Review of Woot

4121 International Parkway
Carrollton, TX 75007

lisaa192
9/11/17

*** Today we received a refurbished Cusinart CMW-200 FR Microwave from Amazon supplied by WOOT. The packaging was in perfect condition. The microwave was SMASHED in on the right side and the door wouldn't open. What kind of company would send out an appliance in that condition? We are so disappointed. It feels unfair and like a total waste of everyone's time. :(

jenniferc290
8/8/17

Bought a refurbished iPad for my son. It worked for 7 days. I am still waiting to hear from woot but looking at previous reviews I doubt they will back their word.

aaronj38
8/7/17

Buyers beware. Www.woot.com is selling refurbished products on their site and advertising that they come with an extended warranty. The only problem, is that woot is unwilling or unable to document those warranties as required by federal law. Turns out the warranties are fictitious. Do not trust them to exist without documentation being provided before the sale.

heidih49
7/28/17

I contacted Woot in March 2017 about a Black & Decker Flex Vacuum purchased through them that was missing one of the wheels for the floor head brush. They couldn't replace the part but said I could have a $10.00 refund. I asked for the refund - twice! - and never heard from Woot either of the times. I will not order through Woot again as I don't relish getting defective items that aren't rectified in some way.

lindaa125
6/27/17

I ordered a few items and after processing the order and charging me, they cancelled the order because the item(s) were unavailable. They never told me which item(s) were unavailable and made no effort to make it right.

thomash175
6/8/17

Bought a samsung s7 from Woot for my son who is away at college. Has not worked fully since purchase. He was just told by 2 different carrier stores the best thing to do is buy a new phone. This one is junk.

feliper19
5/13/17

I have been purchasing all kinds of goods from Woot. Everything from Clothes to electronics to household items and I've never been disappointed with that website. I had to return a couple items but I get a fast reply when asking about my returns. I would recommend it to all my family and friends.

marieg54
4/21/17

Three weeks ago I ordered three comforters for $17.99 each. Only one was delivered. No notice that two were unavailable. No refund. I had to call. Got a refund for two. When I filled out the survey at the end, the first question and the third were about the company. The second question, the customer service representative. I gave the company a four star for the first and third question and a five star for the service representative. When I hit, "Submit," it changed the five star (for the CSR to =three= stars. Yesterday I received an email that said my three comforters were delivered. Nothing ever came. I called this a.m. Young man said I hadn't been charged (and I called my credit card co. and I hadn't). I answered the survey with two three stars for the company and a five star for the rep. Again what I put in was downgraded for the representative! Both CSRs did the best they could and the company downgrades my rating of them? No! I get the feeling this is NOT a good place to order from and won't be doing so again.

darint6
4/11/17

Woot will lie to you and hold your money till you figure it out!!!!!!!!!!!
I purchased a desktop computer on their site and was excited about the prospect of getting what I thought was a good deal! For some reason the shipping date for me to receive the computer was 2 1/2 weeks but that is ok I am patient.
So the projected day of delivery comes and I decide to check on the status of the shipment, FedEx tracking number says it was delivered a week ago to another city, no where close to me! What the %@&*#???
I email them to see if they gave me the wrong tracking number and they tell me it now is just a lost item and all they can do is give me my money back.
I check into it further with FedEx and the parcel is the wrong weight, sent to another city and someone signed for it... basically Woot LIED... a shipping label was printed for my address but never handed over to FedEx. Woot gave me someone elses tracking number to watch. So 2 weeks went by while Woot held my money in their account, all the while knowing they were not shipping my computer!
I tried conversing with them about a way to properly apologize for their fraudulent practices... "here's a lil coupon that expires in 30 days" was their reply.
Ummm... no b*#@h where's my computer!
Do not trust Woot, and if you decide to, watch them each day with your order, check every detail.

