Review of TaskRabbit

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

sajjada5
5/21/17

Filled to become a Tasker over 3 months ago not approved yet when asked always get same email back saying high volume people signing up causing delay come on its over 3 months already. took my $20, I strongly don't recommend also I will be filling complaint to the consumer affair.

lukask11
5/19/17

I've wasted way too much time on this site. I tried to book someone for house cleaning. You put in your address and get the message:
"Good news! TaskRabbit is available in your area"

Then you get to the point where you schedule the tasker and get this message:
"There are no Taskers available to respond right now who can help Today. Please try another date."

You can pick any day and any time and there are no Taskers Available.. A total waste of time.

I also tried this a year ago at my office to get some help with clerical work - same issue.

Reading the reviews from the Taskers - looks like they have customer service issues.

mikes544
5/18/17

I paid the $20 and filled everything out and decided to look at the reviews...WOW! This is a GREAT concept but clearly the people running it have let it get away from them and based on the reviews it doesn't seem it will last much longer.

hemas1
5/17/17

The tasker clearly mentioned he had power tools, in his bio, and I requested him politely to bring a drilling machine. He said he can't.

After a long drawn discussion, he finally just changed status to unavailable, without even apologizing for being unable to provide the service.

There's absolutely no place in the app for complaints or grievances.

It's just a big money making scheme.

sammys27
5/15/17

I used TaskRabbit and they have really horrible customer service! I prefer this other website called SoManyErrands.com (www.somanyerrands.com). They're pretty new but they have amazing customer service and the website is really fun to use. You collect points as you use their site and you can use the points towards discounts and stuff!

julieg128
4/24/17

I booked a large task two weeks out, with a check-in the day before, only to have the person assigned to my task cancel less than an hour before showing up. The person I'd hired didn't give me an explanation and once he canceled the job, and I wasn't able to ask why, as the chat feature disables once the job is canceled. Also, I am unable to leave a poor review since he never did the job. This "tasker" has 100% positive reviews, which is obviously completely inflated. I tried to find any sort of accountability on the tasker's end, but all I could find was the client's responsibility, which was to give 24 hours notice before canceling, or pay a one-hour fee penalty. In addition to the tasker being a flake, the customer service is a joke. They claim to respond to all inquiries in 48 hours, but I've heard nothing back since well past that timeframe. Outside of "emergencies" customer service won't accept chat or phone calls. I have zero confidence I'll hear back at all.

karenm324
4/10/17

Beware! I used them to move items from my apartment for a move. The two taskers had trouble with some larger items and banged up the walls and railing of the stairwell in my apartment building, causing over $600 in damage that I am now responsible for. Despite crowing about the 1 million in insurance for each Task, TaskRabbit has denied my claim with no explanation other than the property is "ineligible" (which is not defined anywhere). If you value your property and your bank account, hire bonded professionals.

traceym67
3/19/17

I've read a lot of reviews about TR and most of them were not favorable due to unreliable Taskers or errors in payment.

I should've listened. I used TR for the first time needing help moving a hutch from my storage unit to my condo (less than a mile away). I explained all of the details and chose a Tasker (Joshua) based on no. of tasks and his reviews.

We communicated back and forth and I said if he was not available to please let me know and I would make other arrangements. The night before the task (Saturday), he confirmed that he could meet at 3:15 on Sunday. Then I get a notification on the day we're supposed to meet that Joshua is unavailable and chat was disabled.

I am extremely disappointed especially since it's Sunday. I'm not using TR again only to have another person bail.

Listen to the reviews. Should be called "Flake Rabbit." Deleting app.

daniels259
2/27/17

I lost my job a year ago and thought I would you my many skills and talents helping others. Yet this company doesn't respect their taskers. I worked over a year with great customer ratings, then got popular and one Saturday I got 5 requests and could handle them. Some canceled and others I couldn't make it. TaskRabbit policy then froze my account and now I'm not getting any more task request. I wrote them 3 times to say I was overwhelmed that Saturday. They still didn't change and still left my account inactive. unbelievable they cant understand does more then 5 tasks in one day can be overwhelming. After a very successful year prior. BEWARE TASKERS

semv7
2/26/17

I lost my job and was looking for alternative ways to have an income, and so found TaskRabbit service. Got some hesitation to subscribe as they asking for SSN and whole business doesn't seems to be safe to give them a SSN. I red some reviews where people were hesitating about to start business with them. Yet I went forward and applied. 2!!! month later I was chnarged for $20 (background check) with no personal attitude, with no tasks. It became completely irrelevent for me. Now all fine prints says that all fees and charges are irrevocable. Beware.

johnr436
2/16/17

Poor website which means you can't book instantly for that day.

