Review of Rakuten

Shinagawa Seaside Rakuten Tower, 4-12-3 Higashishinagawa, Shinagawa-ku
Tokyo, Tokyo 140-0002, Japan

steves400
9/21/17

I live in Tampa and somehow I received the same number as Rakuten. I'm going to try to get this resolved with my carrier. I would try to contact online for customer service. Just a heads up.

adamk108
8/16/17

They sent me the wrong chair, Have not replied to any messages I have sent them as well. I have tried posting a few 5 times already every two weeks and nothing ever gets posted. I bought one of these chairs before loved it and thats why I bought another one. They sent me something different and I hate it. I will not buy from them again period.

Tip for consumers: Dont they wont contact you back to try and fix the problem.

connorr11
7/7/17

I will never again be doing business with Rakuten. Their address verification thing is horrible, it took me so many tries for me to finally contact them and verify my address. The support I received was terrible, and it was uneccessarily stressful trying to get through to them. My package, for some reason, was not delivered to my address, and nearly sent back because of "insufficient address information". Luckily, I was able to get to the post office and pick it up, but not without struggle. So, thanks Rakuten for my worst online shopping experience ever. To anyone considering purchasing something through them, save yourself the trouble and stress and don't buy from them.

nicoler108
6/27/17

Poaching for ivory drives the slaughter of as many as 30,000 elephants yearly. Rakuten, still allows the sale of legal ivory on its platform. These sales mean elephants will continue being poached for profit.

valeriyap2
6/25/17

Don't know why all review is bad, I'm happy with Rakuten my all order was shipt Good price 5 , my kids happy and I planing to order more and more !!!!!

chipr4
4/18/17

I have written the below three times and no response.

This is the third time I've emailed the below. Do you just not care? I would really appreciate a response from you before I
spend an entire day giving you poor but honest reviews on social media.

I ordered Unique Bargains 20mm x 40mm Plastic Oval Blanking End Caps Bung Tubing Tube Inserts 24 Pcs over 10 days ago through
you (third party seller) on Sears.com. My credit card was charged on April 8 however I have received no email confirmation and
haven't received the product ordered. I contacted Sears.com and they have no record of my order.

My company drop ships footwear and we ship out the orders the same day received.

Losing $6.61 is not the end of the world and judging from online reviews I am not alone is having this happen with your company. I
did contact American Express and filed a dispute just due to principle but remain very disappointed with your company and online
website. I feel it's my duty to warn others as well as to complain directly to Sears.

vielisas
3/20/17

I bought a shirt from them. Was given a tracking number and then all of a sudden was given a refund without even telling me why. I feel like if I hadn't used PayPal this site would have stolen my credit card information.

briank98
1/4/17

Ordered a pots * pan set that was coming from a 3rd party - Tradebuy. I got an update that the order shipped on December 25th. I emailed Tardebuy through the Rakuten site, Tradebuy never got back to me!. I contacted Rakuten and complained. They contacted Tradbuy and found out that the item never shipped even though they already charged me. they also cancelled the order and were only giving me a refund because I followed up! Two lousy sites Tradebuy and Rakuten

melodys22
12/18/16

Bought refrigerator filters. Arrived quickly and in exact detail as website listed. I would buy from again.

Melody Solis

joj104
12/8/16

WOW, where to begin! Ordered Samsung 500g EVO SSD. The marketplace seller was DELL. They never shipped it! I opened a ticket and it went unanswered! I opened ticket with google and 5 days later Rakuten cancelled my order and Google told me the dont support closed orders right after. But Google said good news! You were refunded your money! Oh yea? Thats the good news???? How about the SSD is now $70 more everywhere and I needed it yesterday!? DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!!!!!!!! NO MATTER HOW GOOD THE DEAL IS!!!!

lulub5
12/6/16

I have been a shopper of Rakuten in the past.
Liked the items, good quality and priced right.

