Review of AnimalJam

support@animaljam.com

johna1064
7/4/18

-JAMMERS PLEASE READ-
Please buddy request @xsnoopdoggx to become apart of our group.
Our group is to end scamming and bullying on Animal Jam. You may think thats stupid it wont work but the more members we get the more attention we get from animal jam.
I formed the group yesterday and already have 36 members.
BE A JAMMER NOT A SCAMMER.
Anyone is welcome to join our gang, just buddy request me (xsnoopdoggx) to join.
Together we are stronger.
Thank you Jammers, just one buddy request to change Animal Jam forever,

kendrar21
7/2/18

I think AJ is great in its ways. I have been playing since 2015. But,the game is becoming a disaster. I don't play as much anymore.

I will tell you pros first.

I am a kid so yeah lets just get past that.

I love the fact that you have a variety of animals to choose from and non members aren't always left out. You also can do amazing parties,and go to adventure camps. You can collect facts about animals and its very educational!
You can even do pixel art. Thats nice.They even have bubble chat for users who are suspended! That will teach them a lesson... You think.

But then we get to the good ol' cons.

They say that the website is absolutely moderated and secured, but I believe thats not true at all. I have seen a wolf, a nude colored wolf saying "is there a guy who wants to put a duck in my as" and you say your chat is safe. I used to think that it was safe... Now, also people scam way too much and AJ does nothing but suspend you for a day!! Oh yeah and TERRIBLE customer service. My membership was 60 bucks! They are thirsty for money. The rare items they put out just makes jammers jealous. At least have it in the diamond shop 3 days a week!i got suspended for talking about youtube and saying eggs as they are. Seriously! Stupid...

I used to love and cherish this game and now its TRASH. I think you should fix this!

lfcfcj
6/13/18

This is a very fun game. whilst educational it also offers alot of other choices to do in-game so you can also have fun. an amazing community with the chat system limited so it is hard to bully somebody unlike Roblox and other games. Highly reccomend it

kc135
5/16/18

They use email tactics to get you pay for memberships with promises for free add on, only to not honor it because there was some rule to get the add ons, that they didn't advertise.

Will enjoy disputing all charges and getting my money back for their thievery.

avaa7
4/23/18

Animal Jam Is An Amazing Fun Online Game. I love to play it and I'm not addicted. I am only allowed to play electronics on Weekends and even then I only play for about an out an hour at a time.

claram46
4/19/18

The problem with this game is the bullys, scammers and people who have so much time on their hands they spend it by being inapropriate online report the jammer not the game. animal jam itself is a great game for learning about animals and fair trading.

mv73
4/12/18

Parents, Parents.
I understand you concerns about this game,
but the thing is, you are wrong. (sorry if I offenced you.)
If you want to prevent your child to have no addiction with this game, add time restrictions to their device. Once they get used to it, they know when to get on/off.
Animal Jam also has the will to suspend any inappropiate behaviour (this includes activities like scams or inappropiate den activity.)
Also, most bad reviews come from 2013. However, if a jammer says a bad word now in Safe Chat, it isn't in the chat system, hence they can't say it. If they say the word in Safe Chat Plus though, they get locked off their account for X days, however, if the behaviour goes on, the account is permanently de-activated and the only way to activate it once more is to appologise to AJHQ. Also, parents' emails can be told of their child's suspensions.
Also, Animal Jam IS educational, and we can see this in the "Journey Book", where if one sees a form of nature, a fact is given to the jammer with the information. After 11 or so of these are found in one land, the jammer is rewarded with a gift. Also, if one's questions want to be answered, Brad's Labratory (general animal questions) or Aquarium Theater (Sea Life) are places to look.
Also, AJHQ's Membership services aren't anything to complain about, but these are services, so don't expect them to be perfect-perfect.
Also, if one loses his/her items to a scammer, most items can be recovered by AJHQ. However, certain, discontinued items (like headdresses) can't be returned.
So all and all, Animal Jam is a good and safe game.

Tip for consumers: Stay safe and have fun!

alinat15
4/11/18

it is very approprate and has lots of fun games and you get to trade stuff. it is apropaite for kids age 8 and up there is only a certain amout of things you can say and you can not say anything personal

emeriv
4/9/18

All right, let's all settle down. Animal Jam, right? Seems innocent. You log in, and boom. You got this animal and you walk around, play games, chat, have fun, and make new friends. Yet, these are just the pros. Oh, yes, it gets worse.

From here, you may think it's as innocent as it seems. But, addiction. One thing literally everyone fears. It's common with this game, as you collect coins as you continue throughout the game. However, this action can be repeated. Over and over, the player continues to get coins. This leads to addiction. Yet, these coins lead us into the next con.

