US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kathas1
1/14/17

First time with Gilt. I made an order from Australia. I have set my preference on currency as AUD dollars in Gilt preference setting. All the items was priced on AUD after CONVERTED from Us dollars.
I made a purchased which clearly in Aud dollars.worth $257 after converted from Us Dollars. When I look into my bank account Gilt has taken Us$257 and that lead to $354 Aud dollars. That almost $100 difference.
I have contacted Gilt. And they said the price was set on US dollars. How would that happens .When all items was shown in AUD dollars and to my knowledge I made a purchased on Marked price in AUD Dollars and I should be paid in that price and currency that been shown .
I love online shopping and I never ever have this kind of incident anywhere else . Instead of refund me the difference but Gilt given me 15% OFF NEXT PURCHASE instead .Is this how you solve the problem. And you think that would make me want to order from you again. Come on guy
I will tell all my friends to be aware. Am not happy.

Order number 85187806

meerkatb
1/8/17

I received 3 emails in December to place 5 orders above $75 until mid January to maintain my Gilt Noir practice. I did place 5 orders between the time I received the 2nd "reminder" in December, and January 4th. It turns out they are only counting the January orders. Nowhere in the Gilt emails nor the the actual webpage explaining the Gilt Noir Membership "challenge" was there an "opt-in" date. I would have never placed the December orders if there was any mention of this.

Additionally, they take AGES to ship and they do not accept any returns on international orders, which is unfair.

kennethg41
1/8/17

I purchased a "Vintage" designer handbag that was described as "excellent condition, no visible signs of wear". It took me one minute to discover the cracked leather and poor condition of the bag. Gilt was very rude and abusive and refused to accept the bag back.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here

mariannef7
1/2/17

I have been a customer of Gilt for years and have purchased many online designer items from them in the past but have noticed a drastic decline in the quality of the merchandise on this site. I just this morning received two items from them, that were not what was advertised on the site and really I wouldn't even give them away. Terrible material and incorrect size. I shopped with" Gilt" monthly and am considered a premier account holder. I loved everything about the site, including the customer service. Today however was the last straw and the items were so defective that I honestly felt taken advantage of. I also notice on the returns slip that the order number is faded out and is hardly legible. Don't understand the rationale here at all. A good business model that is being run into the ground.

Tip for consumers: It is relatively easy to return items and I have got excellent value for money in the past so if you know the designer and its a good price, then its probably worth it as you can return the item if you are dissatisfied .

marisav2
12/24/16

Gilt still has such great stuff! Customer service was fast, courteous and accurate. Can't ask for better.

sharons187
12/24/16

I bought some Maurizio sheets from Gilt and the sheets were defective. I bought a king size set and the "fitted" sheet should have been for a king but way way too large. It would not even have fit a California king - it would have been too large for that. I never expected that problem. I looked over the sheets before washing them to make sure there were no defects but never expected them to be TOO large. I did not expect the best quality but this was a bit ridiculous. I contacted Gilt and their response was sorry they are defective but it is final sale!

lindao58
12/24/16

I had a horrible experience with Gilt! I ordered an expensive pair of shoes as a Christmas gift. They never arrived so I finally found a live representative and they cancelled my order and my account without ever telling me. Now they sold out of my shoes. Never order from this site!!!

julieg109
12/23/16

I almost never write reviews for products, but this one is a necessary warning. I have been a customer of Gilt for years and noticed a marked decline in quality over the last year. Every item I received had arrived other than advertised. The last straw was a designer bag I had purchased online for nearly $2,000. Though advertised and priced as new, the item arrived in a dirty dust bag without its original packaging or tags. It also showed wear and tear on the back. When I contacted customer service, they refused to take responsibility. I purchased what I assumed was a brand new designer bag and in return received suspect merchandise. This company has become dishonest and unethical. Do not waste your money or energy here!

deanw40
12/22/16

If you go on their mobile app, a lot of the sales say "Additional 40% off". Unfortunately it is only true to a max $$ amount, usually $50 or $75. No where I can find is there fine print that states this...Used to be a great site to get great deals, now it is close to being a scam site with most items non-returnable for any reason. Designer sizes vary so much it is not worth the risk...

