Review of MyPoints

50 California St Fl 3
San Francisco, CA 94111-4632

dianaw63
8/18/17

I do a paid for surveys site and I make around $300 a month. It wont make you rich but it covers my electric and water bill. Its really not hard. Check it out:- OW.LY/YVHsA

rachelw108
8/16/17

I've been a member for 13 years. The site used to be great until late 2016. That's when I noticed my points were not applying to my account for purchases I made through the site. I've submitted over 16 separate inquiries and this is what they had to say: "We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Please understand that we do not receive any sort of compensation for providing manual credit for offers not tracked by our system. Nor are we able to retroactively receive credit even if proof is provided. We provide this credit as a courtesy in good faith.

If you wish to continue using your account, please ensure that you are completing the following:

-Refrain from using any third party software that may block your tracking cookies.
-Offer is completed without delay as the merchants will track you as being from our site for only a short time (usually it tracks as long as you do not close the browser window or navigate away from that merchant's web site.)
-The same information on your Special Offers as your account (ex. Name, Email, and Mailing Address). Please click the offer link before you complete the offer.
-Make sure you do not have have other tabs or windows open at the time of your transaction.
-Refrain from using any additional coupon codes as coupon codes from other sites may disrupt our tracking or be rejected by the merchant

We apologize, but we will no longer be able to credit your account through submitted tickets. If you encounter further crediting issues with your account, we would be unable to assist you with credit."
They change the rules every time I submit an inquiry. Never once, nor anywhere on the site, does it state that you have to make a purchase quickly after clicking through the site. I am out of approximately 12,500 points and have shown proof of purchases.Just use sites like e-miles, Rebates and travel sites. MyPoints is no longer worth it.

michellea135
8/1/17

I've been with MyPoints for almost 17 years. Over the years I've accumulated more than 126,000 points and redeemed $600.00 so far (and I still have over 50,000 left). I have been a dedicated member and I used to love doing surveys, but lately they've gotten more confusing to get into them, especially since the "Free Lotto" came on. I can't seem to be able to get to the surveys once I use the Free Lotto. It's like a dead end to me. Because of that I no longer do them. Otherwise, I love using MyPoints to earn points for shopping. I love that we can get points for grocery coupons, too. All the products offered on here are the exact same ones if you go directly through coupon.com, so not only do I get a discount at the register, I also get points for using them. There's a lot of ways to get points accumulated and save money at the same time. These days every penny counts. It works if you stick with it.

patriciad119
7/29/17

I tried to redeem for an Amazon e-gift card and have not received an email from company with redemption code. I have tried to contact company 4 times via email and haven't received a response. I have been a long time user of MyPoints, but something has changed and it is not worth it anymore. Time for MyPoints to step up because the endless emails is not worth it!

michaelb559
7/29/17

annew76
7/14/17

Nothing happened when I won a 25.OO reward at bidland & no one ever could be reached on-line nor notified me that it was or could not be sent!

elizas12
7/7/17

I don't the lack of efficiency the surveys have. For example I keep getting screens that will say, "Congrats you qualify for our survey! Please proceed." So I do proceed and the very next screen says, "Sorry this wasn't a match blah blah". That is BEYOND frustrating when 90% of the surveys I try to take say that immediately after I do qualify!!!!!! There were even times when I was 10-15 minutes into a survey, answering legit questions about electronics that I own and use when suddenly it dropped me out saying I didn't qualify even though I was told in the very beginning that I did. And no... I wasn't speeding through answering willy-nilly without reading their trick questions. *SIGH* I'll just scrape together what points I have earned and not come back because this is wasting my time.

devshikhab
7/1/17

Many a time this site has cheated me of my rewards/points...It has made me watch19 out of the 20 videos (total needed to win the points) and right at the end of the playlist comes a video which "has been removed". This means I cannot watch the 20th video needed to earn the points. But it has cleverly made me watch 19 of the vids!!! This has happened a few times. So this site is a WASTE of time !! Do not use this!

