Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

camillem26
10/17/17

I am extremely disappointed in this website. I ordered a few things years ago, and I remember them being so helpful when I had a question. That is NOT the case anymore!

I just ordered a costume I need by a certain date. Only after completing the order, did I recieve an "expected ship date", and I realized my order would not get to me in time. I submitted a ticket asking if there is anything I could do to expedite my order. After 24 hours, I recieved a generic response informing me of the ship date...basically a generic response regurgitating the information I already had, and failing to answer my question. I was annoyed at this point, but still had good memories of last time, and some hope that they would help if I tried again. So, I asked again, if there was anything to be done, maybe order a different size if availability was causing the delay?

To test my theory, I went to the item listing and put a different size in my cart, and lo and behold, ship date changed to "within 24 hours". At this point I just reordered the different size, and submitted a ticket to cancel my original order. You think it would be pretty easy for a customer service rep to come across the same information about the availability of different sizes, right?

But no, I recieved a response back stating "changes to your order will cause further delay"! LOL! Pathetic, they didn't even bother checking the other sizes before sending me some scripted nonsense (a whole 24 hours later).

To this I could only reiterate my desire to cancel my order, and inform them that I reordered the item, no thanks to them. And do you know what they said to me??? They responded that I should refer to my other ticket for matters concerning the cancellation of my order!

No, Light in the Box, YOU should be organized enough to know what's going on with my order, including all relevant tickets, and be capable of assisting your customers! If I was a manager there, I would be appalled at such embarrassing negligence.

Needless to say, this will be my last purchase from LiTB. Please take caution before ordering anything, because if you should need customer service for any reason, you are in for a migraine.

dimitrid5
10/17/17

j ai commandé plusieurs fois sur ce site et a chaque fois un problème. j attend toujours une veste que l on doit me renvoyé depuis 1 mois!
je suis vraiment déçu

baijuv
10/16/17

The company sees to be making money in fraud way using COD and saying it as customs fee. Very very poor and irresponsible customer service, they do not respond to the problems immediately and will not respond to any of the problems after the initial response.
I purchased the smartwatch Q7 FINOW for 116 CAD including the insurance for customs, and I have to pay COD of 25.22 Cad to release the item, and it is not customs it is COD, they have again requested the payment by COD, it is a real fraud.
There is no Phone or Chat or Email contact, the contact is only through their website messaging
They sent me the wrong color and the watch is also frozen during the OTA updates.
I contacted the customer service for my COD and they accepted and said the refund will be available in my PayPal account in 3-5 business days, so far I did not get the COD refunded.
Regarding the smartwatch they said they will have to contact the manufacturer to fix the problem and it is 4 days I am still waiting to fix the problem, and regarding return and refund they did not respond so I have taken up the issue with PayPal, and now they are responding through paypal.

panagiotisr1
10/14/17

The worst company ever! After 1 month they sent my package providing an invalid tracking number in the form LT12345678. After 4 days tracking number still not recognized. They reply once once per 24 hours and refuse to even tell me the postal carrier they have used!!!!! I think my 300 euro are probably lost as i have a deadline to receive my package the coming week as promised by the site. for my fiance and her wedding gown... I am scared that ever when i receive this the quality will not match the photos on their website. I am stuck and do not know waht to do as i was promised on time delivery 4-8 working days!!!

cindyn42
10/13/17

I deliberately ordered 2 exact pairs of shoes for my grandchildren and the website decided, unbeknownst to me, that one pair should be a different colour. When I requested return information as there was a 14 day free return policy, I received nothing but useless responses and finally a link to download the return form which DOESN'T WORK!!! I am completely dissatisfied with this company and will never order anything again!

ravenr3
10/12/17

The customer service does not care what problem you had with your order or the billing. There is no phone number posted and when you email them, they send you some generic message showing they did not read your email. If you email them again, they simply just go back and forth saying they found no problem and will not refund.
I cannot do business with a company who operates this way. If you shop at places like ebay, amazon or legitimate online stores, you at least receive any refund that is due for negligence on the companys part.

