Review of Yelp

Tel: (800) 900-1431 6282
sf@yelp.com

destinyk7
2/20/19

They call at least two to three times a week! Also email all the time...it's like they can't take no for an answer! They are so rude and pushy and seem to think that a business can't thrive without the help of Yelp! I don't understand how they can still be up and running especially since they have no respect! It is unreal to me that they are allowed to call people and talk to them the way they do! Blows my mind!

moodys9
2/19/19

Yelp! Shame on you! You know. A lot of hard working shop owners are doing their best not for your stars but for their passions. Just because we can't advertise with you, you move our good reviews to "currently not recommend". You accuse us for faking reviews? Why does your algorithm only work for good reviews and not bad reviews? You removed 51-5 star reviews and left a bad review, seriously? SHAME ON YOU. We called and you said that if we pay, not only do we get our reviews back, we can remove any unwanted reviews.
Our reviews and revenue come from our blood, sweat and tears and your revenue comes from blackmail. They don't belong to you and it looks like you're going to get it soon. Can't wait to see you get shut down.

jonahg13
2/13/19

Set up a campaign, deactivated it, thought it was off but then received a bill for $800, had no idea

carlag59
2/11/19

Why hasn't someone legally taken action and been successful? This is not right!
I have called the number provided for customer service and all I was able to get is rude responses or they hang up on me after I ask just the simplest question. This is not acceptable and this will come to an end because we the people do not deserve this craziness... as I read the past reviews it makes me sick to see how many people have to experience this with personal or business matters and more so how nothing has been successfully done about it. I will definitely do major homework for this.....

philg123
2/8/19

I own a business in the Chicago area i have had there salespeople call on a regular basis telling me if i join yelp they can make the bad (Fake reviews) go away. I have had customers tell me they've written great reviews but for some reason yelp won't post them!! Odd maybe it's because i refuse to be extorted by them.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY .

rubier
2/8/19

They decided to delete a couple of my bad reviews on a business because"it wasnt long enough"... taking away my right to speech if you ask me...so screw yelp will not be using them again

kevinw408
2/7/19

Be careful of Yelp, their reviews are mostly fake they let people make fake profiles & reviews of business positive & negative

ronaldh216
2/7/19

I am so frustrated with Yelp and surely they will fade away soon. Yelp at first, was a great place for restaurant or small business reviews, until now. They hold small businesses "good reviews" ransom until you pay for a business account. I only wish we could cancel our business from showing up on Yelps review site. We as a small business have a Better Business rating = A+, Google rating 4.0 stars, Yelp rating of only 1 star.Seems very lop sided... If people only looked at Yelp for a purchase decision they would never leave there homes. Yelp as a business defiantly deserves this one star rating.

maryr513
2/7/19

How many times do I have to tell them we are NOT interested?? The sales team is beyond rude and pushy. I understand it's your job but don't question or criticize the way we run our business... We are very successful without the use of you. Do not waste your money! There are other ways to market your business (that actually work). You can still manage your business hours, info, and reply to reviews without giving them money. STAY AWAY

sala28
2/6/19

I saw few negative review and alot of positive reviews about my business, with time positive review disappear but negative review stay for ever, I had negative reviews since 3 years ago, it never disappear , when I called "YELP" to discuss this issue they blankly can do nothing unless I'm a paying advertiser, that's very dishonest way to force business to pay them and keep paying them, other wise we will not show consumers that you have good reviews, and we keep showing them only bad reviews unless you PAY PAY PAY, get that......be care full working with them,

leahp88
2/4/19

I am a single mom with a small cleaning company. I have my website information on Yelp for the past five years and have never once been charged.

A salesman named Zach called me up and was supposed to give me instructions on how to change certain things on my Yelp page. When he called me to do this, he started trying to upsale me on an advertising product. I told him I was interested but there was NO WAY I could afford any payment coming out on February 1, 2019. He suggested that we set it up and that he would apply $150 credit so there would be no way possible that I would be charged on February 1, 2019. With his assurance, I went ahead and signed up with them. HUGE MISTAKE!!!

