US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sandrah38

I have only had to contact customer service once and they took care of my problem immediately. (in 23 reviews)

lindseym32

Much to my surprise, I received the first item only days after placing my order! (in 50 reviews)

thomasm144

Upon checking out I recieved a notice that they would take $80 off my order for opening a credit card with them. (in 8 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

wallyh7
6/25/16

First off, I wished I had read some of these reviews before placing a order on Rakuten. Apparently, Rakuten has all-around bad customer service and items might not come in good condition or become delayed indefinitely. Even worse, in the mid to late 2013s, various customers reported credit card fraud after entering their credit card information into Rakuten. Various purchases were made in various locations without their knowledge!

From my personal experience, the site leaves little to be admired. I attempted to order an item but after entering my card's information and proceeding to checkout, Rakuten hits me with "Sorry, you cannot continue shopping due to the system error. Please go back to Shopping Cart and order item again." I went to order my item again. Again, I got "Sorry, you cannot continue shopping due to the system error. Please go back to Shopping Cart and order item again." At this point, I decided it wasn't worth the hassle and gave up on ordering any more.

Later, I found the order history page and realized it showed 2 orders of the same item. Huh? Didn't my orders fail due to some system error? Somehow, I might've order duplicates of an item simply because of Rakuten's supposed "system error".

Though miffed, I decided to take this as a lesson learnt. Always look at the reviews of an online platform before making a purchase. I just hope for all our sakes, that Rakuten has cease the credit card frauds of past incidents.

bobbiejom
6/14/16

Malaysian Rakuten is just like Russian USBARGAINONLINE! The are both crooked retail internet sites that take your money and run! Since both of the sites are based off shore they know that once they run your credit card their is NO WAY to get your money back. None of the credit card companies will help either because left the USA to do business. That is why terrorist groups place fake police equipment orders in the thousands of dollars with stolen credit card numbers(Usually Unknowing and Honest Tourists) and steal the product while the vendor gets Zero! So read many different reviews from different sites before you do business with an off shore company! Stay Safe and Shop Smart and remember they think of you as the GREEDY STUPID AMERICAN INFIDEL MORON!

dennisz11
6/9/16

Ordered a new cell phone for my wife's birthday gift. 4 day past without receive shipping notice. Check the status, it indicated as "cancelled" . But they don't even bother to notify me it was cancelled.

Asked customer service, the response - "Your order was cancelled by our system automatically for issues relating to the information on your order. This can be for a variety of reasons, from the improper inputting of a verifiable address to not having your billing information match up to the information recorded with your financial institution."

I do have a screen print of my order input. Nothing wrong include credit card number. The true reason? $10 increase of the phone happened that day after I put the order.

What I ask is to send your customer a cancel notice. If you are too ashamed to send the notice, your conscious tell you something wrong of your business handling.

edwardh62
5/20/16

Placed 4 items totally.
1. they cancelled one of the item without any reason ( found out they raised $10 for the price on that item later ). the worst thing is they still charged on my credit card.
2. One of the items, Raukten and seller both charged me for the same shipment. Try to contact Raukten by email, but they only kept saying they had to charge me once the item was shipped ?? Tried to explain the seller charged me already, but no one listen and no one care either.
3. one of the items-Fingertip Moistener 3/8 oz, the seller put ( set of 4 ) on the item. But only receive 1 per set. ( I ordered 2 sets for $10.06 ) Turned out I had to spent $4.50 to return it because I really don't want them to get the business from the deceiving advertisement on their item. I emailed Raukten to request the seller take the wording ( set of 4 ) from their item page, but never heard from them since either.
Conclusion :
1. Raukten has no control of their seller at all. Not safe to shop from them. You won't have any protection like Amazon.
2. Raukten did not offer customer support and service.
I spent lot of works on disputing the payment with my credit card company. NO MORE - RAUKTEN.

rt26
5/9/16

I ordered an item through Rakuten in a promotion. The item was very pricey but I was told I'm going to get super (loyalty) points for my purchase.
But they did not added the points to my account. So I emailed them and they told me that I have to wait up to 16 days to get my points.
I waited for few weeks and when I came back to make another purchase, I saw that the loyalty points are already expired. They added to my account without any alert and it was available only maybe for a week.
I was very disappointed so I emailed them again but the nice lady just kept telling me that she can't do anything and it was my fault that I did not check their website every day.
I have to say this is the worst customer service I have ever received!
Even the Chinese sellers from eBay and Ali express are more helpful than this company.
Their Terms and condition did not mention the 16 days waiting time so they definitely play for that you are going to forget about your points.
I feel scammed and I'm going to avoid any future purchase from Rakuten.
And I advise the same to you. They play a shady game with their super points.

julianag4
5/3/16

I purchased a storage bench and it's beautiful as well as useful for storage. Great service!

ericab31
4/21/16

The Best Place so far to shopping online

byrond6
4/10/16

Purchased a Kohler kitchen sink. It arrived in an opened box with no protective packaging. Clearly, this sink had been returned. I am having it installed and will report if there is damage that I cannot see at present.

thomasm144
4/4/16

My experience with Rakuten started when I was searching for a camera for my wife, this particular camera averaged $750.00 for the camera alone. I stumbled across Rakuten and searched reviews, which were all positive. Rakuten offered the same camera for $680 and a whole accessory kit with it!

