Review of GoKartsUSA

Tel: 1-925-691-0330
Help@gokartsusa.com

peterd164
11/10/17

Purchased a Trailmaster Mid-XRS from them in November 2016, and the go kart has already been to a mechanic on three separate occasions. I paid extra to have the go kart assembled prior to delivery, and the go kart was shipped with a bad carburetor. After receiving the run around, I was finally able to receive a new carburetor, but I had to pay the shipping fees.

Additionally, all four tires had to be replaced after using the go kart for two months and last month, my son was driving the go kart on the street when the front, left tire fell off. The go kart has been taking up space in my garage as I continue to wait for a service rep to return my call...I would never recommend this distributor to anyone.

michaelc513
10/10/17

I ordered a ssr 150 through there site. it was delivered to a terminal which I picked up in mpls,mn. Aint no problem yet. Damage was hidden in carton. On me now. fixed and sent pics. the hell with it, fixed myself. Purcahsed in june.. after 7 calls and bs from there end, its October 10. 2017 and just receceived my mso. Could not title ,register etc without that paperwork. I have purchased other items like this for less price and received better service,etc ,etc, etc. Would not purchase again thru them. They are a middle man and u don't need that.

jamess607
9/24/17

I bought a 150 trail master buggy like all the reviews I'm reading I never could find out the status of delivery. I ended up having to go to abf terminal where it had been sitting for a week. They said there was no zip code and tried calling them they told abf they had no records of a shipment to my location but they didn't have a problem charging my cc day i purchased it. When I went to p/u the buggy was on 2 small skids banded together with 1/2" band and of course was broken and was barely wrapped in shrink wrap. I excepted it loaded n my pick up and i guess i just got lucky had scratches but at least all the parts were there don't know how they were just lying on the the broken skids. I order pre assembly and had to tighten ever nut and bolts that were half way tightened. It ran for about a week b4 the variation system shredded into pcs. I called and ordered a replacement with part# and even a picture of the broken pcs. 2 weeks later i finally got the box ordered 2nd day express shipping *2 weeks wtf* opened the box and got a chain I was so pissed off I called and went off on whoever I talked to they did ship the right parts. Now like a dumb ass my friend liked it and wanted one for his son same model and i ordered 0ne for him again received on 2 broken skids and not even wrapped this time. This one was n really bad shape lucky signed SUBJECT TO INSPECTION .First thing I saw was the steering wheel was broken at the weld hanging on by a thread and the steering rod was bent bad! Also the frame was welded crooked in almost all the frame. NO PARTS, NO KEY figured I'd try my key and the whole key assembly just spun and couldn't be tightened. NO BATTERY. like alot of the other reviews I said I was gonna return it for another not pre assembled in crate that's when the sh.t hit the fan! Return at my exspence pay 35% restocking fee and be inspected to see if it could be repaired of course at my exspence and more total b.s. I own my own warehouse 100 thousand sq.ft.and ship everything from elevator motors to steel of all sizes and tons of other machinery and parts all that r shipped on the right size skids and at very least a skeleton crate if not completely crated all over the country and even over seas. This company is by far the worst poorly run co. I've ever dealt with and I'm sure making millions off people who look at their website and get the wrong impression that it looks like the best products and best prices out there. But like someone said n there review you better go thru every section of the site and read all the b.s. info on returns, parts and all at your exspence! I can't imagine how they stay n business and would like to think they'll be history soon. So now I'm stuck with a buggy with no parts broken and bent frame and no key.battery.parts and have to take to a motorcycle shop that also works on buggys like mine and all at my exspence. So with $2000 for a broken pc. Of s__t with not one part no key. Battery . Broken and bent frame and may not ever be drivable guess I'll know for sure when I take it to the shop and if they can fix it who knows how much that's gonna cost. My guess is I'll end up paying $3000 min. Lesson learned pay a little extra if you have to and buy one at a reputable dealer and save urself all the frustration and b.s. from this poorly run co. Hope anyone thinking of buying from these scammers will read some of the reviews and not on their website just search kartsusa reviews on Google and get the real reviews from the hundreds of dissatisfied customers who messed up like me and didn't do there homework b4 even considering ordering from these scammers!!!!!!!!!

