Review of Ask.com

Ask.com reviews

Tel: 1465488027829

timc317
1/25/19

I was with the company in its early stages. Over time, Ask Jeeves (as it was then called) became a well-oled machine. As it is now, it is horrid. It scores on keywords, no different than Yahoo, Lycos or even Excite (which Ask.com now owns).

jordync4
11/13/18

I found a way to get rid of this godforsaken app out of your business; on your laptop, in the top right corner of the Google Chrome window, there should see either three dots or horizontal lines. That is the Tools menu. Go to it, and click on the Settings section. When you go into Settings, scroll down to the Search Engine section. Then what you do, is click on Manage Search Engines, and disable the Ask.com search engine, and make Google your Search Engine.

peteh87
9/19/18

I hate that Ask.com is the default search engine in my address bar. It is useless and the results stink. They need to just stop...now!

roberte245
8/13/18

Ask.com is not completely useless. Actually it has a lot of insightful search results that might not be prioritized by the popular search engines.

tomm1442
2/1/18

I go to look up WWII and bam you get a coat of $%#@ right there in your face. not helpful at all this site deserves to be shot receptively over and over with a shotgun

lilyr17
1/26/17

This is positioned as a search engine, but my experience with it is mostly bad. The thing sets up on your browser and replaces the start page, very hard to delete then...

loriv15
9/1/16

I wish this was not a option for search results. Inaccurate and annoying results.

leons70
4/21/16

I NEVER GET ANYTHING I WANT ON THIS DUMB SITE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davidw340
4/20/16

a digital disease which will not go away... An evil sticky ugly interfering site. I just hate it. And it won't go away.. should be outlawed!

maryb273
4/1/16

We, a family of four, visited Wells Ask and were served by Lydia - from the moment we arrived she was helpful, polite, efficient and friendly - thank you Lydia- I hope Management passed on our thanks Mcbolton

lizziel2
3/20/16

I talked to a psychic on asked and she was horrible. everything that she told me was a lied and were things that were not even on my radar in the future. It almost felt like she was trying to convince me on what to do instead of telling me what I wanted to know which was what my future possible entails. I spent $300 and it was money totally wasted. I told them to give me my money back and now they won't. I have been to psychic before but this was seriously the worst reading that I have ever had in my entire life!!!

michaelw236
3/17/16

What the $#*! is wrong with this dumb ass site! I am seriously wanting to sue this site. The don't answer your questions, and every time you ask a question stupid $#*! that is not on topic comes up! Like what the $#*!! Stupid $#*! like this happens all the time! Don't go to this site and waste your time. There are tons of ads that try to get you and hack you, and it's almost like they don't try to work on the site. And when I say every time, I mean EVERY TIME! Your question will not be answered. And if so, it won't really help. Go try for yourself. But I am telling you, don't go to this site. It is a waste of my time, and it will be a waste of your time

mistyl3
2/18/16

This school is really hands on. The instructors are very informative and helpfull, they give you the one on one time that you will you need to learn the skills you need to be successful in your new career.

jillj23
2/15/16

I have never seen a business model so shamelessly predicated on the idea of betrayal. Let me give you an example of how Ask works, I'll be the sales clerk at a brink and mortar; are you ready? "Hi, how are you today? So you're looking for information on the war of 1812 huh? Well ill just knock you out and when you wake up, you'll find that I've locked you in a little cage. Oh good you'really awake, so back to the War of 1812, I don't have any information for you but I'd be happy to sell you this jacket made out of lamas hair at above market value, or how about this collection of nuts and bolts engraved with flowers sold by a place in Istanbul, Turkey. What you just want you're freedom? Not with out a fight kiddo. Using Ask, I imagine, Is the online equivalent to joining Scientology .

marybeller2
2/4/16

This website is a rabbit warren. You click on the links and they take you to yet another ASK page - not the website you're looking for. I have NEVER been able to find what I was looking for on ASK.com. Worthless! Irritating!

victoriav19
1/3/16

I hate your browser. It sucks . I have to go through so mays links before I find what I'm looking for. And some of them repeat over and over again. With google I get the answer I'm looking for one the first search, I don't know how you stay in business. The only reason I tried using you was because you were defaulted on my computer. Not only that I take me many tries just to find a place to give you this review. What a waste of my time

justint42
1,127 helpful votes
12/28/15

Every time I have searched for an answer to my questions, Voila there it is.

peterl99
11/22/15

Same problem as many other reviewers...

noab20
11/13/15

I was happily using google. But then this showed up. I decided to give it a chance. I tried to get it to find a simple website. But it didn't work. I tried again and again it didn't work. I would not recommend it.

nojinp
9/22/15

This showed up out of nowhere and I have not been able to delete it. Since I was pleasantly using Google search, it fell on being an online burglar. Above all, it doesn't work so well as a search engine.
I want to find this web's founder and have him or her kill it from all over cyber world.

anthonyl49
7/15/15

The management apparently does not live up to commitments made by their sales team. Based on my experience if you pressured them to do so, you are well advised to remain on guard against immature childish vindictive and destructive behavior to property. At the time of this writing it is my intention to place the referenced incident into the most appropriate legal forum with the confident expectations of recovering for willful vindictive damage to property, i.e. entirely childish and unprofessional behavior resulting in loss.

Tip for consumers: do not sign electronically any statement saying you have received/read documents until you have the hard copy in hand and have carefully read it and/or have it read by an attorney. Expect your purchase process to be dragged on for hours to the point where you are willing to sign anything to get it over with. However if you still choose to enter their arena, eat prior to entering.

greggc13
4/12/15

ask, is a virus they install themselves on your computer and take over your search. answer . don't use the ask search sites. if you want to get rid of there icon and auto search on your tool bar try restore on your computer, don't go to a free virus fixer, they will install a virus and then try to sell you software to get rid of it. i'm suprised no one has sued them.they really stink.

lindat46
2/26/15

Terrible, DO NOT go to this site, all you get is a run around and no answers

mitchm16
2/9/15

I want to have the google search engine when I open up crome but I keep getting the one that is powered by ask and I tried several times to make crome my home search engine Either fix it or get out of the way ask

mindyh5
1/30/15

I wish I could give that crappy, parasitic app a lower score. I was trying to download a java upgrade, which never got done. But this slimy leach program crawled onto my Chrome app, and no matter how many times I uninstall it, it comes right back like a plague. I ever went to the disgusting Ask site to ask how to uninstall. (A big hint is the entire first page is about questions of how to uninstall.) It said to click on the wrench icon in the upper right corner, then select the search engine you want. I clicked Google, closed out, reopened, and again the virus that is Ask appeared Until they allow me to get their tentacles off my search options I will be sharing my view with everyone I know.

35 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Ask.com just dropped out of the search market, laying off 400 staff. No big surprise, but still disappointing. Competition is good for most markets but Google looks unbeatable in theirs. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/11/10/ask_com_ditches_search/

By Chris O.

Questions? Get answers from the Ask.com staff and other customers.

Ask.com?