US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

rachelw80
8/29/16

I rented a car through Priceline for an employee, when he went to pick up the vehicle at Hertz, they denied him. This car was paid for and insured. He did not have a credit card on him for incidentals and they would not accept a corporate card over the phone. I have spoken to FIVE employees at Priceline and they refuse to give me a refund. I guess keeping people's money after refusing them service is a good way to make money... Customer service is a joke. They read from scripts and do not listen to a word you are saying. You may as well talk to a robot! I am completely dissatisfied with Priceline. I will not use them for any of the three companies I work and I will tell everyone I know not to use them. Unless you want to be ripped off don't use Priceline. Run over to a different website now.

markusk10
8/25/16

This my emails and experience with their useless customer service

I don't even know why anyone would book with your company. I
booked a hotel on your website and it was until I got my credit card
bill that I found out you charged me in US dollars. My bill for 2 nights
came to $217.96 Canadian dollars, at least that is what I thought I was
being charged. When I got my credit card bill it came to $290.17, your
company ripped me off $73 and I would like my money back! I went and
looked back at your website and you go through 4 pages to book the hotel
and no where does it clearly say the prices are in US dollars. It is not
until you get to the last page in very small print no where even near
the amount that you are paying does it say you are paying in US dollars.
This is such dishonest way of doing business and do not know how your
company gets any business with the way you advertise. The USD should be
clearly stated right beside the price that is posted on every page. You
will be definitely losing lots of customers in Canada and other
countries the way you advertise. I will never be booking through any of
your sites again and will be telling everyone not to book through your
sites if I do not get my money returned to me. I will be further
escalating my complaint to the US and Canadian better business bureau if
my money is not returned to me and your websites is not updated to

clearly state the prices.

This response I received from my complaint was:

Dear

We are sorry to know that you were not aware about the currency type

while booking a hotel reservation at Microtel Inn & Suites Casselman.
Customers are our number one priority, and we work hard to make your

experience with us a positive one.

In order for us to better assist you, please call us as soon as possible
at 1-800-774-2354 (when calling from the United States/Canada) or +44
(0)20 7136 8462 (when calling from anywhere else), and an agent will
review what options are available if any for your Hotel reservation.
When you call us, you will be prompted to enter your Trip Number, which

is

For future reference, please note that all pricing on our website are in
U.S. dollars, unless otherwise noted. We do provide the option to change
the currency on the "Search Result Page" from the currency drop down
located at the right top corner of the page, from their you can change

your currency type to Canadian Dollar.

Our phone service agents look forward to assisting you and resolving

your issue.

Sincerely,
Deepak K.

Customer Care

This what I sent to Priceline Group to complain and am still waiting for a response from them. However put it this way as it clear states in the above email "Our phone service agents look forward to assisting you and resolving

your issue." well guess what my issue was not resolved and this what happened when I called customer services.

I called your customer service department like I was asked to in the email and the email clear states that "Customers are our number one priority, and we work hard to make your experience with us a positive one". After spending an hour on the phone talking with Jace a customer service rep and then spoke to Jackie a customer services specialist and then to a supervisor Eya they all told me that they could not do anything for me. I don't see how this was a positive experience or how you think treating customers in this way makes customer service your number one priority. I don't understand why I was asked to call your customer service department when they would/could not do anything to "make my experience with your company a positive one". All it did was waste an 1 hour of my time and only made me more upset that I have been unfairly treated. Your website miss leads customers and then hides behind some contract that everyone of your customer service reps pointed out each person I spoke with. What is the point of a customer service department when they do not have the means to remedy an issue? The result from that call was that I was told that this would be taken to their management team and they will do an "investigation" whatever that means. Every time I spoke to someone new they all basically told me the same thing like they robots or had a script that they stuck to, to avoid fixing the issue. They are a crooked business and not to be trusted. I would avoid them like the plague if I were you and all their affiliated sights which are if our not aware Booking.com, Kayak, agoda.com, Rentalcars.com and OpenTable I am sure they are all run the same way.