christopherw100
7/4/17

First off, they delivered the side by side utv without any parts to assemble it, not even the winch that was supposed to be included?? Then it took exactly 6 months to deliver the parts I needed to assemble the damn thing, so the warranty period was spent waiting for the parts!!! What a scam?? I mean, who sells something like that without checking to see if the parts were with it?? I also had it professionally assembled so I had to pay extra for storage because we were waiting so long for the parts?? And right before the warranty was over I told them I needed a new gas gauge sensor and even with the warranty effective they wanted to charge me for it?? So I lost my entire warranty due to their incompetence, and when I was finally sent the winch and I had to bolt it up, I realized that it was missing the adapter plate also... So they told me to bring it to them and they would install it....knowing full well that they are in California and I am in Vermont??? What shmucks!!! So I guess I have to purchase the same $4.99 plate myself?? What a friggen money pit!! So I had to purchase a battery, storage fees, professional installation (only because their driver refused to go on my road, even though logging semi's are up and down it every day?).. I mean these idiots are crooks!! They should have started my warranty from when they finally delivered the parts?? Now I am stuck with this piece of $#*! and the crazy part is I have yet to drive it so I am afraid that the thing is gonna crap out on me?? Hell, it is full of gas but the thing is warning me about an empty tank?? And it's supposed to be new?? They are cheats, nuff said!! Oh, yea...Alex is a jerk!! He knew about my problem the whole time and refused to step in and correct things?? He just passed blame to the makers.

Tip for consumers: Don't, just fight the urge and go with another company!!

stacyt9
5/21/17

My father in law bought us kandi spyder buggy as a gift. The rollers lasted a week at a time costing $90 each time to replace.modified the shifter slot for more travel, opened up the transmission so it would breath better. Switched to sliders and the teansmissoon is no longer a problem. KNM garage was very helpful in solving my problem. They will talk you through like a valued customer. I rejetted my carb and removed the airbox much better. Now it seems every weld that can break has! Good thing we know a good welder! The front end, the motor mounts and now the frame next to the shock absorber. Bad brittle metal. I would not but this go-kart again!

davidm643
5/18/17

bought a go kart for 1200, and it has a Honda clone p.o.s engine that was probably made by a ten year old in china. thing is a mega p.o.s i also wish i could give them zero stars! and slap the owner in the face, all there promises about warranty's and money back guarantees, read the fine print on that crap! there is nothing good i can say about this go kart or there customer service.

jackd135
5/1/17

I bought (2) of the Azuza Road Rocket kits for my grandson's. They shipped ok and arrived in good shape. Problems? The strongly advise you to buy the $24.95 chain guard but don't tell you it doesn't fit the Honda clone engine. When you call to return it, they tell you it's a non-returnable part. What? One of the rear bearings came with crappy threads in the collar. That was also not their problem. They would sell me a new bearing but the freight was as much as the bearing. I need (3) more kits for the rest of the kids but they won't come from these a$$holes. There are plenty of other places selling this stuff. One of them has to be honest.

annmariel6
3/9/17

I purchased a go kart for my special needs son for Christmas. I have yet to able to get the thing to run AT ALL! I have had it to 3 mechanics, had quite a few parts replaced, and still the thing won't run. When I contacted technical support, they told me to change the oil. My favorite comment from ALEX, head honcho in customer service, "do you realize that go karts are tricky and need a lot of little tweaks with a wrench." I asked, but shouldn't it run at least for a little while because it's BRAND NEW? He said, "NO"

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
The Buggy Ann purchased is a TrailMaster 150, one of the best machines in the US. She just could not keep up on the setup and maintenance. So after 3 months of operating it, she said it would not start. We told her to just bring it in and we will check it for free. She was so frustrated that we just authorized a return for a refund. No Problem.
marcm55
1/19/17

The shipping isn't that slow. It's the processing of the order goKart usa needs to fix.
I ordered a helmet on jan 3rd. I call after a week and I'm told we can't provide a tracking number. I know why now. It wasn't shipped. I call again after 15 days and it's coming tomorrow! It's a miracle I can get a tracking number today that shows it shipped yesterday.

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
Hello Marc, we shipped out your helmet. When you let us know you had not received, we shipped out another one. sorry for the delay
samuelr37
10/31/16

Ordered a sand sniper 150 received with missing parts and bolts. Improperly and dangerously assembled. I could remove bolts from the transmission and engine mounts amongst most others with my fingers. Ordered it with lift gate residential service and did not get it. I had to find a forklift and trailer to be able to pick it up and bring it to my home. The picture on the website shows the kart with a windshield and spare but after ordering found out that those were extra. The tool box was not attached properly also (loose bolts) and was lost.

