Review of Priceline

Tel: +1.2032998412
hostmaster@priceline.com

cindya54
10/16/17

Booked emergency room in Paw Paw Michigan. Traveling with limited funds. The room we booked required a $250 credit hold to pay for damages or smoking in the rooms. Did not have available credit limit on card but we did have cash which we offered to cover the deposit with cash funds. Hotel refused our checked in and cancelled reservation. Priceline is refusing to refund as the room we booked was non-refundable. I completely understand non-refundable if it is our issue but in this case we offered to cover the deposit with cash which hotel refused. Priceline did not indicate there would be a $250 deposit required. For goodness sakes this was a 2-star hotel. Who on Earth would think deposit of $250 was expected? And why wouldn't Priceline clearly state this?

johns1937
10/10/17

My wife was racing to be at her mothers dying bedside and Booked a flight and a rental car with Priceline. I like saving a bit of money, but full disclosure would be the order of the day. They did not tell me that the flights on United did not allow a carry on bag. After flight was booked there was no way to upgrade, change or fix the problem. Then her flight out of San Diego was delayed due to fog, which meant she missed the connection in SFO. I tried to notify Avis that she would be on a later flight and they would not talk to me because I booked through Priceline. I contacted Priceline and got some jerk named Peter who was rude and condescending and could not be bothered to make sure Avis would take care of my wife. I have used Priceline for years and was always happy with the service. Something has changed and never again will they have my business. When I asked for a manager, this jerk Peter hung up on me. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

kayj27
10/10/17

I tried to cancel a reservation 4 days before arrival. I couldn't make my reservation due to my mother being ill and in the hospital. They requested a noted from the hospital stating that she was in there. Hospitals don't just give out notes they charge you for it.
I tried going up the chain of management and they kept spewing their corporate policies with no compassion. I will never book through a third party or OTA again. I will pay alittle xtra and call the hotel directly.

rhondac31
10/7/17

i booked a non smoking room but the hotel didnt have a non smoking room but sold me a room that was awful with cigarette smoke the hotel said they didnt have a room that hadnt been smoked in so priceline fraudulently book me a room

jessg33
10/1/17

I booked a room with insurance on Priceline's website. The quote reflected the insurance upgrade amount but when the order went through it didn't show this in my itinerary. I contacted Priceline immediately and they told me there was nothing they can do and they would not add it. I am absolutely appalled with their service and for the "auto mode - we don't care about you so deal with it" attitude. It's not worth the savings (which was under 15% for me) to even deal with them.

heatherc115
9/28/17

good prices if you work it. you have to enter repeatedly to get the better pricing. one of the sites I search on to travel.

toddr40
9/15/17

I rented a car through Priceline and my pickup time was scheduled for after my flight arrived at 5. I got to the National car rental at 5:15 to pick up my car... They were closed - I had to pay for a cab to run me to different rental companies until I could even find a car ( not even close to car I needed to get whole family in). Called and went on their customer service chat - total joke, they blamed Nationsl and took no responsibility for giving me a reservation and pick up when National was closed. Go straight to the car rental companies - Priceline has no idea how to handle car rentals and you get better deals directly from rental companies. Worst customer service I've ever experienced

shokatk
9/9/17

I booked 2 rooms for a 4 star hotel under the Priceline EXPRESS DEAL tab, where the hotel name is not given upfront and the price is discounted. Priceline stated that the hotel that I wanted to stay will be 4 star and similar to Hyatt, Marriott and Hilton 4 star hotels

When I booked I found out the hotel name is Tilden Hotel. Most of the reviews were negative about this hotel, except location. Most stated that the hotel was at best 2.5 star.

I stayed at the hotel, and true the hotel is old, small and at best 2.,5 star. it was nothing similar to Hyatt, Marriott or Hilton. I informed Priceline about this and their response was my payment is non-refundable, I accepted the terms of EXPRESS DEAL and they regret any inconvenience caused.

