Review of Gilt

support@gilt.com
2017 Customer choice award

sallyn14
9/28/17

I have been the biggest Gilt fan for years. I remember my first pair of white, t-strap Ava & Aiden came from Gilt and I was so happy.

A few years later I noticed the first issue when ordered Rayban aviators. The company full blown forgot to send them to me..... just DID NOT send the glasses. Weeks went by before I finally reached out to customer service. They apologized and basically said "whoops".

A few weeks ago I ordered a pair of frayed, dark wash 7 For All Mankind's. A pair of light-wash jeans show up to my office. When I tell them that I need a return BECAUSE THEY SENT ME THE WRONG JEANS they tell me I can buy the right pair again (and have the audacity to say "good news, they're not sold out!") Is this for real? You guys sent me the wrong denim......

So now I'm trying to return this first pair of hideous, light-wash, 80's reject jeans and the return label they directed me to is saying "you do not have any returnable items". This is a hassle as a customer for your company's mistake. Not going through this BS again for a pair of jeans that are $10 less.

** UPDATE - Gilt now tells me they've sold out of the jeans I originally ordered. Definitely going to roast the hell out of these guys...

sanjan19
9/25/17

I have purchased a watch at Gilt. The item was delivered to me 10 days ago. I wore it only twice. The watch band gold color is disappearing with black spots coming out. This watch after two uses looks like 10 year old watch. I called Gilt service to requst a return but they are refusing to take it back because it was worn(the watch was in my possession only for 10 days). The original price of this item is above $1000. The watch of that value should not look beat up after two uses. Gilt has disappointed me deeply after I have been their customer for many years. I wish I would be allowed to include the pictures in this review

reginao5
9/15/17

I have been shopping at Gilt for years and haven't really had any problems. I order quite frequently and have used many coupon codes. I will say sometimes maybe like 3 times it didn't work but I am 95% satisfied - I have bought gifts shipped to families and they have like all of them. On the other hand some of what was said here I experienced at rue la la so I can understand the frustration of cancelled orders etc. Actually my orders ship very quickly - I don't know if being a Noir member makes a difference

francesp20
9/9/17
• Updated review

After various emails, a manager did fix the issue with the late shipment / wrong item. My credit card was credited the full amount and $50,00 credit was put into my GILT account. I no longer need to return the item. I do love the products offered on GILT, but am sorry to see the decline in what was attentive and excellent customer service.

“Poor Customer Service - after GILT sold to SAKS”
9/6/17
• Previous review

GILT went from a great company to a shady one that can be difficult to deal with. I ordered a $600 hanging lamp and was not shipped during the designated time period. When I contact gilt to cancel the order, it was shipped out the next day. This was despite the fact that I had explained that I was no longer at the shipping address. By this time I had to forward the box once it arrived to my new address which is overseas. Unfortunately, rather than shipping out the hanging light I'd order, the product that shipped was a cheap clock, that was broken. By this time I'd already paid my credit card bill. I sent various photos of the product, in the box, with the shipping label as asked by GILT customer service. Rather than refund my purchase, GILT asked me to first return the box with the bogus product. So all of the risk of the box making it back to GILT and going through GILT return process is on me. Plus I need to wait for a refund. This would have never happened with the old GILT before it was sold to Saks.

clarew29
8/30/17

If you get a product that does not work or is ripped, tough luck! They will do nothing about it. I bought a hair straightener for $100, after 3 uses it died and they will not take it or replace it. I got a pair of Tod shoes for $300.00 , they said nonreturnable, but they did not say ripped and they also will do nothing about it. Unless you like to gamble, I wouldn't shop there.

loriet4
8/27/17

Gilt offers the best of the best at fabulous prices. I have bought so many different things and my only worry were three paintings I bought but I knew they were going to take 3 months to get here but were well worth the wait. Customer service has never been a problem and when I accidentally shipped something somewhere wrong they quickly resolved it kindly and politely. I buy a lot and will continue to, you cannot beat the prices for luxury goods and not once have I received a knock off piece. I have and will continue to recommend Gilt to both friends and family.?