jakeh49
8/23/16

With other firms

deannac22
8/22/16

We paid fifty dollars for trip insurance when we bought our deal on priceline. We had a change of plans ten days out from the reservation. TEN DAYS. Well beyond what notice the trip insurance on the priceline website said we needed to provide. AMPLE notice. It took almost 45 minutes calling a phone line that never got me to a real person and talking to an obtuse online customer service representative to get them to cancel the darn reservation. I called the hotel, they said I had to call priceline. Priceline said I had to call the hotel. I told them we already did that, and they kept saying the reservation couldn't be changed or canceled. Even though we bought trip insurance so we could change or cancel the reservation! We shelled out almost 4 figures for a lengthy stay in cash, up front, and paid extra for that peace of mind plan. Customer service told me I would have to contact a 3rd party provider to file a complaint to get my money back. UN.real. After much back and forth, they finally refunded the money but in the cancellation email it said under normal circumstances they won't do that. EVEN WITH TRIP INSURANCE. We travel almost monthly and I have never, ever dealt with such rotten customer service. Ever. I will never, ever, ever do business with priceline again. We don't like to reserve and cancel, but there was a legit issue. The rep was prying and rude wanting specifics to see if our reason was good enough for them to honor the plan we paid fifty dollars extra for. The trip insurance fine print didn't say "peace of mind if we think your reason is good enough." and yet that is what their faceless online chat customer service rep was insisting on. Never again. Run the other way, as fast as you can. The company acts like a pack of crooked thieves.

joleenh2
8/20/16

Always what I expected and late afternoon super deals are always great.

billw127
8/18/16

I rented a car through Priceline one time in Philadelphia. Hertz was the rental car company and they unfairly charged me for an upgrade I did not approve. I went to Priceline and they told me they would handle the situation promptly. It took 10 days to hear anything back and they informed me it was between Hertz and I. I will never buy anything through Priceline again!

jeffs182
8/18/16

STAY AWAY FROM PRICELINE!!! I like many others put my trust in who I do business with and expect them to act in the best interest of my the consumer. I booked a hotel with them and bid $100 per night for 2 rooms. I was given a $69 per night room 25 miles away from the area I selected. I spoke with their representative and they indicated they could do nothing. I understand a large company doesn't care about one consumer like me but as I have searched on the internet I have found hundreds if not thousands of the same reviews. Maybe that is an indication you should change your policy. Bad BUSINESS! Priceline has lost a customer for life.

treyr6
8/17/16

Tried to book a flight through Priceline.com. Gave me an error saying that it was unable to book the flight. So I tried again another 4 times. Then went to Frontier to book the flight worked like a charm. I received a confirmation number though Frontier. The later when I checked the email. I received one from Priceline.com. They had charged my account. So now I have 2 sets of tickets. I called Priceline. They told me that they did not have any issues with their system. They also told me that they could not do anything to help me. Basically all Pricelines fault yet they will not refund my money. They told me I need to have frontier refund my money. In my opinion, it is not frontiers fault, and Priceline should refund me.

jenniferd136
8/16/16

Anyone considering doing business with Priceline should really investigate the company prior. Trickery is a huge tactic used to dupe people out of their hard earned money by allowing them to go through a process of booking what they "think" their agreeing to, however at the last minute they conveniently say that "We couldn't find a partner to accept your bid of $ a day. However, we were able to find you the same car for $ a day" when you still believe your agreeing to the original price, and go ahead and enter their CVS# again.

That is thievery and they should be ashamed of the themselves. A human being that could do business like this and sleep at night is, to me, lower than pond scum.

Read your reviews they're long and they all state the same thing. YOUR A SHIESTY COMPANY!

I wish I would have been more proactive in my research prior to getting into any type of business with Priceline. I will spread the word, like these others attempted, hopefully I will save one person from you.

sabrinaw11
8/15/16

Hotel prices in the headers were not the same once you clicked on them. "20% savings" became "18% savings" on the page it led to. When I tried to book an express deal, it was never available, and I tried 7-8 times over a 12 hour period to book a deal. I questioned three of their chat reps, they always said there was a lag time, directed me to book from the hotel listing rather than express deals. This would cost more, and I felt like it was not only misleading but false advertising. If a hotel deal is no longer available, then they should remove the deal from their website. They each blamed the hotel the deal belonged to, but it seems that it is a problem on Priceline's website.

danielp115
8/13/16

Almost always the same or best price as competitors and delivers as agreed, no last minute nasty surprises.