wonyoungc
12/17/16

Cheapest cashmere ever. Refused to refunded even the
Items are defected. Reducing prices right after they say
It's on final sale and they'll never match the prices. Worst customer services cheapest items ever. Just over pricing for everything at gilt.

rachelk48
12/10/16

I ordered an item on guilt and before I ordered I removed my old address and set my new address as a default address. They send my order to the wrong address. When I called they said that their was nothing she could do for me because it was sent already. I asked to a manger and the manager was very rude and told me the same thing. After I got very upset on the phone and explained that I had the right address on the website he put me on hold for 20 minutes. He then told me that he would refund me but if it ever happened again he will not refund the next time! Their was no apology or acknowledgement that they messed up and not me! I ended up o the phone for over 1 hour

tubao
12/10/16

I bought a pair of lamps. The drum shades are much different in color and textile vs the picture of the product presented on the site.
I wanted to talk to a supervisor to return the product. Because they don't want to return they declared the product I received is identical to what is shown on the website. These evaluations are subjective. To me they are not. I have been calling them in the last 4 days, they don't let me talk to a supervisor, they only apologize for not being able to do more and don't accept the return.
Is that the right way to treat consumers? Is this how Gilt wants to satisfy the consumers???

il1542
12/5/16

I ordered a Tom Ford designer bag from Gilt. It came with no straps although there are permanent hooks for a strap. They refused to refund the bag or provide the straps. They advertised the bag as "strapless" although it can be worn with a strap. The bag cost $1,500 and looks weird without the shoulder straps. They refused a refund or exchange and when I went through a dispute with my credit card AmEx, I was told there was nothing that can be done because of Gilt's no refund policy on designer items, DONT EVER BUY HERE. They get slightly damaged designer bags and sell them to the public using their no refund policy and that how they get us, They are never available to talk to you and ask you to call them back and take days to refund your call. Customer service here is unbelievably nonexistent. They will continue these practices until you the customer stand up and stop buying, especially designer items. I plan to file a authencity complaint with the FBI and attorney generals office. I want a refund or my money back. I will continue filing everywhere until something is done. This is wrong. Strapless means there are no hooks. Strapless does mean it has permanent hooks for a shoulder strap that was not provided. I will never be able to resell this designer bag without the straps. I doubt if Tom Ford makes this bag at all. If so, where are the straps. I am also filing complaints in their country through the attorney general's office. I don't plan to just accept this because it is wrong. It would cost them nothing to exchange the bag for something else, yet they refuse to do so. Write letters to the U.S. commerce Department and other authorities. Get help from these agencies to file legal complaints in their country.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy here. They simply do not care after the purchase.

nicoleg68
11/30/16

I am so disappointed. From my experience, if nothing goes wrong with your order, you should be okay. If any type of issue occurs, you will regret ordering from this site.
I really like the style of the furniture at GILT. My first order was a cracked glass top for my table that I was satisfied with. I decided to order from GILT again and wanted to get an end table. The wrong order was put into my cart. Right after I had checked out I noticed it was the wrong item. I contacted them immediately to cancel the order (their cancellation policy is 5 minutes after the order is placed) so I could get the item that I had actually wanted. It took them 2 hours to get back to me. Dylan, my customer service rep, told me it was too late for customer service to cancel it. He told me if it had not left the warehouse the delivery team would be able to cancel it. He said I would be contacted within 1 business day. This took place Saturday. I was expecting a call or email today, Monday. He also gave me a link for a live chat. I contacted the live chat team today. Cian, the live chat rep, told me it would take 3-5 days for an answer. I definitely feel like I am getting the run-around with this website. According to Dylan is a time sensitive situation and there is no urgency.

