Woot!

Woot!. has a consumer rating of 2.82 stars from 462 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Woot!. most frequently mention customer service, credit card and phone number problems. Woot!. ranks 9th among Daily Deals sites.

No positive highlights yet

• In this day and age, I am really surprised at customer service that bad.
  • Hello There was an illegal transaction happened on my credit card from wot.com.
How would you rate Woot!?

“My most recent order could not have gone better!”

Cary S.
11/11/20

I'm a longtime Woot shopper. I recently bought a Russell Hobs Coffee Maker. The price was awesome (and it is not refurbished), Somehow it go delivered in 2 days! I just love it, it's frigin beautiful. Yes, a beautiful coffee maker. Using the timer, it made me the coffee I'm drinking right now and I could not be happier! What a great experience, really exceptional. Happy birthday to me!

“Bate and Switch”

Karen E.
12/30/20

On December 1,2020, I purchased Sunjoy A601006600 Audrey 60-Quart Rolling Cooler Cart, Black for my granddaughter for Christmas when we opened the box today it wasn't what I ordered it is a blue canvas wagon which I don't believe is worth what I paid. I'm seriously upset over this I feel like I got ripped off after all this was a Christmas present and it was embarrassing! Was this a bate and switch item this is so wrong! They offered me $10.00 which to me it was a slap in the face.

customer service (91) credit card (20) phone number (15)
karene715
December 30th, 2020

Tip for consumers:
Don't trust that they will send you what you ordered!

Products used:
A canvas wagon that is not a cooler not anything like what was advertised and what I ordered.

markc1854
July 21st, 2020

Due to COVID (our office being closed), we were not able us use or test the refurbished computer we purchased from Woot. When we got back in the office, we tried to start it and literally nothing happened. I did not ask for a refund, just a comparable replacement. Most companies are understanding during this pandemic, I guess Woot doesn't care. I will be sure to share my feels about Woot whenever I get a chance.

kb588
September 21st, 2020

Ordered an iPhone received confirmation of the sale. Logged in acct to check status of order (shipping info), now order is showing denied. Woot says my bank would not authorize after multiple attempts. Bank says Woot never attempted to charge for the purchase. You can only email this company & it takes about 24 hrs to get a response back. Not impressed.

jirin4
April 25th, 2021
Verified purchase

I have ordered a couple of t-shirts back in December 2020. After 4 months and 3 complaints to support that I didn't receive it and that it wasn't even shipped, I have got a refund notification with an explanation, that they are not able to ship internationally. Never had problems with international shipping, also the support was assuring me every time that they'll send it immediately. They used a snowstorm as an excuse once. The realization that they can's ship internationally after 4 months is pretty sad. Because of that, I can't recommend them and also I don't plan any other orders at this company.

Tip for consumers:
Bad user experience, don't order anything.

t-shirts which never arrived :(

eustoliah1
April 5th, 2021

Recently bought adidas Women's Pulseboost HD Running Shoes from Woot store. Received it in 2 days, after trying it for the regular jogging, I felt like inner surface of the shoe material is not so good, as my foot started
Sweating in shorter time of usage. The flexibility of the shoes was perfect for jogging.

Adidas women's pulseboost HD Running shoes

rippedo36
February 19th, 2021
Verified purchase

I bought an iphone 7 which stopped working outside of the 30 days return window due to a known issue:

Apple will not honor the repair since the "refurbished" phone's original sale date is older than 4 years.
This makes their "long-lived" phone as useless as a cell phone as woot is as a service.
I will never use woot again, since it is obviously a scam to unload defective equipment.

Tip for consumers:
dont buy from woot. it's a scam. the equipment is defective.

apple iphone 7

carys78
November 11th, 2020

Tip for consumers:
Keep checking, some of their deals are really good. The price of this coffee maker, I don't know how they did it.

