Review of Priceline

Tel: +1.2032998412
hostmaster@priceline.com

scotts282
8/17/17

Booked a room here through priceline and was charged a hidden charge at the end of our stay of 53.75 for parking and resort fee we never used anything but the room, still charged 30 dollors resort fee and 20 dollors parking plus tax for nothing. You would think when you pay good hard earned money at there hotel you would be able to park for no charge and be told up front about all charges. Room had faulty bathroom sink didnt drain propely. Vacationers beware at checkout of last minute extra undisclosed hidden fees.

monicam101
8/16/17

I entered my car rental pick up time on Kayak that sent me through priceline that lead me to book an alamo car for $170. Instead of my Aug 27 10pm pick up I noticed that my confirmation email said pickup was Aug 28th at 2pm so I called Priceline that connected me to Alamo support in India that could not comprehend the issue and said my rate would go from $170 to $330 to pick up the car 14 hours earlier. I ended up cancelling and PAYING $50.00 CANCELLATION FEE BECAUSE BETWEEN KAYAK TO PRICELINE TO ALAMO MY PICK UP TIME WAS CHANGED FROM SUNDAY NIGHT TO MONDAY AFTERNOON. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN KAYAK OR PRICELINE OR ALAMO!!!!

anniel60
8/10/17

I booked through Kayak, but was referred to Priceline, which helped me book a rental car from Hertz. For the experience I went through, I would NEVER recommend Priceline again, nor would I hope for Kayak to ever user Priceline on their website.
I flew into Seattle and booked a rental car. When I booked flights and rental cars through the site, I thought naturally I would be picking the car up at the Hertz location closest to the airport.
After getting off my flight, I hopped onto the shuttle that took me to the Hertz location. When I arrived, I was told the location I'm supposed to pick the car up at is 35 minutes away, and the only way for me to get there would be to take a taxi or Uber. I was not able to cancel my reservation at the other Hertz location at this point because the airport location was completely booked.
I decided I needed the car so I bit the bullet and paid the $54 Uber ride to go to the other location. When I finally picked up my rental car, I asked if I could change the drop-off location. As I thought, they charged me $40 to drop the car off at the airport.
I understand Hertz might not be at fault for this, but I am very upset with Priceline. My car rental for 2 days cost me about $45, but with all the hiccups, I ended up spending an extra $95 because Priceline placed the car pickup location so far away from the airport.
When I called Priceline about this, they refused to do anything for me and said I would have to deal with this through Hertz. I talked to Hertz, and they said they are not responsible because they were not involved with the booking process.
I've decided to not pursue any monetary losses, but I am going to make sure everyone around me does not use Priceline, and to be weary about which company they chose when they're on Kayak.

katk7
8/8/17

Based on my past Online Orders:

Quality: Hotel prices -can- be a great bargain! I discovered that sometimes 'Mobile Deals' are even better than those found on the computer. And having an account let's you get 'Member Deals', too.

Customer Service: Sadly, Customer Service is non-existent if an issue arises.

The hotels partnered with Priceline avoid confrontation about hotel complaints or issues by stating they cannot refund or compensate you, it is all up to Priceline. Meanwhile Priceline Customer Service hides behind the hotel, saying that they cannot override a refund or compensation without the hotel's permission.

08/08/2017: I've spoke to their customer service agents via Live Chat on 3 occasions regarding the same issue with one particular hotel to no avail. It's been 3 weeks dealing with the childish hotel staff disconnecting calls with Priceline. And Priceline Customer Service continues to say their hands are tied because of the hotel.

I don't understand how Priceline allows this to continue.

With their resolutions relying solely on the hotel's say so, this brings down the quality of Priceline's Customer Service. Nevermind the overall reputation of their company.

