US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mariond19
8/17/16

As Heather R. wrote:'For each survey I attempt to take I never qualify. So I spend 20 minutes of my time filling out a survey I don't qualify for only to get 5 points. When I go to click on a survey I want to take, it will give how long the survey will take (usually 20 minutes) and how many points I get (usually 100 points). This issue is, I take 20 minutes to fill out a survey, find out I'm not even qualified and only get 5 points. I've still spent 20 minutes or my time, whether or not I qualify I should get the 100 points. So really, I spend 20 minutes to see if I qualify, then 20 more completing the survey. In total that's 40 minutes.'

She is 100% correct. I stopped doing their surveys at least 1 yr ago A HUGE waste of my time. Never made it through one survey=- a real SCAM. Try to get customer service. They never answer emails. I wasn't credited for many pts I should have been & I've been trying to get these pts for over 2 months now. No success. I'm now using other sites that are far more customer friendly. STAY AWAY FROM MY PTS!!!

guyp18
7/30/16

This used to be a great company with real rewards, and they responded to contacts as well. In the last couple of years, they have started placing all sorts of limitations, and today I wanted to go in to check my account, but apparently it doesn't exist anymore. So I wanted to contact them, but you can only use the contact email if you are a member, which apparently I am not anymore. It's a total scam.

heatherr54
6/7/16

reneev6
4/16/16

This company use to be good. Lately they seem to have people running the show that has no idea on building a company. They will treat you with disrespect and call you names. Can you believe that a company can do this and stay in business? I'm sure the company will not be around much longer. Don't use this company!!!

joant16
4/10/16

Seniors, did you ever try to get Survey Points and find you don't meet the criteria or just plain get bumped off the site due to a technical error. Could it be they are discriminating to older adults, or this a valid action. Makes you wonder!

carlac28
3/24/16

I had been a member for many years, but over the last year the deductions, for no reason (no returns), not getting credited for purchases, even after submitting the for for missing points - yesterday was the last straw - they deducted 798 points for a Best Buy purchase that I never even made. I closed my account. I am finished with it. I feel they get the credit for the purchases, they just don't want to pay out anything - Goodbye!

warrens25
1/27/16

have built points with MyPoints for years and now want to use my points. I log on and the web site recognizes me and says I have X points and then when I try to redeem my points they kick my to a loop that says they don't know who I am and I have to verify my ID when I verify they don't recognize me. OK these things happen. Starting months ago I use their service contact and email them. NO response repeatedly. Today completely fed up I decide to call their service people. Big surprise no phone number!!! These people hide their phone number like a cobra hides it's kill!!!!! So I have a problem and I need to communicate with a human. Simple fact with MyPoints that will be impossible. Avoid this company like the plague, find another shopping portal there are many good ones such as the ones attached to American Airlines and American express.
Tom Sedar
Very Very mad customer of my points.com

jims168
1/15/16

Whatever you do, do not file a complaint to customer service. I did a simple missing points one, and pointed out I was not credited with a survey I did. If anything, you would think MyPoints would want to know the survey company was screwing them out of money since they are paid themselves for our completions. Instead I was told I would be recieving fewer surveys as a result of saying something. It was a warning to not complain again. Then they started changing how points are awarded for videos. You used to get one point for evey video, they had a caption that said "Enjoy Unlimited Videos!" Without warning they capped it at 75, said nothing to customers of course. When we started asking were our points were, they said too many "bad apples" cheating. How do you cheat? You gave free unlimited videos? They are not on endless loops, you have to click each one and watch the entirety! Their facebook page will reveal a customer service that is rude and condenscending to customers as well. The longer I am on the site, the less I enjoy it and the more I go to Swagbucks.

bobb875
1/14/16

anyone else being scammed by not receiving credit for watching videos or buying gift certificates from My Points, or not being allowed to redeem points?

Now you get credit for only about 20 percent of the videos you watch each day. That's why they started the practice of not crediting your account after you watch one until the following day, so you don't know you're not getting credit for most of them.

carolynp20
1/8/16

I've held off on writing a review because I wanted to be fair and give it a bit more time. I've been at it for 4 months now and have to admit that this is one frustrating site.
Whenever I attempt to answer a survey, more often than not I am disqualified. I keep getting the same qualifying questions and keep getting rejected. Good thing I have a pretty good self esteem...:)
I sometimes spend 10-15 min. answering questions only to find out I'm not qualified. That happens ALOT.
The videos are sometimes fun/interesting to watch, however. Hey, you get a point for each one you view.
In general....I'm getting sick of this site and find there are better ways to waste my time.
Their customer service is pretty bad,too.

