Review of Raise.com

Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422

markh336
8/11/17
• Updated review

Raise representatives reached out to me and credited my account for the amount I lost on the Northern Tool electronic gift card. I only wish we could have resolved this issue outside of sitejabber.com. I thought this was a very fair resolution and I am now a faithful Raise customer again! Thank you Raise.com!

“Raise comes through!”
7/26/17
• Previous review

Raise representatives reached out to me and credited my account for the amount of the lost on Northern Tool card value. I only wish we could have resolved this issue outside of sitejabber.com I thought this was a very fair resolution and I am now a faithful Raise customer again! Thank you Raise.com!

xinyuel1
8/7/17

I have ordered 2 e-gift cards on raise.com. I paid 890 for a 1000 dollar bloomingdale's gift card and 248.08 for a 400 dollar sunglasses hut one. I have left them for a year and half and realized those cards are inactive.

I have called raise, the customer service was nice and willing to resolve the issue for me. He has offered me a 400-dollar credit that is going to expire in 6 months. He said that is the best that he could do because the both purchases were out of the 1 year guarantee. I have lost 738.08 dollars over this incident and have to sallow this myself. I am still in shock about the loss I have had and now I am stuck with a credit that I have to spend within 6 months.

lisad240
8/6/17

My husband bought me a MAC Cosmetics gift card for the value of $100 in June 2016. It could only be used online and I was ready to redeem it just a few days ago (July 2017).

When I was ready to check out on the MAC website, I found out the amount on the card had been wiped out. I contacted Raise and the answer was very DISAPPOINTING. They can't issue a refund or replace the card because it has been 13 months and they can only "protect" the gift card value for 1 year. They couldn't even tell me what happened to our money (who took it??). They mentioned MAC may have closed the gift card due to inactivity. I contacted the MAC customer service and they said their cards don't have inactive penalties or expiration dates.

My husband and I are very responsible with our money YET, somehow, we didn't know this could happen. I think Raise should do a better job at advertising that you're VERY LIKELY TO LOSE YOUR MONEY if you don't use your card within the 1 year period.

We will never know who stole our money because it has been just over a year and Raise won't look into it. Who knows if it happened before the 1 year window??

A better business would have sent an email to the customer reminding him of the expiration date! Such a reminder would make me think this company is trustworthy and cares about their customers. Alas, that's not the case.

I honestly think this is not a good way to conduct business. I read several other reviews and I'm convinced there's something wrong with this company. We lost $100 and I'm sure we're not the only people who had this BAD experience. I strongly advise against purchasing gift cards from them...it's better to stick to the regular gift cards - at least you know they won't steal the money from you! I most definitely won't be their customer again and I will definitely let my family, friends and co-workers know about my experience with them.

pamelad66
8/5/17

I have been fighting with your website for 3 days and was extremely irritated by the time I decided to call and wait on hold for you. I was irritated and $#*!y. I was rude during the call but she handled me with complete professionalism. She is a great.

rakesha4
8/5/17

Just to save few dollars, I bought a cvs gift card from this site, finally when I tried using it, it showed ZERO balance.

Wasted half a day to call Raise customer service, they refused to help saying Guarantee period has expired.

It's a SCAM, I highly suggest to stay away.

howardf22
7/30/17

Been using Raise for several years now and they have save me quite a bit of money on the restaurants that I go to. Had a few problems in the beginning but the customer service promptly took care of them.

chrish322
7/23/17

A Starbucks gift card I purchased, and had used, was somehow used in a purchase in another state. I spoke with Carlton at customer service, and he refunded me the balance of the gift card that was fraudulently used, as well as the remaining balance on the card. Great customer service for sure!

christyi1
7/19/17

I have purchased several gift cards from Raise and have never had an issue using them. They have always been as described and the one time I contacted them, I received excellent customer service. Merrick, the customer service rep, went above and beyond my expectations. Highly recommended!

katherined29
7/15/17

Purchased $200 worth of gift cards that held a value of $35. Customer Service will take days to get back to you with little help.

sandyk37
7/12/17

bureauI purchased a gc for Ross for my husband as a Christmas gift. The gc was for $200 and I purchased it for $164.00. He used the card one time for a total of $48.70 and then account was "closed" due to fraudulent activity. When I called to find out what fraudulent activity I was told that the company I purchased it from did not pay them for the purchase so Ross would no longer honor the gc. When I called the company (raise.com) they would NOT honor my purchase therefore I will just be out the $116 unspent balance on the card. I was given the run around as if they were going to try and help me, placing me on hold numerous times but all to no avail. They would do NOTHING to honor my purchase. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I'm reporting them matter to the better business bureau and will take it as far as I can to make sure everyone knows how bad this company is, so consider yourself warned, its a SCAM!!

robertw364
7/8/17

I bought a Starbucks gift card through the Raise app and attempted to transfer the balance to my personal Starbucks account. No dice: the Sbux gift card was registered to someone else. I called Raise and was told that the Raise website recommends against doing transfers. I didn't use the website, I said, I used the app. I asked them to refund my order. Nope. The fine print is on the website. Buyer beware, especially if you use the Raise app.

ramt1
7/8/17

Shopping is always simpler , quicker and fun. What make this standout are the reliability of service and ,importantly, the knowledgeable and great support personal.