Customer service promised to reimburse me for the shipping and assembly services then turned around and refused to do anything about it. Also called me a liar and said that there was no tool kit/box included with this model.

I own my own business and when I fail a customer and they do not like their service or product I do everything in my power to make it right. These people have a lot to learn about developing quality customer relations

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
We always try to do our best, but we know, there will always be some unhappy customers. The many many happy customers almost never post a review. Gokarts and Bikes require mechanical support to receive, uncrate, assemble, operate and maintain. We explain this in our order terms posted on our site and signed electronically during checkout, but we know customers don't like to read them. You are making an online purchase without a Dealer and saving over half the cost. This means that unless you pay us to assemble it for you, you will have some assembly to do. And, toys do break. You will likely break something within the first few days. You will surely need parts. All parts are available for purchase
matthews96
10/30/16

All,
Purchased a 215 minibike kit. The frame I received was welded together crooked. I wanted to exchange it for one that wasnt defective. After articulating this information clearly and transparently the product discrepancies to customer service with included pictures and measurements they tried reassuring me that it looked fine.
The only option they gave me was to ship the frame all the way back to the west coast leaving me to eat the shipping cost! Upon receiving it they would inspect it and perhaps send me another.
Its completely unacceptable to penalize the customer for a product you sold them thats defective. Its not my fault someone didnt do THEIR welding correctly. If I knew I was going to get a tweaked frame I wouldnt have done business with these guys. Their lack of attention to detail, professionalism and product knowledge is ubiquitous.
I was so disappointed with it I havent even begun to build the bike. Thanks for ruining it for me Go Karts USA.

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
Mathew, I wanted to followup with you. We reviewed your photos and found nothing that looked defective. We also checked stock to see i any of our frames had any defects. We found no defects. I believe our tech authorized a return so that we can inspect and replace your frame if needed, however, we have not received a return from you
genel24
10/29/16

I ordered a Roketa scooter October 2016 and the scooter I received was a different make and was built in 2011, been sitting in a warehouse for 5 years. They have offered no resolution.

brentp20
9/9/16

Bought a new Adult Voodoo race cart, received it with damage to the steering wheel from metal to metal rubbing during shipping. The seat felt was also damaged from the bumper bracket rubbing on the seat. Went online and made a claim and this is the response as follows from Joe, Qoute " hello Brent my name is Joe and I will be your advisor for this request. The rolling cart stand is leaving our house today and you will be supplied with a tracking number. (That was a lie I never received any tracking number.) The damage does not affect the performance of the machine. You can paint with primary so we're over the steering wheel scratches. The seat has minuscule chip out of it, All the voodoo seats are in the same condition from the factory. (That's a bunch of malarkey) Here's the real kicker listen to this. "I would recommend purchasing an aftermarket seat that would come fresh in a box and you can order the correct size as you wish" .Are you kidding me why would I buy another new seat when I just purchased one on a new kart. Thank you for choosing Go Karts USA Joe. Now I don't know about you but when you purchase something in new condition you expected to be shipped that way, and when there is damage you expect the company to do right and replace the parts they have done nothing. save your money and go somewhere else this company is a fart in a frying pan the customer service sucks the concept of business sucks and they don't value their customers or they would do what's right and replace the parts and a new condition.
So I see Jordan T. Is the person responding to a lot of these comments, majority of his replies are nothing but excuses so Jordon I invite you to do the right thing and I will delete this review and are business relationship continue or it can be the opposite and I will end this relationship. The ball is in your court now.

malakaif1
5/6/16

i like how the go karts are low prices like 900 500 700 not like other sites are to high.they should make them lower but this i give thumbs up!!!

wilsonm22
3/4/16

Hi GoKartsUsa
My order #20164827 have 8 days "Ready to Ship" in your web page.

I read the comments and I am susprised.
I want to be contact me by email.

wilsonmaruy@gmail.com

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
Hi Wilson, sorry, the item you ordered was out of stock. We responded to you right away via email. sometimes this may have gone to your spam folder. I see you are in Lima, Peru. While this is not a problem because we ship worldwide, it's just that the item was out of stock
peggym22
3/2/16

If you return something to these people don't expect a refund. They will tell you that what you returned has been used, they charge you restocking fees and this is how they screw you out of your refund money!! Knowing very well the parts that I returned were in the same condition as I received them. The parts were NEVER used, and this is how they get you! I will never buy from this company again.

