Review of YourMechanic

Tel: 1-800-701-6230
hi@yourmechanic.com

deeh98
2/4/19

I had an appointment scheduled for over a month. The first time, the mechanic had an issue and had to reschedule. The next few weeks we had bad weather and it wasn't going to work. All understandable.

This past week, we were looking forward to finally having our truck fixed. The day prior, mechanic confirms he is coming. The day off - no show. I message him. No response. I contact customer service and they tell me that they are unable to provide the service and I should look for a local shop.

I could have been looking for a local shop for over a month but I had an appointment with them. The customer service responses all appear fairly automated as no one can tell me WHY they couldn't tell me that the service was unavailable a month ago and why the mechanic confirmed the day before. They keep repeating the same automated sounding response.

gregoryb156
1/13/19

Steven Potter was very courteous and knows what he is doing. I will call and ask for him everytime. This will be who l call for work on my 93 Honda accord.

jesses131
1/12/19

Mechanic performed faulty service on the coolant system of the engine. Caught fire. Lost the car. YourMechanic gave me the shrug.

Beware, if a real mechanic, shop or dealership gets wind you used YourMechanic, you will be charged more, void warranties and claims will be unfunded.

mrh67
12/26/18

Mechanic replaced the oil and recommended to replace the valve gasket cover. I thought my gasket was fine, I still thanked him and I was planning to schedule a second service. Then I decided check the engine myself. I realized the oil cap was left unscrewed, but it looked like it was properly fastened. Basically what he did was, leaving the oil cap not secure, so the oil will leak eventually on the road and the next time we open the hood, he would have a good reason to change the gasket as it would look like the cover was leaking. CHEAP TRICKS. STAY AWAY. BUY A OBD II diagnostic device for $30 and you are good. NEVER ORDER DIAGNOSTICS, all they do is plug the device and read the codes. You can do it for $30. Just my 2 cents.

giovannic60
12/12/18

Mechanic cancelled 2 times in a row. Complete waste of time. I do not recommend this service to anyone!

julieta11
12/4/18

BEWARE they are a scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The mechanic came to fix the car with a broken part d decided to break the breather holes and taped it with scotch tape

andrewt236
11/18/18

Yourmechanic.com is the WORST MECHANIC SERVICE, EVER!!

Firstly, their so-called "Auto-Electrician" Genora, of "10 years" experience, arrived 50 mins. late to do a starter replacement job on my daughter's Mazda 6 sedan; and then proceeded to do a job that was nothing more than a CON-JOB!! He couldn't speak proper English; he was unclean and dirtied the inside of my daughter's car with his nasty, oily hands; and, after replacing the starter, the car started and was making a terrible loud "grinding" noise. Genora then proceeded to "lie" to my daughter that she needed a new part and did not take back out, what he kept saying was, the "faulty" spare part; and, demanded that he be paid his $85. When the office was called, the Yourmechanic.com Admin. staff then compounded the situation by replying to my daughter that she would have to pay an additional $70 to have another Auto-Electrician return to both check/evaluate the job of Genora; and also, to remove the supposedly "faulty" starter.

Yourmechanic.com hires "SCAM ARTISTS" who only know how to take advantage of women who are ignorant of car operation & problems, and are "MONEY HARLOTS" who know how to eke extra money out of innocent, unsuspecting clients/customers. When you scam God's faithful people, you are going to pay an ultimate price for your unrighteousness and evil acts of service!!

joeys83
11/8/18

****AVOID YOURMECHANIC***
The power steering went out on my car. Mechanic Joshua Honne came out to replace the power steering pump. He determined it was not the power steering pump. He said the car was leaking power steering fluid from a power steering sensor - $286.00. 3 days later the power steering fluid had leaked out. Mechanic Joshua said it's also leaking from the power steering rack and replaced that - $788.00. 3 days later all the steering fluid had leaked out again. They sent out mechanic William Wolf, he determined that neither of those two repairs were needed and that the fluid was leaking out of a power steering pressure hose this entire time, leaking fluid on the sensor and steering rack making it look like that's where the leak was coming from. He replaced the steering hose - $422.00.
After many phone calls and hours on the phone, Yourmechanic did not charge me for the 3rd repair, but is refusing to refund me for the difference of the first 2 repairs, even after mechanic William said the first 2 repairs were not needed. 2 weeks later after the 3rd repair was done, all the power steering fluid has leaked out of my car. I called them and am waiting a call back.
Here is the problem with the way this business operates. If your car has issues after the repair, you can't just take it back in somewhere. You have to call, sit on hold, then schedule an appointment for someone to come out and determine if it's going to be covered under warranty or if you will have to continue to pay to fix the issue, even if it's the same issue you have been having. Even if the mechanic made a mistake and mis-diagnosed your car, it's up to them to say if they will fix it or not. Anytime you have an issue with a repair done you have to call and schedule a mechanic to come out and just look at it. Then you have to schedule another appointment to actually get the car fixed. Sometimes they are booked up 4-5 days. I have been trying to get my car fixed since September 14th, when mechanic Joshua first came out. It's now November 8th and my car is having the same issue since day one. They have come out to my house 6 times.
Im sure this service is great for small repairs, but if you have an issue afterward, be ready to deal with one of the most frustrating processes and companies to deal with. Mechanic William Wolf, said he sees misdiagnosis all the time and is constantly fixing other mechanics mess ups. "Jiffy Lube" mechanics he called them, Yourmechanic just contracts out to these mechanics so there is no accountability to any of them.

