Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

75%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

magaritac
3/29/17

muy buena atencion, las entregas garantizadas al 100% se puede demorar pero te llegan en buen estado y te dan el seguimiento.

tedw24
3/29/17

take heed.. do not be one of those people that read this review and makes a purchase anyway.. they will con you every step.. I have been given multiple reasons my item has not arrived and why no refund.. I am in paypal resolution now..

jacquil4
3/29/17

I am very worried i spent 989. on this site and i am trying to get a refund as all the items are out of stock . i am going back and forwards on their bloody tickets system, for days getting no response... now they saying they will cancel the order and it will take 2 days to show on the credit on their site then you have to draw down which can take 4 to 5 days . this has been going on over a week alreay. now i read these reviews....

matts145
3/29/17

Delivery turned up on time. No worries. I was a little worried about swapping it over by myself but didn't have any troubles in the end. It's only been a few weeks but it seems to be working fine. Also read a few bad reviews that worried me but I had not issues.

karenm320
3/28/17

I'd give them a big fat ZERO..they are scam artists...they play dumb but sure know how to steal your money...don't believe anything good about this site...shame on them!...

carmenc49
3/28/17

I order a tiara for my kid sweetb16 paid for xtra shipping n it said its in the bronx so we happy, guess what? 3 days later party date comes n no tiara. And still no tiara, she was told if in 15 days it dosent come we loose our money, no refund or replace. I had order b4 with no problem but its my last time ordering.

carolyng47
3/27/17

OH! Before anyone place an order using PAY PAL TO PLACE AN ORDER FROM LIGHTINTHEBOX... please use them with caution!!!! PAYPAL WILL NOT FOLLOW THROUGH ON THERE PROMISE OR THERE POLICY WITH ASSISTING YOU AS A VALUED CUSTOMER WITH YOUR RETURNS NO MATTER WHAT PROOF/PICTURES YOU PROVIDE THEM WITH IN ORDER TO RECEIVE YOUR EARNED MONEY BACK. PAYPAL ESCALATIONS DEPARTMENT WILL ACTUALLY HAVE THE AUDACITY TO LIE TO CUSTOMERS AND TELL THEM THAT THEY WILL CONTACT THE MERCHANT LIGHTINTHEBOX FOR YOU AND TELL THEM TO SEND YOU A RETURN LABEL WITHIN 24 HRS. I MUST ALSO ADVISED THIS MERCHANT LIGHTINTHEBOX WILL SEND THE ALREADY USED TANGLED WIG WHICH DOESN'T LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE PICTURE ADVERTISED ON THERE SITE IN DIRTY PACKAGING AND EXPECT YOU TO KEEP IT AND PAY FOR IT. ALSO THEY WILL TAKE THERE TIME TO SHIP IT 11 DAYS LATER WHEN YOU COMPLAIN TO PAYPAL ABOUT ORDER YOU'VE ORDER WEEKS PRIOR. ALSO WHEN YOU TRY TO CONTACT THEM BY PHONE AND EMAIL ADDRESS THEY PROVIDE ON THERE SITE...IT COMES BACK AS NOT AVAILABLE/DISCONNECT AND FOR THE EMAIL COMES BACK AS ERROR MESSAGE. I guess PayPal was having trouble getting in contact with LIGHTINTHEBOX too so they have decided to close my case in the numerous emails I sent them. PayPal will not protect the VALUED CUSTOMER. THEY WILL PROTECT THE MERCHANT ANY DAY OVER MOST CUSTOMERS THAT USE THEM AND THEY WILL NOT KEEP THERE PROMISED AS THEY ADVERTISE...THEY WILL MAKE THE RETURN PROCESS SIMPLE AND WORK ON YOUR BEHALF. PAY PAL IS AN DECEITFUL BUSINESS THAT CUSTOMERS/CONSUMERS TRUST TO HELP THEM WITH ISSUES WITH ANY MERCHANT BUT THE DON'T..ALMOST 3 MONTH LATER I AM STILL WAITING FOR MY REFUND OF $50.42 AS PAYPAL ESCALATION DEPARTMENT PROMISED TO REFUND ME IF THEY DID NOT RECEIVE AN REPLY WITHIN 24 HOURS FROM THE MERCHANT IN ESCALATION DEPARTMENT. I WILL RETAIN A LAWYER NOW BECAUSE ITS ABOUT THE PRINCIPAL AND I DON'T WANT ANY OTHER CONSUMER TO EXPERIENCE THE AWFUL SERVICE I'VE EXPERIENCE FROM LIGHTINTHEBOX AND PAYPAL.

