Review of Woot

Carrollton, TX 75007, US
info@woot.com

debrab268
2/25/19

Ordered a refurbed HP 17.3 touchscreen notebook back in November for my daughter. When received, set it aside waiting for her visit. She's here now & when we started setting it up I realized I was sent a 15.6 notebook with no touchscreen! When I called, customer service rep snottily asked why I waited so long to call & there was nothing he could do now. I just wanted some type of credit. Finally he said to send it back & I could get a full refund. Which I guess would be ok, except she's leaving in a couple of days & I don't have time for this. I guess I'll just eat the mistake. I should have opened & inspected right away - my fault. But their customer service was snotty & I will never buy from them again! A $35-$50 dollar credit was all I was looking for!

sheril53
2/15/19

A bunch of Tardo's that can't figure out how to put the right color and style item in a package and mail it to the paying customer that spent over $200 for 1 item. Such as a refurbished phone 3 yrs old. I got the wrong 1 after realizing it was the regular pixel not the XL keeping the color factor aside not being a huge deal since it was still 128gb but I kept saying it doesnt have the xl features now I know why.... it wasnt the xl. So after paying to active the phonewoot offers me $40 off the price of a phone I dont want and a meager $10 off my next purchase! Suck it WOOT!!! I wont ever buy from u again and now I know the slob kabob bozos owns woot I will not be a Amazon customer either! Eff u both!

stephenk231
1/10/19

I purchased a Video Projector on Monday. By Friday, the status on Woot.com still showed "preparing to ship." I contacted customer service, and they said they would ship the next day. On the following Monday, the status on Woot.com still showed "preparing to ship." I called, then emailed, and received the run-around treatment, and gave me a list of possible measures that "they" would take. All the while, they have my money. Doesn't the vendor usually charge the customer upon shipment of the product? So, I called and emailed again. Each time, they delay 2 more days, for no reason provided. This is not rocket science! Just send the item for which I paid. I even asked to speak with a supervisor, but that did not happen. I do not want something they think is similar. I do not want a possible refund. I do not want to wait any longer. But, that is just what they continue to do. Now, it is the end of the following week, and they insist they are making every effort to "personally" take care of my issue. BEWARE! Avoid Woot.com, unless you want to be disappointed.

judyl211
12/14/18

Terrible site.Not the best deals at all.Its a cheap knock-off of amazon.I will stay away from them as I swear they are nothing but scammers.

alexandrv6
12/13/18

I bought an Apple Macbook 12" 8gb RAM 256Gb with Retina display. But received an old Macbook Air 2015 4 Gb RAM, without Retina. After I sent a message they wrote me that they don't have the same product to change with (actually they had I checked by myself; absolutely the same even every cent). By the way I paid for 2-days shiping. They don't give any garantee that they return me my money. They just stolen my mone, by the way I bought it on my birthday before Christmas and new year! I do hate Woot.com. By the way I don't recomend to buy anytging on Woot.com to anyone.

alphonsat
12/1/18

Hello There was an illegal transaction happened on my credit card from wot.com. My card was hacked and money was withdrawn online. I never purchased.

tomt133
7/6/18

I started using Woot this year because the prices seem good. It was a mistake so I am going to stop using them. Better stick to EBay. Often they sent lesser items than what I paid for, or defective items, and when I complained with proofs, they undercompensated with a pitiful amount.
1. They sent lesser items that what I ordered, not once but 3 times. After showing proofs, they compensated me a lot less than what the replacements cost even at lowest market prices. E.g. I ordered new 1x Breeze with controller and 3 batteries bundle; 2x Yuneec Breeze with controller and 2 batteries bundle. All I received are 1xBreeze with controller and 2x Breeze. Missing 3 batteries and 2 controllers in total! Photos and Woot's own shipping labels clearly show their package shipping weight are for basic Breeze and too underweight for bundles. Woot insisted paying only $50 refund for these 5 missing items which would cost me 3 times that much paying the lowest prices on EBay. This is not the first time it happened either. Twice before Woot shipped a lesser product than what I paid and undercompensated me, even after I provided clear proofs.

adamh54
5/29/18

I hate look at the deals on this site everyday. Have had nothing but great experiences in my dealings with Woot.