Tip for consumers: Never use this site...it makes you watch videos but cleverly deprives you of earning points needed to get the reward cards...a big fraud!

jonih13
6/26/17

Videos mysteriously stop working every week or 2 when you start accumulating points. Customer service is a joke-all they keep saying is they don't own the videos. No help! I think they are cutting off users when they start getting too many points so they don't have to give out rewards!!!

jillm95
6/6/17

I received an email which notified me that I earned an Amazon gift card. I logged in for my code to use to redeem by gift card. I waited and waited and waited, no follow up email arrived. I left messages at their customer service answering machine and I sent them an email, still nothing. I will stop using MyPoints and tell my friends and family to stop using them.

aliciaa34
6/1/17

This site used to be great. It is no longer. I was a member for over ten years. In the beginning it was easy to earn and redeem points. Over time it got more difficult to get the site to apply purchase points. It took up to six months with several "missing points" submissions to get my points.

The worst part was after over ten years of point accumulation they sent me codes for a $500 e-card gift card, which was expired, and they will not reissue the card. Never again!!!

marys492
5/5/17

My Points stinks, You can never get into the games. They are horrible. I cannot say enough bad things about them. In fact they should be shut down by the Better Business bureau. Stay away from these CON ARTISTS,

kam637
4/13/17

I have been locked out of my MyPoints account, I have accumulated over $100 in points and they blocked me from their FB page! They have made sure there is NO way I can contact them! No one answers my emails, calls to their customer service number go no where and they've blocked me from their FB page. They are UNTRUSTWORTHY!

anat179
4/13/17

LIKE other reviews, they stole my gift card of 50 Inever received, when I open a ticket to ask where is the gift card, they send an automatic robot answer asking for a copy of my id and my social number, the second robot answer they asking your cooperation to send them your personal info and your id, if not your account will be deactivated. Suddenly they deactivated my account. No chance to contact any human help or anytelephone number. The just keep your money and your personal information.

Stay away, recommendation: close your account as soon as you have access to your account, so they can not have any personal information in their sistems

julianac9
3/5/17

I can't access my account anymore. They kept all my points. Would file changes instead of giving them 1*

dougr32
2/23/17

I spent money at various stores and accumulated points then tried to redeem for a Walmart gift card. I am still trying for 3 weeks to get my gift card. They first tell you it is being processed...Then I start a customer service ticket after receiving nothing. Now I get an email from compliance department asking for a photocopy of my government issued ID for them to keep on file. I have no idea who these people are and certainly don't want them having a copy of my ID. You accumlate points then they make you jump through all kinds of hoops if you try and redeem them. I wish I knew this going in. The time it takes to get a lousy $25 Walmrt gift card is not worth it at all. Don't waste your time on MyPoints.. There are a.lot of other companies doing the same exact thing out there

jonasc27
2/19/17

Very poor site. Surveys cut you off after spending 20 minutes saying they are full. You watch movies for 20 minutes and get 2 points, big whoop. -- Not worth the time!!!!!

johnh526
2/11/17

I cannot figure out their "video rewards". I keep clicking on the different videos and it keeps returning me to the same annoying ad video that just keeps going in circles.

dianeb113
2/7/17

The site is just mediocre. I hate that they give you so few points when you make a purchase and the surveys they have are horribly long...way too long so I don't bother.

It's too bad as this site used to be really great!

nicks154
1/6/17

If you joined MyPoints, here's some survey's that give you the run around and don't give you points:

- Absolutdata.com
- Sample-cube.com
- GlobalTestMarket.com
- Ipsosinteractive.com
- Survey Savvy

I've literally spent about half an hour going in circles with these survey company's and didn't get any points. I either didn't quality or were lead to a dead page.