Tip for consumers: Overall: I cannot stress enough: KNOW the hotel you are staying at before booking. Know the standards, know the quality so you won't ever be disappointed. Then you won't have to deal with Priceline's Customer Service.

michaelp330
8/5/17

The insurance is a blatant scam. They offer it with full knowledge that it will not be available in the specific case of your travel. This level of dishonestly does not bode well for trusting them on anything. Never again!

leticiac10
8/4/17

Leticia C.
Fraudulent practices. I rented a car on priceline because it allowed me flexibility to select the time I wanted to drop off the car. However, the itinerary that I received had the car returned 3 h before I had schedule it. I had to pay the equivalent cost of 3 rental days for 3 extra hours. Priceline allows you to make a reservation on the schedule you want and then surprises you with a different schedule. I will never ever use Priceline again. Deceptive practices are not conducive to client retention.

michaelj248
8/2/17

i thought i was reserving a car but was charged, and when i tried to make changes to the reservation, i was told i could not. Lost my money. total Ripoff. Stay away.

scottt90
8/2/17

Tried to explain terrible service at Econolodge in Sandy UT. Simply said we cant issue a refund. I left hotel with two days paid for and wasn't asking for a refund.
here is convo:
Hi, my name is Victoria and I'll be assisting you today.
Hi, Lori. I am sorry to hear that.
Are you referring to your reservation on 31-Jul-2017?
leaving econolodge . there is two days left on reservation but we checking out Nick yu didnt let up on us and threatened to cancel several times. today we told him to cancel the next two days and he said he cant cancel
yes have left the hotel and told him
I am sorry to hear that. Don't worry, let me check the possible options for you.
I'm sorry to hear your stay was not what you had hoped it would be. I will call the hotel to let them know of this issue.
night clerk and overnight clerk were very nice, and nick yu was absolutely awful
I understand. Please give me a few minutes while I call the hotel. I'll let you know once I have an update to your issue.
Thank you for patiently waiting.
I spoke to Alonya, the hotel front desk.
he kept imposing wierd rules. said my two young grankids could not visit, I seldom complain and stay at many hotels. but I will be going on every hotel rating site I can find to complain about this with details. I dont even care about a refund. i just want you to be aware. where can i rate my stay on your site?
She advised me that you have a pet with you and they are charging a cleaning pet fee as per the policy of the hotel.
not the issue
I am sorry, but I asked about having this cancelled. They advised me that you can check out; however, you won't be getting any refund back.
dont care about a refund. where do i rate this hotel stay on your site/
I apologize, but we send a post stay survey to all of our hotel customers after the check out date. This survey allows you to rate the hotel on several different criteria, and also provides you with a section to include comments about your stay. We love when customers complete the surveys as we use them as part of our hotel review process.
great I look forward to it. i am also contacting the corporate office about this guy. he has no business dealing with the public

jennyd41
7/30/17

WORST! I would give 0 stars if possible! The hotel I booked with Priceline ( 3months before the actual date of travel) was overbooked and could not accomedate our reservation. The hotel said we would not be charged, but we were. After numerous "case escalations" Priceline emails me stating a refund can not be issued because we were a "NO SHOW" which is BS! We showed up at check in time. They were overbooked. I contacted the hotel who then contacted price line directly stating THEY NEVER CLAIMED WE WERE A NO SHOW and we need the money back for the reservation. They still have not issued my money back and claim they will return my call within 48 hours. This has been going on for 4 weeks now. The employees are incompetent.

francineb14
7/28/17

I booked a flight through a Canadian website (BCAA) and after purchasing, saw right away there was an error, the return date was Aug 6th instead of Aug 7th. I called customer service immediately, minutes after my purchase. I was connected to 'Priceline' (buyer beware! Don't use the BCAA website to purchase a ticket because it is actually Priceline) I didn't get any discount on my ticket compared to buying direct from Westjet, which I will make sure I do in the future. Priceline customer service wanted $100+30 USD to change my date, but, if you are an American, you can change the ticket free of charge within 15 minutes of purchase. I complained to BCAA, they connected me to Priceline who then said they would change the ticket for $30+$20 USD. It took my entire lunch hour on the phone and I still didn't get the ticket changed. I called back the next day and Priceline now wants $160 + $30+$20 +cost of ticket difference, absolutely a rip-off on a $250 airline ticket. Don't use Priceline, there is no price reduction, only price increase over the cost of buying directly from the airline. There is only disadvantages to the customer who buys through Priceline. Scam company.