LuLu

eronu
10/11/16

It made easier for me to order something from Rakuten when I read reviews here.

christopherj51
8/15/16

It's a one-man operation which I gave more than a few chances to get it right you have to hunt that one person down best for him to make up an excuse or tell you you have to go to the actual manufacturer he does not honor the warranty that you purchase I wouldn't recommend to an enemy however if you still feel compelled please please be careful when shopping on this site and don't try to buy an expensive item because when it doesn't work out which none of his 3rd class refurbished does will be pissed

wallyh7
6/25/16

First off, I wished I had read some of these reviews before placing a order on Rakuten. Apparently, Rakuten has all-around bad customer service and items might not come in good condition or become delayed indefinitely. Even worse, in the mid to late 2013s, various customers reported credit card fraud after entering their credit card information into Rakuten. Various purchases were made in various locations without their knowledge!

From my personal experience, the site leaves little to be admired. I attempted to order an item but after entering my card's information and proceeding to checkout, Rakuten hits me with "Sorry, you cannot continue shopping due to the system error. Please go back to Shopping Cart and order item again." I went to order my item again. Again, I got "Sorry, you cannot continue shopping due to the system error. Please go back to Shopping Cart and order item again." At this point, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and gave up on ordering any more.

Later, I found the order history page and realized it showed 2 orders of the same item. Huh? Didn't my orders fail due to some system error? Somehow, I might've order duplicates of an item simply because of Rakuten's supposed "system error".

Though miffed, I decided to take this as a lesson learnt. Always look at the reviews of an online platform before making a purchase. I just hope for all our sakes, that Rakuten has cease the credit card frauds of past incidents.

bobbiejom
6/14/16

Malaysian Rakuten is just like Russian USBARGAINONLINE! The are both crooked retail internet sites that take your money and run! Since both of the sites are based off shore they know that once they run your credit card their is NO WAY to get your money back. None of the credit card companies will help either because left the USA to do business. That is why terrorist groups place fake police equipment orders in the thousands of dollars with stolen credit card numbers(Usually Unknowing and Honest Tourists) and steal the product while the vendor gets Zero! So read many different reviews from different sites before you do business with an off shore company! Stay Safe and Shop Smart and remember they think of you as the GREEDY STUPID AMERICAN INFIDEL MORON!

dennisz11
6/9/16

Ordered a new cell phone for my wife's birthday gift. 4 day past without receive shipping notice. Check the status, it indicated as "cancelled" . But they don't even bother to notify me it was cancelled.

Asked customer service, the response - "Your order was cancelled by our system automatically for issues relating to the information on your order. This can be for a variety of reasons, from the improper inputting of a verifiable address to not having your billing information match up to the information recorded with your financial institution."

I do have a screen print of my order input. Nothing wrong include credit card number. The true reason? $10 increase of the phone happened that day after I put the order.

What I ask is to send your customer a cancel notice. If you are too ashamed to send the notice, your conscious tell you something wrong of your business handling.

edwardh62
5/20/16

Placed 4 items totally.
1. they cancelled one of the item without any reason ( found out they raised $10 for the price on that item later ). the worst thing is they still charged on my credit card.
2. One of the items, Raukten and seller both charged me for the same shipment. Try to contact Raukten by email, but they only kept saying they had to charge me once the item was shipped ?? Tried to explain the seller charged me already, but no one listen and no one care either.
3. one of the items-Fingertip Moistener 3/8 oz, the seller put ( set of 4 ) on the item. But only receive 1 per set. ( I ordered 2 sets for $10.06 ) Turned out I had to spent $4.50 to return it because I really don't want them to get the business from the deceiving advertisement on their item. I emailed Raukten to request the seller take the wording ( set of 4 ) from their item page, but never heard from them since either.
Conclusion :
1. Raukten has no control of their seller at all. Not safe to shop from them. You won't have any protection like Amazon.
2. Raukten did not offer customer support and service.
I spent lot of works on disputing the payment with my credit card company. NO MORE - RAUKTEN.

rt26
5/9/16

I ordered an item through Rakuten in a promotion. The item was very pricey but I was told I'm going to get super (loyalty) points for my purchase.
But they did not added the points to my account. So I emailed them and they told me that I have to wait up to 16 days to get my points.
I waited for few weeks and when I came back to make another purchase, I saw that the loyalty points are already expired. They added to my account without any alert and it was available only maybe for a week.
I was very disappointed so I emailed them again but the nice lady just kept telling me that she can't do anything and it was my fault that I did not check their website every day.
I have to say this is the worst customer service I have ever received!
Even the Chinese sellers from eBay and Ali express are more helpful than this company.
Their Terms and condition did not mention the 16 days waiting time so they definitely play for that you are going to forget about your points.
I feel scammed and I'm going to avoid any future purchase from Rakuten.
And I advise the same to you. They play a shady game with their super points.

