Review of MyPoints

50 California St Fl 3
San Francisco, CA 94111-4632

danad61
12/6/17

It started fine redeemed one five dollar gift card got it fine. Purchased things redeemed 50$ on gift cards for CHRISTMAS and they are screwing me around me I email them every damn day no response I'm so mad they are lucky I can't call them!!!!!don't waste your time!!!!

mariec131
12/4/17

Lots of ways to earn points but you really need a lot for a payout. Daily access but it takes a couple months to earn. If you are going to do surveys, I would recommend this one

garyk79
10/20/17

Halfway thru two surveys the survey locked up and wouldn't recover just locked up and i couldn't even finish the surveys. So i quit taking the surveys here. Don't know if someone else had this problem but i wasted over half an hour doing these two surveys and was very disappointed.

purchassetp
10/16/17

My understanding of this relationship was that I would help them by taking surveys and such and in turn they promised a small reward. I signed up and took hours and hours of surveys. I thought about redeeming my points for a reward but I thought I would wait until I reached the next tier for a better reward. When I finally reached that tier I redeemed the points I had earned. I received an email saying the reward was being processed. I was excited. The time I spent on this was finally paying off.
I waited a few weeks and never received another email about the reward. I recently noticed that I hadnt received any emails from them. So, I tried to log into my account. The site now tells me that my account has been deactivated. I searched for MyPoints Scam online and found this site. It looks like this is a recurring issue with them. It appears that they don't live up to their end of the bargain.
I had initially marked only "one" star on this review. However, after thinking about this I have changed it to five stars, and here's my reasoning...
I honest feel pretty mad...like I've been robbed of my knowledge and experiences that they took from me via these surveys. However, some companies out there have partnered with MyPoints and are paying for the information the members have given. MyPoints is obviously in the wrong here, but they dont seem to see what theyre doing to themselves. Theyre creating their own class action lawsuit against themselves.

Tip for consumers: They're not too smart.

sams415
10/7/17

Been using mypoints for years. Earlier this year flagged my account for survey's being falsified,.,. which was very strange. And suddenly account locked out for no reason. Used to be able to do surveys and searches and slowly get points and redeem. Recently the whole site is going to seed. Trying customer service again and hoping they can fix it.

Tip for consumers: Do not use anymore. Until mid 2017 was a great site.

toddd32
9/28/17

I joined Mypoints to get paid for my opinions and try new products etc. My dealings with Mypoints has been bad. On surveys asking me my opinon and when I am letting them know what electronic devices I have at home it has told me I am not being honest. This is crazy because I know what is in my home and I know what my opinion is. I just think they got the information they needed from me and did not want to pay me. The Survey section of my points is a scam

mikel356
9/6/17

The website is very nice, and I was able to do most surveys. I complete the surveys honestly because I find it valuable that if a company is asking for information that I provide it truthfully. I did enjoy taking some of the surveys.

I am skeptical of these websites, so I did enough surveys to redeem for an Amazon e-gift card at the lowest points required. I received an e-mail from MyPoints congratulating me and saying that it was being processed; it did not say how long it would take.

I waited about 3 weeks. I went to login to MyMpoints but received a message saying that my account is deactivated. I received no notice that it was deactivated prior. I did not receive points.

Also to United Airlines for recommending this site, I am less likely to fly this airline, which also likes to be deceptive.

So congratulations to MyPoints and United for upsetting people.

Tip for consumers: Unfortunately this site is not reliable for getting things it says you are owed. Do not use it.

jasminev11
8/25/17

Yes, it's true. Mypoints used to be good WAY back in the days. I no longer purchase things through this site (I use ebates now) but I DO click on the email and such to earn points. So I tried to redeem a $15 Amazon gift card and they want my drivers license. It's so dumb!
And omg, their site is also terrible. I would log in with the CORRECT password and then it wouldn't log in. I have to change my damn password again...it logs in, but when I go to the redemption tab, I have to log in AGAIN and it doesn't take my password! That site is shady!

dianaw63
8/18/17

I do a paid for surveys site and I make around $300 a month. It wont make you rich but it covers my electric and water bill. Its really not hard. Check it out:- OW.LY/YVHsA

rachelw108
8/16/17

I've been a member for 13 years. The site used to be great until late 2016. That's when I noticed my points were not applying to my account for purchases I made through the site. I've submitted over 16 separate inquiries and this is what they had to say: "We apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced. Please understand that we do not receive any sort of compensation for providing manual credit for offers not tracked by our system. Nor are we able to retroactively receive credit even if proof is provided. We provide this credit as a courtesy in good faith.

If you wish to continue using your account, please ensure that you are completing the following:

-Refrain from using any third party software that may block your tracking cookies.
-Offer is completed without delay as the merchants will track you as being from our site for only a short time (usually it tracks as long as you do not close the browser window or navigate away from that merchant's web site.)
-The same information on your Special Offers as your account (ex. Name, Email, and Mailing Address). Please click the offer link before you complete the offer.
-Make sure you do not have have other tabs or windows open at the time of your transaction.
-Refrain from using any additional coupon codes as coupon codes from other sites may disrupt our tracking or be rejected by the merchant

We apologize, but we will no longer be able to credit your account through submitted tickets. If you encounter further crediting issues with your account, we would be unable to assist you with credit."
They change the rules every time I submit an inquiry. Never once, nor anywhere on the site, does it state that you have to make a purchase quickly after clicking through the site. I am out of approximately 12,500 points and have shown proof of purchases.Just use sites like e-miles, Rebates and travel sites. MyPoints is no longer worth it.

