Review of PartsTrain

Tel: 1.888.251.1214
info@partstrain.com

ronniet12
10/6/17

This site came up in a Google search when I needed to see if a part that was stolen off my car was available. Using their live chat, I got my questions answered to my satisfaction, so I ordered the part. I guess the price was reasonable (not comparing other parts sights for a price), enough that I could afford it. It arrived in a very timely manor and yes, I was able to put the part on myself (as I was told). Now my car is whole again. #very pleased #veryhappy. Do check this site out to look for parts for your automobile.

jimmyh59
9/13/17

Tried to get a powersteering pump from them and sent one for the wrong year and tried to talk to them about it and they said I ordered the wrong one when it was on they search. And ain't trying to make no deal or nothing for they $#*! up. And now I gotta pay more money for another pump

davids815
8/12/17

Just wanted to let everybody know to stay away from an online company called Partstrain.com . I ordered parts from them online and I went through a thorough line of questions to make sure that the parts are for the right vehicle I answered all their questions and it came out that the parts were for my vehicle so I ordered them. I get the parts and of course they are the wrong parts so I call customer service to return them they do nothing but hassle me over the return. They also tried to make me pay to ship the parts back to them and also I had to take it to a main FedEx location which I believe the closest one was in Oregon. On their website they say easy hassel free returns which is a load of crap. Then on top of that they gave me no discount whatsoever on the replacement part and said that I made the mistake on ordering the previous part. It was their computer system that said it was the right part. Horrible customer service. Very bad experience. I would avoid this online company at all cost

kevins241
8/4/17

Will send you the wrong part and tell you it's your fault because they have their Google search criteria set incorrectly. Also... Shipping takes well over a week. Worst online company I've ever done business with.

patrickb122
7/4/17

Ordered an "in stock" part five days ago. Still processing? Customer service has been outsourced to Indian operators who cannot understand English very well. Horrible company and misleading advertisements.

lisah279
4/27/17

Ordered wind guards on a Friday , had them on Wednesday . They don't ship on weekends , but first thing Monday I received an email letting me know that my order had just shipped. On Wednesday my order arrived. They sure weren't kidding " ships in 1-2 business days. Thanks for the quick service.

miken116
4/24/17

terrible service, called to cancel right away and they said it would take days to cancel my order so I had to stick with it. Then 4 days later still no update or tracking and they said it was in production and wouldn't ship for another week. Card was charged even though they said it wouldn't be till i received tracking. (they said its only a hold) I asked again to cancel and they said they could try and email me in 48 hours but not gauranteed they can cancel. as others have posted what a ripoff

all363
4/17/17

i purchased a catalytic converter for a Subaru back in June of 2015 it has a warranty of 5 years 50,00 miles its only been one year and about 8,000 miles a code p0450 eff problem and by the way i am not a back yard mechanic a run a full operational garage in mass i sent them the info pictures and a print out of the computer readings with the code as part of readings showing that it failed now they are telling me i need to send them a wave form readings that i all ready did in a digital form they are making excuses not to warranty i highly recommend to stay away from this company they don't standby there customers at all very hard to deal with the people i talked with on the phone are in the Philippines STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY

jamess528
4/6/17

I ordered a cylinder head for a 87 Escort, not easy to find but they could get it for cheaper than Rockauto where i normally order from. I received an email after the order that said my account would not be charged until i received tracking information, my account was immediately charged with no tracking info provided. I was concerned so i contacted them, they assured me everything was good to go and continued to stay in contact until i received my part. It was the correct cylinder head and it has worked just fine since installed.

jenh38
2/23/17

I bought a catalytic converter with a five-year warranty from this place in 2014. My order was right, and the part seemed to work out just fine. However, last week, my catalytic converter suddenly started making loud noises. When I checked it, I realized the pipe had rusted off. Because I was far from home, I applied some muffler cement, so that I could drive my car home without getting pulled over for my noisy car. I sent photos and a detailed description to Parts Train to claim my warranty. They told me that I had voided the warranty because I had "altered" the part by putting muffler cement on it. So, basically this place does not care when their parts break or how that inconveniences you, and they don't stand by their parts at all. Give your money to someone who values your business.

chipw3
1/26/17

I ordered a part from them through a Google search. When I got the part it was not for the car i order it for, when I called them they claimed that the mistake was in my end. When I tried to reorder the part it became 5 Times what I originally was having to pay for it. Never again will I shop with this site.

ct80
8/23/16

I am a fool. Every time I get parts from them, they f*$k it up, and send me a part that is GUARANTEED to fit on my vehicle and then, IT DOESN'T! So there I was, car all tore apart, and had the wrong parts. WTF!? Thank GOD for ADVANCE AUTO and SPEEDY DELIVERY!! Its taken me at least 30 emails and BEGGING to get the RMA and pending credit and then, they try to give me back LESS than what I paid!!!!!!??? WHO DOES THAT!
BBB Approved? I think the BBB should check into that!
This is most definitely the last time I will do business with Parts Train, US AUTO PARTS or whatever name they maybe using in the future! THEY SUCK!!
Let me add, as you can see, not once have they ever tried to refute any of the bad reviews. That speaks for itself I'd say!

