Review of Thumbtack

Tel: (800) 948-2034
info@thumbtack.com

jessicam286
6/24/17

I received a handful of free credits, since I didn't want to spend money and I had the account for so long. I probably applied to dozens of requests, and only got somebody who was trying to scam me into giving them money.

Don't waste your time, nobody will ever reply to you because they are just computer generated situations.

steveg161
6/22/17

unsubscribed from emails and also deactivated account, still getting daily emails. It won't stop and there is no support to contact on their web-site. Help is a blank page.

marieh92
6/21/17

Had cards printed from Danielle and they look of great quality, fast service, price just right. She also makes designer pictures and crafty door/wall hangers and much more!

vickiw39
6/21/17

Worst contractor ever!!! Hired to build a patio. Construction is so bad we have to hire someone else to tear it apart and redo. Lies, lies and more lies! Gonna take him to court to get my money back. Clearly Thumbtack does not screen the so-called "professionals" that they recommend! Will NEVER USE THUMBTACK again!

kathyw107
6/21/17

The landscaping around my house was hideous but now it's lovely. Thanks Andrew for helping to beautify my home. I'm not the ugly duckling on the block any more. I look forward to seeing more beautiful work. Also thanks for the added tips on my property.

marshad9
6/21/17

Where do I start!!!! I have struggled with my weight pretty much all of my life. I was in my community's fitness center when I saw Drake training a resident. I was saying to myself, God please don't let this guy approach me. I just wanna do my treadmill and leave. Well, he didn't have time to approach me, I approached him. I don't want to tell you the entire experience but long story short, I cussed him out and told him I loved him in the same sentence at every session. He is by far one of the best trainers I've experienced. He will push you to limits that you once feared. His training regime for me has allowed me to continue working out even when he is not around. His is one of his clients biggest support systems. Hands down one of the best because he truly has his clients best health interest at heart. I love him today but will despise him when he trains me again. #LOVEHATERELATIONSHIP#

patriciap122
6/20/17

Caine came looked at computer did all kinds of tests on it found out it was an ethernet cord replaced it and did all kinds tests to make puter go, faster

went out of the way to help me out

great customer service very friendly explained it in a way I would understand it

Patricia Pueyes

jennif3937
6/20/17

Regardless of what you are told, Thumbtack has ZERO interest in protecting customers in a dispute between customer and pro. Furthermore, they do not adequately research pros before listing.

noemic6
6/19/17

Thumbtack went into our account and took money out because they had one customer complaint. So they took it upon themselves to charge the credit card I had on file for purchasing credits ONLY. They made 5 small transactions totaling 1250. This is illegal because they assumed they complaint was legitimate without proper and legal investigation.

bettyg34
6/18/17

Wonderful facial
Relaxing therapeutic
Meli uses excellent products
She can do other services related to skin and beauty
I highly recommend her

diogob
6/16/17

I spent lots of money sending quotes to customers and got nothing back. Lots of people use this platform to get quotes only. Thumbtack should only charge you if you get hired, otherwise is a waste of money, not effective at all. Also their messaging app is bad, i had issues trying to communicate with a someone i tried to hire. App keeps shutting down and new messages only shows when app rebooted. Its a great concept but its to pricey and it has lots of flaws. I will stay as a cutomer but took my business somewhere else.

gingerb16
6/16/17

I do not believe Thumbtack actually checks out their so called professionals. We hired Multi tasking June to do a move out clean of our home. She left the job after I left to run an errand, she stole everything we had remaining in the home, including a check which she forged and deposited to her account. It cleared our bank before we realized. No help from Thumbtack - there response: handle it with June yourself. Shocking! We gave the police involved, had to close our account to protect our funds in the future. We gave filed charges. Very stressful at the time of a move. Beware! Do not use Thumbtack!!!!!!

gregd45
6/16/17

I have lost well over 100 credits with Thumbtack Pro. I spent over an hour with a Thumbtack representative and I asked question after question before signing up and purchasing this large credit package. Thumbtack pro works by generating quotes and you get charged if the potential client responds. ... Well I have gotten charged for quotes where the client has responded: "Thank You", "What's included", "Are you available on a different date" and other random one liners that have lead to no where!!!

