Review of Woot

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

alexn63
3/20/17

I ordered a refurbished laptop to use for my brand new business paid for it got a confirmation delivery date I go about my way busy as hell trying to establish my business. My first job scheduled it a few days after the anticipated delivery date just to give them margin of error lo and behold I checked the order online few days before the expected delivery date and it just simply says cancelled not a damn word or a email from them except to buy more $#*! now my first kid my first paying job my first business ever I have to call this morning and let them know my laptop didn't come in because there's no way I'll be able to get one that quickly that'll do the job that I mean thanks so much will deleting the app and since I don't have a job to do I've got nothing but time the post about a hundred different negative ads about your crappy business practice

karens300
3/16/17

I've made many purchases through woot.com and never had a problem. I generally buy their t-shirts from the derby. The sizing is pretty accurate and now they offer two different manufacturers of shirts so you can pick the one you want. The American Apparel tends to run a little smaller than the Standard. I have noticed, the Standard tends to draw up ever so slightly after washing, so I am more mindful of that when ordering now.

juanv28
1/20/17

Excelent deals, the only bad thingk i can see is the delivery time. But for that price i can waite a little more than my amazon prime :)

I buy a pc and was delivery in perfect conditions

denniss134
1/19/17

Placed order, confirmed, Woot charged my card, THEN cancelled order because item was "oversold!" So, tech company doesn't know how many items they have to sell when their entire site is about one day offers with "only a few.left" tags. AND, charge your card before order ships???? Followed by no answer to Customer Service calls!! Deleted the Woot app.

nicolea50
1/13/17

I just found out that the order I placed on December 14, to be delivered December 21 first, with expedited shipping for Christmas was CANCELLED!!! I never received an email letting me know this was the case. I gave presents as Christmas that said "sorry this is lame, you've got a really cool thing coming, but the shipping was delayed' Now, the really cool things aren't coming. NO ONE EVER TOLD ME!!! NO EMAIL! NO PHONE CALL! NO REFUND!!! ABSOLUTELY NO COMMUNICATION!!!

I called two days after it didn't arrive and was told that there was a back order due to the holiday, but that my order would be shipped as soon as the back order was resolved. If this was the case, why was the website not updated to reflect the fact that rush orders could not be accommodated? Why was it not updated to state that the items I ordered were no longer available. There's an entire section for that!!!! Three weeks later, I finally got fed up and called again, only to be told the entire order had been cancelled, that two of my items probably weren't even AVAILABLE anymore, and that oh, oops, we'll have your refund for you in two to five business days.

IF I HAD NEVER CALLED I NEVER WOULD HAVE KNOWN ANYTHING AND NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REFUND EITHER!!!!

I AM SO FAR BEYOND ANGRY AT THIS POINT THAT DESPITE NOT BEING ABLE TO GET MANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS ANYWHERE ELSE I WILL LIKELY NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SITE AGAIN. THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.

kylej34
1/3/17

I ordered a pair of ugg #8, They send my receipt snd it was #8 on it but THEY SEND WRONG SIZE #7
THEY DIDN'T CHANGE IT. IT WAS GIFT AND MY DOUGHTER IS CRYING!!!

guys21
12/20/16

After reading all the bad reviews in regards to returns I was a bit skeptical of the return process. I remembered that there was a little blurb about holiday purchases of wearable items on the item page. I sent them a note and within two hours Woot responded with return verification and prepaid UPS labels. That's pretty darn sweet service. If you need to do this, go to your Woot account , click on "Stuff You Bought", login again, then scroll to the item you need to return where there will be a "I Need Help" link. Just fill out the reason for return and send them a note. Disclaimer: I do not know at this time if they will be charging a re-stocking fee (which would be ironic, because I'm returning stockings) and will update this review to reflect any changes should they come.

UPDATE - no restocking fee. Returns went off without a hitch.

nealk15
11/11/16

I ordered something that was pretty expensive but is the wrong size. I cannot use it.
It turns out nothing you order can be returned. At no time during the ordering process was
this made clear. Since Amazon was associated with this site I trusted it. Big Mistake.

feliper18
11/3/16

I have been buying stuff from Woot and every item that I have purchased has been great deals. I will continue buying merchandise from this site.

Tip for consumers: If you're not satisfied with what you purchase, just give them a chance to make it right. For example. I bought a carpet cleaner and I keep it inside the box for about 3 or 6 Months, and when it came time to use it, it was broken. So I contacted Woot thinking they would give me the run around because I took so long on returning the cleaner but they took back my returned and I got my money back.

craigb64
10/11/16

Cant even login...so how can they expect customers? Doesn't recognized my login that I've had for many years....at amazon. The frustration caused me to throw in the towel... FAGETABOUTIT....

jonathane34
10/10/16

I tried to get some t-shirts exchanged for a size that fits better and they refused to do so. Even though they still had all the tees I had bought available, according to their own website.

kerris7
8/24/16

I really like this site - they would get 5 stars, except that they do sell out of their good deals. Makes sense, but I'm upset when I miss out. lol

I check their site first thing in the morning to see what the deal of the day is....and then check it with amazon or someplace else - just to see if it's a good deal or not. Sometimes yes - sometimes no. What I have ordered - I'm very happy with and they are quick to ship out. Overall... woo hoo for Woot!

eeede
8/16/16

Sent me a much cheaper laptop than the one I ordered. I asked them to send the one I ordered, they said they didn't have it and then sent me a label so that I could return the one they sent me, and when they get it back they'll start the refund process.