Tip for consumers: DON'T DO IT! There's a reason the prices are so cheap!!

randye16
5/14/16

The customer service people are obviously in a call center in India. The order I placed was for catalytic converters. One arrived in a timely manner - the second one has not shipped. I believe it is out of stock and they do not want to be honest and tell me. I finally cancelled the order but was told that it might still ship anyway and I would get charged for it. Do not shop with Parts Train. They are horrible - timely shipment of your order will not happen and the customer service people are not helpful at all and will do nothing to fix your problem.

abes41
5/12/16

I ordered a new bumper for my truck. The Parts Train website said it should ship within 48 hours. But when I checked their website a day after placing the order it said "order processing". So I called the 800 number. The person on the other end was very difficult to understand. His English was minimal at best. He told me it could take up to 9 days to ship and he had no idea where it would ship from or what carrier. I then saw where another customer had purchased a bumper from them and it soon rusted badly. So I called and cancelled the order. Parts Train did refund to my PayPal the cost of the bumper but not shipping.What a rip-off!

toddp22
3/7/16

ordered a catylic converter that website said was in stock after 2 weeks of waiting I called and was told it was out of stock. they said they sent email but never got it canceled my order and bought it at local muffler shop. don't waste your time with this company.

austinc24
2/18/16

I ordered a Radiator for my 2002 Protege5 at a little more than half the prices of the local shops. It arrived two days later with no damage and fits perfectly. None of the issues as stated in the other reviews.

ozzyb1
12/19/15

after placing an order for a fender, i decided to look up reviews and based on how many negative reviews this website had, i spoke with an online agent who seemed to be very convincing in having the exact part shipped and delivered to me in the specific time frame it claimed to be , specifically, Christian Joash Berdon. But these reviews told me to not trust it regardless, even with his convincing words. i decided to have the order cancelled because my gut feeling told me to not make it official. i just hope this website is not as bad as these people make it to be.

curtw9
8/27/15

Was gone to lunch today and upon return, I found an Order Confirmation in my inbox. I did NOT order anything from these guys, yet they had all my info correct, except my Credit Card # (may have been an old cc # not sure as all they could tell me was the last 4 digits. I did call and canceled the order but reviews leave me worried that I may be charged anyway.

Oct 2015: I was able to cancel the order and my cred cd was not charged. Still not sure how it happened but Parts Train did help me fix the error. Also changes my rating of them from 1 to 3 since they were helpful.

shilom1
8/22/15

I would go into detail about my very $h!ttY exp. with this 3rd world $H!Th01E company, but I think the many others have said it better! I just want people to DO RESEARCH because this crooked company does business under other names! One big one is uspartswarehouse and maybe CARID. Im hoping the investigation I had my cc company start to get my money back will spark some awareness with Visa and maybe they'll go after them for some people to get their money back!

curtisg12
4/8/15

I ordered a alternator and put a overnight shipping for it never came the next day called customer service there telling me that they could not get in contact with the warehouse like really what type of business are you running so I put in a request for cancellation and now they sent me a email finally saying that the part I ordered is ready to be shipped now I have to send it right back in order to get my refund I should've stuck it out with Rockauto. com I guess being cheap isn't always good I advise anyone never to use parts train to order your car parts they SUCK

jackj43
9/12/14

Worst experience EVER!. I ordered a set of exhaust manifolds. I got the first one with no issue. The second never showed up. After four phone calls I get told its on a 6 week back order. I asked for a refund...I'm told no problem. Two days later they email me and say they are shipping me a replacement for the part I ALREADY have!. Two more phone calls and I'm still waiting on my refund! Lloyd at customer service Refused to give the supervisors name and number!

Tip for consumers: Stay the hell away from this SCAM ARTIST Company!!!

nicholasp14
8/28/14

Placed an order on Monday and the same day a hold was placed on my account, and I never received a confirmation email. Four days later the charge disappeared and they never fulfilled the order. Talked to a rep and they said the order was never placed. How does a company put it on hold and never place nor have any information on it?!

melaniec12
7/19/14

Their sales representative told me that the soft top to my convertible would be sent with the back glass. When the top came without the back glass, I called to see how long it would take for the glass to take to then find out their sales representative misinformed me. So I ordered a back piece to my convertible asking for it to be black (same color as my top) and when it got delivered, it was beige. I ordered through them two times and both times they messed up on my order! Never again!

bethanys4
6/24/14

I was really excited to find this website and see that the prices were much cheaper than the local parts store. I ordered a rear brake kit for my truck and they sent a front brake kit. I have waited over a week for my order to arrive, and now it's the wrong part. The worst part is that I called customer service (which was in Korea) and got the run around how they could either return the part and give me my money back or send a new part once they receive the wrong one. Keep in my my truck has been ripped apart for days awaiting this part, and with that runaround it would be at least another 1-2 weeks before I get it fixed. I suggested that they overnight me the correct part so I could use the truck by Friday and they refused. They said they could only send a new part with the original shipping choice at checkout. I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said that he couldn't overnight it because of the weight of the package. I bet it weighs at least 50 lbs... it's heavy. He was no help at all, even after I explained that this error is NOT on our part because we were shipped an incorrect part and I would be writing a review of the company. I am going to send this part back at their cost, but I will have to eat the original shipping I paid. Best part is... I checked Fedex and to overnight it, the shipping weight has to be less than 150lbs. So not only am I out a part, lost money for shipping, but I also got lied to. STAY AWAY from this company. I am so displeased!!

angiem9
6/20/14

Ordered a Dee Zee grill guard. Went on vacation for a few days. When we got back a few days later we check the e-mail and it wasn't the part we ordered. I immediately called to cancel the order as we hadn't gotten an e-mail that it had shipped yet. I was told it would be up to the warehouse whether to cancel it or not. Two days later the grill guard arrived. The day after that we received an e-mail that the product was ready to ship and we should get it soon. When I called to return the item, I was told it would be $160 if we wanted to use their freight carrier to return it. We ordered the correct product but their system messed it up but we have to pay for shipping! STAY AWAYYY!!!!!

Questions? Get answers from the PartsTrain staff and other customers.

PartsTrain?