kevinb4
7/26/17

I have been using Priceline.com for many years and again recently I bought airline tickets through them. They offered the lowest price and had many options to choose from. While they are not always the lowest price the will be very close to it. I recommend this service.

lees180
7/22/17

Pricey line might be a better name. Their own published prices don't qualify for price match guarantee, and they don't honor their guarantee when compared to other booking sites, even when shown proof of the lesser rate and total cost. They gerrymander their areas within 5 minutes of first bids, modify their star ratings at will and customer service is non-existent. My now 2 1/2 star hotel has no refrigerator, no microwave, no coffee pot in the room even. I could have paid at least $25-$30 day less for the same no-frill hotel. This is no more than a 1 star. I will NEVER USE PRICELINE AGAIN.

elenal16
7/18/17

I used Priceline for a hotel reservation. I used express deal and stated that hotel was a 3 start hotel. When I got to the hotel, it was a one start hotel. In express deal you can't see the hotel you will get until you pay for it which is ridiculous. If you go to each hotel website you get the same price so why to use Priceline.

tequillad1
7/16/17

I've purchased flights many times via Priceline. Never once did I have to cancel my flight. I recently purchased a ticket... with trip protection. I made a request to cancel my flight a few days later from the date purchased.

The system to get your money refunded isn't as simple as it is to pay. Why is it easy to pay but complex to get your money back.

Priceline is linked with an insurance company AON.

BEWARE:
If you pay for trip protection you must put in a claim to AON and wait for a response.

So sad.... Very very disappointed in the system. I want my money back all at once, the same way I paid. Priceline wants to pay back a portion and I must seek the remaining funds from a company I've never heard of.

What is going on. Is this how you do business Priceline. Please let this be your warning!!!!

chrism368
7/13/17

I booked my room and after 10 hours of driving I get to my hotel to find out their system has been down all day and they won't be letting anyone check in today. I call Priceline tell them and they say all they can do is refund my money for the reservation after spending over a hour on the phone with them. I did a express deal which I can't cancel so why should they get to cancel? Find me another hotel instead of me driving out of my way to find out the hotel they booked has had its system down all day. To top it off I drive half a mile down the road and check into a hotel that is regularly priced 15 dollars cheaper then what Priceline has it listed. Worthless and a rude company.

robertg301
7/13/17

Had used Priceline for first time to book a rental car. Originally booked for three days as there was going to be a few hours over 48,no problem, or so I thought. My airline was delayed by 6 hours and therefore erased my overage of time so I used the car for less than 48 hrs (2days). Alamo advised me before I picked up the car that there was nothing they coul do about the price paid because it was prepaid through Priceline and I would new to call them (and Alamo said not to expect any help or refund from them). Well that's what I got when I called Priceline customer service, a run around tryin to blame Alamo by saying that since I checked the vehicle out and back in without talking to Alamo first then there was nothing they could do to refund the day not used. So what could have been praise for a good deal now becomes a complaint and promise that I won't actually use Priceline again. Oh by the way Alamo and the first hotel I stayed at on my trip advise me to use them to find a cheap price but call the actual hotel / rental companies to price match thereby cutting these third party companies out of the loop. Just saying, you can't stay in business by screwing your customers. I will use Priceline as a bargaining chip only, but will never book with them again!

cindya47
7/13/17

I booked an express deal for a 3.5 star hotel. Priceline booked a Best Western Plus, which by their definition of roomstars is a 2.5 or maybe a 3 if you use your imagination. There is no full service restaurant, room service, upscale furnishings or upscale public areas.
They booked me in a moderate hotel, if I had paid for a 2.5 I would have been happy. If it had been a 3, i wouldn't have said anything and moved on. But to say this is a 3.5 is misrepresenting.
I chatted with their customer service and they just repeat it's a 3.5 because others said so, they disregard their own published definitions and the amenities listed for this hotel. Customer service is AWFUL.

