US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

denniss134
1/19/17

Placed order, confirmed, Woot charged my card, THEN cancelled order because item was "oversold!" So, tech company doesn't know how many items they have to sell when their entire site is about one day offers with "only a few.left" tags. AND, charge your card before order ships???? Followed by no answer to Customer Service calls!! Deleted the Woot app.

nicolea50
1/13/17

I just found out that the order I placed on December 14, to be delivered December 21 first, with expedited shipping for Christmas was CANCELLED!!! I never received an email letting me know this was the case. I gave presents as Christmas that said "sorry this is lame, you've got a really cool thing coming, but the shipping was delayed' Now, the really cool things aren't coming. NO ONE EVER TOLD ME!!! NO EMAIL! NO PHONE CALL! NO REFUND!!! ABSOLUTELY NO COMMUNICATION!!!

I called two days after it didn't arrive and was told that there was a back order due to the holiday, but that my order would be shipped as soon as the back order was resolved. If this was the case, why was the website not updated to reflect the fact that rush orders could not be accommodated? Why was it not updated to state that the items I ordered were no longer available. There's an entire section for that!!!! Three weeks later, I finally got fed up and called again, only to be told the entire order had been cancelled, that two of my items probably weren't even AVAILABLE anymore, and that oh, oops, we'll have your refund for you in two to five business days.

IF I HAD NEVER CALLED I NEVER WOULD HAVE KNOWN ANYTHING AND NEVER WOULD HAVE GOTTEN A REFUND EITHER!!!!

I AM SO FAR BEYOND ANGRY AT THIS POINT THAT DESPITE NOT BEING ABLE TO GET MANY OF YOUR PRODUCTS ANYWHERE ELSE I WILL LIKELY NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS SITE AGAIN. THIS WAS ABSOLUTELY UNACCEPTABLE.

kylej34
1/3/17

I ordered a pair of ugg #8, They send my receipt snd it was #8 on it but THEY SEND WRONG SIZE #7
THEY DIDN'T CHANGE IT. IT WAS GIFT AND MY DOUGHTER IS CRYING!!!

guys21
12/20/16

After reading all the bad reviews in regards to returns I was a bit skeptical of the return process. I remembered that there was a little blurb about holiday purchases of wearable items on the item page. I sent them a note and within two hours Woot responded with return verification and prepaid UPS labels. That's pretty darn sweet service. If you need to do this, go to your Woot account , click on "Stuff You Bought", login again, then scroll to the item you need to return where there will be a "I Need Help" link. Just fill out the reason for return and send them a note. Disclaimer: I do not know at this time if they will be charging a re-stocking fee (which would be ironic, because I'm returning stockings) and will update this review to reflect any changes should they come.

UPDATE - no restocking fee. Returns went off without a hitch.

nealk15
11/11/16

I ordered something that was pretty expensive but is the wrong size. I cannot use it.
It turns out nothing you order can be returned. At no time during the ordering process was
this made clear. Since Amazon was associated with this site I trusted it. Big Mistake.

feliper18
11/3/16

I have been buying stuff from Woot and every item that I have purchased has been great deals. I will continue buying merchandise from this site.

Tip for consumers: If you're not satisfied with what you purchase, just give them a chance to make it right. For example. I bought a carpet cleaner and I keep it inside the box for about 3 or 6 Months, and when it came time to use it, it was broken. So I contacted Woot thinking they would give me the run around because I took so long on returning the cleaner but they took back my returned and I got my money back.

craigb64
10/11/16

Cant even login...so how can they expect customers? Doesn't recognized my login that I've had for many years....at amazon. The frustration caused me to throw in the towel... FAGETABOUTIT....

jonathane34
10/10/16

I tried to get some t-shirts exchanged for a size that fits better and they refused to do so. Even though they still had all the tees I had bought available, according to their own website.

kerris7
8/24/16

I really like this site - they would get 5 stars, except that they do sell out of their good deals. Makes sense, but I'm upset when I miss out. lol

I check their site first thing in the morning to see what the deal of the day is....and then check it with amazon or someplace else - just to see if it's a good deal or not. Sometimes yes - sometimes no. What I have ordered - I'm very happy with and they are quick to ship out. Overall... woo hoo for Woot!

eeede
8/16/16

Sent me a much cheaper laptop than the one I ordered. I asked them to send the one I ordered, they said they didn't have it and then sent me a label so that I could return the one they sent me, and when they get it back they'll start the refund process.

