Review of 599Fashion

Tel: +1-213-232-9741
info@599fashion.com

katiez80
4/24/19

The first couple times I ordered I was happy with the my experience, although you do have to be careful what you choose because the quality isn't that great, for the price I was not expecting it to be. The final time I placed an order I did not receive my package and believe it was stolen from my doorstep, when I called and said this they told me I would need to file a police report?? Okay, I can understand if I were a repeat caller with that issue but that was the 1st time that happened.. They never gave me a refund or reshipped my items and I have never shopped with them again because of that. Now I see their prices have gone up, it's not worth it.

rpre
12/10/18

When I first started shopping with this company I was deeply pleased but then a couple years ago they went from GREAT to a NO. They are very very very expensive. Nothing good is 599 and they DO NOT LIVE up to their name at all! I wish they would return to how they were.

"Bad quality, Expensive price!" should be there name now.

siantew
10/31/18

I remember back when this company offered quality items at the $5.99 price point. They now have lowered the quality- quadrupled the prices & have not updated their website since back in 2012 when I used to shop with them. And they still have the same OUT OF STYLE clothing from back in 2012 almost 6 years later- just delusional. I posted a picture of one of the old corny shirts that they expect someone to pay over $20.00 for. It's laughable. Don't listen to whoever this person is who is responding to the bad reviews. It's sad to say, but I don't give this current business model much time- they'll probably end up donating a majority of these cheap clothes to Goodwill/ Salvation Army anyway once the business goes under.

florenceb39
8/29/18

IF YOU WEAR PLUS SIZES (HERE THAT MEANS 14 AND UP) THEIR SELECTION IS OFFENSIVE. AS WELL AS THE FACT THAT ONLY THE REALLY CRAPPY STUFF IS 5.99. I BELIEVE THAT FOR THEM TO STILL USE THE NAME 599 FASHION IS DISHONEST.

joana83
7/17/18

Change your name you did what all retailers do. They start selling cheap once they make name they sky rocket prices.

maries144
3/16/18

I ordered 4 items; a large dress, pair of shoes, a black shirt and sun glasses.
Large dress 5.99- The dress fit true to size and the material was very nice. I was not expecting the material to be so nice. I love the dress. (5'3, 183 lbs.) This dress anywhere is would easily be 20$.
Shoes- Heeled sandals size 8. I feel like the shoe was decent for 11$. The size seemed true, I wish I went up a half size but they fit. I like them and cant wait to wear them. Walked around the house they are comfortable so far.
Black Shirt- The shirt was 7.99 ordered in a large. Material seemed thin but you cannot see through the shirt. The shirt is very soft and stylish.
Sun glasses- I paid 99c and I love them. Cute and stylish for 99c
I ordered from this sight years ago 2010 (ish) I loved the clothes then (I was a small) but all clothes was 5.99. They raised the prices a decent amount but I haven't seen anything over 20$. Not too much to choose from for 5.99. In my opinion some items are worth the up charge and some are not. I don't let it bother me, buy it for more or don't or wait for it to go on sale. Some items you can wait to go on sale for a price drop. If you are a large like me don't wait. The large size clothes seem to go first and have a limited supply(not plus size but large in regular size). This site makes a lot more small clothes. I wish they would make more clothes for sizes bigger than a small. I like it so far and customer service is great. My first order took 9 business days. My second order will not take that long if so its okay. Ordering all summer clothes so no rush.

sabrinam58
1/20/18

I started shopping with this company back in 2010-I used to get really nice quality plus size clothing for $5.99 or less-now almost everything is $5.99 and up-there is no way this is a discount clothing store anymore-the title of the store needs to change-and it is clearly falsely advertising now-really disappointed as when the clothing was a great value it was worth it-i would load up my cart and buy once or twice a quarter-my last purchase I was not impressed and will no longer be shopping with them-

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
Hi we are getting better quality clothing and better selection of merchandise. Our prices are still very low considering the merchandise we provide + we now offer free shipping for orders over $50
We also have weekly $5.99 special promotions. Please check the link below for over 500 items $5.99 and less.
nellyn7
12/19/17

First of all HORRIBLE customer service!!! Secondly, the shipping is the worst I have experienced with any online company (and I shop a lot online). Save yourself time and headache and shop elsewhere. I tried getting my free shipping label and they said it was past the 14 days policy. They said I received my order on Nov 28 but I actually did not receive it until Dece 1st. They also do not mention those 14 days count weekends as well. So by the time you get the order you don't have much time after especially with the weekends. They do not deserve a 1 star!!

