US Government’s NSF

LightInTheBox reviews

78%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

judyc63
12/8/16

My card was charged for for an item. I cancelled that order before it was shipped and requested a refund. I was notified that the cancellation was successful and my credit card would be refunded the full amount. They closed the ticket after 7 days. There is no way what so ever for you to contact "customer service" after the ticket is closed. I still have not received any refund from them and will never order from light in the box again and I will tell anyone that will listen that this company is horrible and unreliable.

ritae5
12/7/16

A website with everything from electronics to lingerie. Good customer service.
The time it takes to process an order is lengthy, it took 9 days for my payment to get received, and the actual delivery time is much longer than the specified options. I selected postal expedited (5-8days), but it's actually going to take up to 12 days.
But now knowing that international orders take longer, I will most likely order again

sweekas
12/7/16

I placed my order and paid for it on 29th November 2016, I was given a delivery time frame of 3- business days. It is now the 7th December and I have not received my items which I needed to receive by now for my office Christmas party tomorrow.

Can somebody get back to me asap as this is my first time ordering from this site and I have not received any communication suggesting that my delivery will be late.

mels134
12/6/16

I ordered a pair of shoes on November 27th and on their website it said they would be processed and shipped within 24 hours. I paid extra for expedited delivery so the shoes would get there within 4-6 business days. They took the money from my account straight away but after a week it said my shoes are still being processed. So I contacted them and they said they would sort it. The shoes finally left their warehouse after 7 days (not the 24 hours they said) and after a lot of frustrating correspondence (they don't answer your questions, they generally just send computer generated responses) I received an e mail saying they could only send the shoes via standard now as expedited is no longer possible and it will take 6-8 business days. They kept trying to tell me that I do not understand there are 2 parts to the order - the processing and the shipping. I totally understand but they just mucked up! I paid for 24 hour processing and 4-6 days shipping. Instead I get 7 day processing and 6-8 days shipping. I need the shoes in 2 days but it does not seem like I am going to get them. Communicating with them via e mail is painful because they do not answer your questions and tend to give generic responses. They have not offered to refund me for the shipping despite admitting fault. I will never use this company again. Stay away from them, there are literally thousands of complaints about this company online, I wish I had thought to check before I ordered.

carolp90
12/6/16

Sent back 2 items that were broke and it took forever to get a refund. Finally got the refund and they only gave me back a partial payment to my PayPal...the rest they gave me a credit to their store. That is VERY wrong!!! They had better give me the rest of my payment as I do not want to purchase from them again. This is the second time I ordered from them and it was a disaster. I can't even call them to get this squared away in a timely matter. Customer Service is the worst!!! These were suppose to be Christmas gifts. I am so very upset with them! If I could do no stars, that is what I would have given them.

davidd285
12/6/16

I ordered a clock and it arrived broken. I sent it back and asked for a replacement, which arrived broken. I sent it back and asked for a refund and I cannot get a refund. PayPal will only honor the initial order and not the replacement. Now I know this in future, with other suppliers, I will only ask for a refund NOT replacement.

lorrainem39
12/5/16

when I ordered my painting from your company, I paid $47.00 plus postage. I just received this today December 5, 2016 and your price was lowered to $24.00. I would appreciate a credit if I open and keep what I received. I remember reading canvas was on plywood, now it says painting only. Need som clarification on this .

annae33
12/5/16

Sorry to say I have had a bad experience with this company. I ordered an item to be delivered within 3-4 business days, paying ~£12 for the privilege. It is now 6 business days (10 actual days) since I ordered and payment was taken. I have submitted several tickets requesting a) my £12 back and b) an update on when it will finally get here. The first ticket was resolved immediately saying it will take 7 days to arrive, but I don't think they looked at my specific case where I'd paid extra for priority delivery. Subsequent tickets have gone unanswered. Poor show.

julies139
12/3/16

I ordered few items with expedited shipping, it's been five days and the order is still in process. I need those item for an event seven days from today. How do I contact light in the box as there is no contact information on their website, not even live chat.

mikeg218
12/3/16

Website clearly said 3-4 day delivery time. Item not shown up and it's now the birthday of the person who it is a gift for. The company now saying it will take a week. Paid almost £12 for express delivery. Tracking number comes up as Unknown. Not happy

marianam11
12/1/16

He comprado varios vestidos y me han encantado! Muy buen precio y la calidad de los vestidos ha sido muy buena. A parte de que la entrega fue muy rapida porque utilize el servicio de envio express! Tambien me han reembolsado los impuestos de aduana. Puedo ampliamente recomendar a mas gente comprar de esta tienda en linea!!

ians81
12/1/16

When my bike was finally delivered, a month late (bearing in mind they advertise a 3 to four day delivery) I had to pay an additional import tax of £108.00. Three weeks later I receive another dumping tax of £156.00. So the bike that was supposed to cost me £218.00 has intact cost me £482.00. What a rip off. There is no way that I would have purchased the bike if I had known there would be an additional import tax charge of over more than 100% of the bike.

