Review of Bark

19958
team@bark.com

dustinf35
5/15/19

I cannot believe that this place. They screw you on your initial sign up to get a taste of their "Service" and then decide to screw you over again when you don't want them anymore but want to use up your credits.

DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT use this place its a legal scamming company for any seller. And to any buyer using the site you will get good rates on services but beware shady people undermine each other and undercut servicing just to make a deal with you. YOU ARE NOT GETTING GENUINE SERVICE.

I wish I could find a way to get this place to go into the ground because it is the only place it truly belongs. Pathetic and robbing small business startups for the sake of their pockets.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT PERIOD!

charlesy9
5/15/19

These guys are shady, be careful. I clicked to not receive emails and they still spammed me multiple times daily. I emailed them to stop spamming me and they deactivated my entire account. so basically unless you want to get spammed all day, you need to disable your account.If you have to receive spam just to use a service that's shady to me.

mattd200
5/7/19

They stole my money by "automatically topping up" my credits which I never signed up for.
They refused to give a refund after clearly stating "guaranteed return or money back".
Rip off.
Don't waste your money.

amyec
5/7/19

Bark.com conned me out of at least £400..with their fake clients. I got the occasional question to keep my hopes up, but nothing more. I want my money back..or I will sue them!

kens333
5/7/19

I have been on Bark.com for a while now, and find that u can not possibly make money on this site as we pay for nothing really. Some people I have discovered on this site r not real.

I found this out from some numbers I called for the job, and found these people who answered did not know what I was talking about, in fact, some of them did not even know bark.com.

Some notifications I got, that had just come in. The so called customer answered only to state that they had a DJ already. Now with my understanding on this, how is it that as soon a new notification comes in, the job has gone. I have never seen speed as fast as that in my life.

That to me is differently a scam. I was called by bark.com to try and convince me to pay more money to something I never made money out of lol. A total joke i tell u.

I told the lady that I might as well go to a casino to gamble, as i might get lucky there more then at bark. She said if I pay the money, she would make sure i get the credits back that i never got a job for.

So, Like a fool, I believed her, only to discover that there r people already complaining about the same thing I am talking about here on the net, and I had sent a number of emails asking for my credits back which was promised to me, and would u believe it?

Now when I call them to find out what is happening? I find that no body answers the phone on both numbers. So when I researched more? I found loads of people that r not happy with bark.com at all. All I know is if they carry on scamming people here? They will make such a bad name for themselves, they will have to shut down or something as there r allot of angry people out there.

johnathanb19
5/7/19

I'm a hypnotist for 20 years , recently moved from L.A. to Bakersfield 130 miles north of L.A. and tried to start building clients all over again. But Bakersfield is a small version of L.A. and no one wants hypnotherapy. They think it's witchcraft or something. So I'm literally living check to check, basically starving after my bills are paid and pets are fed, they come first. I don't remember signing up to Bark. Recently, Bark sent me an email with a potential client's name, email and phone number, all for free. Only the first one is free, then I have to buy 50 credits for $66 and to respond to future potential clients, it would cost me an average 5 credits per client, so 10 potential clients. I immediately googled the client's name then phone and they were legitimate. I then emailed the client, thinking I'll get no response but, to my surprise, he checked out my website, responded from my contact page on my site - like I asked him to, and agreed to pay my discounted price of 6 sessions for $300 instead of my normal $150 per session. Then I checked on the other 9 potential clients that were in my Bark account , that I didn't know I had, and all hut 2 of them had MediCal, which to me means they can't afford to pay cash. And since hypnotherapy isn't covered by any medical insurance, I only responded to the other 2 potential clients after buying those credits for $66. Now here's the best part. They all wanted a woman therapist and I'm an old man of 66 by this July 6, 2019. I sent them an email and they both wanted me after reading my website. I must be a good salesperson. So in my first week, I set up $900 worth of appointments, the first appointment is always free in order to get them to trust me and to experience the hypnosis first hand. So, ultimately, I love their referrals as long as I only respond to people who don't list that they have insurance. I love it that the company is in the UK and that I'm getting quality leads in California, especially from this tiny city of Bakersfield which many people claim is boring with tiny minded people. True, perhaps, until Bark found me. Check me out at HypnotistBanks.com

Tip for consumers: Ignore the bad reviews. There are unhappy people everywhere who are just waiting for yet another disappointment. I have a sister like that. Heavily medicated I might add.

katn18
5/2/19

I have been attempting to use Bark for over 8 months now with my consulting firm. In the third month or so I began to suspect that all the leads were not kosher as I had so many bad phone numbers.