brookeg17
8/15/17

I read good reviews before I ordered a higher priced item and then after I placed my non-returnable order all I read were terrible reviews! I started to panic that it had been almost a week and I still hadn't received a shipping confirmation (it's the 15th and it was supposed to be delivered on the 17th) I live chatted my concern and the man reassured my my order was being ready to ship. I get home 30 minutes later and the item is sitting on my porch and I have an email for shipping. So they need to work on that aspect but I'm very happy my item showed up and it's exactly what I thought I was getting!

heatheru3
8/13/17

I ordered a sofa in May. I was charged for the sofa AND received a tracking number. I've now sent three or four emails to Gilt but have no resolution on this.

I've ordered probably close to $50k from Gilt.com over the last few years; I ordered about $15k this year alone. Theor delivery and customer service have both gone very much down hill.

Frequent problems include: items canceled after ordered, items canceled after billed, cancelled but billed items requiring customer interference to receive refund, broken items, very poor packaging of fragile items resulting in absolute damage, snarky customer service, delays in response for customer service, merchandise not as photographed, in-house brand of poor quality, partial cancelation of orders obviously intended as sets (bras/panties, multiple curtains panels, a duo of chairs, bedding sets). Oh...I could go on. And these problems are not anomalies or novelties. They happen all the time.

I ordered in May, was BILLED in May, received a tracking number in May...but I have no sofa (the rest of the items ordered together were delivered and thy have rejected me returning those items. Partial sets AGAIN)

Don't waste your money unless you have a lot of it to lose.

otisd4
7/22/17

This company sucks! I ordered a red sofa on July 3, & no one can seem to pin point the whereabouts of this item nor do they know when it will be delivered. I've talk to the shipping company (EFW) Gilt.com hired to deliver this sofa. I've been on the phone with them 3-4 times & still no sofa. Complete bull$#*! & horrible customer service on Gilt's part. Never again will I patronize this incompetent company. ~OD

judithj13
7/22/17

I have tired 3 times and still get pop-ups. It's extremely annoying. NEVER sign up with this business. This has been going on for almost a year.

lisah310
7/20/17

In the middle of dealing with Gilt third party delivery service who a) scheduled delivery and confirmed it before the item was even in their hands and b) made me wait through delivery window before saying item wasn't there and c) might deliver it "today" because item showed up "just then". Complained to Gilt and got sorry, so sorry, so very sorry and hey, they'll call you within 48 hours to schedule delivery. What? They've never called before to confirm anything, they didn't answer an email about delivery. Why would I have any confidence they'd call? Gilt should have made this right by upgrading delivery to white glove and offering to follow up on delivery since I've been sitting here all day waiting for something that obviously won't show up. I've ordered from Gilt before and if it just arrives via UPS, great. But I would never order anything from them that requires delivery from 3rd party. In fact I'd never order from them again after how little they cared about getting this item to me. All I wanted was a) for the item to be delivered when they said it would, and b) to have Gilt follow up and make it right since obviously the delivery company can't seem to figure out how to do that.

bettyh61
7/20/17

UPDATE: A customer support specialist reached out to me about returning the bag after SiteJabber review and I was able to get site credit for the purchase. Not quite the same as having my money back, but better than being stuck with a factory bag I didn't mean to purchase.

---

Gilt sold me a factory labeled Celine bag when the pictures clearly showed the same bag without the factory label in the exact same place on the bag. They showed a picture of the item being sold that was different from what I received. When I asked for a return they refused to give me one. This is definitely misrepresentation of what is being sold and shady. If the page labeled that the bag was factory it makes more sense, but I looked over the page and sent them a screenshot, nowhere on the page did it mention it, and the pictures showed bags without the factory label.

jordanw42
7/20/17
• Updated review

What was the point in telling me to call for an ongoing dispute with your company when u had zero interest in actually helping me.
I am in NYC often and will be filing a case against you in small claims court, as the evidence I provided to american express is straight forward.