If you like the idea of getting what you ordered, I wouldn't bother with them.

chriso50
8/15/16

I have a pile of useless woot junk. I have windshield wipers that are so dry rotted that the rubber had crumbled off the frame and was laying in the bottom of the blister packaging they arrived in. I have a gps that was unusable since the day I received it because some licensing agreement dispute that they mentioned nothing about. I have a Bluetooth speaker that wouldn't hold a charge for more than 5 minutes. I have a dress shirt that is marked "Large", but is clearly a small. They won't take any returns. This site has gone to trash. Some states would file criminal on woot for doing business this way.

xiangl
7/29/16

I bought a "Refurbished" and "Microsoft certified" Dell workstation from Woot. In my whole life I have bought a lot of refurbished desktop/laptop/cellphone for myself/family/or just for resale. This is the worst! It is a totally used/broken crap. It looks even older than my old desktop which has been used for more than 2 years. The fan sounds crazily noisy! It cannot restart by itself, which makes it no better than a brick cause when you try to upgrade the system it has to restart several times to finish the job, but it can't!!!
For such a crap when you try to return it you have to pay 15% restock fee and shipping and it already caused me 2 weeks night time. #@%*^*$%@!$&(#^@!&*(
Stay away from such a crap!

I paid this $#*! through Amazon Payment using my Amazon account. This is why I fall into this trap -- I give too much trust to Amazon! This $#*! company actually belongs to Amazon! Can you imagine that??? One would expect at least it should "try" to act like Amazon, right? It acts totally the other way-- it is Amazon's flushing toilet!

bobj113
7/17/16

In a recent post, Woot admitted to selling crap. It sounded like they were proud of it. In other words, lets stick it to our customers.
I strongly urge you to stay away from this web site and do not purchase a thing from them.

pamb46
6/28/16

I used to order regularly from Woot. Got some great stuff from docking stations to pearls to whatever. However, the charm is gone. Woot sells junk now and doesn't have a conscience about it. For example, I ordered a set of sheets for $90.00. When I washed them once, they shrunk so that they no longer fit on the mattress or the pillows. I appealed to Woot. After all, I had been doing business with them for years, and this was pretty darn bad. But, nope, can't do a thing. Against policy. Doesn't matter if it's egregious. Doesn't matter if it's not ethical to sell sheets from China that can't be washed. After a string of 6 or so emails, I gave up. And I gave up on Woot. There is no heart or ethics in it now. Is this the effect of the Amazon buy out?

cp80
6/17/16

I will NEVER do business with this company again. Worst customer service ever. I canceled my order the day after I placed it--three times--and they shipped it anyway. You cannot reach a real person there.

couttt
5/16/16

Products cannot be returned. I purchased from woot twice and have not been satisfied and I will never purchase from them again.

johnn900
5/10/16

great site to order from great customer satisfaction and returns...fun to deal with and great stuff

marym327
5/6/16

Have had a few positive experiences. The latest purchase was terrible and convinced me to not use this site, after being a regular customer for many years. Received an order with a popular name brand, several items HAD NO TAGS. Used items? These were to be given as gits and are now useless. One item was clearly a child's size, and I only ordered adult items (the only option actually). Tried to resolve. Response was "no returns". Crap shoot. Not my thing anymore.

clarenceq
4/30/16

I ordered an HP Pavilion laptop and realized the next day that, to my horror, I had clicked my old employer's address. I immediately emailed woot support. Hours later they emailed back that it was too late, it was shipping and they couldn't stop it. They told me in the email to contact my old employer and have them refuse. I checked the order status and it was still "pending/not shipped". I guess Woot's customer service folks don't know how to talk to their warehouse folks. Anyway, I did contact ex-employer and they refused the package. However the FedEx tracker still shows "Delivered". I had the receptionist at the old employer email me what happened and she confirmed it was returned. I've given the details to both FedEx and Woot, copied woot on my contact with both ex-employer and FedEx. The point is this: I did everything I could once I realized my mistake, to get the order re-routed to my home or new job...Woot by all appearances did not even try to intercept the package which was clearly not shipped until the next day! And then they are doing everything they can to not acknowledge the cascading $#*! that snowballed after their first "no".

kyleb65
4/13/16

I ordered an HP Envy laptop as a refurbished model. Checked out and possibly misspelled my email. Anyway, laptop showed up as expected and the keyboard doesn't work. Can't contact woot by telephone and they are absolutely no help through email. They absolutely refuse to help me. Worthless return policy. I get ahold of HP directly and trouble shoot the laptop for 3 days straight. It's finally determined that the keyboard is bad. Wouldn't be a problem but Woot, Inc. never sent HP a purchase update like they are required to do so now my Laptop is out of warranty 3 days after it arrived. I warn you, NEVER deal with this company. My next option is to do a credit card chargeback.

jesses36
3/20/16

I had ordered 2 invicta watches off of their website and upon opening the packages i found 1 empty invicta box and 1 watch that wasnt what i had ordered. Both receipts had invicta watch numbers that looked nothing like the watches that where displayed or described on their website.

Tip for consumers: Be sure to keep screen shot records of the items you purchase to prove the description and image of what you order.

haroldv3
3/11/16

When I saw refurbished I though open box and returns. Instead the computer I received had a manufacture date from 2011. When I used a program that could access the hard drive, it found the hard drive had been on for 890 days So far works fine, but I would not knowingly buy something so old

117 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Woot staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question