Better Business Bureau

Better Business Bureau has a consumer rating of 2.32 stars from 113 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Better Business Bureau most frequently mention better business problems. Better Business Bureau ranks 32nd among Consumer Protection sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 12.5%

No positive highlights yet

• What this really means is if they haven't had Three complaint in one month.
  • Com companies that have a terrible reputation for horrible and unethical business practices.
How would you rate Better Business Bureau?

“Nexus Letter”

Ronald E.
3/5/20

Oftentimes, I know it's very difficult to try and convince the VA that your civilian doctor's opinion should mean something; especially when you're trying to increased VA disability compensation. Thanks to American Medical Experts, the civilian doctor's opinion was transformed into a language the VA can understand. Win, lose, or draw; I highly recommend their services for a job well done. Again, I was totally impressed with their services and without a doubt you got m vote! Sincerely, Ron E.

“Horrible People”

Jane M.
3/27/21

Horrible people working at Better Business Bureau. Genuinely worst interactions of my life. I can't believe they're still functioning with the way they treat people. Despicable.

complaint (40) business practices (5) company (31) work (19) business owner (4) business bureau (21) rating system (3)
janem891
March 27th, 2021

robertl324
1,409 helpful votes
March 4th, 2018

Every business starts out with a basic 5 star rating if they've had no complaints, and that's fair... But wait!

What this really means is if they haven't had Three complaint in one month. The Same month. If they only have two, then next month that falls off the back as if they've never had any. They stay at 5 stars. But wait!

That's Unresolved complaints. Only those count, and not even these add up. It doesn't mater if they've had hundreds. It doesn't mater if they went to zero stars. If a company can skate for a month they are back to five stars.

The BBB is unapologetic about this. They expect ppl to dig further if they really want to kno, and they make that not only hard, but very hard. There are layers that lead you wrong. When you have backtracked enough to figure that out, there are more layers. They send you back to home each and every time you guess wrong, so you better be prepared with a note pad if you really want to find the back history of the company you're researching. They are Supposed to be on our side, a consumer Protection agency, but I find just the opposite is true.

They Will contact a company, and if they don't resolve your complaint, the BBB will lead you. Not do. To other means of continuing, but that's it. After that you're on your own, and even that does not always happen. The BBB is good at stalling, and flat ignoring you. So it's one thing at a time, sometimes, with them, and if what they do do doesn't work, who do you complain to, the BBB? Well you could do that of course, but remember, next month what happens.

thade11
March 31st, 2021

Do not use Independant solar or Jay Johnson for any solar needs! His work is unsafe we found out the hard way. We had to hire a second solar company to rewire and repair all of jays work! We never were paid back for our battery that we never recieved or rebate money or work that was never done. Jay Is a liar a thief and a con man.

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from independan solar and Jason Johnson he is a con man

benb166
March 31st, 2018

What more can I say? The title say it all.
Most business have high grades even if they've more negative than positive, go figure

eleanors118
March 17th, 2020

This was a complete hoax and a nightmare. I provided a 15 inch binder filled with pictures of the contractors shoddy work, the contract which he violated using materials which were not stated, statements by honest people who had to rip out everything the contractor did and they went to binding arbitration which is a joke. The arbitrator was a disbarred attorney who lost her license to practice law because she was found guilty of bribery, misdirection of funds, stealing from her clients, collusion with the opposing counsel, and the list went on. I did not find this out until after the fact, but she was not to be doing work in this capacity especially in front of my attorney. She kept telling him to shut up. She refused to allow him to question my six credible witnesses who had to repair the damage after the contractor quit accusing me of "creating a hostile work environment" and that "I was a threat to his workers". As if I could be a threat to three 6 foot men, whom I rarely saw, and who didn't speak English. The companies pay the BBB to be members, pay to keep the A+ rating (I found 33 complaints buried on another site), and pay to put BBB with the A+ rating on the company website. Non of the people I have worked with in the past are on the BBB and going forward, if they are I will run the other way. I can add photos of the mess they ignored later.

