Review of Raise.com

Tel: 888-578-8422
support@raise.com

kateh128
9/6/18

I bought a Pandora gift card on 5/2016. The value is $200.00. I tried to use it at the store yesterday. I was told the card was redeemed on 10/2016. Never buy any discounted gift card on member to member website. You end up losing money.

stepheng241
8/17/18

The above issue was resolved seamlessly and professionally by Merrick. Much appreciated......................................

kellyj141
7/30/18

I should have read these reviews before I used the site. Hopefully, someone else will learn from my horrid experience. I was able to purchase a laptop that was on a 1-day sale from Best Buy, and I had two additional coupons that I could use. I decided to be extra cheap and save a bit more by buying gift cards from Raise. Big mistake. Huge! Four of the cards failed the Best Buy validation. I called Raise only to find out that the issue would take 7-10 BUSINESS days on their end to sort out. I couldn't wait that long. Meanwhile, Best Buy had flagged my order and wouldn't process it by just removing the fraudulent gift cards. I had to cancel the order and start over. However, one of the coupon codes that I had previously used now came up as "invalid, previously used". It was a $150 code! What a nightmare! If you sell gift cards, it seems like a simple thing to make certain that they are valid. If they aren't valid, refund your customers. I'll likely have to pursue a refund through my credit card company. Do yourself a favor and stay far away from Raise. It's not worth the aggravation.

Response from Jill B., Raise.com Representative
We apologize for the inconvenience, Kelly. We needed time to contact the brand and determine why the cards weren't working. Now that we have concluded our investigation, we are able to provide you with a full refund for the 4 cards that you contacted us about. Please check your email, as you will find further information there.
hansf22
7/28/18

Pleseeee I am in the EU and would love to use this site but I can't create an account from here would anybody be for friendly to create one for me in the US?

mjn3
7/18/18
• Updated review

Raise has recently improved their buying process by showing a timer for how long your purchases will last in your cart. This has been extremely helpful. In the past your cart items would expire without warning but now you can see how long you have to check out before they disappear. It still puts pressure on you to shop quickly or lose your item but it's better than in the past.

“Purchases will disappear from your cart before you can buy”
4/1/18
• Previous review

I have used this site and the deals are great...when they work which is about half the time. If you place an order in your cart, it disappears spontaneously, especially when they offer discount codes, making it impossible to purchase more than one thing without it getting bought out from under you. It's ridiculous that they don't hold it until you can check out. Online chat help was nonexistent.

Response from Juan H.
We'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We understand how this leads to a very frustrating checkout experience and it's a priority for us to address this. At the moment, reserved checkout is available via the mobile app only. As mentioned, we hope to bring this feature to the web soon and we'll be sure to update our members when/if this change goes live. Please let us know if you have any further questions or feedback via email at member.success@raise.com.
christopherb307
6/9/18

I bought a card, it had a zero balance. I was ran through a lot of hoops and then told it could not be refunded because the company was going out of business. It wasn't when I started the dispute, but by the time I received a response and finished running through hoops, it was. Terrible response time, and terrible service. I ended up filing a dispute with my credit card company. A few weeks later I went to use a different card I had purchased prior to this ordeal. It too didn't work. I called and the rep verified that the pin was invalid on the card and the card would not work. They could not refund me because my account had been put on hold because of the dispute. This is completely unrelated and even verified by the customer service rep. What a crock. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. The "guarantee" is a JOKE!

loriem16
5/20/18

Have started using this to purchase GC for hotels.com and other merchants... definitely have saved about $30 so far in the few purchases!

camilleh22
4/21/18

Ive saved thousands over several years using this site and any problems Ive had have been quickly resolved by customer service! Thank you Raise!!!!

donnaa125
4/14/18

I would highly recomend Raise.com. I have always been able to solve any problem with a card quickly and successfully. They are polite and very knowledgeable.

amyw218
3/8/18

I have used Raise quite a few times for buying discounted gift cards.. Recently, I bought a gift card and when I went to use it, it said that there was no balance. I immediately called Raise Customer Service and they refunded me immediately. I was very happy with how quickly they fixed the issue. Thank goodness for the 1 year money back guarantee! Even with that mishap, I will still continue to use Raise. It's a wonderful service to save a little bit of extra money! :)

meghanf10
3/7/18

Polite and so helpful. Cedric was wonderful from the beginning of my call the the end. He was knowledgeable and quickly resolved my issue.

ab5377
2/22/18

I've bought from Raise, GiftCardZen, GiftCardSpread, and CardPool.

