Bark

Bark has a consumer rating of 3.97 stars from 1,071 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. Consumers satisfied with Bark most frequently mention great job, next day and quick response. Bark ranks 3rd among Marketing sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 3 days

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 70.7%

No positive highlights yet

• Poor customer services with no managers available to talk to.
  • Service providers pay a premium for the leads of about £12 per lead.
How would you rate Bark?

“5 stars for Lenny and his wall building skills.”

Rosemary M.
9/11/20

Never used Bark before and found via google. Very easy to navigate and easy to use the site. A number of replies to my building wall request came in quickly. Very pleased with Lenny who visited the site for inspection and provided quote on the same day. Work now completed and to the highest of standards. Great service which I will use again and highly recommend Lenny and his colleague for their building skills. Exceptional.

“Kendal care cleaning service”

Jpa A.
12/4/20

Cleaning service... Canceled on a Saturday last minute Planned on monday... came on property without calling to give entrance... broke entrance cones. Left their trash. Sitting along driveway... Called them. They ignored the call. All this was... Noticed at time they were too arrive... the planned arrival... Thro never called me. Beware of this company... they are out looking to giving trouble. Checking out individuals properties! Without you knowing... Contacted police...

Reviews (1,071)

customer service (30) service providers (15) contact details (13)
rosemarym173
September 11th, 2020

Hi there Rosemary,

Thanks for your review,

We're very glad to hear that you have found our platform so useful for your service needs.

nataliea118
September 16th, 2020

Came across this site whilst searching for home improvements online. Within a day 1A contracts contacted me to see if I was interested in a free no obligation quote. Sales guy came yesterday, lovely friendly manor, no hard pushy sales talk, gave us a really competitive price which we will defo take up. Definitely saves me a lot of time and effort contacting companies directly. Nice to have someone keen for new business. Great service

Hi there Natalie,

Thanks for your review

It's great to hear that we could help connect you with this company.

jpaa
December 4th, 2020

Cleaning service... Canceled on a Saturday last minute
Without you knowing...
Contacted police...

* Bark attempted to help this customer through the Sitejabber Resolution Center, but the customer did not respond

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you have had this experience with this professional.

We are not directly affiliated with the company in question. As such we would advise leaving them a review directly.

magdalenan8
December 6th, 2020

Dardan prepared amazing dinner party for us. Turned up on time with all equipment and prepared food. Everything was served as discussed on time again and the food was so delicious and so beautifully presented again on Dardan's plates. Not only he cleaned everything in the kitchen but also prepared for me cheese board and helped me to serve the dinner. He definitely went extra mile with his service!

Hi there Magdalena,

It's great to hear that we could help connect you with this chef.

sharonf548
November 22nd, 2020

Semi detached house roof cleaned and treated with anti fungal also conservatory roof. Ridge tiles removed and replaced with fixed ridge.
October 2020

Two very helpful, courteous young men who did a fantastic job in spite of having to dodge around the weather and a pandemic! I would happily recommend them and their work to anyone.

Hi there Sharon,

Thanks for your review,

It's great to hear that we could help connect you with this company.

winstonb48
April 27th, 2020

We needed a new fence fitted. We found the bark website on the net. After searching for a while we saw ANYJOB 4U. Called the company & spoke to Michael who came round later to give a quote. We agreed a price with him to supply & fit. The next day he came promptly on time with his team. Within 3-4 hours they finished cleaned up & left.
We ar happy with his whole approach & would use his services again if needed.
Winston.

Hi there Winston,

Thanks for your review,

It's great to hear that we could connect you with the right fencing company for the job.

spencerd38
June 12th, 2020

Poor system that delivered no clients. Do not waste your money! Sending me emails today! There are no enquiries in my industry atm due to lockdown. We all talk via trade forums. And yet bark have clients wanting our services in their homes. I think not. Do not trust them. Their reply to my review on Trustpilot is that they have never heard of us! Borderline scam.

Hi Spencer,

We hope you are staying well at this time.

We did attempt to speak with you about this issue however we did not receive a response.

We are an open public platform and as such cannot stop those choosing to ignore government guidelines from placing requests. Professionals are never required to respond to any leads they do not feel comfortable fulfilling.

