US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

lynnes25
9/30/16

They all seem to have the same prices

stephaniel60
9/29/16

We waited 3 hours in a huge line for a non-existent car!! We flew in at 12 am, made it to the Avis rental office by 12:15....HUGE line!!(Some people had already been waiting 2 hours!) We waited until 3:00 am, then called for a Lyft to get us to our Airbnb. I called the next morning at 7 am(thinking I could pick it up finally) I was told there were still long lines. The reason was there were 1700 reservations and they only had a total of 1200 cars (if they had all come in!!!!!) I ended up renting from Thrifty, cost me $300 more than I was planning on spending on a rental car. This was a VERY disappointing experience

richardh197
9/29/16

Price line is terrible. Rented car advertised as Chrysler 200 or similar, got little Chevy cruise. If I had ordered compact that was advertised as Chevy cruise I would have saved roughly $5 a day. Price line said I got what I paid for. Wife booked 2 rooms and when we got to rooms they were unstayable. One smelled like someone died in it. Manager of motel agreed and price line cancelled booking. Pricelist got all money back ( priceline confirmed they did) yet refused to give wife refund after telling her on phone they would. 2 days later she got email saying penalty just happened to be what she paid total for 2 rooms. Nice $150.00 profit priceline. Anyway after several years of our business and money we will never deal with them again. Book it and hotels.com will be getting our business. Priceline used to be very good but now in my opinion the bottom of the barrel. BEWARE

sarahb242
9/27/16

I love this site for booking hotels!

sarahm251
9/27/16

My grandfather was in the hospital, I booked a flight to Alabama as fast as I could. It just so happened priceline had the most affordable tickets. I booked through them, getting the additional travel protection, and was set to leave the next morning. I received a call from my mother the next morning that my grandfather was doing better and did not feel it necessary for me to fly to Alabama. I called priceline to cancel my flight but because I had no medical reason for myself to cancel the flight they denied me. They also denied any sort of partial or full refund. The customer service tech advised me to call the trip insurer about a refund. I did this. The the insurer advised that since I cancelled within 24 hours of my flight booking that I would need to go through priceline for any an all refunds or cancelations. Can anyone see the confusion? And again since I was not the injured/in need of medical attention party I was again denied any refund for my trip.

I have used priceline in the past many times, but after this I will never use them again. The trip protection is a joke and just a false sense of security they give to customers about booking their trip through them. Trip protection is a waste of money and does not actually protect you from losing any of your money if you in fact do not take your trip for any sort of reason outside of needing personal medical attention.

ewereo
9/26/16

I booked a car early hoping to get a good deal. Closer to my travel date, I wanted to see the price. It was lowered, so I call Priveline to see if I can get a better price. Because I booked a name your price, I did not qualify for a lower price that's such rubbish. I will not do Priceline again. Buyer beware.

ronnyd9
9/22/16

this is a good site for a baseline to compare to. You still get better deals going to the source.

margoa4
9/21/16

Wasn't sure we could make the trip but thought paying the extra for insurance would get me room cancellation- wrong. It only covers catastrophic illness. Priceline refused to help even though I tried to cancel a month out.
I would NEVER use them again. Last time I booked we got a hotel that was no- where near the standard listed. Wish I'd remembered that!

jeffc110
9/19/16

Booked a 2.5 star hotel and assumed it would be one of the chains listed. Instead it was an old LaQuinta with some very sketchy people. All hanging outside the rooms smoking and drinking. Called Priceline and they would do nothing. My first and last experience. Hope they go out of business soon. Nothing would please me more.

pamelam71
9/16/16

Love it

angelas120
9/13/16

Booked hotel through Priceline. Housekeeping stole my perfume and the air conditioning barely worked. The carpet was filthy.

Never again will I stay at this hotel nor use Priceline. Had a similar air conditioning issue with another hotel in a different state. It is clear Priceline customers get the crappie rooms/service.

johno119
9/8/16

Used Priceline for a recent trip to St. Louis. GREAT!

stevem120
9/6/16

We booked 4 nights at the Wyndham Days Inn in Lacey, WA and on our final night stay the hotel staff stole my wife's laptop, clothing and $140 cash! It is hard enough filing a theft report locally, but now we're home, some 2000 miles away. Priceline.com, who we booked this place from, essentially did nothing to help us resolve the dispute and what had happened to us at this hotel. Do not use Priceline.com, they will not back you up with any problems that you have with one of their clients!

heidiw14
9/6/16

Please be aware that this company is actually owned by a corporate "non-profit" RELIGION. That fact frightens me. If you carefully follow the money trail within the corporate structures of Priceline, Marriott, La Quinta, and American Express, you will see what I mean.

