US Government’s NSF

LightInTheBox reviews

76%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

crystall53
2/21/17

My purchase was:
Suptig 30M 3-Modes LED Waterproof Video Fill Light Diving Lights Set for Gopro Hero4/3+/3/2 - Black
I purchased this item for my upcoming dive trip in Belize. I used the light on my first dive and after 10min it stopped working and had gotten water in the housing.
I was disappointed in the quality but more importantly the customer service I received when I returned was even more disappointing. They told me it was past the 30 days after purchase and they would not do anything for me. With an article of this nature that isn't always used right away I would have expected them to stand by there product considering it didn't last 10 minutes.
With that Said I would highly recommend using a different company that will stand by their products

monicap32
2/21/17

I ordered this product Shirt - http://www.lightinthebox.com/boy-s-cotton-shirt-spring-fall-long-sleeve_p4850296.html priced @ £11.47 on November 19th as it said it would take 9-12 business days, so I expected it to arrive in the first week or at least by the second week of December 2016. But the product arrived in the 4th week of December 2016! when we were away on a holiday.

When I checked this product on my son after arrival, it was very small and was not fitting. I had ordered size 16. There is no cloth tag with company's name stitched onto the shirt, but the paper tag shows size 16 which is dubious. On measuring the cloth details it appears to be of size 13 or 14.

So I tried to contact the Light in the box, but my account was not updated and was showing as if there was no order placed, so I contacted Light in the box through pay pal. I did not get any response. SO I raised a dispute in Pay pal and they offered me to give me the full refund.

Later I checked the account in Light in the box and the sale was updated.Then I raised a ticket in the Light in the box, MR.Lee asked me to cancel my complaint with paypal so that he can sort the issue internally by refunding me the full amount or sending me a replacement. So I did cancel my complaint in the pay pal.

After I cancelled the complaint, there was no response from Mr. Lee. I had to write to them twice before Ms. Conchita replied that I have to return the product by paying the postage charges of around £5-£8, before they could give me the refund or replace the item with size 16.

Why should I pay for for the postage charge when the fault is theirs. LIGHT IN THE BOX, have sent me a shirt with wrong measurements. I sent Mr. Lee the photographs to prove that the shirt is not size 16 and does not fit my son.

Is it not fraud if they are sending a wrong sized product and then expecting customers to spend another £5- £8 on return for a product that is worth around £12?

I am not happy with the way Conchita is dealing with this issue. This is cheating!

Stay away from this business - They are a bunch of cheats!

treym18
2/20/17

I ordered my package and I should be expecting it soon but after reading all the other reviews its got me worried so I tried to track it but it said tracking # was not found which has got me more worried

rolok
2/19/17

I would like to warn people to buy in lightinthebox.
I buy two radio in promotion, but lightinthebox cancel my order without any information and any explanation. It is not fair, becouse I buy it with according to the rules.
Be cereful if you wont to buy something in this shop. Contact with staff is very difficult. I received refund after 2 weeks, but it is in all situation does not matter.
I moved to another street, so it is even bigger trouble.

AVOID THIS SHOP!!!!!

gems3
2/17/17

I was dubious about using light in a box even though a friend had recommended them to me. We are getting married in September and so are looking to save costs. Well I was not disappointed! I placed me Order on 3rd February expedited delivery - I also paid the insurance tax and customs insurance so my total order was £83.00 for a veil, tiara and 5 x tie, cufflink, handkerchief and tie pin sets - For this money I wasn't expecting much but figured it wasn't too much too lose if they turned out to be terrible quality..... I could not be happier! My delivery arrived this morning and the quality is amazing!! - I did have an issue with customs tax - DHL sent me an invoice for £26.00 for this - I opened a ticket with Light in the box and they immediately came back asking for a copy ( picture) of the invoice - I sent this and within 24 hours I had a message to say they were refunding me the full £26.00 as I had taken the insurance. So all in all I am over the moon and will be returning to light in the box to order extra items!

Tip for consumers: I read the reviews from previous purchases which helped - and have a good look - there is literally tonnes of items on there!

calonnat
2/17/17

I will never order anything from Light In The Box ever again. I paid them 535.96 for my items through Western Union. They are saying that they don't have the payment. I even called Western Union and they said that they do. Western Union have even tried to contact them. They have not responded back. They are giving me the run around. I am so fed up with them. I just want my items or my money. I am beginning to think this is a fraudulent company especially after reading all of these reviews. They have no phone number listed. I have done so many ticket. It is so frustrating.

tenzinc1
2/16/17

Ordered a pant on 6th Feb and started panicking after seeing all the negative reviews. Because stupidly, I forgot read reviews before placing an order. Stupid me!

