Review of AutoZone

AutoZone reviews

P.O. Box 664
Memphis, TN 38101
Tel: (800) AUTOZONE (1-800-288-6966)
brian.campbell@autozone.com
2018 Customer choice award

angies56
4/20/19

I ordered 6 spark plugs on 4/8/19, used online chat AFTER calling the store to find out my parts were still not there! The customer service is NOT helpful at all. I ended up cancelling my order. I have been a customer of Autozone for years,,,,,,,,,,,NO MORE!

darnellb14
4/18/19

I was in the store 30 minutes before i was helped the staff was helping people that came in after me crazy thing they see me standing there plus when i call they put me on hold and then hang up overall its the staff not the store ill take my money to advance auto from here on in.

brandonk37
4/16/19

I ordered an alternator online. When I found out it was my battery and not the alternator, I returned the part to the Amelia Ohio AutoZone. I was told I would get a refund within 3-5 business days. Here we are 11 physical days and 8 business days, no refund, over drafted $33, and still no money back. I called customer service multiple times. I was told this would be escalated to a manager and receive a call back within 24 hours. 48 hours and I only have gotten a response from email asking for my return number. I lost the paperwork but the return has been looked up by multiple times by customer service. I just want my $162.02 back so I can take my business to Advance Auto Parts. Never had issues with them on a refund like this.

Then I call the store and the manager says, it looks like it was put in as a part swap. I never traded out a part I brought it back for a refund. When he gave me a receipt it said $162.02 and he said this is being refunded. Horrible experience all around.

I'm going to O-Reilly's from now on.

adelitav
4/8/19

You can save your vehicle information on the site making it faster and easier to find what you need. They always have what I'm looking for at better prices than most competitors. Although, most of their products are Made in China, they offer a lifetime warranty on most of their important parts.

michaelb1357
3/23/19

well first of all you cannot kick people out of line that are standing there waiting to pay .
while the guy is getting your part and
this child with a goatee in this store comes up tells me .
I got to move out of the way.
cuz he's got to help his customer.
cuz he's too stupid to help the other customer.
The lady had to go fix his problem on his register.
he clears the register of all my stuff.
Yeah $#*! that.!
That's bull$#*!.
That kid needs to lose his job.

I've spent over 20 to $30,000 at AutoZone restoring vehicles.
I will never spend another penny in this store or any AutoZone anywhere.

sabrinav13
3/16/19

I PUT MY VIN IN DIDNT CHANGE WHAT I HAD SELECTED FOR SPECS.
TURNS OUT IT WAS WRONG. I WAS TOLD MY VEHICLE WAS A 2WD. I HAD AWD IN THERE. SO WHEN I ORDERED THEM I THOUGHT OH NO I ORDERED THEM INCORRECTLY. SO WHEN I PICKED THEM UP AND EXCHANGE THEM. SO WHEN I WENT TO HAVE THEM INSTALLED THEY WERE WRONG. WENT THERE AND EXCHANGED THEM AGAIN AND LOST THE DISCOUNT FOR THE PACKAGE DEAL. SO EXTREMELY NOT HAPPY ABOUT THAT. I TRIED TO CONTACTTHE EMAIL FOR THE ORDER NO RESPONSE! I TRIED CHAT NO RESPONSE! SO TODAY I TRIED AND I USED THE WORD SUCK AND IT WAS CONSIDERED FOUL SO HE ENDED MY CHAT? THIS IS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! ONLINE SHOULD NOT EXIST IF THEY GIVE OUT INCORRECT INFORMATION AND DONT EVEN BOTHER HELPING YOU.

keithm122
3/7/19

I'm afraid to go back to auto on middle country road. Now shop at riverhead autozone where maybe the atmosphere Is better.

larrym379
2/12/19

They're parts are a good price, but depending on what part your buying I stay away. If it's something your car needs to keep running shop elsewhere!!

jeeperg
1/1/19

AutoZone seems to be all over the place, which is nice if you have one of their batteries and need to replace it under warranty.