jenw59
5/24/18

I ordered an item on Woot.com. Half of the order was delivered. I called to ask if I would be receiving the rest of the order and the customer service person couldn't tell me because he couldn't get in touch with the vendor. Because the items were time sensitive, I asked to have the order refunded and the items that were shipped to be picked back up. UPS picked up the items. In another week, I received the second half of the order that was supposed to be cancelled. I called back to Woot to ask for this shipment to be picked back up by UPS and it was. I just received a bill in the mail from UPS charging me for the shipping. I called and they said that Woot should give me an account number to charge the shipping to. I called Woot to explain this and they said that since I didn't use a shipping label that they supposedly sent to me, I would have to pay for the shipping charges. I never received the shipping label and should never have received the second order. Additionally, I should have received the order in its entirety in the first place. Finally, I shouldn't have to pay for returning the item that was not sent in its entirety and one part that shouldn't been sent since the order was cancelled.

titob2
5/7/18

This is outrageous. It's my first and last time ordering from Woot. The Viewsonic monitor was on sale for an irresistible price, even for a refurbished model, so I ordered one and almost ordered two. I wasn't happy that I was going to have to wait two weeks for delivery, but for the price, I was willing to wait even though I needed ti sooner.

I ordered it on April 21 and Woot charged my credit card on April 22. However on April 24, Woot CANCELLED the order and refunded my credit card, but NEVER TOLD me. I've searched my email. There were lots of advertisements, but nothing about canceling the order.

It was scheduled to arrive today, May 7. When I checked my Woot order page, it showed it being delivered today and that it was "Preparing for Shipment". There's nothing to indicate it was canceled nearly two weeks ago. It wasn't until I went to the Order Details page and scrolled to the bottom that I saw that the purchase price had been refunded. There was nothing about the order being canceled. I had to phone Woot to learn that. The customer service guy acted like it was routine. I wonder how many people this happens to?

To add to the insult, Wood took money out of my charge account and held it for two days. It wasn't a big problem for me, but for someone who doesn't pay off their credit card balance every month, it would result in additional interest charges. This is outrageous. I'm wondering now whether this is one way Woot makes money, by selling more items than they have, holding purchasers' money for a few days, and then canceling orders on the excess orders?

I've attached a screenshot of the Woot order page today, nearly two weeks after the order was canceled. This is a terrible way to run a business.

I've been shopping online since the 1990s. I've never had an experience like this. I won't be ordering from Woot again. I've been an Amazon customer since 2000 and expected more from a company Amazon owns.

Tip for consumers: Don't believe Woot when they give a delivery date and charge your credit card. You may wait a few weeks only to learn that Woot canceled the order weeks before and never told you.

bw88
4/19/18

I bought my tshirt because I had to have it because of what picture it had on it. I'm so glad I was planning all along to cut out the pic and frame it because with my curves I wouldn't even be able to fit it over my head! XL Women in what country? It might even be too small for a small dog!. I do love the picture on it though. Thank you. Only really thin people could wear this though.

dwighth23
12/26/17

Been Wootin for years. Great values, easy returns, good prices. What more is there to say? Start Wootin.

jodiz
12/5/17

Woot.com has it figured out... If they want money, they run an ad for an item that everyone wants, they collect the money immediately without shipping the merchandise. Then they get at least a few weeks free loan before they have to refund your money "because we over-sold". What a freakin' crock! Happened to me with the Yeti 30 cooler. I will NEVER shop there again!

lisaa192
9/11/17

*** Today we received a refurbished Cusinart CMW-200 FR Microwave from Amazon supplied by WOOT. The packaging was in perfect condition. The microwave was SMASHED in on the right side and the door wouldn't open. What kind of company would send out an appliance in that condition? We are so disappointed. It feels unfair and like a total waste of everyone's time. :(

jenniferc290
8/8/17

Bought a refurbished iPad for my son. It worked for 7 days. I am still waiting to hear from woot but looking at previous reviews I doubt they will back their word.

aaronj38
8/7/17

Buyers beware. Www.woot.com is selling refurbished products on their site and advertising that they come with an extended warranty. The only problem, is that woot is unwilling or unable to document those warranties as required by federal law. Turns out the warranties are fictitious. Do not trust them to exist without documentation being provided before the sale.

heidih49
7/28/17

I contacted Woot in March 2017 about a Black & Decker Flex Vacuum purchased through them that was missing one of the wheels for the floor head brush. They couldn't replace the part but said I could have a $10.00 refund. I asked for the refund - twice! - and never heard from Woot either of the times. I will not order through Woot again as I don't relish getting defective items that aren't rectified in some way.

lindaa125
6/27/17

I ordered a few items and after processing the order and charging me, they cancelled the order because the item(s) were unavailable. They never told me which item(s) were unavailable and made no effort to make it right.

