US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

melissad73
2/28/17

I booked a suite in vegas on priceline.com ..before I submitted my payment I made sure all the room info was right.. when I got my receipt it had booked me a standard room ..not what the site showed me ..I called customer service explaing what happened...they said the room that showed on there site was no longer available..but to this day that exact room is still showing ...I feel that it's false advertisement..they said it shouldn't be showing on the website but it's still there.. I was in tears I booked that one bedroom suite for my wedding ..and my bridal party all had to cancel there reservations..total mess !!! And they did nothing to make it right !!! Horrible..I will never use this site ever again !! My point is that my payment should of never went through for a room i didn't book..if the room wasn't available..what right does that site have to decide to pick a room i didn't order ..and then give me a standard room for the price of a suite ... straight scam !!

tiffaniw2
2/28/17

Rental Car! I order the first car through Priceline and when I went to pickup the car I was given the run around and told that two forms of id wasn't enough. Seriously a credit card and DL. So I had to order a second car and even though next counter over received the car. I was then charged by the car rental place and by Priceline. When I called Priceline they said it was for a whole other reason that I was charged. It would have been cheaper by half already if I would have just got the car from the car rental place in the first place, already paying double and you hack on additional fees. WOW.

deana93
2/27/17

Bid on a vacation and had a decent experience, fees are a bit high though. Seems like with coupons you could get a better deal regardless without the mystery of the bidding system.

susiew20
2/23/17

recently booked a hotel on their site not sure if i was going to make my visit because it offered FreeCancellation.Two days later i needed to cancel to be told it was an express rate and i ticked the box.Yes as box was the last box( i accept) i wasn't aware it had gone through on their express .They would not refund .Very confusing and i suspect made that way to get fewer cancellations.There are lots of straight forward sites available so i will never use again and would advise others not to touch it.

vasudevad
2/21/17

Priceline allows 24 hour free cancel policy after booking a ticket. I love this feature. Even though I even exceeded that limit, they were still flexible in cancelling my ticket. Excellent customer care.

johnd721
2/21/17

Booked a trip to Hollywood Florida 2/17/17 through 2/20/17 through Priceline do not use them they are a third party seller if u have any problems with them they will not refund your money use someone else's or book on your own also do not stay at the crown plaza beach resort in Hollywood Florida on ocean drive they are not suited for kids and also had a employee try to get into my room when I was sleeping don't know what for but the hotel doesn't care about what happened don't stay here or ever use Priceline find someone else

wendyc87
2/19/17

We booked a hotel with Priceline and arrived to be told we did not have a reservation because it was canceled by the "host." We contacted priceline and were told they used booking. com to reserve our hotel so we would need to call them. I waited on hold for 10 minutes and was disconnected. We finally just paid for a room because my 3 year old needed to get some rest. We were lucky the hotel we went to had an available room. Too bad we had to pay for it twice.

denisem112
2/18/17

Dont use Priceline they have spiders that see what your looking for and then do a bait and switch. Most all these hotel and travel site do the same thing. Better is to use there prices and go direct to the hotels and use discount codes or the best is AAA membership. Sign up for hotel membership and you will beat priceline by 6-10%

rachelz9
2/18/17

I booked a hotel on Priceline (or what I thought was Priceline.) The Priceline site actually sent me over to Hotel Planner..turns out to be an affiliate that has different changing and cancellation policy than I thought I had originally agreed to. When my plans changed, I called the number given for service and I tried to modify my reservation. There I was told I couldn't and that I needed to cancel and incur a $25 fee and rebook (price of room was now $20 more). It took me 2 days and multiple calls to the hotel, Priceline and Hotel Planner to straighten this out.
Be careful not to be switched over. What is scariest is that when I asked what was Hotel Planner I was not given a straight answer by three different agents. Finally I spoke directly to Priceline manager who wasn't very happy with me, but did admit they were an affiliate.

kylaa5
2/17/17

I recently made a purchase of a vacation package to Houston Texas. Yesterday, a week before my trip, I found out I had a dying family member. I called to try and cancel my trip as I will not be able to travel from Canada to the US. They were not able to cancel anything. I am now out of almost $1500 because I can't make it for this trip. I am so disappointed. I am a manager of a business and we also have a no refund policy, however on many occasions such as these I have made an exception. I now have to pay for travel within my own province in Alberta Canada, as well as keeping and paying for my trip in the US. I wish the website would have had an option to say that I have accepted the terms of no cancellations just like any other website would. Otherwise I would have booked through a different website, knowing that sometimes you have to change plans last minute. Last time I was in Texas, a month ago, I booked through a different website and last minute had to change the flights a few days. With no charge I was able to do so.