I also have a catering company registered with them under a different email address and have gotten only three referrals for but all three were humans who wanted my services so I persevered.

The long short of it is, three weeks ago, I was referred to myself as Katie states my name as Kat) from my own catering company to me as Kat at my coaching company. I know this because I purchased the referral and moments later found myself leaving a message for myself on my other business line.

Bark has yet to respond to a single request for credit or refund and I have no choice but to cancel and slither away and complain to you. VERY DISHEARTENING AND EXPENSIVE.

bryceb39
4/30/19

The final straw was getting into a text conversation with a robot. Instantly, I was like "yep, I got robbed."

khaleelahj
4/30/19

I would highly recommend businesses keeping their money for other more legitimate lead generation opportunities. I have my doubts that Bark.com leads are even real- and even if some are, their advertising practices are completely dishonest and the customer service is literally the worst I have ever experienced. I've been LAUGHED AT by one representative and they've tried to have my poor reviews taken down on several websites-- which just shows how much they have something to hide. Definitely do not use this company!

kyled89
4/28/19

Overpriced... I have never obtained any work from the jobs that I've paid to get the customers contact details from.. every time I have, it costs me 25 credits, which is the equivalent to just over £20.00!

toucanj
4/25/19

I didn't use them for anything, but I was suspicious when I received their unsolicited email, telling me I have a bunch of people interested in my services. So, logically Google "Bark.com reviews" and sitejabber was the first to show up, listing a bunch of 1 star reviews for bark.com.

After that, I took my "Bark Account Manager's photo; Lisa Jenkins (see her picture in this review), from the email, did a google image search and sure enough, there were hundreds of the same photo used all over the internet.

Fake. Beware!

jasminep49
4/23/19

The leads do not exist. The clients do not exist. The contact details do no exist. All you professionals out there do not waste your hard earned money. There is also another similar site called Bidvine using the same scam!

On the consumer side, my elderly Mother used Bark to find someone to landscape her garden. They took a £250 deposit and disappeared. The best thing to do is use people who have worked for someone you know rather than these job sites.

sudham2
4/19/19

Their offer code didn't work. I sent email immediately and called them in the morning. They were not only wasting my time; they indirectly referred me as stupid. Then asking me to spend another £155....saying they are helping. Secondly, 70% of their leads are bogus. When asked they say the phone numbers are checked but action speaks louder. Thirdly, customer service reps are trained to passively bully people (as in say the same things again and again people will cut the call). Hiding behind fraudulent policies... will not do business with them. WASTE OF MONEY. Spend on FB ads.....

leeh246
4/16/19

I was introduced to a plumber' through Bark.com. It turns out he is a con man and is known to both the police and trading standards. He took a hefty deposit for a plumbing job and disappeared with my money. Many others have been victim of this crook who advertises himself as a plumber through Bark.com. It also turns out that Bark.com doesn't do much check on any of the traders joining their sight so basically any crook, terrorist, muderer can join Bark.com and end up in your home like the one yesterday at my home. I will never use this site again and have learnt my lesson. Now I am relying on the Police to get this criminal.

richardc873
4/16/19

BARK is estimating to customers half what my business needs to charge, thus killing off any genuine clients interest. Big mistake to try to market wedding car hire with them.

wesb36
4/16/19

Waste of money and time. They trick you by having one of the leads book a job. In my case it was photography for a wedding and a short 5 minute video. Both parties committed to the work, then one kept making excuses and changes the date until they finally said they were going to do the video in another state. The wedding gig fell through when the bride said the sisters forbid the groom from marrying her. And this was after 3 months and one month before the required deposit. I stop paying for leads after I got the first two to make sure they would follow through. Good thing I didn't take the bait and pay a lot more fake leads.

diannel47
4/15/19

Had the same experience everyone else had. Spent $200 and sat down and saw I only got ONE person return a call but no sale.

robertc1297
4/15/19

Extremely overpriced at $25-40.00 per contact, considering no one ever contacts you, even with a question which is very strange. Everyone has additional questions. Some British based group that appears to be a huge rip-off. I was told in the beginning I would receive all the credits back if no job was secured from the original purchase. I have never received any credits back, only the option to buy up to $448.00 more in credits.

