Review of Raise.com

Tel: 888-578-8422
support@raise.com

nonamen10
5/23/19

Tried to order a card. Had me call them up to "verify" my order. Asked for all sorts of personal info which they had no need of to process my order for a gift card including my birthday, etc. Then cancelled my order and blocked me as a customer when I wouldn't give it to them. Shady company

jessi8
5/19/19

I have been using raise for a very long time. Spent a lot of money with this $#*!ty company.

Recently, for the first time, I had a problem with one of the two Groupon gifts card I bought. When I went to redeem the gift cards one worked and one didn't. I reported it and a unprofessional agent "Louis" ask me for proof, they wanted a screenshot of stating the gift card is invalid showing the gift card number. Which I did and he claims that that's not how you redeem the gift card. It really doesn't matters how I redeem the gift card. As long as I am redeeming it on the actual website and not from a 3rd party website. Plus, I understand if I was redeeming one gift card, but i was redeeming two gift cards and one worked just fine the way I was redeeming it.
I told him that he was wrong and get his facts right before giving me the wrong answer. Took over 3 days. Nothing was solved. I had to email over 5 times for him respond back twice. Very unprofessional, unorangized, and uneducated. I believed he did not want to admit the fact he was wrong and kept saying he can't refund me. BS gave them proof. He needs to suck up his ego and admit he was wrong. I even mention their 1-year fake ass guarantees. No standard what so ever about their policy. FAKE ADVICEMENT

I called customer service, the lady kept putting me on hold. I ask for a manager she came back on the phone with no manger and try to offer me $5 Raise cash for the inconvenience. $5 freaking dollar?!?! For a $48 purchase.
How sweet. How about I give you a penny and you guys give me a $100 gift card? Sound fair right!

At this point. No one can come up with a solution at Raise so I just reported to my credit card company that the charge was a fraud.
WILL NEVER USE RAISE AGAIN. They don't care about their loyal customers that been with them many many years. Spending hundreds of dollars.

I want everyone to know and be aware when using Raise. You might get lucky but when that one bad gift card you get, you might not get your money back.!

tramt3
5/17/19

About customer service I saw my order cancel so I called to the customer service and the man who answer me with bad Attitude. Never ever got any treat to the customer like that. if possible I will rate 0 star for the man who even did not solve my problem and very rude behavior. Just like he in a upper level and customer needs him give a favor

jessical564
5/15/19

I made two purchases on the website. The cards did not have the correct amount on them that I paid for. I contacted customer service, and they refused to refund the full amount. A few days later, I get another charge of over $1,000 on my card THAT I DID NOT MAKE. At this point I contact my bank to start fraud proceedings. The bank fixes everything (including returning the money to Raise.com that they had paid me as a partial return), and I get a new credit card. I thought that would be the end. A few weeks later, I got another charge for $91.29. On my NEW credit card. How did they even get that account number? According to my bank, they are listed as a "recurring provider." Why would they be a recurring provider if they sell gift cards? It's not like they have a subscription service.

brianc614
4/28/19

Customer service is very poor and it treats its potential customer like criminals.

Brian Chamberlain
drbrian1165@gmal.com

gracem167
4/22/19

I sold a gift card went to withdraw the funds and my account was suspended i called they and was told i could only get my funds after i sent copy a DL, Passport all four corners then i had to take another picture of those two things and send it to them or they will not release my founds.. This company is just a way of stealing your money

jenniferc824
4/19/19

All it fine and well until you actually want to get your funds from selling a gift card. They say that you can receive your money via ACH, PayPal, or a check in the mail. Might seem okay until you realize that they charge $30 for a paper check, PayPal wouldn't authorize the transfer because they don't deem them trustworthy, and the ask for a social security number to do an ACH transfer. Not giving my social to a company that PayPal doesn't think is trustworthy. I sat on hold for hours trying to get them to wave the $30 fee since PayPal wouldn't allow a transfer, and they wouldn't budge. It took them days to respond to anything via email, and their hold times were completely ridiculous. I will NEVER do business with this company again and I still have yet to figure out a way to get my money.

samj188
3/14/19

Customer service is awful. Very rude and unprofessional. Called around 7pm EST 3/14/19 and female said she was the only person in the department and no one else to speak to and then hung up on me and deactivated my account. All because I asked to change the phone number. She said I had another account?? Wrong. Wouldn't listen to a word I said after she made that assumption and repeatedly cut me off when I tried to speak. I would not trust this company.

