US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

alanm126
12/4/16

We found Continental Custom Iron on Thumbtack. The guys came up with the perfect design for a railing along the walkway as well as a railing for our swimming pool based on our somewhat sketchy ideas. They were quick, efficient and right on time. Their estimate was extremely reasonable and we could not be happier. I would use them again for any future needs.

kathleenb54
12/2/16

Kevin Johnson of Supreme Landscapes did not complete the job. He told me several he stop by but never did. sorry i ever gave him a good review before he actually completed the work

jb248
12/1/16

Highly recommend Darrell Thomas, whose team did superb high-quality, professional work on a variety of projects, including painting, woodwork and brick repair, and backyard fencing.

ninas33
11/28/16

As a pro in my field of housekeeping for 18 years I can tell you Thumbtack is a hack company! They are filled with excuse after excuse as to why my quotes were never opened. They don't vete the customer well enough or guide them through the process of how to fill out the request form. They are up against Care.com, Angie's List and Craigslist. They need to bone up on what would make their company work!! I shut down my profile because I do feel they throw out fake leads! That's not against the law but it should be. Shame on these Mormons!!!

dorisc26
11/27/16

SamQ Photography took photos of my sons rehearsal dinner. They were beautiful! I highly recommend SamQ. Sam was punctual and very accommodating. Thank you Sam.

susyq1
11/26/16

Despicable customer service!!!
Run by little children who like to get revenge on you and shut your account down if you criticize them .
Frauds. They take your $$$$ and provide illigit leads.
Steer clear of this scam company !!!

bishs
11/26/16

I have been using such services from quite some time. Thumbtack is worst of all. The type of Handyman they suggest are very low quality. Go for other online services. I have used many of them with different level of satisfaction but this one is worst of all. Never try

victoriav29
11/25/16

I've been a member on thumbtack for 2 months I must of gave out 30 quotes for cleaning homes, and got no work at all I kept buying points it went from 2 points a quote to 7 points a quote I spent more the $90 hopping something would happen but to my disappointment nothing.
Thumbtack just eats your points and is a scam please don't fall for them they will send you 20 jobs a day and you will give 20 quotes a day and nothing will happen!!!!!!

debiw6
11/24/16

I was very impressed with the owner, as he was very professional and nice. He was very quick and in and out of the house. Very detailed oriented. Great Job and I will use them again.

lindaa95
11/24/16

We had several estimates for carpet cleaning.
DAVID NIVEN was very impressive and had a very reasonable rate.
We made an appointment and he came out. Very pleasant and he actually did more than he had bid but kept price the same.
Would highly recommend.

lindar156
11/22/16

Excellent service, professional crews! A first class operation. The owner showed up to provide pricing on a Sunday afternoon and more than satisfied our expectations! 200 home development! Phil is well respected, responds quickly and more importantly...he does what he says...when he says he will have it done.
This company will soon be at the top of the trade list in RI for this type service.
Linda - Glocester, RI

miag18
11/22/16

Just started using thumbtack about a week ago!! This site does not even have a call center that you can call in and ask questions they talk to you via text only and chatting on Internet, extremely unprofessional!!!!!! can't get my questions answered never got a job hadmore than 10 job quotes in less than a week.. the credits jumped from two credits to 14 credit I've spent around 40.00 bucks for nothing... it's extremely frustrating to deal with your business through texting this company at this time I would not recommend some te it's extremely frustrating to deal with your business through texting this company at this time I would not recommend Thumbtack

chrisw206
11/20/16

I was in dire need of a thorough house cleaning. I found Amanda on Thumbtack. She arrived on time and brought her own cleaning supplies. She spent more than 5 hours cleaning my entire house. Vaccuming, dusting, mopping floors, wiping down the walls and my house smells great. I would highly recommend her to anyone in the Red Lion or York area of Pennsylvania. I am 100 % satisfied! Chris Wade Felton, PA.

natashar28
11/19/16

I got Reberto from this serve to cut my tree. And he did an excellent job and gave me a great price. He show up early and took care of my tree that FL had fell on my top back porch and over my roof. This was not an easy job because the tree lined was very long and my house is 1700 feet and this tree laid across the electric line. They did and excellent job and no damage to my house. Thank you.

matthewh91
11/14/16

From Mike to his installation team, Radon Mitigation Services by GMD Construction, Inc out of Lisbon, MD are the best in the business. They are passionate, diligent, professional, and true subject matter experts around the dangers of Radon Gas. I strongly recommend this team....and please have your home tested for Radon Gas....21,000 people die a year from Radon Gas....shocking.