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
We offer FREE RETURNS but the request to send items back has to be within the 14 day guideline. Below is your tracking info shipping the package was delivered on the 28th.
November 28, 2017 at 10:51 am
DELIVERED, IN/AT MAILBOX
IRVINE, CA 92614
tracking number: 9405510200864736538925
USPS.COM
Since this was your first time returning items, we have made an exception and provided you with a FREE RETURN label.
catherinew63
11/13/17

I like the site but I could just go to a regular brick store at their price point. And they have increased the prices even more. Pointless to shop there now

julias57
9/18/17

I, too, was disappointed by the price raise because at a $10 price point I could just wait for a sale at Rue21 or similar retailer who are slightly better quality and more options. But for some of their products, $10 is still a fair price.

The quality is okay - similar to any other cheap trendy retailer. One thing that is frustrating is that they started allowing reviews on their website, but will only post positive reviews. So you can't get a true feel for what an item is like.

The biggest problem I would say is their shipping and handling. It's very slow compared to other online retailers.

But overall, for cheap clothes and shoes it's an average site. So I'd give it 3 stars.

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
Hi Julia, thanks for your feedback and comment, we really appreciate it. Regarding our prices, not everything on our website is $9.99, we have items $8.99, $7.99, $6.99 and over 1000 skus at $5.99 and less. Our standard shipping option is 8-12 business days, and our packages arrive usually close to the 7th or 8th day mark, unless we are really busy with orders. Also keep in mind we offer free returns in case you are not 100% happy with the items you receive.
mekab1
6/9/17

I placed my order on May 29 received my order June 8 fast shipping !!! plus I ordered alot of things. Each time I called customer service to check delivery tracking they were helpful w correct info. Clothes quality is great it's not cheap,thin & see through material also shoes are good quality.

theresat29
4/17/17

I've completed 2 orders now through 599 and really love it.

I hate spending a lot on clothes (especially over the past several years where my weight kept going drastically down and better yet now that I've gained quite a bit back). I've never been a fan of clothes shopping: finding stuff you like only to find the one size you need is out, trying things on one after another, the constant undressing and re-dressing because you need to go swap sizes or don't like how something looked so you need to find something completely new.... Gah.. just not my idea of a good day.

Being able to browse the site casually and think on things for a few days (granted, running the risk they get sold out in that time) is a dream. Their returns policy is super easy and really customer-friendly.

I've had to return just 3 items out of the I-don't-know-how-many items I've purchased and their process was super easy (plus, I like the options you have for a refund, credit, etc; I've gone with credit because I figure I'm going to get more anyway). They have a wide variety (at least for women, would love to see more selection for men!) and great prices.

I've seen people complain that not all their items are $5.99, but being able to get some of these shoes, jeans, and/or dresses at $9.99 (I think that's the highest price of anything there) is still a freaking steal.

Anytime I've ordered something that turned out to be out of stock, they've been quick to email me with different options (if I wanted a chance to get a different item instead or if I'd rather get the rest of the order ASAP with a refund or credit, etc etc).

I've had a great experience with this store, even with the little disappointments/inconveniences like an out of stock item or returns.

I actually get excited now about clothes. It's a lot more enjoyable trying on my orders (like the spoils of war!) versus trying to hunt things down in-store(s) and combine the "do I like this?" search with the "will it fit?" drudgery in the same go...

Having the size chart is nice, but having the measurements for the models pictured and stuff *really* helps with getting a pretty close fit off the bat (we all know how sizes can be inconsistent through different brands and styles).

I can see being a long-term customer, easily.

sarahw175
3/14/17

I've ordered from 599Fashion a few times now. The inventory seems made up of items by various brands that are factory overstock, deadstock, or just didn't sell. That in itself is reassuring- 599Fashion is definitely not a scam, you can take it at face value. At worst, the items I bought were equivalent to mall fast-fashion store quality. At best, they were decent department-store quality. Everything has arrived looking the same as it did online, no defects or bad smells, and the sizing has been generally accurate. I do think lots of the pieces are unattractive (might be why much of it didn't originally sell), but the photos are clear, the items are worn by actual models, and new inventory comes often. When I needed help I received it courteously and promptly. I do wish there were more filtering options available, but with a little patience you can find nice things.