richardg573
2/24/19

I spent thousands on Raise, as I use them for large purchases. One day I purchased a gift card that would not process thru the merchant. After a month of trying to place the order and raise not helping me I am at a loss and out of 266$. Raise STOLE from me. They don't care about customers at all.

bonniec138
1/17/19

I purchased a Caribou Coffee gift card in Oct 2018. Went to use it over Thanksgiving and was told there was no money on the card. Raise initially gave me a refund, then in January they sent me an email saying they were taking the refund back. I talked to two people who pretty much accused me of being dishonest. In the end they can only refund me if I can provide "evidence" that I did not use the card! Closing my account and called my credit card to dispute the charge.

yuanxiz
1/11/19

got two chipotle giftcards from raise. after a while they stopped working even though there is balance. Raise supervisors would not do anything to help, rather want me wait. I will never buy giftcards here again. 1 year guarantee is a joke.

kimmiea
11/30/18

Just had a VERY negative experience here. Tried selling a card - what a ridiculous waste of my time. I really am not sure what even happened here. They claimed I input my email incorrectly - ending in .con instead of .com. I don't understand how the system could even accept this. I sent several emails, which were completely not responded to.

I then gave up on trying to sell my card, as it didn't seem to be selling, and I wasn't being replied to via email. Therefore, I tried to redeem the card with the store, and was told I had a $0 balance. Spent an hour on the phone with said store, having them tell me that the card was spent online. I then called Raise - finding their number at the very bottom of the screen in TINY print - seems they are trying to avoid being reached.

Spent 45 minutes on the phone with them - DID finally, and NOT easily, get my profit from sale of the original gift card. I was spoken to with arrogance, had a rude comment said towards me, and when I finally said that I would like to speak to a supervisor, the supervisor told me that they could give me $5 to spend on Raise.com for my time... LOL. $5. WHAT A JOKE.
MY TIME is WAY more valuable than $5!!! Wow. NEVER using Raise again and will be telling EVERYONE to avoid them! - Kim

brandonc145
11/17/18

DO NOT SELL WITH THEM. They will rob you.

This is not a reputable company and they will ignore you if you have any problems. It doesn't matter how long you've been a customer. Buyers have up to one year to use their gift card and then file a claim against you, and Raise will take your money without question.

It's impossible to reach their customer service and they don't care about trying to make things right.

t
11/2/18

they have no system in place that prevents sellers from using the same gc themselves or from re-selling gc on another venue other than Raise. check reviews on bbb: others have exactly the same issue as we had. save yourself some grief, buy elsewhere. bought a restaurant gc back in May and tried to used it for the first time in October and it turned out it had 0 balance. raise said it was used in July by someone. since i was out of the country during that month until mid august, there was no way this gc was used by me during that time. this gift card was worth $50 and was used in 1 go. i have never been to this location of ihop restaurant in my life. they denied refund based on pure conjecture: they have no proof we used it.

Tip for consumers: sellers can still use the gc they already sold on raise themselves before you use it or they can re-sell on another site without you knowing. either way, raise can't and won't do anything about it.

kateh128
9/6/18

I bought a Pandora gift card on 5/2016. The value is $200.00. I tried to use it at the store yesterday. I was told the card was redeemed on 10/2016. Never buy any discounted gift card on member to member website. You end up losing money.

stepheng241
8/17/18

The above issue was resolved seamlessly and professionally by Merrick. Much appreciated......................................

kellyj141
7/30/18

I should have read these reviews before I used the site. Hopefully, someone else will learn from my horrid experience. I was able to purchase a laptop that was on a 1-day sale from Best Buy, and I had two additional coupons that I could use. I decided to be extra cheap and save a bit more by buying gift cards from Raise. Big mistake. Huge! Four of the cards failed the Best Buy validation. I called Raise only to find out that the issue would take 7-10 BUSINESS days on their end to sort out. I couldn't wait that long. Meanwhile, Best Buy had flagged my order and wouldn't process it by just removing the fraudulent gift cards. I had to cancel the order and start over. However, one of the coupon codes that I had previously used now came up as "invalid, previously used". It was a $150 code! What a nightmare! If you sell gift cards, it seems like a simple thing to make certain that they are valid. If they aren't valid, refund your customers. I'll likely have to pursue a refund through my credit card company. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from Raise. It's not worth the aggravation.

