US Government’s NSF

LightInTheBox reviews

79%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ericm143
8/29/16

Ordered watch from this company on the basis that delivery stated as 3-5 business days. Now discover (after exchange of messages) that delivery will take three weeks or more. They claim to have a European warehouse which shipped the item but this plainly cannot be true as it would have been here by now. They also spun a tale about the watch having been sent by airmail in error.....again untrue. I will be out of the country for 5 months shortly and doubt if the watch will be here by the time I leave....it is no use to me lying on the doormat! Company continually fail to answer my questions about why they claim delivery takes 3-5 days when they are perfectly well aware this is not true. Asked for refund on the basis they failed to keep their side of the bargain and because they DELIBERATELY mislead me re delivery time.......no deal!!!!!

lynnc75
8/28/16

I ordered 2 Makeup Erasers on Aug 12 and still have not heard about my tracking number. The price was great but their shipping is so slow. After reading several reviews I am a bit concerned. How can I find out when I will receive this order? I need them by Aug 30. I wanted to order 60 of them as a favor/gift for a social group, but there is no way to contact the company. very disappointed!!!!!

rachaelf6
8/28/16

My issue over the wrong processing time was resolved, and they shipped my item as soon as i complained.

mikee63
8/26/16

I have been emailing these people for a week and no one has responded. The price that I was shown changes when I go to checkout..this is crazy.

andreinaf
8/26/16

SCAM . IM SURE THE BOSS IS THE DUMBEST BOSS EVER , WHY DOES THIS LIGHT ON THE BOX $#*! EVEN EXIST ? CHECK UR STUPID ASS WORKERS .

lisaj111
8/24/16

I HAVE SENT 3 REQUEST FOR HELP WITH MY SHIPMENT FOR MY WEDDING. SHOES I HAVE PAID FOR BUT GOT NO SHIPPING DETAILS. BUT THEY HAVE TAKEN MY MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND NO DETAILS. I HAVE EMAILED THEM THREE TIMES AND THEY WILL NOT HELP ME OR REPLY! VERY POOR SERVICE! I WILL NEVER ORDER AGIAN AND I WILL TELL ALL MY FRIENDS AND CUSTOMERS WHO SO BUSNIESS WITH THE SHIPPING COMPANY THAT THEY USE TO NOT USE THIS AS AWAY OF GETTING ITEMS.
THEY ASK ON HERE FOR A ID # NEVER GAVE ME ONE !!!!

gloriao9
8/24/16

Thank you for keeping your word! Very happy indeed with my purchase. Will definitely shop again. Well done guys!!!

melissad61
8/20/16

This company does not stand by their products or their word at all!!!!! I ordered 2 dresses and 1 fit while the other did not. I talked to (well I should say emailed them) and basically was told that I should have looked at the measurements before I ordered and it was my fault for not looking at them before I ordered. I did!!! They said that the measurements are there so that many different countries can order from them and they are a standard size. I then told them I did and then they came back with it was a custom size dress and therefore not returnable (I never sent them my measurements therefore I do not agree with a custom made dress). Yes the prices are good but it took way longer to ship out than they said and now they do not stand by their products. Also the dress has a tag on it that says not to cut the tag off unless I know for sure that I want to keep it. They said that doesn't matter it still cannot be returned.

Here is the order number: 1604101917651612

terryc72
8/19/16

I placed an order on 13 july to be informed the order hadn't gone through so I ordered again. In fact the order HAD gone through and they had taken my money twice. I only realised this when the item STILL hadn't arrived yesterday. I contacted them and was told the item had been delivered but been returned because there was no one home. No note was left by the courier and no e-mail or text was sent to inform me just a note left on their website which I was unaware of. The tracking page they send you to is in chinese and when translated very difficult to follow. I was then told to contact my local JCEX (their courier) office, who I had never heard of and no contact details were given. I have been told no refund is forthcoming because the item had to be returned

wendyh84
8/18/16

My daughter ordered a 30 dollar wig, for a costume, last month. We had no idea, based on website, that the wig would be coming from China. Alas, more than a month later, no wig. She needs it, today, for a convention. We have contacted Light In The Box....they gave us a tracking number that does NOT exist, with the United States Post Office.There is no way to contact the company, only an typed response, which gets a reply, over 24hrs. later, Response from 'Ivana" claims the "package has arrived in your country". No, it has not, "Ivana". I wish my daughter had more discretion when ordering items, online. This site lacks consumer integrity. I wish consumers, in North America, had more protection from these sites from overseas. Thanks, globalism! Lesson for my 17 year old? Buy North American!!!! We will never use this shady site, again. They did NOT deliver what was promised.

