Review of Priceline

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

cathyt29
4/28/17

Booked a refundable trip only to learn the car rental was not refundable. Priceline refused to refund me and when I disputed the charge with AMX Priceline also cancelled the reservation but kept my money. I had to pay the non refundable rental of over $250 and then could not actually use the rental. Priceline said that when you dispute a charge the reservation is automatically cancelled despite my pre paying for the entire thing. What crooks! Never use Priceline they are running a total scam!

debbiem134
4/27/17

priceline is a terrible company. They bamboozled me into using them when I thought I was using kayak by the way they made the internet search for kayak come up "kayak vs priceline" but making it look like I was using kayak. I knew priceline was terrible from past experience and didn't realize I was using that site until I had booked my car. My trip ended up getting cancelled due to severe weather and I tried to cancel the car but they refused to refund any money, saying that they were the cheapest place when they were in fact $20 more expensive than kayak. They are a seedy and shabby company and I will continue to try and be bamboozled by them again, if I can.

jennya29
4/26/17

Booked a car on line that I didn't end up needing. When I went to cancel I was told it was non-refundable and that I had agreed to the terms! HA! What a joke. My card was charged, I never received any kind of confirmation. DO NOT USE this company!!!

sarahl207
4/22/17

I've gotten some great deals using the name your own price feature and it's pretty fun, too. I would recommend, at least for hotels and rental cars. The package deals seem to be the best way to save uf thatvus whatvyoubare looking for.

kimberleyl3
4/20/17

I find their prices are higher then most discount places. I always shop for flights and I always look at PriceLine but they have never been the cheapest

frankm176
4/16/17

Priceline advertised magnuson motel in st petersburg for 94 dollars a night. No matter how to try to book a room it comes up at 130 dollars a night. Sound like a bait and switch or deliberate false advertising. Would never use them.

marcelc21
4/13/17

I always seach many sites for flight deals and everytime I've use this one I got the best prices and best deals, one for one, it never missed. I even tried to go directly to airport site and Priceline was coming out always number 1.

cees5
4/12/17

Talk about bad news. Do not buy from them. You could get bumped, and a bad seat. Go to Expedia for a pleasent experience.

donaldm94
4/12/17

Booked a hotel through Priceline. Days Inn and Suites, Jeffersonville, IN. Dirty and unsafe. Scheduled to stay 4 nights, could not stay past 2 and asked Priceline to help me get my other nights refunded. They stuck to their policy of poor customer service and overpricing their hotels. Days Inn and PRICELINE has lost my respect and business forever.

allenb65
4/12/17

Last Sat night/Sun morning the fire alarm went off. Apparently there were some issues a few doors down from me. Spent the night in the car since my room was flooded.
Wasn't able to have breakfast, shower/shave, etc. for my appointment later that day. Upon early checkout since the room was useless and the floor underwater.

(In fact the stay in general was awful - no Grab and Go Breakfast for some reason, they didn't have a coffee pot in the room so had to go to the front desk, couldnt' sign into the wifi and went back down to the front desk and was given a customer support number - I couldn't log in because the last name associated with the password wasn't mine!....

I've written to the fire department to obtain info, since the hotel is telling Priceline that it was only an alarm... Below is the info sent to the local fire department:

I stayed at this hotel and at 3:30a, I had to evacuate and stay in my car for some time while the fire department was in the building. At about 4:30ish, I had gone back to my room on the 3rd floor, corner by the stairwell, to find water going down the steps, a hose out the window next to my room to get rid of the water, the hallway had water, and when I opened the door to my room, my room was under about 3/4" of water. I spoke with a woman firefighter who looked into my room and indicated that the fire department was going to have to get into the room to rid it of water, and that the carpets would have to be removed, fans brought in, etc. I had to evacuate the room - and did an early check out after spending more time in my cold car, not sleeping. I've requested a refund from Priceline since the room could not be occupied, but the hotel has denied there was any problem other than a fire alarm.

I was in the corner on the 3rd floor, a few doors away from where the problem occurred - at about 3:30am, I heard commotion in the hall way and then some woman said "sorry.false alarm" when the alarm went off. I told this to the woman firefighter.

-------

I have other near future stays in hotels and had planned on using Priceline, but if they won't be considerate when a hotel stay goes really bad, there are other ways to get deals on hotels and other things.

reneh45
4/11/17

I am a bargain shopper and make nearly all of my purchases, small and large, online. You see the TV commercials at least a half dozen times a day on how great it is. Because of this brainwashing, I always go to Priceline first for travel. Funny thing is I've made exactly zero purchases through the site. With a little more investigation I'm ALWAYS able to find a better deal elsewhere. I don't know why I repeatedly waste my time shopping this site.

dons121
4/9/17

Priceline is a scam! I attempted to use their guarantee on a couple of flights and they tell me the guarantee is only good for 24 hours after the booking date. Their website stipulates you can use the guarantee up to midnight before the flight and this is not the case. This company should be fined for false advertising and deceptive practices. I noticed others having the same problem in other complaints.

