US Government’s NSF

LightInTheBox reviews

77%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

johnk352
1/19/17

Overall the goods themselves are fairly good quality

My biggest criticism is the sizes that are available for Men's &/or Women's clothing. The items seem to come mainly (maybe 100%, I don't know) from Hong Kong/China and all seem to be designed to fit the Asian body not Western body shape eg X-Large underwear for men will often be 80 cm (31")!

When of if you find the need to lodge a complaint, they will make an effort to solve the matter to, at least, a reasonable solution.

Don't try to ask any Q&A though, the staff responsible for replying seem to know less about the product/s than you have figured out by reading the PC screen. Standard auto-reply or read from a clipboard.

Keep an eye on the cost of postage as because, if you live outside of the US, the costs are per item in the checkout not the nett weight - even lingerie from same supplier. This was the subject of my complaint to LightInTheBox, however it was eventually solved in a sort of reasonably satisfactory manner. (Was given rewards, but must spend more to receive the rewards - still questioning to myself whether to throw good money after bad!?!)

Tip for consumers: If you're a large size body - men's or women's - then you may be disappointed. Watch postage costs if you are ordering outside USA.

tomk110

Hello People!
I writing this opinion to warn people to shopping in LIGHTINTHEBOX.COM
I buy car radio for my car with shipping by DHL, becouse I fast want this radio

It was supposed to be a gift for my dad, who has less than a week's birthday. Unfortunately, this shop without any information canceled my order without any information / email. Now I have a huge problem because the money back to me to account for 2 weeks (a very long bowls of return), and it will be too late already, so I have a huge problem. I do not have any money to buy another radio. NOW PROMOTION IS OVER SO I COUDN'T BUY IT!!!
Watch out for THIS SHOP !! BECAUSE IT CAN CAUSE A BIG PROBLEM FOR YOU !LOOSE TIME AND MONEY !!!! SHOP IS DISSIPOINTING!

davidh458
1/19/17

I bought a phone from LITB back in Aug 2016,everything went fine,delivered to my door in four days,duty tax repaid to me as I had paid for. That was my first purchase on LITB and I thought "wow,what a company,so friendly and efficient,definitely shopping here again!" Fast forward to Dec 2016 and my phone goes for a swim in the toilet (a certain five year old shall remain unnamed),so I decide I'll buy another from LITB,no reason not to! Yeah right!! That was Dec 23rd,it is now Jan 19th and still no phone!! I didn't mind a slight delay as it was the Xmas period. So I contacted them via a ticket (so frustrating waiting for a reply 24hrs later!). When they got back to me they told me that the phone I ordered was in such high demand that they couldn't keep up and there would be a slight delay,and that mine would be shipped out "NO LATER THAN 14TH JAN 2017",did I mention it's now the 19th? Still no phone. Yesterday I got the same high demand yada yada yada from customer service,and that I will know what's happening in 3-4 working days,nice!!! I must point out that they have given me rewards as compensation,but I must SPEND in order to receive said rewards! Look! As I said,I have had a good experience with LITB,now I'm going through this,and it is awful!! Make up your own mind. Customer services member Fabio has resolved my problem.

janer72
1/18/17

Placed an order on 1/9/17, paid for expedited shipping (3-5 days). It is now 1/18/17.... no package, no phone number to call company, website would not accept my password, requested new password, didn't work. Spent over an hour trying to figure out how I can get help and an answer as to where the package is. Website is not user friendly!! After reading all the other negative reviews I guess I will be kissing $30 goodbye. Do NOT buy from this company!!!

miriamh10
1/16/17

To all who wish to order on this website,

My experience ordering on this website is too much to bear. My order never came through. They said it was shipped but the matter of the fact, it never shipped at all. There is no direct contact this online website, even its hard to see how you contact them. I keep urging them to refund what I paid. Eventually they did after 2 months!
This website is good as scammers! Items are NOT REAL.

davidk276
1/15/17

I ordered a torch for my brother for Christmas and paid for expedited delivery 5-8 business which meant it should have arrived by 21st December. It still hasn't come. When I asked for an explanation I received generic messages from customer service advisers who didn't care and didn't even read my requests or maybe didn't understand due to being based in China (not an excuse). I've sent 6 messages to them and have been completely ripped off. My request for a full refund has been completely ignored on two occasions.Instead they refunded the postage costs as a vohcher to use on the website which ai find laughable as I have no intention to use them again. Their tracking system is awful and tells you nothing but it has left China (it's said that for 6 weeks) even though I paid extra for tracking.