Now, as expected, I tracked my product and it says unsuccessful delivery.
Seriously????
I am receiving every mails with no problem, I am at home and I have shared my phone number too.
How can it be "couldn't get delivered."

Well, as per all the reviews, Lightinthebox has proved to me that they are a Con-company who robs customer's money in the name of business and excuses like address not working, custom delay, no one answered the delivery guy and what not!!!!

If I don't get my product, I will write about my horrible experience with screenshots of every dissatisfied clients here on every social media, consumer forum, bnb etc. Etc and etc.

P.S: and you can't contact anyone from Lightinthebox*
Such a shame!

Additional not: can't even post my review without giving them at least a star. Wtf!
This is bully!

kendrac7
2/16/17

**Amended review. After posting on this site, Fabio from Light in the Box contacted me. While the ship date is still 3/2, they offered either a full refund +5% more, or refunding the shipping and 15%. The refund came quickly. If the product comes in time for my event, I will be more satisfied.

I ordered dresses on January 18th. When checking the status, was told they'd be shipped by 2/16. Double checking a couple days ago, they now said 3/2.
When I questioned their delay, the reply was "Read the previous response carefully"
They are not working to resolve my issue and stand by their original response!
Do NOT buy from this site, especially if you need to product by a certain date!

prabhania
2/16/17

I ordered a pair of shoes in lightinthebox. I didn't receive my package yet. I'm still waiting! I ordered it on 8 th January. I'm very disappointed about their service! They have attractive items and I thought it was a good company. But don't trust them! Never ever! Buy the items at your own risk! I'm very sad that there is no zero stars to give!

florences23
2/15/17

This company is a scam I have been waiting for them to ship my order for weeks
keep promising to no avail these people are liars and scammers people keep away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: do not buy from this company

bethh50
2/15/17

I ordered an ice skating dress for my daughter for her first competition. I got confirmation after paying for the dress. A few days later I got a "ticket" claim from light in the box that there was an issue and the dress was out of stock. Shortly there after I got another email from them saying it was resolved. I assumed this meant they were sending the dress. Today I went onto their site only to see that it was resolved by cancelling my order and giving me a credit on their site. I can not for the life of me find a person to call or email directly. I do not want a credit!!! I want the dress or my money refunded in full. This is terrible customer service and I am so sorry I shopped with them.

phillips48
2/15/17

Ordered 2 bikinis on the 12th January it's now 15th February and we go on our holidays next Thursday and can't find any way on Web site to contact customer services to see where my items are ....wish I would have read these reviews first because I would NOT have ordered any thing off these company

hasang2
2/14/17

Ordered some G9 LED bulbs.. it said they take around 4-7 days to deliver, it actually came on the 19th day... I cancelled an order but they said that it has already been dispatched but once you get it, you can return it.

Had good and VERY quick communication. Tammy with customer services is very helpful. Issues resolved and very good after sale services. Offered extra sales vouchers as well.
Thank you Tammy.

markv53
2/14/17

At first I was a little sceptic ordering online. As I was looking for a well priced coat for my daughters birthday and as budget is tight in these months, I ordered a nice looking winterjacket from the website. I had a confirmation with a tracking number within a day, so i could follow the progress. 10 Days later the jacket arrived. The jacket is great!! My daughter is very happy and next to that according to her, her friends are really jealous. This wont be my last purchase with lightinthebox. Well worth the wait. Cheers

jamiem110
2/14/17

I ordered a dress on January 20th that had a processing/tailoring time of 10-14 days. The dress has still not shipped. It took 4 email exchanges to finally get to a supervisor, who offered to ship my dress on February 23rd, the date it was already scheduled to ship on. She also offered me a $10 credit towards my next order. Absolutely unacceptable! They falsely advertised how long the dress would take, offered to ship it 2 days after I need it while making no effort to speed things up, and give me $10 towards a future order when I do NOT intend to order from their site ever again?! In what world that is an acceptable solution?

I will admit I was duped by the glowing reviews on their site and thought I couldn't go wrong, but that has not been the case. DO NOT TRUST their reviews and DO NOT TRUST the amount of time they tell you your order will take. My mother also ordered a "ready to wear" dress that was supposed to ship in 2 days or so. After 3 weeks it still hadn't shipped and she was given 3 different estimated ship dates by Customer Service. They tried to tell her she could only have a 50% refund and would still have to pay shipping charges - ON A DRESS THAT NEVER SHIPPED! It took some fighting but she did get a full refund. I am fighting for the same thing but nothing has been resolved yet. Spare yourself the headaches and avoid this site like the plague.

