US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

dianam70
12/2/16

Priceline's automated answering service would not put me in contact with a person. I had to go through the online chat three different times in order to be connected with a representative. I talked to about 6 different Priceline employees, two of which claimed to be 'supervisors.' No one offered concrete solutions to my trip cancellation problem. They charged me $600 without providing any refund, credit, or even reinstating my ticket. I will not be purchasing from Priceline again and I will adamantly advise my friends and family to stay away from Priceline services.

pierrec6
11/25/16

An estimated $39. per day turns into $172. for two days.I rented a car at E Z car rental in Montreal (Dorval YUL) ; I did this through PRICELINE.COM
Priceline advertised ''Unlimited free KM! I was supposed to get a Chrysler 200 and got a Toyota Corolla with bad snow tires. The rental agreement at the rental place was sneaky in having me pay attention to all other areas of the contract but avoided showing me the 200 free km per day (which I was not drawn to as the Priceline confirmation said clearly FREE UNLIMITED KM. Upon returning the car, I tended my contract to have it closed. They did so and from the projected fee of 39.39 per day, the bill escalated to 172.32 for 2 days (actually 30 hours and I had gotten an agreement on keeping the Priceline pricing for the extra time). Part of this I will assume such as the gas and the reasonable taxes. However, there are items such as $50.00 for additional millage, PLF (have no Idea what this is for) 16.95%...Energy tire fee @ $6. per day...VLATR (what is this) @ 4.95 per day. Total unadvertised charges: Approximately $88.00 canadian . At check out, I submitted my contract and the owner then totaled the charges and gave me an amount which I contested. He became belligerent aggressive and threatening and refused to give me back my copy of the contract so that I could compare. He gave me an invoice that he printed and said you owe me $172.32 without explaining to me the different items that I questioned him on. There are three guilty parties here. Priceline.com, EZ Car rental and 3960285Canada Inc. I would discourage anyone from renting from these places and Regret that I did not call the police when he became aggressive and slammed the counter. I called the Priceline customer service line on Thursday November 24 (day after returning the car and having a bad experience and got the run around; this is now unresolved. I on the other hand do have the resolve to go to any length to resolve this. Below is the response I got from E-Z. Everyone blames someone else.
PUBLIC company response 11/25/16Good afternoon,
Your review is for an affiliate location called TransCanada Car Rental of Montreal, Quebec. We do not handle their cases. We advise that you contact this location directly for further assistance. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

gordone4
11/25/16

The agents English was poor and they cut me off

andyl76
11/24/16

Horrible experience from the beginning. Useless, rude people.

They screwed my flight. Then they put me onto the airline, who promised a full refund, then they said I had to back to them, they say I have to go to the airline. Honestly, these people are not only idiots, they are arseholes as well.

maryal6
11/21/16

Booked a hotel room through priceline for a family event we were attending. Paid a nice premium for the room, but it was in the area of the hotel we wished to be in for our family event. When we arrived at the hotel and checked into our room, it was not even in the vicinity of where we were supposed to be. When I asked to front desk worker at the hotel I was told "with third parties like Priceline you get the cheapest room, and they never end up being the room you thought you were getting, you are going to have to talk with Priceline". The room we paid for was in the kid zone on the first floor, what we got was a third floor room, on the opposite side of the hotel.. to make our stay even better, we were charged twice for the room. I contacted Priceline to get this resolved and they were not helpful, even thought they were able to verify that I was given the wrong room they did nothing but offer me a 20% refund (this is what I should have paid for the room I received in the first place) and told they were sorry for the mistake. I ended up having to contact the hotel for being charged twice as priceline was "unable " to help with that either. They even tried to blame it on the hotel for the room mess up, I feel PRICELINE has misleading information on the website and after reading countless reviews from disappointed customers I will never use them again.

wendys93
11/20/16

Had a good experience, no great

michaelg276
11/19/16

Always using Agoda and booking.com which are parts of priceline. cannot imagine the travel without them

beej12
11/18/16

I like to have all my travel plans - flight, hotel and car all laid out in one sitting and be done. Priceline is simple, reasonable and not a bunch of hidden fees.

dt67
11/18/16

Priceline does not state clearly of the hidden cost airlines will charge you. When you contact Priceline, they tell you to read all the fine print in the terms and conditions. But, even in the terms and conditions, the hidden costs are not stated clearly. Getting a better deal quickly became a bad deal at the end.

christinas89
11/16/16

I will never go through Priceline again for anything ever! They have got to have the worst customer service of any company today! They are rude and just plain dishonest. If anything should go wrong with your reservation, don't plan on getting any help from them. They will give you the run around and talk in circles until you give up, and if you don't they will finally tell you, there's nothing they can do.

jackiep36
11/16/16

Excellent deals and very informative. Ive used them for years, always get good seats, tickets and sales.

heidif12
11/14/16

Pretty good prices. Beats out Hotels.com

rajivk4
10/28/16

Gud

halg4
10/12/16

reviewed their price on rental cars, I entered my information but did not rent the car. I got my credit card statement today and was charged for the car I did not rent. I called price line,they said they do not refund charges. Do not use Priceline. Go direct to the airline or car rental,their prices are always better and so is their customer service.

