US Government’s NSF
SiteJabber for Business

Raise.com reviews

Business website  •  Email business  •  Phone: 888-578-8422
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal
Review of Raise.com

Raise.com reviews

68%
Madison St.
Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422
New customers: $5 off $75 with promo code SJ75.
Claim Deal

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

caitlinm18
8/30/16

I had no issue getting refund when my gift card turned out to have a $0 balance - of course I figured out there wasn't any money on it AFTER I'd eaten a meal and planned on paying for it with said gift card. Jerry was very friendly and I really loved not having to wait on hold forever, which is what I feel is happening with every other customer service line. Thanks for the great service!

johnm860
8/28/16

THEY WILL STEAL UR MONEY

jasons214
8/25/16

Over the past year, I have purchased over 200 gift cards from Raise and I am very satisfied with what this company offers. The customer service is always responsive and more importantly, able to really solve the issues to my satisfaction. I have a couple incidents over the past 200+ purchases and some involves delivering a physical card instead of a online gift card. Each time, the service I received is excellent.

The last contact is related to a card I purchased being cancelled by the retail store. I cannot use it and I contacted Raise support. Cassie and Jenny both handled my ticket and they did a good job chasing down the retailer and finding out the cause of the problem and I got my money refunded in a couple days. It was a $700 gift card, and I have to say, it would be nerve wracking if I have to eat the cost. But, base on my past experiences, I have much confidence that it can be resolved without issue, that I didn't need to follow up with them after my initial chat with them. I just expect the issue to be resolved, and it did, in a couple days. That's the confidence I have with Raise. Very well run company.

jackiec65
8/24/16

I sold a gift card from crate and barrel and since I don't have a credit card that is not linked to my bank account they won't give me my money. Explain why I can't use a credit card from my bank? I've used this site before with no problems. I sent them a picture of my drivers license... Still won't pay me. Basically they stole from me

mang31
8/23/16

My giftcard was used, but it was well solved now. The service is terrific, I appreciate it!

krystaln
8/22/16

Sergio took the time out of his busy schedule to help me resolved the problem I had with a fraudulent gift card that I purchase. He was very professionally and patiently handled the issues. He represent Raise very well. Thank you!

jenniferj104
8/20/16

Ordered 2 $100 gift cards for Tim Horton's Coffee. Used one for coffee one day for $2.01, next thing I know, card is empty/invalid. Same thing happened to second card. Used it to pick up remaining balance after finishing a valid gift card so I only used it for $0.05 and the remaining balance was $99.95, went to use it the next day and it was empty/invalid. There is something fishy here, either they are counterfeiting cards or they are buying/selling stolen cards. NEVER AGAIN. Submitted my issue to the site but no response yet.

Tip for consumers: SCAM!

sahirs
8/20/16

This is the worst customer gift card marketplace. I will NEVER DO BUSINESS HERE AGAIN. THEY STOLE MY MONEY AFTER SELLING ME A INVALID GIFT CARD.
I SPENT SEVERAL THOUSAND DOLLARS IN DISCOUNTED GIFT CARDS ONLY TO FIND OUT THEY WERE INVALID. WHEN I CALLED THEM THEY SAID THEY COULDN'T REFUND MY MONEY. THEY OFFERED ME A $25 CREDIT WHEN I SPENT OVER $70,000 IN TOTAL GIFTS CARDS WITH THEM. THEY HAVE ROBBED ME AND I FEEL HELPLESS. I HOPE THAT PEOPLE READ THIS AND HOPE THAT IT DOESN'T HAPPEN TO ANYONE ELSE. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DON'T DO BUSINESS WITH RAISE. YOU CAN GOOGLE MANY DOZENS OF OTHER GIFT CARD MARKETPLACES. RAISE MARKET PLACE IS A GIANT THIEF AND I HOPE THEY GET EXPOSED FOR IT!@!!!!

chrisj129
8/20/16

I sold a rather large gift card on Rase.com and chose to have the funds deposited to my checking account. After taking a few days to hear back from someone regarding the verification process, I was told I needed to verify information by submitted my drivers license and a picture of the gift card, as well as any receipts I may have. A couple days later I received an email saying that the funds were going to be deposited into my account within 2 business days. I received an email 2 days later saying that the funds transfer was cancelled without any explanation and to call customer support. The agent that I got in touch with told me that it was cancelled because they needed further verification regarding the billing information on my account. I confirmed the information, and was told that the funds would be transferred within 2-4 business days. I had a great experience talking with customer support, as far as the waiting period, it's pretty unclear just how much time exactly it takes, so if you are planning on selling a gift card, expect the process to take around 2 weeks or more. (Selling it on the website, processing, verification, and the time it takes to verify again to submit to your checking account). Feel this should be a bit more clear on the website, but happy customer service was able to assist.

chrism286
8/20/16

We had an issue with a card we purchased and Raise took care of it promptly.

