US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mariag73

My shoes were delivered in 3 days at no charge - the way it should be! (in 3 reviews)

susanr19

Each order contains a pre-paid UPS label for returns...really an excellent shopping experience. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jennb13
7/12/16

I've shopped this site for years and always had great experiences. This was my first time buying anything on sale at this site, but I had no idea that my order would be shafted to the absolute bottom of their priority list because the items I purchased were on sale (but still totaled more than some of the items that I have purchased from them for full price).

I have ordered multiple things also on sale online from other luxury retailers in the last two weeks and have received each item promptly, but net-a-porter has yet to even dispatch my order, 3 days and counting since I ordered it. An inquiry to customer service resulted in a rude email explaining to me that my SALE ITEMS would be sent to me when they were good and ready to send me my SALE ITEMS and that they were experiencing a high volume of orders and, basically, had other priorities. Well then, back to Saks for me.

melahz
7/7/16

a very trustworthy website. ordered few times and always getting my shipment earlier than expected!

marias180
6/27/16

I bought a pair of sneakers with same day delivery on Saturday, as it was already 6pm, sneakers should arrived on Sunday from 10am to 5pm. Is Monday and I don't have my sneakers. I spent about 3 hours with them on the phone. They assured me I was going to get them. And nothing. Just countless emails and a waist of time.
Terrible customer service. Unreliable. Will not be buying from them anymore.

kerryb36
6/13/16

Paid Net-A-Porter $150 for a supposed Roles Royce of hair brushes..the Mason Pearson from England.Supposed to be of such high quality you'll list it in your will. I've had it 14 months with gentle use on short hair and the bristles have started to fall out by the dozens! I believe it must be held together under the rubber base with Elmer's glue. What a fraudulent, overpriced product! It may have been good once; Just crap now.
And Net-A-Porter sells the full line...still! Of course there's no way to file any warranty with them. They are no Eddie Bauer! I guess if you can afford "luxury" you can afford being ripped off! Well I'm not a 1%er and I was not looking for luxury. I was looking for a quality product that would last. Stupid me. Will not use the site again because of return/warranty policy.

Tip for consumers: Beware the return/warranty policy.

janet982
6/11/16

try working with the unprofessional so called customer service managers - rude - with not much experience - the customer service managers have less then 2 years of experience and believe me it show.

bessiw
5/18/16

I've been a customer for over 8 years.
But recently the customer service is really a joke.
I ordered a Chloe top.
I received it with a stain and a small thread sticking out.
I contacted customer service and they asked me to Sen a picture of the defects, I kindly asked why when the item was unused with tags still attached.
They told me that there was only to document the damaged item so there will be no problems when I returned it.
Well to make a long story short I received a email saying that they wanted to send the blouse back to me as it had a stain and a thread.
I made 5 calls and sent over 7 emails and still no luck.
Finally after 4 weeks they refunded me a store credit and I did not have the energi to talk with them anymore.
Now I need to order one more time,
But after that I never will shop anything again, there are many more websites that is a million times better

disappointedf1
4/12/16

I've been a customer of Netaporter for many years. And i've always been a fan of not just how they bring together all those amazing brands, but also of their impeccable customer service. I've been even making reference of their customer service, when dealing with other online shopping sites, saying that they should try to be as Netaporter, because they were the best.
Well, apparently they aren't anymore. A few days back, i returned an item to them. But for the first time, i regretted and contacted them as soon as possible asking if they could reserve it for me as i knew it was the last one they had. I was hoping to buy it again. A customer consultant called Ama, contacted me and assured me that there would be no problems and that the item would be sent back to me as soon as it would be processed and that it wouldn't be sold to anyone else. As, i've always encountered an amazing service with Netaporter, i trusted her word. But the same day, i received an email saying that Netaporter had already refunded my money back. So, i emailed her asking, if i needed to make the payment again, as the money was refunded. She said not to worry and that the parcel would be back to me. All i had to do was to wait for an email with the tracking number. I thought they would cancel the refund process. And started to wait. But no email or tracking number arrived. So, i started emailing her. No replies. I called her. Still no replies. Not only her, no one from the customer service replied to me for 72 hours! (while they always assure you that they would reply in 24 hours) Well, after 72 hours, i received an email saying that the item, she promised to send back to me, was already sold!
I am so disappointed, because, if she had the courage to tell me that she messed things up, i could have bought this item again. She made me loose it because i waited for an email with the tracking number, as she said that it would be what they would send me next.
The worst part is that i won't be able to trust them anymore. Because apparently they became ordinary as any other online site. With Netaporter, i always had this feeling that, everything would be fine. But unfortunately they lost their trustworthy, professional position in my eyes. It's a pity. And Ama, she is the worst, the most unprofessional consultant i've ever seen in my life. She actually ignored my calls and emails like a little girl does to a friend. Well, i wasn't her friend, i was her customer and she didn't show me the respect which i believe i deserved, as any customer does.
Thank you.