Coins give the player ability to buy clothes to customize your character, (Hint, hint, for the next con!) but sometimes, coins can be wasted causing rage to the player. Rage leads to a complete different personality within yourself. This leads to mood changes, and those completely change you and yourself.

Alright, character customization. It can be handled, but, of course, this game? No. Bragging is the HUGE problem with this character customization. The best item category (spikes) are the biggest problem. But, just wait for the next con.

You know how I said people can get addicted? Yeah, I don't know how. There's a limited amount of games you can play, (which eventually get very boring) which probably isn't going to change. Then you got the social-chatting part of the game. Ha! You thought you could socialize? Na! All we talk about is, "Oh, give me this for that!" and, "Gimme your spike for my spike!" Yeah, all you can do to fit in or even "socialize" in this game is ask for crap that you don't have.

Okay, we got a bunch of kids on this website saying they learned something as an excuse to continue playing without punishment. However, for a National Geographic game, you'd think they'd make it educational. Except, you're wrong. You can learn absolutely NOTHING from this website.

Scams. Good 'ol way to get free stuff without effort. Since this game is for clueless kids, they would fall for the scams and have everything they worked for completely stolen.

Ah, almost forgot about the chat. It's the public way to contact people/strangers. Not really the safest thing, but it is at least slightly monitored. Yet, players can mix the allowed characters to get by the filtering system. The game doesn't recognize as bad, so they allow it to go through. The player reads it off as what is intended by the person who typed it. This causes one of the two. The reader to get very uncomfortable, or the reader to get very insulted.

These probably aren't all the cons in the world about Animal Jam, but I listed all the ones I could think of. I hope, if you're a parent or principal wanting to block the game, that you surely will. This game has not reached the requirements to be allowed for kids. I hope your day will be splendid and enjoyed.

Thanks! -EmeriV

ninas71
3/31/18

I started early 2013. I grew addicted to this game, going behind my parents' backs. After growing rarer and rarer, I became more and more addicted. All the items I wanted were coming to me after hours of gameplay. I chose Animal Jam over my homework and school. Grades dropped, parents yelled. I lied to them, claiming to do something else and really just playing the game. After I got a headdress, I grew a horirble attitude. As if I was better than everyone else on the game. I grew addicted to my powers. I grew rarer and rarer, but also meaner. I developed an attitude out of the game too. Before playing when I was younger, I was obedient and modest. I feel deeply ashamed, but I am writing this to warn others. Within my fifth year of playing, I realized I have an addiction. Some nights I stayed up until 3:00 in the morning playing Animal Jam. After years and years, I finally blocked the site on my computer before my grades start to affect my school life any further. Please... don't play this game. You may never leave.....

eunsill
3/29/18

My daughter bought the membership for 6 months and we didn't aware of their auto-recurring membership charge. So I complained through PayPal, and now Animal Jam banned my account and my daughters account permanently without any explanations or email contact. Bad customer service!!! I'm glad that my daughter outgrew this game.

someo25
3/22/18

hi i really like animal jam i've learned about so many animals and i met a lot of friends and ita really good and yeah

alexm361
3/10/18

great game but there is so many ways around the chat filters people have sex and online date and ajhq dosent do anything its true its addicting but the things saying "it will change your kids" is not always true it depends on how you raise your kids and what your kids are like.

nejf
3/2/18

I was at the lucky clover adventure and i got the big key and i went to get my prize, but it was loding tooo long.. i waited ike half an hours, and i had to go to sleep... i worked very hard on this adventure and i dont even get my big gift, my internette is working proprely but this sucks. Now i had to log off and restart, im very sad. and i gave up like 1 hours to do this.

amyb242
3/2/18

Customer service is ridiculous. I thought I was purchasing a 6 month membership and it WAS NOT. After phone tag and several emails they were not able to refund my money. even though there has been NO ACTIVITY on the account for years shame on me for not watching BUT SHAME on them for charging me. Even the page states MEMBERSHIP TERM but that is not the TERM that is the BILLING CYCLE. NOT a membership term.

selenen1
1/21/18

Then the membership cancellations are almost impossible, ones that you ready to cancel good luck and be patient lots of back and forth stupid questions just to waste your time, so far I have 14 emails back and forth and still not cancel.
Really disappointed!!

roser67
1/4/18

,So I was playing animal jam i saw some animals (wolfs) looking very friendly they said''come to my party to have some fun'' I thought it was going to be fun ,but it was a horrible site to see i saw wolfs having ''fun'' and a pillow saying s3x I got of the site and stop playing in 2 years i wonder how it look like now

