
We came here looking for a decent car and decent price and that's exactly what we got! Couldn't be more happy.
dionteb
December 12th, 2018
They worked fast and and was very helpful with getting me in a car fast. I would recommend this dealership to anyone in the Cleveland, Ohio area.
cynthiaw195
December 12th, 2018
Sam Alhout was awesome he was able to help me and get me in a car same day. Super help super nice recommend him to everyone.
kh650
K H.
December 14th, 2017
Site not updated correctly. A+ ratings for business with loads of complaints? Cut me a break. What is their point?
scottl148
April 22nd, 2018
My shirt fits PERFECT...And it's made well! I love it! It was delivered right on schedule. The color is so bright. I am so pleased!
mikec384
March 6th, 2018
I have ordered from Teespring 4 or 5 times and I love the fit and feel of the tee shirts. The graphics are amazing and stand up over time! I am positive i will order many more in the future!
daisya9
September 4th, 2017
https://www.bbb.org/new-york-city/business-reviews/schools-home-study/stanley-high-school-in-rego-park-ny-148313 i guess its not .
lindam489
December 19th, 2017
I have bought several tshirts and hoodies from tspring over the last couple of years. Loved everyone of them. Quality product and fast shipping. I will continue to buy from them for a long time to come.
ms423
June 10th, 2017
Just google "BBB 20 20" to see what a scam the BBB is!

NOT TO BE TRUSTED! They take money from businesses to erase complaints and give good scores. Don't pay, get an F
rudyg2
January 23rd, 2017
The bbb is a joke! Anyone can go to google and type: BBB 20 20

You'll see the undercover investigation by ABC News showing how the outfit is running!

IF YOU ARE GOING TO DO BUSINESS WITH A COMPANY THAT IS A MEMBER OF THE BBB, RUN LIKE HELL!!!

Watch the investigation, the bbb's system takes money from many bad businesses and makes them look good FOR MONEY!

Good honest businesses don't need the better business bureau, think about it and watch the news video on google!
debs60
December 14th, 2016
I have researched many companies with the BBB. I see companies on their site with thousands of unresolved complaints that are rated B+ instead of F. Which means their reviews are unreliable and therefore USELESS.
sharonz6
December 7th, 2016
There are some pretty awful companies who have O.K. ratings as BBB does them rather than considering consumer input or complaints. Unlike other consumer organizations, they are difficult to communicate with and it isn't clear whether they have or how they have communicated with the business when you have filed a complaint.
kiras12
August 24th, 2016
You won't win anything on this site. If you file a complaint, it can just go on and on indefinitely until you've had enough and just give up. These businesses get away with doing people dirty...especially Listia. Should complain to BBB about BBB and how useless they are.

Tip for consumers: They really don't care so don't waste what time you have left in your life.

I have never had a problem with the BBB taking and resolving a complaint. Even if the business is not a member of the BBB I always get a great resolution. The problem is people do not use them or do not want to take the time to file a complaint. The rating system is based on the size of the business. If I have 1mil customers and I get 1k complaints it is going to be a different rating as if I has 100k customers and I get 1k complaints. It is percentage based. I would say that if you are a legitimate business with legitimate business practices, you have nothing to worry about. If you are complaining here that your rating sucks or the BBB is a scam then you are going to be looked at as a crooked company or individual. I am just one voice but I know there are several people out there like myself that will not do business with a company that has a low rating. I for one use several resources like BBB, ROR, SiteJabber, and others. I am thankful for the job that the BBB does.

By Robert S.