Review of MyPoints

50 California St Fl 3
San Francisco, CA 94111-4632

jonih13
6/26/17

Videos mysteriously stop working every week or 2 when you start accumulating points. Customer service is a joke-all they keep saying is they don't own the videos. No help! I think they are cutting off users when they start getting too many points so they don't have to give out rewards!!!

jillm95
6/6/17

I received an email which notified me that I earned an Amazon gift card. I logged in for my code to use to redeem by gift card. I waited and waited and waited, no follow up email arrived. I left messages at their customer service answering machine and I sent them an email, still nothing. I will stop using MyPoints and tell my friends and family to stop using them.

aliciaa34
6/1/17

This site used to be great. It is no longer. I was a member for over ten years. In the beginning it was easy to earn and redeem points. Over time it got more difficult to get the site to apply purchase points. It took up to six months with several "missing points" submissions to get my points.

The worst part was after over ten years of point accumulation they sent me codes for a $500 e-card gift card, which was expired, and they will not reissue the card. Never again!!!

marys492
5/5/17

My Points stinks, You can never get into the games. They are horrible. I cannot say enough bad things about them. In fact they should be shut down by the Better Business bureau. Stay away from these CON ARTISTS,

kam637
4/13/17

I have been locked out of my MyPoints account, I have accumulated over $100 in points and they blocked me from their FB page! They have made sure there is NO way I can contact them! No one answers my emails, calls to their customer service number go no where and they've blocked me from their FB page. They are UNTRUSTWORTHY!

anat179
4/13/17

LIKE other reviews, they stole my gift card of 50 Inever received, when I open a ticket to ask where is the gift card, they send an automatic robot answer asking for a copy of my id and my social number, the second robot answer they asking your cooperation to send them your personal info and your id, if not your account will be deactivated. Suddenly they deactivated my account. No chance to contact any human help or anytelephone number. The just keep your money and your personal information.

Stay away, recommendation: close your account as soon as you have access to your account, so they can not have any personal information in their sistems

julianac9
3/5/17

I can't access my account anymore. They kept all my points. Would file changes instead of giving them 1*

dougr32
2/23/17

I spent money at various stores and accumulated points then tried to redeem for a Walmart gift card. I am still trying for 3 weeks to get my gift card. They first tell you it is being processed...Then I start a customer service ticket after receiving nothing. Now I get an email from compliance department asking for a photocopy of my government issued ID for them to keep on file. I have no idea who these people are and certainly don't want them having a copy of my ID. You accumlate points then they make you jump through all kinds of hoops if you try and redeem them. I wish I knew this going in. The time it takes to get a lousy $25 Walmrt gift card is not worth it at all. Don't waste your time on MyPoints.. There are a.lot of other companies doing the same exact thing out there

jonasc27
2/19/17

Very poor site. Surveys cut you off after spending 20 minutes saying they are full. You watch movies for 20 minutes and get 2 points, big whoop. -- Not worth the time!!!!!

johnh526
2/11/17

I cannot figure out their "video rewards". I keep clicking on the different videos and it keeps returning me to the same annoying ad video that just keeps going in circles.

dianeb113
2/7/17

The site is just mediocre. I hate that they give you so few points when you make a purchase and the surveys they have are horribly long...way too long so I don't bother.

It's too bad as this site used to be really great!

nicks154
1/6/17

If you joined MyPoints, here's some survey's that give you the run around and don't give you points:

- Absolutdata.com
- Sample-cube.com
- GlobalTestMarket.com
- Ipsosinteractive.com
- Survey Savvy

I've literally spent about half an hour going in circles with these survey company's and didn't get any points. I either didn't quality or were lead to a dead page.