Response from Jill B., Raise.com Representative
We apologize for the inconvenience, Kelly. We needed time to contact the brand and determine why the cards weren't working. Now that we have concluded our investigation, we are able to provide you with a full refund for the 4 cards that you contacted us about. Please check your email, as you will find further information there.
mjn3
7/18/18
• Updated review

Raise has recently improved their buying process by showing a timer for how long your purchases will last in your cart. This has been extremely helpful. In the past your cart items would expire without warning but now you can see how long you have to check out before they disappear. It still puts pressure on you to shop quickly or lose your item but it's better than in the past.

“Purchases will disappear from your cart before you can buy”
4/1/18
• Previous review

I have used this site and the deals are great...when they work which is about half the time. If you place an order in your cart, it disappears spontaneously, especially when they offer discount codes, making it impossible to purchase more than one thing without it getting bought out from under you. It's ridiculous that they don't hold it until you can check out. Online chat help was nonexistent.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
We'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We understand how this leads to a very frustrating checkout experience and it's a priority for us to address this. At the moment, reserved checkout is available via the mobile app only. As mentioned, we hope to bring this feature to the web soon and we'll be sure to update our members when/if this change goes live. Please let us know if you have any further questions or feedback via email at member.success@raise.com.
christopherb307
6/9/18

I bought a card, it had a zero balance. I was ran through a lot of hoops and then told it could not be refunded because the company was going out of business. It wasn't when I started the dispute, but by the time I received a response and finished running through hoops, it was. Terrible response time, and terrible service. I ended up filing a dispute with my credit card company. A few weeks later I went to use a different card I had purchased prior to this ordeal. It too didn't work. I called and the rep verified that the pin was invalid on the card and the card would not work. They could not refund me because my account had been put on hold because of the dispute. This is completely unrelated and even verified by the customer service rep. What a crock. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. The "guarantee" is a JOKE!

loriem16
5/20/18

Have started using this to purchase GC for hotels.com and other merchants... definitely have saved about $30 so far in the few purchases!

camilleh22
4/21/18

Ive saved thousands over several years using this site and any problems Ive had have been quickly resolved by customer service! Thank you Raise!!!!

donnaa125
4/14/18

I would highly recomend Raise.com. I have always been able to solve any problem with a card quickly and successfully. They are polite and very knowledgeable.

amyw218
3/8/18

I have used Raise quite a few times for buying discounted gift cards.. Recently, I bought a gift card and when I went to use it, it said that there was no balance. I immediately called Raise Customer Service and they refunded me immediately. I was very happy with how quickly they fixed the issue. Thank goodness for the 1 year money back guarantee! Even with that mishap, I will still continue to use Raise. It's a wonderful service to save a little bit of extra money! :)

meghanf10
3/7/18

Polite and so helpful. Cedric was wonderful from the beginning of my call the the end. He was knowledgeable and quickly resolved my issue.

ab5377
2/22/18

I've bought from Raise, GiftCardZen, GiftCardSpread, and CardPool.

This last purchase was my third one from Raise. After dealing with the HORRIBLE customer service at CardPool, I looked back through my emails to see which sites I had bought from and how quickly my electronic gift cards arrived. Raise was fast so I went back with them and literally had my cards within 3 minutes of submitting my order. In contrast, I waited 6 days to receive an electronic gift card from CardPool and still never received it before cancelling the order.....SIX DAYS!

I had a problem with the lowes gift cards i purchased from Raise as they did not work at lowes. It took upwards of 10 calls and over 3 months before I received my over $700 back. I will never buy anything on Raise again

By Gideon D.

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D.
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l.

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H.

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D.

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B.

Christy, Raise is not a bank and has not established an escrow account. The buyer shoulders the financial liability. Check their terms and conditions

By Dave F.

Susan, we're sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. Can you please send an email to member.success@raise.com with the email address associated with your account so that we can look into this for you?

By Jill B., Raise.com Representative

Hi April! There are absolutely no fees associated with using Raise! All you need is a Raise account and you'll be good to go! Let us know if you have any further questions.

By Juan H.

Can you please send us an email to member.success@raise.com at your earliest convenience? We are sorry for any troubles this has caused and we'd like to get this addressed as quickly as possible.

By Juan H.
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com