sherig44
4/12/19

I am a person who believes that if something doesn't make sense and seems to good to be true then it must be! Well this site fits that bill. I feel like their leads are not real people. I mean I would call and email leads and never get a call back. Supposedly people view your profile and make a request to contact you but when I call them I get no response and no return call. How serious are their leads really?! I got one client out of this and honestly I don't recall even responding to her via credits. This site has to be a joke! Now I will say this. They have since improved their customer service. A couple of times I complained and they gave me some credits and they always respond. But that is not going to help my business. I hope they read these reviews and either fold the company or change something. This is sad!!

andrewb551
4/10/19

I wish I had looked for reviews about this website prior to using it. I've tried several lead generation sites/apps, and none have really turned out too well and can turn out to be quite expensive overall.

Bark.com seemed great at first, especially with all of the information they gave you up front about people looking services (mine being personal fitness training). I figured with so much data and information that people would be serious about it. I was DEAD WRONG.

I've spent hundreds of dollars at this point on Bark.com for credits to reach out to customers. To date I have received a fair amount of replies, but I have only received ONE client. Basically, I am slightly over breaking even for my costs associated with this site. Other people respond and decide not to train with me, mostly due to pricing... even though when someone submits their information they show what they think they'll pay; my amount has almost always been at the lower end of the range. It is quite fishy...

Other people do not respond at all, even after texting and e-mailing the number and e-mail address given when they submit their information. And this isn't a rarity - it is quite common to get no response whatsoever! At least Thumbtack started to make it so with their Pro model that you wouldn't get charged unless the person responded back.

So overall, the idea seems good in theory, but there seems to be something fishy going on. With the current state of Bark.com, you're better off throwing your money into a fire pit or just advertising on social media or something. Anything is better at this point.

And last but not least, the lead amounts are completely random in terms of frequency. Like, it is not even close to having an average. You can get 5 in a week and then none for a month. I've been checking daily to just burn which credits I do have and there have been no new leads.

The reviews here and elsewhere speak for themselves -- stay away.

josel339
4/10/19

I spent $150 on credits; after contacting 16 people, I got only 1 booking.
And that 1 booking I got was from someone who saw my profile on Bark and called me directly to my phone.

The last lead I contacted; I offered her a steal of a deal on purpose to test Bark.com.
$200 offer for something that was worth $600; she sounded excited on the phone but like all others Bark never returned my call.
But when I was talking with her on the phone; I noticed her voice and story sounded familiar to another customer I called a week earlier.
So I concluded it was the same person.

johnd2319
4/10/19

Automatically billed me, when I complained 10mins afterwards when I realised the error they refused to give me my money back. They have also not responded to my request for my details and to speak to their GDPR officer. Closed my account after I complained and "bought" leads

Spam email, poor customer service. Avoid at all costs.

jm689
4/9/19

Bought three credit packs and the only response I received was an adult entertainer with no budget and a Nigerian scammer who wanted me to pay his "content provider".

ilonas9
4/3/19

I don't have any clients from them. Just fake requests. And they don't refund any money back. Stay away from them.

lynem1
3/28/19

When I got the first email from Bark saying all the different people were looking for services, my first thought was stay away. But then they keep sending you emails about all these "potential clients" you could be getting in touch with and it gets hard to ignore. I figured if we can get 2 jobs out of it the 96$ dollar fee for 60 credits will be worth it.
We followed up with many leads, 6 emails and called 3 of those 6. We got nothing. I'm not sure where they get these people but they don't seem to anxious to inquire about our services.
I would not recommend this to anyone

Absolutely scam. Spending $160 in three weeks and all i got was faked numbers to contact with

By Brian A.

I'm sure you didn't even hear back from that freebee right?

By Denise M.

Bark don't verify whether any of the customer tel numbers actually work and most of the leads are poor quality so they won't answer anyway. Save your money, honestly.

By John S.

The ones who will work with a budget, and make sure the bride's needs are met.

By Michael P.

I think that most of the reviews that are overwhelmingly negative have to do with people not getting hired through them. I have responded to people within a couple of hours, chatted with them , and have called them, and when I follow up with them to set up a time to meet, or to get the sale, I do not hear back from them. Sometimes, you need to investigate the people placing the Bark. Look for local Facebook profiles with the same name that requested the bark. In my case, I can find Brides that have posted their wedding announcement and then feel a bit more confident that it was a legitimate bark.

By Michael P.

Questions? Get answers from the Bark staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Bark