US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

tm105
8/18/16

Athough TaskRabbit may be the idea go to solution for people on the go, they are lacking plain ole professionalism. Professional etiquette is of great importance not only today, but everyday. As a customer service applicant for TaskRabbit, I was put through a grueling interview process, I was asked to pick three possible time slots for each one of the 5 interviews I had. Not to mention that on my final interview I was asked to meet the interviewer in a lobby of a local hotel where he had to look for a "quiet" spot to conduct the interview and when it was all over, I had to pay parking. Here's a clue, when you are a company who is making millions, you should conduct yourselves as such. Your applicants are obviously looking for a job, considering there is no guarantee who you will select, let's make sure that are spared any expense. Paying for parking is only worth it if you know you are going to start work within the week. I have had the privilege of working jobs that require security clearance and have never been through such a exhausting process. I would advise that you narrow your interview process down to reasonable. The interview process was not only physically draining, it was emotionally draining as well. When you are in the hiring stages, your applicants hope to become employees. I think it is ok to stop your interview process before it gets to the level of obsessive. As an entry level employee two maybe three interviews are more than enough. Anymore after that should remain reserved for applicants seeking positions as executives. Last but not least, it was evident by the interviewers statements that I was not the one. As I previously mentioned the interviewing process was extreme, in that case once your selection has been made, extend a note of why this particular candidate was not chosen. A substantial amount of time was given to the TaskRabbit team over the course of two weeks, I don't think understanding what eliminated a top candidate is too much to ask. With that being said, when a up and coming business handles their internal affairs this way, it makes you wonder what makes best suited to serve the world externally.

jeannief1
8/17/16

Tasker had me answer millions of questions about my simple job of moving two paintings: dimensions, whether they would fit in an SUV, would I be there at the pick up sight, and on and on. At the end of about 45 minutes, he said he wasn't sure he would have either an SUV or a sedan to do the task.
I was infuriated. Why go through an interrogation for nothing?
UGH.

susang119
8/6/16

I assumed (incorrectly) that when you schedule/hire someone from Task Rabbit to perform a job that they would actually show up. Got a text saying they were too busy on another task and had to cancel. And that they would not charge me. How nice of them to not charge me for a service they did not even provide.

michellec144
7/18/16

Multiple times I tried to schedule a tasker... not one was available.The only person who said he was available (Gilbert M.) canceled last minute. Don't bother.

customerr1
7/2/16

We had a very bad experience with Tasker Santos C. We had to pick up three pieces of office furniture and move it to our house. Santos agreed to do this job and we scheduled at a time convenient for him. On the day of pick up, he was supposed to arrive at 10 am at the pick up location. When we didn't see him at 10:05, we called him. He apologized at that point that he was going to be half hr late. This was already unprofessional as we had to apologize to the folks at the pick up location who had to leave for another errand. We continue waiting until 10:50 and give Santos a call again, at this point he let's us know he cannot make it as his truck broke down! This was extremely frustrating as we planned this task 2 weeks ago! It was irresponsible of Santos and I will not recommend him to anyone. Task rabbit should hold responsibilities on ensuring tasters don't cancel task at last minute! Also please note, you cannot write a review on the Tasker once the task is cancelled!

jeanetter9
7/2/16

I scheduled someone to install a ceiling fan. $39 an hour, they rescheduled then cancelled 8 hours before. I went to repost and that $39 increased to $50, same person. I was given an option to have them find someone for first $30 an hour and then $60. I am waiting to see if they hit me for the minimum 1 hour since you are required to cancel 24 hours in advance. The tasker told me I had to cancel so I attached the emails. Ripoff!!!!!!! Contacting them is next to impossible you get shifted to their FAQ's and after a lot of digging you finally find a way to email them.

