Review of Yelp

Tel: (800) 900-1431 6282
sf@yelp.com

chrisc947
5/20/19

I go above and beyond to write detailed reviews for business I frequent. In the best cases and the worst, I try to insure my balances are fair and honest. While "not logged in" to Yelp on a different browser, I was surprised when I didn't see a nice review I wrote for a business (and one I've been using for years). Lo and behold, it was listed in Yelps "not recommended" section. So I used the contact Yelp option and received a generic reply, that neither addressed my concern nor showed the least bit of concern. Since Yelp doesn't exist without users that write reviews for businesses that, having my honest review blocked because of some computer program and NO means for a human to intervene means I will no longer write business reviews on Yelp!

michellek269
5/17/19

I called HP Support with help to remove a paper jam that was within an incased compartment. They told me that when I pulled the jam out I did it wrong and the drivers crashed then tired to sell me 3 years for 149.99 for new drives. When I told him I am not buying new drivers for a paper Jam he said than I cant help you. This is the worse service I have ever received! They are horrible! They are Rude!

randyg25
5/16/19

Accent is a Carrier dealer. Compressor failed in our heat pump less than a year ago. They tried to convince us that our Carrier was junk and we should buy a new unit. We resisted emphatically until they did us a "favor" and divulged to us that the unit was actually under warranty! Which brings us to today as our compressor has failed once again in less than a year. They say now that the part is not under warranty even though it's less than a year. Very unusual. And of course they are a adamant that they sell us a new $15k unit. Accent blames Carrier. Takes no responsibility for the pre mature failure and poor workmanship that contributed to the premature failure. They said they would elevate our concern to Carrier, but no response. There are ways for dealers to capitalize on "warrantable" parts through the OEM at the expense of their "valued" customers. I suspect that is routine with Accent. Keep your failed parts. Get a second opinion before spending 1 dime with Accent Heating and Cooling of Brush Prairie. You've been warned.

marks1461
5/15/19

THIS BUSSINESS TAKES REVIEWS OF MENTALLY SICK PEOPLE AS TRUE WITHOUT CONFIRMING , UNEXPERIENCED PEOPLE VIEWS ARE PLACED FIRST AS AUTHORITIES.
YELP THE SAME AS HEALTH GRADES ASK MONEY FROM THE REVIEWED TO "HELP" IMPROVE THEIR REPORTS.

mikhailg10
5/15/19

My company has been in business for over 2 years. I've had the same number of reviews since. I can't grow because I have 76 five star reviews in do not recommend. These five star reviews are from people who are very active on yelp with many friends and reviews. But if someone who creates an account that day with no picture or reviews or friends leaves a 1 star it stays on my page for 6 months, deeply affecting my business. We as business owners are not protected, whenever I question them about their algorithm, no one knows about it, no one can help us no one can explain why this is happening.

andreyv13
5/14/19

Absolutely worst experience with yelp : removing good reviews from happy customers and put on the top bad reviews.

patriciaq20
5/14/19

It is unethical that a company would allow posting of deranged people, making crazy and derogatory statements against reputable health care business individuals (doctors/dentists), without any scrutiny about the validity of the claims and postings. The surgeon who operated on me, has a couple of these "unhappy with life" woman who want to look like Angeline Jolie when they are old and no plastic surgeon can perform the miracle! Yelp facilitate these "freedom of speech" claims. Yelp keep calling for business -who would want to pay for this type of service?? Stay away from YELP and do not give credit to what seems "outrageous" reviews.

jeffc439
5/13/19

Yelp is such a scam. Yelp claimed we would get lots of calls-we got 2. Now no one in account services, including our business rep, Jenna, will take our call. On hold with customer service for 30 min. Only got automated response to my emails-a real person will not contact you.What a scam rip off! Another rep, Ivan, says his department can't help-big surprise. Ivan, gave me another number that left me on hold for another 30 min.

suem35
5/13/19

yelp will post any review before doing any verification, by the time they get to it the damage is already done.