jessiem65
12/1/16

Took 2 payments out of PayPal now waiting for one too be returned. PayPal still pending how long does this take. I did receive my order I just want my payment back that you took for 2 orders.Give back my refund I would give 5 stars.

suek43
11/30/16

I sent back a painting that cost over $140 as they sent the wrong colour and I was told to ship it back which I did and that cost me another $35 and it's been 2 months and nothing! they just closed the case

daled29
11/30/16

Horrible customer service. Took 10 days for my order to be listed as processing...funny, they took the $ out immediately

elizabeths173
11/29/16

Ordered shoes they didn't arrive they reordered them 19the November they told me still havnt received them they have my money but I have no shoes there is no way I can get in touch with customer services because they have got rid of all my corespondence I am so angry it was the first and last time I will ever use them again

Tip for consumers: Don't risk it

jeffb179
11/29/16

Do not believe the positive reviews, probably written by the company. They hold your funds for at least 11 days before they even tell you they are "processing". then a few days later after complaints, they say they shipped, and give a fake tracking #. Complain again, a week later another BS response that they shipped with another fake tracking number. Worst company ever. What company keeps lying and issues you fake tracking numbers multiple times? Bottom line: I never received my item. I would NEVER recommend them. What good is a good buy if you never receive and spend hours writing them

vladimirl8
11/29/16

Experience shopping online for about a year. During this time, a positive experience, emerging issues are resolved quickly. Like bonus system, a lot of promotional coupons that make the purchase attractive.
My opinion - I recommend Lightinthebox to cooperate.

kaitlynh8
11/25/16

I have not recieved my package yet and I am very upset. They have not tried to contact to me. If it was going to take longer than two weeks that would have been nice. I need this for a gift. Not worth it.

helenc88
11/22/16

very poor service. Stay away. Had to chase on several occasions as the why my item was dispatched considering i paid an extra fee for insurance and delivery. On top of this, I was charge more VAT & Duty then my sister who had ordered the same handset @ a higher price. Mine cost lower yet a paid more in fee than she did. How does that work. I even paid for duty insurance. STAY AWAY from Light in the box save your time and money and order elsewhere. I believe "Gearbest" is associated with Light In the Box, stay away from these Chinese companies that offer extremely poor customer service.

dianer72
11/22/16

I ordered a wedding dress online from Light In The Box. The dress came quickly, the fabrics were acceptable based on the price I paid, and the dress was in the style shown in the photograph. There were some quality problems however which I brought to the attention of Customer Service. The representative responded promptly with several options on how to resolve the situation. Ultimately, I was pleased with the service and how quickly and easily it was to resolve issues. Online shopping can be risky, but Light In The Box stands behind its products and takes customer satisfaction very seriously,.

Diane, Canada

nievesd
11/21/16

I ordered three pairs of yoga socks, one bright pink pair finally arrived. The two black pairs I ordered have not. Written to company several times with no response. Now about 5/6 weeks. Do not recommend this company at all.

Tip for consumers: Don't

elinap2
11/15/16

I ordered two dresses from Light in the Box. I was very satisfied with the first dress which came as described and matched the pictures provided in the Light in the Box webpage.

However, I am not satisfied with the second dress I ordered as it did not include a sweep/brush train as described, but instead the dress was floor/ankle lenght also from the back. On top of this, the top on this second dress was completely see-through. I did expect the top to be see-through at the back, but not at the front as well. This did not come trough from the pictures provided in the page and it was not mentioned in description. As such, I am not able to wear the dress with a nude bra.

---

Light in the Box customer service team contacted me and offered a solution to the problem with the dress. They were very helpful and had initiative. The quality of customer service is impeccable, and in the end all turned out well.

patriciam156
11/14/16

Received the goods as promised. Good quality product. Would buy again. Highly recommend.

petat1
11/13/16

I had been looking for a reasonably priced flower girl dress in black with zero success. I found LITB online and was really skeptical due to the mixed reviews.

After watching some youtube unboxings and seeing some of the items, I decided to do a cheapish order as a test to see what the quality was like and if it was as described. I received one dress for $8 AUD for myself which was a bit meh (I mainly ordered it to see whether the sizing was right and it was) but the flower girl dress I ordered for $25 AUD was exactly as pictured and the sizing was spot on.

It does take time for orders to be processed - they make the items once ordered so it is usually about 3 weeks on top of delivery. I didn't get charged any extra duty either.

My second order was for a petticoat and the dress I was really after which was around $110 AUD. It is exactly as the pictures. The quality is amazing especially for the price and the dress is heavy. I can sew but I doubt I could make it myself for the same price as the fabric alone would have cost more.

Please note the photo of the second dress is a bit poor. I made it a bit high contrast to show the detail and the dress is straight out of the packet - unwashed, unironed.

Tip for consumers: Read the descriptions - processing time is not delivery time. A lot of items are made to order so take a few weeks to be ready. Also take into account time for items to get through customs. Do not go by your usual size - read the descriptions and go by measurements. eg in Australia I am a size 8 which is XS or S. In the LITB clothing, I am a L or XL. Don't try and change your order after you've submitted it - make sure you order it right the first time

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

303 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question