denouell
3/27/17

Horrible quality, all was such a same from my order, terrible material, extrem bad work, very expensive shipment and douche fees! No customers service! The worse company ever! RUN AWAY! DO NOT ORDER! SUCH A SAME!
We should complain to high authorities to shut down that Chinese company, it is such a drama for customers! NEVER AGAIN

simonev10
3/25/17

Don't order from this company! They took payment of my order but never issued a email stating when I would receive the order or any other information. I checked on my account on their website, but there was no record on my account even though they had taken payment. Luckily I paid via Pay pal, so I logged on there and contacted Lightinthebox that way. I received an email stating I could check the status of my order and they provided a link. When I clicked on this link it sent me to a page stating I could win a trip to Disney land if I called a number! I then commenced a claim through paypal. I would never buy from this company again.

brittk1
3/25/17

As I am reading these reviews because I too like EVERYONE else ordered a dress with expedited shipping on March 11th. The website tracker says the estimated shipping date is the 26th.. that is a Sunday and 2 weeks after the purchase even when the site stated this particular dress ships within 24 hours. They have "had" my money this whole time. I assumed by the website's reviews that it would be ok to order from but I am realizing this could have been a big mistake.. my recommendation is to not order from this site if you are looking for something for an event as it could easily be ruined by the stress of the situation this website will put you in.

lillyt6
3/25/17

Their expedited shipping is a not fast at all, very deceptive website, terrible customer service, any customer thinking of buying should run the other way. It should also be posted on social media how terrible this company is and how much they lie about shipping payments and refunds. Do not EVER buy anything from this company!

grahamh39
3/24/17

I purchased a set of three pictures from this company. They are mounted together and should line up, which they didn't. I sent proof of the issue and they said I had to return them to China at my own cost which is just wrong as I had done nothing wrong. In the end I had to pay for the picture that was faulty to be remounted at A$50, they even refused to pay that. This is a company that doesn't care about its customers. Don't risk buying from them, I never will again please don't get caught like me.

lenas19
3/23/17

It first and last time that I ordered here
I Waited for my items more then 2 months instead of 5 days and I didn't get them yet..!

jenniferd176
3/23/17

I ordered a pair of shoes on Feb. 23rd and tracking said it was shipped on Feb. 24th. I have no shoes and it's March 23rd?? I had to contact via email support and open a ticket and they just said it was not shipped due to customs issue. So if that is the case why didn't someone tell me or refund my money? They closed my last ticket on March 12th and said the logistics team will contact me....well they have not done so!

mishag3
3/23/17

I ordered nail supplies on 2/17/17 and paid additional for it to be expedited within 5-8 DAYS and the ability to track your order. The order was split in 3. One can't be found. The other two shows Hong Kong since 2/21/17 it is now 3/23/17. I am constantly opening trouble tickets they close them all stating they are duplicates, but with no valuable resolution. The last response says if no package after 3/21/17 they will fully refund me. Well it has come and gone and their response is it will be here by 10/4/17. I believe this company is a scam. Please don't order from them.