Tip for consumers: You better be patient and have lots of time on your hands.

tinad43
12/15/15

I have been with MyPoints for almost 15 years and until now I really liked them. I ordered a gift card last year and didn't receive it. E-mailed member services and they gave me my points back. So I ordered another one and got that one. This year I ordered one and again didn't get it. Strange I know especially since they all were coming to the same address. Told member services and the agent pretty much said too bad for you! And her response button was on loop saying over and over that I must have a problem getting my mail. Been in my house for 5 yrs and had no problems with my gift card before. So now I'm not to sure about MyPoints.

sharonv6
11/23/15

Unlimited videos...Great. Suddenly sonetime today they put at Stop to this. NOW you MUST INSTALL FLASH or You cant watch videos!!!!! If u have a MOBILE PH you WONT BE ALLOWED to watch vids!!! Every other earning place you can.
Oh when they had buy a product and fax copy of purchase...that craps gone now to! Now u gotta take a photo (no problem), except now u gotta upload, connect ti comp and do 20 others steps, then wait forever & hope u get credit.
Way too much hassle. No fun anymore at all

pamelab37
11/15/15

How can you get this company to answer their phones or return your calls? They stated my dob is incorrect I scan and forward my driver licenses over a month ago, my account still locked and I can't get no response via email nor phone calls.

jessicas94
11/1/15

MyPoints is one of those sites that started off great years ago, then lost its way and is useless for a member. I became a member of MyPoints via my sister (yes 9 years ago) and when MyPoints first started it was great. Points for purchases, reading emails, surveys, etc.

However, as the years went by The Bad and Ugly came

Points for purchases are not added or such a hassle with faxing/emailing I never bought anything through them again.

Points for purchases are BETTER at OTHER websites.

Emails dropped from 10 to 5 points (less than a penny). Use to be a couple everyday, now only a few a week.

Surveys offered are better attempted/taken at another website.

Rewards went up to almost double

Various Gift Cards Available minimum is $10 and need about 1650-1750 points depending on which is selected.

MyPoints recently added unlimited videos via pc/tablet, limited to 10 via mobile device. However, they are having a hard time crediting and keeping up with that.

MyPoints started Swappable an app to buy a "discounted" gift card and receive points for doing so. EPIC FAIL buy a $50 card get $1 "cash back" and then pay $1 shipping and handling lol where is the "discount"?? I can get a real discount at Monster, Cardpool or Gyft

Customer Service? There isn't any.

The Good:

Redeeming for an EGift Card is super quick (like instant)

Bottom Line: I am not bashing MyPoints, just keeping it real, NOT WORTH IT

Here are 2 screenshots of emails I received from MyPoints (2014 and 2015), Last year, in their defense after posted about "less than a penny for 8 years" I received some points which equated to about $5.

9 years and finally done. I've only stayed because of my GSN account. MyPoints gets a kickback and I get points while playing at GSN. I hope to transfer my account. If not, I will have to give that up too.

Update 11/27: I cannot switch my GSN. I have to make ANOTHER account @GSN, yes its "against their rules" However, if I no long have any ties to a company that company should not reap a forever benefit, especially MyPoints :)

Other Reviews: There is NO ONE who will speak to you via telephone. Terrible English comprehension in email (or they just play stupid? idk smh)

I predict MyPoints will be a ghost on the web in about 2 years ( I will be back to update :)

Update 2/13/16: MyPoints video watching has been reduced to 10 per day from their "unlimited viewing". This site is on life support and I still cannot wait until they fully shut down.

Tip for consumers: Don't make purchases thru MyPoints
Don't bother with their 5 cent Surveys

kst1
10/5/15

Like so many others, I have been a long time member and enjoyed the benefits, but they've changed it a lot making it more difficult now to earn points. I've noticed several big merchants no longer partnership with them. What's really gotten bad is their customer service; it literally sucks. Trying to verify missing points via their procedure is a real nightmare, and don't even try to contact customer service because they'll just direct you back to the confusing process in submitting a claim. I lost out on several Kohl's purchases even though Kohl's confirmed my purchases. Irene L. was the rep I spoke with at MyPoints and she was the most unprofessional person I've ever dealt with. She was great at excuses and passing the buck, but when I asked to speak with a manager or another management person over her, she said 'I am the manager.' No offer to speak with anyone over her, or an email to contact them. Rather frustrating. I'd recommend any one considering a points reward program to look at www. upromise.com; they even allow points to build up towards college for any of your children or grandchildren. I'm not using MyPoints any more; like so many other great services they reel you in at first and then take away in the end.

