Review of YourMechanic

Tel: 1-800-701-6230
hi@yourmechanic.com

wendyb317
7/8/19

What a joke! The first mechanic cancelled last minute. The next mechanic installed a part that wasn't part of the agreed upon service nor did he ask for my consent prior to installation. Management doesn't care about customer service. He made it sound like it was my fault. They wanted to send the mechanic out to take the part off. Really??? I unwilling paid the "not agreed" upon price. I will not use this service again. They have some serious issues that need to be addressed. I wished I had seen these reviews prior to my own experience. I am beyond disappointed!

grants68
7/2/19

This business is a scam, here's another review to show that they're hanging on by a thread:

Incapable of getting work done in a reasonable amount of time. Scheduled my first appointment on June 15th for an oil pan replacement on my 2002 Honda Civic, and they send over a mechanic with the wrong part, great. Then I book the next available appointment for June 22nd, and the mechanic cancels on me the same morning he's supposed to show up. Awesome, so I book my next appointment for the next available slot which is July 1st and my mechanic calls me in the morning saying they don't have the part. GREAT.

I ended up getting the work done somewhere else. Which I should've just done in the first place, considering a past experience where one of this company's mechanics scammed my mother by coercing her to write him a check so he could "order cheaper parts" and just so happened to stop working for YourMechanic before coming back to complete the job.

Beware. Spend the bit of extra money at a well-run shop if you need to.

ayeshap10
6/30/19

I have one day off per week. Woke up early to be ready for the mechanic (David Hunter) but he never showed up for my 8:30am appointment. Lied and said the parts didn't make it after the parts had already been confirmed. Then says the parts will arrive at 11:30am that same day and he will be right over once he gets them, but he never showed up or responded to any calls or text. Very unprofessional and I'm extremely disappointed. My card has been charged by Your Mechanic for services that I haven't received or not a confirmation of when I'll be scheduled with a new mechanic. I've been back and fourth on the phone with customer service reps for two hours, because apparently no supervisors or members of management are available to speak with customers that are dealing with chaos created by their mechanic. Awful service!!!

micahs28
6/24/19

I will never use them again. The mechanic Patrick installed my starter for me knowingly that wasn't the problem with my car. He inspected my car for 20 mins before installing the starter. He told me that I could go I didn't need to watch him with my car. He tells me after that my starter was never the problem but he still installed the new starter. He told me that my ignition wires needed to be changed. My car has yet to be able to start this was on 6/22/2019. I got a call back today from the supervisor and she did noooo help whatsoever. Because I didn't schedule for an inspection but yet he still inspected she said there's nothing she could do not even a certain percentage of reimbursement she than hung the phone up on me when I asked to speak to someone else. I will NEVER be using this service ever again. I will NEVER RECOMMEND this place to anyone!!!

samuelf57
6/24/19

Do not recommend this service. Was quoted in their system $332.46 (labor only) to change the steering gearbox (rack and pinion). Got a call the day before the appointment and was told the system was wrong, the new quote was changed to $731.42. I called and was told that it was changed and incorrect because they thought my vehicle was AWD, they updated it and came with a new labor quote of $440 (local show was $375). They do not honor the quotes built in their own quoting system, nor do they give enough time when making changes. Shady business model with this bait and switch pricing.

And they billed us $25 for cancelling the appointment

wrongedc
6/21/19

Mechanic blew off two date-sensitive used car inspections and he and the management staff of this Firm refused even to tell me when the mechanic would arrive. I advise staying far away and not believing the nonsense on their site.

ciak1
6/17/19

I scheduled an appointment and was sent a request to reschedule within 1 hour. Reschedule for the next day the mechanic never showed or called. CS had to call him only to be given a bullish excuse about his equipment being broken. Okay this was known yesterday and this morning but he never contacted anyone. Bunch lazy aiihhh mechanics waiting on a few bucks!! DO NOT BOOK SERVICES!!!

tonyb379
6/17/19

They cancelled on me 2 hours before the appointment and offered me an appointment a week away. Basically, they told me to accept it or cancel. Beware if tou decide to use them. They will leave you stuck out and really don't care that you were inconvienced.

