US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

dregonflym

I am always super happy with pricing, quality, swiftness, and customer service. (in 82 reviews)

robertr66

We would only wish that they would have a normal return policy. (in 15 reviews)

dianeu1

A recent order of mine was not delivered to me, tho the shipper said it was, and they'd replaced it within the week. (in 110 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

bobj113
7/17/16

In a recent post, Woot admitted to selling crap. It sounded like they were proud of it. In other words, lets stick it to our customers.
I strongly urge you to stay away from this web site and do not purchase a thing from them.

pamb46
6/28/16

I used to order regularly from Woot. Got some great stuff from docking stations to pearls to whatever. However, the charm is gone. Woot sells junk now and doesn't have a conscience about it. For example, I ordered a set of sheets for $90.00. When I washed them once, they shrunk so that they no longer fit on the mattress or the pillows. I appealed to Woot. After all, I had been doing business with them for years, and this was pretty darn bad. But, nope, can't do a thing. Against policy. Doesn't matter if it's egregious. Doesn't matter if it's not ethical to sell sheets from China that can't be washed. After a string of 6 or so emails, I gave up. And I gave up on Woot. There is no heart or ethics in it now. Is this the effect of the Amazon buy out?

cp80
6/17/16

I will NEVER do business with this company again. Worst customer service ever. I canceled my order the day after I placed it--three times--and they shipped it anyway. You cannot reach a real person there.

couttt
5/16/16

Products cannot be returned. I purchased from woot twice and have not been satisfied and I will never purchase from them again.

johnn900
5/10/16

great site to order from great customer satisfaction and returns...fun to deal with and great stuff

marym327
5/6/16

Have had a few positive experiences. The latest purchase was terrible and convinced me to not use this site, after being a regular customer for many years. Received an order with a popular name brand, several items HAD NO TAGS. Used items? These were to be given as gits and are now useless. One item was clearly a child's size, and I only ordered adult items (the only option actually). Tried to resolve. Response was "no returns". Crap shoot. Not my thing anymore.

clarenceq
4/30/16

I ordered an HP Pavilion laptop and realized the next day that, to my horror, I had clicked my old employer's address. I immediately emailed woot support. Hours later they emailed back that it was too late, it was shipping and they couldn't stop it. They told me in the email to contact my old employer and have them refuse. I checked the order status and it was still "pending/not shipped". I guess Woot's customer service folks don't know how to talk to their warehouse folks. Anyway, I did contact ex-employer and they refused the package. However the FedEx tracker still shows "Delivered". I had the receptionist at the old employer email me what happened and she confirmed it was returned. I've given the details to both FedEx and Woot, copied woot on my contact with both ex-employer and FedEx. The point is this: I did everything I could once I realized my mistake, to get the order re-routed to my home or new job...Woot by all appearances did not even try to intercept the package which was clearly not shipped until the next day! And then they are doing everything they can to not acknowledge the cascading $#*! that snowballed after their first "no".

kyleb65
4/13/16

I ordered an HP Envy laptop as a refurbished model. Checked out and possibly misspelled my email. Anyway, laptop showed up as expected and the keyboard doesn't work. Can't contact woot by telephone and they are absolutely no help through email. They absolutely refuse to help me. Worthless return policy. I get ahold of HP directly and trouble shoot the laptop for 3 days straight. It's finally determined that the keyboard is bad. Wouldn't be a problem but Woot, Inc. never sent HP a purchase update like they are required to do so now my Laptop is out of warranty 3 days after it arrived. I warn you, NEVER deal with this company. My next option is to do a credit card chargeback.

jesses36
3/20/16

I had ordered 2 invicta watches off of their website and upon opening the packages i found 1 empty invicta box and 1 watch that wasnt what i had ordered. Both receipts had invicta watch numbers that looked nothing like the watches that where displayed or described on their website.

Tip for consumers: Be sure to keep screen shot records of the items you purchase to prove the description and image of what you order.

haroldv3
3/11/16

When I saw refurbished I though open box and returns. Instead the computer I received had a manufacture date from 2011. When I used a program that could access the hard drive, it found the hard drive had been on for 890 days So far works fine, but I would not knowingly buy something so old

esk12
3/9/16

I ordered something on woot.com and tried to cancel it the same day in an hour. Apparently they dont cancel your orders if its after 15 minutes. And when you return they reduce the refund by 20% for restocking fee. I say its the worst website ever to purchase anything. DO NOT BUY Anything on this website.

darylm21
3/7/16

I recently placed a very simple order: 2 wireless charging docks for my sansung galaxy S6. Expecting delivery in a few weeks, I was very happy to get a package from Woot! in the mail three days later. I ripped apart the small bubble package they sent me, only to have that happiness disappear in an instant. They sent the wrong item.

Instead of receiving 2 wireless charging docks, they sent me a single Micro USB to HDMI converter cord. "Alright, I'll just talk to their customer service and have them send me the correct order" I thought to myself...

This is when their lack of communication and terrible service structure completely ruined my first experience with their company.