alexn63
3/20/17

I ordered a refurbished laptop to use for my brand new business paid for it got a confirmation delivery date I go about my way busy as hell trying to establish my business. My first job scheduled it a few days after the anticipated delivery date just to give them margin of error lo and behold I checked the order online few days before the expected delivery date and it just simply says cancelled not a damn word or a email from them except to buy more $#*! now my first kid my first paying job my first business ever I have to call this morning and let them know my laptop didn't come in because there's no way I'll be able to get one that quickly that'll do the job that I mean thanks so much will deleting the app and since I don't have a job to do I've got nothing but time the post about a hundred different negative ads about your crappy business practice

karens300
3/16/17

I've made many purchases through woot.com and never had a problem. I generally buy their t-shirts from the derby. The sizing is pretty accurate and now they offer two different manufacturers of shirts so you can pick the one you want. The American Apparel tends to run a little smaller than the Standard. I have noticed, the Standard tends to draw up ever so slightly after washing, so I am more mindful of that when ordering now.

juanv28
1/20/17

Excelent deals, the only bad thingk i can see is the delivery time. But for that price i can waite a little more than my amazon prime :)

I buy a pc and was delivery in perfect conditions

denniss134
1/19/17

Placed order, confirmed, Woot charged my card, THEN cancelled order because item was "oversold!" So, tech company doesn't know how many items they have to sell when their entire site is about one day offers with "only a few.left" tags. AND, charge your card before order ships???? Followed by no answer to Customer Service calls!! Deleted the Woot app.

nicolea50
1/13/17

I just found out that the order I placed on December 14, to be delivered December 21 first, with expedited shipping for Christmas was CANCELLED!!! I never received an email letting me know this was the case. I gave presents as Christmas that said "sorry this is lame, you've got a really cool thing coming, but the shipping was delayed' Now, the really cool things aren't coming. NO ONE EVER TOLD ME!!! NO EMAIL! NO PHONE CALL! NO REFUND!!! ABSOLUTELY NO COMMUNICATION!!!

I called two days after it didn't arrive and was told that there was a back order due to the holiday, but that my order would be shipped as soon as the back order was resolved. If this was the case, why was the website not updated to reflect the fact that rush orders could not be accommodated? Why was it not updated to state that the items I ordered were no longer available. There's an entire section for that!!!! Three weeks later, I finally got fed up and called again, only to be told the entire order had been cancelled, that two of my items probably weren't even AVAILABLE anymore, and that oh, oops, we'll have your refund for you in two to five business days.

IF I HAD NEVER CALLED I NEVER WOULD HAVE KNOWN ANYTHING AND NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REFUND EITHER!!!!

I AM SO FAR BEYOND ANGRY AT THIS POINT THAT DESPITE NOT BEING ABLE TO GET MANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS ANYWHERE ELSE I WILL LIKELY NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SITE AGAIN. THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.

kylej34
1/3/17

I ordered a pair of ugg #8, They send my receipt snd it was #8 on it but THEY SEND WRONG SIZE #7
THEY DIDN'T CHANGE IT. IT WAS GIFT AND MY DOUGHTER IS CRYING!!!

guys21
12/20/16

After reading all the bad reviews in regards to returns I was a bit skeptical of the return process. I remembered that there was a little blurb about holiday purchases of wearable items on the item page. I sent them a note and within two hours Woot responded with return verification and prepaid UPS labels. That's pretty darn sweet service. If you need to do this, go to your Woot account , click on "Stuff You Bought", login again, then scroll to the item you need to return where there will be a "I Need Help" link. Just fill out the reason for return and send them a note. Disclaimer: I do not know at this time if they will be charging a re-stocking fee (which would be ironic, because I'm returning stockings) and will update this review to reflect any changes should they come.

UPDATE - no restocking fee. Returns went off without a hitch.

nealk15
11/11/16

I ordered something that was pretty expensive but is the wrong size. I cannot use it.
It turns out nothing you order can be returned. At no time during the ordering process was
this made clear. Since Amazon was associated with this site I trusted it. Big Mistake.

feliper18
11/3/16

I have been buying stuff from Woot and every item that I have purchased has been great deals. I will continue buying merchandise from this site.

