Zalando UK

Zalando UK has a consumer rating of 2.85 stars from 20 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Zalando UK most frequently mention customer service problems. Zalando UK ranks 76th among Clothing Other sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 14.3%
How would you rate Zalando UK?

“Brilliant!”

Joanna P.
8/18/21

Really great service, good quality and loved the items I bought, Ive bought a few items since and couldn't be happier will use zolanda regularly now love them!

“AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COST”

Paulina Z.
6/14/20

Appalling company. They received returned item but have not returned the money. For me that's theft! I have been e-mailing them since 27/05/20 (today is 14/06/20) and have not even received an acknowledgement. I sent them 8 e-mails and nothing. I have also copied in CEOs: Rubin Ritter, Robert Gentz, David Schneider and NOTHING. They are all thieves and the fact that the CEOs can't care less about their customers says everything you need to know about the culture in this company. DO NOT BUY ON ZALANDO!

paulinaz5
June 14th, 2020

DO NOT BUY ON ZALANDO!

manobm
August 10th, 2020

I have been waiting for my refund for more than 3 weeks now. Contact customer service use less giving me stupid explanation why I haven't received my refund because of technical error. Lair they sale counterfeit products. This site should closed down as they have failed to value there customers. Keep lying many more customer like me waiting for refund. I do not contact Zalando any longer because it's point less. They are doing illegal by keeping my money and I can't get resolve with them because they are lair so I now contact my bank to get the money back. People who still continue shopping with Zalando stop wasting your money. It's better to buy from Nike, Adidas and all the big brand from there online site where many offer 60% discount and refund within 2days and you have genuine products and peace of mind.

francisc236
December 7th, 2020

Run Run Run
Run Run Run, they are extorting innocent peoples money.
Never had to leave a review, ever, but for Zalando, I decided to so just that.
Zero star rating for all I care.
My order came with 3 items missing, I was proactive and followed up with Zalando and here's what they had to say -
We are sorry you had a few orders missing, unfortunately, this has nothing to do with us and we can issues refunds.

Next step I'm taking them to the small claims court.

PLEASE IF YOU VALUE YOUR TIME, MONEY STAY FAR AWAY FROM THESE CRIMINALS

joannap118
August 18th, 2021

Tip for consumers:
Really quick delivery and free delivery if you spend around 20.00 couldn’t be happier!

Products used:
Shoes

sandys513
December 10th, 2020

I received a pair of shoes, which were far too big. The sizing was ridiculously inaccurate. So, I decided to return them and I processed my return online.

Zolando's return policy is completely misleading. I only use the company because of the option to have returned goods collected from my address. When I tried to select this option, no dates at all were available for pick-up. That's completely dishonest. Considering that goods can be returned within 100 days, Zolando cannot seriously tell me that my return parcel cannot be collected at anytime over the next two months! If the collection service is no-longer available, why not make it clear on the site instead of pretending not have pick-up slots available?

And then, I took time off work today to return the parcel to a collection point. I tried to do so at five different outlets in my area, and I live in central London, and none would take Hermès parcels. Considering that these outlets included Tesco and the post office, this is quite unbelievable.

I have know wasted a significant amount of time walking to the four corners of my neighborhood trying to return this parcel, which completely defeats the purpose of online shopping as a convenient and time-saving shopping option.

It would have been quicker and more time-effective to go to a shop, try the right size and purchase the goods in person! Unbelievable! And in the mean time, Zolando still has my money!

Never again!

alexs348
May 24th, 2016

Good customer service, don't like the website design too much

joanneg330
August 7th, 2021
Verified purchase

A hideous experience, ordered 3 dresses, filled in the online info to return 3 dresses. Sent the 3 dresses via Hermes and was only credited for 2. Rang to speak to customer services and told to send Hermes receipt and fill in a legal disclosure form. Having then returned these documents I'm told I need to send photographic ID. With an expiry date. Passport, ID card or Driving licence, non of which I have. Then told if I don't have these documents I can't have a refund, many emails and calls later I still haven't received a refund. To add insult to injury they sent an email to say the dress I liked is now back in stock in my size! It was completely sold out, SOMEONE MUST HAVE RETURNED IT.

Tip for consumers:
Do not even attempt to speak with customer service, they are rude and unhelpful

alinam79
September 10th, 2021

Awful customer service!
I ordered £200 worth of products.
When the parcel arrived it was clear it hadn't been sealed properly, due to this the bag worth £70 I had ordered was missing. On top of that the £80 trainers were sent in the wrong size.
I eventually got a refund for the bag after filling in a form.
When I sent the trainers and a pair of jeans I'd ordered back I received an email stating they won't refund due to receiving an ASOS dress and Primark trainers back.
Regardless of my concern they refuse to refund me and listen to what has clearly been a break of trust in their warehouse staff.
I wonder how many other customers have experienced the same issue!

Packaging isn’t sealed properly
Missing items
When returned what did arrive they claimed I’d sent the wrong things and wouldn’t refund my actual items returned

sunt2
October 1st, 2015

Zalando web stores are all over the world I think, all my orders from them was handled on time, delivery was on time and payment went through without a problem. Returning an item with their country specific postal choices was also easy, they exchanged it to right size without a problem or delay.
I just wished they had more selection of ''less expensive'' items, not so much just brands that add to the price.

Enjoy!

darenp8
February 5th, 2021

I have purchased from Zalando twice now. My initial purchase was slow taking seven working days to reach me.

