US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

greggp4

We service providers should have the ultimate reviews of Thumbtack. (in 7 reviews)

darlenea4

I'm actually a service provider who utilizes "Thumbtack" for the majority of my business. (in 54 reviews)

dons55

The contractor assured me he was qualitied to do the job. (in 120 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

pato23
7/24/16

I hired Harris Grounds Management from Thumbtack. Ryan Frawley is so full of BS. He has not finished the deck job, taken down all the fence around my pool and left the job. He was "overwhelmed", had a tree fall on his truck, broke two ribs, has mononucleosis, had a crew quit on him, and on on - He does not answer phone calls, responds with a text of excuses. I am suing him in court. We have been forced to put up snow fence around our pool for safety until another fencing company can fit us into their schedule . We have been unable to entertain or use our backyard because of this company's ineptitude! Thumbtack needs to remove this company don't sent anymore unsuspecting people to him.

crissym3
7/24/16

He did an excellent job on the remodeling of my bathroom everything was to my liking and I was completed satisfied. I would definitely recommend this company to my family friends.

alexb172
7/18/16

Thumbtack sucks I was running a great honest low income DJ business until they suspended my account for my age although everything I handle for my age is proper and legal.

Tip for consumers: Dont use thumbtack they suspend accounts for age and even nothing sometimes

kyleb70
7/16/16

I highly recommend Masons Plumbing. I needed to have my water heater replaced, they came out within a few hours, were very reasonable and fair. Will and Wes were very professional and personable and did great work. I will absolutely call them for future plumbing needs!

almam17
7/16/16

I was in search of someone to repair my desk top computer. I used Thumbtack to assist me in locating that someone. Thumbtack referred me to Jun Kim, who did an excellent job. He repaired my computer in a reasonable amount of time at a very reasonable price. Alma

pamelah46
7/15/16

Grateful Plumber was prompt, knowledgeable and very reasonable. I would absolutely recommend it.

donw48
7/14/16

Ben was great,very sociable and friendly.Work was done right the first time.Would highly recommend him for any of your plumbing needs.

lisab247
7/14/16

I was looking for a local personal trainer because I was tired of belonging to health clubs and after a few weeks of joining, rarely going. I came across Pam Harrelson on thumbtack. I read her bio and was impressed but the clinching factor was that she was a Christian. I saw this as a confirmation to try her and she was perfect for me. Pam has a lot of personal experience as a trainer and someone who worked for years with a doctor who specialized in nutrition. For the first time in my life I did not dread working out and quite enjoyed our time together. Lisa B

brendag71
7/13/16

Hired his company to paint, flooring installation and miscellaneous repairs. Did sub-standard work and never finished after he was paid. He promised at least 6 times to come back to finish, but never showed up. Seems like a nice guy, but can't be trusted to do what he says he will do.

lenac11
7/12/16

Diana Kaeding teaches Voice Lessons in Bradenton FL and I have been going for a couple of months now and will continue. I wasn't sure I could sing at all (just a beginner) when I first began lessons, but Diana has really helped me tremendously. I recommend her highly!

kathryna16
7/12/16

The crew was very professional and they worked very quickly to get me moved into my new apartment. They were very friendly and personable. There was a delay for them to get to the location, but that is understandable given that there was a severe thunderstorm at the time they were scheduled to arrive, so we had to move it forward and they were delayed with the customer before me. But once they got there, everything was taken care of, and more quickly than I anticipated. They were able to get everything done in a two hour period and there was some big furniture which needed to be broken down and put back together again. There were a few scratches on the bed headboard, but I was able to cover them with scratch cover.

I would recommend their services to anyone wanting help with a local move in Jefferson City or Columbia.

jamesp243
7/9/16

Shane Neal Replaced the carpeting on my mfg. home front entry landing and stairs.
The quality of his work was excellent and I would recommend him to anyone.

vincev6
7/9/16

The project was a non-typical home addition. As the contractor, Dan Barrett shared his years of experience when recommending project plan alterations that improved the original design plans. Throughout the entire process, the construction site was cleaned up at the end of each day and materials were kept covered and protected from the weather.
Along with a team of skilled craftsmen, the full use of quality materials and solid attention to detail resulted in a very strong and beautiful finish.
Barrett Custom Carpentry provided professional workmanship, continuous communication with the client and their prompt and polite service provided a pleasurable experience
Barrett Custom Carpentry is an ideal contractor to work with.

ayeshaw2
7/8/16

Races company

robertap7
7/8/16

Thank you "Events to Remember " in Navasota. What a wonderful experience it was to have you at my back. You have a wonderful family-run business and will get my business and that of my family and friends for years to come. Your willingness to be there for me and assist me with the many issues of the wedding was the best. You were so helpful and such good listeners.

jewelb11
7/7/16

I used thumbtack to find a landscaper. Dunn 2 perfection was good the first year. However at some point, their bookkeeping and communication turned very bad. I sent many emails that informed them they were wrong about me being behind on payment. They would agree and apologize. This happened at least 3 separate times. It got to the point I had to take snapshots of cleared checks and send it to them. Just this June, they abruptly stopped coming to cut our grass. My husband called and he was told they mistakenly thought we were behind. The woman called us back to say they would be out there that day or the next day. It took 3 days for them to show up and we received no call or email explaining why. The day after they cut the grass, I got another invoice saying I had a past due amount. What?! This was just addressed a few days ago on the phone. I promptly emailed and asked which month was in question because I was ready for a response. I had already pulled out all my checkbooks and went online again to take screenshots. I got no response. I sent that email over July 1st (7 days ago). I will send payment for one month of service and be done. Maybe I'll get a reply when they see the check is less than the invoice. That's all I ever wanted--a reply. Poor communication and questionable billing.