nm38
5/3/16

I applied to be a tasker on 1/5/16, the company stated that it only hires a small amount of the thousands of applications that they receive. So I waited & waited after several months I found a job and forgot about task rabbit. Oh but low and behold I see a charge to my bank account from the company.
I called the only number available for customer service and it turns out to be the emergency number. I stay on the line and tell the associate my issue. They quickly dismiss me and say that an email will be sent and my issue is not an emergency. I would love for that to happen to them and have someone tell them that same exact thing "I understand that we took money out of your account without permission but we don't consider it an emergency just wait for the email"

Then the company emails me and says it is for the background check I honestly do not remember agreeing to pay for my background check. I told them I am no longer interested in the job and to refund my money they wrote no can do because I am already registered
Okay so I said fine I might ad well attend orientation and take a job so that I may get my money back. But nooooo, the app that the have for IPhone is not trusted so unless you over ride the system and allow it to be accepted you can't use the app. I'm sorry that is a big red flag. If you are a reputable company why would your app not be trusted. So I will have to take a lost on my money & I have deactivated my account so I will not ever be dealing with this company again

susand101
3/17/16

Would not recommend TaskRabbit. I hired a couple people from there. Biggest problem is that the people who did the work enter and were paid for their hours without my approval. There is no mechanism for the person hiring to approve hours. Free for all on my credit card.

trishb4
1/2/16

I read about Task Rabbit in an LA Times article and logged in and referred them to a friend. I have used a handyman--and loved him so much he's been back three times. He is exceptional, very skilled and conscientious. And I used someone else to pack up my mom's place after she died. He was also good--had initiative and was responsive and flexible. My friend used someone to clean up her closet and was pleased. So I would recommend you to others, based on my positive experiences. TB

bobo28
9/19/15

It appears they fulfill a required service need, providing work for people who need the job.

ellenb13
9/15/15

I used Task Rabbit 3 different times when I was living in Los Angeles 2014-2015. Twice I used them for handyman projects and once to help me pack up for a move in July '15. I never had a problem with the 3 workers used. I wish they had Task Rabbit in Ft Lauderdale.

dissatifiedc
8/11/15

I hired a task worker to assemble a bed. I gave details on the size and structure (queen solid wood bed) the task worker accepted. He was courteous and polite however he requested I help him a few times. I could not with a 18 month old running around, besides if I could do it myself I would have. To top off the stress the headboard fell hard on the bed frame and it broke the headboard in 2 pieces. In summary the task worker went to the hardware store bought a few screws and hooks and pretty much screwed the damaged wood back together. Of course I allowed him to because I needed some where to sleep however I reported the incident and expected a resolution compensating for the damaged item . Taskrabbit only offered reimbursement on the services charged. I am currently now questioning what exactly was the resolution to my damaged item. I do not recommend them for any job and believe their policy & procedure in regards to damaged items is false advertisement.

kimberlym48
7/9/15

I applied to be a "Tasker" in Atlanta at least 6 months ago and STILL they are "too busy" to actually hire me to do 75% of the things they are looking to hire people for - that I am qualified or over qualified for. Serious WASTE OF TIME filling out all their crap.

debr330
5/26/15

tried several times to hire someone to hang pictures. Replies of "higher than normal requests, check back later". Done with them.

josephd49
3/30/15

I was tired of Taskrabbit taking such a big cut of my rate . I built a new app called "Dayworks "
Dayworks is free to workers and only charges $1.99 to hire . Right now it is just mainly for construction trade but more categories will be coming soon . We are available on Google Play and iTunes . You can also check out dayworks.net .

ciror
3/28/15

Did a move with them and I'm very sorry about this, you should try Job Runner.

jeng15
2/3/15

Horrible company to both the poster and the task worker. Micro management and rigidity make this company a total turnoff. Their new one sucks. Don't use them.....CL even before them.