Terrible email confirmation of a booking (it did not even have the collection and drop off locations on the job confirm email).

No transparency on pricing - it is not clear that they will not do anything for less than a full hour's rate.

All in all, I would never use them again.

agatab3
2/2/17

The company seems impossible to contact. when a fee, tagged "task rabbit" showed up in my bank account, it was accompanied by a telephone number. When called - the number was DISCONNECTED. Unsavory business practices - that's all I have to say.

robinsone
1/25/17

Taskrabbit is one of the most elusive sites of communication for customer support. After paying $20 resistgration, they could not answer me with an expediency commensurate with gathering of my credit card information. And then nothing. NO BAD REVIEWS?
You haven't heard the last of them yet

jd205
1/25/17

My task rabbit canceled 8 minutes before task without an apology or any way to reach him or complain. Very bad, can't book anyone else within my needed time frame. Will never use again. Really poor service.

donnas175
1/12/17

I am disabled so when I first discovered TR, I was thrilled. I booked them several times to pick up groceries or run small errands. I have a smoker in my home so often I'll have them pick up cigarettes for them. Today I scheduled a tasker to pick up some grocieries and threw a pack of cigarettes on the list. As I had been advised by their customer service department in the past, I told the tasker he could check with customer service to verify my identity and age as they notated my account, The tasker said it was no problem, he would be leaving shortly to go get my groceries. We had a few chats in between and about the time I was expecting him to show up, TR sent me a message they I had cancelled. WTF? I called and was told that they couldn't deliver cigarettes so they cancelled the whole task. No phone call, just an email, after they cancelled, with a lame explaination. I had already waited an hour and a half and now they wanted me to reschedule to reorder the groceries and wait another hour or so. For $40 an hour, you'd think that would buy the client the courtesy of a little common sense and a quick phone call to at least give the option of fulfilling the rest of the task. Their timiliness, customer service and always increasing and very high hourly rates have finally become too much. As a customer who used to love the service, I can say they have deteriorated to the point I will no longer be using them. I am researching alternative services in San Jose, Ca, but I may just have to do without the extra little help.

junet11
1/4/17

I thought the idea of TaskRabbit was to make your life easier - subcontract out the tasks you don't want to do. But what happens instead is that you replace the task you didn't want to do with a HUGE HASSLE in dealing with TaskRabbit, and sometimes you end up doing the task you didn't want to do because you run out of time to find a TaskRabbit.
I used TaskRabbit on-and-off for a few years. In the early years, I loved them. Then they changed the process (and changed it again) and it has never even approached "okay" since then. All the "taskers" I've used have been between "adequate" and "great" (although I've heard horror stories), but I've also had multiple tasks canceled because the assigned tasker didn't want to do it, and sometimes I spent more time on TaskRabbit trying to get someone to clean my house than if I would've just cleaned the house myself!
The platform is horrible: taskers hate it, clients hate it... I have no idea for whose convenience any of this is designed.
Their customer service is unimpressive. After reading other reviews, I feel lucky that they even responded to complaints. I had one rep who was, um, not very bright, as she thought a $10 credit that was issued months *before* the task I was complaining about, was actually the $15 credit I had been promised. Yes, they have credited me multiple times for tasks that were overcharged, or just such an omnishambles that they felt they had to make it up to me. Again, judging from the other reviews, I'm the lucky one, in that I even got a credit for my fiascos. Still, I've decided that it's not worth the hassle of dealing with TaskRabbit - I'd rather just do my task myself, or take my chances with Craigslist.

tinar71
12/6/16

A tasker came to my home. He could not do any of the work. I was still charged. When I called task rabbit to request a refund, they said they would look into it and never did. They simply give you the run around and keep your money for an unfulfilled job. It's dishonest.

jimr110
11/28/16

i'm out of work and i fill out the application and at the end i find that they want me to pay them 20 dollars application fee? I"M OUT OF WORK !! i don't have an extra 20 bucks to give to you so you can rip me off by taking 1/3 of everything i earn. if you thought the company store was gone, it has made a comeback. what a racket! you are supposed to pay ME not the other way around! understand?

jackiec71
11/26/16

I had recently moved, and was using task rabbit quite frequently for handy man work around the house. I was extremely disappointed to find out that most "taskers" were not experienced, and often dishonest about their capabilities. However, I was most disappointed with task rabbits overall lack of accountability when things went wrong. I had hired someone to install tracking for a sliding closet door. The person who accepted this task ended up unnecessarily ripping my newly installed carpeting. He assured me that Task Rabbit's insurance would cover the repair of my carpet. At first, task rabbit support was responsive and guaranteed that they would make this right. After sending them the quote to have my carpet repaired, they became impossible to get a hold of. Even telling me that they "don't have a phone number" and all support communication is done "strictly through email". That not only extremely inconvenient, but also hard for me to believe. After this negative experience and their lack of accountability, I will never use this service again.

