US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

lorys2
9/22/16

I sent them my VHS tapes to convert (using a groupon deal) and they charged $160 more WITHOUT my consent. (Had my credit card on file). When I called they were extremely rude. Still waiting for a manager and I'm out $160!!
And the quality of the DVDs was TERRIBLE !

donnaz13
8/26/16

I had a groupon and thought I would try them out with a simple smaller project before I sent a bigger one with old slides. So glad I made that decision because with smaller project, they just added more charges to my credit card that they weren't up front about. Beware of this fact, they will add more charges to your credit card!!

rw45
7/18/16

They received my tapes and did nothing for more than 2 weeks. When I questioned customer service about it, I got some nonsense about how they had to secure (?) my tapes. When I complained about the fact that they were taking too long to even process my tapes, the response was to say "we clearly state it could take so many (don't remember the number) of weeks to process your order'. Well, it's the LAST time ScanDigital gets any business from me. And for all the time they took, the finished product was NOTHING special. Next time I'll use Southtree!

kayg23
5/14/16

I used a groupon and they make you put in a credit card number for "shipping" but they keep charging you more and more and there is nothing that you can do about it. You cannot remove your card information and they wont refund you. I placed a block on my card and disputed the charges with my card company.

This is a scam and the groupon is worthless and you will end up paying the full amount anyway

if36
10/17/15

I spent $700 to get my films and pictures on a DVD and it looks terrible. I called and they refuse to do anything to fix it. I didn't even get my pictures on a DVD which of course they said they would send to me. They didn't fix any of the old films to look better so the pictures probably look awful too. They are terrible with customer service and don't care to help you out in any way. They got their money and don't care. And to top it off it took over 4 months to get the stupid, worthless DVD. Worthless Company!

alizaa
10/9/15

I used a Groupon and carefully counted out my photos. They charged me an incredible amount of money and phone calls and emails still have not rectified the situation. I would never have used them at this price!!!

mjc5
9/28/15

Don't trust your slides to this company. If something goes wrong, they don't care enough to fix it.

I rarely write a negative review but in this case it is well warranted. Service from ScanDigital was attrocious start to finish and they did not even give me the courtesy of responding to my letter to them explaining all that went wrong with my order. Alaskans beware! If you don't live in Anchorage, you are in for an even longer wait for your order because they only ship UPS ground - which, contrary to the guarantee on their website, is not trackable in most of Alaska.

To start, took almost 4 months to complete the final of my three of my orders (all sent same day to them: 1 took about two months, 2nd took about 3 months). Despite trying to charge me three separate shipping charges (total of $75), and completing the three orders at vastly different times, they held all three orders until the bitter end and shipped all three together in one box. Total shipping I did end up paying $50, acutal shipping cost for the single box they shipped me $18 (I don't mind paying a fair handling cost but $30 is outrageous and $57 would have been robbery). Repeatedly called them during over the final two month period to find out where my orders were and was repeatedly told they would ship tomorrow. Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow...

When I finally received my orders, two out of three were about the quality I expected and I would not be writing this complaint if it weren't for everything else. But the third was complete garbage and is almost completely unusable even for cataloging yet I can't get a refund for the garbage. In fact, I had to manipulate one file so it would even load because it was corrupted off the disk (the scan on that one is half dark/half light). The quality of the bad order is like very poor quality copies from an old photocopier.

It has been almost a month since I sent my letter of complaint and not a word of response. Apparently they don't care which is the worst thing yet.

Image 1: corrupted file
Image 2: very poor scan by SD
Image 3: my scan of same file from years ago on desktop scanner. Much closer in color and everything to original slide.

patricias67
9/3/15

Used a groupon as others have. Quality was really bad. Film was about 45 years old so I didn't expect perfection, but much of it was so black I couldn't even identify who was in it. I think I could do better myself at no cost since I still have the projector, but wanted to save time. I ordered it 6/23 and received it 8/3. I feel as though I have thrown $300 away. Very disappointed. After reading reviews I see there is no sense in complaining to the company. They already have my money. Please don't make the same mistake I made. Read the reviews. I'm back to where I was, doing them myself.