I wish MyPoints would go back to what it started with because that's what made it popular. I really miss clicking emails for points.

kimberlyh71
12/8/16

This is one of my top sites I have received many payouts from this place. It is quick and fun to have points coming to you. You can get points by doing surveys and if you don't qualify you still get 5 points with max being 5 surveys even after that you can do more surveys you just don't get the 5 points for not qualifying. You also get points by watching videos, opening up email, shopping, etc.

rh941
11/22/16

i've been dealing with my points for over 5 years now and it's fine to get 5 free points just to open an email and go to the site, however, when it comes to making purchases, that's a whole different story. EVERYTIME, i've made purchases through my points directly i NEVER get my points and have to contact them and most of the time, i still don't get them. i guess that's why i've made so few purchases through them because THEY DON'T credit your account and most of the time the pts. aren't even shown as pending pts. they make money but we don't most of the time because they're dishonest! rest you be assured, NOT ANOTHER DARN PURCHASE WILL I MAKE THROUGH MY POINTS! and when you call customer service they say sorry nobody's available now. you leave your contact info and NOBODY has the decency to address your issue and contact you back. BAD BUSINESS ALL AROUND THE CLOCK!

Tip for consumers: just take the free points, DON'T BUY NOTHING through my points buy it on your own without going through the email my pts. sends you because 9 times out of 10 you won't have ANY PTS. added to your account anyway. WASTE OF TIME

melp19
11/14/16

But when we're selling our info to their partners, I would like a cut as big as before they sold out to Swagbucks!!!! I've tried SB, and there is a reason I abandoned them in favor of using only Mypoints. Before the sell-out, the Search and Earn garnered me at least 200 points a month...now I'm lucky to get 9 a week. The rewards for redemption went up, and the points available to earn plummeted. Emails used to be a few a day with some of them 10 points (the Best Buy weekly ad!), now one or two a day for 5. Surveys are capped...yes, there are more, but you can only do a set small number a day before you don't earn points and the surveys disappear. Overall, this is just another SB failure, they took a great company I loved shopping and searching through for the past 11 years, and made it a time-consuming, low-rewards mess.

johnf278
11/2/16

Member for 16 years and now mypoints won't allow me to redeem thousands of mypoints earned. They won't even give a explanation of why they refuse to allow me to redeem the points. As of October 2016, this site is a total scam.If you have accumulated any points, try to redeem as soon as possible.

room16
10/1/16

Been a member for at least 12 years. At first it was great. Then slowly it got to where it was harder & harder to earn points, took up wayyyyyy too much time, they added too many new regulations, and basically made it too time consuming. I will say I've never had a problem getting my gift cards promptly. But the surveys were one of the few ways I could earn points, then that changed. I NEVER qualify for them anymore, and after spending over 40 minutes every time answering inane, stupid questions that have been asked over & over in nearly every survey, I'd suddenly not qualify. Sometimes I would get 5 points for it but that's hardly worth the time spent. The Ipsos interactive surveys are the worst, and I won't even do them because you don't even get the five points for trying.
Recently it seems swagbucks & mypoints have merged. No notice to the members that I know of. All I know is that since they revamped the website, offers that don't expire for 7 days come up as expired & I get nothing for clicking on them. I can't watch videos because of my crappy internet service so I don't get those points (which also seem hardly worth the time it takes), the website often won't open an offer because the browser will say the site or the connection is insecure, which is never a good thing. When I've needed to contact customer service I was lucky enough to get good service once. After that it was mostly canned responses or promises to do something and not following through on the issue. So, I recently cashed in my points, and am going to delete my account and look for a better program. Mypoints has become a huge waste of time, it takes four times longer to try & accumulate points, if your points aren't credited, too bad, because they won't do anything about it.

I don't recommend MyPoints unless you like being ignored, having your time wasted, waiting 18-24 months to accumulate enough points for a gift card with more than ten bucks on it, and going to a website that has become dysfunctional.

tracia6
8/28/16

This was once one of the best "points for clicks" sites out there, despite its total absence of customer service. Contact with MyPoints only consists of standard replies which are clearly computer generated, as they're never quite on topic. But, hey, it's free and you could rack up a lot of points, so a few glitches or whatever were acceptable.