They responded back saying false review. I cant add screenshots but i can copy n paste.
Date 2017-03-03 12:17:54
Subject Package Not Received

Additional Information

I paid to have my order expedited. It has been well over 5-8 days. Please refund me back my shipping cost. I still have not received my orders..
From Customer Service
Date 2017-03-23 07:26:00
Subject Package Not Received

Additional Information

Dear Customer, We apologize for your waiting time and truly understand your feelings. Courier company confirms the packageы will be delivered to you any day by 10.04.2017. We have requested courier company to prioritize your shipment and would really appreciate your patience for it. Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. Please feel free to contact us if you would have any further questions. Sincerely, Tatevik LightInTheBox Customer Service

This has been going on since 02-17-2017. I want my money back! ! A full refund including that fraudulent expedited shipping charge.

kevf
3/23/17

Ordered a pack of 5 led bulbs worth £18.50, took longer than informed to arrive, had to chase them up beofre they despatched. When arrived 2 of the bulbs were faulty. LITB want me to pay return postage of £8.50 tracked to send goods back to Poland before they refund. I have offered to return goods if they pay for postage prior to sending. Customer services never answer a question directly just keep giving the same old waffle no matter what you ask.

Cheap goods guess you get what you pay for

charless178
3/23/17

This company is dishonest and will not listen to customers. I have been trying to get my money back and they refuse based on dishonest advertising. Here is what they did to me:

My future wife purchased some wedding stuff on Feb 26th. I should have known right then and there this company was crooked when the bank shut her CC off due to security reports. Since she could not pay for the items I used my CC and purchased the items. We purchase all the items because they said on the site 5-8 days delivery.

Well that was a lie it took weeks just to process before shipping. On march 10th 7 whole days before they said it would be ready to ship. I started looking at rip off websites and reading horror stories about this company. They have been ripping people off for years.

So fearing for my purchase and running out to time to buy a wedding dress and stuff I cancelled the order, they told me in a ticket system( because there is no one to call or speak to about anything) that I would have to pay 50% return fees because the dress was custom made and had already been made.

Days went by and the tickets came back saying we are still shipping even though I specifically asked for my order to be cancelled.

LightInTheBox Customer Service
March 10, 2017 05:23 AM From: charles smith
I have cancelled this order due to the fact that you advertise you ship in 5-8 days , but neglect to let consumers know that processing is 2 weeks as well.
It is kind of disheartening that you do not actually let consumers know the actual time frame it takes. This is kind of bait and switch tactics. PLease let me know when my refund has been processed.
Charles

They gave me the run around and shipped the package anyways DHL. So I called DHL and refused the package. Their response to my refund is that they shipped it so no refund.

This is a very crooked shady dishonest company that runs out of China and has no real ties to the USA so stay away don't buy anything!!! Don't be a Victim!!

Charles

Response from dishonest supervisor:

From: Customer service
Dear Customer

This is Pinni, supervisor from Lightinthebox. I would like to help.

First please be understand it is a made to order dress, i also made a screenshot for you so you can see the tailoring time and made to order notification is clearly stated on product page:

Due to the custom nature of the dress, as per the cancellation policy:

Orders cancelled after production begins may be cancelled, but you will be responsible for 50% of the product price.
Made-To-Order products that have already been shipped can not be cancelled.

So your order was both shipped and arrived USA within the time frame as we stated online.

In this case, we are sorry we will not accept the return on this order.

From the feedback of DHL, this package will be hold till 2nd April. so we do recommend you to keep get the package.
Or the package will be destroyed.

If you would like to keep the dress and the order and remove the review from sitejabber, as a good guesture, i would like to offer a 30% off discount on this purchase.

To remove the review is not a must, but it is based on the agreements on both sides.

Wish you will have a good day.

Sincerely
Pinni

Pinni,

I asked for the order to be cancelled well before it was shipped. I understand you keep 50 % of the dress cost , but I want the rest of my money back. I don't understand how I have explained this over and over again and yet you continue to not offer my money back.

I will remove the review when I receive my money back and only then, plus I will continue to go to consumer sites and review your company over and over again explaining what a crooked company you are and how consumers should avoid your site and your practices.

