Review of Altrec

Bend, Oregon 97702, USA
customerservice@altrec.com

jasw9
12/17/15

The whole shopping experience is terrible. First, I couldn't track my order online. It kept telling me that my order# was invalid. Everyday when I called customer service, different rep. gave me different reason why I couldn't check my order status online, and none of them was a valid reason. Second, every time when I called their customer service, there was a long holding time. Third (the worse), the site shows products in stock while they are not. I called the customer service the day after I placed my order, and I was told the order would be shipped out that night, and I would receive an email notification about the shipment. I didn't receive anything that night, so I called back the next day, the rep told me that they didn't have the product in stock; however, the product is still showing in stock while I am writing this review today. They not informing me of back order caused delay for me to look for the alternative. Fourth, their customer service was horrible. They made up stories, and the supervisor didn't pick up the call when I asked for transfer, and he didn't return my call when I left him a voice mail. I also emailed them online, and no one responded to me either. I wouldn't shop there again, and I will not recommend this site to anyone.

jesc2
10/5/15

There are way too many companies online to waste your time and money with this one. I ordered a Roxy shirt and a pair of Reefs. The shipping stated 3-8 business days, I received it in 10. Not great to begin with, but not a deal breaker. When I opened the package, only the shoes were in there. The shirt was nowhere to be found. I called the company today to see what happened and they stated it was out of stock so they just didn't send it. I received no notification whatsoever. Too bad-I am leaving for vacation this week and was excited to bring it with me. Lackadaisical attitude and turtle slow shipping will have me directing my online business elsewhere!!

johnc291
1/22/15

Altrec can eat it, and I mean literally eat the jacket they sold me. Their Policies in 2011 were LIFETIME WARRANTY on ALL jackets. When I inquired a year later in 2012 they said that policy was no longer in effect. Fraudulent practice, bait and switch. It's bad enough that they sold a defective jacket, but it's just salting the wound when they won't stand behind their own policy. Online chat is non existent, customer service representative is rude when you call, and Aktrec flat out LIES about shipping times. Never again will this company get my money, and I'll make sure anyone else that's looking for gear stays away from Altrec.com as well.

ethanh26
6/28/14

Got a Nike men's snowboard jacket and did a return that I never saw a credit for. I emailed the company and they asked for an RMA which I provided. Then asked for shipping info, which I provided. After going through all the trouble of weeks back and forth emails, now after I provided all they requested information they just ignore me.
WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH ALTREC.

Response from Customer S., Altrec Representative
The tracking number you provided did not show that the return was ever received at our warehouse. Can you provide a tracking number that shows the jacket was received at our warehouse?
eh25
12/10/13

Purchased a Nike Mens snowboarding Jacket from Altrec.com and 2 years later all the down feathers are COMPLETELY gone from the sides and back of it. In 2011 their policy was LIFETIME GUARANTEE in every purchase. I called this year to do an exchange and they said "oh our policy has changed, we no longer offer lifetime protection". I did get an RMA so I'll send it back and see if they'll replace or refund it.
Will follow up after they receive it for final star review.

Response from Customer S., Altrec Representative
Please contact our customer service departments at 800-369-3949 so we can verify that we received your return and a credit has been processed.
sarab11
7/25/13

Will not purchase from them again

In an attempt to do business with a local company, I ordered a garment from Altrec.com on 3 July. By 9 July the item had not been shipped and there was no correspondence from Altrec. I phoned customer service and also emailed asking where my order was. "Very sorry for the delay, blah, blah. The supplier is at fault, blah, blah." By 11 July the item had still not shipped. I sent an email asking that the order be cancelled. On 12 July I phoned my bank to dispute the charge on the credit card and had a three way conversation with bank customer service and Altrec customer service. Altrec said that the item had shipped that day and would arrive on the 15th. It did, but I had requested a return invoice and postage and immediately sent it back to Altrec. The return was received and signed for at 9:35 a.m. on 16 Jus the afternoon of 24 July, and there has been no email confirmation nor a redeposit to my account. I contacted the bank yesterday and initiated dispute process. Altrec's failure to communicate, lengthy delays, and failure to follow their own stated policies make them impossible to do business with. I would give them no stars if the option were available.