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
Hi Sarah, thanks for your feedback, we are actually working on implementing a better filtering option, hopefully in the next few weeks we will have it ready.
patricias152
12/25/16

Ya about two weeks ago my husband bought me this sweater from 599 fashions three days ago I got a email saying they ran out of stock in my size I looked tonight the sweater is there in my size and it does not say restocked and they said they would put the money back on my husbands credit I know it was only nine dollars but we don't have know money either this was soppose to be my Christmas gift now my husband is mad what away to make money on people I order from them a while back everything was fine anyone else cares go to wish website they are good with cloths just have to order bigger sizes because there from China but they have nice cloths and yes they carry plus sizes

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
Hi Patricia, can you give me your order number please and I will check the issue regarding the refund for the sold out item please - you can send the email to info@599fashion.com
kayd144
12/17/16

I placed an order Dec 1st and its now Dec 17 and i still have no package. It shows shipped but does show that it had arrived at USPS. shipping says 8 to 12 days. Shipping is awful. they have raised prices and have horrible shipping
i may not shop here again. i needed some of the items for dec 17 anf i thought surely 2 weeks would be enough time to get to me. boy was i wrong.

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
Hi Kay, please note the shipping you paid for was 8-12 business days, if you for some reason you did receive the order after the 12th business day I apologize for that, please let me know and we will definitely refund you for the shipping you paid. You can send your order information to info@599fashion.com
sunnya4
8/14/16

I ordered about 20 items from this site about 14 days ago. Their site says that they have 8-12 day shipping. I am still waiting on my order. On the 11 they updated the ups tracking and said it was in indiana. Today is the 14th and the ups is still not updated. Where are my items? I live in Wisconsin I should have received my items by now. I will most likely never order from them again.

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
Hi Sunny, please note the shipping you paid for was 8-12 business days, if you for some reason you did receive the order after the 12th business day I apologize for that, please let me know and we will definitely refund you for the shipping you paid. You can send your order information to info@599fashion.com
christieb9
7/19/16

$5.99fashion.com was one of my favorite online shopping sites for years.

Their business model was brilliant! The consistent low pricing and high turn over of items made the site almost addictive. There was almost nowhere you could find such inexpensive clothing online, let alone a whole site at a price point of $5.99. What attracted customers was the low price, what kept them coming back was the not-so-bad-quality and style CONSIDERING the price.

Many junior's shops have closed since 2008, between the economic crisis and the rise of massive fast fashion chains like H&M and Forever21. Seems 5.99fashion made the fatal mistake to try to compete with these types of stores by hiking up their prices and offering free shipping deals. Somehow I doubt that is going to work for them...

Their pricing was the gimmick that got them noticed. They captured a niche market and spent years building a good name for themselves and a loyal customer base (like myself) using blog reviews.

However, now that they altered their pricing the only thing they have to offer is not as cool, not as cute, lesser-quality clothes at the same price that I can find hip trendy ultra cute clothes at H&M or Forever21. If you want to pay twice as much for the same junk they were selling at $5.99, then I guess will like this site.

The name is 5.99fashion....... Think the owners lost touch with who they are. If I were you, I'd hold off buying anything from them at the moment. It is only a matter of time before you will be able to rack up some great deals at their going out of business sale. Really, what a shame!

larryj53
6/29/16

I have been a long standing customer for years with 599fashion.com and have bought up to over 1,000 of merchandise over the years. They will pay for shipping and free returns ONLY if you send back within 7 days. I was out of town and told this company I was out of town. When I came back the item was actually received 5 days prior to when I came home and they gave me 2 days after coming back to submit the request to send anything back. I sent in my request to send items back the same week and they refused to do a free return since it was not in the 7 days from when the item was received ( when I was not even here) and after I told them I was not at my home and out of town and I even wrote them about this when I pay for the items and specifically asked for a grace period. They said due to policy they could not do anything and I can return the item but have to pay for shipping myself and there is going to be 20% stocking fee on top of this. I will NEVER by from them again and would strongly recommend you do not consider working with this company. HORRIBLE customer service.

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
Hi Larry, you don't have to send back the item within 7 days, you can just have to make the request by filling out the form on our website within 7 days. Once we provide you the FREE label you have 30 days after that to return the items.
nancyi14
5/13/16

I've been scouting for a replacement online store ever since Moddeals and 10dollarmall suddenly shut down 2 months ago. When I researched this store, the majority of the negative reviews complained about "raised prices." I guess it's a good thing I found it now because these are still affordable and I'm so grateful for that.

I ordered 13 items on my first purchase (monthly 10 percent discount is awesome). The quality is surprisingly really good, maybe even better than the 2 I frequented before but definitely better than the likes of Forever 21.

Customer service was also very helpful. I was concerned about when my item was going to ship so I contacted them 2 days after I placed my order both through their website and on their Facebook page. They answered within 24 hours as promised and my order just arrived a week later.

