Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

74%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

marleneh16
Marlene H.
5/23/17

Poor quality. Sizes very small. Customer service horrible. I returned items in March and end May have not been reimbursed. Impossible to contact them

ninaf23
5/23/17

We ordered 2 spinners for our boy at the 23rd April. It was debited my card on the 24th of April and confirmed shipped the 27th of April. We paid extra for express shipment with delivery within 5-8 working days.
IT HAS STILL NOT ARRIVED ! I complained after almost 2 weeks and their first response was that I ordere it by post. Wrong ! and then they offered approx USD 2 in credit on my next order. I told them this wasn't of interest and they gave us 50% saving on the extra shipment cost for express delivery. The tracker on my shipment responded for the first time 21 May and confirmed it was shipped 22 May. Almost a month after i paid for it and they confirmed it was shipped. IT HAS STILL NOT ARRIVED.

karih19
5/22/17

I ordered a mother of the bride dress that was described as "chiffon and lace" in the color "regency" but when I recieved the dress the layer of fabric under the lace was bright purple and very shiny, not chiffon at all.
Other than that the dress was beautiful, well made and a perfect fit (I ordered custom size).. It would have been beautiful for an evening dress but my daughter's wedding is an outdoor afternoon ceremony.
I sent them pictures and the customer service rep was very apologetic. I was offered 2 options. 1) I could keep the dress and they would reimburse me $20 for my trouble, or 2) return the dress for a full refund.
I returned the dress and was given a full refund (every penny) very quickly.

melissap105
5/22/17

Long story short, I ordered two identical bridesmaids dresses one size 6 one size 10 in burgundy and floor length. I also paid for 2-3 business days shipping as I need to dresses ASAP for my wedding in three months. ( I did not procrastinate, we have had three bad companies prior to this one so we are at a time crunch.) The package took more than three weeks to receive. As we were afraid we wouldnt have enough time to order other dresses before inspecting package one, my other four bridesmaids purchased their matching dresses individually from the same site. We have spent over $600 as a group. The package once received for the first order included one dress that matched my order. There is no way to determine the size until a maiden tries it on as there is no size tag, nothing on SKU tag and the invoice form didnt match what was received. The second dress that was supposed to match, was received as a knee length white and Navy tulle prom dress. The invoice paper that has a customer service inspection stamp confirms what I ordered but not what was received in the package. I immediately emailed the company in under an hour of DHL delivery. I received a series of automated responses advising that I would need to provide pictures of the ill fitting dress. I again explained it was not a size issue but a wrong order received and I needed to have it corrected. I provided several photos of the dresses, invoice, confirmed correct order info. I was then informed that dress was custom made so I couldnt return for free. I again advised I had never seen the dress received before and thus can not be a custom order. I have searched relentlessly for a phone number for customer service, WHICH DOES NOT EXIST. There is no listed phone number local or international to get ahold of someone. There is no availability of a live chat. My emails and photos have been basically ignored. I have been disappointed by online companies before but this one takes the cake

janek55
5/20/17

I was amazed on how low the prices were but the shipping time is terrible I ordered a fidget spinner and it said it would take 5 days to leave the warehouse and it took 2 weeks.But the price was amazing.

danielm324
5/18/17

O site cumpriu com os prazos e com o atendimento. A qualidade de todos os meus produtos foi boa; não tenho nada a acrescentar de negativo para esta empresa. Se você procura prazos e informações pode encontrar na parte de baixo da página deles que está lá toda a informação relevante.

limingw
5/17/17

There are no phone number, no email address listed in lightinthebox.com. Please don't take the risk to waste your money and time on lightinthebox.com. Also we should block it to protect us.

paulas88
5/16/17

The worst company in the world to deal with
Have to pay for customs was not informed of this any time through the ordering process. Unbelievable the trading standards should be made to deal with this company. Should not be allowed to trade at all. Customers should take to social media to voice their disappointment.

elizabethg112
5/15/17

I ordered a dress for my graduation, and it still hasn't come. I placed my oeder may 7th, I paid for express 2-3 business day shipping to make sure it was here on time. I tracked my order online said it shipped on May 9th. It is now the 15th and no dress. When I contacted customer service this was their response.
Dear Elizabeth Gillinsteen,

Thank you for shopping with us.