Products used:
Russell Hobbs Coffee Maker. I LOVE it, the price was great and it was delivered in 2 days!

laurab2111
January 22nd, 2021

We are a non-protfit agency that needs PPEs and I orderded 2 orders of 200 face shields from them. Received 1 box of 200 and 1 box of 10 damaged face shields. I have tried to contact them repeatedly about the order. They don't answer. They tell me they can't talk to me because they don't recognize my email address. It is all nonsense. In the meantime. They charged me for the 200 face shields. Very very unsatisfied.

Buy from someone else.

face shields

catherinem59
August 19th, 2020

I had no idea how to leave a review on an item that was completely useless. The website is completely confusing and when I contacted woot, I got a link to an even more nonsense, confusing, and dumb lay out. Like that was supposed to help me find out how to leave a review. I contacted them again and no response this time. I can't believe Amazon bought them.

amyb1377
April 13th, 2021
Verified purchase

The email says its been delivered but weve been here and nothing has come which is also backed up by our security cameras.

Dont use it.

Products used:
None it says delivered but nothing came

brittanyc319
June 4th, 2021
Verified purchase

Woot.com advertised a Razor scooter that accommodated a 13 year old, up to 220lbs. This is even the information received directly on the receipt for the purchase. I had no reason to doubt this information and I trusted Woot.com. However, when the product was unboxed( on video!), the instruction manual stated a weight limit of only 154lbs! Obviously, we were shocked. I went back into my email and looked at the receipt. Not only did Woot lie about the weight limit, they also falsely advertised this scooter as "new" condition. The scooter was clearly damaged on one particular part, as shown in photo. I reached out to Woot and let them know what had happened. They did not care, not one bit as NO resolution in any way, shape or form was ever offered to me. No replacement, no exchange, no credit, nothing at all. I would have been mortified if this falsely advertised product with it's chipped paint was sent directly to the recipient. They messed up the birthday present and they have no remorse. If this has happened to anyone else by Woot, it seems it's time for a lawyer to look at these product descriptions and hold Woot accountable.

Tip for consumers:
Don't use Woot! Just avoid it all together.

Products used:
None, because the product description was wrong. The weight limit was falsely advertised and money was lost.

phild500
September 3rd, 2020

I ordered a Ring stick up cam on August 24th. Woot confirmed the sale and gave me a delivery date. Based on this I ordered and received the Ring Solar panel from Amazon. The day after Woot's delivery date - 11 days after my purchase confirmation - they send me a notice the camera was never shipped. Now I have to repackage and ship the Ring Solar panel back to Amazon - which owns Woot!

samire4
August 3rd, 2020

Refund my money please u talk 860usd from my card.and am not bought any thing. Some one use my card illegall. His face profil not me.

johnl3631
March 5th, 2021

Do not buy from them. They are selling refurbish/return products where no warranty will be provided after 30 days. Manufactures and Amazon are no keen on help either as they only care on their own profit.

Tip for consumers:
skip it.. you are giving money to the rich and in risk of getting bad product. No warranty and customer support that keen on helping you

Products used:
earbud. gone bad after 30days return and replace policy by amazon. No keen on helping to replace and just throwing the issue to manufacture where manufacture throwing back the issue to amazon as they allowed no authrorized dealer to sell their product. No warranty will be provide either.

georgyk
June 11th, 2021
Verified purchase

I have ordered a JBL Charge 5 Bluetooth speaker (cost 146 USD), and actually received a JBL Flip 5 (cost 90 USD). Unfortunately enough, from Amazon I have ordered a 24 USD accessories (silicone cover for the speaker). That totals to 170 USD, not including shipping costs.
After 1 week of negotiations - everything they were able to offer me - a 50 USD refund, which is ridiculous.
I have also contacted Amazon customer support, and found out that woot is in no matter associated with Amazon. That is another lie from them (attached is the screenshot of the chat with Amazon rep).
I'm absolutely disappointed and would recommend to everybody never to buy from them.

