Review of Instacart

Tel: 1645605963857
shoppers@instacart.com

bethl48
9/22/17

I used this service once during Hurricane Irma at Publix. All items were out of stock so I cancelled the order ($25.00). I look at my card later and they charged my credit card anyway.
two weeks later I see a charge for $149.00 on the same card from Instacart San Francisco and I have not used that service, only one time.
Either they are thieves or they have a horrible security set up. Someone charged my card for groceries and they just let it go through.
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE> Once they get a hold of your CC # you are in trouble

remyw1
9/21/17

When I got back from taking care of my dying grandmother I was too emotionally exhausted to go to the supermarket, so I turned to Instacart. I had heard great things and had a pretty good experience since I began using it a year ago. However, over the last month/month & a half, things have rapidly started going downhill. Items are replaced when I requested them to be refunded, items are missing that I was charged for, and items I requested mysteriously disappear from the order after it is placed. I tried to be forgiving--things happen and Instacart is so convenient, but with these problems repeating themselves order after order I'm not sure how much longer I am willing to stand for it.

tammys113
9/20/17

I have used this company 2 prior, inconsistent and don't deliver in an hour. They charge to much and won't last if they can not keep up with the demand. I went to place my order at 7:40 pm told me I have to wait till 10am next day. Why wouldn't I just use Amazon fresh than?! You aren't going to get my business again!

lm125
9/18/17

Awful, horrible, and totally ridiculous!!! Buyer beware. You have been warned. Instacart in theory is a great idea. However, to put it bluntly, they do not have the ability to execute it, which is a shame. If you are looking for a pleasant hassle-free delivery experience, then you just might want to keep looking and try another delivery service. Instacart is not the company for you!

cynthiab110
9/18/17

I had so many swapped items and never got what I wanted! There is no point in paying for food that you didn't want! Try Amazon Fresh there is no bait and switch!

ld92
9/18/17

I used to love ordering from Instacart back in the day when they were still a new, eager, bright-eyed company willing to work hard to prove itself and delivered your groceries in nice reusable canvas bags. Years later after being an avid user/member, I've become increasingly disappointed with how the company's been changing and have slowly been shifting to other services.

Since they split up drivers/shoppers, it's been even worse! It's evident when shoppers are careless or just being incredibly lazy (come on, you have ONE job, so please do it correctly), and I've had to digitally (via chat) direct them to where the item is in the store that they initially marked as "out of stock" only to be found via my directions (aka LOOK HARDER). Other times, they would substitute in items when I requested a refund, or choose produce that have obviously gone bad. Nowadays, I'm more shocked when an order actually comes in mistake-free. Most of the time, I need to get credit for all the items they got wrong (the redeliver option is a JOKE if you need an item that moment you requested the groceries - you'll most likely get it the next day). Oh former instacart, where have you gone?

lt82
9/18/17

I thought it was strange that they swapped one dish soap brand I chose (at Costco) for another, the other being twice the price. The dish soap I chose was NOT out of stock at Costco. Lots of other comments say something similar - that more expensive items were swapped w/o reason. I hadn't heard of Instacart....was given a gift certificate which I used to get cleaning, personal, pet, and paper goods. I prefer to get my own food items. Instacart can be convenient to use on occasion - if you have a broken arm/leg or the flu. I wouldn't write them off completely, but (in my opinion) it's not cost effective for the average person who can drive to the store and do their own grocery shopping. The only thing saved is time.

mikem555
9/17/17

Instacart does NOT have its act together. You don't get one single delivery, but as many as five separate deliveries if that's the total number of stores you ordered from. Very inconvenient. Book keeping is screwy. They put a hold on your account in the form of an actual deduction, and in my case, a refund was not made requiring numerous calls to my bank and Instacart to get things straightened out. Frozen items were insufficiently cooled and insulated and were delivered in ordinary grocery bags. Going back to AmazonFresh.

cn63
9/17/17

I ordered for the first time at Instacart. The main reason was an item which was out of stock in the supermarket near my place. They just replaced this item by s.th. which is completely different and much more expensive. Never again!!!

ln28
9/14/17

They are a startup who already could care less about their employees. The pay set is an insult to the drivers. The Star rating is set up to make drivers fail. The price mark up for groceries is so high that customers THINK that the drivers are making WAY more than they are. It takes 43 hours a week most of the time to clear $9 an hour after gas, insurance, and maintenance of your car. They ALWAYS side with the customer even when the customer is breaking the law, or putting the driver in danger. Impossible to move from driver up the company....so low ceiling. Unreasonable expectations regarding routes, and times.