BEFORE I signed up with pro I asked a million questions. I was told there is a refund process for such above responses ... but when I called to get refunds I was told something else and I was not refunded.

I had a conversation Thumbtack on May 18th that I would be refunded for 4 quotes. But he said try to reach out to the clients again because there was still time to book the gigs and he said to call back if nothing happened. I called back and I was told they were not refundable quotes per their guidelines (which by the way are not on any public site per Supervisor Kayla).

Supervisor Kayla also reached out to the person who said he was going to refund me the 4 quotes. Kayla put me on hold, had the person listen to the conversation ,because apparently they record all the conversations, and within a few minutes she told me the guy listened to the conversation and he did not say he would refund me anything. First of all that is a lie, secondly I don't know how he listened to a 30 minute conversation within a few minutes. I have the call log and time length of the call. She also laughed when I asked if I could listen to the call for proof!

Unless you have a super unique business I would not use Thumbtack especially Thumbtack Pro. Thumbtack is getting rich on the Pros when customers are only shopping around.

Not to mention, You have no phone number email address no concrete proof that the quotes are from real people and not computer generated.

The potential clients are just looking for prices to plan their events, not to hire from Thumbtack, sad :(

If you feel ripped off I encourage you to take the time to leave a review.

nolak
6/15/17

I had two computer experts try to fix my computer Ron Billings from thumbtack arrived on time and quickly fixed the issues I would highly reccomend Thumbtack and Ron Billings

dickn9
6/15/17

Took my computer to Venom, PC this am with Blue Screen and got it back at 6pm with a new hard drive with all files cloned. Very reasonable cost and I will return. Highly recommend Venom PC in Urbandale, Iowa. $#*! Nelson

renee732
6/13/17

I have tried this for a year, I got around 150 quotes request for audio rentals in Central Florida, at least 70% of the quotes I sent they never viewed them, 29% they viewed the quote but didnt say anything, i even tried to see if I was charging too much and i sent quotes just charging $100 to rent microphones, speakers, digital sound board, monitors for concerts, everything for $100! and they never said anything. I just 1 hire from 150 requests!!!!!
They are just looking for prices to plan their events, not to hire from Thumbtack, sad :(

mwami
6/12/17

I tried Thumbtack in good faith after many positive experiences on Task Rabbit. Thumbtack ALLEGEDLY is for professionals and clients to meet while TaskRabbit is more for side-job giggers to do non-specialized work.

Long story short -- THIS WEBSITE IS A JOKE!! CONSUMERS SHOULD STAY AWAY!!

First red flag should've been the overly simple design of website and app. There are NO directions or tutorials on how to use and hire Pros.

I ended up getting ripped off by a "Pro" who doesn't read (all communication on site is typed). Thumbtack does JACK SQUAT to protect you or your money.

Thumbtack is nothing more than glorified Facebook Messenger. It is a 3rd party messaging app with NO protocols, NO standards, NO guarantees, NO integrity.

It's extremely dangerous and foolish to use Thumbtack because you will become a scam victim and have ZERO help or assistance from this low-quality app.

I'm guessing Thumbtack will go bankrupt soon. The only staff they hire seems to be very cheap labor overseas for "customer support" to chat with you online and say a whole lot of nothing.

