US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

bruceh84
2/22/17

Mike & Heather have painted our master bedroom & bath and living room. Mike also changed out all electrical outlets and switches to better match the new color. He has also replaced a closet door and stained it to match the existing trim. All work has been outstanding and they are very prompt. The work prices are quite reasonable.

jans133
2/22/17

I've been fortunate enough to get to eat some of the delectable foods made by this catering company. So fresh, and the blend of tastes is exquisite! Desserts such as Fresh Fruit Muddle, Banana upside-down cake, Chocolate Crème pies in chocolate almond crusts...Fresh crème almandine and pistachio filed croissants... and not just desserts! There was Creamy Cauliflower soup with celery root, Beet deviled eggs, Herbed goat cheese stuffed peppers, Sweet goat cheese sweet potato canapés with candied pecans and cranberry chutney and balsamic glaze, homemade chicken pot pies, Braised short ribs... These people know how to blend their herbs with their foods. I wish they could cook for me every day of the week!!!

kathleenh54
2/21/17

I replied an article offering rates 4 RI's top 10 dog trainers. I was given a "dog trainer" with at least 30 arrests/charges in 2015 including 20 counts of ANIMAL CRUELTY. Are you serious? Thumbtack's info on the guy stated years of experience and some kinds of certifications. False. This guys last known residence was a shed in the driveway of his condemned house. He locked dogs inside the house in inches of feces, without water or veterinary care. At the time, he was "boarding"and "training". The man the recommended is Gunnar Carlson. He has run various fundraising scams in RI for donations to provide veterans with PTSD a service dog. What he actually did was adopt dogs identified as too aggressive for adoption, then drove the animals straight to the disabled veterans and dropped the dogs off with promises to turn the animals to trained service companions over 1 1/2 years. He has been blacklisted by New England shelters. He now operates across the CT state line using new various "company" names.
CAN YOU IMAGINE THE POTENTIAL DAMAGE TO CLIENTS, THEIR CHILDREN AND THE POOR DOGS? He tells people he specializes in aggressive dogs. His experience is essentially the last 8-9 years since he adopted his first dog. Hell, with that criteria, I must be a master! We had a dog in the house when I was born. I must have 52 years of dog freaking training experience!

kennethv10
2/20/17

I just listed my business on this site and next I had customers coming in I tried Angie list but it takes seversl days just to figure out how to sign up oh best part no hidden fees and pick your own budget

jasonh152
2/16/17

On a scale of 1-10. I give Mr.Zoerner a 10 + ! His work is amazing an pricing more than fair.i had a 7× 13bathroom. Closets on both ends of walls. Took a foot off each closet, allowing more space to install a stand up shower with garden tub! My wife was very happy! An most of all, met the time frame I needed to have it done in.he even finished a day early.!I would recommend an have to anyone needing custom work or repairs. Thanks Mike!

ronr65
2/15/17

The electrician was spot on with the work I needed done to get power back to my garage and shop area. This past storm we had messed up the power going from my house out to my shop and I had no power to everything in the garage.I did not know what the problem was but the electrician can out the next day after contacting him and within a couple of hours found and fixed my problem. He fixed the issue and was very professional in his skills. Thank you Thumbtack pros.

bens158
2/15/17

One day a while back I noticed the company's truck on the road. It said, "we work with your budget". After talking with many companies to remodel our master bathroom over the past few years, I thought, why not call them and check out their work and their price. The others all seemed like good company, but the price was significantly more than the value their work would add to our home. After talking with the owners of RDA I was pleasantly surprise. Not only did their quote beat the others by a large margin, working with them was more than a pleasure. They're friendly, responsive, easy to work with and most of all, very honest. The best part was their work. All they did for us was top notch, excellent quality and very professional. They kept our home clean and straight as they did the work. Will I use them again, absolutely!

