Review of TaskRabbit

425 Second Street, 5th Floor
San Francisco, California, USA

ninab30
6/18/17

The person who came did the jobs well and I wanted him to return to do a repair on my fence. I gave him a couple of weeks to get an estimate, but never got back to me. I texted him with no response.

steveb275
6/14/17

Hire a tasker at your own risk. Mine hung a large mirror that fell off the wall a few days later. Mirror cracked and baseboards damaged. $381 to fix the mirror and $500 to fix the floor. TaskRabbit only offered me $381 and some offer of free takes for five hours if I use them within two weeks. I'm out $500 and the tasker still got paid. There is no insurance here and I had the same experience as another reviewer. Hire a private contractor that has insurance.

stephaniee10
6/14/17

Completed tasks over a week ago and still have not been paid despite client paying task rabbit for my services almost immediately after I had sent them the invoice. Also had no response to my emails. Will be cancelling account if and when I finally receive my money.

magicw2
6/10/17

Hello to all reading my rant. If you are loookig for extra money on Task Rabbit, you are wasting time. You show up to do do odd little jobs and might not get paid. These fools on the other side just want free favors and don't want to pay. They want 20 bucks to register for Task Rabbit and that is too much to charge for nonsense. BIG BIG WASTE OF TIME.

stacir2
6/10/17

HI I tried 20 times and different days to get my tv mounted and everyone was always too busy. Very unprofessional.

georgiab18
6/6/17

My girlfriends and I hired a guy in LA on TaskRabbit to move and hang a couple things. The platform of the app is easy and very convenient. The guy arrived on-time and was eager. He did a great job and for those reasons TaskRabbit is a fine service.

However, this guy was super attentive to all the girls. Definitely checked all of us out over and over again like almost to the point where he must have never seen females before. He tried to friend one of us on InstaGram and gave his cell phone number too letting us know that he does personal jobs on the side. He inserted himself in our conversations and in my opinion was overly friendly.

I checked out his reviews before hiring and they are all mostly great but I did think it was odd that his reviews have 99% women on them. Now after meeting him and watching his interactions it must be his goal to only have women hire him. Its more than a little unprofessional and weird that the handyman you hire comes into your home and is flirty and even goes to the lengths of offering private help and starts following you on a social media site.... CREEPY!

I know that "boys will be boys" but whoever thinks that a girl is going to pick up a guy from a website like this is hysterical to me! TaskRabbit should have rules for their hired help that comes to your home and ask them to be less sexually motivated!

jennyl86
6/5/17

Do not trust their happiness pledge and instead use a local contractor that is bonded and trustworthy. A tasker botched a TV mounting job in my home, rupturing a water line and causing me to incur more than $700 in plumbing and water damage repairs. This was clear negligence on the part of the tasker, as (pictured below) they clearly drilled through a nail plate and into a water line, but Task Rabbit has simply refused to pay for the damage incurred. After undergoing a cumbersome claims process, Task Rabbit finally proposed a reimbursement of $150, and is unwilling to provide me a number for the claims department or further explanation for why only a fraction of the damages will be reimbursed. Do not trust this company I am completely appalled by the lack of responsiveness, respect, and ethics.

yukom
5/27/17

I just used TaskRabbit first time and am very dissatisfied with Rhee worker. He was rude, keep defending himself for his careless mistakes. I won't recommend using TaskRabbit.

sajjada5
5/21/17

Filled to become a Tasker over 3 months ago not approved yet when asked always get same email back saying high volume people signing up causing delay come on its over 3 months already. took my $20, I strongly don't recommend also I will be filling complaint to the consumer affair.

lukask11
5/19/17

I've wasted way too much time on this site. I tried to book someone for house cleaning. You put in your address and get the message:
"Good news! TaskRabbit is available in your area"

Then you get to the point where you schedule the tasker and get this message:
"There are no Taskers available to respond right now who can help Today. Please try another date."

You can pick any day and any time and there are no Taskers Available.. A total waste of time.