I sent them a polite "Hey, you guys sent me the wrong item" email, and got a response within 8 hours "Your refund has been processed and should reflect on your original payment method in the next couple of business days". "Alright, It's over at least" I thought to myself as I actually found the same item from china for 4.99 each instead of woot!'s 27.99 price.

A few hours later, their customer service sent me another email, saying "Hello,

I am sorry for the incorrect response sent you in the previous mail, we kindly request you to ignore it.

Upon checking your concern towards the item I am sorry to hear the item(s) you received is not as expected. Unfortunately we do not have any replacements available to send you. I have initiated an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) to return your order and created a prepaid return label."

So I print out my label, package the cord I never ordered up in it's original packaging and am just about to head out to drop it in the mailbox when my phone beeps saying I have another new email... Low and behold, it is again from "Woot!"s confused customer service department.

"Hello,

We are very sorry to hear that! If you believe there is an error from our end, we request that you send us photos of the items. You should be able to attach them directly to a reply to this email. If you are unable to get them to attach, you can send them directly to us at support@woot.com. If you do it this way, please be sure to include the order number so we can easily find your information. Once we have that, we can investigate your options for you further. We apologize for the inconvenience."

So now... I need to tear off all the tape I just bundled onto the cut package to mail out, so that I can send them pictures of what I recieved... AFTER they already told me to print out a prepaid mailing label and mail the wrong item back to them... I am gritting my teeth at this point, as the complete lack of communication between their support staff is driving me bonkers... It should be obvious at this point why they have lost a lifetime customer at this point... I actually begin thinking this is all part of a scam they do to con people out of their money intentionally.

Nonetheless, I unpackage the cord, snap photos of it with the original receipt and email it to them as requested. And THEN re-package the cord and drop it in the mailbox.

A few hours later, I get another email reply which reads as follows:

"Hello,

I'm so sorry about the problem you had with your item. Unfortunately, we do not have any replacements to send you. We have two options: (1) We can issue a partial refund in the amount of $10.00(for both the items) and you keep the item, OR (2) We can issue an RMA with a prepaid return label and you can return it for a full refund. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
"

Let me remind you, I paid $64 for these two wireless charging docks, and now they are trying to offer me a refund of 10 dollars to keep an item I don't even want. So naturally, I explain to them that I already mailed the package out, that their communication between customer service reps is horrendous and that I want ALL of my money back.

The rep replies back with :

"In order to return the item for full refund, please use the label and paste it on the item and return it back to us.

Your refund will be processed once we receive the item and should reflect on your original payment method in the next couple of business days. This time frame may vary from one financial institution to another.

I hope you understand our limitations."

"Alright, it's in the mail, I am all set for a full refund once they recieve the item" I think to myself... So I wait about a week and they eventually send me an email stating "Woot! has recieved your item"

Another few days goes by and I recieve another email... Stating that 27.99 has been refunded onto my account... I am FUMING at this point... Because even after telling 6-7 different customer service reps that I bought TWO chargers, and only recieved ONE item I never ordered... they only reimbursed me for ONE charger.

My email back to their customer service at this point is not very nice... I had to threaten to bring the company to court before they would actually refund my entire order. After serveral days, and several other emails from their customer service department which seems to have ZERO communication with its other members, I finally recieved my second refund... in two parts... Because yes, their customer service reps are that inept.

Even though this company is owned by Amazon, it does not have anywhere near the customer service of its parent company, and they will make life difficult on you any way they can.

Avoid at all costs.

Tip for consumers: Unless you are a masochist, don't use Woot! There are hundreds of better companies online to buy products for cheaper, with far better customer service.

larryu3
2/25/16

Recently made a purchase that was not as advertised. I emailed for a refund and they responded saying that, acc to their return policy, my item was not eligible for refund. After pressing the issue further and offering a valid argument, they obliged and refunded the price of the item and the shipping fee. I see a lot of negative reviews on here and I have to agree with some of the concerns. I feel the return policy is a bit too strict but it is clearly laid out. Perhaps my agreeable experience was due to my longevity as a customer but whatever the reason, they've kept me as a customer. Also, I paid with Amazon payments, so I don't know if that affected the outcome since I'm a regular Amazon customer, also.

derekk7
2/22/16

Woot is supposed to be a great deal site, but now it is a fake deal site meaning the prices are normal retail and prices are better elsewhere on the same products

janb60
2/21/16

Products are Always exactly as described from cool trendy t-shirts to kids games and clothes to unusual gifts. Never a disappointment with flat $5 shipping

briand86
2/21/16

Placed an order with Woot for two items two weeks ago. After patting themselves on the back for the shipment, it turns out they only shipped one item and it was wrong. Somehow red is the same color as silver/black to them. Before I could resolve this issue, they send the other one. I told them I would return them after the second arrived since i would return them both. Before they answered that request, they provided notice that the second item had shipped. I told them, again, I would ship them back at the same time but they issued a return label with a five day expiration on the label. As a result, I will now need to go through this process twice.