daniellep186
6/16/19

First dude is supposed to come by on Friday 10am- no call no show, I email and call. Finally get a call back he's had a family er and will send someone else the next day. The next day some guy who looks high on whatever , couldn't keep his hand still or maintain eye contact. Diagnosis's hole in radiator hose- small hole he shows me and tells me easy fix won't be expensive at all. I get the quote and for the 15.00 part online... they are charging $289.99 119 in labor and 118 in parts- Get the F out of here... I literally put some of the automobile tape over the hole while I wait on the 15.00 part. You tube showed this can be done in 5 mins... lo and behold I did it in 3. 17.99 vs. 289.99... waste of time, energy and horrible service.

johnh2075
6/8/19

On Wednesday a person came out to replace a water pump and thermostat on my 2005 Jeep grand Cherokee. He broke a bolt going to the lower radiator hose where the thermostat is. He went to the hardware store and got a c clamp. He finished the job and nothing leaked. I was not happy with the c clamp as a permanent repair. I called in on Thursday and spoke with Irma. I explained the problem to her. She said she would look into it and call me back. Some time later she called and said she had talked to the warranty department. They agreed it was not a permanent fix. And someone with the warranty department would call me that same day.
On Friday I never got a call from the warranty department so I called in again. I spoke with Mike he said he would look into it and let me know.
Later that day Louis a warranty supervisor called me. He said he had talked to mechanic and he said there was a bolt and a clamp on the bottom hole. they felt that he had done more than he should have done by installing the c clamp. It was not a warranty issue. I said that if I removed the clamp and it leaked would that be an issue he said yes. He felt that I should buy a new timing cover and have them install it. I disagreed.

I removed the clamp found that there was no bolt in the hole like I was told, in fact there was noting but a hole. I called in again talked to Mike again. I told him that when I removed the clamp there was no bolt at all. He talked to Louis who stated that they would send someone out to look at the leak. I never said there was a leak. Mike said that if they felt the leak was not a warranty issue I would be billed an additional 89.99 for coming out.
I told him to forget it and that I would repair it my self.
Don't waist your money on these scams the warranty they promise is not worth anything

jayp202
6/3/19

I had to get a water pump, tensioners timing belt, serpentine belts replaced, transmission fluid flush. One of the serpentine belts were replace and the other one was taken, I called and said no the mechanic said he replaced it all, but the belts says made in Argentina on the top and they were both the same brand, only one had that and the other one was the same old one I had, and you mean to tell me I'm lying? Skip these services and look for a honest shop instead. Also my belt were tighten too much and caused my alternator to fail.

ashleyd228
5/29/19

On April 25 2019 a mechanic arrived as soon as he arrived he said he could not fix my door handle he didn't know how and he left with the part I paid 133 dollars for. I called your mechanic customer service and they said he would come back and give me the part. He never showed up i again called your mechanic and I was told he got busy with other customers and would come the next day. The mechanic never showed again so again I was back on hold they contacted him and said he would be at my home some time that day. Around closing I called because he was a no show and then he contacted me and said he would not be able to make it he was busy with other customers and he also said he was going on vacation so he wasn't going to make it until another time. I was upset and called customer service they placed me on hold and said he would bring it another day. Whenever I call to speak to the managers the customer service rep puts me on hold and says a manager will get back to me in 24 hrs one manager finally did and just said check my mailbox and door that he brought the part back. I still have not received the part and my car is also not repaired. Management refused to do anything saying there hands are tied while they are being investigated due to me reporting them to my credit card agency. Warning just go to a reliable mechanic in person unless you want to waste time on hold and be out of 133 And have your car still not repaired. Horrible experience and customer service

vaneekar
5/17/19

I believe I got the worse mechanic ever from this company. He was supposed to show up at 11am didnt show until 5pm. He had his kid in the car so he had no intention of working on my car. Then he said he couldnt fix it today and i needed a different part. Which he never really inspected. Next thing you know $100 is taken from my account for an inspection. I called him back and he said it was a mistake and was only supposed to be $25 but when his supervisor called him he claimed he did alot of inspecting and said the amount was correct. Hes very unprofessional and dishonest. I dont like given my card anyway before services and this is why. His name was Rob so beware of him but if you want my advice just take your car to a shop and wait to pay them when the work is done

