US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

malloryl
2/23/17

To be fair I got some decent prices on some cute stuff for my toddlers. Ordered a lot. Spent a lot. Achieved premier status....but the love affair is over. Their referral program is a joke. They don't follow through when you solicit for them you don't get your credit. They come up with excuses. Their customer service just sucks in a nutshell. Don't even bother because they're right no matter what. I've been sold now on sticking with my old go too Nordstrom rack and sacks off fifth. Prices are just as good and customer service is miles above. Seems Nordstrom and Saks appreciate their customers.

seagramm
2/21/17

Customer service is worst with GILT
The products are not upto the mark - they present it well but when you use those you will feel that the product quality is not even comparable to cheapest brands
They are just spoofing the prices for low quality products
Better buy from brand stores than this fake retailer

nilek
2/21/17

Gilt USED to have good quality products back in the day, but it's clear that they are no longer the same kind of company they used to be. I bought a suit from them which was advertised as being "100% wool" and claimed the sizing ran small. I ordered my regular size for suits as I've done for years with all sorts of designers. I received my suit, it was NOT 100% wool as advertised, in fact it was mostly polyester blend, and the sizing was RIDICULOUS. This suit was nearly 3-4 sizes too large, I was swimming in it! And because it was a final sale I am stuck with a worthless, cheap suit which would probably cost MORE to get tailored than what I paid for the actual suit. I'll never order from this crooked company again.

christend
2/9/17

Been with this company since it started! Love the merchandise and never had a problem until last fall, 2016. A return took so long to process, over a month, and no apology or empathy at all with customer service! Unacceptable! I live in the United States, nothing takes that long to process, you held my money on purpose!

lindar173
2/8/17

I purchased a watch that was priced at $134 (reduced from $475). Afterwards I checked the prices that the watch was being sold for. It was priced anywhere from $94 to $115 - not $475. Purchasers have five minutes to change their mind before the purchase becomes final. Is this fair? Do not use Gilt.

tammyt35
2/6/17

Purchased Balpearl Baroque Fresh Water Pearls. Upon arrived, I noticed that color was completely off. I complained. No response. This week, a mere 1 month later, the pearls fall apart! Really??? $1050 down the drain. Stay away.

leap2
2/5/17

Items are NOT as advertised !!! I Bought an expensive piece of jewelry . The pictures online vs. the piece I recvd were completely different ! False advertising !!!! The piece Also did not have proper stamps . Customer service refused to do anything stating it's "final sale" !!!!

pamelas125
2/4/17

Nice prices are no more .... and the retail product lines have changed and/or dwindled.

I think the price jumps happened about the same time that the return policy was expanded.

jx11
2/4/17

Bought several underwears from gilt. The inner lining of one of them almost completely came off after 2 times of hand washing. Called up customer support and was told that won't be able to get refund because I had washed it. Well, if I hadn't washed it how would I know it is so poor quality? I received the item in December and called them in January - not to mention the order arrived outside of the estimated window. Both the Rep and her supervisor insisted that it was most likely due to the way I washed it and said I would need to contact the vendor if unsatisfied with the quality of the product. Sounded super rude over the phone. Have spent $2000+ on Gilt and not going to any longer.

nancyt75
2/2/17

I purchased a handbag $900+tax =$974 on Saturday and paid gilt gift card. On sunday they have promotion for $200 for my handbag and i call the customer service complain about that and they cr back to my account for discount on next time is$200 not included tax. Because i paid tax fot $900. But it's ok to when i lost $16 for the sale tax...the reason is do BAD, BAD BAD About Gilt that they wont refund to my gift card, but they put $200 on my next purchase discount...because gift isy money.....

dixinf
1/24/17

I should've read reviews before shopping there. They marked something as small fitting and to order half a size up when in fact the shoes I got are true to size. I ordered half a size up which is too big and they will not even offer a partial store credit minus shipping fees and restocking fees. On top of this they won't give me any insider points because I didn't opt in for a free Insider account when I made the purchase. Explanation I got for customers not automatically accumulating points is some people don't want cashback. ARE THESE PEOPLE FOR REAL? At this point the rep abruptly left the chat room which is fine. I won't be dealing with these people again.

