US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

yosiefk

Always happy, great customer service and better offer. (in 184 reviews)

jesseg

First if you know you need a hotel, always and I mean always use the name your price feature. (in 336 reviews)

donaldl28

I Called Priceline when the charges came thru on the credit card. (in 53 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

williamg110
7/24/16

I rented a car through Priceline with Thrifty. I was guaranteed unlimited mileage. I was told that I had to pay 60 dollars once I picked up the car, 20 per day, because I was going to the DC area. We actually went to Arlington VA. I called Priceline and spoke with customer service. What a joke. The only think they do is delay and hope you die! They have not done anything but continue to say they are working on it. How difficult can it be. They guaranteed me unlimited mileage without any conditional charges for destinations. Pretty clear cut.

PS I am on hold for the 4th time with Customer Service as I write this. 21 days and waiting. Not going anywhere!!

mahers4
7/24/16

i love this kind of business

cheric12
7/22/16

HORRIBLE experience with Priceline name your price. Doesn't give you the option to select 1 or 2 beds so you have to call the hotel. Called the hotel and they want to charge $15 more for 2 beds. So what's the point of name your price for the lowest price? Call Priceline and they won't help. Spoke with 2 people 1 was a senior agent Brandon who would do nothing to help. Would not comp us the $15, won't change our hotel, won't talk to the hotel to give us 2 beds at the price we were quoted. So now we are paying $93 for a 2 star motel

renukan
7/21/16

Yes, I just booked a hotel in error. I called 5 minutes later and they sucked my money in like a sponge, Wont refund or even give me a credit. They was no "please confirm reservation: button and it did not reveal hotel information until they sucked the money in.

bibhad
7/21/16

I love this site as it shows best deals

jessicac125
7/21/16

I have used Priceline several times in the past, but never again. I booked two nights at a hotel, and received the confirmation email. The following day, I contacted the hotel directly with a question. I was told by the hotel that they did not have a reservation for me. I then contacted Priceline customer service. I was told by the agent that the hotel had up to 48 hours to confirm the reservation, and that the hotel was behind in entering the requests. The agent told me that everything would be in by the time I arrived. Guess what? It wasn't. When I arrived, I found out that it wasn't an issue with the hotel being behind at all. Priceline was using a third party, and they were having issues. So, sorry Priceline, your agent lied to me, and my check in experience ended up taking almost an hour. I am not using you again.

austinp12
7/20/16

Please do not ever think to use this company they will make your travel a hell and will not let you enjoy. I booked my travel to Miami with this company and they charged me 50% more than the original expences i wish if i had read the reviews before.

jimh148
7/18/16

Priceline poor customer service will not help you resolve problems

The Priceline Group is the worlds leading provider of online travel & related services, provided to consumers and local partners in over 200 countries through six primary brands: Booking.com, priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, rentalcars.com, and OpenTable
Other priceline sites please be careful

nicoleh66
7/18/16

Hotel was unclean, the employees was not very welcoming or helpful at all. Was at a awesome location. Priceline ought to look at appearance of the hotels it offers.

gaylec9
7/17/16

They owe me, now almost 10 yrs, $200 for a roundtrip ticket to Michigan that was unusable. They knew it and didn't give a flip.

I told them I needed to fly in on Thursday evening and out on Friday evening and they sold me a ticket that flew me in on Thursday evening but flew me out the very next morning - no time to even think about getting to my appointment much less trying.