lr194
5/3/19

My experience with your company as a whole was a nightmare. I booked online got a quote. Had my car towed 60 miles to a friend's house because I live in Congress AZ and you don't come this far out. First day let Terry know I was on my way be there no later than 9: 30 am.(9:00 am appt.) He replied that he was approximately 50 minutes away. As it turned out I got there at 9:04 am I called Terry he asked did I need this car to be done today? Because he had a 2:00 PM appt. Said he would call them to see if he could reschedule with them. And that he would call me back. I told him if he could do part of the work that day and come back the next day to complete it that would be acceptable.Then I received a message stating that my appointment had been cancelled. Terry never called me back CON'D So I called the number on my message. I believe it was Paul whom I spoke with. I explained to him what was going on. He was very sympathetic to the situation. And said he would check out what was going on and get back with me which he did. He then rescheduled another appointment for the next day at 7:oo am. And said that the job would be completed that day. Then that the car wasn't in Terry's service area. I explained that I didn't pick Terry I thought he was assigned the job. He then told me that Terry bid the Job. Next day received a call from Terry at 6:50 am said that the pre- authorization was declined. I told him that I would call the bank and find out why and call him back. Because there were 7 transactions for the same amount $824.36 they put a security block on the acct. I asked why did it decline the first time I was told that the exp date was wrong. But now that I had confirmed that it was a legitimate charge it would go through. Called the number on my notice of decline from you. Spoke to Nick explained what happened with the bank.he was able to process the charge of $824.36. Said he would call Terry to let him know. I also sent Terry a text" payment processed." And another text "Are we good" next thing I received a message that my appointment had been cancelled again. Called to find out why? Terry had another appointment at 11:45. Why would he schedule a 11:45 appointment? He wasn't scheduled to be done with my car until at least 12:00 minimum? Nick was going to find out what was going on and call me back. Get a call back from Nick he had called 9 different mechanics to see who could do this job he was able to have Diego do it but not until Sunday. Told me Diego was more than Qualified, 19 yrs experienced certified and so on. That Diego was willing to work on his day off to rectify the situation. Guaranteed me that the JOB would be done with the exception of bad weather, act of god,or a disaster situation. Also very sympathetic to my situation and
had done what he could to make it CONT'D right. Knowing the bind and major inconvenience of the situation I was in after I'm having to reschedule with my clients for the 2nd time. Now the 3rd. After I tried to confirm this appointment online ****have a late job to get to since I had to reschedule*** I will continue this later and you can feel free to call me tomorrow morning. And didn't see it I checked my email to find a message that my appointment had again been canceled. Not long after Nick guaranteed me that the job would be completely done on Sunday the 14th. Yet no one bothered to call me. So again I called the number on the notice of cancellation to find out why. I spoke with Jackson. Who asks me to hold then comes back on the line and proceeds to tell me that it was cancelled due to Diego not being qualified to do the work. I replied that Nick had just assured me that Diego was more than qualified, 19 years experience, certified and so on. Then he again asks me to hold comes back on the line and says Actually it's because there is an interface on your computer system that detects when a job is not Suitable to do on a platform basis. And that it should be done in a shop. To be done a 100% correctly. I then told him that he was giving me conflicting information. If this was true then why us it just now coming up. This was the 3rd appointment cancelled by Your Mechanic. So I asked to speak to a supervisor. He said he put in the request and someone would call me back. And a supervisor did call me back. She said that this job requires a lift. And that for this reason it needs to be done in a shop not on a platform basis. This also is not true. Then she said she put a $40 credit on my account with you to compensate for the inconvenience if I should choose to use your company again. Would you???? It cost me $20 extra in gas because I could not drive my car home which has a full tank of gas. It cost me a tow from AAA to tow my car there which I wouldn't of done if I wasn't told that your mechanic could do the work. Where your website states you have a lot of MASTER MECHANICS AND ALL YOUR MECHANICS ARE CERTIFIED. I can tell you about more inconveniences caused by this situation and the damage done to my credibility with my clients for having to reschedule jobs to work around not having my car due to me trusting what I I was being told by your employees.I trusted that dealing with a large national company would be better than a small business. So basically I was given excuse after excuse some of them outright lies. I would appreciate a call from the manager responsible for this unit. And here is a link you can pull up with step by step instructions on how to compete the job I was guaranteed would be done. To prove you don't need a lift. VW Passat Timing Belt Installation Instructions for 2.8L 30 Valve
https://www.blauparts.com/vw_timing_belt_replacement/28l30v/howto/how_to_replace_vw_passat_timing_belt_installation_guide.htmlu. And now it will cost me another $20 in gas to be there to show my ID and AAA card to have it towed to another place for repair. And another tow that is no longer available to me I don't feel as though I was compensated for any of the additional expenses I incurred. Is this the customer service you stride to provide??? Every one I talked to apologized for the continuing inconveniences said they would try to make it right yet no one was able to follow through with what they said would happen. I told them I appreciated the apologies however that didn't change the situation I was now in. Nothing was rectified and I was told you couldn't do the job after 2 days of being reassured that the job would be completed And promise after promise being broken. And even a guarantee being defaulted on less than 3 hours after. Without so much as a phone call. All the promises to make it right were made verbally and all notices of cancellation of appointments were via email or text. I seriously hope that the appropriate person will listen to the recorded conversations and verify the information on the emails and texts pertaining to this situation. And then do something about it. My name us Rene'e Fischer and my phone number is 623-326-8800. And I am seriously dissatisfied with the service I received from your mechanic. I hope to hear from someone regarding this. I will be waiting to hear from someone on what the end result will be prior to writing a disfavorable review. Yet again giving your mechanic an opportunity to make things right. ***end*** Well it's been 6 days and still no response.

