Review of Net-A-Porter

Tel: +1 877 678 9627
customercare.usa@net-a-porter.com

joannah31
10/19/17

man this company sure craps the bed in the customer service department - please i beg you go to Nordstroms

annef57
10/2/17

I cant express what a first class company Net-A-Porter is. I had an issue with a pair of shoes that I wanted fixed and they were not able to fix them so they refunded me my money. I will always feel confident in purchasing from them.

anyas7
8/10/17

I placed an order in June returned one of the items by end of June. It is August 10 and they still haven't processed the refund, saying they have high volume of returns. Uhm.... what? A month and a half to process the return? They confirmed it they got it, yet not willing to refund! Absolutely ridiculous! Will never buy from them again!

dolapoa1
8/9/17

I bought three items since the 13th of July items they have not been received yet. No tracking number provided in email. I called after a few days no one knew what had happened. Called a week later still no idea from customer service person I spoke to they were waiting for a response from DHL. Two weeks after sale found out order sent to Hong Kong in error when I live in London. I was promised order will Be sent back to London and sent to Me still waiting nearly four weeks now. Unhelpful staff each one seemed to be not interested in my plight. I get the impression company just interested in the sale and no customer after care.

Will not be shopping there again

es1430
7/13/17

They used to be great. They used to care about their customers. That's not the case any longer. Emails ignored or so poorly read that their responses were repeatedly inaccurate. They refuse to acknowledge their mistakes. Management is inept. All the good people must have jumped ship long ago. Worsr service. Disaster. Sad.

lolab16
7/12/17

Good marketing (with the magazine) and nice selection but customer service doesn't match expectations for a luxury online shopping brand. You pay extra for courier delivery and they can't get the time right, always showing up when no one is home despite multiple emails. Takes up way too much time to actually get packages. Pretty disappointing. When I sent an email to complain they didn't even apologize for the fact that I'd sent three emails letting them know when delivery should take place, and they kept delivering outside of those windows. In fact I got a rude response.

madisond13
6/26/17

I have NEVER written a review about a website in my entire life but this site is great. Speaking on behalf of the fact ive tried to purchase designer/luxury items on other sites (including ssense.com) I give it a 5/5. I ordered a pair of shoes on sale and the shipping cost was free. I called a few days later on the number on the site to ask what day they would come in, the lady on the phone was the kindest person ive ever spoken too and the service was amazing. She told me they wouldn't get in until July 3rd, and i needed them for June 24. I was super upset and the woman on the phone could tell and she tried everything to help me and apologized many times and told me it must be a mistake because shipping usually doesnt take that long. I was super annoyed and figured they'd come in late but, they came in on the 23rd! Either she accidentally told me the wrong delivery date or she came through for me I was super happy. They came in perfect condition and Im very happy with my experience!!!!

megand42
6/21/17

I purchased a Manu Atelier bag from them, and it was ruined the first time I carried it on a rainy day--pock marks, etc. They claim this is normal "wear and tear" for leather, and won't replace it. I paid upwards of $500 for the bag, and now I can't even use it. This is ludicrous--I've never had a leather bag that couldn't be carried in the rain.

brookeo5
6/1/17

I have heard how amazing net-a-porter is so I decided to order from them for a dress to wear to a wedding. I was ordering over a holiday weekend, but with their "FREE 3 DAY SHIPPING" claim I did not feel the need to add rush shipping as it would come to day before the wedding. BIG. MISTAKE. When I hadn't received a shipping confirmation from them 48 hrs later I called customer service. She told me the "three-day shipping" meant it would be shipped from the warehouse within three days!!!! HOW STUPID ARE YOU OR HOW STUPID DO YOU THINK I AM?! When I asked to speak to a new representative she placed me on hold to then come back and say there had been an error in my order and that it could not be shipped until the error was fixed and they didn't know when said mysterious error would be fixed. That's it. I asked could I order the same item with overnight shipping now and I'll return the one arriving late. No overnight shipping. And they don't deliver on weekends. So no, that wouldn't do either. To boot, even though there was an "error" on their part there was ZERO done to recover the sale/customer. Ridiculous. Will not shop here again.

kumikam
5/26/17

I used to love NAP and found their selection and service very good, but have found that since they sold their company the quality has gone down. I have continued to purchase from them if I find something I really like, but this is just unforgiveable.