Oddly enough, after I agreed to sign up, Zach never gave me the information he originally called to give me. He gave me his personal contact information and said if there were any problems that he would personally take care of it. ALL LIES!!

So come February 1, 2019, they charged my account, which overdrew it, especially with all the other bills that were supposed to post that day. There was a reason I told him that I could not afford it at that time. I have spent hours on Friday, Saturday and today, Monday trying to get them to fix what they messed up. I can't get Zach to return a phone call or email. They have all refused to get me to a manager. This isn't just an upset customer, there are legal issues at hand and they could care less.

Unfortunately for them, I record all of my phone calls too. If I can't get them to fix this without anymore of a fight, you will be able to follow our court battle on the local news. I'm so sick of these big companies screwing the smaller ones out of funds they need just so they can hit a sales quota. Well Zach, I hope you are proud of yourself. I hope meeting your quota was worth screwing my company over!! Hopefully when one of you or your managers reads this review, maybe I will actually get a call back. It doesn't seem that Yelp has any sort of management

nonyab18
2/4/19

I have some stalkers and haters that posted fake reviews and YELP.com removed them after I sent them facts and details. Somehow, all of my legit reviews have been moved into the "not recommended" section, which are not visible on mobile phones. I am grateful they removed the libel reviews, though.

cristd
2/3/19

I'm not going to write a long review about YELP...THEY HAVE WASTED ENOUGH OF MY TIME AND MONEY....I THOUGHT THEY WERE LEGIT LIKE GOOGLE...BUT AFTER SPENDING MONEY AND SEEING THEIR METHODS OF OPERATIONS....IM GOING TO GO TO A LAWFIRM AND SHOW THEM WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO ME AND MY REVIEWS...MAYBE YELP WILL TAKE THE CHEESE AS THEY ARE MONITORED BY ATTORNEYS WATCHING THEM AND THEIR HANDY WORK.KEYWORDS I WOULD USE TO DESCRIBE YELP ARE SHADY,BULLIES...JUST DOWN RIGHT BAD BUSINESS...A SCAM! HOW I COULD GO FROM THINKING THEY WERE LEGIT AND GREAT TO DISGUSTING IN ONLY 2 MONTHS...PEOPLE ARE CATCHING ON....KEEP IT UP YELP...YOUR KARMA IS CATCHING UP TO YOU.

wandaw67
1/22/19

Got a call from yelp rep stating I have all these great reveiws , but I need a yelp account for people to see my great reviews. Paid $350+to be at top with my great reviews but got first place with only 2 reviews n 11 recommended. That in itself sounds negative. Called support n they blamed it on a screening process with a algorithm that chooses what can be seen by the public. I have reviews from years before n still aren't showing. This account with its processing is hurting me negatively. I would not recommend yelp to anyone.

raneea
1/18/19

Yelp is about as reliable as wikipedia. Reviews are not to be trust worthy nor honest. I've done business with some companies based on reviews and found them to be completely different from the review.

mikec719
1/18/19

Yelp is not a reliable review site. Their "filtered" reviews are based on wether or not the business pays for advertising so in short the businesses that have the most reviews also pay for them to be seen. It is nothing short of extortion of small businesses.

vickit49
1/16/19

The ONLY reviews they will post are NEGATIVE UNLESS YOU PAY THEM for advertising! Such a scam - dishonest!!!!

kristye11
1/8/19

Someone named Brian has been calling repeatedly in attempts to have my business purchase advertising. After being told that we weren't interested, he got belligerent and rude, arguing that he was "trying to help us." I explained that if we needed help, we'd contact them back. After asking multiple times to speak to a manager, he offered to leave me on hold for 30 minutes while they were "in a meeting". Again, he argued that being in sales meant he can't take no for an answer... The last time I asked him to stop harassing me, and get a manager, he said he could leave them a note, and wouldn't honor the offer to leave me on hold for them.

Up until this point, most interactions with Yelp have been okay. This was the worst customer service I've experienced with any business.

davidm1761
1/6/19

Yelp removed all positive reviews of my business A Plus Auto Inc and categorized them as "not useful" and left 1 negative review posted. *Note whenever Yelp representatives have called me to advertise with Yelp (which is quite often) I have always declined, and blocked their number because they call so much.

izabellak2
1/4/19

My legitimate positive reviews were cut after I decided not to invest any money into Yelp add companies. At first, they cut my reviews in half and a month later my business left without any reviews and zero rating because of that.

