Review of Raise.com

Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422

saras225
2/8/18

I was a frequent Raise.com purchaser until I noticed on my last Citi Mastercard statement that my single purchase of a $23.55 gift card was categorized as a recurring payment for some unknown reason. Since the merchant determines the category, and not Citi, all I could do was block Raise.com, as I don't want to be billed for $23.55 every month for nothing! So for now they've lost me as a customer. Keep an eye on your statements if you use them!

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi Sara. Thanks for providing us with this feedback. We can assure you that this is NOT a recurring purchase and we'd like to sincerely apologize for the confusion. For the order number provided, there is only one charge and no other charges will appear on your card without your authorization. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to send us an email to member.success@raise.com. We're happy to help.
ilanav
2/6/18

I bought from raise several times and I decided that it's not worth it. If you are staying home housewife, have all this time to spare and really counting pennies - do it. If you get the card - you really need to check it and make sure it's not empty. Great feeling when you are in the register with your purchases and poor cashier keeps trying several times to slide your card. I ended up wasting time and money. I gave my mom Ross gift card, but she took too long to use it and she felt embarrassed to tell me that card was empty, I found it accidentally. Well, their 1 year warranty was over, but it pissed me off. I'm done with Raise

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi Ilana. We'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Every listing on Raise is verified twice, once at the initial listing and once at the time of purchase to make sure the card has a valid and accurate balance. Our Guarantee is also in place to protect your purchase price for up to 1 year. Unfortunately, at the time you had initially contacted us, you were slightly outside of that timeframe. We understand how frustrating this experience has been and we'd like to work towards a resolution and make things right. Please be on the lookout for an email shortly from our Member Success team.
georgiao7
1/30/18

I have been selling gift cards at Raise for some time now and have so much good to say about them!! I get a great payout, the cards sell quickly and the staff is so nice!! They will deposit directly into your checking account which saves so much time. So many companies give gift cards for rewards and you can sell them there get a great payout!! The payout here is the best on the market for every card I have sold!! All the best to Raise and the staff!! I plan on buying gift cards here also. They help a lot of people!!

jessieh37
1/21/18

the great service and refund my money back fast. I feel it is good when your card has something wrong , the customer service would support you and explain them to get refund.

rjh8
1/20/18

I've been ordering from Raise.com for years. I've saved so much money purchasing distressed gift cards. I have probably bought over $10,000 in cards with no issues. The very few times (less that 1%) that there has been a problem customer service is not only very easy to reach but they have been able to resolve the problem to my satisfaction. The company is based in Chicago, not overseas which means when I call I am talking to a real person on the same time schedule as myself and who speaks understandable English. I would recommend this business and have recommended them to all my family and friends.

amberc74
1/17/18

I have never had any problem using raise for my gift cards. In the past, using several different sites that are terrible experiences with not even bothering to send a card I ordered, I have remained loyal to only raise and will never go with any other site again. Reliability is golden!!

matta57
1/13/18

Missed out on a promo offer due to a mistake on my part. The agent who assisted me, Carlton, credited my account and showed me how to resolve problems like this in the future.

wendyw120
1/10/18

Agent was really nice and help me resolve my shipping address problem. He was really quick and friendly.

vikasj7
1/10/18

Love it. Took care of my concern, very helpful, and compassionate people at customer service. Will use Raise more often in future. R576873898

connieh65
1/4/18

I love Raise and use it all the time. If I ever need assistance the staff at Raise is quick to help. A+

jaredr18
1/2/18

Raise is one in a million. Gift cards do take some time to be approved because there are strong anti-fraud measures in place, but they usually sell almost instantaneously. Dont risk selling your gift card on eBay then getting a message from them saying, the buyer was fraudulent with some odd code number and then being screwed out of your cash. Raise is the way to go, and their support is the best I have ever dealt with! Super professional listeners with can-do policies and a great attitude!

kevenf3
12/29/17

I truly appreciate the speed of service from Raise Customer Support.

I buy from other gift card suppliers, but if Raise has the same merchant gift cards, and they are reasonably close in price, then I prefer Raise above all others. The one year guarantee and great customer support is what makes the difference for me.

josephc202
12/29/17

GREAT COMPANY TO DEAL WITH . EXCELLENT SERVICE AND SUPPORT .
I AM A BIG BIG RETURN CUSTOMER. VERY HAPPY MAN WITH RAISE.

joomil
Joomi L.
12/22/17

It is easy and cheap gift card online shop. Also, email delivery is so fast. I totally recommend this site to buy gift card!!!1

cheryls139
12/21/17

I bought 2 gift cards from Raise, one was good and one was not, filled the problems section out and was refunded in two days.

erins93
12/20/17

I have purchased multiple cards and I always check the value of the card at time of purchase. The cards have been in my possession since the purchase. I have gone to use several cards and been told they were not activated and/or they have a $0.00 balance. I am out of the one year guarantee and was told too bad. The cards I am referring to add up to hundreds of dollars and the cards do not expire so they should be guaranteed for the life of the card. Raise takes the money and does not back up the cards. BUYER BEWARE.