Tip for consumers: Don't gamble with your hard earned money, look elsewhere.

kathas1
1/14/17

First time with Gilt. I made an order from Australia. I have set my preference on currency as AUD dollars in Gilt preference setting. All the items was priced on AUD after CONVERTED from Us dollars.
I made a purchased which clearly in Aud dollars.worth $257 after converted from Us Dollars. When I look into my bank account Gilt has taken Us$257 and that lead to $354 Aud dollars. That almost $100 difference.
I have contacted Gilt. And they said the price was set on US dollars. How would that happens .When all items was shown in AUD dollars and to my knowledge I made a purchased on Marked price in AUD Dollars and I should be paid in that price and currency that been shown .
I love online shopping and I never ever have this kind of incident anywhere else . Instead of refund me the difference but Gilt given me 15% OFF NEXT PURCHASE instead .Is this how you solve the problem. And you think that would make me want to order from you again. Come on guy
I will tell all my friends to be aware. Am not happy.

Order number 85187806

meerkatb
1/8/17

I received 3 emails in December to place 5 orders above $75 until mid January to maintain my Gilt Noir practice. I did place 5 orders between the time I received the 2nd "reminder" in December, and January 4th. It turns out they are only counting the January orders. Nowhere in the Gilt emails nor the the actual webpage explaining the Gilt Noir Membership "challenge" was there an "opt-in" date. I would have never placed the December orders if there was any mention of this.

Additionally, they take AGES to ship and they do not accept any returns on international orders, which is unfair.

kennethg41
1/8/17

I purchased a "Vintage" designer handbag that was described as "excellent condition, no visible signs of wear". It took me one minute to discover the cracked leather and poor condition of the bag. Gilt was very rude and abusive and refused to accept the bag back.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here

mariannef7
1/2/17

I have been a customer of Gilt for years and have purchased many online designer items from them in the past but have noticed a drastic decline in the quality of the merchandise on this site. I just this morning received two items from them, that were not what was advertised on the site and really I wouldn't even give them away. Terrible material and incorrect size. I shopped with" Gilt" monthly and am considered a premier account holder. I loved everything about the site, including the customer service. Today however was the last straw and the items were so defective that I honestly felt taken advantage of. I also notice on the returns slip that the order number is faded out and is hardly legible. Don't understand the rationale here at all. A good business model that is being run into the ground.

Tip for consumers: It is relatively easy to return items and I have got excellent value for money in the past so if you know the designer and its a good price, then its probably worth it as you can return the item if you are dissatisfied .

marisav2
12/24/16

Gilt still has such great stuff! Customer service was fast, courteous and accurate. Can't ask for better.

sharons187
12/24/16

I bought some Maurizio sheets from Gilt and the sheets were defective. I bought a king size set and the "fitted" sheet should have been for a king but way way too large. It would not even have fit a California king - it would have been too large for that. I never expected that problem. I looked over the sheets before washing them to make sure there were no defects but never expected them to be TOO large. I did not expect the best quality but this was a bit ridiculous. I contacted Gilt and their response was sorry they are defective but it is final sale!

lindao58
12/24/16

I had a horrible experience with Gilt! I ordered an expensive pair of shoes as a Christmas gift. They never arrived so I finally found a live representative and they cancelled my order and my account without ever telling me. Now they sold out of my shoes. Never order from this site!!!

julieg109
12/23/16

I almost never write reviews for products, but this one is a necessary warning. I have been a customer of Gilt for years and noticed a marked decline in quality over the last year. Every item I received had arrived other than advertised. The last straw was a designer bag I had purchased online for nearly $2,000. Though advertised and priced as new, the item arrived in a dirty dust bag without its original packaging or tags. It also showed wear and tear on the back. When I contacted customer service, they refused to take responsibility. I purchased what I assumed was a brand new designer bag and in return received suspect merchandise. This company has become dishonest and unethical. Do not waste your money or energy here!

deanw40
12/22/16

If you go on their mobile app, a lot of the sales say "Additional 40% off". Unfortunately it is only true to a max $$ amount, usually $50 or $75. No where I can find is there fine print that states this...Used to be a great site to get great deals, now it is close to being a scam site with most items non-returnable for any reason. Designer sizes vary so much it is not worth the risk...

