Review of LightInTheBox

LightInTheBox reviews

China Wholesale, Clothing, Wholesale Clothing
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

titis
8/19/17

Terrible customer service. I ordered a pair of shoes and the package came in soaked in water and damaged. I reached out to their customer service and they provided no help. I had to return the package with my own money. I ended up loosing $17 for ordering from this company. They don't have any good customer service at all. Their product is also a big counterfeit. Don't fall into the same trap I did.

barbarap113
8/18/17

Had the same problem as others - the photos of clothes are designer items on models. What you get is a cheap copy made in China. I contacted the company and they stalled asking me to send photos of the item so they could see what was different. I ripped off the cheap taking bows and diamante that were all over the Plain white bolero I ordered. Threw out the other item I ordered and would never shop with them again.

jennr19
8/17/17

Never got the package I ordered and contacted them atleast 5 times to get a refund they answer with the same generic responses DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!

patyl
8/16/17

I am an online shopaholic and normally I am not the kind of person to waste time giving reviews but the catastrophic experience that I gained from buying at this company must be shared so people think twice when ordering something from Light in the Box.
I have learned from digging online reviews that Light in the Box pays people to write positive reviews and pays a lot more to hide negative reviews from internet so hopefully they do not find this review before someone (at least) has read it.
I placed an order for $88 USD this past June - I ordered entertainment accessories for my brother's wedding in Mexico that would take place on July 21st.
I asked for the parcel to be send to a PoBox in US so I could get it on my way down to Mexico or my sister could pick it up and bring it to the wedding.
Payment went through on June 23rd but after 20 days of no news, I emailed the company and inquired about the status of my parcel. Their reply was that it had not been sent yet (they did take my money but they did not bother to send it) and that they will send it as soon as possible. I explained to them that I had only 4 days to get the package in my PoBox and that given the circumstances it was very unlikely that I would get my parcel on time so that I wished to cancel my order and process refund.
Please note that I emailed them 3 times asking for cancellation and refund but the replies were non-congruent with my email requests which forced me to repeat my message in the mos simple ways possible as it seemed the person answering didn't read my emails or simply couldn't understand the concept of what they were reading.

What do you think happened next? yes, they sent my order 3 days after receiving my emails... from CHINA obviously ignoring my explicit cancellation of the order due to unjustified delay.

After I saw that the package had been sent, I emailed them once again saying that the parcel had been cancelled 3 days prior and I was told that it was too late now and that they recommended me to keep the parcel because otherwise I had to run with the costs of sending it back.

The wedding passed, I came back to Australia and 60 DAYS LATER AND STILL NO PARCEL.

I emailed them once again (4 days ago) saying there's no parcel to return and I still wanted my money back...they apologised for the 'SLIGHT DELAY' but that they hoped I liked my items....(?) WTHell...!!!!????

Lucky me I bought via PayPal!! I called them for advise as I thought -this person cannot understand English (which is unlikely as their replies were very comprehensive) or they are buying their time so the period I have to dispute a transaction is over and they can screw me over after that.

I was advised to notify the PoBox agency to block that company so they couldn't deliver the parcel. Two days after this, the parcel arrives and cannot be delivered and for the 1st time since ever, they emailed something congruent to the issue.

They emailed me to say that they parcel could not be dropped and that it had been sent to their warehouse and that if I did not arrange prompt pick up, it would be destroyed and thus, THEY WOULD NOT REFUND ME ANYTHING as the parcel had not been returned.

Mind you, they WANT TO FORCE ME TO PAY FOR RETURNING A PARCEL I CANCELLED IN THE 1ST PLACE.

Just out of curiosity, I asked how much would cost me to send it back- It would cost me more than $200 USD to return it, I paid $88 USD so they parctically want to stuff me with a parcel that they sent 60 DAYS AFTER PAYMENT, that was CANCELLED ON TIME and besides trying to stuff it on my face after 2 months delay, they still threaten to NOT REFUND ME if I do not receive their parcel and if I do, I have to pay the returning fee.

Paypal has been great through all this process though and I have been advised once again of how to go around this dodgy company.

ew666
8/16/17

1) My order took almost 3 weeks to arrive = from China
2) The XL Robe I ordered was maybe a size medium = Typical cheap Chinese product

I wish I would have read all these negative reviews before ordering from this company.
Hopefully my Credit Card # won't be stolen.