Terrible customer service!

deer50
9/6/17

Priceline continues to please. The only reason I did not give them 5-stars because they've discontinued the name your price feature. Even still their customer service is top notch.

maryt204
9/4/17

I booked two hotel rooms with 4 adults per room at a non refundable rate. The site allowed me to pick the number of rooms and the number of people per room. When I received my final confirmation it said only 2 people per room were guaranteed. I entered an online chat with Priceline to clarify that my reservation would be for four people per room. Kelly, the agent on Priceline online chat, said no They don't accommodate or guarantee anything above two people per room. I would have to call the hotel to check availability. When I asked Kelly "if the hotel is unable to accommodate would I receive a refund", she told me no. They have a no refund policy.
I would just have two rooms that would hold half of what I needed for $730. And it was pretty much my problem. The hotel confirmed my that reservation would accommodate 4 people/room. PricelineI could not care less. They have your money. I'll never use them again just for the confusion and aggravation they caused. TOO RISKY!

patriciar161
8/31/17

I booked a hotel room for my daughter at Country Inn & Suites in St Paul MN. I thought I was booking directly with the hotel. Unfortunately the room got booked through Priceline. If I had booked directly with the hotel my cost would have been $533.00. Priceline charged me $691.00. A $158 difference. When I contacted Priceline they told me that I had gotten a "special rate". UH? A special rate for $158 more??? I don't think so. STAY AWAY from Priceline!!!!

billo31
8/30/17

Double Bill one reservation horrible customer service online for an hour trying to get it resolved still did not resolve issue had to be reimbursed by my credit card company

ellens78
8/28/17

My stay at Econo Lodge Sequim was very nice.The room was clean, and very comfortable.
The staff was outstanding. Big complements to Kai, and Jean at the front desk for beong caring and friendly.
Ellen Scherer

jang72
8/28/17

DO NOT use priceline to rent cars. They charge your card immediately without your knowledge and state in their guideline that your transaction is non refundable. Nice...BEWARE of this tactic.

nadial6
8/26/17

Even you call to cancel a flight, they don't do it and they just steal your money. I regret doing service with them.

toyat1
8/23/17

I beg any one considering purchasing anything with priceline to reconsider. This site is a ripoff I purchased a rental suv for 4 days . The suv I reserved was not available and ended up with what I would consider a compact suv for 255. If I knew I would have booked direct with a visit and save about 90 dollars. Also checking into Great Wolf was a disaster after paying 288 with priceline I had to pay an additional 142 when arriving. All together a total of 530 totally ridiculous when the lady at check in stated I could have went direct with Great Wolf Lodge for 211 that included fees and taxes. 319 dollars I felt like I wasted for one night. No cancellation with priceline of you forfeit your money. So I advise anyone to research and review before booking with priceline you would probably do better with booking yourself or Groupon.

scotts282
8/17/17

Booked a room here through priceline and was charged a hidden charge at the end of our stay of 53.75 for parking and resort fee we never used anything but the room, still charged 30 dollors resort fee and 20 dollors parking plus tax for nothing. You would think when you pay good hard earned money at there hotel you would be able to park for no charge and be told up front about all charges. Room had faulty bathroom sink didnt drain propely. Vacationers beware at checkout of last minute extra undisclosed hidden fees.

monicam101
8/16/17

I entered my car rental pick up time on Kayak that sent me through priceline that lead me to book an alamo car for $170. Instead of my Aug 27 10pm pick up I noticed that my confirmation email said pickup was Aug 28th at 2pm so I called Priceline that connected me to Alamo support in India that could not comprehend the issue and said my rate would go from $170 to $330 to pick up the car 14 hours earlier. I ended up cancelling and PAYING $50.00 CANCELLATION FEE BECAUSE BETWEEN KAYAK TO PRICELINE TO ALAMO MY PICK UP TIME WAS CHANGED FROM SUNDAY NIGHT TO MONDAY AFTERNOON. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN KAYAK OR PRICELINE OR ALAMO!!!!