chrisg180
7/10/17

Blue Lagoon Princess,

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at Blue Lagoon Princess and have to say we thoroughly enjoyed our holiday.
We stayed in a Junior Suite with Private pool booked through Thompson.
great customer service and great savings from hotel staffs and booking agent from airohub
getting last minute deals in such a low price was amazing thank you united airlines

Tip for consumers: airohub is a fantastic site, Great to use and a fantastic place where you can find the deals which can really surprise you and your loved one

suzyq5
7/8/17

If I could give Priceline a -0 star I would!!! AWFUL AWFUL CUSTOMER SERVICE! Can't understand anything they say, was on the phone for over an hour and the only thing I ended up with is a headache and frustration! I wanted a 3 star hotel and I got a 1 star hotel, my price was $25 more than the hotels actual site! Tried to get just a credit, so I could book a 3 star hotel and they kept repeating their "motto"... ma'am we don't give refunds! I was just wanting a credit and willing to give them MORE money for a better hotel but now they've lost a customer, there are lots of other sites to use to save money than Priceline. So I'll be using them from now on! Bye bye Priceline!

charlottel21
7/6/17

I booked a hotel room through Priceline for 5 nights. I completed my business early and gave the hotel and Priceline 24 hours notice of early checkout. Priceline refused to refund the last night of the reservation although I did not stay. They refused to send me a receipt saying the receipt was the information I received the day the reservation was made. Priceline SUCKS.

francest24
7/5/17

FYI CALLED TO TRY AND RESCHEDULE FLIGHT.HAD NO CLUE WHAT I WAS ASKING.THEY ALREADY TOOK OUT FEES FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT.THEY QUICK TO TAKE OUT MONEY NON REFUNDABLE COOL.GAVE ME A CREDIT TO USE WITH IN A YEAR COOL.TRY ED TO RESCHEDULE NOW.DIDN'T KNOW NOTHING.$#*! WTF!!!!DON'T CHARGE ME FOR MESSY SERVICE "PRICELINE"

patj36
7/5/17

Keep in mind that my reservation is July 12, 2017. Reserved hotel with Priceline in December 2016. This was done by accident because I didn't notice that I was booking with Priceline since I logged into AAA Travel. Verified reservation with first hotel even though hotel confirmation number was incorrect. In April, 2017, Priceline emailed me that the reservation had been changed to Homewood Suites, French Quarter NOLA. This is when the problem begins. Trying to verify that I do have a reservation, hotel states that they can see my name but no details. My phone number is not in their system, credit card that I paid with is not showing. I can understand that Priceline might use their own information so I call Priceline. Again, the hotel confirmation number they give me does not work. I ask, how did you book so that I can verify that it is my reservation(my name is a common name). Talked to "O" and he gives me the run around and all I ask him for was the phone number they used for the booking. Also, he had the first hotel as being reserved; asked me to read the email that I received. Never received any help. I am not comfortable waiting until I get to NOLA to find out if I have a valid reservation. I can't cancel so it it my loss but I will gladly accept the loss for peace of mind. I have booked my own hotel. I will never book a third party again. I am rating this review based on that I as a consumer should feel comfortable that Priceline will deliver. It's possible that the reservation was made and I have a room booked. However, I should be able to get a valid hotel confirmation number so that I do not have to worry.

imadei
7/5/17

PS use other sites like justfly.com. Priceline has a bunch of hidden fees and stipulations you don't find out about until after you purchase the ticket, and then its so difficult to cancel a flight. They also charge you a non refundable $12 fee when you purchase a ticket even though you choose to cancel 5 minutes afterwards.

nijac1
7/2/17

On June 30, 2017 I purchased a vacation flight and hotel package to Las Vegas for 7/14-7/17 on priceline.com. The site stated the security code on the back of my debit card was not recognized. I started over 2 times and the same message came up. I called my bank to see if the funds were in my account because the numbers were correct on my card. Needless to say the money was gone from account and transaction states it was from priceline. When I called priceline they kept denying I had a reservation and had me call my bank on 3 way just to prove to them the point of sale transaction was completed by them. Even with the proof priceline still did not help me and told me to dispute it with bank to get my money back. Now attending my Nephews Wedding may not happen.