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
Hi Peggy, You may return most items (except vehicles, kits, special order items, or items marked on our website as non-returnable) for a prompt refund. Items returned within 21 days of delivery will be credited in the same form as the original payment type or store credit redeemable on future purchases. Returned items must be received in our warehouse within 14 days after return initiation. Items must be returned in new or unused condition in original packaging and contain all original materials included with shipment. Complete a Return Request (RMA) in the Customer Service section of our website to obtain a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number prior to returning any item. Thanks
micheller80
1/15/16

I bought a Kandi 150cc dune buggy and I rode it maybe 5 times. Now I need a new carberetur and so many other parts. I keep calling and getting the automated machine but the machine says their hours are 9am to 5pm Monday through Friday pacific standard time. It's 3:00 in central time and all I get is that their office is closed. Wow I really wouldn't go through these people again..

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
Hello Michelle, We are open Monday thru Friday, 9am to 4pm Pacific time. You can give is a call to speak to one of our Customer Advisers. They will ask you to please complete a Help Request or Parts Request in the Customer Service section of our website. This is the best and fastest way to obtain technical support, parts and assistance. We also strongly recommend that a qualified ATV mechanic perform the assembly of your gokart. Please look in customer service for Documentation and more support. Gokarting can be mechanically intensive to Assemble, Setup, Operate, Repair and Maintain. This is the nature of the sport. And, toys do break. Most odf the time, you can simply order parts online. If you don't see the parts you need on our website, you can complete a Parts Request in the Customer Service section of our website. I hole this info was helpfull. You can also call and ask for Alex if you need assistance by phone. Thanks
travisa11
12/23/15

All I have to say is buyer beware. Before making a purchase, just try to contact customer service. If you have success reaching someone in one phone call and in less than 10 minutes, you are fortunate. I ended up waiting to speak to a human being for 53 minutes. Just saying.

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
Travis, you can reach us by phone Monday through Friday, 9am to 4pm Pacific Time. The recording will tell you if were closed. Don't stay on hold if we are closed. We have 5 phone lines and full staff ready to take your call and provide assistance with your purchase.
davids426
12/10/15

Took off work early yesterday 12/9/15. I called them multiple times about buying my son a side by side at their store, to make sure they had what I wanted and was told they had other 150 side by sides, priced at about 4800.00. Drove nearly 100 miles one way to purchase one or the other, since they were the lowest price and the only place around that we thought we could purchase and bring home. After walking into the "tiny" showroom which was nothing like what you see on their website, was completely shocking. They had 1 side by side and a few cheap go-karts and little mini bikes. When we asked if they had any others to look at, they stated "oh we can't show you the warehouse", we are not allowed to take customers back their". We were then told we could not purchase the Hisun Strike 250 that they had because they said they were not licensed to sell these ????? Absolutely shocked with my 13 year old son standing there, that was so excited after the long journey, in traffic. As being a business owner myself for 20 years, I am shocked that they are still in business especially after reading all the negative reviews. The big question is, why did they lie knowing we were driving down there.

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
IT'S ALL HERE...
David, we have a 10,000 foot warehouse facility in Benicia. You saw our parts counter. We have hundreds of products onsite. We have several UTVs, ATVs, Gokarts, Minibikes in our showroom. Back in December, we were still in setup mode. It's all here!!
tracym77
11/7/15

I received a very damaged machine. It took a mechanic to discover all the problems this new moped had. Over 20 problems! There was no ignition key, the trunk was not made for this mode, kick starter broken, lights not working. It is impossible to meet the requirements of their return policy. There was no way to get replacement parts because they discontinued selling this model.

I suspect that the company takes returned and damaged merchandise and sells it again, getting the customer to activate the warranty. Delays in communication, original manufacturer no longer available, "losing" previous communications, asking for the VIN and product number and date of sale over and over again.

I was ripped off for over $800. and the moped is still practically useless.

troyp14
7/11/15

Like the title says, hopefully you are reading the mounds of horrible reviews BEFORE ordering from this company.
When I ordered, the site said the bike was in stock. I placed the order and the status stuck at "ready for shipment" for a week. Then after I sent an email asking for a status update the status magically changed to "shipped". Well then, 2 WEEKS after it "shipped" and after repeated tries to contact someone there I finally got someone to reply (probably because I threatened to cancel the order and report to BBB) and low and behold the send me a tracking # and sure enough it shipped that day, 2 weeks after they said it shipped.
You can't call anyone because the line is always busy, they won't reply to their help ticket system. And they just downright lie.
There are plenty of other places to order from, stay away from this one!
I'm sure someone from this so called company will reply with some BS excuse and probably throw in some more lies as well.

