US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

aprop1
9/28/16

Had a surprise party on September 17,2016 and found him on thumbtack..JP THE DJ . Was remarkable..he was fun,funny,blend rite in with the family..I would hire him each and every event my family has....don't forget the music was great and LOUD LIKE WE LIKE IT!!!!!!! THANKS JP

patriciam149
9/27/16

Michael Rodriguez owner of Trailside Handyman and Remodeling is the real Deal great work fair price. But most importantly honest values of years long forgotten. He is punctual and meticulous. His work shows he cares. So do your self a favor and hire him you won't regret it. I certainly didn't.

lindat107
9/27/16

I had earlier put in my review and said. They were not done yet what I meant was they were going to be back the next day please disregard the first review they were wonderful

judyr36
9/25/16

The pro I hired never once answered emails from me and has virtually dropped me. Horrible and frustrating service. Rude.
I've waited to give this review of the graphic artist thinking that he would contact me but never did after two days of waiting to hear back from him!

jessicaw116
9/23/16

Okay so I was feeling from the jump thumbtack has been sketchy. So I am going to tell you why I think its sketchy.

So they charge an arm an a leg for all these leads but NO one ever responds to the leads. My work is good quality and very reasonable in price. I just can't see all these people turning down a good deal.

The leads come in at all time of the night. Like at midnight 15 people are looking to get makeup done in my area? Not!

Okay so one specific time I noticed a lead came in and of course I didn't book it. 2 weeks later the same name came across requesting a different date with less people to have their makeup done. This same profile was on a different booking site requesting for a different amount of people to have makeup done.

If its not thumbtack creating these profiles they are doing a bad job at screening the people looking for a professional. They should really think of a better way to verify these profiles are legit.

I have wasted so much money buying credits and these people always view the lead but never respond. What a coincidence that they always view the quote very quickly but they never ask questions about booking or anything. I really feel like this site is not legit.

If you want exposure you are better off going on fb paying to promote your business there honestly!

shirleys79
9/22/16

I hired a handyman from this site he didn't finish the job and wouldn't give me half of my money back can't say his name right now because I am going to take him to court but when over i will because I don't want this man to take advantage of another single black woman in Birmingham it's the honor of it took 700 dollars from me

theresep
9/22/16

I hired Mark ll Decorating (Mark Walker) to paint a home that I am listing for sale in Anoka. He was prompt on contacting me, bidding the job, which was very a reasonable quote and completing the project within a week's time. I would recommend his services to anyone, as I was very pleased with his quality of work and his professionalism!. Thanks Mark!

maryb348
9/22/16

I want to recommend the Willard Allison Cleaning Service to any one who lives in the Plant City Fl area. They have cleaned my house for a year. They are reliable and trustworthy. They go over and above in the job that they do and will do any extras that come up. And a bonus is that I get a hug each they come. Mary in Plant City

stevem204
9/21/16

So I started a couple of businesses.

ZexShots.com and JustFreshCrepes.com

The company treated me professionally. It is difficult to secure customers from the site. But the customers do exist in my experience. They have a decidedly customer driven focus about how to make the company better and how to take care of both those who are looking for business and those who are submitting bids for business.

dorothyw32
9/20/16

Being an 80 yr old widow with health issues I desperately needed help with my 28 yr old small condo. Debbie came here and after organizing the kitchen cabinets she wallpapered the kitchen with a cheerful blue and white paper. She made a valance and covered the dining chairs with the same fabric. She then created a cozy guestroom from a catch-all room. What a pleasure to wake to everyday.

Dorothy

michaelr264
9/19/16

I figured out their scam tonight. I finally bid a job after being persistently asked by Thumbtack to do so. I asked the homeowner to let me know one way or the other. She opened by bid at 7:30 pm and responded right away that the job had already been done today. The jobbers are not updating their files and we keep sending in quotes not knowing if the job is even still available, There is no way for us to know if a job is already sold because the jobber just does not update his files. Just like a weekend warrior, doesn't give a damn. Since we never get contact information we will never know unless we ask the homeowner to fill us in when they buy a contract. Thumbtack needs to figure out a way to keep this from happening, but then that would cut into their revenue. And again why do 8 or 20 jobbers need to be given opportunity to bid on a job anyway? Isn't 3 or 4 enough? With 8 or 10 bidding, one is going to be a low ball bid. All the bids are coming through these bastards and we are being screwed. Sounds like time to contact the attorney general of my state. I'm pissed big time! And I thought that most of the jobs were phony; they still may be. No way to know is there? Hello Mr Attorney General pick up the phone.

