AutoPartsWAY.ca

AutoPartsWAY.ca has a consumer rating of 2.74 stars from 34 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about AutoPartsWAY.ca most frequently mention customer service problems. AutoPartsWAY.ca ranks 106th among Auto Parts sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 11.1%

No positive highlights yet

• Red flags go up when an auto parts supplier isn't interested in customer service just sales.
How would you rate AutoPartsWAY.ca?

“Simply the Best!”

Kevin W.
7/9/21

I have an older Volkswagen and purchased parts from other online retailers in the past, only to have to return at least half of the parts each time because they are wrong. That is not the case with Autopartsway.ca. Their catalog is above all others. I purchased 9 parts, all of them correct and top quality as well. 7 of the 9 were original VW parts and the other 2, as far as I can tell were on par in quality. Their website is very simple to use and any variable that a specific part requires is right on top of the list of parts so you can click it and narrow the result. Very simple and convenient. I tried their live online chat and got a very helpful representative right away. I used their call me feature as well and got a call back instantly. The only thing I can complain about is that the email with the tracking number went to my Spam folder. Not sure if they can control that or not, but their website also has the tracking info and all invoices in the account section so not a big deal. I signed up for their Plus program since I know I will be making many more purchases in the future.

“Scammers”

Alexsey V.
4/27/21

My credit card got unauthorized charge from them. Don't share your billing information with AutopartsWay. Ungrateful people, in October I bought some parts from them, was quite happy, although I noticed they increase price before "discount event". But now I will not buy from them, or recommend to anyone to do so.

customer service (5)
alexseyv
April 27th, 2021

kevinw1262
July 9th, 2021

I used their call me feature as well and got a call back instantly.

Tip for consumers:
Select your vehicle correctly.

Products used:
rotors, pads, shoes, sway bar links

eb372
February 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

Purchased something 6 months ago and now they charged me $19.99 for a "loyalty program" that I never signed up for. They are crooks and steal your money stay away!

julieh1151
December 30th, 2020
Verified purchase

Horrible service. I ordered multiple car parts; however, one of my parts were out of stock and therefore, cancelled. I received an email asking how I would like to proceed with my order. I responded back trying to inquire more about options for my order and received no response.

When I contacted a customer service rep, they told me they would no longer give me free shipping and had already shipped all my parts and charged me WITHOUT my consent. What kind of company asks you if you would like to cancel your order and then completely ignores your response, and goes ahead with it? I received no information OR receipt about my altered order, what they charged me with, or any shipping information.

If I could rate this business 0 stars, I would. I will never buy from this business AGAIN!

samx64
July 15th, 2021

Part description was incomplete FWD only vs AWD They claim vehicle specific search would have discovered the problem Even th correct parts had a n error - ABS yes & no in same description.

Tip for consumers:
Keep a copy of what you are ordering as I only have their word that item supplied was ordered wrong

Products used:
Searching other suppliers with correct information

elenat74
February 16th, 2021

I've received a sms message about a charge from www.auto. Yes, I did not order anything auto recently at all, so I went immediately to check my credit card account. AUTOPARTSWAY.CA_Maintenace carge_... WTF? Searched my email as the name seemed familiar... sure, I ordered from them last and only time in April 2019, 2 years ago... and now they are trying to charge my card!. I've heard about such fraud from the sellers on AliExpress, but here in Canada, from a relatively big company... I don't even know what to say as the order actually went well and I left a good review back then. Calling my bank about stopping a fraudulent charge...

Tip for consumers:
The value of the goods ordered and shipped was fine, but what happened later...is scamming! Buyer beware, check your credit card charges carefully up to YEARS AFTER!

Bearing hub assembly

keirb3
July 5th, 2021

Last year i had no problem ordering parts or contacting a customer service rep. Now its a nightmare. They have removed the option to call a service rep. All i can do is enter a phone number and hope they call back.