anniel60
8/10/17

I booked through Kayak, but was referred to Priceline, which helped me book a rental car from Hertz. For the experience I went through, I would NEVER recommend Priceline again, nor would I hope for Kayak to ever user Priceline on their website.
I flew into Seattle and booked a rental car. When I booked flights and rental cars through the site, I thought naturally I would be picking the car up at the Hertz location closest to the airport.
After getting off my flight, I hopped onto the shuttle that took me to the Hertz location. When I arrived, I was told the location I'm supposed to pick the car up at is 35 minutes away, and the only way for me to get there would be to take a taxi or Uber. I was not able to cancel my reservation at the other Hertz location at this point because the airport location was completely booked.
I decided I needed the car so I bit the bullet and paid the $54 Uber ride to go to the other location. When I finally picked up my rental car, I asked if I could change the drop-off location. As I thought, they charged me $40 to drop the car off at the airport.
I understand Hertz might not be at fault for this, but I am very upset with Priceline. My car rental for 2 days cost me about $45, but with all the hiccups, I ended up spending an extra $95 because Priceline placed the car pickup location so far away from the airport.
When I called Priceline about this, they refused to do anything for me and said I would have to deal with this through Hertz. I talked to Hertz, and they said they are not responsible because they were not involved with the booking process.
I've decided to not pursue any monetary losses, but I am going to make sure everyone around me does not use Priceline, and to be weary about which company they chose when they're on Kayak.

katk7
8/8/17

Based on my past Online Orders:

Quality: Hotel prices -can- be a great bargain! I discovered that sometimes 'Mobile Deals' are even better than those found on the computer. And having an account let's you get 'Member Deals', too.

Customer Service: Sadly, Customer Service is non-existent if an issue arises.

The hotels partnered with Priceline avoid confrontation about hotel complaints or issues by stating they cannot refund or compensate you, it is all up to Priceline. Meanwhile Priceline Customer Service hides behind the hotel, saying that they cannot override a refund or compensation without the hotel's permission.

08/08/2017: I've spoke to their customer service agents via Live Chat on 3 occasions regarding the same issue with one particular hotel to no avail. It's been 3 weeks dealing with the childish hotel staff disconnecting calls with Priceline. And Priceline Customer Service continues to say their hands are tied because of the hotel.

I don't understand how Priceline allows this to continue.

With their resolutions relying solely on the hotel's say so, this brings down the quality of Priceline's Customer Service. Nevermind the overall reputation of their company.

Tip for consumers: Overall: I cannot stress enough: KNOW the hotel you are staying at before booking. Know the standards, know the quality so you won't ever be disappointed. Then you won't have to deal with Priceline's Customer Service.

michaelp330
8/5/17

The insurance is a blatant scam. They offer it with full knowledge that it will not be available in the specific case of your travel. This level of dishonestly does not bode well for trusting them on anything. Never again!

leticiac10
8/4/17

Leticia C.
Fraudulent practices. I rented a car on priceline because it allowed me flexibility to select the time I wanted to drop off the car. However, the itinerary that I received had the car returned 3 h before I had schedule it. I had to pay the equivalent cost of 3 rental days for 3 extra hours. Priceline allows you to make a reservation on the schedule you want and then surprises you with a different schedule. I will never ever use Priceline again. Deceptive practices are not conducive to client retention.

michaelj248
8/2/17

i thought i was reserving a car but was charged, and when i tried to make changes to the reservation, i was told i could not. Lost my money. total Ripoff. Stay away.

scottt90
8/2/17

Tried to explain terrible service at Econolodge in Sandy UT. Simply said we cant issue a refund. I left hotel with two days paid for and wasn't asking for a refund.
here is convo:
Hi, my name is Victoria and I'll be assisting you today.
Hi, Lori. I am sorry to hear that.
Are you referring to your reservation on 31-Jul-2017?
leaving econolodge . there is two days left on reservation but we checking out Nick yu didnt let up on us and threatened to cancel several times. today we told him to cancel the next two days and he said he cant cancel
yes have left the hotel and told him
I am sorry to hear that. Don't worry, let me check the possible options for you.
I'm sorry to hear your stay was not what you had hoped it would be. I will call the hotel to let them know of this issue.
night clerk and overnight clerk were very nice, and nick yu was absolutely awful
I understand. Please give me a few minutes while I call the hotel. I'll let you know once I have an update to your issue.
Thank you for patiently waiting.
I spoke to Alonya, the hotel front desk.
he kept imposing wierd rules. said my two young grankids could not visit, I seldom complain and stay at many hotels. but I will be going on every hotel rating site I can find to complain about this with details. I dont even care about a refund. i just want you to be aware. where can i rate my stay on your site?
She advised me that you have a pet with you and they are charging a cleaning pet fee as per the policy of the hotel.
not the issue
I am sorry, but I asked about having this cancelled. They advised me that you can check out; however, you won't be getting any refund back.
dont care about a refund. where do i rate this hotel stay on your site/
I apologize, but we send a post stay survey to all of our hotel customers after the check out date. This survey allows you to rate the hotel on several different criteria, and also provides you with a section to include comments about your stay. We love when customers complete the surveys as we use them as part of our hotel review process.
great I look forward to it. i am also contacting the corporate office about this guy. he has no business dealing with the public