Tip for consumers: My 1 star is because 0 starts isn't an option.

ardic
2/14/17

Highly recommend buying from this site! Very much like buying from Amazon.
I don't post many reviews, but I've purchased a few items from this website and I have received both great items and not so great items.
Great items first. I have purchased some dresses from this site. I ONLY recommend buying from lightinthebox.com's TS Couture and LanTing line. I have especially been impressed with their LanTing line.
I also purchased some shoes from them. They are gorgeous!
Not so Great Items. I have trouble with products from suppliers - especially ones that post pictures of the product on a person. The ones that post pictures of the product by itself tends to be more accurate.
You can tell if a picture is from a supplier because it says so right under the previews. It's really great.
The best part is that they they handle returns like Amazon. If you get an item that is different from the posted pictures or otherwise have quality issues, they are very reasonable with the returns.

mickd16
2/13/17

I ordered a wig and have yet to recieve it. Tried to track it but the tracking number keeps reading unknown. I had faith this was a legit site and was proven wrong. I will never waste my money on this site again, and will worn all my friends to beware of this frad.

natalinad
2/13/17

I order some staff on 11.12.2016 for £120
2 months now im still waiting for answer from them
2 weeks ago they apologise and promise to solve the problem but .....

trician3
2/12/17

I ordered a toy guitar - took ages to arrive and missed my deadline and their expected arrival date. The guitar was sub standard, impossible to tune as the pegs just slipped once the tension was applied. The mechanism was totally wrong. I tried to contact them, the website is rubbish.Eventually I discovered the feedback form, but all I got was information from them as to how to send the product back (at my expense) for a refund. Shipping costs to Poland cost almost as much as the product (£22) and they're would not refund postage. After many feedback forms, photos and persevering with sending information - in all about 14 feedback forms (you cannot speak to them on the phone) they eventually said they would refund the postage, but not arrange collection at their expense - what does that tell you? By this time I had taken into account their hopeless inefficiency and read the other feedback comments, and decided not to persevere with the return of the item, not knowing if I would ever get the money back, and not wishing to send good money after bad. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! Am surprised to see they are Chinese. I understood Polish. I think everyone should be aware of who they are dealing with online and read customer feedback before ordering. I sent feedback which wasn't published however. THERE SHOULD BE A QUALITY RATING FOR INLINE COMPANIES. THIS ONE WOULD RATE ZERO FOR ME.

colinb59
2/12/17

Nothing to say the goods come from china, they take ages to arrive and once you have ordered from them you can never get shot of their spamming emails

aarronj
2/12/17

My very first and probably my very last time ordering from Lightinthebox.

I ordered a Mi Band 2 and screen protectors from this site on the 27th January for £20.88 (items) + £3.53 (shipping & insurance). The order stated 1-4 days processing time but my order never got processed until the 6th February and shipped on the 7th. When the UPS driver arrived on the 10th he would not release the item unless I paid £18.93 in "Import duty fees". I refused to pay this and the driver left with my package. On contacting Lightinthebox through their service ticket system I was told that they would refund 100% duty fees to anybody that had paid for "Insurance for duty and tax" and that I had not so my only choices were to pay the duty myself or refuse the item and accept a refund of £18.15 which is a lose of £6.26 for the pleasure of using their service. This is not a lot of money but I believe this is a matter of principle.

I replied to their messgae asking them to explain where the "Insurance for duty and tax" option was because when I went through the order process again I could not see this option available anywhere. I also sent them a screen shot of their order page to prove this fact. They responded again by just saying if you don't want the item then they will give me a refund of £18.15. They made no attempt to answer my legitimate question with regards to the "Insurance for duty and tax" option.

I have replied to them again but don't expect to get a satisfactory response from them.

My advice to everybody is to avoid using this dropshipping business at all costs. You would be better off paying a little bit more for your items and buying them from more reputable business.

debj20
2/11/17

I still cannot log into my account but I have received four snow man replacement order so thankyou for your help

teresat44
2/11/17

Ordered a backpack on January 10th to go to iceland. They promise expedited shipping. HA HA The joke is on me. It is now February 10 and still no sign of back pack. Don't ask me to track. This is also a joke. It is lost in transit. A better phrase is don't get lost in translation. Too bad I couldn't give "0" stars.

Tip for consumers: Ticket ID: 14598611
Order Number: 1701100621101238 View order details
Order Date: January 10, 2017

You said I didn't have proper order number. Here are the details Lightinthebox!

christined73
2/11/17

Ordered a top on 4/1/17,not received it yet.Complained,but they give excuses and put the blame onto the customer. Its a scam,I have informed PAYPAL,who are looking into it!! I would never buy from them again!!!

donnas180
2/10/17

Lightinthebox.com so called 'responded to my complaint on your site??!! They wrote a reply but I cannot access the customer service. They DO NOT return my request for a new password.... Although I HAD a password! There is no access to respond to their latest answer from SiteJabber. Something needs to be done to this site.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

322 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question