amandac152
1/13/17

So I wrote a review before about finding out where the hell my replacement items were. Fabio puts a response that he will help me. I reply to the ticket and once again let them know I returned "2 medium shirts and want them replaced with a 2 LARGE shirts." I originally did 2 tickets on 12/22/16 to replace both items I purchased. Lightinthebox customer service replied to one of my tickets saying to avoid confusion they were closing the 1 ticket and to do the return on the other ticket. So I go to UPS and pay another $12.00 to ship these two shirts to Reno. Now Fabio emails me again and says "I see you said both, did you return two items or one like this ticket shows". Lucky for me I have Snipping Tool on my computer and could send pictures of the emails they sent me saying use only 1 ticket. Plus a picture of my original two tickets I set up. It is now 1/19/2017. They received my return on 1/6/17 and it was signed for. Still getting the run around. I have now paid $61.98 for two $18.99 shirts. And I still don't have my LARGE replacements. NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nancym155
1/12/17

I bought an item 12/3 for Christmas with a "6-9 Business day delivery". Not only did they not deliver by Christmas, but they claim that my item was delivered and will not refund. I have NEVER received the package. They told me to call the USPS, but the USPS IVR said that this package was not trackable and there was no insurance. Luckily I am out less than $10, but I learned my lesson - do not buy from them!

jillf3
1/12/17

Wrote 2 emails they never answered !
STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY..
THEY ARE BAD NEWS !!
(WHAT I ORDERED WAS A WATCH WITH A MAP ON IT)

kirstyp5
1/12/17

I would give zero stars if possible. Avoid this company at all costs. I ordered a drone for my son for Christmas which quite clearly stated on their website that it included a camera. Upon opening on christmas day it soon became apparent that the camera was non-existent on the item. I contacted them via their customer service page on the website and they admitted that the camera was missing and that they would send me the correct item. The replacement was received and was exactly the same item that they had originally sent. Having sent numerous messages to them and provided numerous different photos of the item and bar codes etc they are now trying to tell me that I have to wait until they have spoken to their supplier to understand the issue before they are prepared to resolve this matter. They are falsely advertising goods on their website and sending out incorrect items yet don't give a damn!! Complete lack of responsible customer service. If you realise you are falsely advertising and delivering incorrect products, you should refund your customer without any argument. The same item is still being advertised and sold on their website without any amendments while they supposedly "resolve" this issue with their supplier. They also simply delete any questions you are able to post on the website to query any problems with items. Absolute disgrace - this place should be shut down

jacelienw
1/11/17

There were some problems with import tax, but lightinthebox were willing to refund the tax monies. Which were quickly recredited to my account!

I must come back and say that- Pinni is willing to refund the monies after reconsideration. So it does make their after sales services very good!

kayleyt
1/11/17

In December 2016, I ordered two dresses and two coats from light in the box. The dresses were made from very cheap, thin materials that were falsely advertised. One even had a pattern on it that was not on the picture. The coats have shoulders too small to be worn (yet I ordered the correct size for every other company in Europe.) When the package arrived I was charged 35 for shipping (on top of the shipping cost when I paid for the items.) This was absolutely terrible, avoid at all costs.

christiec13
1/10/17

Hello there on January 7, 2017 I chose to place an order of sale items. I purchased 5 items (dresses) and on three of them it stated in yellow "ships in 24 hours". After paying the following day I got a confirmation saying it would be mailed on February 22nd, so this then started my correspondence with Light in the Box. They do respond quickly however after being told on Jan. 9th it would be 27 to 30 days before shipping out because as they put in the email "the shipping date is dependent on the item that requires the longest processing" I chose to cancel my order, are they not wanting to honor their statement because of shipping costs? May be you should order each item individually?? it'll be interesting to see how quickly they respond to that request. Not happy

janiellet
1/9/17

UPDATE:
My decision to change the rating from 1 to 4 stars is because customer service
yesterday contacted to say they were willing to refund the full cost of the
headphones immediately including shipping if I change the review to show their
amazing service has resolved the case.
No hassle, no return. Although I am extremely pleased that I've finally received
decent communication from someone that is helpful, I'm still annoyed that it took
so much time and effort. My experience with an actual human being (!) through
a customer service ticket was positive, definitely better than the service that I had
received before.
Even though, this process took a long time I have been told that they will contact
their supplier to let them know of the product quality. Hopefully they'll listen and so
I (or anyone else) has to go through this. My advice to a potential buyer is to
ensure that they research information for product they want to buy off this site and
don't just read reviews.

ORIGINAL:
I ordered a pair of headphones on 15 December, 2016. They said it would take 8-10 business days to arrive which means it should have arrived by the 29th at latest. When I checked on the 4th of January, they hadn't even arrived in Canada. They didn't get here until today. (9 January, 2017)

I tried contacting customer service but they have no phone number. First red flag. I opened a ticket asking what's going on with my order and they responded the next day to say that it has been resolved. The link they sent in the email led to a page that said 'you have no orders' (!). I had to make 3 inquiries about the item on its listing before anyone responded. All they said was to go to my account and look under My Orders. Obviously they weren't paying attention when I told them that no order is showing, yet my $30.45 has been paid to..........someone.

When I finally received the headphones, (2 weeks too late to give as a Christmas gift) they are cheaply made and play a loud Asian lady's voice every time you choose a function, turn it off, turn it on, etc.