Tip for consumers: Radon Gas Mitigation Services

davidb588
11/11/16

Thumbtack is 95% no good for jobs

dianed63
11/10/16

Used Thumbtack for a couple of months. Paid good money for legitimate leads, but not one call. I am using the same or similar quote description as with other lead services so know that is not the problem. The only conclusion I can reach is that the leads are bogus. Now they want money for more leads. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

mistyt6
11/8/16

Do not trust thumbtack! Again do not trust the people who put there company on thumbtack. Steve Wood reported to thumbtack that SK Design was a company ran by a con artist Kennth Keever. Steve Wood was taken for $3000.00 by Keever. Steve reported the con artist to thumbtack on sept 1, 2016. Thumbtack refused to let Steve Wood know what action was taken against Ken Keever, some so called privacy laws. In less than 2 weeks, ken Keever has another company on thumbtack called American design. I get caught up in his con for $11,550.00 on Sept 16, 2016. I contacted thumbtack to complain about Ken Keever and what do I get. Another story about how they will take care of it and I have no right to know what action was being taken!! Thats because thumbtack is in on it with these con artist. Here's a link to a KENS5 news report on Ken Keever and how he has scammed more people out of money ranging from $3000 to $40,000.00 and again thumbtack does not care. When I complain about how there not vetting these so called qualified professionals there putting us in contact with! All I can get out of thumbtack is we are taking care of it, yeah by getting kick back from the scams!!

I tried to explain that I was a disabled veteran and was trying to remodel my bathroom, because of the physical disability I received serving my country. Thumbtack could careless and does not support veterans. They basically said its my fault and my disabilities are my problem. Wow, I feel so good after sacrificing my body for my country. I have also posted a waring to all service members and veterans on veteran boards and blogs, that thumbtacks professionals are not to be trusted, due to improper vetting of the so called qualified professionals..

cjk4
11/7/16

I have been a member of thumbtack for over a year now. I have bid on a lot of jobs that I did not get. But, and this is a big but, the ones that I did get paid for all that I did not plus led to referrals. Thumbtack is the only lead service that I have tried that truly works. Thank you Thumbtack. You get the leads and it is up to us at business owners to decide which ones to bid on and how to convert them into paying clients. I am still a loyal thumbtack client and have told others about you. It is a win, win for me and my new clients!

kevinc179
11/4/16

Alana McCurdy aka Wilma H Jackson (Double A Cleaning of Brewton AL) a supposed Thumbtack Pro, quoted me a price for the repair of windows on a house.

Based on the quote given she asked for and received 50% down, she received the payment and I have not talked to or seen her again.

Now my house has 6 windows, or holes in the wall with not windows that allow me to secure the house. (See attached photos)

Thumbtack then told me they will NOT honor their Pro with their $1M property protection because no damage was done to the property, really. I'm missing 6 windows in my house.

Additionally, the Thumbtack pro was out on bond for drug charges when they used the site to respond to my project.

"Wilma Alana Jackson, 40, Brewton, arrested May 5, charged with drug paraphernalia, unlawful possession of controlled substance x 2 (meth and hydrocodone), possession marijuana 2nd; Jackson released $5,000 bond."

Thumbtack does not do a continual check of screening pro's for licenses and pending arrests. Checks every 3, 6, or 12 months would help to keep track of situations like this in the future.

Tip for consumers: Don't expect Thumbtack to back you as a consumer.

julif
11/4/16

A consumer, Teresa, used thumbtack to hire me for wedding photography. Teresa the consumer, did not contact me to tell me she wanted to hire me. Therefore, her date was still available. I did not send Teresa a contract nor did she pay me a deposit because there was no communication about her hiring me. Teresa called me 2 weeks before the wedding and sadly I had already booked a wedding for her date. Teresa left a nasty one-star review about me. Thumbtack would not do anything about this. Teresa even said that Thumbtack was at fault.

jimm1259
11/3/16

on time, great prices and a great service. one call and its done. Sharons the one to get your cleaning done! Maid to Clean

brendad44
11/1/16

My Mom is 80 and has lived in 2 homes during this time. This move on 10-27-16 was not her choice, but a real blessing as it released her from a variety of stressors. Me, I was stressed and concerned about everything - my Mom, the move, the movers and the list goes on ---She's my Mom! So, I reached Johnny On The Move Inc. through Thumbtack and what a wonderful group of people they were. Mrs. Jackie set everything up, she was professional, kind, thorough and assuring. On moving day, Antonio plus 1 was nothing short of extraordinary! Antonio plus 1 was kind, respectful, prompt and efficient. My Mom and I were pleased with the expert services and how reasonabl fees were assessed. Johnny On The Move Inc. is genuine and they really do care about people.
Happy to spread this word about Johnny!
Brenda

victorl48
10/29/16

If you are a professional don't waste your time, money or effort in this scam sham lead generator. They are bogus leads to get you to spend money.

dem662
10/26/16

Is bad quality for quotes. I spent lot money and I never received phone calls. Also they never refunded my money.

39 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Thumbtack staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
ritab49
Rita B.
1 week, 3 days ago
Answer
thumbtackt
Thumbtack-Support -. [Thumbtack Rep]
A: We love that you want to leave a review for a pro you worked with on Thumbtack, Rita. Have you updated the status of your project to mark this pro as hired? Once you do, you can leave them a review. We have steps on doing this here: http://thumb.tk/updatestatus. Just copy and paste this link into your web browser's URL. We're here for you if you need anything else. Have a great day!
6 days, 19 hours ago
on 10/10/16
Answer
thumbtackt
Thumbtack-Support -. [Thumbtack Rep]
A: We love that you want to review the pro you worked with. This is a great way to show their potential customers your experience with their service. You should receive 3 follow-up emails that will request for you to leave this pro a review. If you haven't received these, please give us a call at (800) 948-2034 and we'll be happy to help.
on 10/11/16