Your order was shipped via SF-Express INT-E on 2017-05-09. The tracking number is 613600623717. Delivery normally takes one week.

Note: The online tracking information may be updated slightly later than the actual shipping situation, we appreciate that you can be patient while waiting for the updates.

Tracking Information:

United States: 1 855 901 1133

Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions, we are happy to help you.

Sincerely,
CustomerService
LightInTheBox Customer Service
BULL$#*!!!! Don't order from here!!!!

mathiasd15
5/14/17

I have ordered an item from Light In box and on the day of the order, it was specified that the processing/shipping time would be 24h and delivery time 5-8 days in Express delivery. I've placed my order on the 3rd as I needed it at the latest on the 13th. Next day, parcel still not shipped so I decide to email them about the 24h processing time... Customer service guy (François) vaguely said it would certainly be in time on the 13th and due to be shipped any soon. Next Day still nothing,... so I re-emailed and again vague reply... Today we are the 14th and no parcel... I needed that piece of equipment for a photoshoot abroad... My flight is at noon, it's a Sunday and no post delivery... Thanks a lot LightInTheBox for screwing up my work...

Tip for consumers: Don't use it unless you are not on a hurry for your items. Don't trust their delivery time.

kateb77
5/12/17

ordered a clock on 9 april. it was £40 and it said i would reeive it in about 5 days. 3 weeks later no clock. then i receive a letter saying i had to pay a £25 import tax and customs fee. I wrote to the company and they told me i had to pay it in order to receive it and if i rejected the parcel they would only pay a £20 refund! at this stage i really don't expect to see my £40 again.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE BASED IN CHINA AND YOU WILL GET STUNG WITH THIS CHARGE THAT THEY DO NOT MENTION WHEN YOU BUY THE PRODUCT.

saurabht
5/12/17

I bought some dresses off of Lightinthebox.com around boxing day in Dec 2016. Here are the facts:
- Shipment was delayed by almost 2 months
- Partial shipment received in Late Feb 2017.
- Incorrect sizing information. Dresses didn't fit
- There were Ink stains stamps on white dress!!
- When asked to exchange, was advised to hold till order was completed. I was promised that delay in order completion will not impede returns later.
- Remaining shipment delayed further due to "product being out of stock" - OK understandable.
- After Several followups got the final product in late March 2017.
- When asked to exchange, new customer service rep said there couldn't be any as the earlier tickets were closed despite promise!
- Had to reason with customer service to make them understand that delay was due to Lightinthebox asking me to hold returns till order complete.
- Finally got RMA to return. Returned all dresses for exchange/ refund in early April 2017.
- It is May 12, 2017. No word on exchange. Lightinthebox says they haven`t received the returned shipment?? What NONSENSE??!!...complete BS!!

I have been patiently discussing things for last 6 months. Not anymore. Next time, I`ll take my business somewhere else. In the age of amazon and quick returns, I have wasted so many hours trying to tackle this issue.
Here are the ticket#
14520969 - Check order status - Jan 31, 2017
14685701 - Return or exchange - Feb 08 2017
14685688 - Return or exchange - Feb 10 2017
14916879 - Return or exchange - Mar 15 2017
15367885 - Package not received - May 12 2017

jennifern54
5/11/17

Tammy fixed all problems I was having with other ticket workers for me and she was very nice throughout the whole thing. Definitely solved the problem faster than the other people and she actually knew what she was doing.