I also tried this a year ago at my office to get some help with clerical work - same issue.

Reading the reviews from the Taskers - looks like they have customer service issues.

mikes544
5/18/17

I paid the $20 and filled everything out and decided to look at the reviews...WOW! This is a GREAT concept but clearly the people running it have let it get away from them and based on the reviews it doesn't seem it will last much longer.

hemas1
5/17/17

The tasker clearly mentioned he had power tools, in his bio, and I requested him politely to bring a drilling machine. He said he can't.

After a long drawn discussion, he finally just changed status to unavailable, without even apologizing for being unable to provide the service.

There's absolutely no place in the app for complaints or grievances.

It's just a big money making scheme.

sammys27
5/15/17

I used TaskRabbit and they have really horrible customer service! I prefer this other website called SoManyErrands.com (www.somanyerrands.com). They're pretty new but they have amazing customer service and the website is really fun to use. You collect points as you use their site and you can use the points towards discounts and stuff!

julieg128
4/24/17

I booked a large task two weeks out, with a check-in the day before, only to have the person assigned to my task cancel less than an hour before showing up. The person I'd hired didn't give me an explanation and once he canceled the job, and I wasn't able to ask why, as the chat feature disables once the job is canceled. Also, I am unable to leave a poor review since he never did the job. This "tasker" has 100% positive reviews, which is obviously completely inflated. I tried to find any sort of accountability on the tasker's end, but all I could find was the client's responsibility, which was to give 24 hours notice before canceling, or pay a one-hour fee penalty. In addition to the tasker being a flake, the customer service is a joke. They claim to respond to all inquiries in 48 hours, but I've heard nothing back since well past that timeframe. Outside of "emergencies" customer service won't accept chat or phone calls. I have zero confidence I'll hear back at all.

karenm324
4/10/17

Beware! I used them to move items from my apartment for a move. The two taskers had trouble with some larger items and banged up the walls and railing of the stairwell in my apartment building, causing over $600 in damage that I am now responsible for. Despite crowing about the 1 million in insurance for each Task, TaskRabbit has denied my claim with no explanation other than the property is "ineligible" (which is not defined anywhere). If you value your property and your bank account, hire bonded professionals.

traceym67
3/19/17

I've read a lot of reviews about TR and most of them were not favorable due to unreliable Taskers or errors in payment.

I should've listened. I used TR for the first time needing help moving a hutch from my storage unit to my condo (less than a mile away). I explained all of the details and chose a Tasker (Joshua) based on no. of tasks and his reviews.

We communicated back and forth and I said if he was not available to please let me know and I would make other arrangements. The night before the task (Saturday), he confirmed that he could meet at 3:15 on Sunday. Then I get a notification on the day we're supposed to meet that Joshua is unavailable and chat was disabled.

I am extremely disappointed especially since it's Sunday. I'm not using TR again only to have another person bail.

Listen to the reviews. Should be called "Flake Rabbit." Deleting app.

daniels259
2/27/17

I lost my job a year ago and thought I would you my many skills and talents helping others. Yet this company doesn't respect their taskers. I worked over a year with great customer ratings, then got popular and one Saturday I got 5 requests and could handle them. Some canceled and others I couldn't make it. TaskRabbit policy then froze my account and now I'm not getting any more task request. I wrote them 3 times to say I was overwhelmed that Saturday. They still didn't change and still left my account inactive. unbelievable they cant understand does more then 5 tasks in one day can be overwhelming. After a very successful year prior. BEWARE TASKERS

semv7
2/26/17

I lost my job and was looking for alternative ways to have an income, and so found TaskRabbit service. Got some hesitation to subscribe as they asking for SSN and whole business doesn't seems to be safe to give them a SSN. I red some reviews where people were hesitating about to start business with them. Yet I went forward and applied. 2!!! month later I was chnarged for $20 (background check) with no personal attitude, with no tasks. It became completely irrelevent for me. Now all fine prints says that all fees and charges are irrevocable. Beware.

johnr436
2/16/17

Poor website which means you can't book instantly for that day.

