Review of Raise.com

Chicago, IL, USA
Tel: 888-578-8422

ronaldw84
12/17/17

Despite my long wait time, for which my rep Ava was very apologetic, my problem was solved very quickly, leaving me totally relieved and satisfied. Ava was very professional and knew exactly what steps were necessary to solve my problem. Thank you very much Raise for having customer service as represented by Ava.

jenb88
12/16/17

Had to call customer service due to an issue with ecard. Wait time was very long, which is why I rated it a 3. The rep that helped me, Fiona, was excellent! She promptly fixed the problem, was very pleasant and made sure the code worked for me.

aidanb25
12/15/17

Can't make an account and the company doesn't know why so they just show me an error message saying I can't create an account at this time. Trash.

amys283
12/9/17

I ordered a gift card to give as a gift. My friend went to use it and there was nothing on it. I called raise and they gave me my money back and extra!! A great company that stands behinds what is purchased.

markc333
11/23/17

Purchased $50 IHOP gift card. Went to the restaurant and they said the card was not valid. Contacted Raise.com and received a refund within a day. Thanks.

brianb267
11/18/17

SAFE, PROFESSIONAL, HANDS DOWN THE BEST
Carlton was able to listen to my problems & take care of me even after being on phone with like 8 other companies paying bills & he was the last call & my temper was on edge. He was calm with a Grant Cardone style to his communication. Thanks Carlton & thanks raise for being the best place to go for Gift Cards and saving that money

-Customer 4 LIFE

Tip for consumers: ASK FOR CARLTON

wendys135
11/10/17

I purchased a Nars Gift Card for $69.00 worth $100 over a year ago. I just went to use it today but found out it is an invalid card number and now I am out $69. I called Raise customer service who told me that their insurance is inly good for one year and there's nothing they can do for me. They should guarantee what they are selling for the life of the card.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
We're so sorry for any troubles this has caused you, Wendy. Our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee is in place to protect your purchase price if you ever experience any issues with a card. Unfortunately, this order does fall a bit outside of that time-frame. However, we'd like to work towards a resolution and an email has been sent to you for more information. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
jamesb608
11/8/17

They will let you list sell and upload your gift card as a seller using a VPN. But they wont let you withdraw to your same PayPal account that youve been using or have a check dispersed to the account if youre on VPN. No option to withdraw funds via their App or mobile site. Money laundering?? Contacted CSR who disconnected chat and would not answer questions. Very bizarre... their recommendation was to go to a library to withdraw...????

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi James, we'd like to apologize for this experience. We've reviewed this case and have sent it to the appropriate parties. They will be reviewing and providing proper coaching to the supporting agent. In order to best protect our buyers and sellers, we discourage the use of a VPN on our site. After double checking your account, we're happy to see you were able to request your funds as of 11/8 and you should be receiving that payment over the next couple of days. An email has been sent to you further explaining the situation, and we're happy to answer any further questions you might have about this experience.
kathleeng38
11/1/17

I bought a gift card for $95+ For Ann Taylor Loft. Purchase price was $79.17. I gave it to my daughter. When she went to use it, it was only worth $33.17. I sent it back, they sent me a refund. All WAS ok. Today, three weeks later, they reversed the credit because they say someone spent $59.97 in Oregon on the card. I live in Georgia. My daughter is in South Carolina. Neither of us has ever been to Oregon. It is NOT POSSIBLE that one of us used it there. They REFUSE to let me talk to the department that can fix this so Im screwed out of the purchase price for the card and have nothing that I can spend. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM. They say satisfaction guaranteed, I am not satisfied sending them money for something I cant use and they will not do anything about it! I regularly bought cards from them before now. I will NEVER buy from them again.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi Kathleen, we're so sorry for the inconvenience and the confusion surrounding this order. After taking a closer look at this order, you should not have been recharged and we apologize for the mistake made on our end. We will continue to review this order and follow up with the appropriate parties to make sure this does not happen again. You have been successfully refunded for this card and there is no further action needed from you at this time. A follow-up email has been sent further explaining this. Please let us know if you have any further questions surrounding this.
traceyl27
T L.
9/24/17