TL;DR
You're probably reading this and other reviews because you're unsure about this site. I know their prices are very attractive and it looks legitimate, but don't waste your time with them. It's going to cost you precious time trying to get help with whatever they screwed up and possibly whatever you paid for it.

There are a few good reviews that say they've had no problem with this site and if you're tempted to listen to them and think the bad ones must be rare, it's up to you man. But the first thing you see is often worth noting.
Tip: never trust any company without a customer service phone number.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

joshuaj34
1/5/17

Had ordered for something 28th November,2016 and haven't received it yet. When I asked them for a refund and they keep sending the same mail about being sorry and refunding the shipping fee so that we can use it on another purchase which is again another scam of getting more money in......Why doesn't anyone read these reviews and do something about this website???

marcink6
1/5/17

I ordered robotic vacuum hoover and magic cleaner. It supposed to arrive after 5 days as stated on the order. Never get the items. After a month I've been informed they are out of stock and they offered me vouchers only. They don't want to refund what I paid. They've stolen the money I paid!

celinac1
1/4/17

Never got a package after nearly 2 months for a package that never came they finally put my money back

gregoryw28
1/4/17

I paid $264 to wait for almost a month to receive 3 paintings. It was supposed to be shipped and arrived at my place within 5-8 business days. It didn't even ship until day 7 and from china. I live in colorado, so it wasn't going to arrive from china in 1 day. When i complained they said that it would be here by the fourth of january Well it's the fourth of january today and its not even in the united states yet. When i complained and told them to cancel my order and give me my money back, they completely ignored my demand to return my money to me. So now i'm looking forward to either dealing with dumbass inconsiderate customer service people and or settling this with a lawsuit because they are ignoring my demand to give me my money back.

NEVER USE THIS COMPANY.

karb7
1/4/17

Please think twice about buying from this site. VERY DISHONEST- BLATANTLY LIED ABOUT SHIPPING TIME. The listing for my item said processing 24 hours, delivery 5-8 days. I ordered on Dec 7 so 3 weeks before Christmas. Received a standard reply after complaint to say it had been dispatched on Dec 31 and to be patient! Further emails have resulted in silence. Had I known it wasn't going to be sent 'priority' but on a slow boat, I could have bought it on eBay for one quarter of the price where sellers were at least honest it would be sent economy and take 30 days. Would never buy from them again.

tamikag1
1/3/17

Ordered my thing 2 weeks before xmas and still haven't received my package... I asked for a refund. Still yet to receive anything.. Don't trust d them at all. Period. Don't pay for anything...SCAM. SCAM...

mikeb332
1/3/17

I get an update every now and then which has proven to be incredibly unhelpful. Here's the translated update info which seems to suggest it's been sent to Heathrow multiple times in the past month. Not sure I'll ever see my bike lights - really should have checked which country I was ordering from!
2017-01-03 23:49

Suzhou city, leave sent to London's Heathrow airport hub city, Suzhou city (transit)
2017-01-03 18:28

2016-12-28 18:13

2016-12-22 18:48

2016-12-12 19:39

2016-11-18 15:53

Suzhou, Suzhou international conservation area get to vote has been received

margm1
1/2/17

I had decided to try and order something from Lightinthebox.com despite some reservations about ordering from China. I ordered a $70 dollar item and hoped for the best. I have to say that the item I received was exactly as pictured, good quality and I am quite happy with my purchase. Quite honestly I didn't expect the shipping time to be as promised, but it definitely arrived with a 2 week period and I was able to track the package with the number I had. I did express some concern about if it would really come and the customer service rep Fabio, contacted me regularly and even credited some money back to my paypal account without me asking for any compensation. I ordered from the USA, received my package within 2 weeks, had good customer service and my daughter is happy with the surprise item I ordered her...I realize this review seems to be in contrast to others on this company, but I was happy with my experience with this company. My only hint would be with sizing-I did order my daughter a large on a fur vest where I would probably order a medium and it worked out perfect. I do think that the Asian sizing does run small.

richc39
1/1/17

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE Horrible experience Wish I had looked at reviews before ordering from this piece of crap company. Order never came. They refused to address the issue All you get is a computer generated letter saying it will be there in a week. BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE

rosemarieh4
12/31/16

If I could have given them a 0 star, I would have. I placed an order on December 8th, it was debited to my card & supposedly shipped on the 14th with an expected delivery date if the 22nd. When I didn't receive it, I looked for a customer service number to call. SURPRISE! No number. The only way to communicate was to put a "ticket" in. Which I did. The response I received was a tracking number (which was bogus) and an apology because they said they've mailed it to the wrong address. When I checked my order the address that they supposedly shipped it to was correct! They said if I didn't receive my package by January 27 to put another ticket in. This is a bogus website do yourself a favor and stay off of it !!

alext80
12/30/16

I had same experience from LITB, the order item on 20/12 is never turn up to date. Defer and defer the delivery. End up to the supervisor, they stop the games and said, if I refuse the items when it arrived, when it come back to them, they will give me full refund. No solution and report to bank for a scam

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

310 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question