US Government’s NSF

LightInTheBox reviews

79%
Beijing, China 100015, China
feedback@lightinthebox.com
Halloween Sale! Up to 90% Off & Free Shipping!
Visit Us

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

maritzav
9/27/16

This is a awful business, they do not listen or write back, the sizes are too small. I am still waiting after 2 months and have not received anything or my money back. This is awful. 4 pairs of shoes and still waiting.

Tip for consumers: awful never received the products

scottb168
9/27/16

I placed a order on 24/09/16 and paid extra for tax a shipping the next day I received a message from Dhl requesting a £22 payment to cover the import tax. What is the and what was the extra payment I made to cover this. I have emailed the company and sunrise suprise I have had no reply! Never again new the offer was to go to be true!!!!!

laurap108
9/26/16

Ordered 4 bridesmaids dresses in different colours and sizes.

When they arrived I received a text message to let me know that in order to collect my dresses I would need to pay £119 in VAT on top of the 300+ pounds I had already spent on the dresses.
I did get offered a refund but that was 3 weeks ago and have still not had the money in my account.

I decided the dresses were not for us and they were longer in real life and one of the colours wasn't very nice. As stated on the website, I asked to return them before the 30 day return policy was up.
I was then told that I could not return them as they were hand made. These dresses were made in standard sizes and so could be worn by someone else. I asked to complain but was just ignores by a string of apologies. I have wasted over 500 pound on this website for nothing .

sophieh26
9/22/16

I placed an order last week for a pair of wedding shoes, then decided I didn't need it. I emailed yesterday morning to cancel and then received an email today to say it had been shipped. I then received a text message from DHL to say I need to pay £18 for delivery costs. This was not mentioned anywhere on the website and I don't even want the order. No one has replied within the 24 hours they claim on the website. I regret ordering from the website already.

altafp
9/22/16

Hi After review, received quick after service and happy with the response from Supervisor, Offered full refund and looking forward to received refund

The worst online experience I've ever had and I've been shopping online for over a decade. So called "processing" period on their site was horrifically incorrect or just intentionally misleading, it said 5 to 8 days from shipping date, item received after 20 days and not on my address, it was drop to 5 house from mine. Neighbour drop us to me.
Open the case, again lies after lies from customer services, I clearly states to them, i order this item as some from abroad here and they wants to take with them. due to postal delay person left the country. Customer service offer £10.00 discount, if i keep the item and i said i need in my account in paypal so i can send it to rightful owner. They agreed and said if you keep the item they will do it. instead i received £2.46 in my lightinbox reward account and i need to purchase some thing double of the amount.

Overall big tie liar, really stress me out. Please avoid this liar and fraud.

Tip for consumers: Please Avoid at all Cost, I know you will be drawn in by the really low prices but all these negative reviews are here for a reason....

lado33
9/22/16

I made an order since the 26 of august and according them it was mailed on the 29th of august. I ordered for my wedding veil and tiara ...On the 22nd sep i got a mail that the order is missing and another one would be shipped. My wedding is on the 12th of oct i still dont have my veil and tiara......this company should be avoided......its a scam company

rosemaryg8
9/21/16

I would like to thank Light In The Box for their excellent Customer service.
I cancelled an order because the time scale was too tight and asked for my money back. I was promised my money back within four days and indeed I received it with no hassle or argument at all.
I will deal with this company again it was just I needed the outfit for my daughter's wedding and was afraid it would not come in time.

catherinek21
9/21/16

The worst online experience I've ever had and I've been shopping online for over a decade. So called "processing" period on their site was horrifically incorrect or just intentionally misleading, it said 1 to 4 days before shipping and after 8 days it still want shipped and I was then told I would have to wait another 8 days for more of this "processing"

I think they have no stock and are dropshiping or something, whatever it is, I have had to open a Paypal case because their completely horrific customer service team who only answer in copy and pasted rubbish are now telling me a Paypal refund needs up to 5 days to process. I work for an online retailer and we process these all the time, they are instant. Avoid this company like the plague for your own good.

joanm34
9/17/16

After spending thousands of dollars with these people and making a complaint recently, all of a sudden there's an issue with Custom Duties. Seriously? So tired of the back and forth and getting nowhere. They're oh so efficient at taking your money however. Funny how it all only happened after I complained about a non sent item and their ridiculous rewards and credit policy.Seriously, I could cry I'm so upset. My items are stuck who knows where and meanwhile I'm out dollars and the customer service officer is arrogant and dismissive! They've marked both order complaints RESOLVED when they are anything BUT!

