Review of Raise.com

Tel: 888-578-8422

traceyl27
T L.
9/24/17

Unfortunately a gift card that I ordered was not shipped to me successfully but I had no problems resolving the issue. Costumer service handled it in a timely manner & I greatly appreciated that!

nickn48
9/7/17

Use this site to buy tons of cards. Had an issue where something was not clear. They refunded part of my order without problem.

rebekahw8
8/31/17

Had an issue using a card 6 months after purchasing. They didn't ask any questions except for how I would like the refund. It's great that they don't accuse customers of misuse when an unfortunate situation occurs. I really appreciate it!

shellyf21
8/30/17

Twice now I've had issues with gift cards from Raise.com. Even after providing proof that I did not use them, the site would not refund my money. Seems like a good way to save money, until you have an issue and they don't really care. Stay away from this site.

stevek112
8/30/17

The reason that Raise is the only gift card service I buy from is that they stand by their product - for 12 months. I've had to use this protection on a couple of occasions due to dishonest gift card sellers, and Raise has responded quickly and swiftly. Great company!

lonav
8/30/17

I've been buying gift cards on Raise for several stores (for online and in store uses) and haven't had any issues with any of the cards. When an early purchasing snafu hit, they had awesome customer service and fixed it. I recently bought more cards than intended and again had a great customer service experience which resolved it (there's a human you can speak to!!). While I find the app a little slow and obtuse, I love their instant messages when gift cards hit the shelves for stores that rarely have them available. Delivery of cards (almost instantaneous for digital) is always wicked prompt.

Tip for consumers: Always check balances upon receipt, as there are unscrupulous individuals who sell on Raise, but the company is very responsive to issues

sues169
8/30/17

It seems many have had the same experience with reference to Starbucks and other cards. This site is a SCAM and we should complain to the Consumer Protection Departments of your State or Illinois, as their company is headquartered in Chicago.

Their business address is 33 S State St, Chicago, IL 60603. The two agencies in Chicago and Illinois are as follows:
1) Chicago Consumer Protection Department located at https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/progs/protect.html/

2) Illinois Consumer Protection Agency at http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/index.html

The more we complain, the more the government will investigate!

weiqil
8/29/17

Definitely solve my problem. Very friendly. Nice chat. I'll recommend your website and services to my friends!

kishorek9
8/27/17

Fast delivery, value for money, easy shopping. App works great and user friendly. Excellent customer support.

dome257
8/26/17

Complete scam, buyer beware! I purchased over $2000 worth of gift cards from this shady outfit only to find out that 12 of the cards I purchased carried a ZERO balance! After the embarrassment at the stores and restaurants ("Sorry, Sir, there is nothing on your card"), I was given vague and ambiguous answers by customer service as to why this could have happened. Save your money, the hassle and, above all, the embarrassment. Run from this company, don't walk.

amanday14
8/22/17

After I reported the gift card fraud, the customer service replied me less than 24 hours, and returned the whole refund. I like the way Raise treats its customers and ability to resolve issue. Even the credit card fraud happens, I will still consider to buy giftcards from Raise.

donniek7
8/22/17

I was very pleased with the way my inquiry was handled. I should get my refund within a few days. The amount on the card I bought was less than what it should be. The difference was a little over $20. This is an important amount of money for me, so getting the refund means a lot to me.

markh336
8/11/17
• Updated review

Raise representatives reached out to me and credited my account for the amount I lost on the Northern Tool electronic gift card. I only wish we could have resolved this issue outside of sitejabber.com. I thought this was a very fair resolution and I am now a faithful Raise customer again! Thank you Raise.com!

“Raise comes through!”
7/26/17
• Previous review

Raise representatives reached out to me and credited my account for the amount of the lost on Northern Tool card value. I only wish we could have resolved this issue outside of sitejabber.com I thought this was a very fair resolution and I am now a faithful Raise customer again! Thank you Raise.com!

xinyuel1
8/7/17

I have ordered 2 e-gift cards on raise.com. I paid 890 for a 1000 dollar bloomingdale's gift card and 248.08 for a 400 dollar sunglasses hut one. I have left them for a year and half and realized those cards are inactive.

I have called raise, the customer service was nice and willing to resolve the issue for me. He has offered me a 400-dollar credit that is going to expire in 6 months. He said that is the best that he could do because the both purchases were out of the 1 year guarantee. I have lost 738.08 dollars over this incident and have to sallow this myself. I am still in shock about the loss I have had and now I am stuck with a credit that I have to spend within 6 months.

lisad240
8/6/17

My husband bought me a MAC Cosmetics gift card for the value of $100 in June 2016. It could only be used online and I was ready to redeem it just a few days ago (July 2017).

When I was ready to check out on the MAC website, I found out the amount on the card had been wiped out. I contacted Raise and the answer was very DISAPPOINTING. They can't issue a refund or replace the card because it has been 13 months and they can only "protect" the gift card value for 1 year. They couldn't even tell me what happened to our money (who took it??). They mentioned MAC may have closed the gift card due to inactivity. I contacted the MAC customer service and they said their cards don't have inactive penalties or expiration dates.

