US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mikem465
1/21/17

BEWARE my experience with a Thumbtack referral has been a total nightmare. The "professional" they referred cost me $620. In losses commuting multiple illegal actions. He appears to be unstable and possibly dangerous. None of the claims made by their "professionals" in their profiles are verified by Thumbtack. Their definition of a "professional" to Thumbtack is anyone who wil pay their fees, no questions asked. When costumer service reps. are contacted they have no authority to do anything other than offering patronizing empathy and offer to mediate between victim's and their victimizing "professional". No one will respond to my questions.. No one at the company deputies my accusations or attempts to defend their clients obvious indisputable illegal actions. The " professional " stole my money and refuses to reimburse me. Considering their " professional " claimed to be a LLC and a trained mechanical engineer on his Thumbtack profile it was a surprise to learn he lives in a camping trailer at a local county park campground. The California secretary of state has no listing of the claimed LLC in their database. I'm certain this "professional" doesn't have the money to refund and may be violent if angered. I had a reasonable expectation that "hire with confidence" as Thumbtack promotes would be more than promotional empty lies.

kathleent24
1/20/17

I very much needed my gutters cleaned, especially on my aluminum patio cover. To my benefit Thumbtack came up in my search on line. Three people contacted me within an hour. The first to call was from George Barrett. He came the same morning, did a fantastic job, left nothing for me to pick up or throw away. He even had answers and suggestions for me to fix another problem I had. Don't believe I've ever had a better experience with calling and getting a repair professional, which he certainly was. Kathleen Tritschler

abbiek3
1/19/17

I am a model in the Bel Air, MD area and have had the pleasure to work with Jared Wolfe. His work is priceless and he is very nice to work with. I recommend that if you are ever able to shoot or work with him that you do! It will be a great experience and opportunity for you! He is one of the best in the area!

Abelina Kraus

tracyd49
1/14/17

Kelly did awesome job. She was flexible with our time changes.Her attention to detail was really impressive.

jimmyc65
1/13/17

Do not use thumbtack, biggest scam ever , customers never respond, you dont get the customers number , this place is a complete scam,
STAY AWAY

blandineb
1/12/17

I was a student dealing with hard times on word problem. Explaining a few examples helped me to enhance my algebra skills.

beths88
1/12/17

My husband and I had Firefighters For Hire finish off our basement, installing a full bathroom, a media room, an office, and a full kitchen, and they did an outstanding job. They also installed tile in our den, painted all of our interior walls on the main level and basement, installed a gorgeous backsplash in our kitchen on the main level, installed tile in our Master bedroom upstairs, and totally redid our entire master bathroom. They were professional, and made sure the job was done correctly. These folks do not take short cuts or do "Band-Aid" fixes, but if you want the job done correctly for a reasonable price, they are the best!

janetn23
1/10/17

Had a leak in the kitchen ceiling and wall after a bad rainstorm, Mr Tobler was prompt with an estimate and repairs. Replaced roof tile, drywall and painted. Very efficient and through, I can't tell where the repairs were made! Definitely will call for any future work.

jackieo14
1/6/17

The 5 stars are very much deserved. We had a Tuff Shed that we'd given away to someone who would dismantle it and take it and all the trash away. He made a huge mess, including wallboard and insulation we had in the shed strewn around the yard and the shed only half torn apart after more than a week. Enter In-Home Hauling and Nilton. They brought their big truck and between the two of them finished the demolition, took away the pieces and all the stuff we'd stored in the shed, and finished in a day--a pretty rainy day, at that. They even picked up little pieces from the lawn and swept and washed down the patio and driveway. It looks GREAT! They're worth every penny of the reasonable amount they charge.

christinel65
1/6/17

Elise has been cleaning our home for several months now and I would like to commend her on doing a terrific job. I've had several recent surgeries and cannot say enough good things about her and all the hard work she has done. She has truly been a godsend for me. Thank you Elise!

juliao15
1/4/17

They where polite and professional clean and did a beautiful job on my home

johnh644
1/4/17

Michael Brown with The X-tra Yard was hired by me to clean up and haul off leaves in my very large yard. He did an excellent job. Came the day he was supposed to come and was on time. He did go the "extra yard" to ensure we were satisfied with his work. We also hired him to come back and haul off a lot of miscellaneous trash around our house. Once again he came on the day he was supposed to and did an excellent job cleaning up around the outside of our house.

maryl307
1/2/17

Star Catering provides an opportunity for a beautiful,tasty and elegant dining experience. They are reasonable and ameniable to all requests.