I had used Priceline ONCE almost 15 years ago. At the time, I was unaware of the company's questionable ownership. I ended up getting a pretty decent price on a cross-country flight. However, it was not without frustrations like Priceline's "bait and switch" tactics and their attempts at price-gouging by trying to pressure me to "bid higher" or "upgrade" my seats. I did not engage in these scams, and I did eventually get the flight for the price that I had bid. It was a nerve-wracking process, though. Although this company no longer forces customers to bid blindly on flights, rental cars, etc., (which is a shady business practice to begin with), I will NEVER use this web site again for any purpose.

angelinas11
9/1/16

I was super skeptical about using priceline but i've used 2 times now for rental cars and it's been a great experience for getting nicer cars at a lower price.

geralds51
8/30/16

If you don't have a life and you can take a chance on whether you will wake up tomorrow morning, go for it. A real crap shoot whether you will be happy or not.

rachelw80
8/29/16

I rented a car through Priceline for an employee, when he went to pick up the vehicle at Hertz, they denied him. This car was paid for and insured. He did not have a credit card on him for incidentals and they would not accept a corporate card over the phone. I have spoken to FIVE employees at Priceline and they refuse to give me a refund. I guess keeping people's money after refusing them service is a good way to make money... Customer service is a joke. They read from scripts and do not listen to a word you are saying. You may as well talk to a robot! I am completely dissatisfied with Priceline. I will not use them for any of the three companies I work and I will tell everyone I know not to use them. Unless you want to be ripped off don't use Priceline. Run over to a different website now.

markusk10
8/25/16

This my emails and experience with their useless customer service

I don't even know why anyone would book with your company. I
booked a hotel on your website and it was until I got my credit card
bill that I found out you charged me in US dollars. My bill for 2 nights
came to $217.96 Canadian dollars, at least that is what I thought I was
being charged. When I got my credit card bill it came to $290.17, your
company ripped me off $73 and I would like my money back! I went and
looked back at your website and you go through 4 pages to book the hotel
and no where does it clearly say the prices are in US dollars. It is not
until you get to the last page in very small print no where even near
the amount that you are paying does it say you are paying in US dollars.
This is such dishonest way of doing business and do not know how your
company gets any business with the way you advertise. The USD should be
clearly stated right beside the price that is posted on every page. You
will be definitely losing lots of customers in Canada and other
countries the way you advertise. I will never be booking through any of
your sites again and will be telling everyone not to book through your
sites if I do not get my money returned to me. I will be further
escalating my complaint to the US and Canadian better business bureau if
my money is not returned to me and your websites is not updated to

clearly state the prices.

This response I received from my complaint was:

Dear

We are sorry to know that you were not aware about the currency type

while booking a hotel reservation at Microtel Inn & Suites Casselman.
Customers are our number one priority, and we work hard to make your

experience with us a positive one.

In order for us to better assist you, please call us as soon as possible
at 1-800-774-2354 (when calling from the United States/Canada) or +44
(0)20 7136 8462 (when calling from anywhere else), and an agent will
review what options are available if any for your Hotel reservation.
When you call us, you will be prompted to enter your Trip Number, which

is

For future reference, please note that all pricing on our website are in
U.S. dollars, unless otherwise noted. We do provide the option to change
the currency on the "Search Result Page" from the currency drop down
located at the right top corner of the page, from their you can change

your currency type to Canadian Dollar.

Our phone service agents look forward to assisting you and resolving

your issue.

Sincerely,
Deepak K.

Customer Care

This what I sent to Priceline Group to complain and am still waiting for a response from them. However put it this way as it clear states in the above email "Our phone service agents look forward to assisting you and resolving

your issue." well guess what my issue was not resolved and this what happened when I called customer services.