We screen every single lead using our automated system and have a credit return policy which allows us to return credits for any leads which are found to have incorrect details. Please email us at team@bark.com if you would like a copy of this and if you would like to report any leads.

denizd7
March 13th, 2021

Bark is a waste of money. The market is full of people who are only after a cheap deal without understanding the process and work that goes behind the jobs. There are many people that will gladly take their little money and not provide a proper service. Most the leads from Bark are fake. I would not recommend bark to anyone looking to improve their business unless they offer subordinate services at cheap prices

Tip for consumers:
dont waste your time

Products used:
fake leads

Hi there Deniz,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way, but we refute the claims that you have made against our business.

We tried to reach out to you directly however we received no response.

If you would like to understand more about our platform and receive support, please email us directly at team@bark.com.

meerai1
October 26th, 2020

Kevin from Harbour City Tree Care responded promptly to my contact. He provided a professional service while advising me on what could be done to get the best result for my job. He understood that i needed to consider the quote and was patient with me. When I confirmed the job he was prompt in scheduling the work. I would recommend Kevin and his company Harbour City Tree Care as a good company to use for any gardening services required.

Hi there Meera,

Thanks for your review,

It's great to hear that we could help connect you with Kevin.

jackiec226
March 5th, 2020

On Saturday I entered my request for a gutter cleaning company. I was immediately sent a list of companies and within five minutes one of them, Marc from Pro-Dec, phoned me to talk about the work I wanted done We arranged that he would come on Monday lunchtime. He arrived on time, very friendly, very efficient, cleared out all my gutters and drains. Job done in 45 minutes at an extremely good price. I was very impressed with the service provided and asked for a business card so that I could contact him again.

Hi there Jackie,

Thanks for your review,

It's great to hear that we could connect you with Pro-Dec.

If you would also like to leave Marc a review, just login to your Bark.com account and click on their profile page.

clairer160
May 21st, 2020

Very professional service. Dan went out of his way to get my TV, sound bar & booster set up, I did not have the correct stand & TV was too big for recess. He went & got correct stand & fitted & connected everything. Did not charge for extra Will definitely use his business again. Good value, tidy, friendly & very knowledgeable. Gave me some great ideas to think about. Highly recommend.

Hi there Claire,

Thanks for your review,

We're very glad to hear that we could connect you with Dan.

williamb2136
September 6th, 2020

Out of 26 leads. Roughly 300 usd. (Auto tick is turned on so it tops off your account and you pay without realizing it sometime as the service isn't clear enough).

Only 1 client came through, talked to the client. Only for the client to cancel the project citing family emergency.

You pay premium prices or little to no results. Its downright criminal. I suppose that's capitalism in a sense. Wont be returning. STAY AWAY.

Hi there William,

We're sorry to hear that you feel this way.

valerieb305
July 5th, 2020

Bark sent me the contact details, via email, of 6 very local van drivers/couriers, within minutes of my enquiry.

We discovered an item we had purchased was too large for a taxi.

I was contacted and chose Tadis, of Oxford, who was the cheapest and most available.

He did 4 stops at the most competitive price and our friends said he was warm, professional and obliging.

I would strongly recommend Bark for domestic and business pursuits. They checked back too.

Val, Oxford UK.

Hi there Valerie,

Thanks for your review,

It's great to hear that we could help connect you with Tadis.

charmaineg14
November 24th, 2020

I was desperate for a good photographer. I chose 3. One responded within 15 minutes. She took the most amazing pics, is a really great person with brilliant ideas. I'm beyond impressed

Hi there Charmaine,

Thanks for your review,

It's great to hear that we could help connect you with this photographer.

pauls2172
June 16th, 2020

Having gone through Bark to to get loft conversion quotes, we were contacted by Simply Home Designs. In no time at all they attended and gave us a very competative quote. Work was scheduled at our convenience and the conversion was carried out superbly. Each phase was explained along the way and the workmen were considerate and polite. Any problems were sorted promptly and we are extremely pleased with the outcome and would recommend them 100%. Thanks again Alex, Sarah And Steve.
Paul and Lorraine Sanderson

Hi there Paul,

Thanks for your review,

We're glad to hear that we could help you find the right company for your loft conversion needs.

lh440
January 27th, 2021

Artificial turf laid beautifully. I had researched the required components for a good foundation for the grass and the representatives from the company, Tom and Alex, knew exactly what was best without prompting. The end result confirmed my positive assessment of them.