carlac52
7/7/17

they take mi card and never payme back!! was a $50 gift card, and still waiting for payment!! this's a scam for seller , don't sell your card herre

delilahb1
7/4/17

I called in because the site wouldn't let me checkout and spent forever on the phone with some bum who said he didn't see a problem and told me to check with my bank. I called in again and got Fiona and she was able to spot a difference in my billing address instantly! She told me how to take off the old billing address and try ordering again. It worked! Very polite and patient when guiding me through the steps. That other guy was a waste of time. Thanks Fiona!!

bradleya14
7/2/17

I had cause to call your phone support number yesterday to seek help solving seek guidance on setting myself up with the ability to efficiently swell gift cards. Martin listened to my situation and expressed genuine empathy. I am in the midst of a cash flow crisis and I need not just to sell, but sell fast and convert such sales into cash for my bank account.

Martin, through excellent communication and social skills, conveyed my options and their relative pros and cons related to my present circumstances. He went beyond the call of duty to explore creative solutions that I'm sure were not taught in your employee training.

Martin's people skills, initiative and creativity should be brought to your company's attention as he is very obviously being underutilized at present.

Bradley Anderson

jamesp318
7/2/17

I had an issue with one of the stores not accepting gift cards on their website any longer and the representative investigated the issue and took care of it. Fantastic and easy resolution. Thanks!

audreyp20
6/25/17
• Updated review

Raise representatives reached out to me and offered me a Raise credit for the amount of the lost Talbot's card value. I thought this was a very fair resolution.
Thanks, Raise.com.

“Fraudulent Gift Cards”
5/6/17
• Previous review

The Talbots eGift Card I bought from Raise was originally purchased using a stolen credit card. As a result, the gift card was cancelled and Raise refuses to compensate me. I will not buy from them again.

chrism363
6/19/17

Bernie was very professional and polite. He was very helpful in addressing my situation. He even stayed on the line and made sure everything was fixed!

davidb700
6/13/17

I save lots of money using raise. Sometimes the card goes bad by fraud of the seller. Raise is quick to respond and refunds your money within 3 days. Yes some cards go bad, so if you gift cards to people ask them to use ASAP and let you know if it goes bad. I usually buy just for myself for this reason. You could buy direct from sellers on Ebay for bigger discounts, but then you take the risk. With raise they take the risk and refund money promptly. Most cards can be verified at retailer website before you go into store to use it.

bobs311
6/13/17

bernie was extremely pleasant aND FRIENDLY. HELPED CORRECT PROBLEM QUICKLY. WAS VERY APOLOGETIC FOR MY INCONVENIENCE.

defauhnf
6/11/17

this agent needs to be teaching the other agents not that i have had any problem with any of them this agent went overboard to help me i have a prepaid card and cant use it on site called again on this problem to see if we could get the card approved on their site this agent went past the other agents in trying to help found out it's the bank not raise that's the problem so thank you so much for your site thank you and God Bless Joe.

jpi2
6/3/17

I have never had a problem with Raise. I have purchased over 20 giftcards, mostly Starbucks e-cards, but also HomeDepot and Ace. And they have delivered. Once a Starbucks card had already been registered by a previous owner, didn't feel comfortable with that, but Raise refunded promptly. Just make sure you check balances within 45 days. Physical cards are usually received within 4-5 days.

marck34
6/1/17

great app. shop, click, save money. It literally couldn't be easier. The topper was I had a small problem resolved almost immediately. I'm a very happy customer

kathyf57
Kathy F.
5/24/17

Usually a trusted site, but I bought a $25 ARDEN card that I just found (had never been used) and it has a ZERO balance. RIPOFF. I will not buy unless I plan to use within the year. So please be careful or you will get scammed.

kimberlyno
5/23/17

Been waiting over 24hrs, not happy!!
Be careful when trying to get a quick iTunes code, I'm be waiting forever like me!!!

Helpful answer

I had a problem with the lowes gift cards i purchased from Raise as they did not work at lowes. It took upwards of 10 calls and over 3 months before I received my over $700 back. I will never buy anything on Raise again

By Gideon D. on 3/11/16
Helpful answer

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D. on 4/12/15
Helpful answer
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l. on 3/12/16
Helpful answer

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H. on 2/29/16
Helpful answer

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D. on 12/31/15
Helpful answer

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B. on 8/27/15
Helpful answer

Christy, Raise is not a bank and has not established an escrow account. The buyer shoulders the financial liability. Check their terms and conditions

By Dave F. on 4/16/15
Helpful answer

Hi Gunjeet, in an effort to verify your seller account, we do ask for a valid credit card to be used in order to sell cards! This is to increase the security of our marketplace and to help our sellers get paid quicker, and allow our buyers to receive their cards in a timely manner as well! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 5/2/17
Helpful answer

Hi Ali! You can purchase a gift card through Raise and apply to that to your online Dell order. Please note only 1 card may be used per online transaction. Please ask away if you have any further questions!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 3/29/17
Helpful answer

Hi TJ! All you need to sell a card on Raise is a credit card for verification. You upload the card information, we verify it, and it gets listed! Once a card has officially been sold, you'll be notified via email and you can get paid via check, ACH Direct Deposit, or PayPal. Physical checks will take 3-14 business days for you to receive while ACH/PayPal will take 1-3 business days.

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep] on 3/26/17
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com