georges274
10/10/17

I ordered a Bluetooth transmitter in late August so I could transmit wirelessly from my old XM radio into a BT speaker in my pre-BT car. First the LiTB tracking emails were way off, telling me I had received the item a week before it came. The item arrived after 3 weeks, but was missing the male-to-male connector to connect it to the XM radio. I took a photo of the item as it arrived and posted a customer service ticket, requesting the connector. Since then I've had 7 back and forth "dialogs" within their customer service page, all pretty much ignoring my comments and giving me some verbiage in "response" that has nothing to do with my situation. After 5 interchanges on one ticket, LiTB closed my first ticket as if I was somehow miraculously satisfied. I opened another ticket and more of the same. Today, they basically asked me to send the same info from my day 1 ticket, not even noting that they have all the info and photos from early September that tells my story. Two weeks ago I requested the steps to obtain a return and refund. Again, the reply ignored my request and asked again "what part #" is missing. Of course there is no part# but they have all the info they need to send me what I need - maybe another $10 item with all parts included??? I have ZERO expectation that I'll get either the part or a refund. There is no phone number for customer service. Basically, I've donated $10 to the Chinese economy. You should consider if that's your intent before buying from LiTB. I've entered my order number, but LiTB needs to contact me directly (not via their CS page) if they have any hope of raising my satisfaction level. I'd give zero stars if I could.

Update: within 24 hours of the above review, LiTB issued a refund, without requiring a return. I'd still be wary of an outfit without a CS phone#.

urosl
10/10/17

You can find here everything you need and you will get it for the low price and very fast! I very satisfied with the service and prodcts.

tanyab48
10/9/17

I ordered a green glass basin with matching tap.
I recieved blue tap and no basin at all.
Have tried contacting customer support,
NO answer!

angelicad11
10/9/17

Todo lo que hemos comprado nos ha gustado mucho. Llegó todo en excelentes condiciones y muy a tiempo.
Los recomiendo!

jennyz14
10/9/17

I love the dress I ordered from LightInTheBox. I was very worried at first on order a dress online that I've never tried on, I paid extra for the tailor service. When it arrived I was amazed at how well it fitted me and the quality of it. Thanks so much

monicam113
10/8/17

Produtos de qualidade, com bons preços e enviados de forma muito bem acondicionada. Recomendo vivamente!

valeriek25
10/7/17

I loved the first dress I bought. I have an issue with another order I bought but have not received a y reply yet to see if they resolve this issue. Will let you know

rafaela41
10/7/17

Excelente lugar para comprar, fue una gran experiencia, gran variedad de productos, al momento he echo dos pedidos los cuales llegaron sin percance en uno de ellos una prenda se les agoto y me enviaron correo informandome de mi reenvolso sin nungun tramiete por mi parte el cual fue depositado segun lo pactado, me dio gran segurirdad y confianza le recomiendo ampliamente por buenos precios y gran variedad de productos.

gustavop14
10/7/17

Increible excelente pagina 100% recomedable comprar, los productos que compre llegaron muy rapido. Gracias LighIntthebox.com !!!!

cleidimilsonh
10/7/17

Muito legal, gostei do produto e veio em ótimas condições.
Só queria que tivesse sido um pouco mais rápido mas se tiver paciência vale a pena!
Recomendo!

christopherj78
10/7/17

All articles that I ordered from Lightinthebox are both good quality and reasonably priced...EXCEPT the jackets. I have bought probably 6 jackets, hoping to get one that fits and all (max size 2XX) were way too small. I am not a giant, just average large. and NOTHING would fit. I really would like to get a refund for these UNWORN jackets.

teriw12
10/7/17

LightIn TheBox is a great place to shop. I bought these awesome peel off nail tapes and they are the best invention ever! They came quickly and worked perfectly. Thanks LightIn TheBox!

marcelor10
10/7/17

produtos de otima qualidade, agilidade na entrega, facilidade grande no contato com a empresa, recomendo a todos

juant33
10/7/17

Es la primera vez que hago una compra aquí y tuve una excelente experiencia, fácil de hacerlo, excelente precio, buena comunicación, rapidez en el envío, bien empacado y buen producto

Recomendable 100%

dianap78
10/7/17

Os quadros chegaram na perfeição, as cores são fabulosas e os quadros são perfeitos! Ainda mais bonitos que na imagem! Excelente experiência, para repetir sem dúvida!

yuliak6
10/7/17

Отличный парик. Полностью соответствует описанию. Длительность доставки около месяца. Осталась очень довольна.

carolc147
10/7/17

Loved the green corset. Looks just like the picture fits great. The lace underwear are gorgeous but ran smaller than expected.

elizabethl107
10/6/17

Not sure why I fell for this company... AGAIN. I see that I ordered my daughter's prom dress from them a few years ago. (well, she is in her second year of Grad-school so I guess it was handful of years ago.) Dress arrived after the Prom. That was some fun scouring the city at the last minute to replace it.