shahabr1
2/16/17

I reserved double bed and pay double bed price after checkout they sent me confirmation for a king bed I called several times for changing or canceling after couple days they told me if you want cancel there is a $1500 penalty and my total $1700 and my trip after 2 months I check Booking.com for king bed room same hotel $300 less.
I called before 24 hours and they told me need wait 48 hours to change room or full money refund today I called and told me we can't change your room or full refund I asked for refund different double bed and king bed room (when reserved room around $300 different)they told me we can't.
I never use priceline.com liar liar

rickd80
2/15/17

Shari's Berries.....WAY over priced! No one at contact center speaks english! You've gotten your last $250 order from this EX customer!!

carau1
2/15/17

We have to be out of our house tomorrow and our new place isn't done. I booked a hotel room to stay in until then. I found something cheaper on Priceline (huuuuuge mistake) than what I had booked originally, but made the mistake of booking with Priceline. I thought I was able to see if the hotel was pet friendly by booking. Nope. I'm not even able to stay at that hotel and they still won't give me my $300 back. The only way you'll get your money back from them is if you die. No joke. Pay the extra money for a hotel, don't use Priceline

jerryj47
2/13/17

With this site you have two ways to save and I always save on my trips or hotel, car rentals...Good site!!

steveh206
2/13/17

Company changed the advertised price after booking adding fees, charges and hidden taxes to my total.
I ended up paying more for accommodation than other sites and they have refused to discuss options to resolve.

vijayp7
2/12/17

I have used them a lot and I miss naming my price option. It uses to feel spontaneous and almost always get a surprised booking like Hyatt, Westin favourite brands I got introduce to through Priceline

alexk105
2/10/17

I travel a lot and have used a number of travel services. Sadly, Priceline is one of the worst. Not only do their pop under ads when searching on Kayak annoy me, but when I've actually booked with them, their customer service is quite lacking.

On two occasions, I've booked hotels with them only to show up and the room wasn't even booked! In both cases, I ended up paying more at the hotel just to get a reservation (thankfully I was actually able to get in at any price!)

On one other occasion, I was charged for a hotel I didn't book because the website would not accept my booking... until a day later after I had booked elsewhere.

Definitely don't recommend Priceline.

brucea37
2/10/17

Not much to tell. I went online as normal and booked 2 flights and 3 hotels and that was that. Easy-peezey

phils75
2/10/17

Evertime I see Captain Jerk acting stupid, THAT'S exactly what I think of PRICELINE "F-ing" RETARDED AND poor selction of a serious representative. Travelocity is for idiots who do not care about serious deals!

michellep122
2/9/17

I accidentally book my room for the wrong date. It was a honest human mistake. So I called the Hotel , I didn't want a refund or anything just to change my check in time. The clerk told me I would have to call Priceline first. I had to call them 3 separate times and speak with 3 different reps to be told it couldn't be done and I would have to pay again to get that reservation . The Baymont in Tallahassee rejected my request along with Priceline.

terryr60
2/9/17

I love it now as much as when it first started! I heard though that you cannot bid on seats anymore and if true, tht would ruin this review! Bidding is the only way I've EVER had decent rates. Otherwise, they're great!

bernardw19
2/9/17

Was searching for lights and this site was one of the "Highest". Called them and they would not beat the price I found

amitk52
2/7/17

Tip for consumers: this Great site for visit. i liked it and it seems like very nice site in matter of design , presentation and functionality . one must really visit the site and look for all the available options .

ramellak
2/6/17

I dont iCloud id and password when I buy inside my 6 s have iCloud id how I do now and price pls more information I need

roseleal
1/30/17

I look to these types of sites for flight deals and they always fall short. I find it is much cheaper to go to the airline site itself because many of these sites, once you sign up, bombard you with car rentals, hotel deals, etc. It annoys me when I specify flight deals only. So, I don't refer to them anymore.

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question