US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

autumnh8
1/22/17

if I could give this no stars I would. I needed to cancel the trip my husband planned for my friend and I. of course he did not read the fine print about if needing to cancel. I call this horrible company up 15 DAYS BEFORE the trip was scheduled. I was given a run around on chart board and was told NO REFUND. First time using them and will be the last.

judithb43
1/20/17

I booked a return ticket with priceline from Uganda to Spain. First the airline reference number did not work and I eventually sorted this out myself by going to the airline.
With my return date looming my husband was taken seriously ill and hospitalised. I contacted the 'chat' on the web site. Not sure whether she was an android or a non English speaker. As she could not help me she suggested I phoned the toll free number in the USA. i explained numerous times that I could not do this from the UK.
I emailed the company to change or even cancel my ticket. I received an automated reply with the promise of a reply in 12 hours...........Im still waiting.
Great when things go smoothly BUT life is not like that and I would never use this company again.

reneo11
1/17/17

Not Satisfied with their services!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jamesl282
1/10/17

Purchased a ticket 5 months ahead. Just found out I can not go. With notice. And no refund is available. On the website it states cancel any time. Lies lies lies.

ginaw20
1/4/17

I compared pricing more than once and have not found one deal from Priceline that worked for me.

mikel188
1/3/17

Why are you destroying your credibility by advertising one price and then trying to sneak in a "Mandatory Hotel Fee" during checkout? If mandatory, then put it up front. Disgusting practice. Bye bye Priceline.

estherh17
12/28/16

I book a hotel in Georgetown Texas I was only given the opportunity for two different hotels a 2 star and a two and a half star and both were compared to a Best Western or a Comfort Inn the hotel that they gave me is probably not even on the star grid it's more like a motel the reviews are horrible and not comparable to the hotels that Priceline compared them to! Lies, lies, lies!! When I contacted Priceline and had a chat with one of their employees of course their response was you chose that it is not reimbursable or cannot be changed which I expected to hear

samj102
12/28/16

DO NOT BOOK ON PRICELINE! They do not stand by their customer service at all! The airline we booked on changed their flight schedule and let Priceline know about the change in time, but Princeline never notified us until 2 HOURS AFTER the flight had already departed. Priceline would not accept any responsibility for this problem! The airline we booked with refunded the whole ticket price, but Priceline still would not do anything to try to rectify the situation. They put the blame on the airline. We will NEVER use Priceline again!

maureenb30
12/27/16

My husband and I have used Priceline for two vacations and were extremely pleased with the price, accommodations and quality of service.

billt69
12/25/16

Booked a hotel through name your own price. Big mistake . Asked for a three star hotel near the Rome , Italy airport and they gave me a dump ELEVEN miles away. Do you know how long in Rome it can take to go 11 Miles. .........Told Priceline this was unacceptable but they wouldn't back down . I'm out $126 but hey lession learned and will never use them again for anything.Their reps hate their jobs and sound uneducated

carlah23
12/16/16

I use Priceline all the time. I have corresponded with them about a hotel, that the beds are so saggy, and sheets don't even have elastic, and the wall paper is coming off in sheets...Priceline has this listed as a 3*...and i usually bid for a 3*..i have gotten this hotel for the las 3 times, and it is getting worse. The carpets smell, or could go on and on. Priceline said that they have checked into this hotel and it meets all their requirements. The last 10 TA reviews...5 WONDERFUL reviews from a first time poster, and the others are 1*...from real posters. Priceline must be getting paid or something. I can never use them again, and that is sad.
They seem to not care, as i have contacted them many times and they still won't change the *...who is paying who??

garryf6
12/14/16

I've used the site in the past but don't visit there much lately. One negative, as a Canadian, is the prices are in US dollars. The exchange rate fluctuates and this can be a nuisance.

sierraa1
12/10/16

Helped me find a nice room for a decent price in a super fancy hotel.

darleneb27
12/5/16

I have had some good deals on hotels frome priceline but i have on occasion found better deals on other sites. The name your own price tool is great..make sure you start really low and work your way up you will be pleasantly surprised.

dianam70
12/2/16

Priceline's automated answering service would not put me in contact with a person. I had to go through the online chat three different times in order to be connected with a representative. I talked to about 6 different Priceline employees, two of which claimed to be 'supervisors.' No one offered concrete solutions to my trip cancellation problem. They charged me $600 without providing any refund, credit, or even reinstating my ticket. I will not be purchasing from Priceline again and I will adamantly advise my friends and family to stay away from Priceline services.