steveg435
4/19/19

YourMechanic was a complete dumpster fire! Avoid them like they've got leprosy! I cancelled an appointment with my mechanic to give YourMechanic a try, since they were quite a bit cheaper. HUGE mistake!!! They were a disaster on 3 fronts! Read on if you want details of the debacle.
First disaster, I locked the quote and scheduled an appointment for 5pm Tuesday. At noon on Tuesday I suddenly get an email saying I need to pay them to do an inspection before they can do the repair. What the heck?!? This is an online, automated system, and you can't notify me up front that I "need" an inspection, before I lock the quote and schedule the repair? I called their customer service line to inform them that I already had it inspected by my mechanic, who I've used for years and trust, and that this was just about saving money on the repair. He went through the whole schpiel about why I have to have the inspection first, but I told him I was not going to have another inspection, just do the repair. Eventually he said alright, I will cancel the inspection and have him just do the repair. I double checked with him that we are now not doing the inspection and the guy is going to show up at 5 and just do the repair. He confirmed. Ha! The mechanic finally showed up just before 6pm WITH NO PARTS TO DO THE REPAIR!!! No one told him the inspection was cancelled. We re-explained the whole thing to him, and he agreed we didn't need another inspection. He said he would try to reschedule us for 5pm the next day, Wednesday.

Second disaster, I got a notification on my online account and email that the make-up appointment had been scheduled for 5pm Wednesday. NO ONE EVER SHOWED UP OR CONTACTED ME!!! Complete no-show, no-contact! I emailed them to express my extreme frustration and demand a discount on the still-uncompleted repair. I got an email to call them. I did, and after apologizing, and not offering any explanation or make-good, set to work to reschedule the appointment.

Third disaster, they didn't have anyone available when we were, so he said he would call the mechanics in our area and see if anyone was available on Saturday, the only day left that week that worked for us. I asked about the discount and he said he would send that request to the department that handled that kind of thing, and then he would get back to me on both. That guy did check back to let me know he was calling mechanics but had not found anyone, and a second time when our connection was bad. I didn't get any more emails, or updates on my online account, so that afternoon I called and emailed to try to get an update. Nothing. I called again the next morning, got another guy, who talked to the first guy - no mechanic available, so YourMechanic will have to cancel the appointment! I asked what did the manager's department say about the discount, he said there was nothing about any discount request on the record, and he would send that request after he cancelled the appointment (what appointment?!?).

So, four days after contacting YourMechanic, having cancelled my repair appointment, and missed a wheel alignment special at the shop I was going to use for that, I can now go back through the whole stupid process and get a new quote, make a new appointment, probably get a new last-minute "you need an inspection" email and then sit here like a chump hoping someone actually shows up and does the friggin repair. No thanks, YourMechanic, you failed on every front. You are not my mechanic, and you shouldn't be anyone else's either. Pathetic!

alexp368
3/15/19

Avoid it and better check real auto shops around. These guys may be good in changing oil or other simple tasks but by my own experience this company is a scum. I have ordered diagnostic for $75 and as appeared it was throwing money. My car did not start and I already replaced starter and tried jumpstart. Apparently, the battery was not an issue. The guy (Naperville) came at 10:54 and left at 11:18 with a strange message like "customer replace butt". I wrote him saying that it is not a butt and he said "then I would check the wires". So I said, then check the wires, but he left. I call the office and a guy from (I am not kidding" Smart Department", typical salesman tried convince me to agree for another mechanic for another $75 (!). This called scam and I contacted my credit company already with complain. The service sounds cheap but actually I found several real shops around that are much more reliable and honest.