Ordering parts with their web form is a nightmare. My latest order has been "processing" for over half an hour, and I cant even contact them to get this sorted. Really disappointed in how there service has decreased dramatically. I can only assume they have been purchased by a company that is trying to increase efficiency by reducing staff and relying on BOT's, slow response on email, or hoping the customers are loyal enough to stick around.

Also there is no wish list on the web site, so I put things in the shopping cart for easy reference, then delete the parts I need before buying. However if I put things in the cart then decide to finish shopping the next day, for sure I will get an email reminding me to finish my purchase.

If I have anything in the shopping cart and log into the main page of the site, it automatically redirects me to the shopping cart so I can finish the purchase. So annoying, The experience of shopping on this site makes me feel like all they want is a completed sale, and they use as much automation as possible to make that happen.

Avoid shopping here if you can, there are many other Canadian sites to buy parts.

andrewb687
May 8th, 2020

They don't put clearly what your buying and then no pic do that it's not what you think it is. Then won't help you figure out a solution. Then a refund would be 20% less to restock even though they aren't clear on what your buying. Also told me they would contact warehouse to get my refund started. Then I was told the exact opposite, I would have to wait for covid to be over, even though they had no problem shipping to me. Basically do anything to make you spend money and wait when you want a return even though not getting car part can be dangerous. They don't care about the customer whatsoever, as some other reviews say the same

daveq76
August 31st, 2020

I ordered a part and my credit card was promptly billed for the part and the $400 core charge. The part was shipped but there was no invoice or instructions about returning the core. Long story short the part was defective and after speaking with the manufacturer of the part, they stated they would adept the part back. They even provided a reference number for AutoPartsWay confirming they would accept the part back.

Now the "fun" begins, on August 11,2020, I tried to contact AutoPartsWay about getting the $400 core charge as well as the refund for the cost of the part. After getting the run around for over a week, I was finally provided with a return code and told to ship the part back.

I tracked the item through Canada Post and confirmed they received the part however, I received nothing from AutoPartsWay. I contacted them a week later only to be told that after 7 days the "warehouse" has not "tagged the part as returned" and there was nothing they would do until the warehouse "tagged" it. The great thing is that they have no idea when the "warehouse" would get around to this.

So after paying for the part on July 28,2020 in full and having confirmed through Canada Post that AutoPartsWay has been in possession of the part for a week, On August 31,2020, I am no closer to actually getting my over $500 back than I was on August 11,2020. Who knows when I might actually get my refund.

Save yourself a lot of headaches and order through a more reputable company like RockAuto

maxt97
December 15th, 2020

I ordered a part specific to there parts finder they sent completely the wrong part and only refunded half the money

dt377
April 24th, 2020

Red flags go up when an auto parts supplier isn't interested in customer service just sales. Customer service is the backbone of an auto parts business. These guys likely won't be around long...

grahamc88
January 31st, 2019

Web site not accurate on parts required. Wrong parts shipped must be returned at your cost. Core deposits due never refunded. Emails with no response. Credits given are not expanded or broken down in detail. They would rather loose you as a customer then refunds you the funds due.

jeremyr56
March 31st, 2018

They sent fake tracking number, refused to respond to my emails. Stay away from this company a total scam

fritzc6
Fritz C.
November 24th, 2019

Bought some bushings and gaskets and they came quickly. Installed them and they work great. I would highly recommend them.

terrym306
November 28th, 2018

Bought front brake calipers for my Honda Pilot. Autopartsway charge me an extra $180 for a core charge and led me to believe there would be a discounted rate for shipping back the old cores. This is totally false. I was informed that It is on the buyer to ship back at there own expense $120... Total rip off, won't be back!