pierrec6
11/25/16

An estimated $39. per day turns into $172. for two days.I rented a car at E Z car rental in Montreal (Dorval YUL) ; I did this through PRICELINE.COM
Priceline advertised ''Unlimited free KM! I was supposed to get a Chrysler 200 and got a Toyota Corolla with bad snow tires. The rental agreement at the rental place was sneaky in having me pay attention to all other areas of the contract but avoided showing me the 200 free km per day (which I was not drawn to as the Priceline confirmation said clearly FREE UNLIMITED KM. Upon returning the car, I tended my contract to have it closed. They did so and from the projected fee of 39.39 per day, the bill escalated to 172.32 for 2 days (actually 30 hours and I had gotten an agreement on keeping the Priceline pricing for the extra time). Part of this I will assume such as the gas and the reasonable taxes. However, there are items such as $50.00 for additional millage, PLF (have no Idea what this is for) 16.95%...Energy tire fee @ $6. per day...VLATR (what is this) @ 4.95 per day. Total unadvertised charges: Approximately $88.00 canadian . At check out, I submitted my contract and the owner then totaled the charges and gave me an amount which I contested. He became belligerent aggressive and threatening and refused to give me back my copy of the contract so that I could compare. He gave me an invoice that he printed and said you owe me $172.32 without explaining to me the different items that I questioned him on. There are three guilty parties here. Priceline.com, EZ Car rental and 3960285Canada Inc. I would discourage anyone from renting from these places and Regret that I did not call the police when he became aggressive and slammed the counter. I called the Priceline customer service line on Thursday November 24 (day after returning the car and having a bad experience and got the run around; this is now unresolved. I on the other hand do have the resolve to go to any length to resolve this. Below is the response I got from E-Z. Everyone blames someone else.
PUBLIC company response 11/25/16Good afternoon,
Your review is for an affiliate location called TransCanada Car Rental of Montreal, Quebec. We do not handle their cases. We advise that you contact this location directly for further assistance. Thank you and have a wonderful day.

gordone4
11/25/16

The agents English was poor and they cut me off

andyl76
11/24/16

Horrible experience from the beginning. Useless, rude people.

They screwed my flight. Then they put me onto the airline, who promised a full refund, then they said I had to back to them, they say I have to go to the airline. Honestly, these people are not only idiots, they are arseholes as well.

maryal6
11/21/16

Booked a hotel room through priceline for a family event we were attending. Paid a nice premium for the room, but it was in the area of the hotel we wished to be in for our family event. When we arrived at the hotel and checked into our room, it was not even in the vicinity of where we were supposed to be. When I asked to front desk worker at the hotel I was told "with third parties like Priceline you get the cheapest room, and they never end up being the room you thought you were getting, you are going to have to talk with Priceline". The room we paid for was in the kid zone on the first floor, what we got was a third floor room, on the opposite side of the hotel.. to make our stay even better, we were charged twice for the room. I contacted Priceline to get this resolved and they were not helpful, even thought they were able to verify that I was given the wrong room they did nothing but offer me a 20% refund (this is what I should have paid for the room I received in the first place) and told they were sorry for the mistake. I ended up having to contact the hotel for being charged twice as priceline was "unable " to help with that either. They even tried to blame it on the hotel for the room mess up, I feel PRICELINE has misleading information on the website and after reading countless reviews from disappointed customers I will never use them again.

wendys93
11/20/16

Had a good experience, no great

michaelg276
11/19/16

Always using Agoda and booking.com which are parts of priceline. cannot imagine the travel without them

beej12
11/18/16

I like to have all my travel plans - flight, hotel and car all laid out in one sitting and be done. Priceline is simple, reasonable and not a bunch of hidden fees.

dt67
11/18/16

Priceline does not state clearly of the hidden cost airlines will charge you. When you contact Priceline, they tell you to read all the fine print in the terms and conditions. But, even in the terms and conditions, the hidden costs are not stated clearly. Getting a better deal quickly became a bad deal at the end.

christinas89
11/16/16

I will never go through Priceline again for anything ever! They have got to have the worst customer service of any company today! They are rude and just plain dishonest. If anything should go wrong with your reservation, don't plan on getting any help from them. They will give you the run around and talk in circles until you give up, and if you don't they will finally tell you, there's nothing they can do.

jackiep36
11/16/16

Excellent deals and very informative. Ive used them for years, always get good seats, tickets and sales.

32 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 9/28/16
Answer
williamg110
william g.
A: The agreed to price is inclusive. I would look at dollar's website before renting from Priceline. There is no layer of protection from prcln.
on 9/29/16