brendas109
10/11/16

We reserved a two night stay through Priceline.com. Their rating was a 6.5. We had a late arrival and got our room. When we went in there was no bedspread, the sheets were either stained or dirty, even though there was a kitchenette there were no kitchen items, ie: coffee pot, cups, etc. When we call room service they told us they would take care of the sheets, bedspread and coffee pot. We went to dinner and upon arrival at 11:30pm the sheets had not been changed, the bedspread, which had a hole in it, was thrown on the bed in a bundle/ They did bring pots, pans, dishes, etc, but no coffee pot. There were, however 3 pillow cases on the table (we had 4 pillows). We also had picked up milk for our morning coffee and realized the refrigerator was off when we put it in. We called room service again and were told they did change the sheets, to which I replied, no you didn't because the same sheets with the same stains were still on the bed. She said she was sorry, they had NO clean sheets, but would ask to see if she could have some washed and would bring them up along with the coffee pot asap. An hour later we still had not received anything. I ended up sleeping on top of the sheets fearing they were dirty. I did not get a good nights sleep. No one ever showed up with clean sheets or a coffee pot. We called the next morning and were told how sorry they were this happened and they would wash out a coffee pot asap and bring it up. No one came so we went to the office. The front desk apologized about the sheets and handed us our coffee pot along with a clean fitted sheet for us to put on the bed. We got coffee and a muffin from the lobby. Luckily we had taken our showers. While I was finishing getting ready the water turned off. I called the front desk and was told Sorry about that. We have an emergency plumbing problem and it will be on in 30 minutes. The next morning when we made our coffee, it tasted horrible because of the water. I also want to mention that we were given only 1 wash cloth for 2 people for 2 nights, the carpet was dirty and the room smelled from the deodorizer they attached to the air conditioner. Also, the people who lived there were pretty creepy. They would go outside in the parking lot and meet to smoke cigarettes throughout the day. This was a horrible experience!!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

jenniferg133

excellent deals

walterg32
10/11/16

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. My wife and I had a vacation booked to Hawaii, I had to cancel and had paid for cancellation insurance. What a joke, they make it impossible to get a refund. Then we needed a revised itinerary for my wife. After a total of 4 hours on the phone, most of it on hold, I finally got a representative that could barely speak english, charged me another $250 to change my wifes itinerary, and still cannot get a copy of the revised itinerary, even though I have given them my email several times.Will definitely use a travel agent in the future. Stay away from Priceline.

aislingo
10/11/16

This company should be done for false advertising. I bid on a 4 star hotel room in Kensington, London. They took my money and gave me a room in a hotel above a shop in Sheperd's Bush. When I looked for my money back, gave me bull$#*! and no refund. Ruined my trip. Do not believe a word they say.

deborahc71
10/8/16

only bought through this store once but experience then was good

robertp140
10/7/16

Cost us 1700.00 before we were able to clear it up.

enzaf
10/6/16

I really like the variety Priceline offer, service is fabulous and prices are reasonable

oliverh27
10/4/16

This site never delayed my any order and they always provide good services. They also provide cheap return ticket.

jessicaa99
10/1/16

I am so disappointed with this company and your customer service (or lack thereof). Recently we purchased three nights at a hotel in Orlando. We didn't get anything fancy as we were on a budget and just going up for my son's college graduation. We specifically avoided rooms with resort fees and found a room we liked. We paid the full cost at the time of purchase including tax etc. Upon check in we were shocked to find a $22 PER NIGHT (x 3 nights!!!) resort fee plus a $75 hold had to be placed on the card. The hold was understandable but the resort fee was almost 50% of our per night room rate! Even your staff couldn't understand why our contract or itinerary didn't mention this magically appearing fee that they suddenly knew everything about when we called. They had to review our documents twice and once even insisted the fee was listed until they checked themselves. After spending well over an hour on the phone with you and going through 2 supervisors we received a hearty "too bad, so sad and didn't you read the fine print that extra fees could apply?" After begging for something we were given a 5% coupon for our next purchase! Ha! Not likely! My family has used Price line for years and I've never been so disappointed. I also work in customer service and my company would NEVER treat an upset member with such apathy. I am completely disgusted and will be sure to share my experience on every review and social media site to warn others of this awful customer service experience.

lynnes25
9/30/16

They all seem to have the same prices

stephaniel60
9/29/16

We waited 3 hours in a huge line for a non-existent car!! We flew in at 12 am, made it to the Avis rental office by 12:15....HUGE line!!(Some people had already been waiting 2 hours!) We waited until 3:00 am, then called for a Lyft to get us to our Airbnb. I called the next morning at 7 am(thinking I could pick it up finally) I was told there were still long lines. The reason was there were 1700 reservations and they only had a total of 1200 cars (if they had all come in!!!!!) I ended up renting from Thrifty, cost me $300 more than I was planning on spending on a rental car. This was a VERY disappointing experience

32 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 days, 6 hours ago
Add your answer
on 9/28/16
Answer
williamg110
A: The agreed to price is inclusive. I would look at dollar's website before renting from Priceline. There is no layer of protection from prcln.
on 9/29/16