The store employees are not always that knowledgeable about vehicle repairs and very few are ASE certified for parts or anything else. That said, if you shop regularly and get to know the staff, there are some really good ones.

At AutoZone on Palm & Base Line in Highland, the tall, red bearded parts guy Grayson is really good, and I'd give him 6*'s. He has ASE and it shows. He knows parts and cars and has steered me right on my repair work. One time I brought in a part to match up to a new one, and he looked it up on the computer. The part in stock did not match. I was perplexed. He looked at my vehicle and immediately determined the engine had been swapped in from a newer Jeep...must have been done by the prior owner. Anyway, he recognized the engine and keyed the different year into the computer and sure enough, my part matched!! This sure answered a lot of questions I had on getting things like plugs to match up...I had assumed then prior owner used the wrong one, but it turns out they were right for the engine.

ivanetep1
10/11/18

Worst place. Offensive and racist. After 20 minutes of waiting for someone to check us out, still no one came. We bought shop equipment for mechanics it came in a big box, I don't know the parts name I was just driving my brother. Nobody helped us in the store not after he paid. Again it was a big heavy box and no one offer to help carry it outside. When we got outside and were putting it in the car a guy ran after us asking if we paid and asking for a receipt and asked who we paid with. We were still carrying a heavy box as he demanded to see the receipt and again no offer for help. I got really upset and made my brother return everything. You will never see us going back there and I will tell everyone about my experience. Napa best costume service and nice help people!!!

priscillah29
10/10/18

We were on vacation and our wheel bearing went out. Alan, I think he was manager, helped us so much. He loaned us tools and allowed us to repair the truck in the lot. He was so friendly and caring. He is amazing and definitely deserves a raise and promotion for his customer service skills!!! Thank you so much, Alan!!!!!!! You saved our vacation.

randym185
9/19/18

Ordered brakes and rotors. Ordered front and rear rotors and front brakes to get 20% off and next day delivery. The order showed up the next day. I thought this was great.
Ordered front and rear rotors and rear brakes with the 20% off and next day. Nothing. Sent an email to CS. Received an email from CS and another right after stating the order was shipped. Days later I asked CS where the order was. They said they would research. Days later I ask CS again. They said it was canceled. No noticed that it was canceled! What the hell!
Ordered again. Brakes showed up the next day (no rotors). the next day I received an envelop with the invoice in it (no rotors). Who know where they are. Supposedly, they will be here in 2 more days.
If you order online, be prepared to have your order canceled or show up (if at all) days later.

tyt19
8/30/18

June 24,2018 I went to the Autozone at 8495 Fondren Rd Houston,TX to purchase spark plugs and oil for servicing my truck. The store manager Freddie sold me the wrong spark plugs and told me to gap them incorrectly which resulted in my engine being damaged. I contacted the district manager Chris, she wasn't much help. Then Jerry Carrier the regional manager for Houston contacted me and said he would like to work on making this right. Recently I contacted him to get their decision whether or not they were going to reimburse me for the money I was out due to the manager's mistake. I was informed that Jerry Carrier would be happy to have a mechanic call me and discuss the matter or he himself would be happy to come to my house and talk about the matter but that they were not going to accept fault even though the store manager sold the wrong spark plugs and told me to gap them wrong. Jerry Carrier got upset when I said that Autozone should do the right thing and reimburse me for the unnecessary expenses accured. He told me the claim was denied, he was cutting all communication and blocking my email address. He also called me a liar and told me I didn't know what I was talking about. I informed him that I had a couple of mechanics that stated this was a direct result of being sold the wrong spark plugs. The spark plugs that were sold to me were meant for newer vehicles not older vehicles like mine. I have been treated with disrespect, nastiness, rudeness and treated like I did something wrong instead of Autozone taking responsibility and making things right. I'm just trying to make sure something like this doesn't happen to anyone else.

hollys156
7/16/18

I walked in one day last week and saw so many people in line and I had two other places to run too. I was worried that I'd be there forever! I was proven wrong...they knocked out that line like it was nothing!