mikeb276
7/6/16

After several years of being a contractor listed on thumbtack.. This is my opinion!
Their pricing schedule is all screwed up! They charge 4 credits or roughly 10.00 for a sub premium lead.. By that i mean you pay 10.00 for a lead that does not include any contact info for the potential customer... No email, no phone number..just a name and a genral area. Also the cost of the lead is not in anyway equal to the amount you could hope to make on the job.. For example they charge 4 credits(approx 10.00) for a lead ( installing a tv on wall with no inwall wire concealment) that at best is going to pay 55 to 79.00 but then the charge 2 credits for a lead (complete electrical rewire) that has the potential to pay thousands of dollars.
I will also add that i get replies to only about 1 in ten leads purchased.
At one time thumbtack was a usefull tool in your tool box. That no longer is true. There price increase is designed to get the most out of the most popular services..instead of being designed to get the most out of the most costly services.
If i could give advice to those in charge at thumbtack... It would be...to take some time a actually make some phone calls to your contractors and ask ( personaly) what they think about " cost of lead vs price quoted". I think they would be surprized.
To sum it up... Thumbtack is trying to get premium lead prices for refferal leads (leads where you pay. And they pass on your info). It is for that reason than i have greatly reduced the number of leads i bid on.
If i could give advice to contractors thinking about using thumbtack.. It would be.. Don't waste your money.

terrya26
7/3/16

George was very professional and upfront. They came on time & were courteous. I was told I would still have Bee's for 3-7 days it actually took 8 but they are gone! I highly recommend this company. They are the ones I'll call in the future for any exterminator issues if needed. Thank you George!

pati39
7/2/16

Drive way resurfacing. I recently had several drive ways resurfaced in a retirement community by Estes Paving co . Chris One of the owners was very professional. The hard-working and professional crew were thorough,timely and diligent in cleaning up the site daily . I Would definitely recommend this company to anyone needing asphalt paving. I was completely satisfied with the results . We will be calling Estes Paving for additional work In our community . Pat. BCVE.

ede164
7/1/16

I am a studio photographer who has used Thumbtack for some time now to bid on photography jobs. Thumbtack lies about screening their job postings, as numerous ones never receive job status updates, quite possibly indicating the postings are bogus.

Thumbtack charges service providers for bids on the job request listed on their website. There is no better way to explain Thumbtack's ethically-challenged operations as the refuse to refund bid credits for job cancelled, deleted by Thumbtack or completed outside of their service.

Thumbtack's customer service is extremely bad and I can not stress any more then to never use their service. Thumbtack is in existence simply to gather revenue even by not providing the service the advertise.

Service providers should avoid them at all cost.

tracys101
7/1/16

I hired 2 cleaning services from thumbtack and both were awful! Swept away cleaning and always clean both had great reviews, and both were terrible! I think my 4 year old could have cleaned my house better!

tommyt25
6/29/16

Gerik Whitt power washed my driveway, walkway, decks, etc this morning and I am very pleased at the job he was able to do. For example: at my request, he was able to clean the decking without stripping any of the finish off like the last guy did. In all, job well done and a pleasure to work with.
Tommy Turner
Lawrenceville, GA

cathyh46
6/29/16

We had our carpet cleaned here at Auto City Speedway! All Around Carpet Cleaning took on the challenge of cleaning our carpets.. (We are a race track!) Paul was very prompt on his arrival time given for an estimate.. His prices were very reasonable...We didn't have to wait long for an appointment to clean. He was very accomodating to our needs. AND.... the carpet is now cleaned and looks FANTASTIC! We won't need to do any more "Comparison" shopping... All Around Carpet Cleaning will be our FIRST CHOICE from now on!

terrig24
6/25/16

An entire wall was damaged and needed to be repaired. Maurice did an amazing job in making the wall look brand new. The ending resulting put a smile on my face. I would use him for all my home repairs.

shelias6
6/22/16

R and L Lawn Services did an excellent job on my flower beds. They were on time and completed the job in the same day. The service cuts my yard every two weeks, and I have been pleased with their work.

28 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Thumbtack staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5 days ago
Answer
thumbtackt
A: I love that the house cleaner you hired did such an amazing job, Nan. We have a great article explaining how you can leave a review for them here: http://thumb.tk/reviewingpros. You just need to copy the link and paste it into the URL of your web browser. Please give us a call if you have any other questions, we can be reached at (800) 948-2034.

Have a great day!
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
3 weeks ago
Answer
thumbtackt
A: That is a great question, Kadee. You purchase Thumbtack Credits when you want to make an introduction to a customer. When you first buy these, you'll buy them in a package. This way you'll have credits available when you receive another request that sparks your interest. You can see more information about this here: http://thumb.tk/firstcredits. You just need to copy the link and paste it into the URL of your web browser. Have a great day!
3 weeks ago