Review of Raise.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

margarets103
4/24/17

They were able to help me out with kindness & patience. They helped me solve an issue using their creativity. It's much appreciated.

alexc182
4/20/17

Been a raise.com customer for many years, tried to create a new account for family member, go through a purchase, and then have the order cancelled. Called customer support and it was a huge nightmare to try and get it fixed. Decided to delete my account and leave Raise. Recommend giftcardzen and other alternatives. The reviews regarding gift cards ZERO-ing out is true.

anhn11
4/14/17

Raise resolved my problem quick and professional.
I got a problem with my order. I contacted Raise and they did what they need to do.

raull13
4/13/17

I purchased a card and utilized a promo code. The promo code successfully applied, with the discount showing the order summary before checking out and was reflected in the final price. However, after checkout, I was incorrectly charged for the full price of the card (without the promo code). I felt deceived, so I spoke with customer service over live chat. Piper was easily the worst customer representative I have had, as she neglected my issue and simply cited policy. Apparently my order somehow did not qualify for the promo code, but this was never stated to me, neither before or after checkout. I only knew because the price I was charged was incorrect. I tried explaining how I checked out with one price displayed, only to be charged a different price, but Piper did not care and did not mind losing my business or the fact that the seller would be out both their money and their card if I was forced to issue a chargeback to get my refund. I offered multiple suggestions, whether it was a full refund, me paying the original price with a partial refund, or receiving credit for a future order

nicholask21
4/11/17

Your service was excellent, Jesse looked into my problem and was able to verify what I could not discover regarding the gift card's user purchase history.

The problem was resolved and credit applied to my original account.

What a relief, I knew something was amiss and she was able to solve my dilemma rapidly,

Thank you very much Jesse, I will continue using Raise worry-free.8561

Nicholas Koury

davidv91
4/11/17

Raise.com has a trustworthy platform, honest inventories and professional customer support. All of the other gift card sites are hack impersonators. Raise.com sets the standard!

beckye15
4/7/17

Have been using Raise for awhile now without any issues until today. Purchased a giftcard today that would not redeem. Called customer service and it was fixed it a matter of minutes. Representative was very helpful and pleasant. I will be using Raise in the future and recommending site to all my friends.

nicolef59
4/5/17

Had a problem listing 2 stabucks gift cards and custimer service helped me for about 30 mins until we resolved the issue which was a mistake on my end. I will reccommend this company and give it 5 stars.

carolinah8
4/4/17

Bought 4 gift cards for Benihana. Only one worked. I immediately called Raise customer service. They put the blame back on the merchant (even though the cards did not have either a pin number nor a barcode) and finally refunded my money back, but never taking responsibility for the lack of information on the cards. Don't buy cards from them, save yourself the embarassment at the restaurant/store! They are NOT guaranteed to work.

kellies23
4/2/17

It was easy to do, and when I had questions, the online chat option was great and very helpful! Will def do again!

danl106
4/1/17

I have been a supper fan of Raise for 2 year, I don't shop or dine until I check what raise has to offer. The savings are real and tremendous! and it adds up quick!

I praise the founder of this business, brilliant! The service is great, never disappoints me.

amyc157
3/28/17

I have been using the web site Raise.com for over 2 years and I've made over 100 purchases from them. They are a stellar company and I've experienced only top notch service with them whether it be selling, purchasing or resolving a dispute. Their support staff is always on top of their game and have never steered me wrong or left me dissatisfied. Definitely one of my go-to web sites for always a great deal and never a bad experience.

helenek2
3/27/17

Purchased a gift card from them weeks ago. When I tried to redeem it I received a message "authorization failure." The charge was processed on to my credit card weeks ago when I made the purchase. I have emailed them repeatedly and provided everything they requested such as screenshots of the receipt, the gift card delivery notification, and the message I receive telling me I cannot redeem it. Regardless of all of this, every single time I receive an email from them thanking me for reporting the problem and promising to resolve it and that is all I ever hear from them. They do nothing to solve the problem. I have already paid for the purchase on my credit card, but still receive the message "Authorization failure." The screenshots I send them are all inclusive and perfect. They simply will not do anything but promise to get back to me. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never get this money back and I am just glad that it was only $25.

rachelw96
3/26/17

I spent a $170 on a gift card with a $0 balance. Because it had been a year I was told they could do nothing but offer me $5 my next $50 purchase. No thank you. I will never purchase here again. Buyer beware.

garlandj5
3/24/17

This is certainly a top website for gift cards, but I am hoping to get my listing up a tad bit faster. The items sell pretty fast so you guys have great advertising techniques, so let's hope for a great rest of the year. thanks

jonm96
3/21/17

I had accidentally forgotten to include a promo code when I placed an order, so I used their live chat feature which is available every day. Their representative responded quickly and gave me a credit toward my next purchase.