This last purchase was my third one from Raise. After dealing with the HORRIBLE customer service at CardPool, I looked back through my emails to see which sites I had bought from and how quickly my electronic gift cards arrived. Raise was fast so I went back with them and literally had my cards within 3 minutes of submitting my order. In contrast, I waited 6 days to receive an electronic gift card from CardPool and still never received it before cancelling the order.....SIX DAYS!

saras225
2/8/18

I was a frequent Raise.com purchaser until I noticed on my last Citi Mastercard statement that my single purchase of a $23.55 gift card was categorized as a recurring payment for some unknown reason. Since the merchant determines the category, and not Citi, all I could do was block Raise.com, as I don't want to be billed for $23.55 every month for nothing! So for now they've lost me as a customer. Keep an eye on your statements if you use them!

Response from Juan H.
Hi Sara. Thanks for providing us with this feedback. We can assure you that this is NOT a recurring purchase and we'd like to sincerely apologize for the confusion. For the order number provided, there is only one charge and no other charges will appear on your card without your authorization. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to send us an email to member.success@raise.com. We're happy to help.
ilanav
2/6/18

I bought from raise several times and I decided that it's not worth it. If you are staying home housewife, have all this time to spare and really counting pennies - do it. If you get the card - you really need to check it and make sure it's not empty. Great feeling when you are in the register with your purchases and poor cashier keeps trying several times to slide your card. I ended up wasting time and money. I gave my mom Ross gift card, but she took too long to use it and she felt embarrassed to tell me that card was empty, I found it accidentally. Well, their 1 year warranty was over, but it pissed me off. I'm done with Raise

Response from Juan H.
Hi Ilana. We'd like to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. Every listing on Raise is verified twice, once at the initial listing and once at the time of purchase to make sure the card has a valid and accurate balance. Our Guarantee is also in place to protect your purchase price for up to 1 year. Unfortunately, at the time you had initially contacted us, you were slightly outside of that timeframe. We understand how frustrating this experience has been and we'd like to work towards a resolution and make things right. Please be on the lookout for an email shortly from our Member Success team.
georgiao7
1/30/18

I have been selling gift cards at Raise for some time now and have so much good to say about them!! I get a great payout, the cards sell quickly and the staff is so nice!! They will deposit directly into your checking account which saves so much time. So many companies give gift cards for rewards and you can sell them there get a great payout!! The payout here is the best on the market for every card I have sold!! All the best to Raise and the staff!! I plan on buying gift cards here also. They help a lot of people!!

jessieh37
1/21/18

the great service and refund my money back fast. I feel it is good when your card has something wrong , the customer service would support you and explain them to get refund.

rjh8
1/20/18

I've been ordering from Raise.com for years. I've saved so much money purchasing distressed gift cards. I have probably bought over $10,000 in cards with no issues. The very few times (less that 1%) that there has been a problem customer service is not only very easy to reach but they have been able to resolve the problem to my satisfaction. The company is based in Chicago, not overseas which means when I call I am talking to a real person on the same time schedule as myself and who speaks understandable English. I would recommend this business and have recommended them to all my family and friends.

amberc74
1/17/18

I have never had any problem using raise for my gift cards. In the past, using several different sites that are terrible experiences with not even bothering to send a card I ordered, I have remained loyal to only raise and will never go with any other site again. Reliability is golden!!

matta57
1/13/18

Missed out on a promo offer due to a mistake on my part. The agent who assisted me, Carlton, credited my account and showed me how to resolve problems like this in the future.

wendyw120
1/10/18

Agent was really nice and help me resolve my shipping address problem. He was really quick and friendly.

vikasj7
1/10/18

Love it. Took care of my concern, very helpful, and compassionate people at customer service. Will use Raise more often in future. R576873898

connieh65
1/4/18

I love Raise and use it all the time. If I ever need assistance the staff at Raise is quick to help. A+

jaredr18
1/2/18

Raise is one in a million. Gift cards do take some time to be approved because there are strong anti-fraud measures in place, but they usually sell almost instantaneously. Dont risk selling your gift card on eBay then getting a message from them saying, the buyer was fraudulent with some odd code number and then being screwed out of your cash. Raise is the way to go, and their support is the best I have ever dealt with! Super professional listeners with can-do policies and a great attitude!

kevenf3
12/29/17

I truly appreciate the speed of service from Raise Customer Support.