i have been a long time advocate of Woot, but never will I use them again.

suneethas
2/21/16

I have cancelled my order in less then 15 mins of time I placed my order. It should be cancelled. Based on my experience, I have to pay money even, if I like the product or not? I never ever buy stuff on woot, and I will make sure people I know wont buy stuff from this website. They dont even have proper customer care phone number to talk.

tods9
2/20/16

Bought a pair of windshield wipers -- which, by the way, after shipping weren't so great a deal. The included adapters only fit a limited amount of vehicles (not mine), but despite no indication in the listing of what vehicles they would or wouldn't fit, they would not take them back. Total rip-off. Stay away.
UPDATE: After contacting both the Texas BBB and AmEx, I received a refund. Still, though, would never do business with them again, but am upgrading from 1 star to 2 since they did (under pressure) refund my money.

amyb95
2/13/16

I've purchased through Woot before and had ok experience. Unfortunately, I recently purchased a t-shirt that ended up being slightly too small. I emailed to see if I could exchange size and NO. WOOT DOES NOT ALLOW SIZE EXCHANGES! What poor business and customer service. I want to support artists, but Woot DOES NOT. I will never buy from WOOT again. My money will never support another designer because Woot DOES NOT support their DESIGNERS or their customer. Poor upcoming artists. Woot lied to you.

robertg170
2/13/16

Purchased a "New" Lenovo laptop only to find-out it's used! Had the prior owner's information stored on it. It also didn't work well because the speakers were shot and the screen frequently flickered on and off. Woot.com, via email, told me to take the issue to Lenovo rather than accept that they lied, sent a refurbished (and damaged) product, and will not take it back. I threatened to file a BBB complaint and now Woot.com states they will take back the laptop. Everyone having an issue with Woot.com should file a complaint. Woot.com will have to reconcile your issues with the BBB and ultimately you if you do file a complaint.

jamesy19
2/13/16

I purchased a Ninja 3 n 1 cooker and it was sent without items listed. Woot said I could return it or they would give me a $20.00 credit. I took the credit, but when I tried to use the it six weeks later I was told sorry it was only good for 30 days. This was not stated in the offer they sent me. They are not to be trusted.

mm196
2/12/16

Woot made a mistake on the shipping and the product was returned without even contacting me. I can't get ahold of them as they don't even have a working phone number and I need a refund because I am fed up with their lousy customer service

chrisj102
2/10/16

I purchased and elliptical. Put it together to find it was made for people with two right legs. If you have a left leg you will not be able to use this machine (the left arm had the roller welded on upside down, no fixing that). How did Woot! reply to my email requesting they replace the item? " Sorry that your item is not working properly "... they then suggested I contact the company and see if it is covered under warranty. Be sure you read their return policy. It is the worst ever. Basically you buy whatever they plan to stick in the box. Are you a company with alot of crap to unload? Give Woot! a call!

Tip for consumers: If i could give Woot! negative scores I would do this.

cw64
2/4/16

BUYER BEWARE! I have made many attempts to let Woot get their sh*t together, but they fail on multiple accounts! Here are some of my multiple attempts purchasing through them:

1) Bought a "refurbished" Dell laptop. Didn't work correctly out of the box. Was referred to Dell for support, and Dell could not even determine that my laptop actually existed, much less was covered by the Woot service policy. After hours of calls and multiple emails, woot FINALLY agreed to take it back and give me a full refund.

2) Bought some "pleather" furniture covers. WHAT A JOKE! Slipped RIGHT off the couches they were designed for, and they were the cheapest looking things you ever saw! Returned them as defective

3) Bought six wiper blades, all of which were in stock when ordered. Woot sent confirmation that they shipped six, but the box they sent only contained four. Contacted woot, they refunded me for the missing two, with no apology or acknowledgment that they had goofed up. As a result, I have four wiper blades, which will clean HALF my windshield, and they refuse to take the others back. Nice.

4) In the SAME ORDER as #3, I received an electric smoker that looked liked it had been dropped from a plane! The control panel was broken, there was a huge dent on the front, and parts of the product were physically ripped off the unit. Woot said I could return for a full refund, or they would give me a paltry 10% price reduction if I chose to keep it. Of course, they couldnt send me another one since they were out of them.

Bottom line, if you want something that is worse than you expect, or if you want SOME of the things you ordered, then, by all means, order away with Woot! They probably will still fall short of your expectations! As for this "multiple burn" customer, no more of my money will be going to Carrollton, TX anytime soon!

nicw4
1/25/16

I've only made one purchase from Woot, the product was defective....they refer you to the manufacturer.....you get the run-around on the warranty....if you email Woot...they are no help & their replies don't even make sense or answer the question you asked. I will never buy there again!!

117 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Woot staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5/19/16
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
3/15/16
Answer
christinad25
A: (972)20417-3959. Woot phone number from the Better Business Bureau.
Did you get a receipt from the shipper? If so contact them to find out where your return is. If Woot has it and doesn't refund then fill out a BBB complaint.
3/25/16