hilaryg6
8/11/16

Beware of NYOP as they often just give you the agoda website rate. I have experienced this in bids in Glasgow and Madrid. They make it almost impossible to honour any promise to pay the difference if you find it cheaper. They are an infuriating company but have got a few good deals as well in past so just beware

davidc403
8/10/16

Use the bid option for the best price.

arniec
8/9/16

They advertised $13.40 a day but when i tried to confirm the rate went to $31/day. Call customer service and they would not help.. I will never use them. They are con artists

sophiat15
8/9/16

I booked a flight that stated it would arrive on the same day with 0 -2 stops After I booked, it turned out to be an overnight flight (over 12 hours) with 2 layovers before arriving at my final destination.
"Customer service" said they would not change or cancel the flight. It was obvious that the entire chat was scripted- it was like talking to a rock. He/she (couldn't tell by the name) was absolutely no help whatsoever. I'll never use Priceline again. It's not worth the discount.

nabinm
8/9/16

I have been struggling for refund of my money they have charged. It is just impossible to make the customer service staff of Priceline understand. They even never try to look carefully what had happened. They just superficially do things.
We did two times car reservation one after other. From the beginning during online reservation they charged money. Later when I picked the car, the rental car people charged one more time money. When asked they said it will be refunded by Priceline. I have been calling or writing email so frequently to them, but none of the staff have understood or tried to understand what had really happened?
They also did research on it, but never found what is the transaction amount we are supposed to pay and how much excess we have paid.
I CAN NOT IMAGINE THAT A COMPANY CAN BE TO THIS EXTENT, IT IS A COMPLETE MESS. THEY NEVER BOTHER ABOUT YOU PROBLEM. THEY JUST TRY TO ESCAPE FROM THE PROBLEM!!!!!!
I AM REALLY REALLY SO MUCH FRUSTRATED WITH THIS COMPANY!!!!!
I WILL NEVER EVER DO ANY TRANSACTION WITH PRICELINE ANY MORE.
PLEASE BE CAREFUL WITH THIS COMPANY, it may happen to anyone.

escobarj
8/9/16

Priceline gave me a total of 94.02 for a 2 day basic car rental. When I got to Hertz, I was quoted a daily price of $12/day. How the hell is that a deal! Kiss my AZZ PRICELINE!

pedrod13
8/9/16

The staff is the best thing about the resort the swimming pools are not that big. The rooms are not serviced they do have a good burger the location is very far from every thing Cyrus Mcgown manger is lyer he said he would give me 150 towards dinner in the resort and then reneck on it the whole vacation was a disaster

rq6
8/8/16

Priceline booked me at a lower star hotel than the one I booked. They refused to upgrade me. Don't use this company. If I had wanted a 2 star hotel, that's what I would have booked. Don't use Priceline!

cherylej
8/8/16

I was disappointed with price line when I booked a rental for my trip to San Francesco . After I booked on Priceline thinking I was getting the best price I found another car rental at a cheaper rate. I called price line they would not refund me or match the price had something to do with Priceline already paying the car rental agency ! So buyer beware when you book through Priceline make sure you ask about cancellation !

wendyy6
8/6/16

We had an awful experience trying to do seat selections and print out boarding passes ahead of time with our airline tickets purchased through Priceline. Even the airline at the airport said that the tickets were messed up and had to re-issue them due to Priceline errors. In trying to select seats and print boarding passes, we tried different servers, different computers, called the airline to assist, called Priceline to assist. Each had no answers for us other than Priceline later said many times their tickets are unable to do anything ahead of time online. We won't use Priceline again for purchasing airline tickets.

scottg69
8/4/16

If someone is looking for unique and amazing deals, then Priceline is a right place. They are simply amazing.

stephaniew80
8/2/16

Horrible horrible service liars bad customer service an hour on hold oh dont even think about a refund because you will be stuck with the ticket even when a family death happens and you need to cancel. Again just HORRIBLE

juliuss43
8/2/16

e did the bidding thing upon arrival in New York . I seemed to get a nice hotel . When I arrived 2hrs later I found they only had 1 bedroom left . This did not work as we had 4 people all family . So we told clerk and they referred us to call Priceline for refund . We left and found other accomindations . We called Priceline just to make sure that night . It was $400 . 2 months later hotel says Priceline holding money and Priceline has giving no help in refund . My best advice is not to gamble with your money . And stay away

heatherb119
7/28/16

love the deals

29 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Priceline staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question