Told them no sane person could think that I wanted to fly into MI for a sleepover and then fly immediately out, but they said I asked for Thursday in and Friday out and got it. NO REFUND

RUN FAR AND FAST FROM THESE GUYS, FAR AND VERY FAST

mariap115
7/15/16

Hotel was booked and got there no pool..no air...no ice machine...blood on blankets ...dirt everything...asked for discount...guy at desk was totally rude..

aprilk14
7/14/16

They sent me a link and it wouldn't take my review; so here it is :) Economy Rental - What an absolute rip-off! They strong armed me into buying they're daily insurance due to no proof of insurance. Even if you use your own insurance they put a $1000 hold on your card; which most families on a budget going to Orlando parks don't just have laying around. By the time they tack on all the extra fees (a ton) it's more then enterprise with their higher end cars!!! Don't do it!

hmmmmmmmh
7/13/16

Trying to book a flight a one way flight is more expensive then a round trip flight have found a few other places to get this cheaper . Also can't name my price to find a better two person deal ??? And when they gave me a person to chat with she had no clue and couldn't help me !

amyp74
7/9/16

Priceline is a joke nowadays. I have used them in the past quite often, but recently I have decided I will not waste my time on them. Too many other choices with better customer service and no gimmicks. Had two separate hotel stays booked within the same week and had bad experiences all around. Seems that all of the express deals were really not available if you tried to book them. Wasted soo much time entering in all of my information, even down to all payment information five times, only to have all five of them turn up unavailable in the end. So I selected a hotel and finally booked a room thru priceline at just an average rate. The room I was given at this hotel was on the top floor, directly below all of the airconditioning units. Those were turning off and on all night long!! The second room I booked a few nights later was considered downtown Nashville, but it was a $10 cab ride to actually get downtown. Definitely not walking distance. And again the room was substandard for the price. This room had 2 x 4s with 1/2 inch gaps between them as part of the ceiling partially covered in painted duct tape. This was seen up above the window if you looked up under the window treatment. NO noise protection. My kids got an xrated sex show that they could hear as clear as if it were going on right within our own room. MORTIFYING!!! Bottom line, I think the hotel gives the priceline customer their very worst rooms, knowing that they will not have to deal directly with the customer. And they assume no responsibility for customer satisfaction.

jonnyk1
7/8/16

I used to use priceline for the name your own price. Now I have no use for priceline

robynw14
7/6/16

I was LAIRED to about the whole situation said if I bought insurance that I would be able to cancel my reservation and when he came down to it I was not able to cancel my reservation so I have to keep the residence and that I'm not even going to be able to use do you use Priceline if you might CHANGES OR interruptions ON your vacation do not use Priceline I was UNLEAD about the whole situation from BUYING insurance that I would be able to cancel my reservation and when he came down to it I was not able to cancel my reservation so I have to keep the residence and that I'm not even going to be able to use so DO NOT USE PRICELINE if you might HAVE interruptions ON your vacation do not use Priceline VERY DISAPPOINTED YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO CANCEL IF YOU HAVE TO. Very disappointed in whole situation Robyn

janee60
6/28/16

Well,I never ,ever write reviews on anyone.But I felt these people needed some one to speak up.I am a Gay woman in America.I know,crazy right ,especially for the year 2016.Who woulda thunk lol..Anyway.I was sent a credit card from priceline.com for a substantial amount.I used it for about a year and then I payed all my cards off.Well I decided to transfer some bills from other cards I had.So I called the priceline.com phone number to speak to a representative about 4 cards I wanted to transfer.I could have easily done 3 of them online,but I wanted to do all four.Well I began speaking with a help person from priceline.She asked a few personal questions ,of which I answered correctly.Oh did I mention I have a deeper voice than some females.Anyway,I guess that was the issue.She then said I needed to speak with a supervisor,which I said,sure no problem.So the supervisor ask me some random questions about houses and past cars I had owned.I answered all of them with no problem.Well ,he then passed me back to a regular representative,which again sent me to a supervisor after asking me more questions,in which I answered correctly.Well after about 4 supervisors and 3 regular workers,I gave up.They,priceline,then locked my online account.I tried to do the transfers but it said I needed to call first.So I again tried calling and had the exact same thing happen again.I finally gave up.I just cant believe in america,because a gay woman has a deeper voice or different race,anything could be used to not allow me access to my account.Apparently at priceline,you need to be all american,no gay,,no blacks,,no hispanics,,etc..I really thought we were past all this in the year 2016.I can not believe a company can do such things based on a phone conversation.I never had any issues with any of the other 24 credit cards I have.Not sure why the ACLU or whoever watches for these things hasn't done something about these guys.Im not sure who to call.If anyone or any organization wants to help me in a court case or otherwise against these guys,priceline.com.Your more than welcome to contact me..Buggles68 at yahoo.I never would have dreamed anyone would be so biased based on race,,,religion,,etc...Truly a sad day in america..Apparently not home of the free for priceline,unless your ,,,,,,