I own a campground in New York state, a women from Washington state gave me a one star rating complaing that there is an "evergreen speedway" nearby where the sounds of the engines and smell of exhaust filters into the camp. evergreen speedway is located in washington, thousands of miles away, they are not writing about my campground i contacted the reviewer to no avail i also called yelp help line and they didn't care and were not removing the post. the man was extremely rude saying they have freedom of speech. insisting the reviewer has the right to say whatever they think. i reported it to yelp also and they emailed me saying it can take a few days to look into it. so in the mean time the bad review sits there, who wants to camp at a noisy campground? they also hid 5 five star reviews from my page . .

geem6
Gee M.
5/11/19

Yelp claims they will not remove reviews for pay. However, they will remove an HONEST, HELPFUL review at the request of SHADY business owners. I did my best to WARN people about a shady "medical" practice that is not run by Doctors who are treating knee pain and they removed my review.

These people are injecting patients knees and many of the people including a REAL Doctor complained that the treatments DID NOT work. The REAL Doctor even referred to them as QUACKS and was dismissed by them from ever coming back. This is something I witnessed in person.

But somehow I'M the bad 'negative' person who deserves to have my reviews REMOVED? Well excuse me YELP for trying to keep people from being cheated out of their money and trying to keep them from being physically HARMED by possibly being a victim of dangerous UNTESTED procedures that could cause them PERMANENT DAMAGE!

YELP wreaks! I will NEVER use your site again to post ANY kind of review good or bad.

joannem196
5/10/19

DUMP!!!!GOOD LUCK GOING THERE! THE OWNER COULD CARELESS ABOUT SAFTEY, ITS ABOUT MONEY!!! FROZEN PIPES, FROZEN DRIVEWAYS, SAFTEY HAZARDS! GOOD LUCK!!

jeanl175
5/9/19

This company should be ashamed of their practices, I feel bad for anyone who believes their bogus content.

petyab
5/8/19

We were hooked for an advertising promotion with a $450 limit per month and a $150 discount. As other reviews have said, we did not get any bill and after we cancelled, because it was not working at all, the billing online showed a $600 charge for less than a month. That included additional charges of $240 for some booster advertising and competition ads not to be displayed, which we had no idea about!!
Absolute thieves ! Besides, the ads do not really give any information about leads and how to actually improve your business to attract more people.

mikaelm5
5/8/19

DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH yelp.COM
1. First when we start advertising with yelp we got 6 -7 reviews we been happy, but they start to disappear.
2. I call to yelp ask what going on, they explain me the review is not accepted by the web engine.so we have 0 review
3. I stop paying for the adds, and it get worst ), they put wrong picture off my business, and told me that is most relevant picture of my business by yelp web engine.
4. On my account appear 1 star review
5. And they told me - if I want to do control my account I need to start paying for advertising.

charlesl295
5/7/19

I reported a 2 star review of a business that I like that failed to go into any detail whatsoever and they refused to revoke it or have it expanded upon for specificity.

shaunn20
5/7/19

Waste of money! Business owners do not use Yelp! If you like throwing money away just send it my way, I'll put it to good use! venmo- @Nelsonjax

bradl97
5/7/19

DO NOT ADVERTISE WITH YELP! They get you to sign up with a "free" $300 promotion and never email you a bill. So unless you specifically go on their website, you have no idea what you are going to be billed. Oh, and when you cancel, their cost-per-click suddenly jumps almost 700% on your last bill so forget about that free $300, it gets eaten up and you get a SURPRISE charge on your credit card. SCAMMERS! Also, if you have a daily budget, that means nothing to them. I had a $10 a day budget and was charged over $28 per click! Don't get sweet-talked into their promotions. We didn't get one job from Yelp and the only 2 contacts we received were from California and we provide a service in Ontario Canada!