In 2017, NAP started charging sales tax for purchases from other states such as MA. MA charges no sales tax on apparel items under $175, and starts charging when the price exceeds that. So for example if you buy something for $200, you get charged 6.25% of $25. (You can easily find this information online: http://www.mass.gov/dor/individuals/taxpayer-help-and-resources/tax-guides/salesuse-tax-guide.html#apparel )

They have been charging sales tax on the whole amount if the item is over $175. Earlier this year, I pointed this out to them, and they said I was right and they would refund me (but I ended up returning the items so it was a non issue). Now it is the end of May, and they still have not fixed this issue. I find this borderline criminal and extremely dishonest of them, especially as they have been notified of the issue. They are essentially overcharging certain customers for tax in certain states!

Other sites such as Neiman Marcus calculate the amount correctly (I even put the same dress in my cart to double check!) You would think in today's world with the technology we have this would not be so difficult. So if you do decide to purchase from them, double check the math and be careful!

basicb
5/19/17

Like everyone else, I placed an order for an expensive purchase, and was absolutely steamrolled by Net-a-Porter. First off, never in my life has a luxury company ever asked me for an access code for a credit purchase. I mean, I get it, I'm middle class and maybe I shouldn't be blowing my money on make up, but seriously? STOP JUDGING ME. Even my bank thought it was absurd, because they had already approved the funds and didn't think it looked suspicious. It certainly looked vaguely fraudulent when I called! And then when it came to delivery, what a PITA. We have an access point set up at our apartment so that all UPS deliveries go to a nearby store (because we've had packaged get nicked before). But nope, Net-a-Porter refused to deliver to an access point because I had to sign for the package *personally*. They did not seem to understand that I work in a secure office building where personal mail is explicitly forbidden, and it's just not an option. They did not understand that no, I could not take a day off to wait for my package, nor the fact that my apartment building offers no access to non-residents. Literally, no one would be home to sign for this package and delivery people can't get in anyway. So not only did I have to tell them I AM POOR AND I CAN'T AFFORD A DOORMAN/CONCIERGE but I HAVE TO WORK FULL TIME BECAUSE AGAIN I AM POOR AND THIS IS AS GOOD AS IT GETS FOR ME. They didn't understand that the UPS driver could not just leave the package, because it would surely be stolen. And if it didn't get stolen, then my package would melt outside in the hot sun on my concrete entrance in the heat and humidity. After all was said and done, I had to drive to an even sketchier part of town to pick up and sign for my package at the UPS depot at 8:00 pm at night. LIKE MY DAY WASN'T LONG ENOUGH. The whole process was absolutely mortifying. I just felt dirty and like I wasn't "good enough" for their service. They questioned my payment. They questioned my standard of living. I just wanted to spoil myself a bit and now I feel even worse. It's safe to say that I will just order my "fancy" make-up from Sephora or Neimans or Nordstroms or Saks from this point forward. Or maybe even directly from the company. Awful. Sincerely dreadful. I gave two stars because I finally received all of the cosmetics that I paid for and the brands are the high quality that I have come to expect (five stars), but Net-a-Porter is horrible and I would give them zero stars, if I could. I feel like they were punishing me for being "lazy" and ordering everything I wanted through one portal. HAH. Convenient? Never.

ai1542
4/20/17

As my title says, they pockets the sales tax/GST component on returned items. I purchases clothes and returned them and received a refund minus import duties and GST 10%. Only when I asked about the discrepancies in the price I paid and received as a refund after 30 days, they credited my account with import duties. But they are telling me that I'm losing the 10% GST. Be aware if your net-a-porter order is delivered from overseas. I live in Australia and it was shipped from Hong Kong.