The site has changed quite a bit, though, over the years. Points are scarcer and mistakes are frequent. About the third time you've done twenty minutes of a survey and don't even get the participation points, you'll be over it. Not to mention promised points that don't get added and a survey site that will glitch so badly as to get kicked off the browser.

I'm not dropping this site, as I'm willing to settle for less than half the rewards I used to get, and I'm patient. I'd not recommend you bother with this one if you're just starting, however. Many other sites are much better.

mariond19
8/17/16

As Heather R. wrote:'For each survey I attempt to take I never qualify. So I spend 20 minutes of my time filling out a survey I don't qualify for only to get 5 points. When I go to click on a survey I want to take, it will give how long the survey will take (usually 20 minutes) and how many points I get (usually 100 points). This issue is, I take 20 minutes to fill out a survey, find out I'm not even qualified and only get 5 points. I've still spent 20 minutes or my time, whether or not I qualify I should get the 100 points. So really, I spend 20 minutes to see if I qualify, then 20 more completing the survey. In total that's 40 minutes.'

She is 100% correct. I stopped doing their surveys at least 1 yr ago A HUGE waste of my time. Never made it through one survey=- a real SCAM. Try to get customer service. They never answer emails. I wasn't credited for many pts I should have been & I've been trying to get these pts for over 2 months now. No success. I'm now using other sites that are far more customer friendly. STAY AWAY FROM MY PTS!!!

guyp18
7/30/16

This used to be a great company with real rewards, and they responded to contacts as well. In the last couple of years, they have started placing all sorts of limitations, and today I wanted to go in to check my account, but apparently it doesn't exist anymore. So I wanted to contact them, but you can only use the contact email if you are a member, which apparently I am not anymore. It's a total scam.

heatherr54
6/7/16

reneev6
4/16/16

This company use to be good. Lately they seem to have people running the show that has no idea on building a company. They will treat you with disrespect and call you names. Can you believe that a company can do this and stay in business? I'm sure the company will not be around much longer. Don't use this company!!!

joant16
4/10/16

Seniors, did you ever try to get Survey Points and find you don't meet the criteria or just plain get bumped off the site due to a technical error. Could it be they are discriminating to older adults, or this a valid action. Makes you wonder!

carlac28
3/24/16

I had been a member for many years, but over the last year the deductions, for no reason (no returns), not getting credited for purchases, even after submitting the for for missing points - yesterday was the last straw - they deducted 798 points for a Best Buy purchase that I never even made. I closed my account. I am finished with it. I feel they get the credit for the purchases, they just don't want to pay out anything - Goodbye!

warrens25
1/27/16

have built points with MyPoints for years and now want to use my points. I log on and the web site recognizes me and says I have X points and then when I try to redeem my points they kick my to a loop that says they don't know who I am and I have to verify my ID when I verify they don't recognize me. OK these things happen. Starting months ago I use their service contact and email them. NO response repeatedly. Today completely fed up I decide to call their service people. Big surprise no phone number!!! These people hide their phone number like a cobra hides it's kill!!!!! So I have a problem and I need to communicate with a human. Simple fact with MyPoints that will be impossible. Avoid this company like the plague, find another shopping portal there are many good ones such as the ones attached to American Airlines and American express.
Tom Sedar
Very Very mad customer of my points.com

Helpful answer

I've never received them...???

By KS T. on 1/6/16
Helpful answer

You RUN! RUN FOR THE HILLS! Close your account and RUN! And then, file a complaint with the BBB. They are now under the parent company "Prodege" which is also SwagBucks. Both are horribly run companies now!

By Judy M. on 2/14/17
Helpful answer

you don't, they won't answer or take your calls nor will they return any messages.

By Judy M. on 1/6/17
Helpful answer

you shouldn't put your phone number on the web.

By Heather R. on 2/4/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the MyPoints staff and other customers.

MyPoints?