elvinam
11/22/16

While some rabbits did OK jobs, I had several rabbits who arrived late to tasks which they signed up for and caused extreme inconveniences. Another rabbit was worse - basically leaves a task open for weeks and months and did not even respond to emails or inquiries until I contacted the taskrabbit customer service asking for refund. Task ended up not completed according to the request but I was still charged with the expense. It should be highlighted as huge warnings prior to any usage that the company does not offer any type or sense of liability or responsibility over the actual completion and/or quality of the completion of the tasks (making the system prone to rabbits taking advantage of this to get away with doing sloppy job). Also, the company does not allow tasker to write reviews on the rabbit who did poor jobs, they would simply remove the customer displaying any dissatisfaction with the service to avoid issuing refund or getting negative reviews.

catherinep29
11/20/16

We hired a plumber to fix a minor issue in our bathroom. Did all our due diligence by hiring someone with positive reviews and who was licensed.

We came home to find that this plumber had left the shower running ALL DAY LONG, causing massive flooding and thousands of dollars of damages in our home completely ruining our downstairs living room ceiling. We of course contacted Task Rabbit who claims to have insurance against these types of issues that were caused by their Taskers. After over a MONTH of waiting and emails, they claimed that it "does not qualify" under their insurance policy.

Let me make this very clear - Task Rabbit's "guarantee" or "insurance" is completely fraudulent. They WILL NOT protect you in the event that someone destroys your property. How on earth does hiring a LICENSED PROFESSIONAL ON TASK RABBIT, to do a simply bathroom plumbing job, who then proceeds to be insanely incompetent and cause THOUSANDS in damage to your home not qualify under their insurance? So what is covered, Task Rabbit?

Avoid this service at all costs. Their customer service reps may talk like they empathize, but the actual people in charge of making sure your home is kept safe and people are held accountable for damages simply don't give a flying f*!@.

Insanely disappointing.

zaraz2
11/6/16

I booked a tasker to assemble my flat pack yesterday. After 3.5 hours I was told that the cupboard was damaged and that he wouldn't be able to complete the task. My walls were damaged in two spots in the process. We both had to call a U.S. number who said they would be in touch and call us back. They didn't. I spent money on 4 calls to the U.S. Each time I had to explain the situation over again.
In the evening I exchanged 5 emails with a rep at Taskrabbit UK, who kept asking me for the same information, information that was documented on my chat with the tasker and including pictures. They kept sending me the same email over and over again, hardly changing it and told me that they weren't responsible for paying me back for the damage.
That's I would need to be insured. Why the help would I need to be insured for a flatpack??? I communicated that to the rep who still hasn't been in touch. I've sent 4 follow up emails. My cupboards were worth 3250 but that was apparently too much money for them to reimburse me for. I tried the emergency number this morning but the only options available are to leave a voicemail or send emails. Neither of which have got me anywhere. The service I've received has been nothing short of disgusting. Even after the tasker officially took responsibility of everything, they still won't respond and reimburse/ resolve the situation.

disseda
11/2/16

If you are a Tasker and have a sick kid, and have to cancel early more than a once or twice of times, a nameless person in Policies dep will politely fire you by email and you have no recourse. Even if you've done stellar work consistently, tough beans. Do No let TR be your only gig, bc though they have some pros, they have little understanding when it comes to such things. As they say, such conduct degrades the TR platform" and with their magic anonymous email wand the flow of jobs vanishes w no warning.

ibrahima114
10/31/16

I registered to start working for this web. They mention nothing about fees. I wasted an hour completing their questions. I am in need of a dollar to eat. At the end, they asked me for my credit card info to charge me $5 wil be refunded in a month. Why don't just deduct $5 from my first salary. Why don't they tell about the fee from the biginng before wasting my time. knew about them from Laura Shin who writes for Forbs online. I am very angry from this Laura Shin because she advertises for abuser without talking aout ther trick. But these people don't care about someone who has $5 because they make money about increasing their reader of us the poor people.

semrao
10/20/16

They lost my items and I was overcharged for the task. It has been 3 months since I let them now and they are thieves who is not replying back to me and returning my money back. Worst company ever do not work with them I recommend they create a department and call it customer support.

36 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TaskRabbit staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
lindar177
linda r.
on 2/18/17
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the TaskRabbit staff and other customers.

TaskRabbit?