Upon checking out I recieved a notice that they would take $80 off my order for opening a credit card with them. Of course I did it. All together a recieved an amazing deal, and on top of that the credit company called me and wanted to confirm that I made the order before they charged me, which I was happy to know that their security was so vigilant.

My wife loves her camera and accessories. So the very least I can do is highly recommend Rakuten. It's a basically unknown company, but from my experience, a great one.

dixiem1
4/1/16

Bought a computer from Rakuten which was sold by Cameco. After 2 months hard drive failed and they would not replace even though under warranty. Also took for ever for them to send computer after I placed the order. I had to threaten cancelling order before they would send it.
I have contacted Rakuten and Cameco and neither one are of any help. Avoid and order from Amazon. They have great customer service.

qp4
3/18/16

Ordered merchandise, one item for $68 with $5 shipping. Heard nothing for two weeks. Contacted sales, they said the reseller reported "will pull from inventory and ship tomorrow." Week went by, no product. Contacted reseller, they said that they were no longer affiliated with Rakuten.

Boils down to Rakuten taking my $73 for an order they knew could never be fulfilled. Requested an order cancellation and refund, all I hear are crickets.

sherryw23
3/18/16

Placed an order with Rakuten on 3/10/16 expected delivery by 3/18/16 since I spent the money to expedite my order. I e-mailed them with no response . Found out the reason it never shipped but no one got in touch with me about the problem which could have been fixed immediately. I called and they were not concerned at all , didn't even try to help. I will never deal with Rakuten again.

starlynd
3/17/16

Where should I even start? Customer service is terrible except one women. They hung up on me about 2 times. I ordered an item and on the website it said 7 items left, so I payed for it. about 3 weeks later (Yesterday) wondering where my item is and why it has not been here yet, I call Rakuten and they tell me that my item was out of stock. Plus, they kept my money instead of sending it back! Not only are they liars, but also money hungry!

brandonl34
3/8/16

i ordered 6x9 speakers, a stereo, and an hdmi cord. i put the "rewardme" promo code in to get 5% off and that didn't work. and they bold face lied to me in an email saying it would show up later, it didn't! a few days later they send me an email saying they didn't check inventory on the speakers when i bought it and never updated the availability on their dilapidated web site. so they gave me a refund. then the stereo arrived and it was defective not being able to read my ipod which it was intended to do. now i can't get a hold of them for a RMA for a refund. i have left multiple emails with no response. they then send me an email asking me to review of their business and product (hdmi cord) of which i never received. what's the point of $#*!ing at them any more when other people need to know about their lack of ethics or accountability because they don't care. next stop is BBB and then my credit bureau to dispute charges.

Tip for consumers: DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH RAKUTEN.COM

jayh54
3/3/16

I have ordered several items from this company and it was all well handled.

constantinel
2/23/16

never recived item and they never reply to my email.

michaelk142
2/23/16

ordered one item and its has been 25 days now and they still havent sent it.. I emailed them and called them and they havent responded or answered... AVOID THIS COMPANY ALL THEY DO IS SCAM PEOPLE

hl36
2/15/16

Anyone would like to post comments about Rakuten closing down its marketplaces in Malaysia, Singapore and Inoonesia? Visit the https://www.facebook.com/RakutenMalaysiaSingaporeIndonesiaClosure

kukk1
2/12/16

ordered 1 item and never received, no one answers the phone or calls back. AVOID. Never ever again.

sheilas41
2/9/16

I made a first time purchase with this company and was very apprehensive since it was a fairly large purchase. I couldn't be more pleased. The item was delivered in less than a week, in good condition and no problems whatsoever. I would most certainly try them again in the future. Their price for the product was exceptional and shipping was free.

whg1
2/2/16

This website sells OEM or non-authenticated brand name product at regular price. When issue arises, they disappeared conveniently. Also they do NOT accept or post negative reviews. It's like a scam artist.

moeuns
2/1/16

I found that the prices on electronics are cheaper on this site than on Amazon. They also have really good daily sales on their homepage.

miket113
1/18/16

Bought a camcorder for my sister and it didn't work sent several emails to them to try to get it exchanged with no response whatsoever. Terrible customer service!! terrible product!!

mommar
1/14/16

First of all it took 6 weeks to get some supplements I ordered. When they finally came it was the same product I ordered nor was it the same number of capsules I ordered/paid for. After 5 emails and 3 attempted phone calls I can't get anyone to call me back or refund my money. Never again. Avoid this place!

bobz13
1/14/16

Rakuten has a million things you'd love to have, and they've kept their prices low. The one time I had to return an item, there was no problem. No questions asked and it was easy.

50 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Rakuten staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question