odinp
2/2/15

TaskRabbit wants you to be a TaskPuppet as a tasker to take 20% of your money from your income as a self employee and profit from you. Expect you to be perfect to everything rating you on your performance in time of response, % of tasks you agree to and much more like if you are a robot who can teleport anywhere and do 50 things at once in their view in commitment to be their slave. Extremely annoying consistently sending messages of tasks wanted done even while you are working and have scheduled jobs already
without even being able to speak with the client for more info unless you agree to doing it first. 85% or higher is their satisfactory minimum on your work, they don't even care about you as an employee, are impossible to contact as a virtual company supposedly with an office in San Fransico, CA like if everyone lives there. They'll tell you you just got paid and still have to wait a week or so for it without any record of what the payment is for with just a code # on your bank account as direct deposit. Bull greedy unjust company without consideration to the worker. Greedy clients will also take advantage of you and expect you to be superman doing everything like if you even saw the task before or had time to choose the right solution and already have the equipment they didn't get to fix it.

miriame2
12/1/14

I ordered a Task Rabbit to come to my home on December 1 to do a serious cleaning of my refrigerator. I was notified that the young man I chose would be at my house between 1:00 and 4:00 p.m. He never showed up!

My partner and I spent about 2 hours cleaning out all the expired food from the fridge in order to streamline his task. His failure to appear left us hanging out to dry, so to speak. I could not find a phone number for TaskRabbit to complain.

Needless to say, I am seriously disappointed and don't plan to use their services again.

tinaw
11/24/14

I needed to have a boxspring hauled to the local dump so I posted a request on TaskRabbit. No one responded to my offer of $60, plus an additional $17 for dump fees. The dump is less than 5 miles away. Finally a kind gentleman on TaskRabbit was willing to haul it away for $100 + $17. TaskRabbit charges 20% which is quite a large cut. I decided to give Craigslist a try and found someone right away who offered to dump it for $40 total. TaskRabbit is probably better suited for when you need to read the reviews of the taskers, otherwise their pricing is not very competitive in the marketplace.

The TaskRabbit website is also a bit inflexible in functionality. I wanted to specify a range of time for the task, but you have to lock down on a specific day/time. I liked the original website, where taskers would bid on your task and you pick the best offer.

peters129
7/18/14

Check out www.bartersugar.com. It’s not gig based, but most of us can use the skills we offer on TR here instead.

paulb127
6/6/14

As a former Taskrabbit I can honestly say that I did work for a few nice people, but most were just looking to get work done at rates far below market value. many times I would place low bids on work (e.g. logo design for a sporting goods store at $300), only to find out that they expected to pay 10% of that.
Over all I would have to say that if I wanted something done, or if looking for temp employment I would go to Craigslist.

richardg53
2/13/14

The people doing the tasks are often paid less than minimum wage for the work, and people are so desperate for work, they accept jobs for too low. It's bad for the customer and the person doing the work

brianp38
2/12/14

TaskRabbit is a greedy scam of a Company which profits off the labor of hard working individuals by charging 20% off the top. I thought Real Estate agents were scum charging sellers 6% for doing almost near to nothing. TR beats this because they do absolutely nothing but bring two people together during survival times. I call it greed. Even credit card companies don't charge 20%!. Their motto is "Neighbors helping Neighbors" but since when do neighbors profit off other neighbors. Neighbors help each other for free and goodwill!

annec15
1/14/14

Their model is flawed because you cannot rate a taskrabbit unless they show up. If they stand you up, the job was never completed, so they can maintain their 4 or 5-star rating while you get the shaft. My experience: I always post a fee that works out to at least 25/hr for minimal skill jobs. My first experience hiring a TaskRabbit was great. My second experience was abysmal, because the person who accepted the job never showed, never contacted me, and never replied to my texts. I had a short window of time to get this done and was left hanging all day. Task Rabbit customer service said I could cancel the task and I'd get a $10 credit for the next job, but had no answer when I asked how can I add this feedback to the taskrabbit's evaluation. So ... buyer beware. Have a backup plan. You can't rely on a taskrabbit's ratings. (This one had done over 20 jobs with a 4.5 star rating.)

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TaskRabbit staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question