My husband and I are very responsible with our money YET, somehow, we didn't know this could happen. I think Raise should do a better job at advertising that you're VERY LIKELY TO LOSE YOUR MONEY if you don't use your card within the 1 year period.

We will never know who stole our money because it has been just over a year and Raise won't look into it. Who knows if it happened before the 1 year window??

A better business would have sent an email to the customer reminding him of the expiration date! Such a reminder would make me think this company is trustworthy and cares about their customers. Alas, that's not the case.

I honestly think this is not a good way to conduct business. I read several other reviews and I'm convinced there's something wrong with this company. We lost $100 and I'm sure we're not the only people who had this BAD experience. I strongly advise against purchasing gift cards from them...it's better to stick to the regular gift cards - at least you know they won't steal the money from you! I most definitely won't be their customer again and I will definitely let my family, friends and co-workers know about my experience with them.

pamelad66
8/5/17

I have been fighting with your website for 3 days and was extremely irritated by the time I decided to call and wait on hold for you. I was irritated and $#*!y. I was rude during the call but she handled me with complete professionalism. She is a great.

rakesha4
8/5/17

Just to save few dollars, I bought a cvs gift card from this site, finally when I tried using it, it showed ZERO balance.

Wasted half a day to call Raise customer service, they refused to help saying Guarantee period has expired.

It's a SCAM, I highly suggest to stay away.

howardf22
7/30/17

Been using Raise for several years now and they have save me quite a bit of money on the restaurants that I go to. Had a few problems in the beginning but the customer service promptly took care of them.

chrish322
7/23/17

A Starbucks gift card I purchased, and had used, was somehow used in a purchase in another state. I spoke with Carlton at customer service, and he refunded me the balance of the gift card that was fraudulently used, as well as the remaining balance on the card. Great customer service for sure!

christyi1
7/19/17

I have purchased several gift cards from Raise and have never had an issue using them. They have always been as described and the one time I contacted them, I received excellent customer service. Merrick, the customer service rep, went above and beyond my expectations. Highly recommended!

katherined29
7/15/17

Purchased $200 worth of gift cards that held a value of $35. Customer Service will take days to get back to you with little help.

sandyk37
7/12/17

bureauI purchased a gc for Ross for my husband as a Christmas gift. The gc was for $200 and I purchased it for $164.00. He used the card one time for a total of $48.70 and then account was "closed" due to fraudulent activity. When I called to find out what fraudulent activity I was told that the company I purchased it from did not pay them for the purchase so Ross would no longer honor the gc. When I called the company (raise.com) they would NOT honor my purchase therefore I will just be out the $116 unspent balance on the card. I was given the run around as if they were going to try and help me, placing me on hold numerous times but all to no avail. They would do NOTHING to honor my purchase. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I'm reporting them matter to the better business bureau and will take it as far as I can to make sure everyone knows how bad this company is, so consider yourself warned, its a SCAM!!

robertw364
7/8/17

I bought a Starbucks gift card through the Raise app and attempted to transfer the balance to my personal Starbucks account. No dice: the Sbux gift card was registered to someone else. I called Raise and was told that the Raise website recommends against doing transfers. I didn't use the website, I said, I used the app. I asked them to refund my order. Nope. The fine print is on the website. Buyer beware, especially if you use the Raise app.

ramt1
7/8/17

Shopping is always simpler , quicker and fun. What make this standout are the reliability of service and ,importantly, the knowledgeable and great support personal.

carlac52
7/7/17

they take mi card and never payme back!! was a $50 gift card, and still waiting for payment!! this's a scam for seller , don't sell your card herre

Helpful answer

I had a problem with the lowes gift cards i purchased from Raise as they did not work at lowes. It took upwards of 10 calls and over 3 months before I received my over $700 back. I will never buy anything on Raise again

By Gideon D. on 3/11/16
Helpful answer

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D. on 4/12/15
Helpful answer
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l. on 3/12/16
Helpful answer

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H. on 2/29/16
Helpful answer

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D. on 12/31/15
Helpful answer

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B. on 8/27/15
Helpful answer

Christy, Raise is not a bank and has not established an escrow account. The buyer shoulders the financial liability. Check their terms and conditions

By Dave F. on 4/16/15
Helpful answer

Hi Gunjeet, in an effort to verify your seller account, we do ask for a valid credit card to be used in order to sell cards! This is to increase the security of our marketplace and to help our sellers get paid quicker, and allow our buyers to receive their cards in a timely manner as well! If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to reach out!

By Juan H. on 5/2/17
Helpful answer

Hi Ali! You can purchase a gift card through Raise and apply to that to your online Dell order. Please note only 1 card may be used per online transaction. Please ask away if you have any further questions!

By Juan H. on 3/29/17
Helpful answer

Hi TJ! All you need to sell a card on Raise is a credit card for verification. You upload the card information, we verify it, and it gets listed! Once a card has officially been sold, you'll be notified via email and you can get paid via check, ACH Direct Deposit, or PayPal. Physical checks will take 3-14 business days for you to receive while ACH/PayPal will take 1-3 business days.

By Juan H. on 3/26/17
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com