wonyoungc
12/17/16

Cheapest cashmere ever. Refused to refunded even the
Items are defected. Reducing prices right after they say
It's on final sale and they'll never match the prices. Worst customer services cheapest items ever. Just over pricing for everything at gilt.

rachelk48
12/10/16

I ordered an item on guilt and before I ordered I removed my old address and set my new address as a default address. They send my order to the wrong address. When I called they said that their was nothing she could do for me because it was sent already. I asked to a manger and the manager was very rude and told me the same thing. After I got very upset on the phone and explained that I had the right address on the website he put me on hold for 20 minutes. He then told me that he would refund me but if it ever happened again he will not refund the next time! Their was no apology or acknowledgement that they messed up and not me! I ended up o the phone for over 1 hour

tubao
12/10/16

I bought a pair of lamps. The drum shades are much different in color and textile vs the picture of the product presented on the site.
I wanted to talk to a supervisor to return the product. Because they don't want to return they declared the product I received is identical to what is shown on the website. These evaluations are subjective. To me they are not. I have been calling them in the last 4 days, they don't let me talk to a supervisor, they only apologize for not being able to do more and don't accept the return.
Is that the right way to treat consumers? Is this how Gilt wants to satisfy the consumers???

il1542
12/5/16

I ordered a Tom Ford designer bag from Gilt. It came with no straps although there are permanent hooks for a strap. They refused to refund the bag or provide the straps. They advertised the bag as "strapless" although it can be worn with a strap. The bag cost $1,500 and looks weird without the shoulder straps. They refused a refund or exchange and when I went through a dispute with my credit card AmEx, I was told there was nothing that can be done because of Gilt's no refund policy on designer items, DONT EVER BUY HERE. They get slightly damaged designer bags and sell them to the public using their no refund policy and that how they get us, They are never available to talk to you and ask you to call them back and take days to refund your call. Customer service here is unbelievably nonexistent. They will continue these practices until you the customer stand up and stop buying, especially designer items. I plan to file a authencity complaint with the FBI and attorney generals office. I want a refund or my money back. I will continue filing everywhere until something is done. This is wrong. Strapless means there are no hooks. Strapless does mean it has permanent hooks for a shoulder strap that was not provided. I will never be able to resell this designer bag without the straps. I doubt if Tom Ford makes this bag at all. If so, where are the straps. I am also filing complaints in their country through the attorney general's office. I don't plan to just accept this because it is wrong. It would cost them nothing to exchange the bag for something else, yet they refuse to do so. Write letters to the U.S. commerce Department and other authorities. Get help from these agencies to file legal complaints in their country.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy here. They simply do not care after the purchase.

nicoleg68
11/30/16

I am so disappointed. From my experience, if nothing goes wrong with your order, you should be okay. If any type of issue occurs, you will regret ordering from this site.
I really like the style of the furniture at GILT. My first order was a cracked glass top for my table that I was satisfied with. I decided to order from GILT again and wanted to get an end table. The wrong order was put into my cart. Right after I had checked out I noticed it was the wrong item. I contacted them immediately to cancel the order (their cancellation policy is 5 minutes after the order is placed) so I could get the item that I had actually wanted. It took them 2 hours to get back to me. Dylan, my customer service rep, told me it was too late for customer service to cancel it. He told me if it had not left the warehouse the delivery team would be able to cancel it. He said I would be contacted within 1 business day. This took place Saturday. I was expecting a call or email today, Monday. He also gave me a link for a live chat. I contacted the live chat team today. Cian, the live chat rep, told me it would take 3-5 days for an answer. I definitely feel like I am getting the run-around with this website. According to Dylan is a time sensitive situation and there is no urgency.

Update:
They sent me the table via FedEx even though I paid for in home delivery. I found a number to call. When I called the number I was finally helped out and they sent me a return label. The package arrived back to GILT in the beginning of December. Just today I had to contact a live chat to ask about the status of my return. The lady told me she processed my return. I asked if she had credited my VISA, she said she did. I got an email stating I had store credit a few minutes later. I checked my bank account and not only did she not give me a refund. She charged my card another $453. I am now owed $907!! Words can not describe how mad I am.

477 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question