raym200
11/5/18

Mechanic said 2 of my credit cards were not accepted and demanded cash upfront before replacing my dead battery. I asked him to leave and said I had to pay him something.

What a scam Invoice number 2579630 Ray M. Melbourne Florida

rajeshs44
10/19/18

This must be a scam because the mechanic never showed up and
when I called the company to tell them that it has been almost two
hours after the appointment time and I am not able to get in touch with
the mechanic. I sent him several text messages, but I did not hear from
him. When I called the main number and told them that I at a place of
business and I am not able to stay any longer and I would like to cancel
the appointment for now. They said that you will have to pay $20 for
cancellation!!! I told them that your mechanic never showed up or never
contacted me regarding him not coming - so I should not be responsible
for the $20. The lady said she was sorry, but she has to charge me $20.
In my opinion, this company is a fraud! I have disputed the charges with
my credit card company and I will be reporting it to the Attorney
General and Better Business Bureau in the next 1-2 days. Stay away from
this company as they are not honest people.

samsonr3
10/18/18

Great company, professionally handled services. Issues fixed in a timely manner. Would use their services again.

jamesm1490
10/11/18

The company Your Mechanic is a scam.
I called and made an appointment to have a new battery put in my car. They assigned a mechanic, I made a special trip to the location of the car was only to find out they cancelled the appointment because they could not get a battery for the car. I can only assume they don't know there are auto part stores all over the place. So we rescheduled for the following week. I again made a special trip to the car's location (about 75 miles away...) only to have them again cancel because it was raining. I told them the car was garaged. So they agreed to come out, but they did not get the battery and would need another day or 2 to get the part. So we rescheduled for the 3rd time for the following week. Again I made a special trip and got to the car's location the day before the planned appointment. I called them to make sure they were coming out as planned. Now they tell me that the mechanic that was going to come out on each of the previous appointments did not handle my area. I blew my top! Their response was for me to call their mechanic and work with him. They could not send another mechanic. I told them that all this time I have been getting emails from them and their mechanic about this and the previous appointments, so how is it that suddenly the mechanic does not cover my area. Then the story changed. Oh the mechanic was in an accident and they did not have enough time to get the battery. On each of these occasions I asked to speak to a supervisor, but to no avail.
The people working in their office are the stupidest people on earth. The company is nothing but a scam. I tried to put in a review on their web site, but you can't. I suspect all the video reviews and written reviews they have on their site are paid for. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. I suspect that if he continues to operate his sham of a company, Art Agrawal who is the CEO and founder might be wearing an orange jump suit soon.

patrickw175
9/27/18

Here is what i sent to them over facebook: We already talked about it over email but you kept sending me same and same email message again again saying to make an appointment with $80! You did not even answer my question. I called you and you said you would contact the warranty to get refund. but you never did! You just kept sending me same email message. That is a bad customer service! You should have read my questions and answered me properly. In overall, the mechanic lied to me. He said it would run if he replaced two parts. So I approved the cost of $292 for next day and he came back and replaced two parts for one hour and before he left, I tried to start the car and it did not even run! Unbelievable that I felt for that scam. Then why did you keep sending me the email asking for $80 for making another appointment! Gee... Do you think I want to pay you $80 for you to come and do scam again? No thanks. All I asked for is the refund of $292 since mechanic lied to me. And you refused to pay me back. So, unfortunately, I have to post this here to protect people getting scam by YourMechanic.

jimmyj65
9/26/18

The mechanic had a sense of urgency until I paid for part of the replacement part. Afterwards it was hard to get ahold of the mechanic and I was given indefinite time frames. It took 1 week to do something they said would be done in an hour the day after the inspectuon.

karens756
9/11/18

STAY AWAY! Your vehicle will be much worse off when YourMechanic gets done with it.