thomash175
6/8/17

Bought a samsung s7 from Woot for my son who is away at college. Has not worked fully since purchase. He was just told by 2 different carrier stores the best thing to do is buy a new phone. This one is junk.

feliper19
5/13/17

I have been purchasing all kinds of goods from Woot. Everything from Clothes to electronics to household items and I've never been disappointed with that website. I had to return a couple items but I get a fast reply when asking about my returns. I would recommend it to all my family and friends.

marieg54
4/21/17

Three weeks ago I ordered three comforters for $17.99 each. Only one was delivered. No notice that two were unavailable. No refund. I had to call. Got a refund for two. When I filled out the survey at the end, the first question and the third were about the company. The second question, the customer service representative. I gave the company a four star for the first and third question and a five star for the service representative. When I hit, "Submit," it changed the five star (for the CSR to =three= stars. Yesterday I received an email that said my three comforters were delivered. Nothing ever came. I called this a.m. Young man said I hadn't been charged (and I called my credit card co. and I hadn't). I answered the survey with two three stars for the company and a five star for the rep. Again what I put in was downgraded for the representative! Both CSRs did the best they could and the company downgrades my rating of them? No! I get the feeling this is NOT a good place to order from and won't be doing so again.

darint6
4/11/17

Woot will lie to you and hold your money till you figure it out!!!!!!!!!!!
I purchased a desktop computer on their site and was excited about the prospect of getting what I thought was a good deal! For some reason the shipping date for me to receive the computer was 2 1/2 weeks but that is ok I am patient.
So the projected day of delivery comes and I decide to check on the status of the shipment, FedEx tracking number says it was delivered a week ago to another city, no where close to me! What the %@&*#???
I email them to see if they gave me the wrong tracking number and they tell me it now is just a lost item and all they can do is give me my money back.
I check into it further with FedEx and the parcel is the wrong weight, sent to another city and someone signed for it... basically Woot LIED... a shipping label was printed for my address but never handed over to FedEx. Woot gave me someone elses tracking number to watch. So 2 weeks went by while Woot held my money in their account, all the while knowing they were not shipping my computer!
I tried conversing with them about a way to properly apologize for their fraudulent practices... "here's a lil coupon that expires in 30 days" was their reply.
Ummm... no b*#@h where's my computer!
Do not trust Woot, and if you decide to, watch them each day with your order, check every detail.

alexn63
3/20/17

I ordered a refurbished laptop to use for my brand new business paid for it got a confirmation delivery date I go about my way busy as hell trying to establish my business. My first job scheduled it a few days after the anticipated delivery date just to give them margin of error lo and behold I checked the order online few days before the expected delivery date and it just simply says cancelled not a damn word or a email from them except to buy more $#*! now my first kid my first paying job my first business ever I have to call this morning and let them know my laptop didn't come in because there's no way I'll be able to get one that quickly that'll do the job that I mean thanks so much will deleting the app and since I don't have a job to do I've got nothing but time the post about a hundred different negative ads about your crappy business practice

karens300
3/16/17

I've made many purchases through woot.com and never had a problem. I generally buy their t-shirts from the derby. The sizing is pretty accurate and now they offer two different manufacturers of shirts so you can pick the one you want. The American Apparel tends to run a little smaller than the Standard. I have noticed, the Standard tends to draw up ever so slightly after washing, so I am more mindful of that when ordering now.

juanv28
1/20/17

Excelent deals, the only bad thingk i can see is the delivery time. But for that price i can waite a little more than my amazon prime :)

I buy a pc and was delivery in perfect conditions

117 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Not until you buy something ... then you're screwed!

By Vince A.

Only can contact through email. If you are looking to be tortured in return process it is comparable to waterboarding

By Richard M.

They used to be good. But quite Woot after they were slow to respond and then basically told me to get lost. Said to call the manufacturer as they made the faulty item!

By Chet B.

Woot is a terrible company. I strongly suggest you order elsewhere..

By kyle b.

You' PAY alright! Return shipping fees and restocking fees. Save yourself the headache of a company with no customer service. They have the Monkey mascot for a reason.

By Vince A.

(972)20417-3959. Woot phone number from the Better Business Bureau. Did you get a receipt from the shipper? If so contact them to find out where your return is. If Woot has it and doesn't refund then fill out a BBB complaint.

By Christina D.

Questions? Get answers from the Woot staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Woot