Review of Raise.com

Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422

audreyp20
6/25/17
• Updated review

Raise representatives reached out to me and offered me a Raise credit for the amount of the lost Talbot's card value. I thought this was a very fair resolution.
Thanks, Raise.com.

“Fraudulent Gift Cards”
5/6/17
• Previous review

The Talbots eGift Card I bought from Raise was originally purchased using a stolen credit card. As a result, the gift card was cancelled and Raise refuses to compensate me. I will not buy from them again.

chrism363
6/19/17

Bernie was very professional and polite. He was very helpful in addressing my situation. He even stayed on the line and made sure everything was fixed!

davidb700
6/13/17

I save lots of money using raise. Sometimes the card goes bad by fraud of the seller. Raise is quick to respond and refunds your money within 3 days. Yes some cards go bad, so if you gift cards to people ask them to use ASAP and let you know if it goes bad. I usually buy just for myself for this reason. You could buy direct from sellers on Ebay for bigger discounts, but then you take the risk. With raise they take the risk and refund money promptly. Most cards can be verified at retailer website before you go into store to use it.

bobs311
6/13/17

bernie was extremely pleasant aND FRIENDLY. HELPED CORRECT PROBLEM QUICKLY. WAS VERY APOLOGETIC FOR MY INCONVENIENCE.

defauhnf
6/11/17

this agent needs to be teaching the other agents not that i have had any problem with any of them this agent went overboard to help me i have a prepaid card and cant use it on site called again on this problem to see if we could get the card approved on their site this agent went past the other agents in trying to help found out it's the bank not raise that's the problem so thank you so much for your site thank you and God Bless Joe.

jpi2
6/3/17

I have never had a problem with Raise. I have purchased over 20 giftcards, mostly Starbucks e-cards, but also HomeDepot and Ace. And they have delivered. Once a Starbucks card had already been registered by a previous owner, didn't feel comfortable with that, but Raise refunded promptly. Just make sure you check balances within 45 days. Physical cards are usually received within 4-5 days.

marck34
6/1/17

great app. shop, click, save money. It literally couldn't be easier. The topper was I had a small problem resolved almost immediately. I'm a very happy customer

kathyf57
Kathy F.
5/24/17

Usually a trusted site, but I bought a $25 ARDEN card that I just found (had never been used) and it has a ZERO balance. RIPOFF. I will not buy unless I plan to use within the year. So please be careful or you will get scammed.

kimberlyno
5/23/17

Been waiting over 24hrs, not happy!!
Be careful when trying to get a quick iTunes code, I'm be waiting forever like me!!!

charlesd128
5/22/17

Enter Promotion code: cdavis65 to get 5$ and I earn 5$ it is a win win. I sold my gift card within 3 minutes after I posted the gift card.

amyg112
5/22/17

I have a problem with the Arby's card. When I went to Harvey's they said the card was not active and had a zero balance. I called customer support. They looked into the card and in fact the card was invalid. They immediately refunded my money and we are all happy. My experience was fantastic.

maryl363
5/21/17

I have used Raise for a few years, as soon as I found out about it. I am so sincerely happy with the turn around time, it is so convenient...if ever I have had a concern it is taken care of my Raise "IMMEDIATELY" all of these are the reasons I tell all my family and friends about Raise.

josephs216
5/21/17

But not all was lost ...purchased a card as a gift ...the recipient tried to use it....EMPTY
called RAISE....Merrick took care of the issue in minutes...FULL REFUND...
thanks Merrick, thank you RAISE...faith restored

auroraj3
5/20/17

I was very distressed when I called. Bernie was very understanding and quickly resolved my issue. Even if he had been unable to help me I would have been impressed with his efficiency and kindness. I have always had great customer service experience with Raise, however, Bernie went above and beyond.

seungl5
5/19/17

and she even seemed to care! I goofed and my card not being validated for sale was completely due to my mistake and Ava actually seemed happy to help and track down where the mistake had taken place. As a customer, it's usually easy to tell if a customer service rep does not enjoy/like his/her job but Ava seemed to enjoy being the great help that she was.
Thanks, Ava! :)

jeanettes14
5/19/17

I have purchased many gift cards on Raise. It is great place to get someone a gift card even if they were full price. Purchasing them at a discount is even better. I think Raise is Awesome.

karenw217
5/17/17

I have been using Raise.com for about 3 years. I love saving money on gift cards and their customer service is excellent. I received a physical card that when I attempted to use it, it stated "no funds loaded" I called Raise customer service who refunded my money to my credit card that same day!

bobj134
5/14/17

I would be a solid and continue shopper on Raise but having to manage and maintain a balances thatmight or might not be there is unacceptable as they sometimes seem to completely disappear from one day to the other. So I can give them as gifts and I'm not always sure that is a balance left so I always have to bring extra credit cards or cash to cover just in case . The raise support team has been great at refunding me my missing $$ but it is something I just don't want to even consider being a possibility when purchasing gift cards .

janicea29
5/13/17

Well, not sure I will tell the entire world, but will say I'm very, very pleased with my most recent experience with customer service. Raise went well above and beyond to help with a difficult situation. Thanks, Raise!

patricias189
5/11/17

Raise is a true customer friendly company. Get your numbers straight and tell the truth- they'll take care of you! I plan on shopping with them--- A LOT!!
Thank you, RAISE!

salwana
5/8/17

customer service rep. Wayne was extremely pleasant and very respectful, he answered all my questions and solved the problem that I had with a couple of gift certificate very quickly. he was very helpful and understanding

carolc122
5/7/17

Called with a problem I had with a card I purchased a year ago. Cassie was soooo pleasant and helpful. She provided me with several options and I left the call feeling very satisfied and THAT is something I never expected.

bobo39
5/7/17

I was buying $10,000 in Lowes gift cards and Natasha walked me thru the process, etc. Love RAISE! I always look on the RAISE APP when shopping, as most stores have digital cards that are delivered to your wallet in a matter of minutes!

louisew45
5/5/17

If I place an order for an email giftcard, it is delivered immediately. I am confident in my purchases due to their one year guarantee. When I encountered a problem with one of the giftcards I purchased, due to the guarantee they refunded the money right away. The experience with them has always been extremely positive. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with this company.

hongmeiw
5/3/17

I spent $864.12 to buy 3 gift cards last year in one order, I check the balance immediately after I got these gift cards, and they are all correct. I use one of them during the 1st year, no problem. But when I use the other 2 cards last week, they are not working, and system show $0 balance now, but it cost me $568.88. Because it had been a year I was told they can't do anything except offer me $10 account credit. After I request to talk to their supervisor, the supervisor told me they could do nothing but offer me $50 account credit. "Very great" for such "good offer", it just like a big joke to me. I will never purchase from Raise.com anymore. I hope I read these 1 star rating before, so I could warm myself not purchase from them. I wish more and more people can read my review before you make the same mistake as me. Don't believe this website, the lost from this website is much more than the saves you earned.

56 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Raise.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 3/11/16
on 4/12/15
on 12/31/15
on 8/27/15
on 4/16/15
Answer
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing.

While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise.

I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance.

Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all.

Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me.

Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?
on 3/12/16
on 2/29/16
on 8/9/15
on 5/2/17
on 3/29/17
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com