Unfortunately a gift card that I ordered was not shipped to me successfully but I had no problems resolving the issue. Costumer service handled it in a timely manner & I greatly appreciated that!

nickn48
9/7/17

Use this site to buy tons of cards. Had an issue where something was not clear. They refunded part of my order without problem.

rebekahw8
8/31/17

Had an issue using a card 6 months after purchasing. They didn't ask any questions except for how I would like the refund. It's great that they don't accuse customers of misuse when an unfortunate situation occurs. I really appreciate it!

shellyf21
8/30/17

Twice now I've had issues with gift cards from Raise.com. Even after providing proof that I did not use them, the site would not refund my money. Seems like a good way to save money, until you have an issue and they don't really care. Stay away from this site.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
We'd like to apologize for any troubles you've had when attempting to redeem your card. Can you please send us a private message or an email so we can locate your account? We'd love to take a closer look at this issue and make things right.
stevek112
8/30/17

The reason that Raise is the only gift card service I buy from is that they stand by their product - for 12 months. I've had to use this protection on a couple of occasions due to dishonest gift card sellers, and Raise has responded quickly and swiftly. Great company!

lonav
8/30/17

I've been buying gift cards on Raise for several stores (for online and in store uses) and haven't had any issues with any of the cards. When an early purchasing snafu hit, they had awesome customer service and fixed it. I recently bought more cards than intended and again had a great customer service experience which resolved it (there's a human you can speak to!!). While I find the app a little slow and obtuse, I love their instant messages when gift cards hit the shelves for stores that rarely have them available. Delivery of cards (almost instantaneous for digital) is always wicked prompt.

Tip for consumers: Always check balances upon receipt, as there are unscrupulous individuals who sell on Raise, but the company is very responsive to issues

sues169
8/30/17

It seems many have had the same experience with reference to Starbucks and other cards. This site is a SCAM and we should complain to the Consumer Protection Departments of your State or Illinois, as their company is headquartered in Chicago.

Their business address is 33 S State St, Chicago, IL 60603. The two agencies in Chicago and Illinois are as follows:
1) Chicago Consumer Protection Department located at https://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/progs/protect.html/

2) Illinois Consumer Protection Agency at http://www.illinoisattorneygeneral.gov/consumers/index.html

The more we complain, the more the government will investigate!

weiqil
8/29/17

Definitely solve my problem. Very friendly. Nice chat. I'll recommend your website and services to my friends!

kishorek9
8/27/17

Fast delivery, value for money, easy shopping. App works great and user friendly. Excellent customer support.

dome257
8/26/17

Complete scam, buyer beware! I purchased over $2000 worth of gift cards from this shady outfit only to find out that 12 of the cards I purchased carried a ZERO balance! After the embarrassment at the stores and restaurants ("Sorry, Sir, there is nothing on your card"), I was given vague and ambiguous answers by customer service as to why this could have happened. Save your money, the hassle and, above all, the embarrassment. Run from this company, don't walk.

amanday14
8/22/17

After I reported the gift card fraud, the customer service replied me less than 24 hours, and returned the whole refund. I like the way Raise treats its customers and ability to resolve issue. Even the credit card fraud happens, I will still consider to buy giftcards from Raise.

donniek7
8/22/17

I was very pleased with the way my inquiry was handled. I should get my refund within a few days. The amount on the card I bought was less than what it should be. The difference was a little over $20. This is an important amount of money for me, so getting the refund means a lot to me.

markh336
8/11/17
• Updated review

Raise representatives reached out to me and credited my account for the amount I lost on the Northern Tool electronic gift card. I only wish we could have resolved this issue outside of sitejabber.com. I thought this was a very fair resolution and I am now a faithful Raise customer again! Thank you Raise.com!

“Raise comes through!”
7/26/17
• Previous review

Raise representatives reached out to me and credited my account for the amount of the lost on Northern Tool card value. I only wish we could have resolved this issue outside of sitejabber.com I thought this was a very fair resolution and I am now a faithful Raise customer again! Thank you Raise.com!