I was a bit hesistant to use this service, but all I needed done was an AC compressor replacement. The price was right and I didn't have to spend a day at the autoshop. Pretty much every bad review I read was simply because the mechanic never showed up. I did not have that problem with my initial service. The mechanic arrived on time and performed the work. When he was done, the check engine light was on. After I pointed out that it was not on prior to service, he pulled out his code reader and determined that it just needed to be reset because he had unplugged the air intake sensor. He reset the light and left.
The next day my car was not driving properly and the light came back on, this was a Sunday. I did the online warranty request and when I was finally contacted about 2 hours later, they told me nobody could come out for a full week. It took a lot of arguing, but the eventually had a mechanic come out that Tuesday morning (2 days later). The mechanic showed up, did the inspection, determined it was fault of yourmechanic and told me I would have to wait for them to contact me to schedule the repair.
Nearly 4 hours after this inspection, I contacted yourmechanic because they hadn't contacted me. They again told me that it would be several days before they could come fix it. After arguing (round 2), they sent someone out within an hour. They insisted that this needed to be repaired by the mechanic that originally performed the work. The mechanic arrived nearly 30 minutes late, was very short and knew exactly what was wrong. There were 2 hoses that were not reconnected properly to my engine. He put on a new hose clamp and I drove my car around the block before he left. Everything appeared to be operating fine for about a week.
This Sunday my check engine light came back on. We plugged in a code reader and, sure enough, the code is an engine air intake issue. Another warranty request to YourMechanic and I don't hear from them until I call them mid-day on Monday. They of course are unable to have a mechanic inspect my vehicle until Tuesday, but are at least understanding that the first mechanic is no longer permitted to service my vehicle.
Tuesday morning the mechanic had a "family emergency" and is unable to service my vehicle(yes, this happens and I don't hold it against the mechanic). I called YourMechanic again to speak with the warranty department and I'm told they are busy and will have to call back. I waited 2 hours with no call back, so I called again. I'm told the same thing. I am also that I can't stay on the line and that a supervisor would also have to call me back. There is no way to contact anyone except the front-line customer service agents who can't actually solve any problems for you.
This service is a huge rip-off and they employ incompetent mechanics. I shouldn't be having engine issues after something as simple as a compressor replacement. I would much prefer a car with no AC to a car that might stop working at any moment. I will fervently recommend that nobody EVER use this service. One star is too many.

chiquitaj1
8/14/18

I went to an auto repair shop for a brake inspection. They told me that I needed new rear pads and rotors on my 2015 Nissian Altima 2.5. They quoted me $531.68. NO WAY ! Luckly my job works with mobile mechanics and I know they exists. I was skeptical at first about the whole thing. I booked the mechanic anyway (with my fingers crossed) hoping that it's legit and not a scam. The mechanic arrived and he was very professional, honest, and friendly. He had job done before I knew it, and I only paid $144. There is an option where you can choose to have the mechanic bring the part(s) or you can supply them. I opt to buy my parts . So I spent a total of $280. But I will definitely be using them again in the future.

avah9

Star 4
Star 5
Published 2 minutes ago
On Saturday I had my inspection

On Saturday I had my inspection appointment with Delano. He was very professional and he said that I need a starter replacement. He assisted me on scheduling my next appointment because he had other appointments to go to.
I was able to schedule an appointment the next day with Jerome. Even though Jerome knew what he had to fix before coming, he was unable to get under my car. Plus he came well dressed to come fix my car , which I found to be pretty odd! After he played with my car for an whole hour, he just realized that he can't move my car back enough to get under it!
Before he left, he told me that I would not be charged because I did have an inspection appointment the day before and I wouldn't have to pay because he was unable to complete his task. About 20 minutes go by and someone calls me from there main office saying that they will have to charge me for a $20 "cancellation fee" because he was here for an hour and he couldn't repair my car!

The problem is not the $20, it was unethical to charge me a cancellation fee when he did come to fix my vehicle! I will make sure that I tell all my friends and family to never use this company ever because they are unskilled professionals claiming to be better than a real mechanic!