This time, I ordered two dresses, in xxl just to have some extra room. One dress, shown as mid-calf was actually a long blouse. The second dress, advertised as a billowing muslin was actually hankie-thin. And I had several different sized friends try it on. No one could even squeeze it over their heads. I tried multiple times to return these items. Even took picture of the shoddy workmanship. Probably some poor woman in a sweat house making 2 cents a day. NEVER AGAIN!!! Be very careful with these overseas companies with English names that display models who are size 0 and so of course the dress looks voluminous.
I wanted a reimbursement, but now they wore me down and now I'm too disgusted. Maybe they will make good Halloween costumes....for a four-year old.

westernu
10/6/17

Довго вибирав смартфон, хотів взяти Мі5s але взяв remdi 4x і не розчарувався. Телефони бомба, все літає на ура, батарея буде спокійно жити 2-3 дня при досить високій нагрузці. За таку ціну кращого варіанту не знайти. Рекомендую!

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hello, I bought a few things and the quality was not very good and the sizing was totally wrong. I also bought a cellular charger and the battery inside was not soldered correctly. Lightinthebox has great price, but you pay for what you get, which isn't much. I have stopped buying from them.

By Michel R. on 1/16/16
Helpful answer

We didn't buy a dress but the sizes are very small and the returns policy is a joke.I ended up losing money.

By Nanda T. on 5/29/16
Helpful answer

Dear Customer, thank you for your inquiry. We're really sorry that our company made you feel nervous. Please kindly note that the total delivery time = processing time + shipping time. So for the arrival date of your package. It depends on the processing time of the product and the shipping method you choose. About the processing time, please kindly check the processing time on the product page. About the shipping time, you mentioned you paid extra fee for faster delivery. If the service you chose was expedited shipping, normally it takes 3-4 business days for shipping. If it's standard service, then 5-8 business days for shipping. If the order is delayed, we'll take full responsibility of that and you can contact us through tickets. You can refer to this guide to contact customer service:http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html We're really sorry that you might feel nervous for the negative review you saw. However, please trust us that there might be some misunderstanding between us and those customers who left the negative comments. We'll do everything to satisfy our customers. Our company might not be a perfect company but we will always take responsibility if we make mistake. Also, we have a lot of positive review, so we hope you could just give us the chance to enjoy our service and to prove our service quality by your own judgement . Your kindly understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 8/22/16
Helpful answer

Dear Customer, we do recommend to you to refer to the size chart on each of the clothes first and then pick a suitable size for you.

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 6/3/16
Helpful answer

Will you send us your order number so that we can check?

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 10/11/16
Helpful answer

No UK number...don't even know whether American number is legit....I suspect not...tried four email addresses and all failed...in my opinion these people should be exposed for what they really are!!!

By Julie K. on 1/7/16
Helpful answer

you NEVER get your money back... dont use them. i am amazed this company is allowed to trade, I am sure we have law's against this kind of practise.

By andrew b. on 3/30/16
Helpful answer

why don't you create a ticket in your order section. In track my package link you will get ask customer services. And ask detailed question and leave a phone number. They always reply to tickets within a day. And they might help as well to resolve the issue.

By reshma s. on 12/15/15
Helpful answer

Suggest not to buy. Might end up not receiving the order or received the wrong size and would be returning and paying shipping or requesting a refund or not receiving a refund at all. There's more legit company like Amazon where I bought the same one I ordered from Lightinabox, which I did not received. Sorry, but I would not trust this Co for anything. It' up to you to take the risk.

By daniel l. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

Dont buy anything from this site. The picture is good, the object quality is garbage. You will be cheated and loose you money.

By Jack B. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

129 Photos for LightInTheBox