scottb68
8/10/15

When I first discover this website, I was thrilled. I could go through their website to other websites and purchase items and earn points. I have been a member for a long time and have been very satisfied. But that has changed. Not to long ago Mypoints updated their website and gave it a new look. They did away with some of their old features that I enjoyed. One of them for example - there was a history of every website visited, but no longer. Only a history of sites visited when a purchase was made. However if you didn't receive your points from a purchase, there was no way to go back to your history to dispute your missing points from the site you made your purchase at because it didn't show up in the history. Since the website update, I have made at least 3 different purchases that would have earned me a great deal of points. I have not received any points for those purchases as of yet. Mypoints just keep telling me the same old story - to go to my account statement - my activity - shopping (I already now that, I have been with them along time). I don't have time to go and dispute my purchases every time I am missing my points. It's a waste of my time to go back and hunt down the date of my purchase a month ago. I happen to stubble onto a blog and read from this person who used to work for Mypoints. They had recently laid off a number of their staff members. Because of the down sizing, the staff and work environment has been strained . So that could explain what I am experiencing. I am very disappointed with new website changes and Mypoints and will most likely end my relationship with them. I hope I can find another website like Mypoints how I remember them the way they used to be.

kellyj29
7/20/15

I get tired of going for a survey, answering a bunch of "qualifying questions" getting a "congratulations" message, answering several more questions and then being told that I don't match the profile! I have at times spent 10-15 minutes going through questions after "qualifying" and then being kicked out for not qualifying! When I write to ask why I get to start the survey, finish part of it, then get kicked out~the tell me I will get 10 points for being kicked out. The question is if I do 30-40 or 50 percent of a survey how do I get kicked out? If I got to the last 2 questions and answered one wrong they would boot me and tell me I get 10 points? If there are 50 questions are each one of them "qualifying" questions? and if you answer anyone of them "wrong" your out? doesn't that skew the survey terribly? are just looking for a very specific set of answers to suit the needs of the product?

pamelaa10
7/12/15

I've been a member for 8 years and this site is great for accumulating points from playing games for money on WorldWinner, but MyPoints needs to get out of the survey hosting business. They state that you will receive 10 pts if you attempt a survey but are deemed 'not qualified'. The Ipsos surveys they host will drop you (not unexpected) on a page that states "Thank you for your interest in participating in this survey. " but NOT redirect you back to MyPoints for the 10 pt credit. I have complained several times about this issue. What I get are replies stating they are not responsible for 3rd party surveys, no credit is made when surveys are 'not available', that points get credited even without a redirect and I just need to refresh my page...etc, etc. So do not believe you will see that 10 pt credit as promised.

kailab
4/13/15

Mypoints use to be a really neat place get reward points for stuff u buy anyways it was a no brainier and easy to use since they changed the web site and emails I can't get into my account I have no idea how many points I've got its very frustrating honestly if its a waste of time since there change and very hard to use now very disappointed in the changes and I personally will not use mypoints anymore unless they change it back to the way it was

jessical66
2/21/15

Super cool site, Have gotten a few free gift cards already.

julieh42
10/30/14

Now, not only can I not download your surveys easy enough, I no longer get 10 points for trying. So, I'm just deleting them as they appear. Just another chance to gain points down the drain.....

eda20
10/9/14

I've been a member for many years, and have actually accumulated over a 1/2 million points since then. My last 2 transactions had some issues so I needed to contact their Customer Service dept. by email. FORGET IT!!! These people don't even have the courtesy to respond to the emails!!! They finally resolved 1 issue, but the only way I found out was when I saw my points returned to my account... no email.. no explanation! I have currently tried to contact them several times about issue #2, but it's like they intentionally ignore me!!! It's not a bad site, but I hope you never have to deal with the Customer Service Dept... you will become very frustrated with them... like I am!

melaniem7
9/27/13

When I remember to click through this site for items I am already getting (like on Wal-Mart.com) I earn lots of points fast. I have been a member on here since they started many years ago, and get a gift card every 6 months or so, usually for food or a general shopping store like Target. It is handy to use them for stocking stuffers or "forgotten" birthday presents for co-workers. I almost never take advantage of the offers but do get the click-through points which add up SLOWLY but surely. I have never had a bad experience with customer service & have never had points disappear or gift cards not show up.

terrih5
9/20/13

Was a member for 5 years did alot of redemptions received many gift cards. My daughters family an sons family with both living with us for awhile everyone used my computer an both my daughterdsand myself had accounts. They cancelled all 3 accounts stating that we must send copies of our drivers licenses to them to reactivate our accounts. I was not about to do that ....I had just redeemed 8000 points when they cancelled us and I never got the card.

Terri

robinj10
7/7/13

I love this site. It takes a long time to accumulate points if you just click and read emails, but it's worth it, as I have to go into my email account anyway. I don't take the surveys, as they are too time consuming. But I do a lot of shopping through them at stores where I normally shop. I have gotten MANY cards from them over the few years I've been with them, and they arrive quickly. Highly recommended.

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the MyPoints staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question