Troy

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
We are sorry for the delay in shipping. We know that customers are always anxious to get their order. Most large vehicles can be shipped in about 7-10 days. Sometimes, it can take up to 14 days or more. Sorry Troy, it took a bit longer than usual. Im sure by now, you are finally having some fun
jamesl116
3/5/15

IF YOU WANT GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE AND PRODUCT ON TIME LOOK ELSE WHERE U WILL NOT RECEIVE EITHER HERE .....placed a order for a Lazer 5 moped on 2/19/15 and they canceled my order I call to find out why no one knows any thing then I reorder the same thing I get a confirmation sayin my order is ready for shipping on 3/2/15 today is 3/5/15 and my order still has not been sent I called once again to see what the hold up is they say they put my order on hold without notifying me I ask for compensation for all the mishaps and they cancel my whole order I ask why are the canceling my order their response was because I told them to and now they want to hold my money for 10 to 15 days so I can't order from another company

Response from Jordan T., GoKartsUSA Representative
GokartsUSA Manager's Response: This customer had several difficulties in placing his order. Ultimately, we had to cancel it. The payment was declined. We worked with the customer to get his order approved. We resolved the issue, approved his order and shipped out his bike. This was still apparently not to the customers's satisfaction and he placed the order in dispute. The customer's shipment was re-directed back to us, the order was cancelled and the customer received a full refund.
aaronk37
2/27/15

Stay far away from this business! I placed two orders with them a few days apart. First a "tire/wheel" order and then a "brake assembly/drum" order. The brake assy./drums arrived and they sent a brake band, and not the brake assembly I ordered. The drums were correct. I called customer service and their phones were down. When I finally got in touch with customer service, all she could say was "I'm sorry" over and over again. The tires and wheels were never shipped... so they finally did (after two weeks in limbo). The woman in CS told me that they would ship the correct parts, and that I needed to photograph them to prove that I was sent the wrong parts... as if they wouldn't figure that out when they received the wrong parts back in the mail!

After days and days of dealing with misinformation and a supervisor who was never able to speak to me, they told me, knowing full well that I was on a tight deadline due to their error... that I would have to pay to ship their errors back to them. I HAVE TO PAY FOR THE SHIPPING TO SEND A PRODUCT BACK THAT WAS THEIR ERROR!??!?!?!?!?! I have to do it because as they told me, "Our shipping policy is clearly stated on our website." It may be, but for $8 in shipping, they have alienated a customer and made me angry enough to post on every forum and review site to make sure nobody gets taken advantage of like I was.

richardv21
2/10/15

If you're looking for a seller who stands behind their products and provides customer service and support, Forget GOKARTSUSA. I would like to say their customer service is terrible, but there IS NONE. Their shipping stinks. I purchased a TrailMaster 400. The shipper left it at their dock after it arrived at our destination city for 2 weeks and didn't notify anyone. I had a missing part. I notified Gokartsusa assuming they would replace it. It never happened. Now I have an electrical problem. They claim that they will respond to your request within 2-3 hours. That is a LIE. They will not respond - EVER. I am thinking there is only a skeleton staff at this company. They take orders and have your purchase shipped from a different company. I think their whole staff is an order taker. My advice: AVOID THIS COMPANY.

chesterl5
1/26/15

I ordered a buggy that was missing parts and notified the company. They told me I was lying and refused to resolve the issue. I then talked to a person from GoKarts that helped me order what I needed (I had to break down and pay for what I needed). The parts took roughly 3 months to come in and were wrong. I called back, got an RMA number and sent them back using registered mail. GoKarts received my parts and signed for them but refused to credit my back and still to this day will not. After sending the Better Business Bureau the signature, tacking info and delivery date the BBB told GoKarts they were wrong and to pay me back. They still refused to and now I am in the middle of suing them. Out $600 in parts and legal fees. I finally called the OEM, paid less that half GoKarts price and had my parts in roughly a week.

Stacy, When an order is placed on our website, you will receive an email confirmation within 1 minute, sent to the address you provide. If you pay by PayPal, you will receive an additional paypal email receipt

By Jordan T. [GoKartsUSA Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the GoKartsUSA staff and other customers.

GoKartsUSA?