Terrible email confirmation of a booking (it did not even have the collection and drop off locations on the job confirm email).

No transparency on pricing - it is not clear that they will not do anything for less than a full hour's rate.

All in all, I would never use them again.

agatab3
2/2/17

The company seems impossible to contact. when a fee, tagged "task rabbit" showed up in my bank account, it was accompanied by a telephone number. When called - the number was DISCONNECTED. Unsavory business practices - that's all I have to say.

robinsone
1/25/17

Taskrabbit is one of the most elusive sites of communication for customer support. After paying $20 resistgration, they could not answer me with an expediency commensurate with gathering of my credit card information. And then nothing. NO BAD REVIEWS?
You haven't heard the last of them yet

jd205
1/25/17

My task rabbit canceled 8 minutes before task without an apology or any way to reach him or complain. Very bad, can't book anyone else within my needed time frame. Will never use again. Really poor service.

donnas175
1/12/17

I am disabled so when I first discovered TR, I was thrilled. I booked them several times to pick up groceries or run small errands. I have a smoker in my home so often I'll have them pick up cigarettes for them. Today I scheduled a tasker to pick up some grocieries and threw a pack of cigarettes on the list. As I had been advised by their customer service department in the past, I told the tasker he could check with customer service to verify my identity and age as they notated my account, The tasker said it was no problem, he would be leaving shortly to go get my groceries. We had a few chats in between and about the time I was expecting him to show up, TR sent me a message they I had cancelled. WTF? I called and was told that they couldn't deliver cigarettes so they cancelled the whole task. No phone call, just an email, after they cancelled, with a lame explaination. I had already waited an hour and a half and now they wanted me to reschedule to reorder the groceries and wait another hour or so. For $40 an hour, you'd think that would buy the client the courtesy of a little common sense and a quick phone call to at least give the option of fulfilling the rest of the task. Their timiliness, customer service and always increasing and very high hourly rates have finally become too much. As a customer who used to love the service, I can say they have deteriorated to the point I will no longer be using them. I am researching alternative services in San Jose, Ca, but I may just have to do without the extra little help.

junet11
1/4/17

I thought the idea of TaskRabbit was to make your life easier - subcontract out the tasks you don't want to do. But what happens instead is that you replace the task you didn't want to do with a HUGE HASSLE in dealing with TaskRabbit, and sometimes you end up doing the task you didn't want to do because you run out of time to find a TaskRabbit.
I used TaskRabbit on-and-off for a few years. In the early years, I loved them. Then they changed the process (and changed it again) and it has never even approached "okay" since then. All the "taskers" I've used have been between "adequate" and "great" (although I've heard horror stories), but I've also had multiple tasks canceled because the assigned tasker didn't want to do it, and sometimes I spent more time on TaskRabbit trying to get someone to clean my house than if I would've just cleaned the house myself!
The platform is horrible: taskers hate it, clients hate it... I have no idea for whose convenience any of this is designed.
Their customer service is unimpressive. After reading other reviews, I feel lucky that they even responded to complaints. I had one rep who was, um, not very bright, as she thought a $10 credit that was issued months *before* the task I was complaining about, was actually the $15 credit I had been promised. Yes, they have credited me multiple times for tasks that were overcharged, or just such an omnishambles that they felt they had to make it up to me. Again, judging from the other reviews, I'm the lucky one, in that I even got a credit for my fiascos. Still, I've decided that it's not worth the hassle of dealing with TaskRabbit - I'd rather just do my task myself, or take my chances with Craigslist.

tinar71
12/6/16

A tasker came to my home. He could not do any of the work. I was still charged. When I called task rabbit to request a refund, they said they would look into it and never did. They simply give you the run around and keep your money for an unfulfilled job. It's dishonest.

36 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TaskRabbit staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 4/11/17
on 4/10/17
on 3/22/17
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the TaskRabbit staff and other customers.

TaskRabbit?