Tip for consumers: Check your origin of shipping, before clicking or contact site to see where they are located.

juliep69
8/18/16

This was my first time ordering from Light in the Box, and unfortunately it wasn't a good experience. Everything took a long time to arrive and the items, especially the tops were all way too small. After reading other reviews, it doesn't sound like it's even worth trying to send the things back because it will be too expensive and too much of a headache. I wish I would've researched more before ordering. Don't let the seemingly low prices fool you - this company isn't too be trusted.

johnw532
8/17/16

I received my order it does not work I am told I gotta pay for shipping back to them they will not replace the broken collar in which I sent video the day I opened it. I am told I gotta send whole thing back on my money rather then them sending me a new collar a joke been fighting 3 days now just a generic response... go elsewhere where they send working products and replace when broken this site a joke

carolh105
8/16/16

My Order was sent, from Lightinthebox, but the Postal Company from my country sent it to the wrong address, (which was not the fault from Lightinthebox) the lady from the wrong address contacted me and said that unfortunately her dogs have destroyed my parcel, but she managed to see my phone number on the parcel......i contacted my Postal company and they told me to get in contact with the seller, which i did ....and Lightinthebox have said no worries they will send me out another order on an even faster delivery, they have replied to every email that i have sent them.. and although i have not received my order yet i was so grateful that they have done this for me, so with saying that i believe they are an understanding company and i would buy from them again...i will keep you posted as to when my order arrives..x

Tip for consumers: KEEP CLEAR....FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

michaelt158
8/13/16

I'm actually writing a review here as someone from their site seems to answer your questions here. The date my order was supposed to have arrived by has long past and every time I try to email them to enquire about this their return email is basically blank.

kjp1
8/11/16

I bought some "GEL" nail polish from these folks. My order took 6 weeks to arrive, which was rediculous! When it finally arrived, I tried it. The nail polish was like colored water, not "gelish" at all. Waiting for it to dry, after 10 minutes, still wet as water, 20 minutes still wet as water, 30 minutes still wet!! Do not buy from this site, they don't care how long it takes for you to get your merchandise. The "GEL" nail polish is not gel, just colored water that never dries. They didn't say on their page how long it would take to receive my order. Made a bad review on theri page, and of course they removed it

KJ

celindac
8/10/16

Even before placing my purchase trying to contact them was near impossible. I still have yet to contact them but because I really wanted the dresses I bought for my wedding I still placed my order with EXTREME sceptisim. I went through a third party when placing my order because I trust them that much. I just really hope I don't regret that decision.

jaimem33
8/8/16

I ordered three eyeshadow palettes from the "Light in the box" app and I have not received my package. This is not the problem to me because I know that these apps typically take 20-40 days to ship items so I know what to expect. What I didn't expect was to look at the tracking number to discover that it says my package was delivered in the completely wrong country. The customer service is terrible so I don't expect anything to come from this but I just want any prospecting buyers to beware. I neglected to educate myself about just how terrible this company is

sheilaw36
8/8/16

Bought $61 worth of tops.Very weird sizes. I wear a 12 or 14 top (large or extra large). So the biggest size they have is 3X. According to their charts, my measurements. (I've never worn bigger than a XL!) So I get them and they are all so small they don't even go over my boobs! Tried to return them and they said the postage to return them would be nearly the price of the products. I'd get >50 to $1.00 per item back. so they say, just give them away. It would be more cost effective. So beware of buying from them. If you aren't a size 10 or smaller, they probably won't fit, and you will be out the money. My daughter ordered a dress from them. The zipper only went up half way and got stuck. Same situation. Pay a fortune to return it even though it was defective! Getting to the refund site is nearly impossible, too. And they only let you do one item at a time, even if you want to return the whole shipment!

conniet22
8/7/16

Bulk bought 150 rear bike lights and 72 of them didn't work. At £1+ per light, this certainly isn't cheap compared to other sites, so I was extremely disappointed. Clearly there is something wrong with the product, so I created a 'ticket' to get in contact with customer services to try and get things resolved.