Overall, I am very satisfied and will definitely shop here again so long as they don't suddenly shut down on me! :)

**One minor complaint: please fix the website to make it more user friendly for desktop and mobile phones.

vanessag22
5/4/16

They used to be a great place to shop, and I would buy a lot at a time because of the prices. Now, the price is doubled on everything. It's disappointing to even shop here.

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
Hi Vanessa, Please note 90% of the items on our website are still $5.99 & less. We also offer FREE shipping, FREE returns, NEW rewards program which allows customers to collect points and redeem items for FREE, and the quality of the items we offer for everything under $10 - is still an extremely great deal!!!
carterj4
4/6/16

I've purchased from this site a lot of times mainly because I've tested the quality and was happy with it. Their prices were unbeatable, $5.99 for everything!! Now they have out of the blue changed their prices??? This defeats the purpose of 599fashion!!! This is why people shop on your site, BECAUSE you offer such Amazing deals! Now since they are being greedy like all other clothing retailers, I won't be buying from then again! They pay close to nothing for these clothes like all their retailers and the fact that they are now trying to increase prices ALL at one time is a shame and I'm sure they will be losing a lot of repeat customers.

evelynb15
3/31/16

March 2015, I made an order worth about $75 to order summer clothes for a vacation in May (2015). I never did receive my order until AFTER my vacation 2 months later. So I mailed the stuff back because I had gotten my clothes from somewhere else and I wasn't really liking the clothes. I never did receive a refund. I called customer service and they told me since they received the stuff more than 6 wks later, all I could get was a store credit. It didn't make sense because they didn't even ship my stuff out until after 6 wks had passed. How shabby!! So, I finally used my store credit and it was down to $27.96!! I called customer service and they said they had to take 20% to restock items. Even more shabby!!! I will never order from these guys again!
By the way, my favorite place to order from is 10dollarmall.com. Always fast. And when I do return items, I always get credited back to my credit card!!!!

nickellm
3/29/16

I have only written great reviews about this site in the past.
But since the raised their prices by 50% all at one time, I will no longer be shopping there. The prices are still kind of low but its the principal of the whole thing.
Since they raised the prices by 50%, I will cut down my shopping on there site by 90%.

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
Hi Nickell, Please note 90% of the items on our website are still $5.99 & less. We also offer FREE shipping, FREE returns, NEW rewards program which allows customers to collect points and redeem items for FREE, and the quality of the items we offer for everything under $10 - is still an extremely great deal!!!
savib
3/18/16

I placed 3 orders a few days apart for a bunch of stuff from this site hoping that it wouldn't be a "too good to be true" situation. While the prices were great and shipping was fast, I sent some of these clothes/accessories to a friend on a military base overseas and after sitting down once the jeans ripped. Unfortunately, the time and money it would take to send these back is not even worth it. I am now wary of anything on this site and I'm worried that the other items I have purchased will have issues as well. 599fashion has lost my trust and future business. I emailed them regarding the issue a few minutes ago and I'm sure the customer service aspect will be fine, but it doesn't make up for the poor quality control.

Response from edmond a., 599Fashion Representative
Hi Savi, I apologize for the damaged merchandise you have received, we do our best to make sure all items are inspected before it gets shipped out. We will email you a prepaid label you can use to send the item back for free for exchange or refund. Please click on the link below to view our return policy and fill out the return request form. Or visit the “returns” page on our website.

maggieb27
2/16/16

Great quality stuff for an awesome price, takes a few weeks to ship,but returns are free. Customer service is awesome. Love this site and have ordered off of it multiple times and will continue to :)

It depends. You can get over night shipping, but it will cost more. The regular shipping should take about a week.

By Alexandria S.

It is hard to say, some items will be available for months while others will sell out in days.

By edmond a., 599Fashion Representative

Hi here is your order number FA-405258 : Denisa Baptiste The email below is what you provided to us as maybe thats why you have not been getting the email confirmation denisacbaptiste@mail.com I will go ahead and update the email address to denisacbaptiste@gmail.com the order has been processed we have the following item sold out Ladies lightweight knit cardigan featuring an open draped front, long sleeves, and an asymmetrical hem-id.33681d Select Size: L Please let me know if you like to replace the sold out item or ship the rest of the order and get a refund.

By edmond a., 599Fashion Representative

yes you can pay with prepaid visa or mastercard

By edmond a., 599Fashion Representative

Questions? Get answers from the 599Fashion staff and other customers.

1 Photo for 599Fashion