“Gilt is color blind”
5/18/17
• Previous review

I ordered a couch from their website. Listed as grey and the pic clearly showed grey. What I received is a very bluish couch. Clearly, it does not match the photo or description as listed. They basically told me too bad, final sale.
When comparing the pic from the website and an unaltered/unadjusted pic of this ridiculous couch sitting in my living room, it's clear they have no clue. Safe to say that whomever I've chatted with from Gilt has never seen the physical couch, so how can they determine whether it's as described or not.

stuarto2
7/14/17

The product I ordered was incorrectly labelled and did not represent the size stated. They also misrepresent the SRP on items to make it look like you are getting a great deal. I took item to retailers who sell for a fraction of SLP on website. I now have to pay the return on items that don't fit because the item sent was in no way the size represented on the website and to make it worse they suggested on their website how it should fit. There are way better online shopping sites in terms of accuracy and return policy IMO. No more!

kiml143
7/6/17

I ordered a sunglasses and ended up getting one that looks totally different from what I had ordered. It cost me over $100 but they said if I just use it they will offer me $15.lol. What an amazing way to sell $85 sunglasses that is not popular.
My cousin got the parcel and sent it to Korea where I was living. And they didn't want to pay for the cost for shipping it back to the US. If they sent the right product from the first place I wouldn't have to send it back to the US. So I lost my time and lost my chance to get the right product for me(original frame I wanted to order was already sold out). And now I have to pay for the return while they are not taking any disadvantage. They don't take any responsibility for what they have done wrong.
Worst service I have ever had.

melodyf9
6/24/17

Ordered a TAN crossbody Balenciaga. Received a NAVY BLUE envelope clutch. Called customer service and they were very apologetic. I then receive an email offering me $75 refund if I decide to keep the bag instead of returning it. Ummmm....it wasn't even CLOSE to what I ordered so I have no idea why they thought I'd take that offer. Returned it and am awaiting my refund. (fingers crossed...). After a few emails back and forth and at my suggestion, they decided to offer me $50 off a future order but good for only 2 weeks. They lost a potentially great customer as I am a frequent online shopper. Thumbs down, GILT.

taraa19
6/23/17

I own the same pair of Valentino Flats I purchased from this website. I thought since I loved my first pair(which were not from Gilt.com) that they would be exactly the same only in a different color. When i walked 5-10 minutes to dinner from my apartment my heels and pinky toes had large blisters. These were damaged product from the smart of them selling irregular and incorrect shoes. I agree with a couple reviews when I say I cant give no stars, because if I could you would not even get one. Then I asked to return them, and they say no. Bad customer Service. I will and won't ever shop this site again. Last $388 I ever spend. SHAME

jessicab245
6/21/17

BELIEVE ALL THE REVIEWS YOU READ! Company is a total scam! Ordered (4) dresses a month ago for delivery tomorrow. Today they have inventory problems and cancelled my order. Did give me a $25 credit....as if I'd ever shop there again! Horrible customer service as well!

luizae
6/17/17

I purchased a Gilt Sample Sale ticket. 9 days after purchasing Gilt send an email that the sale is now being sold at 50%. I contacted their customer service immediately and they said no price matches after 7 days. I explained multiple times that this is not a product and a Gilt Sponsored Event. They did not budge. I opened a BBB case, in the beginning the Gilt management team did not want to help either. They claimed they didn't see a price reduction for the event and it is now sold out. I had to send them a copy of the email plus the screen shot of the day that I saw the prices at 50% off. After providing those documents they refunded me the difference. They are very hard to deal with, they don't want to make any exceptions for anyone. Their customer service doesn't care about your concern. I had to fight tooth and nail to get the refund.

olgas34
5/21/17

I had purchase gold earrings with pearls,when I received it looks like bought in the 99 cents,and thera many dents.Iitem non-returnable.
Unfortunately it was the worst experience.
picture on the site absolutely doesn't match the real picture.dont recommend.
I ll never recommend your shop anyone and definitely will write review.

alicias58
5/16/17

Quick, easy and efficient. Someone got back to me right away and she followed through with my request a month later when it was possible to do so. Would have been even better if they could have processed the request immediately but that wasn't possible here.

charlenet10
5/10/17

Think twice before you buy anything!!! I have been waiting for 3 weeks to receive a credit back to my card for a return. I have called five times and they are blaming the credit card company!! they are the worst!!

johnp530
5/4/17

How could a company that wants to sell pants not provide inseam details? Unbelievable. And then when you complain the respondent claims that "most products" have the information. when that's patently not true.

kimberlys110
5/2/17

Nothing at this company is refundable or returnable. Beware, if you order anything you aren't happy with you can never get your money back. Do not shop here!