stephanieh141
9/13/17

More than once they switched my items to other items that were sometimes 50% more , without asking me (bought me $40 worth of a roast instead of $20 for example, lots of roasted pork variations that week lol). When they weren't upcharging my order they were charging me for other misc fees that I had to fight to get back. After spending apx $2000 in 2 months I had to call it quits. I'd rather catch a taxi to and from the grocery store and lug the food up 3 flights of stairs myself than deal w this garbage company. Avoid avoid avoid

vc35
9/12/17

They got my order wrong. Swapped 75% of my order for more expensive items. Charged for 5lbs instead of 2lbs. Customer service refused to acknowledge or rectify any of the error. Terrible company and unhelpful customer care.

sharenb
9/10/17

I went on the Instacart website. I signed up for free trial, a plan for $79.00 for two deliveries a month, and then I started to place an order. With no explanation, a 10% service charge was added to my order. I then called and cancel the order, the free trial, and the $79.00 plan. I was very surprised this morning (a Sunday) to see that a $79.00 charge was placed on my credit card. I called my credit card company to have the charge removed.

kathrynk31
9/10/17

Do not order from this company. My order was mostly frozen food items. Some of them had apparently thawed so much during what should have been a very short delivery that they look like science experiments now. So now I have $56 worth of trash and need to go to the store.

carolync84
9/10/17

Made a purchase that came out to about $33. Instacart charged me 38 because they swaped some of my items. THEN besides that charge they are holding $50. I am highly disgusted by this terrible money taking company. NEVER AGAIN. THEY SAY THEY ARE GOING TO ROUND OFF YOUR PURCHASE TO THE HIGHER AMOUNT THEN THEY TAKE THAT AND MORE. BUYERS BEWARE. THIS IS A TERRIBLE BUSINESS. HOW DARE YOU TAKE PEOPLE'S MONEY. I DIDNT BUY 80 SOMETHING WORTH OF FOOD I BOUGHT 33 DOLLARS WORTH OF FOOD AND CHARGED A RIDICULOUS AMOUNT. THIS DEFINITELY WONT LAST.

natashav10
9/9/17

No matter what delivery time I order, they finish shipping hours before. I always have perishables in my orders so I am not happy with the idea that they browse around for few more hours. Most of the time, the shoppes show up before the delivery time even though I clearly state in my comments NOT to do so. One time I almost missed the shopper - she arrived early and was about to leave when I arrived. Today, my shopper finished shopping 3(!) hours score delivery time. I was trying to explain to a customer service rep that it would make me reconsider using their service again - but she did not seem to care. So, unless I physically cannot move out of my apartment due to illness, I am not dealing with Instacart again.

kennethr35
9/7/17

There are all these HIGH comments about working with them, easy money, make
friends, on the time you choose.....they will not let me apply! I

cameronb57
9/6/17

This company charged me $149 after the free 7 day trial on July 19th. So I simply clicked on the link in the app to cancel membership. Then, they took it back out July 20th. So I called and spoke with the worst customer service girl who assured me, I was wrong and the money was refunded.... WELL I CAN CLEARLY SEE $149 has been removed from my account. I waited patiently to see if it was taking a bit longer to hit my account. After it had not, I called and filed a claim with my bank on August 9th. They refunded my money. THEN $149 is taken out AGAIN on August 29th. They continue to tell me they can't see any charges after the 19th and that I need to speak to account transaction team? So I'm waiting for a call. Guy says it could
Take 72 hours (guy I spoke with is a 'manager') I NEVER HEAR ANYTHING!!!! Call back 5 days later and I am told I was supposed to email them?!? What? Would have been nice if SOMEONE told me!!!!! SO I SEND THIS P.O.S. company SCREEN shots of my bank account and every time they pulled $149 out of my account. every time it's refunded..... STILL, NOTHING!!!!!! Absolutely bull$#*! and the only thing I want is my money and to let everyone know how much of a nightmare this stupid application has been to deal with. GIVE ME MY F****** MONEY YOU CONTINUOUSLY STEAL FROM MY BANK ACCOUNT!!!!!

adrianec2
9/6/17

Poor service! I bought through the application and near the time my order arrived, you sent me an email saying that my delivery would delay 2 hours. My request did not arrive. After that you canceled my order saying that the product was not available. A crap company !!!