Tip for consumers: If you're not satisfied with what you purchase, just give them a chance to make it right. For example. I bought a carpet cleaner and I keep it inside the box for about 3 or 6 Months, and when it came time to use it, it was broken. So I contacted Woot thinking they would give me the run around because I took so long on returning the cleaner but they took back my returned and I got my money back.

craigb64
10/11/16

Cant even login...so how can they expect customers? Doesn't recognized my login that I've had for many years....at amazon. The frustration caused me to throw in the towel... FAGETABOUTIT....

jonathane34
10/10/16

I tried to get some t-shirts exchanged for a size that fits better and they refused to do so. Even though they still had all the tees I had bought available, according to their own website.

kerris7
8/24/16

I really like this site - they would get 5 stars, except that they do sell out of their good deals. Makes sense, but I'm upset when I miss out. lol

I check their site first thing in the morning to see what the deal of the day is....and then check it with amazon or someplace else - just to see if it's a good deal or not. Sometimes yes - sometimes no. What I have ordered - I'm very happy with and they are quick to ship out. Overall... woo hoo for Woot!

eeede
8/16/16

Sent me a much cheaper laptop than the one I ordered. I asked them to send the one I ordered, they said they didn't have it and then sent me a label so that I could return the one they sent me, and when they get it back they'll start the refund process.

If you like the idea of getting what you ordered, I wouldn't bother with them.

chriso50
8/15/16

I have a pile of useless woot junk. I have windshield wipers that are so dry rotted that the rubber had crumbled off the frame and was laying in the bottom of the blister packaging they arrived in. I have a gps that was unusable since the day I received it because some licensing agreement dispute that they mentioned nothing about. I have a Bluetooth speaker that wouldn't hold a charge for more than 5 minutes. I have a dress shirt that is marked "Large", but is clearly a small. They won't take any returns. This site has gone to trash. Some states would file criminal on woot for doing business this way.

xiangl
7/29/16

I bought a "Refurbished" and "Microsoft certified" Dell workstation from Woot. In my whole life I have bought a lot of refurbished desktop/laptop/cellphone for myself/family/or just for resale. This is the worst! It is a totally used/broken crap. It looks even older than my old desktop which has been used for more than 2 years. The fan sounds crazily noisy! It cannot restart by itself, which makes it no better than a brick cause when you try to upgrade the system it has to restart several times to finish the job, but it can't!!!
For such a crap when you try to return it you have to pay 15% restock fee and shipping and it already caused me 2 weeks night time. #@%*^*$%@!$&(#^@!&*(
Stay away from such a crap!

I paid this $#*! through Amazon Payment using my Amazon account. This is why I fall into this trap -- I give too much trust to Amazon! This $#*! company actually belongs to Amazon! Can you imagine that??? One would expect at least it should "try" to act like Amazon, right? It acts totally the other way-- it is Amazon's flushing toilet!

bobj113
7/17/16

In a recent post, Woot admitted to selling crap. It sounded like they were proud of it. In other words, lets stick it to our customers.
I strongly urge you to stay away from this web site and do not purchase a thing from them.

117 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Not until you buy something ... then you're screwed!

By Vince A. on 10/27/15
Helpful answer

Only can contact through email. If you are looking to be tortured in return process it is comparable to waterboarding

By Richard M. on 7/31/16
Helpful answer

They used to be good. But quite Woot after they were slow to respond and then basically told me to get lost. Said to call the manufacturer as they made the faulty item!

By Chet B. on 5/19/16
Helpful answer

Woot is a terrible company. I strongly suggest you order elsewhere..

By kyle b. on 1/25/16
Helpful answer

You' PAY alright! Return shipping fees and restocking fees. Save yourself the headache of a company with no customer service. They have the Monkey mascot for a reason.

By Vince A. on 10/27/15
Helpful answer

(972)20417-3959. Woot phone number from the Better Business Bureau. Did you get a receipt from the shipper? If so contact them to find out where your return is. If Woot has it and doesn't refund then fill out a BBB complaint.

By Christina D. on 3/15/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Woot staff and other customers.

Woot?