debraj38
2/15/17

Cutting Edge Home Improvement, LLC team has done several jobs for us and we liked their work so much my husband and I kept calling them back to do more! We were very pleased and would recommend this company. With many years of experience, they were very knowledgeable and it showed in their work. From a major job like a deck to smaller jobs, you won't be disappointed.

renees50
2/15/17

My kitchen was renovated by Tony Bryant Sr. He was very professional. He was on time daily. He was respectful of me and my home. I will definitely call on his services again and I will refer him to others.

gloriac53
2/15/17

Davis handyman home improvement done some work for me he is talented and experience and know what he is doing i was very comfortable with it, it was in my budget he refinished my basement hong drywall installed shower toilet sinck cabins and more he is very easy to work with is price or reasonable i would recommend to anyone

gregc65
2/14/17

We love JaniKnights! They do excellent work, are on time, have a multitude of options. Damon and his crew are top notch!

gregh72
2/14/17

I was a thumbtack pro and had over 25 5 star reviews and not a smidgeon less. They deleted my account because of an altercation I got into with my brother in law over 10 years ago. They never sent me my money back of all the credits I had on their site. Plus, they always fabricate ways to charge people more credits than they should. One day it's 4 credits, 2 credits the next time. And they partner with low ball competitors that use up all your credits in order for you to buy more. Stay away!!!

carlt285
2/12/17

We hired a contractor from thumbtack and everything started off great. Then the work slowed down and suddenly our contractor just did not show up. No contact with him as we called several times. Learned he had been picked up on outstanding warrant and jumping bail. His name was Ryan Utias.

Hired our second contractor from Home Depot. Much happier. We learned Ryan had scratched our new tub and installed the new tub fixtures wrong. All the texture work on the walls needed to be redone.

Do not go near thumbtack as there is no way they do background checks on their contractors and no vetting of ability.

If I could rate then negatively I would give them a -10

dl125
2/9/17

I was looking for a handyman. I have several rentals and needed one or 2 handymen to take care of my properties. When you go in and type what you want you do get responses but I think are automatic. I think the people that go on thumbtack can't get any other work. It's obvious that they don't vet the people which would help out a great deal. I actually met up with one contractor and he seemed ok but when I called his references they said he doesn't complete his work. Also, the first time I tried to call/text him, his phone was disconnected.

I'll never use them again.

liandan
2/9/17

Hi all,

My husband and I used this website to accumulate some more customers for our Construction business. We had some disappointments with the constructors that we used, therefore, some customers had to wait longer than they should. Thumbtack, without contacting us or warning us, decided to give them refund that they supposedly deserve, and without saying anything or asking us- what happened - just took the money out of the account that we used to pay for credits on the website. BE CAUTIOS AND DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE. THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER WITHOUT ANY WARNING OR A CHANCE FOR US TO FIX IT.

spamt
2/8/17

These folk present them selves as generating customers. I was charged $26 for one quote. The customer chose another provider. I've spend nearly$100 and I have one customer that has not paid me yet. I am doing better on Craigslist.

I spoke with customer service and all they could do was blame me. I get better value with the local paper, craigslist and word of mouth.

There are just a lot of "shoppers" who click off all the providers of service look at the quotes, Many never ask additional questions.

ook
2/7/17

SCAM ONLINE .This is just one of the scam online web-sites.Stay away,they don`t respond to complaints and don't investigate the frauds.

vona5
2/6/17

Thumbtack get's paid either way you look at it! the"pro"walks away with NOTHING and thumbtack gets paid either way!!!!
this is the EXACT same tactic used by another well-known scam company out of Colorado!
we experienced it firsthand!
my advice........ run and run fast!(if you can) and if you believe you have been scammed by this "company", contact the BBB immediately!