I think the reviews rip-offs is a strategy to push away small businesses.

carlose27
1/3/19

Like the old Yellow Pages and Google maps, Yelp is the place to read and write reviews about a business. Seems like a good place to find restaurants and anything else. I noticed that Yelp takes a long time to publish my reviews after I submit them. Maybe it's just a glitch.

kristic56
1/3/19

Never been a big Yelp user, but have had enough calls from customers based on them looking us up, so took the time to listen to the pushy Yelp salesperson promising me a huge increase in business if I signed up for their ads. 1 month and $600 and no jobs later, I cancelled the ads - (my opinion of their ads program and it's value is for another day) - Really I just wanted to mention the ads to let other business owners know not to do them- pay the $90 each month for the perks instead to avoid Yelps pushing your potential clients to other businesses. My real issue is their handling of reviews. It's just so... shady. They say it has to do with how active a user is on Yelp whether their review is recommended or not. Out of 51 reviews - all but 2 of them 5 stars and 18 from 2018 alone- each one written by a real customer with no incentive- Yelp chooses to only 'recommend' 15 of those - and only 3 from 2018. 35 are 'not recommended'. I could go on and on about their 'recommendation software' that they supposedly have no control over and how I've did a little research and comparing and found them to be liars. I could go on and on how our recommended reviews dropped from 26 to 15 in the space of a few days after I canceled the ads. But I don't have time for all that. I am just wondering who asked Yelp to nit pik through and withhold reviews that a real person took the time to write. It's BS- if I did - (which I don't)- I would want to make my own decision based on All the reviews customers had written - good and bad. I think it's very presumptuous of Yelp to decide for other people whether or not they see what they are literally on Yelp to see in the first place.

stevem804
1/3/19

Absolute Scam! One months service: 1 Actual Phone Call (no sale)
2 Message on App (no sale)
Total for the month = $498.00
Cancelled Service = 1 month later $93.86 (Pro Rated)
I CAN NOT GIVE A MORE NEGATIVE REVIEW!!!

elim45
1/2/19

i cant stand yelp as a business owner, i literally though away thousands of dollars this year. stay away!

timl241
12/31/18

Terrible system, have left over 9 reviews on Yelp for legit businesses and they are not there. I was prompted by a restaurant owner which I happened to ask if he saw the rating I gave his place. He said no, He immediately tried searching for it and it was not listed, in fact he had said no worrie. I frequently visit the restaurant because of the consistency and quality of the food.

I decided to go on my phone and his review was there, I called for him and showed him, he pulled out his phone and we found the review under a not recommended section.

Yelp has defraud me and robbed the poor owner of his review. It showed the review was active as long as I was signed in to Yelp but as soon as I logged out of Yelp and did another search it was under a not recommended review.

Yelp, stop defrauding and misleading your customer and business alike or your company will eventually fail. I cant believe I have wasted my time writing a review from my busy schedule for you not to even count it. I will never depend on your site for anything as I see many similar complaints.

I would suggest customers stop depending on Yelp and move to a company such as google, or home advisor, thumbtack or whatever. I guess is hard to trust anyone but when there are so many complaints both from users and businesses alike you know something stinks.

YELP YOU are one rotten apple.

Good luck everyone who uses them..

Tim lopez

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

yes, it's true or they go to "not recommended"

By anon a.

yelp are crooks, find some where else

By Charlie W.

For one of my business they made me pay for their monthly service which I never did, so my positive review was hidden.

By Robert L.

Look somewhere else. As the reviews here show Yelp is notoriously unreliable.

By Mick G.

Read the reviews on this site

By anon a.

By Robert L.

Google the name of the law firm and add complaints to your search...

By Francisco M.

Yes they erase all reviews they darn well wish to delete. CROOKED YELP!

By Gabe J.

Questions? Get answers from the Yelp staff and other customers.

Yelp?