barbaraw159
8/15/17

I received a pocketbook from you it was been up I'm trying to call you so I can tell you about it but you don't have a telephone number the telephone number which you have on my package it's not a telephone number so I'm sending it to my bank so they can do some investigation in the process I'm going to the post office to return your package

charlisel
8/15/17

THIS IS DEFINITELY LAST TIME I AM USING THIS SITE. ORDERED A WEDDING CAPE ON 3RD AUGUST BUT PROCESSING WENT ON FOR LIKE FOREVER.. SENSING THAT I AM RUNNING OUT OF TIME I CANCELLED MY ORDER AND ASKED FOR A REFUND WHICH IS ONLY 50% AS THEY CLAIM THAT IT IS CUSTOM MADE.. LOL.. FINE.. NOT TOO SURE IF I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK THO. PLACED ANOTHER ORDER FOR YET ANOTHER CAPE WHICH IS SUPPOSED TO BE SHIPPED OUT IN 24HRS WHICH INDEED IT WAS.. ORDERED ON 11TH RECIEVED ON 15TH.. BUT... I ORDERED A TULLE LACE CAPE AND I RECIEVED SOMETHING FURRY.. I CANT EVEN BE BOTHERED TO OPEN IT COS ITS JUS TOO WRONG. NOW I HAVE LESS THEN 2 WEEKS TO MY BIG DAY AND IM STUCK W ALL THIS $#*!S DUE TO THEIR NEGLIGENCE. I DONT NOE WHEN THEY WILL PROCESS MY RETURN AND MAYBE BY THE TIME I SEND BACK WILL BE TOO LATE FOR EXCHANGE. SO BUY AT YOUR OWN RISK. I REGRET NOT SPOTTING ALL THESE NEGATIVE FEEDBACKS BEFORE ORDERING AND SPENDING MONEY..

lornag7
8/14/17

Awful. I ordered an item on 08/06/17 with a shipping of time of 9 - 14 business days. The item never arrived they have since changed the expected delivery multiple times, '38-40 days'; 'up to 60 days' and now it's 'up to 180 days'. They will not give me a refund despite repeated requests and I now receive a 'cut & paste' stock reply to my requests. I would give this company no stars or minus stars if I could!

julianl22
8/14/17

i made a purchase from lightinthebox and was promised 2-3 days delivery, 30 days later !!!! still no product .... i contacted customer care !!!! no reply . they use a ticket system as stalling tactic hoping you get fed up. their refund policy says you can only apply for a refund within 24 hrs of payment !! tactic again because in most cases you wouldnt know you have a problem in 24 hrs!!!!!!!

donyaj
8/14/17

If you have problems with this company, contact with customer services is done online through tickets. This is a stalling tactic in the hope that you will eventually get fed up and not bother. Avoid this site. They take your money, don't supply the goods and offer no support with no hope of ever getting a refund.

jamesa248
8/13/17

NEVER BUY FROM HERE. I bought an electronic item that was a fake replica and not functional at all. Awaiting contact back for a refund but expect that 70$ is gone forever

colleenl23
8/13/17

I've written quite a few tickets to resolve the issue an order that was supposed to be expediated and I paid extra to have the item delivered. The company also stated that there was a mistake with the sending of the order, which was the reason for the delay. However, I never received my order and when I thought they actually sent me a phone number to speak to a person it was to the office that sends the merchandise. These so called tickets are stalling tactics and I finally called my credit card company and told them my problem and they took over my dilemma and refunded me. Do not use this company. I will contacting BBB (Better Business Bureau) and all other social media.

jerr1599
8/13/17

I ordered a shirt in man's large..it was the size for a child! No way to contact them. I did via web and have heard nothing. I am disappointed. I cannot send shirt back as I have no address and it would probably cost too much.

$17.96 wasted but a lesson learned, not to ever order from them again

egbertt6
8/13/17

23 april 2017 een bestelling geplaatst (camera 180 euro)gekozen voor verzekerd verzenden.
op 30 april werd ik gebeld door dhl dat het pakket niet meer geleverd zal worden omdat deze te zwaar beschadigd is, ik moest contact opnemen met lightinthebox om het probleem op te lossen.
Door lightinthebox wordt ik niet geholpen ze verwijzen mij doodleuk terug naar dhl terwijl lightinthebox de verkopende partij is.
het is nu maanden later, vele mail gestuurd, maar nog geen camera en wel mijn geld kwijt.

kortom koop nooit bij lightinthebox want als er ook maar iets misgaat ben je jouw geld kwijt!!!!!

Aanvulling:

Na het klagen via onder ander deze site heb ik nu eindelijk mijn geld volledig terug ontvangen dat na ongeveer 4 maanden, 10 mails en een claim via paypal!
Eind goed al goed zullen we maar zeggen...

brunom53
8/11/17

Comprei 9 produtos: 2 pingentes sendo um com colar, 3 camisas e 4 termômetros. Todos chegaram como no anunciado. Estou satisfeito com minhas compras e voltarei a comprar no lightinthebox.

kandiahs
8/11/17

I bought an item recently.No resemblance to the photo at all. Bined the item straightaway instead of having an unpleasant communication

sangwonj
8/11/17

Fraud. The item never arrived. They kept asking me to wait. After 50 days, they are not acknowledging my concern only blaming on post offices. They will not honour resend nor refund despite insurance was included in the purchase price. Avoid this web site.