Tip for consumers: Do not trust this site. You're going to regret it down the road.

zeljkas
5/11/17

Do not order from here EVER!!! The worst site for online shopping. I can understand that it happen not to receive an item, but the way it was handled was awful. They sent me same message to wait for 2 months and then again to wait another 20 days. So they don't care, they just want to get rid of you. Of course, I won't see my money or package anymore. Do not order from here, it's the best advise I can give to somebody.

micheleb66
5/10/17

I ordered my daughter shoes three months ago. I still haven't received anything. I'm very disappointed, I wish I would have read these reviews before I ordered anything. Don't order anything!! This is a scam!

sherylg15
5/9/17

I ordered from them over 2 weeks ago. I was given a tracking number in my account.
Now my account is empty, no record of the order, no tracking number and no one to contact.
I have taken this up with paypal and will continue to share the word about this fraudulent website.

hollyf24
5/8/17

I bought a fascinator for the Kentucky Derby on their website. I ordered it two weeks before I needed it & paid an extra $10 for " 2 -3 day expedited shipping " as it said on their website. It NEVER came.. and they would not refund me. When I emailed them continuously, they said it was the shippers fault & to wait 10 days and it should be delivered. If I was worried, they said.. contact the shipping comany they hired directly.. and gave me their website. So basically- they scammed me out of my money AND took extra for fast shipping which they knew would not happen.

marinaexamf
5/5/17

hot time for most of us do not sare this options to be very serious about it as well this may give me many new ideas and then may help me be very quiet

mohammadn14
5/4/17

I buy Shoes from "light in the box "online website. I paid shipping charges and for fast delivery extra charges. It arrives via DHL. DHL came to my house and asking me $25 more for delivery at my house. Shoe cost $50 and I do not want to pay $25 more for nothing. For $75 I can buy those shoes anywhere from store. Its rip off. They do not show the delivery charges of DHL. Its hidden charges. Do not get fool from them.

lesliej21
5/4/17

My order never came !! its been almost 3 months !!and nothing !! i kept trying to get refund and all they did was keep sending me the same email over and over again saying your package has been sent ...they refuse to listen to my complaint that i never got it ! they stole my money and refuse to give it back

ryann53

JUST READ THE REVIEWS...

I ordered my fidgetspinner and cube and waited for it to come. IT DID NOT COME. It said it came on the 25 of april. IT DIDNT!

samy130
5/3/17

The process has been a complete nightmare from the start. I placed an order for 2 pairs of bike shorts via express and it still took ten days, don't waste your money. The size chat they use was off and the size was too big. One pair of the shorts was put together wrong, a nonslip band was sewn on the outside by mistake vice the inside and the leg length was longer. Now after numerous emails back and forth they want me to go through this incredible process to get refunded and also want me to pay the shipping. In other terms i will be out 25.00 for all the shipping and mess. Do yourself a favor and stay away from LightInTheBox. Also, Before you order that great deal realize this. When you find an item that has a decent price then you find the same thing on the site cheaper. It is not. Check the shipping charges. The better price item has a higher shipping. The costs are the same and they get you on the shipping.
FOLLOW UP 05 May 2017: The response from Pinni was a joke. The only way they will honor the correction to the problem is if I accept their plan, which will not work to my advantage, and if I change my review to 4-5 stars. Again...SAVE YOURSELF THE PROBLEM AND THE MONEY IT IS NOT WORTH IT. BUY FROM U.S. SELLERS ONLY!!!

clb5
5/3/17

I ordered a dress almost 3wks ago, have sent them two messages regarding non delivery and have not heard a word from them. There has been absolutely no contact from them at all. I'm not at all happy with their service and if they don't respond by the end of this week, I will be phoning my bank to try and recover my money back from them!!!!!

kimberlyn26
5/2/17

I ordered 3 pairs of wedge style flip flops with lots of bling on them; almost impossible to get in stores in white and with lots of bling 80-90/pair. My entire purchase at LITB cost me about 110. US including shipping and duties. Shipping was super fast. I love my new summer shoes.

pippaj
4/25/17

I bought a wig off this company a couple of weeks ago. There was a slight misunderstanding regarding the arrival time of the wig, but after speaking to Rebecca from the customer service team, she was incredibly helpful as to locating the parcel and making sure it did get to me on time.
I'd definitely order from this company again, was very pleased with how everything was handled :)

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

363 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
sherrim11
Sherri M.
on 12/15/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

80 Photos for LightInTheBox