Review of Priceline

Tel: +1.2032998412
hostmaster@priceline.com

nathang41
6/16/17

Priceline sent me an email saying they were unable to process my request for a rental car and then later charged my credit card for $292 for a car I didn't know about. Spent hours on Customer Service, got cut off and they called back...from Morocco. CS agents have no authority to issue refunds at all. They just read off prepared scripts and DENY, DENY, DENY. Avoid Priceline at all costs!!!

aliciar33
6/13/17

I bid for a car. Used the same price that I could have received if i booked directly from the car company instead of using one of these so-called "deal" sites. Completed the deal unknowingly that i had already given my credit card info. That would not have bothered me as much, but did not see the taxes and fees until "after" the booking. I actually am paying $28 more through Priceline. Directly through Avis, I would have paid the same price of $48 per day, but my total was $255 and not $283.
So, NOT a deal!
Tried calling their 888 number. Recorded message said "unable to do anything right now". Customer service...NONE!

tiffanyp42
6/6/17

I rented a car in Denver CO. I was asked as the desk if I wanted Loss and Damage insurance. I declined. So did my husband. They still charged me for it! It is my fault for not looking through the rental agreement, I was in a rush (there was a 30 min wait for my car). So I rush through reading it, but it is super shady to add something that I declined! I WILL NEVER USE AVIS again! I will make sure to tell others not to as well! Also, when I got there they asked me if I wanted to "upgrade" my car for a small additional fee. I said no, then they said, "well we don't have your car." so they had to give me an upgraded car. Again, SHADY! You don't have my car and you first try to make me pay for the upgrade. TERRIBLE!

sandras195
6/5/17

Love this shop!
Everything you want on the shelf. Handy tips and easy to order.
Great place to shop and brands are cheaper.

priscillav8
6/4/17

I bid on a car rental multiple times. I didn't realize I would be locked into the bid they accepted without any option to finalize it. When I realized it was final I immediately called Priceline - within 2 minutes of getting to the acceptance screen. I told them I made an error and was not ready to book this. Customer service told me that there was no way to reverse it. I said I made a mistake and misunderstood the process, but there was no stopping the order. I was not treated like a human being who made a mistake and immediately tried to correct it. This is very bad business, and I will not use Priceline again. Their customer service is completely inflexible and does not allow for human technical error. There are MANY companies that are far more human and decent than this one. They are taking my money without my authorization, as far as I'm concerned. As a frequent traveler, I have taken them off my list of booking options. STAY AWAY. THEY DO NOT WORK WITH YOU AND ARE COMPLETELY INFLEXIBLE!!!!!!

richards332
5/30/17

With in an hour of booking a room my itinerary changed. Called the hotel and they said contact Priceline to get a refund. All customer chat said was I had to eat the price of the room. Should have some time, like 24 hr., to be able to cancel. Not worth the small discount. Will never use again!

marshab17
5/29/17

I made a mistake and inadvertently booked two cars with Priceline within 9 minutes. When I called Priceline to cancel the higher priced duplicate car rental, Priceline refused to let me keep the lower cost rental. Terrible experience and I'll never use Priceline again. To claim Priceline has good customer service is false.

baharehg1
5/26/17

Very very poor customer service. They don't even care if the customer is happy. Our hotel had stains on the sheets and a dead $#*!roach in the tub, but Priceline refused to help refund or partially refund the room.

lornar6
5/24/17

Priceline has terrible customer service! Website glitch lead to an issue with my booking. Agents were completely rude and unwilling to help out. Despite the fact that I've been booking vacations through them for years!!!

ug407
5/22/17

Absolutely awful, no toilet paper in the room, coffee maker so dirty that i did not want to touch it much less brew coffee. Blankets stained, pillows dirty. Fridge froze all of my food. Toilet and shower dirty. Dungeon room, not one window. Front desk gave me the runaround since i booked through priceline, and priceline pointed back at the hotel. Will never stay there again, nor book through priceline.

lavernee3
5/17/17

Today for the first time booking with this company. They took my money. I saw a around trip and booked it right then. The company processed the first trip and then not the second. When I tried to reach some one to help me their automated service would sent me to the online chat and the online chat people sent me to automated. After about 3 different chat people one person just called me. They then began to tell me even though I see the flight on their website for the last 4 hours after I book the it was not available and money money would be refunded in 3 to 7 business day and for now I could just try to book again. When I expected to him I didn't how money to rebook until they released the money they have on hold I would told that they were sorry and they couldn't do and thing about it. This money was to get me to my son's graduation on Monday May 22 and now that can not happen. Now I don't know how I'm going to get the money to see him. The agent simple told me to get in touch with the airline when I have no conf. number and see what they can do for me. Can someone tell me is this how price work all the time?