But if kids like it then they should play but always watch your kid you might not know what there doing.

kimd123
11/28/17

Pervert Hangout!!!! Gross Pedophiles on here. Inappropriate and just gross, grown men pretending to be kids....sick as it gets

annal183
10/28/17

Being rare in this game is what jammers love. I get it. It's fun becoming more rare and getting things you want. But jammers often have problems with this. If you decline a trade, often a jammer will complain that it was fair and it will start a whole argument. In my opinion, it's just a pixel. So I don't get upset when a jammer says no to my trade. There are tons of arguments in this game which makes this less fun and upsetting for some jammers. The arguments normally have to do with rares. If a declined trade happens, an argument happens. If trust happens, then normally a jammer gets scammed and locked out.

dianel89
10/15/17

They mention at least 3-4 times on the app how safe they are but I assure you it is laden with inappropriate behavior and explicit conversations. Players will 'teach' your child (under 10 years old) how to 'filter dodge' so they can have discussions and then 'sleep together' in their dens....which depicts animals jumping on one another while making comments about doing it faster or deeper etc.....If you allow your children in this game, you will likely wake up one day and realize your child is a victim of sexual harassment/assault, etc.
Just google animal jam sexting and read reviews and look at a few you tube videos from your search - you will be shocked. I wish I had known this before my daughter was exposed.

catmayt
10/4/17

please get out of this game. This game is too addictive to me.do not play this game it is crazy.i warn everyone to stop playing now.there is also scammers.play other game but animal jam.i am also trying to stay away.even if you have a spike or rainbow spike stay away.if your playing this game and your mom or dad is reading this you should also read this.i am going crazy of this game.if you dont have this game and you want it do not get this game.if you play this you forget homework and don't listen to your parents.it will get more addictive to you i promise.

thegoldenf
9/15/17

Animal jam may look great and all but the more you play the more addicted you get!
I know that for a fact because I used to be addicted to Animal jam. Luckily I've quit. What I've noticed while playing animal jam is lots of bullying, hacking, scamming and sexual contact! I've been hacked in Animal jam a lot! Animal jam does return my items but what really made me quit was once I was hacked and EVERYTHING was gone I told Animal jam Head Quarters and after some research they said they couldn't return the items! which made me angry because I just realized that I WASTED ALL MY TIME GETTING ALL THOSE RARE SPIKED COLLARS/WRISTBANDS FOR NOTHING!!!! Well at least now that Animal jam is out of my life. So... in conclusion (this is especially for parents) never EVER let your kids play Animal jam because then you and your kids are danger!

Thanks for reading my report!

oldb2
9/14/17

I've been playing animal jam for years- now I've quit. In the earlier stages of the game, there was a lot of role playing, like playing house online and pretending to date. There were a lot of users saying stuff like "if you like me come to my den". So it was a lot like a chatroom of sorts. Recently, there have been restrictions on chat, so now the game is entirely about "trading"- meaning who can get the most and rarest possessions. So in a nutshell, animal jam is a very materialistic game, and it teaches an unhealthy policy of consumerism. Ironically, animal jam was never meant to be a materialistic game. It was supposed to be an educational game, and teach kids about nature. But really, kids are being deprived of nature because they are sitting in front of screens, measuring all of their self worth on how many accessories they have.

juliets9
9/4/17

The game is nice and all the graphics are amazing everyone loves it but tons have had problems like hackers and scammers, I think non members shouldn't be left behind they shouldn't be allowed to be so rude to nonmembers.A lot of members should be nicer to nonmembers.The worst thing is animal jam does not care. They should also put the rares back in stores so everyone wont be so sad because they don't have that item. Then scammers will just scam them for it. Then they will be sad. I'm happy animal jam got filtered chat but people can still find their way around it. Animal jam head quarters should be more concerned about this. I was addicted to this game for a long time but all the items i worked so hard on were lost because i lost my password. So if you let your child play this game i suggest they be careful.

rachelk75
9/1/17

The filters may be in place but people find their way around them. If you contact AJHQ with a serious concern they will ignore it. There is no phone number to speak with a live person. There is no protection from sexual predators and the employees are for the most part at AJHQ not actually interested in protecting your child.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

You should report the person who scammed you. You should also look up the different types of scams so you can avoid being scammed in the future.

By Annaliese P.

Members get cool stuff like members only items and animals as a reward for buying a membership. Otherwise, no one would buy a membership, so AJHQ wouldn't have any money and they wouldn't be able to keep running the game. However, there are some cool things for non-members as well; you might just have to look a little harder.

By Annaliese P.

Questions? Get answers from the AnimalJam staff and other customers.

AnimalJam?