mentorq
2/2/17

Thumbtack is very unprofessional I will never go with Thumbtack I can go with HomeAdvisor Thumbtack also takes all charges you crazy feel like $30 to send a quote and you never get respond from the client

rexg3
2/2/17

They caused me to lose a $1400 job. N said they d fix it n never.said a supervuser would help me solve it. Been t days n no reply

evew5
2/2/17

I cant say enough good things about this company. The cost was reasonable and the job was done swiftly as promised. They did a totally professional job, working long hours to complete my project. When finished they cleaned up after themselves and left me with a beautiful backyard. Since moving to GA 4 years ago, I have struggled to find honest, professional workers for my many projects so finding Victors Landscapes and Tree Service has been an absolute blessing. Could not be happier with the job they have done and look forward to our next project!

ranas10
2/1/17

Joanie Keough Photography provides creative and professional shots! Joanie Keough not only made us feel comfortable during the Photography session, she offered expert guidance and direction while capturing amazing images of my husband and I. She selected a beautiful location for our pictures and orchestrated a series of candid poses that depicted our love story perfectly! I highly recommend Joanie Keough Photography and am overjoyed with the high-quality, digital images she provided. Joanie Keough is an extremely talented photographer, whose artistic eye is matched by her professionalism.

brianh198
1/31/17

I WAS a thumbtack pro for the last 2 years, I have spent thousands of dollars on leads and had over 20 different businesses join to them as well. I have over 160 positive reviews and only one review that was not 5 stars and even that one called thumbtack to tell them that it was a mistake, they were informed that it could not be taken down and that I would be shut down because of it. Now thumbtack has completely shut me down without even contacting me first. After talking to one of the phone reps I was told nothing can be done to reactivate it. I had my attorney look through all the thumbtack rules and guidelines and it does state that they can shut you down ONLY with probable cause in a written explanation. Well I never received one. That is a very very unprofessional way to run any company. I will stop at nothing to contact as many business that I know to make sure they give no more money to these scammers.

tylerj23
1/31/17

As a professional thumbtack has essentially stolen my money. Totally worthless. I have been contacted by nothing but scammers. After $80 in credits I have received no legitimate work and don't intend to give them another $40 to try. The only people receiving work via thumbtack are low bidding criminals that intend to steal your money!

diegov7
1/30/17

Thumbtack doesn't help you to deal with bad professional that does poor job, for example, I hired a professional to do an stucco work, and the pictures speak for themselves and thumbtack doesn't help you in any way. The professional that I hired goes under all the following names: DEMETRY THOMAS, LLC, DEMETRY THOMAS, STUCCO & RENOVATIONS llc, STUCCO and RENOVATIONS, Tabias Thomas. He went to my house I paid 500 dollars to fix a hole that it was caused by a lanai removal. Since I am not to knowledgeable, I paid him after the work was done hoping than with time the job will look good like he promised, but not it didn't.

The only solution that he gave me was to pay him 1100 dollars more to do the whole wall, he doesn't guarantee you what he does, and he just runs away with your money, and then doesn't care about the customer. After, some research (I should've done that before) he has two accounts in Thumbtack and it looks like every time that he gets a bad review he opens a new one. I got the quote from "STUCCO & RENOVATIONS llc." that one doesn't have any bad reviews, but the other one that he as does: "Demetry Thomas LLC". He is using the same license pictures in both profiles. BE AWARE OF THIS CONTRACTOR, if he does something wrong you will be in your own.

In the end I have to pay someone else to pay 500 for fixing what he did wrong now I have a good looking wall, I have pictures that prove all what I am currently saying, also I filled a BBB complaint, but I am not expecting much from this HORRIBLE CONTRACTOR, because like he told me "I don't care what you put online or in my profile". Probably, because he will just open another one.

47 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Thumbtack staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3 weeks, 1 day ago
Answer
thumbtackt
Thumbtack-Support -. [Thumbtack Rep]
A: We're excited to help you grow your business, Larry. When it comes to purchasing your first credit package, they tend to be more expensive then $10. This is because we give you enough credits for about your first 10 quotes. We've found our pros find more success with this when they are first starting out. You can see more information about this here: http://thumb.tk/firstcredits. Just copy and paste this link into your web browser's URL.
3 weeks ago