Kim

kathym155
4/22/17

Purchased a RedCarter one piece swimsuit on my AMEX. So glad I purchased with this card. Waited a full month and still no swimsuit. Called Customer Service and they explained it was a "sell first", whatever the heck that means. Bottom line they escalated my order so I would get my suit faster. That was sweet of them. Received the package one week later, low and behold I open the package and out comes top only, no bottoms, no one piece RedCarter suit like I ordered. Immediately called Customer "Disservice" and complained. Was told the warehouse had the wrong order number. The packing slip clearly said one piece---guess they thought no one would notice if I went naked on the bottom. They can't send a replacement b/c don't have the suit anymore after 5 weeks of waiting. Probably never had it in the first place. Listen to the reviews and double digit negative ratings. Must really **** to work in Customer Disservice and for that matter at Gilt.

477 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Hi there, Thanks for your question. We stand over the authenticity of all of the products available on our site and ensure that they are the genuine labels that they promise to be. If there is every any doubt or concern about this, we are happy to investigate on a case by case basis. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch. Warm regards Paddy Gilt CS Specialist

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep] on 9/11/15
Helpful answer

Just beware of the sales rep Marta Garcia Murtha. Bad news.

By T s. on 4/7/15
Helpful answer

Hey Jash, Thank you for your question. All our discounts are tailored to each member specifically and will be received to your email account that you have signed up with. As this current time we have no discounts for new members however if you would like to email us at service@gilt.com with the subject line "ATTN; MICHAEL SITEJABBER QUESTION", I will be more than happy to check your eligibility for any current promotion. Wishing you a happy holiday, Michael -GiltService

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep] on 12/15/15
Helpful answer

My order came...eventually...6 weeks was a LONG time to wait for a couple of pairs of sunglasses.

By Jennifer H. on 5/13/15
Helpful answer

I purchased artwork. The delivery was delayed by about 6 months and the product (a mirror by Parvez Taj) arrived shattered. Gilt gave me the runaround for the 6 months but did refund for the product damage. I believe anything but clothing (and maybe accessories) is managed by third party vendors and thus subject to their availability which Gilt does not always seem to verify before posting for sale (based on my personal experience).

By D H. on 3/31/15
Helpful answer

Hi Carly, I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to get your voucher. When an order is placed, it can take up to 24 hours for the voucher to be sent out to you. I hope this helps, Áine - Gilt Service

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep] on 10/19/15
Helpful answer

Hi Madelyn, I hope that you are keeping well.I Once an order ship's from our warehouse an email will be sent to advise you. To view the progress of any orders pending, please visit the "Orders" page in the "Account" section on Gilt.com. I hope I was of help today! Have a nice weekend. Chat soon, Maureen -GiltService

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep] on 6/6/16
Helpful answer

Don't purchase ANYTHING from Gilt you may want to return. Their return policy is rigid and unfair. And their customer service department is unhelpful.

By Danielle J. on 1/6/13
Helpful answer

Hi Luiz, We completely stand-by the guarantee that every item is the authentic label it promises to be. If theres a specific reason why you think an item may be non-authentic, please let us know and well happily look into this for you. Hope this helps :) You can also email us at service@gilt.com should you have any further questions. Warm regards, Maureen Gilt Customer Service

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep] 2 days, 16 hours ago
Helpful answer

Hi Jarl, Make sure to choose the Norway flag in your account to ensure you are seeing the correct details in terms of pricing and returns policies. When you get to checkout any tax and duties will be calculated here for you! If you have further questions please feel free to email us at service@gilt.com Kind Regards Brody Gilt Customer Service

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep] on 9/15/17
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other customers.

22 Photos for Gilt