Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

China Wholesale, Clothing, Wholesale Clothing
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

tinig
6/24/17

Stay away from this site. If I could 0 stars I would. They take your money and then don't ship your order. Queries are not answered. This is a fraud. I have order more than three weeks ago and the order has not been shipped yet. They keep saying that it would ship within 24 hours but nothing happens. I have tried to cancel my order several times but they just don't reply to your tickets. I paid more than 25 for express delivery and just have taken my money. YOU WILL NEVER SEE YOUR MONEY AGAIN. DON'T SHOP HERE!!! THEY ARE NOTHING MORE THAN THIEVES.

lisak161
6/23/17

Ordered bridesmaid dresses and paid for expediated delivery. Took ages to arrive and came after the wedding! Have tried to return them and written many tickets or get ignored. £200 of dresses and they have offered me £50 credit to spend on their site. Awful, Awful, Awful. I will be contacting trading standards. They need to change the way they operate as so many people saying the same thing and I will not stop hassling them till I get a full refund!!!!

susank142
6/23/17

Bought a cycling top described as thermal. It arrived after about three weeks. Not a thermal top! Was therefore useless. Advised Light in the Box who wanted me to return at my expense from Australia to China. Too costly so I had to keep the top. The first time I went to wear it, I undid the front zipper but could not rezip up. The zip is faulty. Light in the Box refuses to accept my advice despite two attempts to get another ticket issued about the faulty product. Will never use again. I want a refund.

sarat66
6/21/17
• Updated review

I am being told that actions are being taken to resolve my issue. I will post more when it has been officially resolved. I am much happier with the customer service, now that I am getting the attention I was expecting. I am happy with the level of service that Pinni has been providing. Hopefully, more customers will be able to get good results.

“Making progress!”
• Previous review

I will be able to change my rating to something better if what I am being told by a supervisor actually happens. After writing a review on this website, I actually heard from a supervisor at the website. They looked into my issue and have told me that I will have the resolution I am looking for right away. I will be very happy if I can get this resolved. If the customer service improves with this resolution, I will happily be a repeat customer, knowing that the arrival of a shipment will take a long time. I will not be paying for expedited shipping.

“Stay away!! If you have an issue, no one will help you.”
• Previous review

Customer service is terrible. I escalated my issue to a "supervisor" and they refused to help me. My issue was that I ordered an item and paid extra to have it expedited for 2 to 3 day shipping. 12 days later, they attempted delivery, but required a signature, but I was not home. On the 13th day, my kids answered the door, thinking a friend was knocking. The delivery guy allowed them to sign for it. At that point I was planning to refuse the package because I want a refund. Still no help from customer service.

Tip for consumers: Shipping takes much longer than advertised. Do not pay for expedited shipping because it is not worth your time or money. They send everything at their own pace and leisure. Customer service will ignore you and block your review on the product so that others will not see anything negative.

catherinek30
6/20/17

Why don't you deliver what people order? Just another internet scam! 3-5 days express delivery my ass! It's been 3 months!

karenp161
6/20/17

I order an item on April 16th, 2017, for a July 7th, 2017 wedding. I have made several inquiries as to where the item is and today, June 20th, 2017 have been told that I need to cooperate with their investigation team as to where the item might be.
I was told that items can take up to 60 days to ship even though they originally give a timeline of 20 business days and that the item needs to clear several different customs processes.
I opened 2 complaint tickets on this one and got the same excuses both times.
Definitely never going to purchase from this company again. Thank goodness my purchase was relatively small. I'll be sure to alert PayPal on this one.

klasb
6/16/17

Super slow delivery, with the expensive shipment 13 that should take 4 to 5 days it took nine before they shipped and additional 12 days before it arrived. And since they wrote the value including shipment cost on the package it was additionally 14 in tax. And one of the three items of was the wrong type.

ioannak1
6/15/17

STAY AWAY!Scams!
I received after a long time a ripped dress and they said I would have to pay the expenses to send it back which would be even more that the dress cost.
Horrible!

paula1115
6/15/17

It took 1 day to take my money, 10 days before it was dispatched and 38-40 days to arrive (if it actually does). Still very poor. Will not use again and warn anyone against your company who wants prompt service.

avitala
6/13/17

UPDATE:
I got a message from Tammy who went above and beyond to thoroughly explain their policies (which are confusing when you're used to sites like Amazon). I should be fully reimbursed soon and will update this review again otherwise.

