ZenMarket

ZenMarket has a consumer rating of 3.03 stars from 29 reviews indicating that most customers are generally satisfied with their purchases. ZenMarket ranks 77th among Marketplace sites.

How would you rate ZenMarket?

“Good service with some slight delay”

Pejuang N.
10/15/20

Bought a G-SHOCK watch from Japan through ZenMarket and I received the package without any problem. But if you are planning to shop in the nearest future, be aware of some delays in their packing! Except for the delay (well, COVID-19, can't say much), everything else went perfect and the service fees are also quite decent compared to other proxy services I've used before.

“Worst experience ever”

Hiro O.
6/28/20

Don't use this service. They will trick you. I purchased some items and waited for the package for 2 weeks. However, they said they can't ship them to the US though they didn't mention it when I purchased. The cancellation fee was double my payment, which I think illegal, but they didn't change the policy. Finally, they suggested disposing of all items! Who can accept this? This is a real story I experienced in June 2020.

hiroo
June 28th, 2020

christopherc1785
October 5th, 2021

They over charge for everything from bids, to initial shipping to their own warehouse!
They have an arbitrary storage period, afterwhich they will charge you per day. I kept paying the storage fee, then they literally threw my item valued at ¥7500 in the trash!
Buyer is better!

Tip for consumers:
Buyee is better! Don't use zenmarket

Products used:
Mostly plastic model kits from Japan

jeremyd259
April 21st, 2021

I've been using Zenmarket Pretty much every week.On yahoo auctions.And i dont have one complaint. Fair shipping costs no hidden fees. A "rewards" type system with a credit line for faithful buyers. Which is fantastic. Anything from In box neo geo cd system to rare anime collectables. It's not them taking time for shipping its the sellers on the auctionsAnd they deal with a lot of people. You have to be patient 10 out of 10 for me.

Tip for consumers:
Be patient with the shipping i read the reviews its coming from japan its a proxy service Remember they have the items sent to them then to you.They are t Need to know its not zenmarket taking along time to ship you have to see it as the seller on auction taking the time.But soon as it reaches zenmarket they tell you arrives at where house and they get it ready and i recommend DHL they make sure you get your items send texts to let you know and send a picture of your package at your front door.

Products used:
Laserdiscs vintage video game consoles rare collectables

michaelw2341
June 25th, 2020

It is more than 2 wks that my items isn't been packed. They told me it is due to virus outbreak. My Osaka friend told me what Zenmarket try to accuse is not true about limitation by government. I think they're cheating.

scamv2
November 11th, 2020

Recently used this site and I kinda want to post a really bad review of them. Your purchase is not safe with them, like really unsafe. Normally, if an item doesn't Deliver in a week, yahoo auction gives you 5 days to handle a refund. Unfortunately, Zenmarket doesn't care whether the item is delivered or not, so they don't request the refund.
I made a purchase on yahoo japan on Oct 20th, On the 30th I asked whether the item was shipped, and it wasn't. Maybe that's a good time to ask for a refund. But they had to tell me on November 10th that they got ghosted by the seller. So I'd be taking a 250$ loss and they can't help me.
TLDR: Use someone else that refunds you in case of non delivery, it's not impossible like they claim to be.
Probably will edit depending on results.

krism207
March 28th, 2021

I love this site a lot because it has great customer service and fast shipping. They packed my packages nicely and safely so that my items won't break during the shipping.

davidb4953
September 21st, 2020

Package failed to show up, and contacting their customer service I was ignored, promised for it to be resent, then told that was a mistake, and I would need to pay another 50 euros in shipping - with little care or attention to the matter, and its been literally months of emailing - DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

nickm897
May 2nd, 2021

I cannot comment for those who have had issues but I bought the items they were sent to the warehouse and once everything arrived it was packaged and shipped. It took longer than expected but not by an unreasonable amount. This isn't amazon and things are not instantaneous particularly given the current pandemic but as long as you're rationally patient and don't expect miracles you shouldn't be disappointed. Customer service does take some time to respond but are helpful.

louises304
March 20th, 2021

I preordered a figurine that was to be released next year and a mascot that was available. I come back after a year to see that my account has a negative balance and the mascot discarded. I clearly specified I want both items shipped when the figurine is released. They discarded the product I payed for and I had to pay the negative value in order to get the figurine shipped. I do not recommend it.

zantiet
November 10th, 2020

Once you have watched their YouTube tutorial, their website is really easy to use. Fees are cheap compared to the competition at only 300 yen per item - I think they may be the cheapest out there currently. However, I highly recommend that you watch the tutorial video or read one of their "how-to" blogs before using ZenMarket, as if you are new to proxy services, it can be a bit confusing at first.

donnad1723
August 26th, 2021

It takes weeks before you have your order ready to be shipped to you and they charge high fees
I will never use their service again

Tip for consumers:
Don’t use this site they don’t care about customers

Beauty

el147
September 16th, 2021

Do not buy from this company. I recently purchased two electronic goods and they packed the parcel with nearly 4Kg of material. It does not sound legit. It is not mentioned on their website how their packing process is and once you find out and want to change shipping method, they charge you repackage fee.
Communicating with them is a nightmare. They answer vaguely and only reply message once or twice a day.
I believe their company strategies to earn money is to charge customers high shipping fee and repackaging fee if the customer does not feel the shipping method is reasonable and wants to change it.