kellyd114
6/30/17

I recently booked a flight on Priceline. After booking the flight, they gave me a coupon code for $50 dollars off any hotel. However, when I try use the coupon while booking a hotel, I find that there's isn't a place where I can enter the coupon code. So, I went to the Help Center, and entered my problem. There was a section about coupons, but it only said to enter the coupon on the checkout page. However, no matter where I looked, there was just no space to enter the coupon code. The next option for me was to start an online chat with a member of Pricline's care team. After connecting to the representative, I asked her about entering a coupon code. Imagine my surprise when she said this, "I am unable to see what specific purchase options are shown to you during the booking process. Its best that you use the information immediately available to you on the website and in the Help Center. Make sure to read the terms for the code. Have a great day!" After sending that, she left the chat just like that. Needless to say, after reading that, I became sort of upset. The checkout page on most hotels are the same, and also, if she was a representative, couldn't she have accessed the page that I was on? Obviously I read the information in the Help Center about coupons, or why would I have started the chat? After that, I basically "threw away" the coupon, and booked my reservations on another site. I mean, why should I help Priceline earn money when they refuse to even take a little time out of their day to help a customer?

Helpful answer

The agreed to price is inclusive. I would look at dollar's website before renting from Priceline. There is no layer of protection from prcln.

By william g. on 9/28/16
Helpful answer

I'm not sure what you mean by "receive" the e-ticket. I've booked numerous times through priceline and other intermediaries, but have never received a ticket. I would suggest that you look at the itinerary that you've received from priceline and look for the Airline Confirmation Number (which may be a sequence of letters and or numbers depending on the airline). Then go to the airline's website and look up your flight itinerary. This process also varies by airline, but there should be some menu such as "My Trips" or other itinerary look up option. The airline should be able to find your itinerary based on your name and confirmation number. If your priceline itinerary contains an e-ticket number, you may be able to use that on the airline's website as well. If the airline has your itinerary, you're good to go. You'll be able to check in and get a boarding pass (electronic or print) 24 hours prior to your flight. If the airline has no record of you, then you've got a problem.

By Lake R. on 11/26/15
Helpful answer

No, they have gotten worse! Do not use priceline for anything. If anything is wrong with your reservation they will not give you a refund for whatever reason!

By Denise A. on 3/1/16
Helpful answer

Don't make a mistake or you will pay dearly. I made a 15 minute error and it cost me $500!

By Roger C. on 8/28/15
Helpful answer

Did you pay with cc, check your statement.

By Denise A. on 5/30/16
Helpful answer

It might take a few days but priceline will send you a survey to take where you can rate your stay.

By Eric H. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

Never ever use priceline I tried twice once with a hotel they gave me the wrong date. The second was with a rental car . I rented a suv as we needed space for 5 people and it confirmed the suv just to send me a email confirming a compact car. And they would not change it...

By MELISSA T. on 12/19/15
Helpful answer

The priceline map will show you the area in which the hotel will be. If you do a little homework, you might be able to figure out which hotel it is. Looka at all the 3.5 star hotels in that area, also look at the rating the hotel has like 7 or 6 or 8+, this might help yo figure out the property. There is no guarantee that the hotel is even listed on the view list. Just remember, if you don't like it once you buy that's too bad. You won't get your money back, and you can either be happy with the purchase or just move on to another hotel and pay the going rate. If your willing to gamble go for it, if your not don't do it. I myself have never had a problem. I do my homework and am generally able to figure out the hotel, there was one I was sure of and when I bid and found out the hotel, it was not the one I had counted on, actually it was better. Good luck.

By Phil L. on 6/30/15
Helpful answer

Cute cat. But like it says in the fine print (of which there are some 3426 pages), buy your travel and then you are locked in for whatever travel arrangements you have selected and which Priceline was able to get for you.

By Walter P. on 8/4/15
Helpful answer

Don't buy flights from 3rd parties, buy directly from the airline, you don't need any headaches or stress if something goes wrong better to work directly with the airline than through a 3rd party

By Phil L. on 5/2/15
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Priceline