missyi
9/6/17

I PLACED AN ORDER OF FOR MY 75 YEAR OLD MOTHER PREPARING FOR THE HURRICANE...GALLONS OF WATER, BATTERIES, FLASHLIGHT. WHEN I PLACED THE ORDER, EVERYTHING WAS IN STOCK. BY THE TIME THE SHOPPER WENT TO THE STORE...THEY WERE COMPLETELY OUT. NOW MY 75 YEAR OLD MOTHER WILL NOT HAVE THE THINGS SHE NEEDS IN THE STORM. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM INSTACART AGAIN.

verov1
9/6/17

My daughter encouraged me to work for instacart so I started a few days ago. They say we will make a "lot of money" but we need to pick an item in 30 seconds. The first day the instacart lead helped me finding a few items and still I made 150 seconds time. Yesterday instacart left me completely by my self (never shop at Mariano's before) and it was hell. The supermarket employees did not know where the items were or they told me wrong. The deli counter took 7 minutes to cut half pound of meat. And to end the whole nightmare the cash registers were full of people and took forever. So how can you do a fast accurate shopping with no support? No support from instacart, no support from the store and the money? I made $14 an hour average. Ho yes instacart keeps 80% of the tips. So don't tip because the shoppers will get only 20% of your money. Team work? None you are in your own. Terrible company to work for and I've been working for instacart two weeks only.

robertb497
9/5/17

I had 11 items I ordered just not show up; not out of stock; they charged me for them, just didn't deliver them. You would think the delivery driver would notice that they delivered them to someone else, or kept them. Who knows. Just at $35.95 in product shortage. Had to call to arrange for a "refund" for the items. First time they credited for the refund for $16.99.. had to call AGAIN! On the phone now for 18 minutes "while they look into it"... What's to look into? They can see the items weren't delivered. Oh, they can't add is the problem. Just told me it is only $29 worth in shortages, but they have refunded $26.99... what? I have it in an Excel spreadsheet.... it is $35.95. response: "I just added it up sir, it is only $29...."... OMG! Back on hold. I guess I am done with delivery services. People can't be relied on to get it right, and the customer service when things go wrong take way too long to get figured out... and this is supposed to be a $2 billion company. Whoa... what a joke.

mariab181
9/5/17

terrible service, if I knew that I would have trouble buying a single cake for USD $ 30.00 and if I charged USD $ 140.00 for the service !!! I've been trying for over 1 month to get my money back !!!

rolandod
9/4/17

I don't understand how a brand like Publix put their reputation on these hands! Incomplete order missing two items to start. First the talk you into a 14 days trial for free delivery, but they don't tell you they will charge $ 149 after the ending period, you can not cancel the free period, only when it expires you can cancel, so the charge you the money. They know people forget even though the send a reminder. So you have to be on top of this for days. Publix should not be part of these extremely low practice, at least for me, it just lost my loyalty for their brand. Shame on them.

bryantk19
9/4/17

The other day. I ordered 4 items from Instacart, a 2 liter of pepsi, a bag of raw shrimp, fries, and breading for the shrimp. And it all totaled $23. However the shopper couldnt find 2 items that I ordered. So she took it upon herself, to not get the breading. And the shrimp i was supposed to get cost $12, she picked up something that cost $23. Bumping my total bill to over $30. And all without consulting me, i will never use them again.

Helpful answer

Instacart does not give you the sale prices from the store. So if the peanut butter is 3.50 on sale. Instacart will charge you 4.80 regular price. Their prices are all over the board but on average you are paying 20% more.

By Vero v. on 7/27/17
Helpful answer

It depends on the location you are in you can not here in Columbia , SC

By Ralph R. on 7/13/17
Helpful answer

Your driver and shopper have no info on how much instacart charges you and cannot get you any cash back. Thats what banks are for.

By lisset l. on 2/16/17
Helpful answer

Not very friendly Company. We went to the interview all the way to the chicago loop a 45 mi minute drive and a young male from Arab countries ask if he could charge his phone. Instacart male employee said "you should have come with a fully charged phone" well yes excerpt that we were using our phones to drive to chicago and that used the battery. Instacart eliminated this Arab young male. Which was nice and kind. Not cut through like some of the shoppers I have meet so far. Ugggg

By Vero v. on 12/9/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Instacart staff and other customers.

Instacart?