I buy from other gift card suppliers, but if Raise has the same merchant gift cards, and they are reasonably close in price, then I prefer Raise above all others. The one year guarantee and great customer support is what makes the difference for me.

josephc202
12/29/17

GREAT COMPANY TO DEAL WITH . EXCELLENT SERVICE AND SUPPORT .
I AM A BIG BIG RETURN CUSTOMER. VERY HAPPY MAN WITH RAISE.

I had a problem with the lowes gift cards i purchased from Raise as they did not work at lowes. It took upwards of 10 calls and over 3 months before I received my over $700 back. I will never buy anything on Raise again

By Gideon D.

The usual issue is that someone will buy a gift card with a stolen credit card and then sell it to Raise (or others) for cash. Usually within 100 days the gift card issuer will find out when they have been charged back for the stolen card purchase, at which point they invalidate the card and zero the balance. Raise.com will refund you the unused balance on the card prior to it being zeroed out, but only within 60 days of your order. Their short protection policy limits their exposure if a high value card is invalidated and you come looking for a refund three months after you bought it. Every gift card reseller has a different policy for refunds. Some are as short as a few weeks, others last 100 days or more. Raise.com's 60 day policy is shorter than many of their competitors, which is why I don't use them much anymore. The lessons I have learned is only order cards you will use entirely within the next month, never gift them to others, and keep a spreadsheet if you order a lot of cards so you can keep track of balances. In all, I've had about 3% of the 200 cards I've ordered suddenly zeroed out. The majority were for improbably large amounts, which is why I now try and order lower value cards. One site suddenly listed 10 $100 gift cards for Jimmy Johns, a sub shop. One has to wonder who would order gift cards like this in the first place, only to put up for resale. It turned out the original buyer used a stolen credit card to buy them all and turned the proceeds into cash. The cards were all zeroed out. I have learned to be suspicious when a large number of high $ value cards in the same amount suddenly go up for sale. So while it may make sense to buy a $100 gift card for Sears, it usually isn't to buy a $100 gift card for Dunkin Donuts.

By Phillip D.
Since so many people complain about the gift card balance all gone after 100 days and raise doesn't bother and sorry u are screwed I cannot help haha kinda thing. While I am one of the victims, there is something painful I learnt from the 10 hrs of panic and anger on phone calls to raise, to Wholefood and TJMaxx store managers and customer services. Meanwhile, I am a mother of a crying 10 months old baby who I was carrying him at the TJMaxx store trying to resolved the 0 balance giftcard (I purchased from raise) problem with no results and no help. I learnt this lesson the most painful way. I cannot believe I let myself go through such terrible experience because of a mistake of buying their giftcards on raise. I learnt This is how unsafe it is about giftcard is that, because we don't have the original purchase receipt!! I thought the TJMaxx physical giftcard was safer but not really. The person who sold us the card report lost or stolen card and get his card replaced and zero out our balance. Because TJMaxx will only ask for the original receipt and credit card proof of payment, if u can tell them the purchase date they can help you. But of course we Will never know that piece of information. And the store asked where u got the gift card from, once they know it's from raise they said sorry we cannot help u at all. Anyways, we better not buy anymore gift cards unless u use it right away. Or prepare to cry and panic at the store when u wanna use it to make a few purchases for your baby and family. That's the only suggestions most people will tell me. Do u guys have any "buyer be aware" experience to share or any painful stories like mine to share?

people should unite and file a class action lawsuit against these guys, any attorneys reading this???

By karen l.

You check the balance on the business' website. For instance, if you have a McDonald's gift card, go to McDonald's website to check the card balance.

By G H.

I'm a new member and I don't know much. I do know they buy and sell gift cards but, I don't know the commission rates. Sorry I couldn't be more help. The customer service staff is very friendly and helpful if you call them.

By Stephen D.

I was a 1st time raise user 08/15 & got my Home Depot ecard immediately! My review here gives them 4 out of 5 stars from my 1 experience.

By Rachel B.

Christy, Raise is not a bank and has not established an escrow account. The buyer shoulders the financial liability. Check their terms and conditions

By Dave F.

Susan, we're sorry to hear about the trouble you are having. Can you please send an email to member.success@raise.com with the email address associated with your account so that we can look into this for you?

By Jill B., Raise.com Representative

Hi April! There are absolutely no fees associated with using Raise! All you need is a Raise account and you'll be good to go! Let us know if you have any further questions.

By Juan H.

Can you please send us an email to member.success@raise.com at your earliest convenience? We are sorry for any troubles this has caused and we'd like to get this addressed as quickly as possible.

By Juan H.
Questions? Get answers from the Raise.com staff and other customers.

10 Photos for Raise.com