Update:
They sent me the table via FedEx even though I paid for in home delivery. I found a number to call. When I called the number I was finally helped out and they sent me a return label. The package arrived back to GILT in the beginning of December. Just today I had to contact a live chat to ask about the status of my return. The lady told me she processed my return. I asked if she had credited my VISA, she said she did. I got an email stating I had store credit a few minutes later. I checked my bank account and not only did she not give me a refund. She charged my card another $453. I am now owed $907!! Words can not describe how mad I am.

timh87
11/30/16

To everyone that took the time to write a review of gilt.com,

Thank you so much for your service. I'm sorry that you all had to suffer in the eclectic ways that you have, but you should know that your reviews have gone to a good cause. I almost purchased a pair of shoes off of the gilt website today, but decided to do some cursory research on gilt as I had never ordered from there before. I was shocked and disgusted to read the reviews of the gilt.com website, and due to these reviews I will not be ordering shoes, or anything else for that matter, from gilt.com. Soon enough, the incremental contributions that you all have made will result in the end of this horrible site. I will instead pay double the price to order the same shoes from Zappos, as that is how much I value my time and piece of mind. Again, thank you to you all. Your service is very much appreciated.

michaela277
11/27/16

The customer service provided by Maureen and Karen at GILT was fantastic. They not only helped correct MY mistake in ordering but also honored the original price I paid for the item. They responded quickly, even though it was Thanksgiving and provided clear and concise direction on how to correct the problem. I was very impressed with their response and assistance. Not many companies are so responsive. THANKYOU!!!

ps143
11/24/16

Today with the Black Friday sales started they have widely advertised all over their website that certain items would be an ADDITIONAL 40% off. except every time I went to the checkout only 20% was taken off. When I inquired about this through their customer service they said that the total discount given for any item would be $75 maximum. When I explain to them that they've advertised it as an additional 40%off day they said there are terms and conditions. This is completely ludicrous false advertising bad business and completely misleading to any customer. Moreover the customer service are like robots spewing out 'I'm sorry' for the sake of a scripted message.

Additionally I had to call back customer service because when an item was clearly in my cart and had 9 minutes before It timed out; every time I went to check out it had disappeared. Yet when I went back the item is in my cart and the countdown timer was in effect. Once again I reluctantly called customer service, even though they had my file open the guy had no idea what promotions were on, what discounts were being given. Also I must've said belt four times and he kept reply responding with jacket. When I asked to speak to the manager and explained my grievances regarding an item that is no longer available there was no consolation or compensation offered. In addition she to was steadfast in her belief that despite advertisements on the site stating an additional 40% off would be taken off select items that $75 was the most that could be taken off any one item. And though I am Put on a waitkist for an item that is no longer available, should it be available I won't be able to use the current (misleading ) promo on it.
Bravo gilt you've created a real loyal customer out of me; not to mention word of mouth is the best advertising.

I had read articles in the oat saying This company was fledgedling I can see why now.
I have no idea why off fifth is even related to this company.

nadyad
11/6/16

I was a loyal regular guilt customer until now. I have purchased Burberry boots and wore them once for 30 min the stitching between the zipper and leather part came out creating a whole. Can't wear ,can't be repaired, expensive luxury brand. Called customer service and they don't care because it is a final sale item. I spend a lot of money on this site, they won't do anything, very rude.Shocked and disappointed. Bye bye Guilt.com

lauras195
10/29/16

Your request with Gilt City Support has been solved! Please see below. You can respond to us by simply replying to this email.

Stephen O'Reilly, Oct 26, 17:44 EDT:
Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out.

I am so sorry to hear you had such a poor experience at your brunch.

Unfortunately, as this offer has now ended and was marked final sale, we're unable to provide a refund. This policy was stated on the sale page for the offer, and again at checkout before your order was submitted. I'm so sorry for any disappointment!

I have however, applied a 10% courtesy gesture discount to your account, for use on your next Gilt City purchase. This discount will be valid for the next 30 days and has a maximum discount of $25.

Apologies again for any inconvenience or disappointment caused.

Should you ever need assistance for any future queries you can also contact us on Live Chat here - www.gilt.com/support.