michaelj184
9/18/16

Things were good at one time and I spoke highly of Thumbtack. All of a sudden the request slowed down as though they had a personal beef against me. I called and complained and they gave me lame excuses of why the leads were not coming in like normal . One staff member told me to decrease the mileage of the service area and I did that and it did not help. I called back again and complained and another person told me that the service area was to small. I replied, "Your staff member told me to." I put the mileage back where it was and now they give me more far away quotes rather than close. I feel as though a competitor called them and told them that I hate them or something. The response I hated the most was when a guy told me that they only send quotes out to pros that are ready to respond. No one responded more faster than I did. They swear nothing happened but it did. What group of people in their right mind would treat paying customers in that fashion. This is a disgrace!

larryw64
9/17/16

My review and personal opinion of Thumbtack is that it is in fact a fraudulant website. Maybe for some this works, maybe, but all i do is pay for leads but not one lead in 3 years has responded back to me for they,'re own request. I think thumbtack.com hires people to make up request to take customers money. It reminds me of getting a "local" cold calls but the caller is outta state. They buy the phone numbers to seem like they're local to get me to answer, anyway, same thing. Thumktack is fraudulant. I get "local" request for work however no response from these so called request.

virginiae5
9/16/16

you've probably heard the saying when a man fixes something around the house and it works again that "He sure is a Handy Man to have around" well....Mr. Mark O'Oreilly was for sure "THE Handyman" here today, my bathroom fan/light, med cabinet now has its lights, and the outlet works too! Nice gentleman, highly recommend him, excellent job, very grateful, thanks to others for answering emails and to Thumbtack

robynw17
9/16/16

Clara Gonzalez was my first and last choice! I got a good vibe by her. She has a pleasant personality too. She takes pride in her job. If you try her out, you will be very please!

lindaj94
9/13/16

We went though a ton of pool companies then found Protege Pool Services on Thumbtack. This company was so honest and saves us so much money. Finally a company I can trust. Thanks Protege Pool Services in Arizona

maureeno8
9/11/16

Samuel Nunes did a great job repairing, restoring and creating the front stairs of my house that were originally made of cobblestone and brick when the house was built about 1914. Sam was able to repoint the cobblestone and replaced the bricks that had come loose and broken (brownstone style stairs). Samuel then created beautiful brick steps (entirely replacing the steps that had been there) that had multiple people stop by commenting on the beautiful job and how creatively it was done. I would highly recommend Samuel Nunes. The job was done in the time specified. Samuel was also able to recommend other professionals he works with for additional jobs on the property that need to be done, i.e., fence installation.

judyb68
9/9/16

Carlos was on time in spite of heavy morning traffic. He presented me with his ID as I had requested when making the appointment. He serviced my computer and answer the questions that I had. I would recommend him to the many seniors who are struggling with their computer. He is soft spoken and he knows his craft. If I need help with my future computer I will contact him again.
Judy B.

tabbyf
9/4/16

I did not use thumbtack to find our new permanent tree contractor Top Notch Tree Experts. But I surly will be using your site to find any services I'll ever need in the future. Brian and his crew amazingly removed 19 of the.largest oaks and maples in our area all the trees were inaccessible by bucket trucks it didn't hinder how.he approached the removals and I've never seen anyone so confident in the air in my life. Great job Top Notch Tree Experts and you have one check of a pro on your site thumbtack. New customer from today forward

gmariew
9/1/16

Good

kathleenm80
8/31/16

Hired a "contractor" who seemed to know what he was doing, estimated the job for $1650 done in 5 days. After almost 3 weeks and an additional $350 we finally gave him his last payment and chased him away. He screwed up so many things and was careless enough to cause some damage to our master bath. He left a messy workplace every day and we are well rid of him. We will spend the next month fixing his screw-ups and making things right. If it helps, his name is Harold.

michelleg114
8/30/16

I called for help with my laptop because it would not connect to my wifi. William Thomas came over within a few hours to fix the problem. It was a bigger problem than thought so his partner, Cameron Duran joined him at my home and discovered all kinds of programs running in the background. It took some doing but they fixed it. Mr Thomas even stopped by the next morning to make sure I restarted it and checked it again. This is REAL customer service! These great guys are in El Paso Texas.

scottm171
8/28/16

Roger White trained my dog in 4 lessons and my dog didn't know anything at first,if you need a dog trainer support a veteran owned business call Roger White from Off leash K9 training.

janices56
8/28/16

I had a birthday party on August 27th I hired Derrick the D J and he was awesome everyone enjoyed his music I personally fell in love with him LOL he is very professional in his music what a wonderful nice guy if anyone is looking for a DJ for any event contact thumbtack for Derrick the D J

sherz
8/26/16

Our type of service business requires some pre-screening from potential clients that we find to be a difficult process via thumbtack.

34 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Thumbtack staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
11 hours ago
Add your answer
1 day ago
Answer
thumbtackt
A: It's up to each professional to determine what licenses are necessary and follow the laws in their cities and states, Cinda. I encourage you to reach out to the professionals you're interested in working with to make sure everything is up to date. We're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great day!
1 day ago