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
We're very sorry for the troubles that this experience has caused you, Mark. We have a 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee to protect your purchase price in the event a card you purchased is invalid or shows an inaccurate balance. This order does fall a bit outside of that time-frame, but we appreciate you as a member and your loyalty to Raise. We'd like to review this order further and work towards a resolution. Please send us an email to member.success@raise.com and we'd be happy to move forward from there.
xinyuel1
8/7/17

I have ordered 2 e-gift cards on raise.com. I paid 890 for a 1000 dollar bloomingdale's gift card and 248.08 for a 400 dollar sunglasses hut one. I have left them for a year and half and realized those cards are inactive.

I have called raise, the customer service was nice and willing to resolve the issue for me. He has offered me a 400-dollar credit that is going to expire in 6 months. He said that is the best that he could do because the both purchases were out of the 1 year guarantee. I have lost 738.08 dollars over this incident and have to sallow this myself. I am still in shock about the loss I have had and now I am stuck with a credit that I have to spend within 6 months.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi Xinyue, thank you for posting about this experience. We'd like to sincerely apologize for the troubles you've had in redeeming your Bloomingdale's gift card. We understand this is a frustrating experience and we want to do everything we can to 1.) prevent this from happening in the future, and 2.) work towards a resolution that is fair to our members. Unfortunately, as this order does fall outside of our 1 Year Money-Back Guarantee, we are unable to provide a full purchase price refund at this time. As you mentioned, there is Raise Rewards in your account that are set to expire in 6 months. However, if you are unable to use them within that time-frame, we are more than happy to re-add them so you can use the full amount at your convenience. If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out to us. We're more than happy to follow-up!
lisad240
8/6/17

My husband bought me a MAC Cosmetics gift card for the value of $100 in June 2016. It could only be used online and I was ready to redeem it just a few days ago (July 2017).

When I was ready to check out on the MAC website, I found out the amount on the card had been wiped out. I contacted Raise and the answer was very DISAPPOINTING. They can't issue a refund or replace the card because it has been 13 months and they can only "protect" the gift card value for 1 year. They couldn't even tell me what happened to our money (who took it??). They mentioned MAC may have closed the gift card due to inactivity. I contacted the MAC customer service and they said their cards don't have inactive penalties or expiration dates.

My husband and I are very responsible with our money YET, somehow, we didn't know this could happen. I think Raise should do a better job at advertising that you're VERY LIKELY TO LOSE YOUR MONEY if you don't use your card within the 1 year period.

We will never know who stole our money because it has been just over a year and Raise won't look into it. Who knows if it happened before the 1 year window??

A better business would have sent an email to the customer reminding him of the expiration date! Such a reminder would make me think this company is trustworthy and cares about their customers. Alas, that's not the case.

I honestly think this is not a good way to conduct business. I read several other reviews and I'm convinced there's something wrong with this company. We lost $100 and I'm sure we're not the only people who had this BAD experience. I strongly advise against purchasing gift cards from them...it's better to stick to the regular gift cards - at least you know they won't steal the money from you! I most definitely won't be their customer again and I will definitely let my family, friends and co-workers know about my experience with them.

Response from Juan H., Raise.com Representative
Hi Lisa, first and foremost, we'd like to sincerely apologize for all the troubles and inconvenience this whole experience has caused you. We've taken a closer look at this issue, and have reached out to you via email in hopes of working towards a resolution. There was some new information that was presented that we are more than happy to review in this case. There was also some information that was not accurate that was relayed to you, and we cannot apologize enough for that confusion. We look forward to hearing back from you soon.
pamelad66
8/5/17

I have been fighting with your website for 3 days and was extremely irritated by the time I decided to call and wait on hold for you. I was irritated and $#*!y. I was rude during the call but she handled me with complete professionalism. She is a great.

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D.
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l.

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H.

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D.

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B.

Hi Tara! There is no way to directly gift someone a card at this time but if you are buying an egift/voucher, you can download the PDF and send to a friend that way! We hope this helps, and if you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach back out!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]

So sorry for the delay Shelby. Depending on your payment method, you can receive your payment within 2-3 business days! (ACH or PayPal). Don't hesitate to reach back out if you have further questions!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]

Hi Kacey! Depending on the total amount that you have sold, we may require additional information. If you'd like to send us an email to member.success@raise.com, we'd be happy to discuss in detail!

By Juan H. [Raise.com Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com