ONLY USE THUMBTACK IF YOU LIKE GETTING SCAMMED AND GETTING THE RUN AROUND.

heatherr82
6/12/17

I hired M&D Concrete from Polk County Florida, to replace my sidewalk they did an awesome job! Would recommend them.

kcd3
6/10/17

I am a pro, and from what I have seen, one of the best on Thumbtack - over 116 hires (they just removed 7 hires from my profile without any explanation) and over 77 5 star reviews. They have continued to raise the cost of credits, as well as the number of credits to quote jobs with Federal price limits for my profession. When competitors pretend to be perspective clients, they do not refund the credits when jobs are mysteriously removed. Been with them 2 years and looking for alternative sources for my money!

lamontp5
6/10/17

Imagine using a site that says it will give you soft leads on quotes for people who you only have a first name and last name initial.. You have no phone number email address no concrete proof that the quotes are from real people and not computer generated.

What is for certain is that you will be charged for a bulk of credits. Sometimes the quote will cost 2 credits other times 11 credits. You will find yourself spending up your credits on no time with "zero" results.

Now you're probably thinking, what if someone is getting the gig? Well I am a DJ who has a big name in radio. Whoever I apply for gigs outside of thumbstack I have a 75% success rate. Not to mention I've even lowered my fee on thumbstack below industry standard and still no response.

Did I mention my work region is withing a very small area, which makes this even more suspect.

In conclusion, you should just find another means to find work. Thumbstack is a rip off

lindas425
6/9/17

This was the first time I'd ever used thumbnail but it won't be the last. We used RJ painting to do a job for us and he was amazing. Did a great job and finished on time and cleaned up everything from job.

keithg48
6/9/17

I would recommend Pilgram painters to anyone looking for a professional job done in a timely manner.

joanc74
6/8/17

If you are a professional looking for jobs on Thumbtack, don't waste your time or money. Thumbtack contacted me, asking me to set up a profile on their website when they first started, so I thought I'd try it out. It didn't take me too long to figure out they were in way over their heads. They didn't know anything about my business category and expected me to give customers quotes from basically no information. I submitted suggestions numerous times about how the quote process for my industry could be improved, but no one ever listened. (I have 20 years' experience in my industry, so I think I have some useful advice to give.) A former Thumbtack employee even hired me to do some work for them while she was there, and after she left the company, it's gone even further downhill. It's almost impossible to get clients to submit reviews since they are not obligated to do so...and submitting quotes costs money! I refuse to pay any money to submit a blind quote if I don't even know what I'm quoting. They allowed me to delete my account without a fight, probably because I never paid a penny for my credits; they were all rewards earned by helping THEM over the years! Some thanks, Thumbtack.

Tip for consumers: Customers, you will be sucking money from some innocent Pro's account if you request a quote, so keep that in mind whenever you don't feel like replying to someone for their quote, to at least tell them you've hired someone else.

trishh24
6/7/17

Loretta gave 110%, above and beyond! She made our house look beautiful and sold it for us! She exceeded our expectations and will exceed yours, please don't settle for budget staging. Loretta's designs are straight out of a magazine, current colors and top notch! Thanks Loretta, you really did sell our home!

latshac
6/6/17

We used Mafri industries and German and his staff was great the service was on point with what and all that i needed. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone.

67 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Thumbtack staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 11/16/15
on 10/5/15
on 10/12/15
Answer
I'm trying to understand your business structure. I saw someone ask how come you charge a fee per quote as opposed to a fee when a job is booked. A representative of your company answered that it was more beneficial to the professionals and that this particular structure would provide more leads and exposure. Please explain this. No offense, but this makes no kind of sense. If I receive 30 quotes and I pay $2 for each, that is $60. If I don't get booked, I ll just be paying out money for no reason. Please elaborate on how this makes any kind of sense. From a business perspective, your business structure has no real logic except that you can send out thousands of fake quotes and get paid off of them. Your structure is really simply for YOU to make money. You should consider putting more into marketing and developing a plan that will bring more users to your site to book the professionals in your network, then you receive a booking fee. Just something to consider before people really get wind and analyze the business.
on 11/21/15
on 9/8/15
3 weeks, 4 days ago
on 4/18/17
on 4/1/17
on 1/28/17
on 10/10/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Thumbtack staff and other customers.

31 Photos for Thumbtack