PREVIOUS:

The site did not make clear that it would take between 9 and 14 business days to arrive, since expedited shipping says "2-3 business days". I tried to cancel, since I need the dress for a wedding much sooner than two weeks from now. I received a notification that I would be charged for 50% of the dress AND full shipping costs if I canceled my order since items are "made to order". However, I ordered a small, and if all items were truly made to order, I would have created it custom for the same price to include all my measurements exactly. On top of all that, to be charged the FULL SHIPPING COST when the item has not and will not be shipped is a blatant ripoff! That's an expense they are avoiding entirely, but still demanding I pay for in full. Who knows how this dress will fit, AND I won't even be able to wear it at its intended event. UPDATE: It's actually FIFTEEN business days until expected shipping. This was NOT what was written on the site. And, if it's true that work is only done ON business days: I ordered on a Saturday, but canceled my order on Monday - the first business day since my order. Very disappointed.

almai3
6/12/17

I ordered and got the products in Europe. The shipping time was quite long but that's entirely expected. Unfortunately I paid a lot for delivery and the items are horrible. I ordered about 10 products and not even one was nice. They were all poor and extremely poor quality, sizes not fitting etc. Just awful. I will try to return them but given that the cost for shipping were almost half the cost of the order when the items arrived, I'm not sure it's worth returning. It's definitely not a scam but I recommend against.

lynd533
6/12/17

Hi, just an update on this company based in china. Still have had no refund for goods not received (nearly 4 months now) it is obvious to me they do not tell the truth about anything as they have told me the goods were returned to them as address was wrong or no one in to receive the goods. The address they have is correct as I have checked and it is spot on. Also no card was put through the door to say item was left with neighbor or returned to depot. plus the fact that my property is rarely left with no one in it.
Please DON'T use this company as your money will be taken and they will not send your order it is a complete scam!!!!!!!

marysuew
6/9/17

Over time, my refund has been sent. This review is an update to my earlier one. I received an apology and some kind of credit points from this site. In order to use the credit I have to order double the amount of it. This took so long to resolve and I was misled so many times, that I will not use the credit points. I will not order from this site again, although I do appreciate that they finally responded with my refund. Please use caution and pay attention to what you read about some sites. I know I will in the future.

am9665
6/8/17

This is the worst online store I have ever shopped. I ordered a pair of shoes with expedited delivery cost. It came after a month whereas it said it will reach in 4-14 days. They charged for the expedited delivery.

There was COD of $18.00 when I received it. The quality was no where close to the picture they showed on the site. The leather is cheap so is the sole. I can get 2 of these shoes here in the same price what I spent.

They sent the shoes in bubble wrapped and the toe of one the shoe was damaged as it was not boxed.

I asked them to return, they sent me mail to ship it back to China and did not say that will refund the shipping cost or the COD amount.

It is a rip off, its better to order things from Amazon, where atleast we can return. Or order from Aliexpress who are much more professional.

nidaa
6/8/17

Light in the box does not support their return and refund policy. Be ware of their products sizes and description, most of the time they don't meet the description. If they made a mistake and sent you the wrong size or wrong color, or even damaged item, they won't pay for item's return, and they won't refund you. I have purchased a king size bed but they sent the wrong size. They instructed me to return for refund and they said they will refund the shipping back too, but as they received the return merchandise they replied that they will refund the price of the item not the full amount I paid. Guess what? they didn't refund me anything. I filed a PayPal dispute but unfortunately didn't have the tracking back to provide, and PayPal didn't receive an approval from light in the box for a refund, so they declined my dispute. I went to my bank and disputed the charges. My bank reversed the charges back to my account. That's the only time I heard back from light in the box telling me that they issued a refund, which was a lie. All the time of my claim with PayPal they never responded to my claim. Only when the charges were reversed and PayPal notified me of the bank requesting that only then I heard from light in the box that they issued a refund, which was another lie.

tobyd16
6/7/17

We have email the company on two separate occasion. The first time it said the package would arrive in 11-16 Business days. It was for my son(14). He waited 18 days or so and contacted them. They told him it could take 38-40 days. He then waited about 48 days then contacted them again because he saw according to them that it had arrived at the JFK airport 2 weeks earlier. They then told him it could take up to 60 days we are at 55 days and still nothing. They also told us to contact our local Post office. We contacted them and they said they tracking number is a correct tracking number to track in the US. They told us that is should have an RR or an RE in front of it followed by 6-7 numbers and then 2 more letters. We have nothing like that only the tracking number that came with the order which has 8 numbers. They won't work to track here!!
We will contact the company in another week if we still have heard anything!! Unbelievable!!!

peterg166
6/7/17

The site is in your own language,
No where it says that it should take 40 days delivery.
They say 10 days on the site but then when it have taken 20 days they say it should arrive in 30 more days.
I would recomend Ali Express, and not this fake fraud site.
My kid have been running to the mailbox every day sinse we ordered, and will probably be running a month more.