Tip for consumers:
Do not buy from woot.com

karens300
March 16th, 2017

I've made many purchases through woot.com and never had a problem. I generally buy their t-shirts from the derby. The sizing is pretty accurate and now they offer two different manufacturers of shirts so you can pick the one you want. The American Apparel tends to run a little smaller than the Standard. I have noticed, the Standard tends to draw up ever so slightly after washing, so I am more mindful of that when ordering now.

christinem1527
May 23rd, 2021
Verified purchase

I purchased an iPhone XS from this company last week. As you can see from the product description screenshot attached, it was sold as "fully unlocked". It is supposed to work with any unlocked GSM phone. However, when I received it and put my Mint Mobile SIM card into it, it showed that the phone was locked. Screenshots are attached.

Woot said they could not ship out a replacement because the phone came from a third party seller, something that was not disclosed to me at the time of purchase. Woot claims that their phones are tested and guaranteed to work before being sold. I doubt this was tested at all, because it turned out that it is locked to a carrier in the UK (another screenshot). Woot did offer me a refund if I returned it, but I would have to do it at my own expense, plus take it to a UPS store or else pay more to have them pick it up at my house. I do not drive and currently do not have a reliable phone to use Uber or Lyft on. Also, even if I did send it back, it takes forever to see a refund. So I decided to keep it and have it unlocked myself, after running the IMEI through Mint Mobile to make sure my SIM would work on it. They said that it will work once I can get the phone unlocked.

I had to pay just to find out who it is locked to. Since it's locked to a carrier overseas, nobody local can unlock it, but this online company that is somewhere not in the U.S. says they can. All in all, I paid them $76. It was either that or return the phone to these crooks and be out both the money and the phone.

Woot offered me a partial refund of $50 to keep the phone. I want them to pay for the unlocking fee, and $50 won't quite cover it. I accepted the $50 and said I'd be reporting them to the BBB (which I already did). Not expecting to see the $50 any time soon, but at least this way I will have a working phone soon and won't be out the money and the phone.

So let this be a warning. Next time I will plan ahead and buy my next phone after this one direct from Apple. Not worth this hassle to have some bucks.

sovierb
July 28th, 2020

This is a very good store if you are in need of cheap computers. Do not let te fact that the computers are not new interfere with your choice. The one that I bought has been working perfectly for the last few months. I just wish that they had given me a better charging cable. It is not that fast at charging.

glennj10
October 19th, 2020

I have been an Amazon Prime member for many years. When I learned that Woot was an Amazon company, I decided to give them a try. Boy, was that a mistake! Amazon, as far as I'm concerned, has the best customer service in the world. Woot, on the other hand, definitely has the worst. If you can get a response from Woot, it is usually a canned response straight out of some manual. Otherwise, it's nonsensical gibberish that doesn't make any sense.

Besides the pathetic Customer Service, Woot must have the slowest shipping of any company doing mail order business on this planet.

I've ordered some supposedly Apple chargers for my iPads. I ordered them a week ago and finally got an estimated shipping date of three weeks from now. Four weeks to ship iPad chargers is ludicrous.

I can guarantee that I will never order anything from Woot again.

Also, I am going to contact Amazon and let them know that if they are going to have a subsidiary company that that company should be held to the same standards as the parent company.

Anyway, bottom line... don't buy anything from Woot!

dylanr45
June 10th, 2019

Ordered a $270 set of security cameras. Received a $5 dog vest! Woot then made me jump through hoops to send them the $5 dog vest back, meanwhile they have charged my credit card $270. No apologies, just business as usual for Woot. Still waiting for a refund but I will not be a bit surprised if they attempt to steal my money. Also another strike against Amazon for owning a SCAM company. STAY AWAY!