ronb350
May 30th, 2019

Just finished processing a complaint with the BBB. Through direct negotiations with the company I filed a complaint against a settlement was reached independently of the BBB. When I informed them the company met my offer, the next day the BBB agent stated they had been notified of the settlement as if they had done anything. I have an email addressed to me directly, not one from the BBB. They did nothing but process my complaint, contact the company and process my rejection of their first offer. I did get an apology for being late responding to me. You are better off considering the relevant consumer protection laws and filing a claim with the Small Claims Court. One line reviews are permissible as evidence from established, credible web sites The BBB is living in their past when they may have been more than a business themselves.If you are a business owner you can buy a good rating with a membership. For example, https://money.cnn.com/2015/09/30/news/better-business-bureau/index.html

karenm1888
May 24th, 2020

The bbb is supported by business, supporters can and will have any reviews that have a strong facts and pic's be hide alter or removed. Upon requesting a copy of the coreasponds of both parties you will only recive you're the complaint side, not business. Any and all my reviews have been removed from all web sites, know people in hy places has it's rewards.

erins165
December 21st, 2018

It is a very extensive course that prepares you well for working as a medical transcriptionist. It would be nice if there was something like live contact or activities in the course to break up the monotony of typing report after report (and I mean there are A LOT of reports) but I guess practice makes perfect.

josee122
March 10th, 2020

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau on eBay and of course they contacted eBay as they would do. Of course you already know that this company is powerless to resolve complaints. EBay acted like they were trying to come up with a solution and credited me what I asked for but the credit remained on their site and I could not do anything with it so eBay erased that credit. I responded on BBB.org stating I was dissatisfied with the results and they closed my complaint as resolved. Keep in mind that BBB.org is a company that is paid to rate these corporations so I recommend not using them for any type of complaint of advice.

kh650
K H.
December 14th, 2017

Site not updated correctly. A+ ratings for business with loads of complaints? Cut me a break. What is their point?

akn6
December 22nd, 2020

BBB is a total SCAM. They are a complete waste. They take money from business to pay the highest salary in the industry. They are just another SCAM

mahendras16
December 25th, 2020
Verified purchase

Recently I filed a complaint against Cheapoair.com with NYC BBB. After the company responded and I refused, and the company responded again and I refused again, BBB closed the complaint with the following observation:
"The business addressed the issues within the complaint, but the consumer either (a) did not accept the response, OR (b) did not notify BBB as to their satisfaction."

So, the BBB acted as judge, jury, and executioner to decide that (A) the company had responded to my issues, and (B) the consumer was at fault for not accepting the company response.

If they wanted to be fair, unbiased, and neutral, this is what they should have said:
"The consumer and business exchanged their positions and issues but couldn't reach an agreement. The consumer is dissatisfied with the business response".

A completely useless and biased organization that is a protector of companies, not of consumers.

Tip for consumers:
Don't use this company. Go directly to small claims court.

Products used:
None

sharonz6
December 7th, 2016

There are some pretty awful companies who have O. K. ratings as BBB does them rather than considering consumer input or complaints. Unlike other consumer organizations, they are difficult to communicate with and it isn't clear whether they have or how they have communicated with the business when you have filed a complaint.

edh351
August 21st, 2020

They don't care about consumers, they get their money from the people who rip you off, like Frontier Communications a company that will soon be out of business because it is so poorly run at the top, (Corporate Level).

Despite what their sales people might tell you, (Bait & Switch) Frontier Communications does not do TV any more. Their cable TV is from AT&T. So to get you to switch, Frontier Communications slowly takes the TV channels that you have been watching for four years and turns them into "subscription only" channels. To top it off they have removed approximately 25 channels from me and told the stupid people at BBB that they were preview channels. When I objected to what Frontier Communications replied, the BBB did not allow me to respond, even though I tried numerous times, even going directly to the person at the BBB who was supposed to be handling my complaint. The BBB closed my complaint, because I did not respond. I have three emails where I have responded. The BBB just doesn't want to upset Frontier Communications because they might lose the money that they receive from Frontier Communications.

Don't waste you time complaining to the BBB, just note that they are a lot worse than some of the companies who have been taking advantage and ripping off us consumers.

scottd849
December 29th, 2020

Ever go to BBB to file a complaint only to find they wont take it? You try to upload a file and you get this: 413 Request Entity Too Large
Nginx/1. 18. 0 (Ubuntu)?
Yah, I did. Supposed to allow pdf up to 5 mbps. My police report was 1.4mb pdf format and this was what I got.