alexp361
3/11/19

Avoid this company. My car did not start and after trying jump start and replacing starter I figured out that this is NOT a BAT issue and I ordered 1 hour diagnosis test from them for $74.99. They sent me a mechanic who worked on my car for less than 20 min and said it is BAT. He also advised me (!) to check wires ! I called to the office and talked to the very stubborn and low level professional Andy (a little smart ass boss from Smart Department, no kidding) with complain and he only protected his own ass telling that the guy did nothing wrong and refused to refund me money. O, may be it sounds like an anecdote, but he also wanted to send another mechanic and charge me more for the same diagnosis. Now I am calling to my credit company to dispute this case.

reginald
2/26/19

Worst company I have ever worked with. They send you 50 emails about your quote. They book your appointment then cancel it for no reason. Their customer service is garbage. They do not read their emails. Their rude call center people won't help you or help you answer mechanics questions.

rachelg165
2/20/19

They are inefficient and unreliable they cancelled all 4 of my appointments. Don't use them at all. They cancelled 3 within the same day with a matter of 2 hours until my appointments. They aren't genuine and lie, sorry don't fix my car. Time is valuable and it's worth going to a dealer and just getting your car fixed than time being wasted.

shawns177
2/18/19

Absolute garbage company the worst customer service I've ever dealt with.A simple battery change and oil change turned out to be a nightmare for 7 days I would never suggest this company to anyone until they learn how to treat there customers right.Again I wish I could give negative stars this place is an absolute joke and should stop doing business.Stop scamming people your company is truly and total garbage all the reviews below this one are 100% correct DO NOT GET SCAMMED LIKE WE DID....

deeh98
2/4/19

I had an appointment scheduled for over a month. The first time, the mechanic had an issue and had to reschedule. The next few weeks we had bad weather and it wasn't going to work. All understandable.

This past week, we were looking forward to finally having our truck fixed. The day prior, mechanic confirms he is coming. The day off - no show. I message him. No response. I contact customer service and they tell me that they are unable to provide the service and I should look for a local shop.

I could have been looking for a local shop for over a month but I had an appointment with them. The customer service responses all appear fairly automated as no one can tell me WHY they couldn't tell me that the service was unavailable a month ago and why the mechanic confirmed the day before. They keep repeating the same automated sounding response.

gregoryb156
1/13/19

Steven Potter was very courteous and knows what he is doing. I will call and ask for him everytime. This will be who l call for work on my 93 Honda accord.

jesses131
1/12/19

Mechanic performed faulty service on the coolant system of the engine. Caught fire. Lost the car. YourMechanic gave me the shrug.

Beware, if a real mechanic, shop or dealership gets wind you used YourMechanic, you will be charged more, void warranties and claims will be unfunded.

mrh67
12/26/18

Mechanic replaced the oil and recommended to replace the valve gasket cover. I thought my gasket was fine, I still thanked him and I was planning to schedule a second service. Then I decided check the engine myself. I realized the oil cap was left unscrewed, but it looked like it was properly fastened. Basically what he did was, leaving the oil cap not secure, so the oil will leak eventually on the road and the next time we open the hood, he would have a good reason to change the gasket as it would look like the cover was leaking. CHEAP TRICKS. STAY AWAY. BUY A OBD II diagnostic device for $30 and you are good. NEVER ORDER DIAGNOSTICS, all they do is plug the device and read the codes. You can do it for $30. Just my 2 cents.

giovannic60
12/12/18

Mechanic cancelled 2 times in a row. Complete waste of time. I do not recommend this service to anyone!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

I called them and tried to get things resolved. They did not, though I had hopes they would have. So, I guess it might depend how expensive the fix is or some other logic that I can't decipher. They could still call me...but I doubt they will since they didn't responds to the BBB complaint.

By David L.

Yes don't do it worst experience now I'm charged 133 and my car isn't fixed

By Ashley D.

I'm having bad experience with them. The mechanic they sent me didn't replace the the drive belt right and he knew it because it was making noise after he installed it and told me he will return if it continues. Now, it's still doing it and I've emailed, texted... But haven't heard anything on their end yet. It has been almost 2 weeks. I wonder if I can find people that were/are having trouble with them and fight this company.

By Joe A.

don't use them

By Mark D.

Don't use them

By Mark D.

No don't use them. Call The Do-it-all Mobile Mechanic 321 Diamond Oaks Rd (916) 719-6169

By Cindy F.

Questions? Get answers from the YourMechanic staff and other customers.

4 Photos for YourMechanic