Highly recommended!

jackn42
8/19/16

Raise offers promotions for money off purchases but their website doesn't honor them. When you call into their service you get people like Aria and Cooper Price ( supervisor) who will do everything in their power to not give the promotional money back. This is a fraudulent operation. Both times I tried to purchase cards they were ultimately containing $0 balances. Prices in this website are poor in comparison to other legitimate websites. Do NOT do business with this Company

ethelg7
8/17/16

I purchased over $2300 in gift cards thru Raise. At first they were fine, but I tried to use one at Outback ($200) and it came up invalid. After six months of fighting (BBB, State Attorney, Federal Consumer Complaint, writing numerous emails, and mailing letters to their head of PR), I finally got a refund, only for it to happen again yesterday! Longhorn gift card was $100, when I called to check it came up invalid, so I called back and spoke to someone, they were helpful in telling me the card was purchased with a fraudulent credit card and the funds were removed and I would have to deal with the 3rd party reseller (Raise.com) So I called and got nice rep, but of course they couldn't help past the "100 day guarantee) then I asked to speak to a manager, and got the same line. I am determined to fight this in the hopes they change their policy to help us all that have been cheated.

ranas7
8/16/16

i have big problem with raise well i purchased a $100 cold stone by mistake so i called and asked them to refund me but they didnt want to do so, so i had to keep the card that was in jan of 2016 any way in june i was down in texas i used $24 out of the card and as i got back to ny i was about to use it yesterday august 12 there was only $ 1 on the card can any one tell me what happend there so i call them and all they can do is give me a credit of $ 15 really what a ripoff is that i swear iam not gona let that go untill i close down there app because this is nonsense .

shashik13
8/16/16

Purchased $50 card and discovered it doesn't work. Called up their support. Despite their courteous talk, they mentioned they cannot refund the amount. Called bank and disputed the charge. Why are they in the business if it's so untrustworthy?

bobc97
8/16/16

IF YOU BUY A CARD USE IT RIGHT AWAY OR SOMEONE ELSE WILL. I HAVE LOST $750 IN COMPROMISED CARDS!!!!!

kimj71
8/15/16

Twice in the last month I purchased gift cards from RAISE, checked balance when they were received, however when I went to use the gift cards they had 0 balance causing me embarrassment and quite a bit of time trying to figure out what happened. Both companies (Bloomin Brands & Longhorn Steakhouse) put blame on RAISE so I called them. They refunded my money but had no explanation as to what transpired. These were not small gift cards - $100 & 50 which I purchased for less hoping to save some money (the whole point of RAISE). Thoroughly disgusted customer!

jasons211
8/13/16

I bought $300 worth of cards for Whole Foods. When I tried to use them at Whole Foods, I was told they were stolen. Raise refuses to refund my money. I have since discovered that it is against the terms and conditions of Whole Foods Gift Cards (i.e. it is illegal) to resell them without Whole Foods permission. Raise illegally sold me gift cards that didn't work! Furthermore, the Raise customer service rep asked me not to contact Whole Foods again and to just accept the loss. Seems clear Raise understands what they are doing and that it is wrong, with their advice that I not contact Whole Foods!!

jiahongl
8/11/16

stay away from this site

kamn2
8/9/16

I purchased a lot of e-cards from Raise in the last year or two. I didn't have the need to use all the cards within 100 days. Most of my cards are now invalid. The merchants are either out of business or no longer accepts e-gift cards! I called Raise and spoke with several reps, including the manager. They all told me the same thing... it's passed 100 days and they won't give me a refund. With all the merchant e-gift cards that I purchased on Raise, I spent over $1,500! A few of them are still valid, but the majority of the merchants, I cannot use the e-cards!
Save your hard earned money and don't use Raise. You're better off clipping coupons. In the end, they'll take your money and never look back!

kellys168
8/8/16

I had a question about a restaurant gift card that I was unable to use. I was disappointed because I only went to the restaurant because of the gift card. The waitress said it had been listed as lost and we couldn't use it. I contacted Raise following the visit and explained I bought a gift card that was void. I was told I missed the 100 day guarantee by three days. I said there was a disconnect between "never expires," which my order said and the guarantee. The first response explained I was out of the guarantee window but they would further review the situation. I was later sent a note that I would receive a refund (I bought a $50 gift certificate for a few bucks off). Had I not received a refund, I would not use the site again because a loss of $46 or $47 bucks would be a total waste as the whole idea is to save a few bucks here and there. My question of what does "not expire" mean was not answered until I sent another note asking for an explanation. So, would have expected a response without having to inquire again but ultumately got one. A strong note of caution, don't buy a gift card - even when it says it does not expire - unless you are going to use it within the 100 day guarantee window.

myleneb
8/6/16

I really appreciate how easy they were able to resolve the issues I had with the gift card I purchased. I will definitely buy again!

tylers55
8/6/16

I ordered my first two Raise gift cards and went to Home Depot to capture my 10% savings on a $600 purchase. Unfortunately, one of the gift cards valued at almost $300 was showing "No Funds Available" when the cashier tried to use it. Immediately after leaving Home Depot, I called the customer support number. I was quickly greeted by Walter, who thoughtfully handled the situation. He apologized for the poor first experience, processed my refund, and emailed me a prepaid return postage immediately so they could check it out and see what may have happened with the card. Although I would have much preferred a functional gift card and the savings at Home Depot, the customer service was great. I would still consider using Raise in the future, as I feel like mine was a rare occurrence.

lisaq14
8/3/16

I bought a $100 gift card 3/31/16 only to find out this weekend the balance has a Zero balance. Called P.F. Chang's and was told someone in another state emptied the card shortly after Raise mailed it to me. I am past the 100 days grace period and Raise is not refunding my purchase price!

prashants10
8/1/16

I use this app all the time to get gift cards to stores and restaurants I frequent. savings add up. The customer service is top notch. Had an issue that was resolved quickly and professionally. Thank you.

austinw16
7/30/16

I've purchased a large number of cards off of Raise.com. I've one into only one issue thus far and their customer support was extremely responsive and helpful!

44 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Raise.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/29/16
Answer
erinr17
A: Great question, Lydia. While most eGift cards are delivered immediately, we ask that you wait up to 24 hours for your order to be delivered to your wallet. Feel free to call our Member Services Team with any other questions!
7/30/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
7/8/16
Answer
allisonh41
A: Usually an eGift card will be delivered within an hour to the Raise wallet, but it can take up to 24 hours to fully process in some cases.
7/12/16