jillr37
2/21/16

I bought a pair of Tory's sandal n Michael kors handbag, absolutely love them great packaging, will order more my favourite site so far.

fionar7
2/20/16

Have ordered 4 items in the space of 3 months and each has come beautifully wrapped and speedily delivered even when paying for normal delivery. Ordered my last dress on Sunday morning and was delivered Monday afternoon evenafter just paying for 2-3 day delivery service.Cannot fault them at all.

michellec106
2/15/16

It is so sad to know that the once professional and fantastic service provided by Net-a-Porter is no longer present.

In Jan 2016, I ordered a bikini top and bottom from Net-a-Porter. After receiving the item, I realised that the bottom did not suit me as it revealed too much flesh. It was the type with strings to tie at the side and the brief portion had frills lining it which bunched up and thus covered very little skin. Therefore, I did not try the brief and returned both the top and bottom.

Net-a-porter sent me an email saying that the bikini top was refunded (minus shipping). I enquired about the brief and they replied saying it is stained. I asked which part was stained and they did not tell me and insisted there was a stain. I was very upset as I did not even try the brief. I told them this is very unfair as I was sure I did not stain it and returned it in the same state as I received it. They then replied the stain was under the protective sticker?!!??!?? I was outraged but they still insisted on returning me the brief.

In my exasperation I told them forget it, just return it to me but send me the bikini top as well. They said the bikini top is no longer available and I can only receive the brief back. I told them what do I do with the brief only?! They expected me to order through the website and pay for shipping a second time or keep a $50 brief for no reason.

Net-a-porter you are such a fraud and I will never order through your website again!!!

jammiee
2/12/16

I ordered a pair of sunglasses. The tracking number they gave me was no good. It took 5 weeks to receive the glasses and then they were the wrong thing. I am going to try to return them but I'm not feeling very optimistic about it. Stay away

miriami
2/8/16

I really do not post reviews, especially not negative once, but since the downfall of the service , shipment, admin of the once glorious Net Aporter since July this year, I have to move on . Where there was once impeccabile customer service, expidited delivery, now all that we are left with is : packages sittting at the DHL dock for weeks , while your card is being charged; once you get credited back the exchange rate of the debit is not applied, but ratehr the one of the day, followed by , instead of an apology or a credit, I get a " CONTACT YOUR BANK" ... well it takes a third grader to understand that unless you credit back fees with the same exchagne rate applied at purchase, there will be a discrepancy. Now clearely as a 10 year loyal customer of Net A proter, clearely I do not "need" the difference, but a courtesy email and aplogising for the oversight would have been nice. Instead I get rude replies as if it was MY fault the package is sitting in Docklands from December 8 - February 8....
Add to that : delayed deliebries; merchandise not arriving; merchendise in the box missing yet charges on the card are made; damaged goods. guys hts are packaged in a hat books otherwise they dent....; and I can go on and on and on, all in a time span of 5 months. I hate to leave, but she the founder has left and net is aprt of big corporations, the issues we ahve now are NOT a fluke but the mere reality of an amazing service going down the drain after a maker take over. Luckily there are options, but I am still sad to see where we tand today. Sorry, but people should know what was and what is. if you join now then the service provided mught be better than others, but when you ahve been a regular client of NET for 10 years, certainly the diffrence service, delivery and customer service is not what it used to be.

