1800Flowers.ca

1800Flowers.ca has a consumer rating of 1.33 stars from 12 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. 1800Flowers.ca also ranks 163rd among Flower Delivery sites. The most common issues with 1800Flowers.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• What I found interesting is that the next day after ordering on line and using my credit card, my card was compromised!!

• Another call to customer service to find out they couldn't fulfill the order.
How would you rate 1800Flowers.ca?

“Not What I Ordered - But They Sent Another Arrangement the Next Day - Very Impressed”

Mag G.
12/23/19

I ordered a sympathy arrangement from their website and not only did they deliver a day late, but they sent a Christmas arrangement. See photo of the "Christmas" arrangement sent and the all pink and white arrangement that is on their website. I called customer service and the person who assisted me was very helpful and apologetic about the late delivery and reversed the delivery charge and I also received a $20 coupon to use on my next purchase. I did not bother to call and complain about the difference in arrangements as my friend who received the arrangement really liked it. And now 2 days later, they sent another arrangement almost identical to the picture. I think the problem with many of these websites is that certain flowers are not available at certain times of the year and they have to make substitutes. I just wish they would indicate this on the website. Also, be honest and upfront and do not offer same day or one day delivery. What I found interesting is that the next day after ordering on line and using my credit card, my card was compromised!! Not sure if this was coincidence or not.

“Lies, lies more lies”

John L.
3/19/20

Placed an order early Monday morning online. Received email Wednesday night that they attempted to call about delivery delay. Lie number one. Called the number and spoke to Marlo who said that flower arrangement only available in US. Found it again online as we spoke. Lie number 2. Then said he found a shop who would deliver next day. Lie #3. Delivery never happened! Another call to customer service to find out they couldn't fulfill the order. So frustrating!!

customer service (6) credit card (3)
johnl2406
March 19th, 2020
patricko141
February 19th, 2020
Charged me extra for a Saturday delivery then I got notice from courier that delivery would be Friday. I contacted 1800flowers.ca and they said "oh, yah, we don't deliver on Saturdays in that city." Took me five emails to get them to refund the shipping cost. THEN, a neighbour watched for the delivery (on Friday) and took it in as soon as it arrived. And the pic below was what was ordered, and what was delivered. Took 4 more emails to get a refund (they started with suggesting a 50% refund !!!) (AND they had seen the photos!!!!) . This was all for a 50th wedding anniversary :(
monicag141
December 23rd, 2019
dylanp59
March 25th, 2020
Don't use this service, I ordered from them, they charged my credit card but nearly a week later nothing had been delivered. The tracking on their website showed that the florist had my order and was waiting to deliver it though so I called them and was told "they only deliver in major cities", I live in a city of 6.5 million people, the most major city in Canada and their website not only took my order but charged my card and let me to believe it was being delivered. I was then told "that is a bug on their website" so if I hadn't have called they would have never delivered anything and kept my money, they even had the gall to try to up-sell me to something else on their site to be delivered to the same place even though they just told me they don't deliver in my city. Scammers.

Tip for consumers: Don't use it, they're just scamming people in Canada.