I wish MyPoints would go back to what it started with because that's what made it popular. I really miss clicking emails for points.

kimberlyh71
12/8/16

This is one of my top sites I have received many payouts from this place. It is quick and fun to have points coming to you. You can get points by doing surveys and if you don't qualify you still get 5 points with max being 5 surveys even after that you can do more surveys you just don't get the 5 points for not qualifying. You also get points by watching videos, opening up email, shopping, etc.

rh941
11/22/16

i've been dealing with my points for over 5 years now and it's fine to get 5 free points just to open an email and go to the site, however, when it comes to making purchases, that's a whole different story. EVERYTIME, i've made purchases through my points directly i NEVER get my points and have to contact them and most of the time, i still don't get them. i guess that's why i've made so few purchases through them because THEY DON'T credit your account and most of the time the pts. aren't even shown as pending pts. they make money but we don't most of the time because they're dishonest! rest you be assured, NOT ANOTHER DARN PURCHASE WILL I MAKE THROUGH MY POINTS! and when you call customer service they say sorry nobody's available now. you leave your contact info and NOBODY has the decency to address your issue and contact you back. BAD BUSINESS ALL AROUND THE CLOCK!

Tip for consumers: just take the free points, DON'T BUY NOTHING through my points buy it on your own without going through the email my pts. sends you because 9 times out of 10 you won't have ANY PTS. added to your account anyway. WASTE OF TIME

melp19
11/14/16

But when we're selling our info to their partners, I would like a cut as big as before they sold out to Swagbucks!!!! I've tried SB, and there is a reason I abandoned them in favor of using only Mypoints. Before the sell-out, the Search and Earn garnered me at least 200 points a month...now I'm lucky to get 9 a week. The rewards for redemption went up, and the points available to earn plummeted. Emails used to be a few a day with some of them 10 points (the Best Buy weekly ad!), now one or two a day for 5. Surveys are capped...yes, there are more, but you can only do a set small number a day before you don't earn points and the surveys disappear. Overall, this is just another SB failure, they took a great company I loved shopping and searching through for the past 11 years, and made it a time-consuming, low-rewards mess.

johnf278
11/2/16

Member for 16 years and now mypoints won't allow me to redeem thousands of mypoints earned. They won't even give a explanation of why they refuse to allow me to redeem the points. As of October 2016, this site is a total scam.If you have accumulated any points, try to redeem as soon as possible.

room16
10/1/16

Been a member for at least 12 years. At first it was great. Then slowly it got to where it was harder & harder to earn points, took up wayyyyyy too much time, they added too many new regulations, and basically made it too time consuming. I will say I've never had a problem getting my gift cards promptly. But the surveys were one of the few ways I could earn points, then that changed. I NEVER qualify for them anymore, and after spending over 40 minutes every time answering inane, stupid questions that have been asked over & over in nearly every survey, I'd suddenly not qualify. Sometimes I would get 5 points for it but that's hardly worth the time spent. The Ipsos interactive surveys are the worst, and I won't even do them because you don't even get the five points for trying.
Recently it seems swagbucks & mypoints have merged. No notice to the members that I know of. All I know is that since they revamped the website, offers that don't expire for 7 days come up as expired & I get nothing for clicking on them. I can't watch videos because of my crappy internet service so I don't get those points (which also seem hardly worth the time it takes), the website often won't open an offer because the browser will say the site or the connection is insecure, which is never a good thing. When I've needed to contact customer service I was lucky enough to get good service once. After that it was mostly canned responses or promises to do something and not following through on the issue. So, I recently cashed in my points, and am going to delete my account and look for a better program. Mypoints has become a huge waste of time, it takes four times longer to try & accumulate points, if your points aren't credited, too bad, because they won't do anything about it.

I don't recommend MyPoints unless you like being ignored, having your time wasted, waiting 18-24 months to accumulate enough points for a gift card with more than ten bucks on it, and going to a website that has become dysfunctional.

Helpful answer

You RUN! RUN FOR THE HILLS! Close your account and RUN! And then, file a complaint with the BBB. They are now under the parent company "Prodege" which is also SwagBucks. Both are horribly run companies now!

By Judy M. on 2/14/17
Helpful answer

you don't, they won't answer or take your calls nor will they return any messages.

By Judy M. on 1/6/17
Helpful answer

I've never received them...???

By KS T. on 1/6/16
Helpful answer

you shouldn't put your phone number on the web.

By Heather R. on 2/4/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the MyPoints staff and other customers.

MyPoints?