I called your customer service department like I was asked to in the email and the email clear states that "Customers are our number one priority, and we work hard to make your experience with us a positive one". After spending an hour on the phone talking with Jace a customer service rep and then spoke to Jackie a customer services specialist and then to a supervisor Eya they all told me that they could not do anything for me. I don't see how this was a positive experience or how you think treating customers in this way makes customer service your number one priority. I don't understand why I was asked to call your customer service department when they would/could not do anything to "make my experience with your company a positive one". All it did was waste an 1 hour of my time and only made me more upset that I have been unfairly treated. Your website miss leads customers and then hides behind some contract that everyone of your customer service reps pointed out each person I spoke with. What is the point of a customer service department when they do not have the means to remedy an issue? The result from that call was that I was told that this would be taken to their management team and they will do an "investigation" whatever that means. Every time I spoke to someone new they all basically told me the same thing like they robots or had a script that they stuck to, to avoid fixing the issue. They are a crooked business and not to be trusted. I would avoid them like the plague if I were you and all their affiliated sights which are if our not aware Booking.com, Kayak, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com and OpenTable I am sure they are all run the same way.

jakeh49
8/23/16

With other firms

deannac22
8/22/16

We paid fifty dollars for trip insurance when we bought our deal on priceline. We had a change of plans ten days out from the reservation. TEN DAYS. Well beyond what notice the trip insurance on the priceline website said we needed to provide. AMPLE notice. It took almost 45 minutes calling a phone line that never got me to a real person and talking to an obtuse online customer service representative to get them to cancel the darn reservation. I called the hotel, they said I had to call priceline. Priceline said I had to call the hotel. I told them we already did that, and they kept saying the reservation couldn't be changed or canceled. Even though we bought trip insurance so we could change or cancel the reservation! We shelled out almost 4 figures for a lengthy stay in cash, up front, and paid extra for that peace of mind plan. Customer service told me I would have to contact a 3rd party provider to file a complaint to get my money back. UN.real. After much back and forth, they finally refunded the money but in the cancellation email it said under normal circumstances they won't do that. EVEN WITH TRIP INSURANCE. We travel almost monthly and I have never, ever dealt with such rotten customer service. Ever. I will never, ever, ever do business with priceline again. We don't like to reserve and cancel, but there was a legit issue. The rep was prying and rude wanting specifics to see if our reason was good enough for them to honor the plan we paid fifty dollars extra for. The trip insurance fine print didn't say "peace of mind if we think your reason is good enough." and yet that is what their faceless online chat customer service rep was insisting on. Never again. Run the other way, as fast as you can. The company acts like a pack of crooked thieves.

joleenh2
8/20/16

Always what I expected and late afternoon super deals are always great.

billw127
8/18/16

I rented a car through Priceline one time in Philadelphia. Hertz was the rental car company and they unfairly charged me for an upgrade I did not approve. I went to Priceline and they told me they would handle the situation promptly. It took 10 days to hear anything back and they informed me it was between Hertz and I. I will never buy anything through Priceline again!

jeffs182
8/18/16

STAY AWAY FROM PRICELINE!!! I like many others put my trust in who I do business with and expect them to act in the best interest of my the consumer. I booked a hotel with them and bid $100 per night for 2 rooms. I was given a $69 per night room 25 miles away from the area I selected. I spoke with their representative and they indicated they could do nothing. I understand a large company doesn't care about one consumer like me but as I have searched on the internet I have found hundreds if not thousands of the same reviews. Maybe that is an indication you should change your policy. Bad BUSINESS! Priceline has lost a customer for life.

treyr6
8/17/16

Tried to book a flight through Priceline.com. Gave me an error saying that it was unable to book the flight. So I tried again another 4 times. Then went to Frontier to book the flight worked like a charm. I received a confirmation number though Frontier. The later when I checked the email. I received one from Priceline.com. They had charged my account. So now I have 2 sets of tickets. I called Priceline. They told me that they did not have any issues with their system. They also told me that they could not do anything to help me. Basically all Pricelines fault yet they will not refund my money. They told me I need to have frontier refund my money. In my opinion, it is not frontiers fault, and Priceline should refund me.

jenniferd136
8/16/16

Anyone considering doing business with Priceline should really investigate the company prior. Trickery is a huge tactic used to dupe people out of their hard earned money by allowing them to go through a process of booking what they "think" their agreeing to, however at the last minute they conveniently say that "We couldn't find a partner to accept your bid of $ a day. However, we were able to find you the same car for $ a day" when you still believe your agreeing to the original price, and go ahead and enter their CVS# again.

That is thievery and they should be ashamed of the themselves. A human being that could do business like this and sleep at night is, to me, lower than pond scum.

Read your reviews they're long and they all state the same thing. YOUR A SHIESTY COMPANY!

I wish I would have been more proactive in my research prior to getting into any type of business with Priceline. I will spread the word, like these others attempted, hopefully I will save one person from you.

31 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 days ago
Answer
williamg110
A: The agreed to price is inclusive. I would look at dollar's website before renting from Priceline. There is no layer of protection from prcln.
1 day ago