concerneds6
4/22/18

Tags on shelves do not represent what you pay. They had items marked with a discount but discount doesn't apply at register, even after you notice it employees refuse to provide you with the POSTED offer. BUYER BEWARE!!! Not the first time that the special price is not honored, if you don't check the price then they charge you the full price.

rays194
3/29/18

I went to the Autozone store in Fontana on Sierra March 28, 2018 to buy a starter at 12:00 am because my car broke down at the gas station. I had a friend wake up in the middle of the night to take me to a 24/7 Autozone and the guy said I couldn't buy a starter or come into the store because he was getting ready to do the floors! I had to go 5 miles to the next 24/7 Autozone on Archibald in Ontario and they had temporarily closed the store because the computers were down! WTF! 24/7 my -ss. Never again. O'Reilly gets my business from now on.

eileenb49
12/10/17

Needed new battery for my Acura. Skylar at the South Broadway, Englewood store, found the battery quickly, was super helpful and nice, even took my old battery out and replaced it for me. Love Skyler's service oriented attitude.

jasonb314
11/15/17

Had an exhaust manifold that was bad. So I replaced both sides! 3 years later. And 7,000 miles and the passenger side cracked in half in the middle! And every bolt and the manifold have excessive rust so bad that I can't even take the bolts out to replace it! Pissed off!!!! Cheap jap crap parts is all they seam to offer....

aliciaf20
9/7/17

Went to go have my battery charged, was told I had to take it out and bring it in. Well being a girl I couldn't just whip out my tool box and bring it inside..I had trouble with it trying to start all day I googled online for places that charged batteries for free and it pulled up auto zone with a picture of an employee charging the battery outside that's why I stopped in. When I told the guy which I'm assuming was a manager because he was wearing a dark shirt that I didnt know how to take it out he rolled his eyes and walked away from me!!! I understand that they must have certain procedures they must follow but he could have at least been kind about it...I will never shop there again..Alcoa Tennesee

valeriew17
9/4/17

I went to the AutoZone in Arlington, TX. I went in because my battery started dying. They looked up my account and saw that I purchased a battery about 11 months ago. They didn't even check my old battery, they just grabbed a new one off the shelf and installed it in my car. Completely amazed on how easy they are. I will always by my batteries from AutoZone.

vernitam1
9/1/17

I was ask some questions about a Manger who ask me to Per Take in a Extra Sex affair with her and her Husband I talk to HR now I'm out of a JOB 10 years of been Determine to grow with a 500 Fortune Company

jonnien
8/16/17

They are quick and on target. I will go back and tell others about your store. It's easy to see why they are at the top of the parts world.

sandrap120
8/11/17

Too many times they have given me the wrong parts. I dropped s battery off to be charged and still the next day it wasn't charged cuz they forgot to put it on charger. They really suck

steveno20
8/9/17

I recently went to the Auto Zone (store # 3939) on Penn Avenue in Sinking Springs PA to purchase a battery for my wife's Jeep Cherokee. The vehicle was at the dealership and I was unable to get the Jeep to Auto Zone. I was intending on being able to drive the Jeep, so I had no tools with me to install a new battery. Darren the store manager offered to drive to the dealership to help me install the new battery. Darren went above and beyond his duties as a manager. it is nice to know that in today's society there are still people like Darren. Thank you so much!!!

danielr167
8/7/17

I purchased some STP (scientifically treated petroleum ) in case you didn't know. It is Transmission slip stop+Leak.
I found it works well, HOWEVER, ,- 1 SERIOUS issue I have is being blantenly lied to, by way of using the label of STP on the bottle, when IN FACT AND FOR A FACT, the product is indeed manufactured by Auto Zone , for Auto Zone but has a lable slapped on it by --wait for it,, A conglomerate company owning multiple other brands called Spectrum. No where does the company STP if even they still exist , I doubt it, have anything to do with the product itself ever. The thing that really pisses me off Is Auto Zone Customer service refused to and refuses to provide a list of products like this one , nor will they even admit that this is what they are doing rather than selling products they make with auto zone labels. Very sneaky , very milatious in my opinion.

Questions? Get answers from the AutoZone staff and other customers.

11 Photos for AutoZone