Ticket 13397264
Ticket 13397246

louiseh42
9/15/16

Taken full payment £50 not received the item. Contacted customer service no reply. Had to start a claim via PayPal cops my still no replying.

rebecar3
9/15/16

I cancelled my order before it was even package about a month ago. They haven't returned money and they took more money from me

danielles86
9/13/16

This is the third time I'm writing my review and now changing it from a 3 back to a 1 because they just wrote me and offered me money if I changed my review!!! Enough said! But, I will post what I had previously written:

I had written another scathing review. Amazingly enough, as soon as I wrote that review my ticket was answered that I had opened for my order. If you need answers this site apparently is a great way to get their attention. I would give SiteJabber 5 stars if I could. :) I had also paid with paypal because the LightInTheBox seemed a little too good to be true and opened a ticket through them as well. I began with a one star for this company because it appeared as though nothing was coming. As soon as I got their attention, all of a sudden my package "reappeared" and was put on a truck. While I appreciate that this was not a total scam, and Penni did respond me, I would note that items do not come in the time guaranteed. I was told on DHL's end that even though I had paid for a certain shipping I was actually given the lowest possible and they were allowed to take their time putting my shipment on the truck. Also, the items are cheap, you get what you pay for, and mine came completely unsewn in parts. I need to use this pack for a trip in two days so it's a good thing that I know how to sew and will be doing that this evening. I would not buy from them again. If you do, you take your chances.

yasmined3
9/10/16

I placed an order with lightinthebox and I have chosen the 10-18 days delivery with"tracking" option. The order was divided on two shipments, one shall be delivered by china post the other with aramex.
1. The site didn't reveal a tracking number of Aramex shipment to be able to track it.
2. I was surprised with aramex courier after less than the expected delivery period with the shipment and a bill higher than what I paid for the whole order. Why ??
A. Lightinthebox didn't send an invoice, that is the base of customes, duties and tax calculation. Accordingly to this mistake, the authority estimated a price which is higher than double the cost. And wrongfully calculated everything
B. Aramex charged me "customes clearance fees, values almost 70% of the cost, lightinthebox didn't clarify that aramex are taking more the "shipping fees".
3. Communicating with aramex, they said lightinthebox will refund all customs, taxes and duties back to me. What actually happened is that they promised to refund half of the duties bill incase I made another order with double the amount! !
4. Lightinyhebox Customer service feels like one way discussion, they don't listen/comprehend.
5. No news about shipment #1 so far
Bottom line, I didn't recieve anything yet, and I am forced either to take it; and pay money for their mistake, or leave it and lose what I have paid !!! And they expect me to submit another order with double the value! !
Waste of time and money. .

amandas168
9/8/16

I ordered 2 dresses 3 weeks in advance of when I needed it, which I figured was enough time to make standard sizes and ship - it was not. I had to wait a week for the order to even start processing and then when they finally posted an estimated SHIP date - not even an arrival date - it was 3 weeks out.

No where on the dress page or checkout did it say 3+ weeks for shipping - if it had then I would have not ordered the dress.

Needless to say they have a 24 hour cancellation policy, which I was informed about in a STOCK email message responding to my cancellation.

I am suppose to only get back 50% of my purchase. For all I know they didn't even start making the dresses and it cost them nothing. I think they should post this information more up front or at LEAST provide an estimated ship date when purchasing. Terrible customer service and company. I would never recommend them to anyone.

Tip for consumers: After submitting this review, I was contacted by someone and received a more detailed explanation as to what had been done for my dresses as well as a full refund.

tarag18
9/1/16

What I was delivered had a HOLE in it so I submitted for a return. They are going to make me pay for the return shipping when it is their faulty product. The customer service was terrible and not helpful at all. The product is the CHEAPEST material I have ever seen!!

ericm143
8/29/16

First ordered from this company several weeks ago. After delivery promises not kept, placed a review on here which eventually helped resolve matters. Decided to give them another chance and placed order on 15 Sept. Processing time given as 4 days but have now been told dispatch will not be until 29 September at the earliest. Have told them this is not acceptable but.....no reply to request for cancellation of order and full refund. Clearly goods coming from China and not European warehouse. Do ot believe anything it says on website re delivery etc....they will claim quick service but do not keep promises. I WILL NEVER ORDER AGAIN....LESSON LEARNED.