melj18
4/8/17

I just learned Priceline Uses Hotel.com to book the hotel reservations. I've had horrible experience with them in the past where reservations are made on their website and not transferred to the hotel, so I'm sitting in a lobby expecting to get a room, and the hotel doesn't have the reservation. I spend an hour at midnight trying to get another hotel. Then trying to get my money back from their screw-up is a nightmare as well. the 866 number put me on hold for 30 minutes and then suddenly hangs up on me. I finally just called my credit card company to get my money back!

tonf
4/7/17

Traveling to Miami for one night, requested a room in the "Downtown Area", the room we received was on the very outskirts, it was at the Miami Airport. Priceline reserved and paid for a King room, without asking my preference for beds. Now one of us will be sleeping on a sofa bed. Neither the priceline or the hotel would make any effort to correct the problem. Not worth the $40 that we saved. Obviously the hotel doesn't care about customer assistance either. So I won't be staying at Springhill Suites by Marriott Miami Airport /Medical Center again.
Not a great start to our cruise vacation.

peterl147
4/4/17

I tried for over 2 1/2 hours to book a flight - each time it states there is something wrong. I contacted their live chat - NO help. I am very disappointed that the site does not work along with live chat not assisting.

jimb290
4/4/17

I've gotten some great deals using the name your own price feature and it's pretty fun, too. Definitely recommend, at least for hotels and rental cars.

julies167
4/4/17

First and last time I will never use this site again.
Had issues at hotel, was told if he compensated, I had to find another hotel at midnight in a strange city and state. The next day I called to be compensated and supervisor tells me they don't compensate anyone. Reps lie just to get you off the phone, they don't care about their clients at all
I wanted to leave no star but website made me so I chose the lowest one which is a 1
Don't waste your time on these morons

charlesf69
3/31/17

I used Priceline for the first (and last) time this past month for a one night hotel stay in Scottsdale, AZ. Upon checking in, I was told I was being charged their standard rate plus a $50 refundable damage deposit. The total of the standard rate plus the damage fee was the same amount Priceline charged. Because I went through Priceline, the damage fee was not refunded. When I contacted Priceline about this, I was told the fee was part of their total charge and they keep the fee. No more Priceline for me.

elysem1
3/30/17

We rely on priceline to get us some great hotel deals when we've had to find a hotel on the road.
We always look at prcieline when searching for hotels and other travel related things.

akinwekomil
3/30/17

Difference price line and price not stable we can get it today tomorrow another price we come in. let the product first and we following the price line

hasanh7
3/26/17

please do not use this website for any reservation they will charge the money and no booking room and when you try to call no customer service all that they have is an auto answering machine going over and over with no options

dirkm27
3/24/17

Bid on a 4 star and I read the reviews that were horrible -- dirty, small, hear through walls, scary hall way, no hot water. I called Priceline and they could not help. Am Ex allows me to dispute charge but I will probably get the short end of the stick unless I decide to take legal action. I will never use priceline again!

johnp512
3/23/17

I purchased a plane ticket from priceline.com sadly. I set up a plane ticket for the 19th to arrive on the 20th at 5 am. I scheduled my PTO and car rental around that time frame. When going over my ticket i noticed it said the 18th. I called and expected something, instead I received not one, not two, but three "Extraordinary Customer Service Representatives" <---( Joke!!!) 1 being a supervisor. I was told over and over again what the itinerary said, knowing good d@#@d well I knew what it said that was why I was calling. They refused to do anything about it, then told me that to cancel would cost me half of the ticket price. The supervisor I could barely understand had to have her repeat herself 6 times til i finally gave up.
If you are looking for a good deal stay away from this company, they are dishonest, unethical, American Job killing outsourcing thieves. I have to fly at least 8 more times this year, they can count on me NEVER using this scummy company again
In the meantime I get to lose more money by my Job extra non PTO time, changing my car rental etc. Im very upset, there should be some law that prohibits companies altering your scheduled time at time of purchase.

danielb226
3/21/17

Basically, we ended up doing the express deal thing for a 3 star hotel for 1 night because the hotels that they listed as comparable hotels we like. We booked the hotel and found out the hotel was the exact same one that we just got out of the previous night and didn't like. Calling Priceline was no good as basically they just say the deal is non-refundable and they just argue that the 3 star part was based on user reviews and that their user reviews are accurate (maybe they are / maybe they're not). The bottom line here is that nowhere on the page does it disclose that the star rating is based on what users review the hotel as. Not even in the fine print did I see anything about the star rating being based on user reviews. I am highly dissatisfied because of the lack of disclosure on the part of Priceline and will never use them again. I understand that this express deal is a roll of the dice and I should've just booked straight. My issue is that the advertising is misleading.

hiramc9
3/20/17

I have used Priceline so many times, time after time they provide the best customer service. Lowest prices! Make sure to use the express deals feature!

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question