katrinak15
6/28/16

yes its true they are really good

rachelm102
6/28/16

Priceline was advertising a super low flight cost on Google Flights. Selected the flight I wanted, chose seats, entered credit card info, and clicked purchase. Then...nothing happened. It took me back to the original flight selection fee, not telling me whether or not my card was charged or if anything happened at all. I consulted Priceline's customer service via chat. One agent told me the flight wasn't available and to find the flight somewhere else (What?? Priceline is willingly giving away business?) The second agent told me it was a problem with my credit card (there's no problem with my card...in fact it worked perfectly with Expedia). Each chat agent ended the chat before I was done asking questions. I'm shocked and appalled that this Priceline conducts its customer service with such nonchalance and disregard. AVOID using Priceline at all costs. If this is how they act towards prospective customers, imagine how they'll treat you once they have your money and have nothing to lose...

garyh132
6/28/16

Very helpful site on many products

jimm1152
6/27/16

Pick up your phone my wife has been on hold for 50 minutes!!! for the fifth time.

courtaneyj
6/26/16

I booked a room for Comfort Suites Murfreesboro TN. When my family and I showed up to the hotel at 1230am we where told there was a problem with the computer system and the room that was showing as available was actually under renovation, and we were not the only people this had happened to. This town had most all of the hotel rooms booked, took another 30mins very late at night to find a room for my husband and 2 young children. I was told by the hotel attendant that I would not be charged until he took my card which he did not. I checked the next day and noticed I was charged for the room on my account. I called the original number I had on my email, then I was transferred 3 times, had to give a different number each time, then was transferred to an out- sourced customer service rep I could hardly understand due to a thick accent, when I spoke to the specialist with Agoda after 35 minutes of waiting and being transferred, he wanted a different number he told me I could find it on the email that was sent, I was traveling talking on my cell phone and could not look at my email and talk on the phone at the same time, he told me to call back when I had the number. Really? So I now have to hang up find the number you want, call back and wait another 20-30 minutes or more to talk to a person to get these charges reversed. I requested a supervisor multiple times he would not let me talk to anyone else. Luckily I was able to find the correct number from the 3 numbers that I found on the email I had wrote down. I did get the charges removed and an offer for a hotel room in the same state. But, I was not vacationing in that state nor do I live in that state. I will never use the "free night". I will never use this site or any other site like this in the future. I feel this was all very inconvenient and received little compensation for the company and hotel's mistake. I was also so dissatisfied with the customer service. After this happened I now find multiple reviews complaining of the same sort of treatment.

Tip for consumers: Avoid this site.

lindag138
6/23/16

The hotel they booked me at on Sacramento was in a very bad part of town. As others have said, there were likely prostitutes right outside. I did not feel safe. I had booked 4 nights and moved after 1. They would not give a refund or credit.

jessec42
6/14/16

Easy to use, fast to book. While on vacation in Vegas ran into some people who got the same package I did for much less booking through several other sites. Discount my a$$

taeseongk
6/13/16

I have recently booked a hotel in Williamsburg through priceline.com that guarantees a lower price. However, I have found out that the priceline price was much more expensive than the actual hotel price for the night I stayed.
I stayed at the Kingsmill Resort, Williamsburg for the night of 6-11-16, for which I have paid $190.97 (including tax), then I found out that the hotel would charge $152.07 (including tax) for the same night, same room. I called the customer service at priceline.com to find out if the price could be matched. The answer I received from the representative was that the difference could not be refunded. I have booked hotels many times through priceline.com in the past thinking priceline would be among the lower price guarantor, which is definitely not true.

27 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question