Response from Customer S., Altrec Representative
We are very sorry that your order did not ship in the time you expected. Please give us a call at 800-369-3949 so we can make this right for you and verify that your credit has been processed.
lindad9
7/4/13

We had a horrible experience!! Delivery was an issue, but not the biggest deal. Ordered an Arctery'x jacket by phone. We were promised overnight shipment. The jacket came 6 days later. The BIG DEAL...it came and had been worn...dirt all over the collar...and the tags were not original! An arctery'x tag was put in the plastic bag...you could see that a new sticker was placed over the old sticker...the old sticker could be read and was a different model! The rep on the phone promised that this jacket was made in Canada...when it arrived, the tag said...made in China. To their credit, we were given a free return and a full refund.

Response from Customer S., Altrec Representative
Thank you for your feedback and we are very sorry you received an item that had been used. Please contact us at 800-369-3949 so we can rectify your situation.
jk38
6/28/13

fast shipping, always find the best deals on jackets here. my new patagucci is supper nice

ericaw2
5/9/13

Buyer Beware! Return Policy for Altrec is Terrible! Still waiting for a credit on my credit card for a return I did 4 weeks ago! Customer service when I call - Do Not Care At All! Beware even when you order from Amazon- it is the same return policy not good Amazon return policy. Buyer Beware of buying anything from Altrec that you may need to return for any reason!

Response from Customer S., Altrec Representative
We are sorry that your credit did not go through as quickly as you had expected. Please give us a call at 800-369-3949 and we can verify that your return has been credited.
heidim2
1/4/12

Bought a North Face coat and got it for a good price. No problems with shipping ot anything. Would buy from them again.

timd9
8/22/11

My experience was great and super fast.This may be helpful. You can avoid the wait and speak directly to a sales rep by dialing 866-945-8263. So much easier talking directly with a knowledgeable person regarding my order.

darvc
8/5/11

I ordered twice from this site for my winter shoes and clothing. Fortunately I haven't had any problems with my orders. The prices here are pretty reasonable, especially if things are on sale and half off. The winter boots I bought are really durable, comfy, and look great. They also give 20% off coupons if you review the products you received. So since I bought everything I needed, now my roommate will be saving 20% on her winter wear haha

carag1
5/7/11

Altrec.com is the best website for perusal and purchasing outdoors- related clothing, camping gear, shoes etc. They offer a user -friendly website with real live human help if you need it. In addition, if you find that a year or more later, you've never worn an item or are dissatisfied with it for any reason, they will refund you if you send the item back, no questions asked. I love them!

mattb7
8/10/10

I ordered a North Face shirt from Altrec.com and never received it, absolutely horrible . Never order from them.

Response from Customer S., Altrec Representative
Please contact our customer service team at 800-369-3949 and we can look in to why you did not receive the shirt that you ordered.
kajk
7/29/09

Horrible, horrible service.

They shipped the wrong product, then wanted me to pay for the charges to ship the correct product. After a fight with the customer service representative, spoke with a supervisor who claimed that Altrec would ship the correct product FedEx OVERNIGHT.

It turns out they did not ship the supposedly correct product OVERNIGHT, but, rather, shipped it FedEx Home Delivery (about 5-7 days per FedEx representative). Consequently, the item did not reach my home before I left on vacation (and still hasn't).

I recommend NeverNever using Altrec; it clearly is not a dependable, reliable company.

Oh, and their company chat online - doesn't work or they deliberately cancelled me because twice I was first in line and all of the sudden the screen said, call back.

Response from Customer S., Altrec Representative
We are very sorry that you received the incorrect product and that the replacement was not shipped overnight as was promised. Please contact our customer service department so we can make this right for you.
dylanh
12/31/08

great shoe deals - i was in need of some new boots capable of maintaining comfort in subzero temps. I tried zappos and they were out of my size so i googled what i wanted, found this site and within this site were magica prices that made me drool so i found a very fitting pair of boots and bought them. everything was mega simple, the side search results were helpful in choosing a product that might fit the criteria of my product requirements.

Questions? Get answers from the Altrec staff and other customers.

Altrec?