If you like the idea of getting what you ordered, I wouldn't bother with them.

chriso50
8/15/16

I have a pile of useless woot junk. I have windshield wipers that are so dry rotted that the rubber had crumbled off the frame and was laying in the bottom of the blister packaging they arrived in. I have a gps that was unusable since the day I received it because some licensing agreement dispute that they mentioned nothing about. I have a Bluetooth speaker that wouldn't hold a charge for more than 5 minutes. I have a dress shirt that is marked "Large", but is clearly a small. They won't take any returns. This site has gone to trash. Some states would file criminal on woot for doing business this way.

xiangl
7/29/16

I bought a "Refurbished" and "Microsoft certified" Dell workstation from Woot. In my whole life I have bought a lot of refurbished desktop/laptop/cellphone for myself/family/or just for resale. This is the worst! It is a totally used/broken crap. It looks even older than my old desktop which has been used for more than 2 years. The fan sounds crazily noisy! It cannot restart by itself, which makes it no better than a brick cause when you try to upgrade the system it has to restart several times to finish the job, but it can't!!!
For such a crap when you try to return it you have to pay 15% restock fee and shipping and it already caused me 2 weeks night time. #@%*^*$%@!$&(#^@!&*(
Stay away from such a crap!

I paid this $#*! through Amazon Payment using my Amazon account. This is why I fall into this trap -- I give too much trust to Amazon! This $#*! company actually belongs to Amazon! Can you imagine that??? One would expect at least it should "try" to act like Amazon, right? It acts totally the other way-- it is Amazon's flushing toilet!

bobj113
7/17/16

In a recent post, Woot admitted to selling crap. It sounded like they were proud of it. In other words, lets stick it to our customers.
I strongly urge you to stay away from this web site and do not purchase a thing from them.

pamb46
6/28/16

I used to order regularly from Woot. Got some great stuff from docking stations to pearls to whatever. However, the charm is gone. Woot sells junk now and doesn't have a conscience about it. For example, I ordered a set of sheets for $90.00. When I washed them once, they shrunk so that they no longer fit on the mattress or the pillows. I appealed to Woot. After all, I had been doing business with them for years, and this was pretty darn bad. But, nope, can't do a thing. Against policy. Doesn't matter if it's egregious. Doesn't matter if it's not ethical to sell sheets from China that can't be washed. After a string of 6 or so emails, I gave up. And I gave up on Woot. There is no heart or ethics in it now. Is this the effect of the Amazon buy out?

cp80
6/17/16

I will NEVER do business with this company again. Worst customer service ever. I canceled my order the day after I placed it--three times--and they shipped it anyway. You cannot reach a real person there.

couttt
5/16/16

Products cannot be returned. I purchased from woot twice and have not been satisfied and I will never purchase from them again.

johnn900
5/10/16

great site to order from great customer satisfaction and returns...fun to deal with and great stuff

marym327
5/6/16

Have had a few positive experiences. The latest purchase was terrible and convinced me to not use this site, after being a regular customer for many years. Received an order with a popular name brand, several items HAD NO TAGS. Used items? These were to be given as gits and are now useless. One item was clearly a child's size, and I only ordered adult items (the only option actually). Tried to resolve. Response was "no returns". Crap shoot. Not my thing anymore.

clarenceq
4/30/16

I ordered an HP Pavilion laptop and realized the next day that, to my horror, I had clicked my old employer's address. I immediately emailed woot support. Hours later they emailed back that it was too late, it was shipping and they couldn't stop it. They told me in the email to contact my old employer and have them refuse. I checked the order status and it was still "pending/not shipped". I guess Woot's customer service folks don't know how to talk to their warehouse folks. Anyway, I did contact ex-employer and they refused the package. However the FedEx tracker still shows "Delivered". I had the receptionist at the old employer email me what happened and she confirmed it was returned. I've given the details to both FedEx and Woot, copied woot on my contact with both ex-employer and FedEx. The point is this: I did everything I could once I realized my mistake, to get the order re-routed to my home or new job...Woot by all appearances did not even try to intercept the package which was clearly not shipped until the next day! And then they are doing everything they can to not acknowledge the cascading $#*! that snowballed after their first "no".

kyleb65
4/13/16

I ordered an HP Envy laptop as a refurbished model. Checked out and possibly misspelled my email. Anyway, laptop showed up as expected and the keyboard doesn't work. Can't contact woot by telephone and they are absolutely no help through email. They absolutely refuse to help me. Worthless return policy. I get ahold of HP directly and trouble shoot the laptop for 3 days straight. It's finally determined that the keyboard is bad. Wouldn't be a problem but Woot, Inc. never sent HP a purchase update like they are required to do so now my Laptop is out of warranty 3 days after it arrived. I warn you, NEVER deal with this company. My next option is to do a credit card chargeback.

jesses36
3/20/16

I had ordered 2 invicta watches off of their website and upon opening the packages i found 1 empty invicta box and 1 watch that wasnt what i had ordered. Both receipts had invicta watch numbers that looked nothing like the watches that where displayed or described on their website.

Tip for consumers: Be sure to keep screen shot records of the items you purchase to prove the description and image of what you order.

haroldv3
3/11/16

When I saw refurbished I though open box and returns. Instead the computer I received had a manufacture date from 2011. When I used a program that could access the hard drive, it found the hard drive had been on for 890 days So far works fine, but I would not knowingly buy something so old

esk12
3/9/16

I ordered something on woot.com and tried to cancel it the same day in an hour. Apparently they dont cancel your orders if its after 15 minutes. And when you return they reduce the refund by 20% for restocking fee. I say its the worst website ever to purchase anything. DO NOT BUY Anything on this website.

darylm21
3/7/16

I recently placed a very simple order: 2 wireless charging docks for my sansung galaxy S6. Expecting delivery in a few weeks, I was very happy to get a package from Woot! in the mail three days later. I ripped apart the small bubble package they sent me, only to have that happiness disappear in an instant. They sent the wrong item.