Products used:
Artificial grass

Hi there,

We're very glad to hear that we could help connect you with this company.

stefk9
January 11th, 2020

Bark might be great for people looking for services but not for those offering it. The credit system is ridiculous as you find yourself paying for jobs that don't even exist. So many times I have paid credits to offer my services and when I call the prospective client am told that they were only thinking about it. The leads need to be fully verified before sending them out. Bark do reimburse the credits if you call up but I'm fed up of wasting my time. Won't be buying credits in the future. Sort your system out!

Hi Stef,

We are sorry to hear you’ve not yet been hired using the leads you found on Bark.

All leads are screened and verified before being released to our professionals. As you have identified we do also have a credit return policy which protects you in situations where the contact details of the customers are incorrect.

If you do not wish to call us then you can also email us at team@bark.com. We can try to resolve any issue as long as it has been reported within 14 days of the lead being purchased.

You may find it easier to send us a single email at the end of each week just letting us know if you have an issue and with which customers they are with and we can then look into them and get back to you with a resolution.

lucyt83
August 13th, 2020

Still not sure how it works but I requested a quote for my fence. A list came back and I contacted a few. After a few days, as I had not commissioned someone to do the work, they asked if I wanted to post it on the board. I said yes and within 10 minutes I had two companies interested. One came round that afternoon to quote and we went from there. Happy with the work done. Accepted quote on the Friday and job started on Monday, finished by Wednesday so very happy with timescales.

Hi there Lucy,

Thanks for your review,

It's great to hear that we could connect you with this fencing company so quickly!

hilarys61
October 2nd, 2020

Oven Genius Derek picked up off the Bark Website that I was looking to have my cooker cleaned. He phoned me within half an hour and we made an appointment. He arrived on time and did a superb job. Highly recommend. Previously phoned another 2 numbers one didn't rep! Y the other said was booked up till after xmas! Will definitely use again.

Hi there Hilary,

Thanks for your review,

It's great to hear that we could help connect you with Derek.

If you would also like to leave this professional a review, just login to your Bark.com account and click on their profile page.

chrish1287
January 18th, 2020

Very satisfied with the prompt site visit & fair quote given on Saturday, the job started Monday & finished by Tuesday. A total of 6 men on site each day, hence a day for clearance /groundwork/prep and a day for construction of sleeper steps and blocked paved area. Robert & the team were polite, consultative & considerate throughout all stages of the work and left the site area clean & tidy. Happy with the finished job and would have no hesitation in using Kensington again for similar work.

Hi there Chris,

It's great to hear that we could connect you with a great professional.

fkb1
August 29th, 2020

Bark creates fake jobs for tradesmen, they make up jobs with dead numbers, no way to contact so that you waste your credits,
They also took £120 from my bank without my permission to add more credits.
Fraud basically...

Steer well clear if your in the trade, this is without doubt the worst of the sites, my builder is the best imo, don't think Iv ever had a fake job on there. Was getting 3 a week on here...

alisons175
June 28th, 2020

Contacted them for a quote on doing our front entrance and they got back to me in 24 hours. They quoted us a great price and came up with a design for the front entrance. When we had questions or concerns they got right back to me with answers, they even had better idea then us on the color of stone to use. The job was started when promised and completed quickly and neatly. Cannot say enough about the crew that did the work. They were polite and respectful and did a wonderful job of cleaning up after themselves. We get rave reviews from everyone who has seen our new front entrance.

Would definitely recommend this company to people

Hi there Alison,

Thanks for your review,

It's great to hear that we could help connect you with this company so quickly.

tiborv3
June 12th, 2020

We got the "opportunity" to try whether their system works for us offering a cleaning service.
So they let someone contacting us and we responded. The person needed a clean in a couple of days. But that's where it ended because we should've paid to continue. I mean, what? Actually, we couldn't see whether or not this thing works.
Of course, they would justify everything in an overbearing tone. Screw these morons. Avoid. You've been warned.

Hi Tibor,

We did try to help resolve the issues you had encountered but we did not hear back from you.

All leads are screened by an automated system, and we have a credit return policy which covers any contact details which are not working. We feel this is the fairest system we can have as we are not a commission based system that guarantees work, and only provide contact details for enquiries placed with us.