jennyd41
7/30/17

WORST! I would give 0 stars if possible! The hotel I booked with Priceline ( 3months before the actual date of travel) was overbooked and could not accomedate our reservation. The hotel said we would not be charged, but we were. After numerous "case escalations" Priceline emails me stating a refund can not be issued because we were a "NO SHOW" which is BS! We showed up at check in time. They were overbooked. I contacted the hotel who then contacted price line directly stating THEY NEVER CLAIMED WE WERE A NO SHOW and we need the money back for the reservation. They still have not issued my money back and claim they will return my call within 48 hours. This has been going on for 4 weeks now. The employees are incompetent.

Helpful answer

The agreed to price is inclusive. I would look at dollar's website before renting from Priceline. There is no layer of protection from prcln.

By william g. on 9/28/16
Helpful answer

I'm not sure what you mean by "receive" the e-ticket. I've booked numerous times through priceline and other intermediaries, but have never received a ticket. I would suggest that you look at the itinerary that you've received from priceline and look for the Airline Confirmation Number (which may be a sequence of letters and or numbers depending on the airline). Then go to the airline's website and look up your flight itinerary. This process also varies by airline, but there should be some menu such as "My Trips" or other itinerary look up option. The airline should be able to find your itinerary based on your name and confirmation number. If your priceline itinerary contains an e-ticket number, you may be able to use that on the airline's website as well. If the airline has your itinerary, you're good to go. You'll be able to check in and get a boarding pass (electronic or print) 24 hours prior to your flight. If the airline has no record of you, then you've got a problem.

By Lake R. on 11/26/15
Helpful answer

No, they have gotten worse! Do not use priceline for anything. If anything is wrong with your reservation they will not give you a refund for whatever reason!

By Denise A. on 3/1/16
Helpful answer

Don't make a mistake or you will pay dearly. I made a 15 minute error and it cost me $500!

By Roger C. on 8/28/15
Helpful answer

Did you pay with cc, check your statement.

By Denise A. on 5/30/16
Helpful answer

It might take a few days but priceline will send you a survey to take where you can rate your stay.

By Eric H. on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

Never ever use priceline I tried twice once with a hotel they gave me the wrong date. The second was with a rental car . I rented a suv as we needed space for 5 people and it confirmed the suv just to send me a email confirming a compact car. And they would not change it...

By MELISSA T. on 12/19/15
Helpful answer

The priceline map will show you the area in which the hotel will be. If you do a little homework, you might be able to figure out which hotel it is. Looka at all the 3.5 star hotels in that area, also look at the rating the hotel has like 7 or 6 or 8+, this might help yo figure out the property. There is no guarantee that the hotel is even listed on the view list. Just remember, if you don't like it once you buy that's too bad. You won't get your money back, and you can either be happy with the purchase or just move on to another hotel and pay the going rate. If your willing to gamble go for it, if your not don't do it. I myself have never had a problem. I do my homework and am generally able to figure out the hotel, there was one I was sure of and when I bid and found out the hotel, it was not the one I had counted on, actually it was better. Good luck.

By Phil L. on 6/30/15
Helpful answer

Cute cat. But like it says in the fine print (of which there are some 3426 pages), buy your travel and then you are locked in for whatever travel arrangements you have selected and which Priceline was able to get for you.

By Walter P. on 8/4/15
Helpful answer

Don't buy flights from 3rd parties, buy directly from the airline, you don't need any headaches or stress if something goes wrong better to work directly with the airline than through a 3rd party

By Phil L. on 5/2/15
Questions? Get answers from the Priceline staff and other customers.

13 Photos for Priceline