Instead of receiving 2 wireless charging docks, they sent me a single Micro USB to HDMI converter cord. "Alright, I'll just talk to their customer service and have them send me the correct order" I thought to myself...

This is when their lack of communication and terrible service structure completely ruined my first experience with their company.

I sent them a polite "Hey, you guys sent me the wrong item" email, and got a response within 8 hours "Your refund has been processed and should reflect on your original payment method in the next couple of business days". "Alright, It's over at least" I thought to myself as I actually found the same item from china for 4.99 each instead of woot!'s 27.99 price.

A few hours later, their customer service sent me another email, saying "Hello,

I am sorry for the incorrect response sent you in the previous mail, we kindly request you to ignore it.

Upon checking your concern towards the item I am sorry to hear the item(s) you received is not as expected. Unfortunately we do not have any replacements available to send you. I have initiated an RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) to return your order and created a prepaid return label."

So I print out my label, package the cord I never ordered up in it's original packaging and am just about to head out to drop it in the mailbox when my phone beeps saying I have another new email... Low and behold, it is again from "Woot!"s confused customer service department.

"Hello,

We are very sorry to hear that! If you believe there is an error from our end, we request that you send us photos of the items. You should be able to attach them directly to a reply to this email. If you are unable to get them to attach, you can send them directly to us at support@woot.com. If you do it this way, please be sure to include the order number so we can easily find your information. Once we have that, we can investigate your options for you further. We apologize for the inconvenience."

So now... I need to tear off all the tape I just bundled onto the cut package to mail out, so that I can send them pictures of what I recieved... AFTER they already told me to print out a prepaid mailing label and mail the wrong item back to them... I am gritting my teeth at this point, as the complete lack of communication between their support staff is driving me bonkers... It should be obvious at this point why they have lost a lifetime customer at this point... I actually begin thinking this is all part of a scam they do to con people out of their money intentionally.

Nonetheless, I unpackage the cord, snap photos of it with the original receipt and email it to them as requested. And THEN re-package the cord and drop it in the mailbox.

A few hours later, I get another email reply which reads as follows:

"Hello,

I'm so sorry about the problem you had with your item. Unfortunately, we do not have any replacements to send you. We have two options: (1) We can issue a partial refund in the amount of $10.00(for both the items) and you keep the item, OR (2) We can issue an RMA with a prepaid return label and you can return it for a full refund. Please let us know how you would like to proceed.
"

Let me remind you, I paid $64 for these two wireless charging docks, and now they are trying to offer me a refund of 10 dollars to keep an item I don't even want. So naturally, I explain to them that I already mailed the package out, that their communication between customer service reps is horrendous and that I want ALL of my money back.

The rep replies back with :

"In order to return the item for full refund, please use the label and paste it on the item and return it back to us.

Your refund will be processed once we receive the item and should reflect on your original payment method in the next couple of business days. This time frame may vary from one financial institution to another.

I hope you understand our limitations."

"Alright, it's in the mail, I am all set for a full refund once they recieve the item" I think to myself... So I wait about a week and they eventually send me an email stating "Woot! has recieved your item"

Another few days goes by and I recieve another email... Stating that 27.99 has been refunded onto my account... I am FUMING at this point... Because even after telling 6-7 different customer service reps that I bought TWO chargers, and only recieved ONE item I never ordered... they only reimbursed me for ONE charger.

My email back to their customer service at this point is not very nice... I had to threaten to bring the company to court before they would actually refund my entire order. After serveral days, and several other emails from their customer service department which seems to have ZERO communication with its other members, I finally recieved my second refund... in two parts... Because yes, their customer service reps are that inept.

Even though this company is owned by Amazon, it does not have anywhere near the customer service of its parent company, and they will make life difficult on you any way they can.

Avoid at all costs.

Tip for consumers: Unless you are a masochist, don't use Woot! There are hundreds of better companies online to buy products for cheaper, with far better customer service.

larryu3
2/25/16

Recently made a purchase that was not as advertised. I emailed for a refund and they responded saying that, acc to their return policy, my item was not eligible for refund. After pressing the issue further and offering a valid argument, they obliged and refunded the price of the item and the shipping fee. I see a lot of negative reviews on here and I have to agree with some of the concerns. I feel the return policy is a bit too strict but it is clearly laid out. Perhaps my agreeable experience was due to my longevity as a customer but whatever the reason, they've kept me as a customer. Also, I paid with Amazon payments, so I don't know if that affected the outcome since I'm a regular Amazon customer, also.

117 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Woot staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question