robins171
3/19/17

They really do assure you do not get scammed. I ordered 5, $25 gift cards to Target for a purchase. Two of them were not functional right away, and the other three had a $0 balance after a days time. I contacted Raise, and they helped me out hassle free.

laurac216
3/19/17

Someone stole my debit card and used it with this company that I have never heard of until today. I got such bs from these people. They fraudulently charged my card and are giving me the run around. They customer service associate said its happened many times! Well doesn't that just make you feel good about this horrible company?? I will be filing a complaint with the department of consumer protection here in CT and will fi8le charges against whomever it was that took my card!

kristinas48
3/18/17

I had problem and Raise representative absolutely solve it. I ordered many gift cards from Raise,satisfied at all. Recommend! Great service! Thanks

victort27
3/16/17

I buy quite bit of discounted gift cards and sell a little bit on Raise. Whenever I have an issue, I just simply type out an email to inform them about it. Most times, it's for a refund due to the seller not posting the right amount in the mailed card. But the last time I emailed their customer support was to inform them that two of my e-gift cards are grossly under the advertise purchase amount. I was upset but then I thought that maybe the amount was starting to be deducted after a certain amount of time of non-use. But they quick shot me back an message stating they have refunded me the difference. I was wow'd. I didn't expect anything back. Just maybe to second opinion on my previous theory. I can't praise their customer service enough. Very prompt and they go above and beyond for their customers. That is what makes a good brand great!

kp90
3/15/17

Need to say this right off the bat tho, I have contacted Raise.com and they are going to send a check refunding the purchasing price of the remaining balance to me. I still feel robbed by the experienc and would stay away from these sketchy gift cards from now on.

The gift card came from my first and only time ordering a gift card from riase.com. I bought $50 value gift card and received a card in the mail about a week later. Used it once at the store soon after to make sure the balance was there, and it was, all $50 minus a cup of smoothie I bought that day. I didn't have a chance to visit the store again after that day. I finally decided to go today and was told that the balance on the card was zero.

I returned home, called the number on the back of the gift card, and the smoothie company was able to look up the transactions for me. They told me that after my fist purchase, all the remaining forty something balance on the card was used in one transaction, a month after my purchasing date from raise.com, at a location in a city that I've never been to, far a way from where I live, but pretty close to the mailing address where the card came from, if the memory serves me right.

I next contacted raise.com and they are going to send me a check for the amount I spent to purchase the remaining balance. I suspect that this is a scam on the seller's end. The seller probably saved the card number and pin before mailing it out, so that they can later take out all the remaining balance after the buyer have received the card with the full amount on it.

Raise customer service was very nice and helpful, however, without a mechanism to prevent this type of scams in place, I'd say stay away from it. Gift card system probably has tons of holes for the scammers to abuse. It probably go against promoting their business, but I think they should put out a warning or disclaimer about the risks the buyers are getting themselves into. A little savings on the value of the card don't worth getting the whole balance wiped clean from the gift card while the card is in your purse at all time. Do I really wanna risk paying $50 for one cup of smoothie again? I think not.

margaretm146
Margaret M.
3/15/17

Refunded the cost of a purchased card when it was used fraudulently by an unknown person. Professional and quick response given. Very respectful attitude given. Thank you!

christiw6
3/13/17

I was having issues with the app, I called and got immediate service plus follow up emails to make sure their advice worked, as I was using my phone and did not have access to a computer. Everything worked out!

rogerj25
3/12/17

The representative who helped me over the phone was Grant. Grant was extremely helpful, friendly, and polite. I am very pleased with my contact with Raise.com.

gingers16
3/7/17

We went to Paneras today and was told the card was no good! Bummer! I did know Raise has a good guarantee. We got home and went to the site; which now you can talk about the problem online. Within 1/2 hour I got an email stating they would refund my amount. SO GREAT! Besides getting good discounts, the guarantee is fabulous!

54 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Raise.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
alik68
Ali K.
4 weeks ago
Answer
juanh42
Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]
A: Hi Ali! You can purchase a gift card through Raise and apply to that to your online Dell order. Please note only 1 card may be used per online transaction. Please ask away if you have any further questions!
3 weeks, 5 days ago
on 3/26/17
Answer
juanh42
Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]
A: Hi TJ! All you need to sell a card on Raise is a credit card for verification. You upload the card information, we verify it, and it gets listed! Once a card has officially been sold, you'll be notified via email and you can get paid via check, ACH Direct Deposit, or PayPal. Physical checks will take 3-14 business days for you to receive while ACH/PayPal will take 1-3 business days.
4 weeks, 2 days ago