Response from Sharlee H., YourMechanic Representative
Hi Ava,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and apologies for any inconveniences regarding your vehicle concerns. Our records show that you were not charged for a cancellation fee. If you have any questions on billing, please contact us at 1-800-701-6230 or a send a message to hi@yourmechanic.com so we can look more into the situation to see how we can help. We look forward to your response.

melissam423
8/3/18

I started off very happy with this company. I had them do a few oil changes and began telling everyone about how convenient they were and recommended them to anyone who needed a mechanic. Unfortunately I am now warning people to just pay the extra money and go through a garage or mechanic that will back their work. I had my timing belt done and 13 months after it was done my car began making an odd sound. I took it to a mechanic and the diagnosis was that my belt was tightened way too tight and would need to be replaced. I followed yourmechanic's claim policy and had the garage email a copy of their diagnostic to the company. Their response was that it was only covered for 12 months. I think this is ridiculous as timing belts should last FAR longer than 1 year. I made numerous phone calls asking to have them make an exception to their 1 year rule as I was only 1 month past, all i got was promises that they would look into it and call me back. I never got a callback (I called 7 times with promises of callbacks each time after being transferred over and over again to the next up) I was on hold for about 45-60 each time i called. I now have my car in a garage getting their hack job redone. My recommendation: don't use mymechanic, spend the extra money and take your car to a garage that will care more about customer satisfaction and back their work!

lesf6
7/24/18

The mechanic, Brian, did a very good job looking over the vehicle and providing his knowledge about trucks in particular. He pointed out 2-3 things I needed to be aware of ifI decided to purchase the truck. I had hoped he would have brought whatever tool is used to connect to the vehicle's computer to get readings on things like sensors, etc. Other than that, he did great.

robertw814
7/24/18

This review is also for YM in general because I have a car that I've paid $70 twice to get analyzed and fixed and it STILL Isn't running. It is true Both times I left good reviews for James and the opther mechanic for these "services" because I did so right after they left and aqt that time I trusted their advice was correct and they werew courteous and professional while at my home. So I left reviews confident in their assessments and performed the parts changes myself, which each time cost me an additional $130 for the part, NEITHER of which made my car run like they said it would. So my last 2 YM experience is that I spent $400 through YM and buying parts based on their mechanics' advices and my car STILL DOESN"T START! So I am revising my once glowing opinion and review of YM and this mechanic. ast time James told me where the other mechanic screwed up: he didn't perform the basic tests that come first, checking that it is getting gas and is getting fire to the spark plugs and James said in fact that it is not getting fire something I can't check myself because I live alone and in fact something which James required my assistance checking) James did that and said the control module was bad and he had to leave for the next appointment if I wanted to put the part in myself. Then he gave me his personal phone# SUPOSEDL:Y, and advised me not to call YM, but to call him directly if I had any more problems getting it running. So I bought the part and installed it, it still will not start and I called and emailed James personally, as he advised me to,. In the messages i asked him to get in contact with me that I needed him to come back. But that was like a month ago He's NEVER answered my email or call and my car still is not running $400 later. But that is not all, so I got to thinking about the colossal waste of my money when I am mostly unemployed and mostly broke and decided to contact YM and complain. So I did that and a YM rep responded in a totally inappropriate way in that she cherry picked something that wasn't an issue out of my correspondence and responded to it instead of my complaint! So then in my reply, I pointed out what she did and demanded a $140 refund and have not gotten any response to my follow up reply in 2 weeks.

Well this site sucks becuase I can't rebut the BS YM reply below except afdding to this, so here goes: this is a boilerplate nonresponse response to appear to be a real one.it's a copy and past job that I've been getting all along. first of all this was a"diagnostic" call and is not covered by any YM warranty. Secondly they still keep giving me the same boilerplate response privately saying that my service isn't covered by warranty. They go around posting this BS on all the complaints i posted on all the review sites I could find. i see that YM's rating is going down and this is why. they have hack mechanics working for them as subcontractors that they don't hold to task for their misdiagnoses of problems and don't refund them.So I am hoping that enough negative feedbacks will cause YM's profits to shrink and they go bankrupt and deservedly so because they are just another ripoff company who doesn't actually back it's product.

Response from Sharlee H., YourMechanic Representative
Hi Robert,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and apologies for any inconveniences regarding your vehicle concerns. We back our service by a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty for parts provided on the YourMechanic platform. You can find a copy of our warranty at yourmechanic.com/warranty. We see that you have been contacted by our team regarding the situation. Please let us know if you have any questions.

ma138
7/23/18

Had brake work done less than 20 days ago,now brakes are leaking fluid. I requested warranty repair. Hopefully They will find the problem and understand it is related to their previous service and not try to rob me. I will update this review once the mechanic has been here, and let everyone know the out come. Update to previous review. I had to call and inquire about my warranty claim after no one contacted me from the 7/20/2018 inspection. I was told by the warranty department that the mechanic who did the inspection had not submitted his findings. After insisting several times that I had already read his report on the your mechanic website, I was then told that they needed to get more info from Brian and I would certainly get their decision today. I did receive a message from John stating the brake shoes they supplied were fine and my problem is the wheel cylinder. When you replace brake shoes you contact the wheel cylinder, there is no way to not come in contact with the cylinder the brake shoes rest on it. When Damien came, the brakes were not leaking, months before he came, the brakes did not leak. After he leaves from replacing brake pads when I go to move the car, the brake fluid is dripping on the ground. Someone please tell me how is that not related to the work they preformed. They are refusing to repair the car to it's original condition of not leaking and I was charged $80 for a service call that was to examine the problem the mechanic caused! This review is from Mr Andrews of Upper Marlboro,Md