tj93
February 19th, 2020
Ordered flowers in advance for someone having surgery. Problem was, they delivered them a week BEFORE the persons' surgery. Embarrassing and unprofessional. And when I called to complain and make it right on the correct date, they suddenly couldn't deliver on the proper date, only 3 days later. Yet their website says they can deliver it, as I went to their site while talking to customer service and it would let me there. So their website lies! So I demanded my money back, only to be told they wouldn't reimburse me for the surcharge and delivery fees (meaning they were keeping over $20)! AWFUL. Ela the girl on customer service just kept saying "I'm sorry" but the entire experience has been atrocious. All I wanted was for the flowers to be delivered as scheduled. And while she was trying to figure out how to process my refund she hung up on me after 45 minutes of waiting!! So I called back and got an "Ela" only to be told it wasn't the same Ela. Seriously!! Sounds like the same Ela to me.
So now I speak with Ela2, I asked to speak to the supervisor. Put on hold 4 more times. Told she Ela2 is working on my refund which interestingly is now $20+ less than it should be. So I again ask to speak with the supervisor. After I finally get a supervisory, Jay, I'm now suddenly told they can deliver on the 22nd. I indicate I don't want it, I want a full refund. So then they finally offer me one in USA Dollars. But my order is in Canadian Dollars. And with the exchange today versus Friday when I purchased, I actually am loosing over CDN$5. This organization is dishonest and disreputable. Don't order from here. Buyer beware.
meaghank2
May 16th, 2018
I was told by the customer service representative that they no longer had flowers, two days after my order was not delivered and of course after I called. I email to voice my disappointment when I was fed the line they are committed to a 100% Smile Guarantee and offered me a $20 voucher to order... flowers??? The service representative said they didn't have any of those. Best to find a local florist and order from them.
johnm2497
October 26th, 2018
We ordered delivery of flowers online via 1800flowers.ca and noticed they erred in the delivery address. They had our own address as the delivery address. When we called to correct the situation it became apparent we had somehow been shunted to a US number. He asked for our zip code for example for an order from Mississauga to Burlington. He corrected the delivery address and said thank you for using 1800 Flowers.COM. I said we were dealing with .ca. The bill on the credit card jumped from 50 dollars to 75 because - it said - the flowers came from the US. A miserable screw-up experience.
larrym379
February 12th, 2019
Orders flowers to the wife at her school. They claim they delivered but the office never received them. They wouldnt take no for an answer on redelivery and im still waiting for the refund!!!
pams257
May 23rd, 2019
A friend was in the hospital and I wanted to send flowers, so I used 1800flowers.ca. Man, what a mistake that was. Firstly, the website was horrid, not user-friendly at all. I should have taken the hint. I was finally able to put my order through. I entered my email address, expecting a copy of the proof of purchase. it never arrived nor was it in my junk folder. a couple of hours after placing the same-day order, I got a voicemail on my phone. I couldn't even understand what the person said, their english was so bad. I managed to figure out the phone number, but not the reference code. I called back and after finally getting through, I again got somebody who could barely speak english. It was next to impossible to understand him and was eventually vaguely made aware that they couldn't deliver my flowers as they couldn't get the exact bouquet I had selected on their website. My question was 'well, why was it on your website then?' to which he had no answer. He was not able to find a replacement order and at one point asked 'do you live in Canada or the US?'. I was astounded. I ordered in canada for a canadian address FROM a canadian address. I insisted he cancel the order and return all of my money IMMEDIATELY. He said it will take 3 - 5 business days for it to show back up on my VISA. You better bet I will be watching that like a hawk. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!! IT was the most horrible customer service I have EVER experienced@!!!
ds80
May 15th, 2014
This company is complete joke. It does not care about long time customers, their emotions and feelings. They are more interested in getting more money, then providing a good service. Why do they offer to deliver Mother’s day flowers AFTER Mother’s day?
I am so tired of wasting my time for speaking with these incompetent people, you wouldn’t imagine!
NEVER AGAIN!
barbarav10
May 19th, 2014
As you outline on your site, these deliveries are of great importance to the people sending and receiving them. My girlfriend received nothing on our anniversary, and I'm not sure why, as my order was placed and paid for with plenty of time to spare.

The flowers were delivered a day later, unfortunately, it was too late.
debellj
May 14th, 2014
Tthe amount of money that was spent on this arrangement was significant, to me anyway. Perhaps it is nothing to a company of this size but it is not to me.
I just came across a facebook page with loads of information. Seems as
though I am not the only one that has been let down. I suppose I will reach out to the names listed on the page between managers and media names it looks like there are a lot of people getting customer service once they have taken it to them. I really hope your customer service department can take care of this, I really think it's a shame to have to take it further.

Scam, they took my money and led me to believe they were going to deliver the order then told me they 'only deliver to major cities in Canada". I live in the largest city in Canada of 6.5 million people so thats just lying.

By Dylan P.