Warm regards,
Stephen
Customer Service Specialist

laura smaldone, Oct 26, 09:36 EDT:
To whom may this concern,
I bought the Gilt City voucher for a Brunch for two in Le Granier, which was 48% off (retail value $88). But when I went to the restaurant, the only option they gave me for the voucher it was the Brunch menu (you can see a picture of the menu below) which cost every Sunday $19.95 per person ($39.9 for 2 people). Then I paid in the restaurant for the service 10% more. So I think it was a misrepresentation of the offer, because you are saying that you will pay $45 (but 48% of $88 is $42.24 and not $45 as I paid) and you will receive $88 service for a Brunch but this is not correct, there is no offer actually. I paid what it cost for a Brunch there.You should sell these offers without deceiving costumers.

drewc13
10/18/16

Ok it used to be that Gilt had GREAT prices even for Designer brands... NOW not only is everything top dollar, lots of items cannot be returned! ( handbags for one)
AND NO more free shipping?!?! REALLY?? Some of the worlds best stores offer free shipping BUT NOT Gilt! You ONLY get free shipppng as an offer AFTER you make the purchase, even if order is several hundred to thousands!!
Over gilt-They just lost another customer!

annap71
10/18/16

I have been Gilt customer for a long period. Just recently ordered jacket for my daughter, waited for a while to be shipped. Than i find out that gilt sent it to my old address, even through i provided them with my new long time ago. I tried to change it with gilt right the way, called Fedex, even called my old place for item pick up. Package end up going back to gilt, and when i contacted customer service they told me that my item is sold out, and i would have to be on wait list (maybe i will get it). When i asked to speak with manager, manager refused talking to me. Very disappointment.

jank32
10/1/16

I stopped shopping at Gilt.com because of the exchange rate.
They have good deals but when I consider exchange rate, shipping, tax and duties etc, then it ends up being pretty much the same as retail price in Canada. Zulily made Canadian site. Why Gilt isn't making one?

lesliet39
9/22/16

I have been a very good customer of gilt for years and their customer service has steadily gotten worse. I purchased a luxury mui mui bag for $700.00 on the model the bag hung mid torso but actual bag would not fit under my arm. Took many pictures and proved it was mis represented and still could not return it. I'm so disappointed I have deleted my gilt account and will no longer buy from them
Beware! They are not willing to keep a good customer!

Tip for consumers: Stay away!

adamk80
9/22/16

I honestly don't remember ever dealing with an "brand name" company that was so unfair and such a bunch of scumbags with such poor customer service.
I had a bunch of experiences with them and it was nothing but negative, never good.

Their Gilt city discount things that you buy are like living social or groupon. Except they expire after like a month and then they only give you the amount that you paid credit at the customer for five years. The problem is When you go to the place they have no idea what you're talking about.

I went on a date and I quietly went to the waitress and I told them about it. She said she has no idea what I'm talking about and when I spoke to the manager he would not honor it And embarrassed me in front of my day Who never spoke to me again

I've called them on multiple occasions for messed up things like this and they basically said sorry and there's nothing we can do Real scumbagsTHIEVES!

erikak11
9/14/16

I ordered a YSL bag that was described as calf leather. The bag came and had a suede appearance and the authenticity card stated that it was coated velour. I have called about 10 times over the past week only to get the runaround by rude and unhelpful customer service representatives. This morning, Paul stated that there was nowhere in the description that guaranteed that it would be genuine leather. I told him that the description of the bag was calf leather and that was a guarantee in it of itself. Even though the bag was final sale their return policy states that an item that is incorrect is subject to a full refund, however, they do not honor this. There is no one to speak with. They said there is an operations manager, but that I cannot speak with them. I also asked if I could talk to corporate and they said good luck you will speak to a receptionist who will only route you back to us, a customer service group in Ireland. They went so far as to suggest that I dispute the claim with my bank. Is this any way to run a business? They misrepresented the item that I was buying and now do not want to take responsibility. I will never buy from them again and caution anyone who thinks of doing so.

477 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

20 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
amirs21
Amir S.
on 12/12/16
Answer
gilts3
Gilt S. [Gilt Rep]
A: Hi Amir

You should get a confirmation email within moments of doing this.
Please check your spam folder! If this is not there we can help If you call us at 877 280 0545 or emaIl us at service@gilt.com . Cheers, Brody, GiltService
on 12/14/16
on 10/12/16
Answer
gilts3
Gilt S. [Gilt Rep]
A: Hi Darren, The shoes on our site are high quality. If an item is available for next day delivery, this will show up for you at checkout. I hope this helps- Catherine, GiltService
on 10/14/16