My second order, really show the quality of the online retailer. Whilst their prices are competitive and based on my first order the merchandise is of reasonable quality The same can not be said for their service and customer service.

In relation to my second order I believe that I have been told lies. To what end, I do not know as I would have been more understanding if I had been told the truth.

I placed my order on the 26th January. I received an email from Zalando on the 28th advising my order had been shipped and would arrive between 2 - 4 working days. When had still not arrive on the 3rd February. I contacted Zalando customer service by their chat help. As it was 17:20 they had a fair point that the working day had not yet concluded, although I have never received a USP parcel after 16:00.

They provided me a link as the tracking button on my order page was broken and brought up an error message. Following the link to UPS's tracking site, it showed a label had been created on the 29th Jan. I used text help again on the 4th and with UPS tracking still showing label printed in Germany and shipped - delivery both blank, I was concerned.

The customer advisor on text chat told me that the delay was due to Brexit and she would contact UPS and email me. Midday on the 5th with no change to the UPS tracking and no email from Zalando. I called customer service, a rather curt woman with a Dutch accent, told me that her colleague had emailed UPS but had not received a response. Having contacted UPS UK earlier that day, they were not able to give me specifics about the package, as I am not their customer. They did tell me that the term label printed usually means that they are still waiting to receive the parcel from their customer.

I challenged the customer advisor with the information from UPS and why would Brexit stop you giving or having UPS collect the my order? She got quite aggressive, probably being found out in the lie. She said I would have to wait for the email, which would update me on the situation.

Over three hours later on the 5th, I did receive an email. I responded that as the item had not yet left, please cancel my order and provide full refund (in truth I still wanted my order but willing to cut off my nose to spite my face, as I object to being lied to). Late on the 5th my refund request was rejected, the reason given was another lie. I will copy the email texts below.

The UPS tracking page still shows that my parcel has not been shipped so will likely not arrive within the few days stated on the email (working days or not). Also if UPS have still not received it (and I checked with UPS again they do update their systems on Saturdays, if there has been a change). The response to my refund, as they have not yet passed the package to UPS, why do I have to wait for UPS to deliver it? As they still have the item, surely they can cancel the order!

Of course there maybe a reasonable explanation why the information they are giving me does not tally with the info from UPS. In which case I apologise for branding them liars. However as the emails show they have not provided any detail other than to blame Brexit. I am very curious why Brexit would delay a German warehouse/stock centre from giving UPS Germany the parcel.

Hi Daren,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Due to Brexit your order has been dispatched with delay; we apologize for the inconvenience. We are shipping all the order as soon as possible and will be out for deliver in few working days.

The tracking will show movements once scanned by the courier.

If there are any problem, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We apologize for the delay.

If there is anything else I can help you with then just let me know.

Have a great week!

User-added image

Marcelo Rodrigues

Hi Daren,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Unfortunately, I am not able to cancel the order and refund you. We need to wait for UPS to deliver it.

If there is anything else I can help you with then just let me know.

Have a great evening!

Angelica Urban

Tip for consumers:
Go elsewhere. Dispatch of items is very slow and they are not honest over the reasons for the delays.

Products used:
Mens shorts

ju23
July 14th, 2021

Zalando does not value customers and it's items are not genuine
Try alternatives like: YOOX, Childsplay Clothing or Children Salon

Alex Lee a customer service agent could not be bothered to help

Zalando does not value it's customers

sandroa21
December 5th, 2019

Despite being a regular/loyal client of them Zalando simply refuses to refund my order. They sent me huge sizing, noted return pickup already 4 times, no one is appearing. I am not in a position to go and drop the parcel, since had to sent it to my cousin in UK (They accept UK returns only what a surprise :) ) who is a student and nearest drop off point is far far away from him. Hermes courier did not appear 4 times and they simply do not care, doing everything to prevent the refund.
I will contact my bank and apply for a chargeback. That is the only option they left me

Despite that, their customer service guys are terrible, rude and not client friendly.
Great way to treat a loyal customer guys!

andreww390
February 4th, 2019

Very good Quick and brand new and always happy with everything i buy from there. I Recommend it to every one :)

amys182
September 5th, 2016

Someone made an order using my email address with this company and the customer service department is both impossible to get in touch with not to mention disregarding of my concerns on a possible identity theft and possible compromising of my credit card information. This is NOT a secure or responsible site and service... if you care about the privacy of your information and security of your financial accounts.

kajsan1
May 14th, 2019

They have so much different clothing styles for a great price. They dont overprize their items and its a great quality. Fast shipping and Good service.

elizabeths477
December 7th, 2018

Satisfied with the blouse, fabric is great and looks great on me. Thank you and I will surely buy again.

serenak7
December 5th, 2017

I never had a problem with Zalando. They always send your orders very quickly. I always get all my orders within a week of ordering

hannahi
December 2nd, 2015

Zalando is great for online clothes shopping. Great choice, easy to use website, good quality products and very easy returns. Used many times, never disappointed and always received within a few working days.

izharulh
August 15th, 2016

Fantastic product and delivery was very quick.

emmah60
July 4th, 2016

My son is very happy with his new trainers

It is a legitimate company. From a little research, I believe that the head office is based in the Netherlands, with large warehouses located in Germany. It also explains why, when you call customer services you get to speak to harsh and non helpful people with Dutch accents.

By Daren P.