Tip for consumers:
Consider other parcel forwarding service

Products used:
Still in the communicating process

pejuangn
October 15th, 2020

miker990
October 21st, 2020

ZenMarket is THE proxy y'all are looking for! Aye! I ordered some One Piece figures and they arrived almost immediately! I was surprised on how good the packing was and how convenient the fees are. I heard they got delays but decided to try it anyways... can't understand the people complaining tbh! With me it was faster than fast! Thank you ZenMarket! I'll definitely use them again and will recommend to everyone :)

valv27
December 13th, 2020

This story is about how Naumov Andriy, the CEO at ZenMarket INC, has stolen my money.

I bought a collectible item on Zenmarket website. After purchase I asked Zenmarket to provide some photos of the item. The pictures showed that this is not the same item as was in the listing. I asked for the refund, but they refused to do it.

The customer service managers are very rude and unprofessional. The answers to my queries were often non-sense. They refused to take responsibility for any issues and constantly blamed me.

After a month of nightmare communication with customer service, I still got nothing from them. Zenmarket just STOLE MY MONEY.

This is the most horrible experience I have ever encountered.

josel507
July 23rd, 2020

They used to be an excellent Proxy business for items from Japan until come Covid19... They are the worst, right now, your items get stuck for over a month PLus... they don't care... for the same type of proxy service use Buyee more reliable based from Tokyo not from Osaka, no delays, save your headaches avoid zenmarket

markj1120
March 1st, 2021

I bought a green shirt with square pattern from them, but I received a black shirt with different pattern. They do not check for the correct item before they send them to their customers. The return shipping to Japan is too expensive! 1 star rating!

The incorrect shirt!

nicoler631
August 19th, 2020

Zenmarket is a very sneaky and deceiving company, and I am extremely disappointed with them. I assembled a very expensive shipment with them that included one small bag of candy. When packaging the parcel on their website, there was absolutely no mention ANYWHERE on the shipping page that said I could not ship food through courier services. The system let me pay for shipping with courier service and I had no issue. I later get an email saying that shipping food is not allowed, and I would have to pay 1000 yen to repackage and reship my item without the candy. Why wait until AFTER I pay and assemble my package to tell me it wasn't allowed? Why would your system allow someone to purchase shipping through courier with food in the package, knowing that it isn't allowed? The rule about the food is only mentioned once in their website, in a very hidden help section. Avoid this sneaky company at all costs.

enasa4
October 10th, 2021

Best proxy company. Good customer service and reasonable prices. The time of delivering the products is also very quick

farrahm21
May 15th, 2021

I've used Zenmarket about like 6 times and i've gotta say they are pretty straight forward with the payment systems and the 300 yen fee.The only real downside is often they just deduct the shipping within japan(from the seller to the warehouse) with out any real confirmation... like its not a huge deal but often sellers on yahoo auctions give this vague estimate for how much it'll be. So i recommend adding about $5-$15 extra when you wanna purchase an item via yahoo auctions japan just to be safe ( they do have the net of credit if u don't really care so that's really nice)

Tip for consumers:
Please fully read the faqs !!! this site is honestly mostly meant for like anime merch not like food or really expensive items... like you can order some of that stuff but i'd stick to the basics ( figures, rare merchandise, cards etc etc)

Products used:
so far i have bought just a few rare anime figures and dvds

cs964
October 13th, 2020

I am really happy with the purchase! It was a bit delayed but it's pretty understandable because of the pandemic. There's a good selection of shipping options. All items were extremely well packaged and arrived in perfect condition. Will definitely use it again.

riekot
October 16th, 2020

Always reliable! Whole buying to shipping process was very efficient and smooth. Items are packaged with great care. Thank you zenmarket. :)

christinar532
August 30th, 2021

Beware, this company is not honest. I purchased a trading card for my son... the shipping was advertised to be around 2 dollars... in reality the cost was over 20... the card cost less than 10. I wrote to cancel the order... they charged me a cancellation fee equal to the cost of the card and still charged more for fees (I am still not yet aware of what they are)... meanwhile they are still asking for more money to cover shipping costs of an item they have charged me to cancel... the shipping cost is nearly triple what the item is worth... so if I pay everything they ask, I will have purchased the item (twice) and paid more than twice that for shipping as well as some other fee... STAY AWAY FROM THIS if you want to keep your money

Tip for consumers:
Don't give them any money....

None

mickym21
October 11th, 2020

ZenMarket is the best shopping service from Japan I've ever came across. Their fee is the lowest and there's absolutely no hidden fees whatsoever. Shipping to the US is super quick! Waited for only 1 week and got my parcel with many cool stuff I ordered from Japan.
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED, YOU MUST TRY IT!

tomc1010
October 22nd, 2020

They keep adding fees in order to be send out it's packages. Many times they make mistakes. They are not Japanese.

Naw, Don't ever deal with them again. They on purposely make a mistake and you try to correct the issue then they will charge for you for shippings. I would never TRUST CHINESE COMPANY USING GREAT JAPANESE PRODUCTS AS A BAIT but SCAMMING AROUND THE WORLD UNDER FAKE JAPANESE COMPANY'S MASK.

By Tom C.