In other words keep 50 % of the cost of dress since it was custom made. But return my money for all other items that were not custom made and since I asked for the order to be cancelled a week before you shipped it. I want my shipping back as well.

Roughly about $150 USD.

It's fairly simple refund my money I cancelled the order on march 10th. You shipped March 17th. It is your companies fault not mine.

"Given that more than 24 hours have elapsed since we received and confirmed your payment, we can only issue you a partial refund consisting of the full shipping cost and 50% of the product price". This is what they wrote and still shipped my order like they crooks they are.

elizabeths195
3/22/17

I ordered shoes for my grandaughter and here is the info I understood and what I was led to believe from " their information" as you can see:
March 10, 2017 4 - 8 business days Postal Expedited
It is now March 23rd and there is no tracking information. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! I am going to report them to every site I can think of that will give consumers information on companies that lie to the consumers who wait for their products. I wish I had looked them up before ordering because it looks like this is a problem for them!

soniac29
3/22/17

to small if you measure you self and said that you Medium please order large but the shirt is
beautiful and very good quality.

natep6
3/21/17

I purchased a men's PLUS size jacket from light in the box and had the following problems:
1) I paid and extra $10 for expedited 3 DAY delivery. My package showed up 14 days later
2) the jacket was so small it wouldn't have fit a plus size Chinese pygmy (was supposed to Mens Plus size)
3) when I contacted them to get my money refunded and a return label they would not honor it. they said they would refund the $10 but I would have to pay for the return, that they only returned items that were made wrong

louisem62
3/21/17

Ordered 2 items (separately) and paided postage both came a month later way too big.
One isn't even showing in my orders and no paperwork what so ever.
This company should be shut down.
Stay well clear as the returns is a joke too.
Will never use this company again.

Not even saying the proper price which jacket actually costed me they will refund after they have checked it over.

Joke joke joke

autumnc8
3/21/17

My son and I ordered a pair of play night vision goggles on March 15th. We were given an order # after completing the transaction using my pay pal account. I checked my pay pal and light in the box too $10.56 out of my account. I went on their site to check my order and it is saying I have no orders. Since I have no orders I can not contact anyone regarding my purchase. So you took $10 from a 10 year old boy. He worked very hard for his money (shoveling snow) and no his siblings are getting their online orders and he has nothing to show. Great job! You should be ASHAMED!

daniels266
3/20/17

1) After you order from the store, you'll start receiving up to 5 newsletters from them a day and no way to unsubscribe. Not even after contacting customer support, which is horrible btw. Can't even contact the support if you haven't ordered.

2) EDIT: This was about long delivery time but this was due to selecting the cheapest delivery method. They actually did deliver in just under a month from placing an order.

3) Products shipped are of subpar quality. Out of the box the clothes seams started unraveling, which we had to fix ourselves to prevent the clothes from breaking.

4) The site kinda deceives you into seeming that it is a company that operates in your country, while in reality they operate and ship from China. So you'll have to deal with customs and the delays that come with importing products from afar.

Will not order from the store ever again. Neither should you.

Tip for consumers: Buy somewhere else. Avoid this site like a plague.

costac
3/20/17

This site should not be allowed to sell. I ordered and payed for two dresses and also for the delivery. They said the items will arrive in 5-8 days. They took the money and after 7 days they said one of the items is out of stock. They put it's value on the credit. It took me some time to figure out how to transfer this credit back to my account. I payed on 26.02.2017. Now it's 21.03.2017 and nothing. The second item never arrived. Please take care and don't buy from them. Utterly rubbish!!!

ollieh26
3/18/17

I ordered a pair of red low heel shoes size 8, when I got them they were too small and fit my sister size 7 foot. So I ordered another pair of RED shoes, size bigger, they send me a black pair. I'm very disappointed. Was looking at another pair rounded toe, but with the money exchange and duty, a pricey pair of shoes. I'm done ordering from light in the box. Please be careful.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

344 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question