They advise me to send the ones that don't work back so I can get a refund for the ones that don't work only. So I have to pay for postage to Poland, which I think is very unfair, seen as almost 50% of the products I bought are faulty. Something which is not my fault. I also wont be getting my refund for weeks.

They tell me: write down the order number and RMA code on the front and inside the package. Ok fine - but they gave me 72 individual, non-sequential codes to write for each individual faulty bike light.

I feel this was a way to deter me from sending the faulty items back and getting a refund. Seriously shocking, unfair and unhelpful customer service.

After replying explaining that there isn't enough room to write all 72 codes, and frankly this is something I don't wish to do anyway, they THEN choose tell me I can write only 2 if I want.

Also, their ticket responses had sarcastic undertones. I feel like I've been done over.

************

Would like to add that a customer service representative got in touch with me after seeing this review and is in the process of refunding both my postage payments and for the faulty bike lights. Will update when the refund has been received.

nanh4
8/6/16

This is my final of three reviews for Light in the Box. My first review incorrectly claimed it to be a sham operation. As soon as that review was posted, a representative from Light in the Box wrote to me, quickly resolving my conflicts in a very satisfactory way. I have increased my rating from one to three and now four stars, because of the excellent customer service I have received. I believe that the quality of a company is usually directly related to their customer service.

The fifth star is missing for three reasons future customers ought to be aware of:

1) This company is located in China - therefore telephone communication is not available. It's a little complicated, but you can reach them by following the directions provided here: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html - you will need your ticket (or order) number. You should probably receive a response within a 24-hour period - 48 hours if there is a holiday. If you are not able to understand the directions of how to reach their customer service, you could probably reach them through this site, since they check it regularly. Be sure to include your order number in your correspondence.

2) Because they are located in China, you will need to allow extra time for the products you order to arrive at your door.

3) I ordered clothes and was disappointed that our U.S. sizes do not correlate with China's sizes. The items of clothing I received were about 8 sizes smaller than what I anticipated receiving.

There really is a human being that you can communicate with regarding your orders, and she speaks excellent English.

I am very impressed with this Site Jabber. I was venting when I first wrote, never thinking for a moment that anyone would read what I'd written. And so I must compliment this site - it really provides an excellent service!

raem8
8/5/16

I ordered wedding favours from this company. They arrived and how disappointing. What I ordered were 36 delicate little tins, champagne ribbon and champagne vintage flowers . What I got was bent tins, yellow ribbon and all the tins had squashed flowers( not the same colour as advertised )Goodbye $90AUD. I can't believe the quality of the product , it is extremely poor none of the lids fit the tins and the ribbon and flowers on top look cheap & gaudy!. Really disappointed with the product, it's companies like this that give internet buying a bad name. Ive sent in a request to return the goods but from all the reviews I read (should have done it before I wasted my money) I don't expect much of a response.

Tip for consumers: My tip would be don't

richards252
8/5/16

They beat all the prices of every online business so stay with the top!
'IN ThE BOX'

minseonj
8/5/16

I rated two of their product 3stars, 4stars(actually not bad rating, it is not 1star at least) and they took out my honest review on the product such as "this dress makes you look fatter if you have bigger chest, since it is A shape dress" . I asked them to put my review back into the product page but they ignored my request.

annar100
8/5/16

Ordered plimsoles exactly following the guide on site.
Acknowledgement of order took two weeks.
Order arrived over a month later. Shoes far too small.
They would not refund full price despite their error. Problem exasperated by their lack of communication to my inbox, they only communicate via their website so you have to log on to check for responses.
Dire service and ripped off.

jonnab
8/4/16

Custom ordered a CHIFFON wedding gown. I received a gown that was made from a heavy polyester material. The gown was advertised as being CHIFFON and Advertised in the beach wedding gown section. The company refused to refund. Stating the gown was a custom order. Yes it was a custom order HOWEVER the company did NOT send me the gown they advertised

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

270 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 day ago
Answer
lightintheboxf
A: Dear Customer, thank you so much for your inquiry. Please kindly send email to am@dropinthebox.com and we have account manager to take care it.
1 day ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
3 days ago
Answer
lightintheboxf
A: Hi, the material of the fabric will be shown in the product details. Each item could have different fabric. Thanks for your inquiry.
2 days ago