Tip for consumers: If you return the items, you will lose import duties and sales tax/GST depending on where you reside. For OZ customers, you will not get the GST back. You're better off buying from other retailers.

nikb12
4/5/17

So, I placed an order from Net A Porter. The first delivery attempt was unsuccessful. I called the number on the UPS ticket and asked if they had any idea when the next delivery attempt would be....Unfortunately I would not be home to accept the package on that day. I asked if they could leave the package at the warehouse for me to retrieve it there. I was informed that I had to contact NAP due to their "signature" requirement upon delivery. So I then reached out to NAP explaining to the customer service rep that I would not be available to sign on the next delivery attempt. The rep said that if I was NOT available then I could have my package re-directed...GREAT!! So I gave the rep my sister's information to have it delivered to her home...I know she'll be there to sign for it because she works from home. The next day I received an email stating that my sister's address did not meet their "re-direct" criteria. I then called NAP explaining everything she asked if I wanted to try ANOTHER "re-direct" address. I asked her what was the criteria you must meet for the re-direct...AND SHE COULD NOT EXPLAIN!!! So WHY would I give ANOTHER address just to WAIT for ANOTHER DENIED EMAIL!! I asked the rep can my package just STAY at the UPS location and I'll just pick it up myself. Would you believe I was told NO!! So to sum this up I placed an order from NAP my money was dedicated IMMEDIATELY...the first delivery attempt was unsuccessful...I asked if I could sign for my PAID merchandise at the UPS store and I was told NO it must be delivered and signed for. Well what is the difference if I sign at home or sign at the UPS store????!!!!!! IT WOULD STILL BE ME SIGNING FOR MY PACKAGE!!!! I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM THEM AGAIN!!!

judym99
2/9/17

Without any warning sales tax is being collected. You won't notice until you get to the pay for order page. I will also be looking elsewhere to purchase, one that does not charge sales tax and there are still plenty of retailers who don't do this and who offer free shipping as well. So long NAP.

sarahb273
1/29/17

I was prepared to purchase a more than $3,500 order from net-a-porter for my potential wedding dress. I was told that I needed to provide a credit card transaction number in order to process my order. I received poor customer service when I called to question why I needed to provide a transaction code from my credit card company. The customer service representative did not offer any alternative to verify my payment despite my CC already being charged. I had to call net-a-porter back and conference call in a CC representative for them to explain they did not provide a transaction code. Only then was I told that net-a-porter could deposit a less than $1 amount in my CC account as an alternative. It took several days for that deposit to appear. I had to call the company back again -- at this point I had called the company three times in order for them to charge me. The order was finally confirmed -- but THEN I was emailed a generic email saying that there had been an error and the order was no longer available in my size. This was not an error - they had clearly SOLD the dress that I had purchased. Hands down the WORST customer service I've ever experienced from an online company.

ccarrolll
1/26/17

They just started charging tax to Ca on 2017. I didnt know it till i placed my order. the things i used to like r free shipping and tax free. now I dont need to buy it there. I can always shop at BG .tax free and free shipping. its not a good deal any more.

marydap
1/25/17

I like the web, very easy to browse and return no hassle. But in 2017, they started charging TAX to US STATES other than NY State. First they jack up the price for some items. For example Prada shoes on nordstrom, same style $750. NAP charges $765 and then TAX. If the TAX not included like prior to 2017. OK, they want to charge that $5 as shipping the shoes. Still OK, even though it's a little CHEATING! So, therefore, I'd rather shop nordstrom online. Charge TAX but better customer service policy. Good by NAP.....farewell in 2017. I have a new fav web based in UK, matches fashion..........great price and so many items, 3 days arrival. Love love.

maggiep23
1/19/17

I am long-term customer and this site is very good! It always come to me in two or three days and all products are very good quality and yeah. but about shoes, for example nike or adidas, i ordered adidas superstar and nike (i don't know full name) ad i think that they are fake, because nike shoes symbol came off in the first day i wore it and adidas superstar shoes was really hard to get on my leg and they really made me fell hurt, my leg was with blood ... but if they are fake - it's okay, because they're very good condition shoes and that'sonly one time i've been dissappointed. you can buy from there products, don't worry, it will be perfect!

rlongn
1/2/17

I ordered a dress from the web. Very nice quality with nice bag for my dress. Delivery is fast as I expected. I am happy with the service.