STAY AWAY

jeffk348
November 15th, 2019

Horrible. A company owned by Amazon. Purchased a HP Deskjet 2600 All in one printer from "Woot One Day SALE" for $39.99 plus shipping. After I ordered it I was looking at tracking my package and stumbled across the SAME printer at Amazon for $24 Free Shipping. Never Again!

micahs77
July 31st, 2021

Received my Just Black Pixel 3 128gb two days ago. The phone loaded, however the sound on this phone does not work. When I call my friend they only can hear a couple numbers spoken when counting to one hundred. When they speak with the volume all the way turned up, they sound as if they are talking two rooms away through closed doors. Under the listing "Hey, you there! These items are expected to have a moderate level of wear & tear including (but not limited to) scratches, dents, and dings. Outside of their physical appearance, they have been tested to be in full working condition. Batteries are tested to function at minimum 85% capacity."

This phone is definitely not tested or working as a phone, funny I thought a Google Pixel 3 was supposed to work as a phone? I guess due to risk COVID-19 being transmitted they laid off the Woot test monkeys and instead hired some frogs? The item delivery took over 10 days to be delivered so I guess they are now using guppies to deliver the items that appear to only be good enough to serve as over priced door stops! Next time I want a door stop or a phone my time and money would be better spent going to the city garbage dump to pick a couple tin cans and string which work better as a phone then this PHONE "WHICH IS TESTED TO BE IN FULLY WORKING ORDER" - NOT!

I am returning this phone for a refund which I was told will take another 12-15 business days to even hope to get the money back as per Woot SNAIL CUSTOMER service! Shipping takes 5 business days, processing take 5 business days and another 3 - 5 business days for the money to actually be returned to my credit card. This is my first and last business transaction with WOOT! WOOT definitely does not provide the same customer service that I have experienced with Amazon Prime. I have been the biggest fool to try think as a subsidiary of Amazon they would have any customer service. I theorize WOOT rips off your money parks it in some high interest account. So they actually make money off having our money in this account over the period of one month that is the time that will actually elapse between paying for the phone, receiving the phone, returning the phone and getting money back. WOOT does not make money off selling quality items at low prices with specialization in volume! WOOT seems to be the largest rip off racket ever. Stay Clear!

Tip for consumers:
Stay away from WOOT they seem to specialize in rips offs. as other people were sold phones with malfunctioning screens, batteries that were ~70% when they were supposed to be guaranteed tested at least 85%.

Refurbished Google Pixel 3

vasun
August 3rd, 2019

In these times, when online companies have to pay attention to their customer service, Woot is so bad that I use their customer service is the reason why Amazon is the only place to shop these days.

Woot sells awful products at great prices.
And you can further torture yourself by trying to get help from their customer service. I bought something from them. After exchanging a few emails with their customer service about the order, it dawned on me - these guys don't care. They got my money and it is not coming back, no matter what. So why waste more time on this. I cut my losses and learnt the hard way about this company.

bw88
April 19th, 2018

I bought my tshirt because I had to have it because of what picture it had on it. I'm so glad I was planning all along to cut out the pic and frame it because with my curves I wouldn't even be able to fit it over my head! XL Women in what country? It might even be too small for a small dog!. I do love the picture on it though. Thank you. Only really thin people could wear this though.

stephenk231
January 10th, 2019

I purchased a Video Projector on Monday. By Friday, the status on Woot.com still showed "preparing to ship." I contacted customer service, and they said they would ship the next day. On the following Monday, the status on Woot.com still showed "preparing to ship." I called, then emailed, and received the run-around treatment, and gave me a list of possible measures that "they" would take. All the while, they have my money. Doesn't the vendor usually charge the customer upon shipment of the product? So, I called and emailed again. Each time, they delay 2 more days, for no reason provided. This is not rocket science! Just send the item for which I paid. I even asked to speak with a supervisor, but that did not happen. I do not want something they think is similar. I do not want a possible refund. I do not want to wait any longer. But, that is just what they continue to do. Now, it is the end of the following week, and they insist they are making every effort to "personally" take care of my issue. BEWARE! Avoid Woot.com, unless you want to be disappointed.

Not until you buy something... then you're screwed!

By Vince A.