michellea135
8/1/17

I miss getting 10 points if I don't qualify for a survey, especially when I spend quite a while trying to do it only to get a response telling me I don't qualify. It's really annoying and unfair. Sometimes I believe that my surveys take advantage of the information I provide when I spend time doing them without giving us the points we deserve to do them. Several times I've gone through an entire survey, then some technical clich would happen and didn't get any of the points I deserved. These problems have discouraged me from doing them again. I don't want to waste my time and honest, thoughtful responses and not get anything for them.

patriciad119
7/29/17

I tried to redeem for an Amazon e-gift card and have not received an email from company with redemption code. I have tried to contact company 4 times via email and haven't received a response. I have been a long time user of MyPoints, but something has changed and it is not worth it anymore. Time for MyPoints to step up because the endless emails is not worth it!

michaelb559
7/29/17

annew76
7/14/17

Nothing happened when I won a 25.OO reward at bidland & no one ever could be reached on-line nor notified me that it was or could not be sent!

elizas12
7/7/17

I don't the lack of efficiency the surveys have. For example I keep getting screens that will say, "Congrats you qualify for our survey! Please proceed." So I do proceed and the very next screen says, "Sorry this wasn't a match blah blah". That is BEYOND frustrating when 90% of the surveys I try to take say that immediately after I do qualify!!!!!! There were even times when I was 10-15 minutes into a survey, answering legit questions about electronics that I own and use when suddenly it dropped me out saying I didn't qualify even though I was told in the very beginning that I did. And no... I wasn't speeding through answering willy-nilly without reading their trick questions. *SIGH* I'll just scrape together what points I have earned and not come back because this is wasting my time.

devshikhab
7/1/17

Many a time this site has cheated me of my rewards/points...It has made me watch19 out of the 20 videos (total needed to win the points) and right at the end of the playlist comes a video which "has been removed". This means I cannot watch the 20th video needed to earn the points. But it has cleverly made me watch 19 of the vids!!! This has happened a few times. So this site is a WASTE of time !! Do not use this!

Tip for consumers: Never use this site...it makes you watch videos but cleverly deprives you of earning points needed to get the reward cards...a big fraud!

jonih13
6/26/17

Videos mysteriously stop working every week or 2 when you start accumulating points. Customer service is a joke-all they keep saying is they don't own the videos. No help! I think they are cutting off users when they start getting too many points so they don't have to give out rewards!!!

jillm95
6/6/17

I received an email which notified me that I earned an Amazon gift card. I logged in for my code to use to redeem by gift card. I waited and waited and waited, no follow up email arrived. I left messages at their customer service answering machine and I sent them an email, still nothing. I will stop using MyPoints and tell my friends and family to stop using them.

aliciaa34
6/1/17

This site used to be great. It is no longer. I was a member for over ten years. In the beginning it was easy to earn and redeem points. Over time it got more difficult to get the site to apply purchase points. It took up to six months with several "missing points" submissions to get my points.

The worst part was after over ten years of point accumulation they sent me codes for a $500 e-card gift card, which was expired, and they will not reissue the card. Never again!!!

marys492
5/5/17

My Points stinks, You can never get into the games. They are horrible. I cannot say enough bad things about them. In fact they should be shut down by the Better Business bureau. Stay away from these CON ARTISTS,

kam637
4/13/17

I have been locked out of my MyPoints account, I have accumulated over $100 in points and they blocked me from their FB page! They have made sure there is NO way I can contact them! No one answers my emails, calls to their customer service number go no where and they've blocked me from their FB page. They are UNTRUSTWORTHY!

anat179
4/13/17

LIKE other reviews, they stole my gift card of 50 Inever received, when I open a ticket to ask where is the gift card, they send an automatic robot answer asking for a copy of my id and my social number, the second robot answer they asking your cooperation to send them your personal info and your id, if not your account will be deactivated. Suddenly they deactivated my account. No chance to contact any human help or anytelephone number. The just keep your money and your personal information.

Stay away, recommendation: close your account as soon as you have access to your account, so they can not have any personal information in their sistems

julianac9
3/5/17

I can't access my account anymore. They kept all my points. Would file changes instead of giving them 1*

dougr32
2/23/17

I spent money at various stores and accumulated points then tried to redeem for a Walmart gift card. I am still trying for 3 weeks to get my gift card. They first tell you it is being processed...Then I start a customer service ticket after receiving nothing. Now I get an email from compliance department asking for a photocopy of my government issued ID for them to keep on file. I have no idea who these people are and certainly don't want them having a copy of my ID. You accumlate points then they make you jump through all kinds of hoops if you try and redeem them. I wish I knew this going in. The time it takes to get a lousy $25 Walmrt gift card is not worth it at all. Don't waste your time on MyPoints.. There are a.lot of other companies doing the same exact thing out there

jonasc27
2/19/17

Very poor site. Surveys cut you off after spending 20 minutes saying they are full. You watch movies for 20 minutes and get 2 points, big whoop. -- Not worth the time!!!!!

You RUN! RUN FOR THE HILLS! Close your account and RUN! And then, file a complaint with the BBB. They are now under the parent company "Prodege" which is also SwagBucks. Both are horribly run companies now!

By Judy M.

you don't, they won't answer or take your calls nor will they return any messages.

By Judy M.

I've never received them...???

By KS T.
Questions? Get answers from the MyPoints staff and other customers.

MyPoints?