jend38
12/23/16

Worst customer service ever. I ordered a 1k handbag for next day delivery. I heard nothing from net a porter and had to call them on the due date for delivery. I was told after three calls that they could not deliver to my address in Ireland. This surprises me as many other online retailers have been able to deliver to my address in the past. I was told the package would be delivered within two days. Then I received an email asking me to call my bank for a code. This was the night before delivery was due. I was so annoyed that I cancelled the order and I will NEVER buy anything from net a porter. I will instead spend my cash with their competitors. I received a cancellation email and no apology. You would think that they would want to keep customers happy, perhaps offer a 10% discount as an apology. Bad business sense.

katew56
12/22/16

I've been a long time Net-A-Porter customer. I loved their pictures and full description that included all measurements and weight for some items (bags, jewellery).
Recently I've tried to shop there again and so that now they have two type of the pictures - traditional high quality Net-A-Porter and others that look like something they had three to four years ago.
Items description is not as full as it used to be (I've returned 4 items in a row! That never happened to me before)
I've also noticed that prices for some items are changing from time to time.
Net-A-Porter becoming Yoxx. They are bringing some low end brands (Sam Edelman, Madewell, etc). It's no longer a luxury experience. I rather shop at Farfetch and Stylebop

claram36
12/13/16

Ordered goods 09DEC (2 blouses)
First time user, was so excited.
Was emailed to advise I needed to call bank to obtain Authorisation code, was odd but duly did this and emailed company back. Yo which they responded this would be passed on to finance and items to be posted. Paid extra to have items delivered on chosen day when I would be home. Christmas Party awaited the next day. So waited most of the day and no delivery. I checked order online and it said Not Dispatched.I started to panic! Called New-a-Porter hoping it was all a big mistake. No. They said they had debited a £1 from my account and needed me to check.Hello ????? None had called/emailed to advise there was further security measures in place being a new customer????? I am fuming!!! The customer serb vice is zero. No explanation as to the non delivery of my items. They are com pellets terrible and can offer no apology for the non deliverance of my two blouses. DO NOT USE NET-A-PORTER!!!! Completely pointless exercise and wasted my whole day waiting for items that were never going to arrive... I paid £995 plus £8 extra postage....from a very upset first time customer, Clara Maguire

hollyd23
12/12/16

I was a long time customer and bought many things from them. I had bought a shirt and a pair of shoes and decided to return the shoes and got an RMA number and after I had done it online decided to return the shirt as well. I called and got an RMA number and put both items in the same box. They received the box that had both items, and returned the shoes but said they never received the shirt. I tried to deal with them for a month about this and the CUSTOMER SERVICE was the worst. So I called my CC company and told them and they credited me for the return. Now Net a porter said they don't want me as a customer unless i pay for the shirt that I returned. I said NO thank you I don't want to be a customer of your site any longer.

fgf4
9/22/16

I placed an order at over £500 for one item and paid the extra for next day delivery. I took the day off work as it had to be signed for. I thought I'd check the next morning for any tracking or delivery info only to see on my account that the item would be dispatched within 24hrs- was anyone going to tell me this if I hadn't checked? I rang Net-a-Porter immediately to ask what's going on and spoke to a girl who sounded like she couldn't care less. She informed me that there was a 'pull' up the front of it and couldn't be sent out due to quality control and would have to cancel my order. I asked if anyone was going to let me know if I hadn't checked my account but of course shed just found out her self. Now, which is it? Is it quality control or is a suitable one being dispatched within 24hrs? She didn't even offer the other one but insisted she had to cancel. I suspect lies, lies and more lies. They then had the cheek to ask by email if I was pleased with my purchase! Never again.

steveg124
9/14/16

Caught this site falsely claiming that a Prada sweater they were selling was made in Italy only to discover that it was made in Indonesia! This site is very shady! Beware.

Helpful answer

You can return your purchased items within 28 days. All the forms are provided and delivered to you. You just have to call DHL. The money refund is very fast! 2 days on PayPal and few days on Credit card. Excellent customer service!

By federica y. on 10/16/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Net-A-Porter staff and other customers.

Net-A-Porter?