danah50
1/1/17

Marti Dryk has worked with me on my dissertation for several weeks. She provides on target knowledge and skills to assist me with the completion of this daunting task. She is fun to work with, patient and uplifting.

dianab68
12/29/16

I needed someone to clear my driveway of 9 inches of snow. Eric did a fantastic & quick job!!

najonniel
12/27/16

Great plumbing jobs from ione of the top plumbers in the business, n my opinion. He did just what I ask and more. On time, and called ahead just as I requested. If I'm ever in need of a plumber, I'll always call LZJ PLUMBING SERVICE.

joelc53
12/25/16

Excellent service at reasonable price. Very knowledgeable in his field.

aurorac7
12/20/16

(Dallas, TX) Our garage door froze up in the middle of winter right before the holidays and we couldn't get our car out. Ruben Fuentes was over in a flash, gave us an awesome deal, installed a new garage opener in a heartbeat AND gave us advice on another house-falling-apart issue we were having. We absolutely loved him and only wish we had other garages that needed repairing. Thank you so much for your kind and professional service!

raquela3
12/18/16

I hired a terrible moving company that cancelled on me 3 hours before they were supposed to come. I used thumbtack and it got fixed in less than 30 minutes. If I knew about thumbtack before, I wouldn't have had to rent a van for 2 extra days.

davids643
12/17/16

The owners name is Rufus Banfield , he works out of lake nona and he is pleasant, polite and , a steady hard worker . he pressure washed my vinyl covered double-wide home, including the drive and side walks. all the trim and front door. his work is excellent to say the least and very economical!

Tip for consumers: none at this time.

ferroj
12/16/16

Hired a guy named Joshua yates from Thumbtack for bathroom tiling. He got $1500 from
me and left the work unfinished. And would not answer my call now. Thumb tack needs to know these guys are very unprofessional. Please be careful when you hire these guys. This happened in the Atlanta area. He also took few things from my garage. Can Thumbtack help me on this ?

chuckf15
12/16/16

TALBOT FOSTER LLC (Phoenix, AZ) is superior firm and represent above quality work in all phases of construction. Evaluating the scope of work and looking beyond and recommending solutions for potential 'problems' in order to save costly future repairs. Prices are very reasonable for the work being perform.

Chuck Fong
STACE HOLDINGS LTD COMPANY

lindad162
12/15/16

We recently had David Jewell and his team tile a backsplash and a bathroom floor in my new home. He and his team did a fantastic job. We couldn't be happier!!!

They are professional, dependable and gave me us a fair price for the jobs. I will definitely have them back for other tiling projects and will certainly recommend them to my friends.

Linda D.
Hollis, New Hampshire

heinza
12/15/16

The work that was done on our outdoor plumbing was executed with such PROFESSIONALISM and FRIENDLINESS.
The COMPANY WORKERS were there on time and went to work immediately. They quickly discovered and distinguished the problem .
After recognizing what was wrong they met with us a gave us several options in dealing with our problem . They took in consideration all the factors possible.. (i.e.) age of home,
location of the troubled area, alternative routes, future problems if not taken care of immediately and of course the most important our budget.
The company NEIGHBOR ROOTER SERVICE helped us to weigh out the best possible scenario and we went ahead and had the job completed by them.
Vincent worked quickly with his assistant to cleanly finish the work and let us get back to what we needed to do painlessly.
We are proud and assured to HIGHLY give our RECOMENDATIONS to their WORK and to NEIGHBOR ROOTER SERVICE !

H A
Los Angeles

gwendolynm6
12/14/16

Mitch has done numerous household jobs for me over the last few years, including plumbing and electrical repairs, painting, and miscellaneous odd jobs that I can't do. He is responsible, courteous, and reliable. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

44 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Thumbtack staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
jazzb2
Jazz B.
3 days, 9 hours ago
Answer
thumbtackt
Thumbtack-Support -. [Thumbtack Rep]
A: We're excited to help you grow your company. Registering your catering service and receiving requests from customers in your area are at no cost to you. The only time you pay is when you want to send the customer a quote and introduce your service to them. The cost depends on the demand of the job. You can see more information about how we can work for you here: https://www.thumbtack.com/pros/how-thumbtack-works. Just copy and paste this link into your web browser's URL. We're here for you if you need anything else.
3 hours ago
6 days ago
Answer
thumbtackt
Thumbtack-Support -. [Thumbtack Rep]
A: We're excited to help you grow your business. You can sign up and start receiving requests by following this link: https://www.thumbtack.com/welcome/. If you need help getting started, please give us a call at (800) 948-2034, we're always here to help.
5 days, 10 hours ago