alr109
5/6/19

-Deleted legit reviews
-Most calls or searches were from out of service area
-they lied about stats.

salond
5/5/19

Yelp sucks! Business owners Beware!!!! Steer clear!!! We are a new business and have only had 3 reviews. 2 out of the 3 have been removed and moved to not recommended! And this happened shortly after I cancelled my yelp campaign. And now I can remove my listing. It is my listing! How can they force me to keep it listed when I am I the one that listed it. Their excuse is that it is consumer's and public's right to know about the business, yet they are removing real reviews. I cancelled the ad campaign because I agreed on a $10/day budget after just 24 hours I had spent $47 for the campaign. I cancelled it immediately and plan to never spend another dime with them. I emailed the rep that called me relentlessly about it and the reviews being moved and you can guess she, Nadia, never responded! How is this company able to rip businesses off and have control over their listings and reviews. I guess Yelp doesn't believe it possible for company to have all 5 star reviews. We do and it isn't right to remove our true reviews. I will never recommend my guest go here to review ever!!!!!!

rachela179
5/4/19

A couple weeks ago I did a review of a store I had gone to on Yelp. It was a 1 star review with a factual review. Within 24 hours my review was removed and I received an email saying that it was taken down due to a conflict of interest. When I tried contacting support about the issue asking how it was a conflict of interest I received a response saying that it was a final decision. No one would tell me HOW it qualified as a conflict of interest. I tried reposting the review with a couple changes. I did not mention any other companies in any of my attempts to post my review. Then out of nowhere my account was deactivated. They never gave me any reason why.
After doing some research and talking to a few people that go to that store on occasion I found out a couple interesting things. The first being that this store had every bad review of their store removed. Second bit of info was that they knew people who had been able to have such things done by paying someone working at Yelp. The third revelation was that a family member of the owner of the store works in the support section of Yelp.
It is wrong. No one should be able to pay or ask family to remove a review just because they don't like it. It is dishonest to customers and bad business.
The store owner had even responded to my review in an insulting way. Everyone I know have all agreed they do not trust Yelp.

donz22
5/3/19

This is the most invasive site yet. i like some others better, but it is hard to get by this site. Also, i have some friends with companies that say their reviews are much better if they advertise with them. Not exactly an unbiased site.

kevinn142
5/3/19

How can a company that provides reviews on other companies have such a poor review? They have been trying to contact me for over a year. They just dont take the hint 1

tanyab115
5/2/19

I am an interior designer and construction coordinator.
I have referred 50+ built in swimming pools to Gold Country Pools. My clients have been overjoyed with his artistic ability and his experience of 40+ years.
He is very helpful and can always answer your questions.
My clients have even comeback for a pool at their new residence and referred their family and friends to Alex, the owner.

maryj786
5/1/19

We've attempted to cancel our Yelp account since we weren't seeing any benefits from our 300 to 400 charge each month. They said they couldn't cancel our credit card since it was set up online which it was not (lies) it was set up with one of their sales people and we did a three-way call with our credit card company and yelp they were supposed to stop taking out monthly fees and they hit our credit card again today.

maryp508
5/1/19

Do not think you will make a dime with Yelp. They take all your money and you get nothing for it. They are a scam company all the way. They call you with promotional money that is a scam as well. They still take hundred's of dollars out of your account. I can't wait until they get sued. I am all in.

3 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

yelp are crooks, find some where else

By Charlie W.

yes, it's true or they go to "not recommended"

By anon a.

For one of my business they made me pay for their monthly service which I never did, so my positive review was hidden.

By Robert L.

Look somewhere else. As the reviews here show Yelp is notoriously unreliable.

By Mick G.

Read the reviews on this site

By anon a.

By Robert L.

Google the name of the law firm and add complaints to your search...

By Francisco M.

Yes they erase all reviews they darn well wish to delete. CROOKED YELP!

By Gabe J.

Questions? Get answers from the Yelp staff and other customers.

Yelp?