lorim39
8/25/15

Do not use this service. Waited a long time to have my order come back incorrect (same 2 hours of video recorded over and over on 2 discs - 4 hours never copied), and I was over charged. The customer service rep initially tried to tell me what happened was impossible. Told me I could get a refund, then the next email said no refund. I agreed to have them redo it, since they would not offer a refund, and that took forever again, with no correspondence about the status of my redo. Redo quality was bad....skipping video that was not happening on original VHS. Had to email them in detail about the overcharge, and email them 3 times to get an response. They finally admitted to overcharging me (which I told them at the start of this episode) and and refunded me. They pretended to be customer service oriented, but there is NO quality control or satisfaction guaranteed as stated all over their website. DO NOT USE!

jacquec2
7/26/15

What a terribly run company!! Extremely expensive and slow. It took soooo many months to get my order processed. I had to call several times just to get them to do anything. Then I got my order and it was wrong. I had to send everything back and have them do it again. Many months and phone calls later, I get my order again. And one of my VHS tapes was damaged beyond repair. I called to complain but no one cared. Horrible, horrible, horrible company. Go anywhere else.

kathyk34
4/27/15

The service was quick but not real thrilled with an additional $19.95 charge stating that one VHS was too long to fit so they used 2 cd??? Also were 2 shipping charges for an additional $9.95 EACH Really ? I had to to pay shipping to and from? Never heard of a company that does not ship their items themselves.......not so sure about this, so my $29.00 Groupon turned into $59.00 deal. quite a difference for me .

joyd19
4/23/15

I was very impressed with the service from scandigital. they kept me informed of the progress by email and at my request held the DVDS, until I had returned from my holiday.am really enjoying the DVDS---much better than VHS tapes!!!m

brutef
3/2/15

Took FOUR MONTHS to get a refund processed from these people. They reply with flowery emails promising action BUT IT DOES NOT HAPPEN.
DO NOT DEAL WITH THEM!!

BUYER BEWARE

daniellem23
1/5/15

Terrible company!!!

I used a Groupon to have photos put on a CD, I am out of work at the moment so I thought it would a nice inexpensive gesture to have some of my moms photos put on a disc for her. Before purchasing I called and asked about how many photos will the Groupon cover. I was told up to 1000. I sent in about 200 thinking I would be safe. Apparently I was wrong... At checkout I had to make payment of $10 for a shipping label which I expected. What I wasn't expecting was that same card to be charged an extra $160 without my consent. When I called to cancel the order and get a refund they just kept repeating that they cannot refund me because services were rendered. So when I asked to speak to a manager I was told they were unavailable. A little later I got a call back from the agent I was speaking to saying that in good faith they will credit me 20%. Which is crap seeing as they withdrew my account so the 20% was just covering my overdraft fee. To someone out of work every little bit counts. I asked to speak to the manager again and of course they were still unavailable. I called back and low and behold still no manager available, how convenient.

To make things worse I received the CD and they claim if you bundle your photos they can make separate folders, which they did but they mixed up the photos in the different folders.

Now it's a month later and I still haven't received my 20%. I called and was told that billing is behind but they will expedite my credit since I called. Funny how billing wasn't behind when it came to charging my card...

susanf34
12/15/14

Will never use again, would not recommend. Customer service was poor, communications were slow and also conflicting amongst multiple people. Scared to even look at the quality of my dvd's at this point. Sent in 5 tapes (per Groupon) and one could not be used because it had "mold" on it. Ok that's fine - but don't charge me for TWO additional dvd's since one was over 5 hours, charge me for ONE, and how about a heads up before you go ahead and just take that incorrect charge out of my account?

How about giving me a call to resolve my concerns instead of responding to a negative review? When I asked to speak to a manager everyone was "in a meeting" and no one has reached out, yet someone sure is quick to respond to an online review. Just another example of poor customer service. Still waiting. . .

andrewm119
11/25/14

IMPORTANT. They charged my credit card without my permission and misled me on the estimated cost. They estimated the cost to complete my order and the final charge was $69 more than they estimated. Did they call me to ask permission? NO. Did they offer any solutions when I phoned them to discuss the charges? NO. I believe they are using the Groupon deal to drive traffic/customers...then charge them exorbitant fees to make more $$. It's really too bad as their work is quality, but based upon my one and only experience, they can't be trusted.

richardr48
10/6/14

Really bad company, We sent in movies back in July 2014 for a surprise 90 party for my Mom, they can't even tell me where they are, just praying they aren't lost. October,2014

yaseminc
8/27/14

You guys are AMAZING!!! I am so glad I found your service. I just wanted to let you all know how happy I am with my photo disc. The digital images look so clean and I can finally get rid of these bulky photo albums. I cannot thank you guys enough, but I will recommend you to all my friends and family!! My video tapes are next!! :)

Tip for consumers: From reading all of these reviews, I would suggest calling before sending in your stuff or taking the time to actually review their pricing page. I did not use a "Groupon" with my order, not sure what that is, but I can only imagine this would solve your problem.

jonb46
8/9/14

Totally unprofessional. Three attempts at the same material and still garbage.