Tip for consumers: This is my original review on yelp. For some reason I can't view it on their page. Never book an appointment with this company!! in the end it cost what a shop would charge and my car is still inoperable

Response from Sharlee H., YourMechanic Representative
Hi M A.,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and apologies regarding your vehicle concerns. We back our service by a 12 month/12,000 mile warranty. You can find a copy of our warranty at yourmechanic.com/warranty. Please contact us at 1-800-701-6230 or send a message to hi@youremechanic.com if you would like to discuss further.

coreyh71
7/17/18

My mobile mechanic, Tabitha, made the auto repair experience convenient, pleasant and very satisfying. Her terrific professionalism is matched by her great courtesy and good nature.

I just don't have time to call around, get quotes, drop of my car, wait and muddle through all the other trappings of traditional car care. Your Mechanic's mobile mechanic service eliminates all that. I negotiated my quote online and scheduled service at both my home and workplace. Beyond all that convenience and affordable prices, I felt very confident in my mechanic's advice and trustworthy service.

The service worked well for me and I would use it again.

rakeshk36
7/11/18

This business have no professionalism. I have a warranty claim opened by their mechanic and myself that the reported issue is not yet resolved. I have requested refund and no one is responding to my email. I paid more that 600 to replace oxygen sensor and brake pads to fix check engine and brake issue. You mechanic was not able to resolve problems reported on the car. and they are not responding to emails to me@yourmechanic.com. I WILL NOT RECOMMEND THIS BUSINESS to anyone with European cars. they do have skills for those cars specifically in Sacramento, CA metropolitan area. I am stuck waiting for their warranty claim request so that i can get my car smogged for registration. Very unreliable and unresponsive. Stay Away. It is hard yo get appointments with mechanics it sometime take week. 3 times your mechanic cancelled the appointment as mechanic was not available, which was available while booking online appointments. My appointment was 3 day in advance and i received a call a day before to cancel. Please do not waste your time trying to schedule appointments as if your issue is jot resolved you will be stuck wiyh warranty claim. Very bad experience.

Response from Sharlee H., YourMechanic Representative
Hi Rakesh,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and apologies for any inconveniences that you may have experienced. This does not reflect the level of customer service we aim to provide. We are forwarding your feedback to the proper department for review and will be in touch with you regarding your concerns.

joea253
7/10/18

"On time, busted his butt to get the job done! Was pleasant and did it on a holiday to boot! Highly recommended!!"

leonardr42
7/9/18

What should have been a simple appointment and service by this company turned out to be a nightmare. I waited for the mechanic and was told after the scheduled time that he was unable to make it, that i should have read the text he sent me. When they finally 5 days later they finally sent the correct mechanic out, he did not have the parts or complete understanding of what was to be done. He evaluated my vechile and I was told to make another appointment only this time with a completely different mechanic. The only individual who I had a clear communication with was a young man named "Paul" with clustomer service. I was please with the correct Mechanis they sent out, but they insisted on changing it with another. Clearly this business is not yet orgainized nor do most of the customer service individuals have people skills. You really don't know who to believe and or what they tell you. The only reason I gave it a second try was because of "Paul". I would not use their service nor recommend it until they organize their service and asign the same mechanic. They should contact "Bask.com" formally "Itok.com" and take lessons on customer service and product knowledge.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I called them and tried to get things resolved. They did not, though I had hopes they would have. So, I guess it might depend how expensive the fix is or some other logic that I can't decipher. They could still call me...but I doubt they will since they didn't responds to the BBB complaint.

By David L.

I'm having bad experience with them. The mechanic they sent me didn't replace the the drive belt right and he knew it because it was making noise after he installed it and told me he will return if it continues. Now, it's still doing it and I've emailed, texted... But haven't heard anything on their end yet. It has been almost 2 weeks. I wonder if I can find people that were/are having trouble with them and fight this company.

By Joe A.

don't use them

By Mark D.

Don't use them

By Mark D.

No don't use them. Call The Do-it-all Mobile Mechanic 321 Diamond Oaks Rd (916) 719-6169

By Cindy F.

Questions? Get answers from the YourMechanic staff and other customers.

4 Photos for YourMechanic