Tip for consumers:
Good luck uploading anything!

taylorj11
December 11th, 2015

I hate how they are on the side of the business. After almost THREE MONTHS of dealing with a horrible company, that would ONLY respond through the Better Business Bureau, which I did not get any email notification that there was a response. They closed it stating that "The business has addressed the issue but the customer remains unsatisfied." I did not give them permission to close it and the company did NOT address the issue.

coryc62
December 16th, 2019

Why has my stray dog not been listed yet after 3 months. You also assured you would help with food, vets and a kennel. Still... NOTHING. NOT EVEN A REPLY. YOUR SITE IS A WASTE OF TIME AND GIVES FALSE HOPE. YOU SHOULD BE DISMISSED AND ASHAMED.

matthewm73
July 19th, 2015

Depending on the company, this place can be a treasure-trove of info, or can be pretty worthless. Based on what I read in the little crevices of the site, Should a company move, altar its name a little bit, or even open up a new location, they completely start over and the BBB doesn't link the two profiles. Certain shady places use this to their advantage, just reset their trash ratings and after like a year if nobody updates the page of the old place, it just all gets deleted/archived and nobody is the wiser of how horrible the company really is. People need to watch closer on the business info!

charityc27
January 26th, 2020

I am writing this because people need to know the truth. Yes, kidscasting is just a network BUT they are dishonest and not legit. They steal audition calls from companies and casting directors who post them for FREE. They post them long after roles have been cast. Yes, you may see reviews from parents saying good things but they are praising the fact that they got to do pay to plays mostly. You should NEVER pay to walk a runway, have an agent, or audition for anything. There are free networks like Actor's Access that post breakdowns for free. The agencies kidscasting advertises are the Scammy ones who run photo mill scams and are not legit. When you sign up for their network your information has now been sold to every scam artist in the business. Stay away! Check this out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YlZ_srT6e4

markb127
March 6th, 2014

It is too complicated to place a complaint. I have tried on numerous occasions but every time I run into issues.

micheller376
January 9th, 2019

I had a horrendous experience with a local business recently. Despite the receipts that I provided and evidence that this business maintained two websites to deflect criticism of their business, the BBB still gives this business an A+ rating and accreditation.

I will never look to the BBB as a recommendation for a business ever again. I think the BBB is there to help businesses only not consumers.

markf425
April 18th, 2019

First off for $500 ANYONE can get a A+ rating with the better business bureau, so don't think they are out to help anyone but themselves.
I had an issue with a insurance company not covering bills, I reported it to the bbb and if you can't or don't have time to respond within 5 days then they automatically close the case instead of doing anything. They emailed me saying they were going to investigate it more in depth and it would take some time. I did not reply, 5 days later they closed the case. I tried to reopen the same case and they called it invalid because they said its a duplicate case. How would you respond to that kind of email anyways, ok, you go ahead and investigate it further. I'll wait. Wtf.
More like a loop hole for them to not actually do any work. Worthless company!

charlesd378
June 15th, 2019

Shame on the BBB for degrading a small business that has served the community so well, for so many years!
If a small business does not meet their specific criteria, they will post unfair representation of that businesses on the BBB Site.
The BBB is a bureaucratic, self serving company that is out of touch with small business and the average consumer.

igop
August 7th, 2018

Did a complain on homeadvisor. Turned out that it was my fault I signed up to scam from homeadvisor.

louissem
November 4th, 2015

I was dealing with one total scam place about a year ago. I went onto the BBB to look at them and found that they were a total ripoff, saved myself the time money and heartache. But, I looked up an autobody place and got a great recommendation for a place that turned out to be a total dump. I was informed that the BBB profile was over a year out of date, and most of the people working there didn't even know they had a BBB site. The BBB is good place to start, but don't rely on it 100%

I have never had a problem with the BBB taking and resolving a complaint. Even if the business is not a member of the BBB I always get a great resolution. The problem is people do not use them or do not want to take the time to file a complaint. The rating system is based on the size of the business. If I have 1mil customers and I get 1k complaints it is going to be a different rating as if I has 100k customers and I get 1k complaints. It is percentage based. I would say that if you are a legitimate business with legitimate business practices, you have nothing to worry about. If you are complaining here that your rating sucks or the BBB is a scam then you are going to be looked at as a crooked company or individual. I am just one voice but I know there are several people out there like myself that will not do business with a company that has a low rating. I for one use several resources like BBB, ROR, SiteJabber, and others. I am thankful for the job that the BBB does.

By Robert S.