sharonb179
8/11/17

I ordered 2 paintings and when we received them they were nothing like the picture advertised. They told me to return them and they cot me $120.98 plus I paid $62.00 for return postage which they said they would pay but no refund and every time I start a new ticket they close it without refunding me. Shocking company and this item was purchased April 28th 2017 and still they have not refunded me. Order No 1704280422621766

thork2
8/10/17

I ordered a tablet/computer combo and it came with Chinese language installed. All that can be changed to English is the keyboard. I cannot change the actual user language. They have only supplied me with broken links to customer support and are very disinterested in my problem. I'm out nearly $500 for an unusable computer.
Stay away

bok24
8/10/17

I wear standard size S in the US. I bought clothes size M still running too small. Also, i noticed the website listed most of the material of those clothes are fraud. Can't get hold of the customer service to help exchange or returns. Don't waste your money from LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM

mynia
8/10/17

Llego en el tiempo acordado, buenos productos, buena calidad, recomendado al 100%.....Considerar las tallas siempre son un poco mas pequeñas

lisaj168
8/9/17

I came across your site from a friend and I have used it for my bridesmaids dressings, decorations,and my dresses. I love this site and will continue to use it.

tanyak36
8/9/17

I ordered a grey dress paid for it kept tracking parcel it said undeliverable and to check carrier who is Royal Mail put in tracking number it doesn't exist sent email no reply feel very let down and will not be using or recommending this company ever !!!

jank70
8/9/17

AVOID THIS SHOPP!!! FRAUD COMPANYY!!
PAYPAL DISPUTE ONLE WAY TO GIVE MONEY BACK.
In MAY I bought car radio 170$ from EU WAREHOUSE. AFTER OVER 2 MONTHS I NOT RECEIVED PACKAGE. I WRITE TO LIGHTINTHEBOX message with complain.
They 2 times change the deadline to delivery package. In last message they write to WAIT to 24 JUNE. Unfornetely 70 days package was still note delivered. NEXT LIGHTINTHEBOX write to me to wait next 2 MONTHS FOR PACKAGE!!
IT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. ONLY WAY TO GET MONEY BACK WAS PAYPAL DISPUTE. AFTER 2 WEEKS PAYPAL ACCEPTED THIS.

AVOID THIS COMPANY!!! 1705251323171925

Tip for consumers: 1705251323171925

jfm2
8/9/17

Me siento contento con esta compañía se las recomiendo que le compren, los productos llegan bien, y ni una vez he tenido problema.

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hello, I bought a few things and the quality was not very good and the sizing was totally wrong. I also bought a cellular charger and the battery inside was not soldered correctly. Lightinthebox has great price, but you pay for what you get, which isn't much. I have stopped buying from them.

By Michel R. on 1/16/16
Helpful answer

We didn't buy a dress but the sizes are very small and the returns policy is a joke.I ended up losing money.

By Nanda T. on 5/29/16
Helpful answer

Dear Customer, thank you for your inquiry. We're really sorry that our company made you feel nervous. Please kindly note that the total delivery time = processing time + shipping time. So for the arrival date of your package. It depends on the processing time of the product and the shipping method you choose. About the processing time, please kindly check the processing time on the product page. About the shipping time, you mentioned you paid extra fee for faster delivery. If the service you chose was expedited shipping, normally it takes 3-4 business days for shipping. If it's standard service, then 5-8 business days for shipping. If the order is delayed, we'll take full responsibility of that and you can contact us through tickets. You can refer to this guide to contact customer service:http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html We're really sorry that you might feel nervous for the negative review you saw. However, please trust us that there might be some misunderstanding between us and those customers who left the negative comments. We'll do everything to satisfy our customers. Our company might not be a perfect company but we will always take responsibility if we make mistake. Also, we have a lot of positive review, so we hope you could just give us the chance to enjoy our service and to prove our service quality by your own judgement . Your kindly understanding and cooperation are highly appreciated.

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 8/22/16
Helpful answer

Dear Customer, we do recommend to you to refer to the size chart on each of the clothes first and then pick a suitable size for you.

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 6/3/16
Helpful answer

Will you send us your order number so that we can check?

By LightInTheBox F. [LightInTheBox Rep] on 10/11/16
Helpful answer

No UK number...don't even know whether American number is legit....I suspect not...tried four email addresses and all failed...in my opinion these people should be exposed for what they really are!!!

By Julie K. on 1/7/16
Helpful answer

you NEVER get your money back... dont use them. i am amazed this company is allowed to trade, I am sure we have law's against this kind of practise.

By andrew b. on 3/30/16
Helpful answer

why don't you create a ticket in your order section. In track my package link you will get ask customer services. And ask detailed question and leave a phone number. They always reply to tickets within a day. And they might help as well to resolve the issue.

By reshma s. on 12/15/15
Helpful answer

Suggest not to buy. Might end up not receiving the order or received the wrong size and would be returning and paying shipping or requesting a refund or not receiving a refund at all. There's more legit company like Amazon where I bought the same one I ordered from Lightinabox, which I did not received. Sorry, but I would not trust this Co for anything. It' up to you to take the risk.

By daniel l. on 4/21/16
Helpful answer

Dont buy anything from this site. The picture is good, the object quality is garbage. You will be cheated and loose you money.

By Jack B. on 8/16/15
Questions? Get answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other customers.

101 Photos for LightInTheBox