julianag4
5/3/16

I purchased a storage bench and it's beautiful as well as useful for storage. Great service!

ericab31
4/21/16

The Best Place so far to shopping online

byrond6
4/10/16

Purchased a Kohler kitchen sink. It arrived in an opened box with no protective packaging. Clearly, this sink had been returned. I am having it installed and will report if there is damage that I cannot see at present.

thomasm144
4/4/16

My experience with Rakuten started when I was searching for a camera for my wife, this particular camera averaged $750.00 for the camera alone. I stumbled across Rakuten and searched reviews, which were all positive. Rakuten offered the same camera for $680 and a whole accessory kit with it!

Upon checking out I recieved a notice that they would take $80 off my order for opening a credit card with them. Of course I did it. All together a recieved an amazing deal, and on top of that the credit company called me and wanted to confirm that I made the order before they charged me, which I was happy to know that their security was so vigilant.

My wife loves her camera and accessories. So the very least I can do is highly recommend Rakuten. It's a basically unknown company, but from my experience, a great one.

dixiem1
4/1/16

Bought a computer from Rakuten which was sold by Cameco. After 2 months hard drive failed and they would not replace even though under warranty. Also took for ever for them to send computer after I placed the order. I had to threaten cancelling order before they would send it.
I have contacted Rakuten and Cameco and neither one are of any help. Avoid and order from Amazon. They have great customer service.

qp4
3/18/16

Ordered merchandise, one item for $68 with $5 shipping. Heard nothing for two weeks. Contacted sales, they said the reseller reported "will pull from inventory and ship tomorrow." Week went by, no product. Contacted reseller, they said that they were no longer affiliated with Rakuten.

Boils down to Rakuten taking my $73 for an order they knew could never be fulfilled. Requested an order cancellation and refund, all I hear are crickets.

sherryw23
3/18/16

Placed an order with Rakuten on 3/10/16 expected delivery by 3/18/16 since I spent the money to expedite my order. I e-mailed them with no response . Found out the reason it never shipped but no one got in touch with me about the problem which could have been fixed immediately. I called and they were not concerned at all , didn't even try to help. I will never deal with Rakuten again.

50 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I was told I would get a full refund. I did not. I purchased a refurbished product, which according to their customer service did not go through the entire refurbishing process. The product was inferior. I was lied to.

By steve g. on 12/4/15
Helpful answer

I can't tell you I would buy again. I had no help from rakuten when needed. They said they are not responsible for the sellers since they work as an online shopping center. I would suggest you buying at Amazon. I never had problems with them. Regards

By Carla V. on 10/1/15
Helpful answer

I can't answer about the owner ripping people off. All I know is I have ordered from Rakuten numerous times and have nothing but praise for them. I haven't read the bad reviews but I've gotten nothing but good products.

By Sandra H. on 11/30/15
Helpful answer

Worse on-line company I've ever dealt with. I also wished I'd seen the reviews before ordering. I placed 2 orders the same day for the same item [2 different delivery addresses]. Item showed in stock. Two days later I get 2 emails [1 per order] saying items had shipped. 3 days later no tracking # is showing so I contacted the vendor [Tradecozone] to get one. 2 days after that I had still not heard back so I contact Rakuten. All I got from Rakuten is a email saying I was being refunded on my 1st order. Since then I've emailed Rakuten 3 times, Tradecozone once more, and left a voice message with Rakuten. I also kept getting told by Rakuten I needed to get with the vendor. Why? I ordered from Rakuten it should be their problem to get taken care of instead of making me do all the work. A week later and I still can't get a response from either. I have no idea what's going on with the 2nd order. If the item was out of stock, why did it show shipped? If out of stock then where's my email about a refund? If out of stock why did they deduct money from my account? Where's the refund? Did the 2nd order really ship or not? If shipped, where's my tracking number or better yet, where's my item? It took forever to get that refund.

By Tammy B. on 5/17/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Rakuten staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Rakuten