lynnc75
8/28/16

I ordered 2 Makeup Erasers on Aug 12 and still have not heard about my tracking number. The price was great but their shipping is so slow. After reading several reviews I am a bit concerned. How can I find out when I will receive this order? I need them by Aug 30. I wanted to order 60 of them as a favor/gift for a social group, but there is no way to contact the company. very disappointed!!!!!

rachaelf6
8/28/16

Don't buy from them

andreinaf
8/26/16

SCAM . IM SURE THE BOSS IS THE DUMBEST BOSS EVER , WHY DOES THIS LIGHT ON THE BOX $#*! EVEN EXIST ? CHECK UR STUPID ASS WORKERS .

lisaj111
8/24/16

I HAVE SENT 3 REQUEST FOR HELP WITH MY SHIPMENT FOR MY WEDDING. SHOES I HAVE PAID FOR BUT GOT NO SHIPPING DETAILS. BUT THEY HAVE TAKEN MY MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUNT AND NO DETAILS. I HAVE EMAILED THEM THREE TIMES AND THEY WILL NOT HELP ME OR REPLY! VERY POOR SERVICE! I WILL NEVER ORDER AGIAN AND I WILL TELL ALL MY FRIENDS AND CUSTOMERS WHO SO BUSNIESS WITH THE SHIPPING COMPANY THAT THEY USE TO NOT USE THIS AS AWAY OF GETTING ITEMS.
THEY ASK ON HERE FOR A ID # NEVER GAVE ME ONE !!!!

gloriao9
8/24/16

Thank you for keeping your word! Very happy indeed with my purchase. Will definitely shop again. Well done guys!!!

melissad61
8/20/16

This company does not stand by their products or their word at all!!!!! I ordered 2 dresses and 1 fit while the other did not. I talked to (well I should say emailed them) and basically was told that I should have looked at the measurements before I ordered and it was my fault for not looking at them before I ordered. I did!!! They said that the measurements are there so that many different countries can order from them and they are a standard size. I then told them I did and then they came back with it was a custom size dress and therefore not returnable (I never sent them my measurements therefore I do not agree with a custom made dress). Yes the prices are good but it took way longer to ship out than they said and now they do not stand by their products. Also the dress has a tag on it that says not to cut the tag off unless I know for sure that I want to keep it. They said that doesn't matter it still cannot be returned.

Here is the order number: 1604101917651612

terryc72
8/19/16

I placed an order on 13 july to be informed the order hadn't gone through so I ordered again. In fact the order HAD gone through and they had taken my money twice. I only realised this when the item STILL hadn't arrived yesterday. I contacted them and was told the item had been delivered but been returned because there was no one home. No note was left by the courier and no e-mail or text was sent to inform me just a note left on their website which I was unaware of. The tracking page they send you to is in chinese and when translated very difficult to follow. I was then told to contact my local JCEX (their courier) office, who I had never heard of and no contact details were given. I have been told no refund is forthcoming because the item had to be returned

wendyh84
8/18/16

My daughter ordered a 30 dollar wig, for a costume, last month. We had no idea, based on website, that the wig would be coming from China. Alas, more than a month later, no wig. She needs it, today, for a convention. We have contacted Light In The Box....they gave us a tracking number that does NOT exist, with the United States Post Office.There is no way to contact the company, only an typed response, which gets a reply, over 24hrs. later, Response from 'Ivana" claims the "package has arrived in your country". No, it has not, "Ivana". I wish my daughter had more discretion when ordering items, online. This site lacks consumer integrity. I wish consumers, in North America, had more protection from these sites from overseas. Thanks, globalism! Lesson for my 17 year old? Buy North American!!!! We will never use this shady site, again. They did NOT deliver what was promised.

Tip for consumers: Check your origin of shipping, before clicking or contact site to see where they are located.

juliep69
8/18/16

This was my first time ordering from Light in the Box, and unfortunately it wasn't a good experience. Everything took a long time to arrive and the items, especially the tops were all way too small. After reading other reviews, it doesn't sound like it's even worth trying to send the things back because it will be too expensive and too much of a headache. I wish I would've researched more before ordering. Don't let the seemingly low prices fool you - this company isn't too be trusted.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

276 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the LightInTheBox staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 days ago
Answer
lightintheboxf
A: will you please provide us your order number so we may check it for you? Or, you may log in your account and submit a ticket to contact our customer service dept. Here is how you can contact customer service: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html
2 hours ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
3 days ago
Answer
lightintheboxf
A: To contact customer service, you may log in your account and submit a ticket to contact our customer service dept. Here is how you can contact customer service: http://www.lightinthebox.com/knowledge-base/c1192/a2974.html
2 hours ago