Tip for consumers: BUYER BEWARE

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
All cards on Raise are protected by our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee. Although these cards may be outside of that time-frame, we would still like to look into this to potentially work towards a resolution. We cannot apologize enough for the inconvenience this has caused you and we look forward to hearing from you soon. Please send us an email to member.success@raise.com at your earliest convenience.
lakshmananmurthyn
12/17/17

Earlier purchased Uber gift card and it was valid . so when going for my second purchase i Had so many questions before buying the gift card of HP. So contacted customer service to get it clarified. They Answered to all my questions regarding the HP gift card with patience and given me right information . I am satisfied with there services .

ronaldw84
12/17/17

Despite my long wait time, for which my rep Ava was very apologetic, my problem was solved very quickly, leaving me totally relieved and satisfied. Ava was very professional and knew exactly what steps were necessary to solve my problem. Thank you very much Raise for having customer service as represented by Ava.

jenb88
12/16/17

Had to call customer service due to an issue with ecard. Wait time was very long, which is why I rated it a 3. The rep that helped me, Fiona, was excellent! She promptly fixed the problem, was very pleasant and made sure the code worked for me.

aidanb25
12/15/17

Can't make an account and the company doesn't know why so they just show me an error message saying I can't create an account at this time. Trash.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
We'd like to apologize for the troubles this has caused you. Can you please send us an email to member.success@raise.com at your earliest convenience? We'd like to get this resolved as quickly as possible.
amys283
12/9/17

I ordered a gift card to give as a gift. My friend went to use it and there was nothing on it. I called raise and they gave me my money back and extra!! A great company that stands behinds what is purchased.

markc333
11/23/17

Purchased $50 IHOP gift card. Went to the restaurant and they said the card was not valid. Contacted Raise.com and received a refund within a day. Thanks.

brianb267
11/18/17

SAFE, PROFESSIONAL, HANDS DOWN THE BEST
Carlton was able to listen to my problems & take care of me even after being on phone with like 8 other companies paying bills & he was the last call & my temper was on edge. He was calm with a Grant Cardone style to his communication. Thanks Carlton & thanks raise for being the best place to go for Gift Cards and saving that money

-Customer 4 LIFE

Tip for consumers: ASK FOR CARLTON

wendys135
11/10/17

I purchased a Nars Gift Card for $69.00 worth $100 over a year ago. I just went to use it today but found out it is an invalid card number and now I am out $69. I called Raise customer service who told me that their insurance is inly good for one year and there's nothing they can do for me. They should guarantee what they are selling for the life of the card.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
We're so sorry for any troubles this has caused you, Wendy. Our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee is in place to protect your purchase price if you ever experience any issues with a card. Unfortunately, this order does fall a bit outside of that time-frame. However, we'd like to work towards a resolution and an email has been sent to you for more information. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
jamesb608
11/8/17

They will let you list sell and upload your gift card as a seller using a VPN. But they wont let you withdraw to your same PayPal account that youve been using or have a check dispersed to the account if youre on VPN. No option to withdraw funds via their App or mobile site. Money laundering?? Contacted CSR who disconnected chat and would not answer questions. Very bizarre... their recommendation was to go to a library to withdraw...????

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi James, we'd like to apologize for this experience. We've reviewed this case and have sent it to the appropriate parties. They will be reviewing and providing proper coaching to the supporting agent. In order to best protect our buyers and sellers, we discourage the use of a VPN on our site. After double checking your account, we're happy to see you were able to request your funds as of 11/8 and you should be receiving that payment over the next couple of days. An email has been sent to you further explaining the situation, and we're happy to answer any further questions you might have about this experience.

I had a problem with the lowes gift cards i purchased from Raise as they did not work at lowes. It took upwards of 10 calls and over 3 months before I received my over $700 back. I will never buy anything on Raise again

By Gideon D., Raise.com Representative

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D., Raise.com Representative
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l., Raise.com Representative

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H., Raise.com Representative

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D., Raise.com Representative

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B., Raise.com Representative

Christy, Raise is not a bank and has not established an escrow account. The buyer shoulders the financial liability. Check their terms and conditions

By Dave F., Raise.com Representative

Can you please send us an email to member.success@raise.com at your earliest convenience? We are sorry for any troubles this has caused and we'd like to get this addressed as quickly as possible.

By Juan H., Raise.com Representative

Hi Yara! Yes, you can! Once your card has been verified and then sold, you can transfer those funds to your PayPal account. Typically, funds will appear in your account within 3 business days. Let me know if you have any other questions!

By Juan H., Raise.com Representative

Hi Abby! My apologies for the delayed response. All vouchers are typically delivered within minutes, but some may take up to 24 hours depending if further verification is needed. Please let us know if you have any additional questions!

By Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com