We are an online marketing platform and not an agency, so our role is to provide businesses with the contact details of leads and we charge accordingly for this.

We generally have a 1 in 5 conversion rate and we are confident we can help you achieve the same. Please email us at team@bark.com for more information.

eugeniaj7
March 15th, 2020

I found a wonderful, pperson to help me through some rough spots. I am so thankful for that. The telephone contact made it easier for me to relax and be myself and share the things ai need help, with, without worrying about a reaction on a person's face. The price is so affordable and with the pandemic being able to get counseling and help without leaving my house makes it even better. Give it a chance, I think you just might find EXACTLY what you are looking for.

Hi there Eugenia,

It's wonderful to hear that we have been able to help you at this difficult time, and we hope you continue to have a great experience with your chosen professional.

tracip281
February 11th, 2020

I joined BARK as a service provider. All of the leads I responded to, except 1 (out of approximately 75) were wrong numbers, dead ends or people not actually interested in services. I began to wonder how many of them were real people. I spent a significant amount of time and money (building a profile, contacting leads, etc) with no return. Would not recommend this site for service providers. Use a basic Google profile.

Hi there Traci,

We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience using our service.

We are an open public platform and allow customers to place as much information as they wish to in the Additional Details section. We always advise our professionals not to respond to vague leads, as this then prompts us to get in touch and prompt them to add more details. You can utilise the Filter Questions section of your account in order to remove any vague answers from your leads and customise them fully. This often then results in a professional responding to best requests that are placed on the the platform.

Do get in touch if you need any help with this or can offer further help.

The Bark Team

Hi Jim, I work for Bark.com so thought I would weigh in. Bark.com is a legit company. We are an online market place which connects customers looking for services with professionals who can provide those services and we currently operate in the UK, USA, Ireland, Canada and South Africa. I would encourage you to check out of Trustpilot reviews at https://www.trustpilot.com/review/bark.com If you have any questions feel free to contact our friendly team by phone or email: team@bark.com

See more answers (21)

Hi David, Check out our Trustpilot reviews where we currently have 14,282 reviews and a 4-star rating. Bark.com is a lead generation company and as such, we provide companies with the means to reach out to potential customers. Unfortunately, we can't guarantee business as ultimately the decision lies with the customers as to who they engage with or hire. And lead generation is competitive. Only one business can be hired, so for every professional who managed to secure the business, there will be those who haven't and want someone to blame. Typically professionals on Bark.com will secure 1 in every 5 leads they respond to and our leads are priced with this in mind. We want professionals to succeed, make a return on investment and continue using us. Lead generation is certainly not for everyone but its a great marketing tool if used correctly, one that can help grow your business. And Bark.com is the largest, we have 1000's of successful professionals who rely on us to secure new business and currently we operate in the UK, USA, Canada, South Africa and Ireland. We have a great customer success team on hand 7 days a week, who want to help professionals succeed and who have great advice to give. We offer every new professional our Starter pack of credits, which gives you enough credits to respond to about 10 customers, comes with a sizable discount of 20% and our 'Get Hired Guarantee' which protects you in the event you've been unsuccessful in securing any business after using theses credits and allows us to add those credits back to your Bark.com account giving you a second chance. Ultimately I would encourage any business looking for leads to talk to the team here and make their own assessment. If you have any questions our customer success team will be happy to help. You can contact them by phone or email: team@bark.com Kind regards The Bark Team

See more answers (15)

Hi John, we are completely legit. We have been operating since 2014 very successfully in 5 countries, and just this week launched in Australia, New Zealand and Singapore. Feel free to email team@bark.com. The Bark Team

See more answers (7)

Hi Patricia, I can understand why looking at some of the reviews, you could easily come to this conclusion. However, a very small percentage of leads have incorrect contact details and its something that we cover professionals for. Every request is posted by customers that are actively looking for professionals. Customers provide their own details about each job and their contact details. On occasion, customers do make mistakes when entering their contact details and it slips through our system. When customers have provided incorrect contact information, professionals can contact our customer success team who will issue credits back to your Bark.com account inline with our policy. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact that team here, they will be happy to help. You can contact us by phone or email: team@bark.com Kind regards The Bark Team