Tip for consumers: if you do not mind waiting and order small items, then this might be perfect. However is like me you are used to get your order within 24 hrs max 48, for 10 years and went through a series of ansty exchanges, even being accused of not returning a package, while net a porter never even shipped the apckage....it is time to move on. I personally think the departure of the founder is key

carolinew21
1/21/16

Worst service I have ever encountered - impossible to return and I have a forty page thread to prove it. It should not be this hard to do a ()&#&$)&% return. Never using them again!

scottl74
1/16/16

I ordered two items about 10 days ago. They emailed me asking me to add shipping address to my credit card as the shipping address is different from billing address. I thought this is ridiculous but I contacted my bank and they added the address. Net-a-porter emailed me that the shipping address is added.

About a week later, they still didn't ship so I asked them when they will. Answer is they cannot ship until they verify the billing information. I have no clue what else they need to verify....

Stupid.

sarahy29
12/31/15

Jewelry is not something I had ever bought online before.  A friend mentioned net-a-porter so I decided to check it out. Not only was I impressed by the selection, but I found exactly what would match with a bridal gown.

virginias18
12/27/15

I have always had decent service with Net a Porter. I have ordered a few things that honestly were Target quality (or less) from name designers (Donna Karen, cheap Alexander McQueen, to name a few, but this is true of many high end designers). However, when I heard Howard Stern's wife Beth going on and on on his show about Net a Porter, having things delivered regularly ,on first name basis with sales reps, blah blah blah, it just kind of nauseated me..(silly but true).

saraho21
12/14/15

After looking for a dress after a while, I got bored with the lack of styles. That's when I found net-a-porter. Not only did they have unique styles, but they also had a variety of them! In no time at all, I had fallen in love with a dress and ordered it.

petert84
12/9/15

i ordered Christian Labouttin shoes at 600 USD they sent wrong size having mis reported the equivelant size in european sizes

Then deny they did so and fob me off, they refuse a return

banditsi

susanj64
11/27/15

Bought a blouse and saw that it was on sale about 4weeks after receiving it. Haven't wore the blouse yet but I wrote Net-a-Porter and asked for good will credit between regular price and sale price. Told them I did not want to return the blouse but just get a $40 credit. They refused. Could care less. I told them that Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf's, Saks would do this. They still refused. NOT GOOD BUSINESS!!! Rather do business with other stores who also offer free shipping and returns.

cc136
10/13/15

Bought a $400 dollar cute Isabel Marant dress. Wore it once and washed in the sink with Woolite for three minutes. Washed clean and when after it dried after I put it the dryer only using wrinkle release (use this setting for all my wool, cotton silk dresses shirts and pants) I noticed pulls and threads all over the dress. Called Net A Porter and they refused to do anything. They told me try to call Isabel Marant and ask them to take it back and I told them I did not buy the dress from Isabel Marant. Stay away there is no safety net with this website. They do not acknowledge that sometimes items they sell may be defective. I have never written a bad review before and I was reluctant at first but people need to be informed about this website.

Tip for consumers: Do not do not use this website.

sharronn2
9/28/15

I want to exchange a dress which once I tried on, I realised the inner skirt as too short. What would be the quickest way? Buy the other dress and ask for a refund on the other? Or maybe exchange the old for new and pay the difference?

johannas3
9/23/15

Ordered a bra and the fitting was awful, trying to refund it but it seems impossible and veeery complicated. No phone number to them is working and they dont reply to emails. They also use DHL to deliver your items and it was a nightmare, you basically have to take a few days off work so they can deliver the item for you (or you have to drive to a DHL center to pick it up yourself, even if you paid for delivery). Would NOT recommend.

dorothyb26
9/21/15

Finally after  searching a few other online stores, I came across net-a-porter. Not only did they not have what seemed like "everyone else had" but they had gowns that could only come exclusively from them. This made my dress feel special and not just another copy.

dorothyr19
9/16/15

I had been buying things online and sometimes it was iffy when it came to quality. Net-a-porter had a good amount of styles available so I found one I wanted and ordered it. When I got it, I was impressed by how great the quality of dress they had!

mariar80
8/15/15

Typically I shop at victoria secret for lingerie, but I came across this site on the knot. I was looking for some lingerie for my honey moon. I was able to find some looks that I liked on net-a-porter. Not only did it make me feel sexy, but my friend all told me that it looked great!ty

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Net-A-Porter staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
12/29/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
10/16/15
Answer
federicay
A: You can return your purchased items within 28 days. All the forms are provided and delivered to you. You just have to call DHL. The money refund is very fast! 2 days on PayPal and few days on Credit card. Excellent customer service!
10/16/15