Tip for consumers: Use Ali Express. its a serios site and have never had any problem with it.

lisan99
6/6/17

I know this is from China, and I have to order several sizes up. Always receive items in a timely manner, surprisingly quickly this time, and have always been very satisified with my purchases. You can't expect the best quality for the price, but with care the items last quite awhile. I do have a bit of a complaint this time - I ordered every item in the largest size they had, and STILL only one item fits. I'm working on losing weight, so I guess the clothes will be my reward when I drop another 15-30 lbs, but I'm quite sad about this, because I was ordering clothing so I can look nice while working on myself. As I said, in the past I've been really happy, and the other clothes I ordered still fit - so I'n not sure (despite looking at the size charts) how these clothes are too tight.

mirandav5
6/5/17

still not received my order and not ketting any answer at all.
real bad service.
my children are wachting for weeks and nothings coming.

brandonh60
6/4/17

I ordered a product form light in the box over a month ago and chose the 3-5 day shipping and still have not received it very unimpressed with this service.

lunag4
6/2/17

Já encomendei várias vezes e o LITB nunca me deixou decepcionada. Simplesmente adorei o serviço. e meu card reader.

thomasf96
6/2/17

After receiving a response from customer service, I am editing my review. While I am still clearly disappointed in the sizing, I will say the customer service is excellent. Customer service supervisor Rebecca has provided an acceptable solution, and done so very quickly. I will say that the quality of the product seems to be quite good. However, if you are going to order from here, make sure you measure yourself very well, and use the sites sizing chart. When I ordered, I must have missed the sizing chart completely.

DO NOT ORDER THIS EVER!!!!! I ORDERED A MEN'S XXL AND GOT WHAT I CAN ONLY ASSUME IS A CHILD'S LARGE. IF I COULD GIVE NEGATIVE STARS, I WOULD GIVE IT A MINUS 10 STARS

eoino5
6/2/17

Ordered 5 spinners as a present for my Nephew on 9th May. Paid for Express delivery but they sent them by regular delivery so only received them today 2nd June.

Opened a ticket with them for a refund. This dispute has now been resolved to my satisfaction.

malavs
6/2/17

I have changed my review based on response of customer service lead, Rebacca, who suggested full refund as the products have still not arrived. Whilst this was agreeable in short term I would have preffered to have the products. I would have also preffered that I was told the products could take up to 2 months to arrive. At least I would have known at the begining what kind of lead time they are offering.

I ordered some bulbs and was told it will take 10-14 business days as they were being sent by postal service rather than secure delivery, however it has now been over 20 business days and still no bulbs!. I wrote to LightInTheBox and asked for refund but no reply. No I am out of pocket and no bulbs! Do not use this company as they are terrible. I have used other Chinese companies and they are very good but these guys are worst!!

tonyad14
6/1/17

This company appears to make money by charging an "expedited" shipping fee and never delivering the product. I ordered a dress with "expedited" shipping to the US. A few weeks later I received an email asking me for an additional payment for shipping specifically through a pay pal account-even though I had already paid for shipping with the order with a credit card that was not PayPal!
I followed the tracking number and called DHL, the delivery company, and they confirmed that the package was picked up at the company and then returned back to the company 3 hours later at the company's request. Whatever was in the package never left China and Lightinthebox sent the following email to me to try to swindle more money and get more information to do whatever they are doing through PayPal, by telling me my address was incorrect and that I would be charged another shipping charge for their mistake. A $25 shipping charge may not sound like much, but it is $170 Yuan in China. Based on all the negative reviews, maybe this is how they make a profit from many people. The customer service and communication do not make sense.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

378 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 12/26/15
on 1/7/16
on 12/15/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

82 Photos for LightInTheBox