I submitted a job to scan slides and they took over two months and came back not to my request which they had agreed; no cropping or color correction. Additionally the scenes were very dark.

I sent them back and they took another month and only rescanned 6 slides.

The third attempt and the scans have a heavy blue cast which is not in the original and they are also scanned too dark.

This service is exceptionally poor and they cannot perform the basic scanning service.

barbarah37
6/16/14

Using a Groupon, I sent Scan Digital many family photos to be digitized, including several 8x10s. Several weeks later I got back the disk. The photos were scanned improperly so they are all underexposed. But worst of all, they lost my irreplaceable 8x10s and they are not on the disk. Several calls to the company have not produced any result other than they "can't find the photos." This is a horrible company who pretends to give good customer service by including little thank-you notes with your order. Bull$#*!. I am heartsick over this.

susani
6/11/14

Don't want to bore anyone reading all these reviews but my story is basically the same: sent in 6 VHS, waited forever, got 6 DVDs and 6 VHS back but all were mislabled, unfinished, and one wasn't even mine!! Multiple phone calls talking to different people every time and they never found my VHS. Gone forever!! I hope Groupon knows just how bad this company is and never accepts an offer from them again. Horrible service, practically nonexistent customer relations, and LIES!!

treyh11
6/5/14

Though there was a hiccup with the application of a Groupon to my first order (quickly remedied with an email to them), I was very pleased with the service. The quality of the digitization of slides came back clean and crisp. I was impressed with the handling--slides were meticulously returned to the boxes in which they were packed. I received my DVD / slides back approximately within the 8 week estimate range.

Also, I apparently entered a digit incorrectly on my address when placing the order. Not to worry, I received a call on my cell that the package was returned to SD, and asked to re-enter or provide another address. Keeping track of priceless slides is important, to say the least. Even when I goofed, SD had my back.

Nicole at customer service helped me re-route my package and also correct my Groupon issue. Kudos.

wandaw4
11/25/13

I bought a groupon as well for 100.00 and just got charged 84.57 on my credit card with out authorization - mainly due to additional total footage on a reel. No notification or estimate of cost for processing - I could have completed the pictures on my scanner for $0.00 if I had been told. Was told by the customer rep - "its too late now because they do not know the costs until the order is COMPLETED" and I am stuck paying the cost. BUYER BEWARE - if you send them items - you had better have an exact count of pictures and film footage - otherwise you could end up with a huge bill in the end with no course of action. I will never use them again. There is no reason they cannot provide estimated/actual costs prior to processing unless they are out to intentionally rip you off which evidently they are.

elizl
11/25/13

I also had a groupon and was taken in by their "no need to count or sort, just estimate the box size you send in." So, I send my stuff in expecting them to give me some sort of estimate. I figured the negatives were going to be about $.70 each and I was prepared for that. The next thing I knew, they had charged my credit card $1200 (that is in addition to the $300 groupon I had!). I called and they told me that I "should have used the negative calculator" and they wouldn't give me back my stuff because the work was already done. It took me forever to get a breakdown of the costs only to find out that very few of my pictures were charged at the .70 a picture price. Every time I called, I was told it is clear on the website and it was my fault. When I suggested that they send an email confirmation and estimate for large orders, I was told that they couldn't possible do that. When I finally got the money together, I did get my stuff back and it was good quality. But Buyer beware!!

williaml40
10/17/13

after purchasing groupon for $250 worth of services I sent in my film reels about 15 total....6 weeks later i get billed for $400 on my credit card...totally unacceptable....They never once gave me an estimate or let me know that the groupon would not cover the full cost...BUT HAD TIME TO EMAIL ME WITH MORE COUPON OFFERS...TOTAL RIP-OFF....I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIN....

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ScanDigital Photo Scanning staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
5/7/12
Add your answer
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the ScanDigital Photo Scanning staff and other customers.

7 Photos for ScanDigital Photo Scanning