joshh154
October 5th, 2018

. I placed an order headlight lenses for my BMW. I decided to order from these guys because I needed them in hurry. It was supposed to get my order within 2 days, instead it took a week. When it arrived one of the covers was correct, the other was for a completely different car. It was not the same part that I ordered online. I sent them an email explaining this. They replied back by asking for a vin number. After which I did not hear back from them. Ive sent a couple emails since. Its been over a week now. To anyone reading this please. Please avoid this company. They look professional but I can assure you youll be unhappy with the service and parts you receive. They have hundreds of negative reviews on multiple different websites. I wish I had done my research in advance

stevec530
November 8th, 2018

How is this company still in business? 8 days ago I sent an email to ask details about core returns. No response after numerous attempts to contact them. Informed CS that I would cancel and return my order if they didn't have the courtesy to reply to me. Sent a return form to the company. 6 days of unanswered emails, unanswered phone calls and being disconnected from chat once they realize that I didn't want to make a purchase but that I had a complaint. On the 7th day I was contacted after threatening to go on social media. Here it is the 8th day and 30+ emails promising to refund my money but my bank account is still empty. Their strategy is to stall and delay until the customer gets so fed up that they finally just walk away from the whole mess. You can see that in some of the other reviews. I used Rockauto a few times but I got greedy and tried to save a couple of bucks and here I am. Big mistake on my part. They may accuse me of affiliation with Rock auto or of writing a a fake review. Not the case. I am just a frustrated and extremely angry ex-customer who doesn't appreciate being scammed. To add insult to injury they sent me an invalid discount coupon. Too much. Do yourself a favor and go somewhere, anywhere else than autopartsway.ca

chrisp121
August 25th, 2015

Used autopartsway to save a couple bucks, what a waste of time. They sent out the wrong parts. Returning parts is at your expense so now I lost money and not to mention all the time wasted hunting down new parts, returning the wrong parts and then the hassle of getting your money back.
Recommendation. Don't waste your time with these guys.

johna404
September 4th, 2015

Ive been watching a specialty fan on their sight for a few days, waiting to decide if it was the correct model for my custom application. I viewed it on sept 1 and printed off the page for reference. The day after I then received a email about their weekend labour day promo going on with a 10% off discount code. Hurray I thought. I log into the site, and check out the fan. And low and behold it went from $519 to $557 in a matter of a day. A magical 7% increase. Wow looks like it just turned that 10% discount into a useless 3% discount. All of the other items on their site did the same thing.

TOTALY AVOID!

Tip for consumers:
Use Rock auto, at least they don't purposely fool around with the prices, and ship to Canada without any hassles.

bobs143
December 18th, 2014

Be sure to use a new browser and read everything twice. Getting action from customer service is a cross between trying to return a dead parrot and explaining to your girlfriend why her pants don't fit.

kenw236
October 18th, 2019

Looked for a fuel pump for my Ford and APW had he best price and said it was in stock. They told me delivery would take 8 days, but it got there next day and shipped free. Impressive.

cyndyd3
May 26th, 2018

If you needed parts, choose AutoPartsWAY. I get free shipping and it was delivered to me the next day. Very convenient. Love it.

krisandrao
May 26th, 2018

My first time to shop via online and my experienced with them is wonderful. My order arrived very soon than I expected. Their service is one of the best. By the way, they have great selection of items, which are affordable. I'm so happy I found this online store. Definitely will shop again.

marekb12
June 18th, 2019

Order parts in the 13th of June and delivery states 3-4 days I phoned up today the 18th of June to find out my delivery is expected on the 24th of June. They have both my phone number and email but yet failed to tell me about the delay.

jasonl158
September 21st, 2017

Needed to work on my again Volvo. Went to the dealer and he wanted almost $1800 for the parts alone not including labor. Did a lot of searching online and finally found AutoPartsway.ca. They had the best prices and some good reviews so I took a change. Parts arrived in just 3 days, they were all original, correct and cost me only $500 with free shipping. The parts came from inside Canada so there were not duties. I will buy again.

Easy but they are effectively steering you away from their problems

By Sam X.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the AutoPartsWAY.ca staff and other customers.

Auto Parts in Canada at AutoPartsWAY.ca. Auto Parts WAY Canada offers the largest selection of OEM and Aftermarket Auto Parts in Canada.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about AutoPartsWAY.ca?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.7
Have a question about AutoPartsWAY.ca?