dw717
5/17/17

I booked a hotel through one of Pricelines subsidiaries, Kayak which is owned by Priceline. Kayak allows affiliates on their website to book through and Amoma.com is one of them and is based in Switzerland. Upon submitting my card number to pay for the hotel stay, I received an email stating my booking request was declined. My booking being declined was not the problem. The problem is they authorize a hold for the amount to your bank and won't release the hold for 30-45 days. This prevents you from accessing that money. I called my bank and they said the merchant, Amoma.com has to release the hold but I have gotten nothing but a run around from them. I will never book through Priceline, Kayak or Amoma ever again! I am still waiting on my money! I didn't get a hotel through them and I haven't gotten my money back. You've fooled me once but never again. Shameful how you take advantage of people's hard earned money.

janells3
5/15/17

Trying to rent a car. Website is not working so I called customer service for assistance. Took me 7 minutes to get through the automated system. I had to request "flight" informations because the automated systems is generated to tell you to go back to the web. Rep couldn't help me at all. Told me to refresh my phone or go to a computer or laptop because they can't book my rental over the phone. Horrible.

rebeccaf43
5/10/17

Do not book through this site they are awful they refuse to help me would not change my hotel to the same hotel just a different area very rude customer service

bonitah4
5/2/17

We booked a van rental the end of March for a family vacation. Four days later we needed to cancel this rental due to our son and daughter not being able to get this week off at their work. Priceline advertises " Unlimited Mileage" " Pay at Pick-up" "Free Cancelation". After 4 days my credit cards was billed, and when I called back to cancel or even change the date. I was told this was a "Non Cancelable Agreement". Apparently, Priceline has an agreement with Avis according to Priceline that you can't cancel or change once you've booked. This would have been nice to know, and if Priceline was forth coming and honest in their business practices I would have. Priceline is a company of Greed, not Customer Service friendly at all. Now we have tried to make changes to our vacation to accommodate Priceline and keep the original agreement due to being charged for the van only to find out Priceline has cancelled the rental through Avis. We have no van for vacation and Priceline won't refund our money.

IS THIS A COMPANY YOU WOULD WANT TO DO BUSINESS WITH?

Wish I had checked Priceline Consumer Reviews before.

Not again!

leannen4
4/30/17

Booked an express deal. What was supposed to be a 31/2 star condo stay turned out to be a scam. Checked into this so-called 31/2 star resort to find out it is a timeshare high pressure sales pitch. West Lake Resorts is nothing short of a seedy scam, and at absolute best a 2 star. Very disappointed in the way Priceline presented my purchase and the way they have handled my complaints. Sadly this longtime customers met will be using other sites when booking future trips.

cathyt29
4/28/17

Booked a refundable trip only to learn the car rental was not refundable. Priceline refused to refund me and when I disputed the charge with AMX Priceline also cancelled the reservation but kept my money. I had to pay the non refundable rental of over $250 and then could not actually use the rental. Priceline said that when you dispute a charge the reservation is automatically cancelled despite my pre paying for the entire thing. What crooks! Never use Priceline they are running a total scam!

debbiem134
4/27/17

priceline is a terrible company. They bamboozled me into using them when I thought I was using kayak by the way they made the internet search for kayak come up "kayak vs priceline" but making it look like I was using kayak. I knew priceline was terrible from past experience and didn't realize I was using that site until I had booked my car. My trip ended up getting cancelled due to severe weather and I tried to cancel the car but they refused to refund any money, saying that they were the cheapest place when they were in fact $20 more expensive than kayak. They are a seedy and shabby company and I will continue to try and be bamboozled by them again, if I can.

jennya29
4/26/17

Booked a car on line that I didn't end up needing. When I went to cancel I was told it was non-refundable and that I had agreed to the terms! HA! What a joke. My card was charged, I never received any kind of confirmation. DO NOT USE this company!!!

sarahl207
4/22/17

I've gotten some great deals using the name your own price feature and it's pretty fun, too. I would recommend, at least for hotels and rental cars. The package deals seem to be the best way to save uf thatvus whatvyoubare looking for.

kimberleyl3
4/20/17

I find their prices are higher then most discount places. I always shop for flights and I always look at PriceLine but they have never been the cheapest

frankm176
4/16/17

Priceline advertised magnuson motel in st petersburg for 94 dollars a night. No matter how to try to book a room it comes up at 130 dollars a night. Sound like a bait and switch or deliberate false advertising. Would never use them.

marcelc21
4/13/17

I always seach many sites for flight deals and everytime I've use this one I got the best prices and best deals, one for one, it never missed. I even tried to go directly to airport site and Priceline was coming out always number 1.

cees5
4/12/17

Talk about bad news. Do not buy from them. You could get bumped, and a bad seat. Go to Expedia for a pleasent experience.

donaldm94
4/12/17

Booked a hotel through Priceline. Days Inn and Suites, Jeffersonville, IN. Dirty and unsafe. Scheduled to stay 4 nights, could not stay past 2 and asked Priceline to help me get my other nights refunded. They stuck to their policy of poor customer service and overpricing their hotels. Days Inn and PRICELINE has lost my respect and business forever.

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 11/26/15
on 8/4/15
on 5/2/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other customers.

12 Photos for Priceline