US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

nicoleg68
11/30/16

I am so disappointed. From my experience, if nothing goes wrong with your order, you should be okay. If any type of issue occurs, you will regret ordering from this site.
I really like the style of the furniture at GILT. My first order was a cracked glass top for my table that I was satisfied with. I decided to order from GILT again and wanted to get an end table. The wrong order was put into my cart. Right after I had checked out I noticed it was the wrong item. I contacted them immediately to cancel the order (their cancellation policy is 5 minutes after the order is placed) so I could get the item that I had actually wanted. It took them 2 hours to get back to me. Dylan, my customer service rep, told me it was too late for customer service to cancel it. He told me if it had not left the warehouse the delivery team would be able to cancel it. He said I would be contacted within 1 business day. This took place Saturday. I was expecting a call or email today, Monday. He also gave me a link for a live chat. I contacted the live chat team today. Cian, the live chat rep, told me it would take 3-5 days for an answer. I definitely feel like I am getting the run-around with this website. According to Dylan is a time sensitive situation and there is no urgency.

timh87
11/30/16

To everyone that took the time to write a review of gilt.com,

Thank you so much for your service. I'm sorry that you all had to suffer in the eclectic ways that you have, but you should know that your reviews have gone to a good cause. I almost purchased a pair of shoes off of the gilt website today, but decided to do some cursory research on gilt as I had never ordered from there before. I was shocked and disgusted to read the reviews of the gilt.com website, and due to these reviews I will not be ordering shoes, or anything else for that matter, from gilt.com. Soon enough, the incremental contributions that you all have made will result in the end of this horrible site. I will instead pay double the price to order the same shoes from Zappos, as that is how much I value my time and piece of mind. Again, thank you to you all. Your service is very much appreciated.

michaela277
11/27/16

The customer service provided by Maureen and Karen at GILT was fantastic. They not only helped correct MY mistake in ordering but also honored the original price I paid for the item. They responded quickly, even though it was Thanksgiving and provided clear and concise direction on how to correct the problem. I was very impressed with their response and assistance. Not many companies are so responsive. THANKYOU!!!

ps143
11/24/16

Today with the Black Friday sales started they have widely advertised all over their website that certain items would be an ADDITIONAL 40% off. except every time I went to the checkout only 20% was taken off. When I inquired about this through their customer service they said that the total discount given for any item would be $75 maximum. When I explain to them that they've advertised it as an additional 40%off day they said there are terms and conditions. This is completely ludicrous false advertising bad business and completely misleading to any customer. Moreover the customer service are like robots spewing out 'I'm sorry' for the sake of a scripted message.

Additionally I had to call back customer service because when an item was clearly in my cart and had 9 minutes before It timed out; every time I went to check out it had disappeared. Yet when I went back the item is in my cart and the countdown timer was in effect. Once again I reluctantly called customer service, even though they had my file open the guy had no idea what promotions were on, what discounts were being given. Also I must've said belt four times and he kept reply responding with jacket. When I asked to speak to the manager and explained my grievances regarding an item that is no longer available there was no consolation or compensation offered. In addition she to was steadfast in her belief that despite advertisements on the site stating an additional 40% off would be taken off select items that $75 was the most that could be taken off any one item. And though I am Put on a waitkist for an item that is no longer available, should it be available I won't be able to use the current (misleading ) promo on it.
Bravo gilt you've created a real loyal customer out of me; not to mention word of mouth is the best advertising.

I had read articles in the oat saying This company was fledgedling I can see why now.
I have no idea why off fifth is even related to this company.

nadyad
11/6/16

I was a loyal regular guilt customer until now. I have purchased Burberry boots and wore them once for 30 min the stitching between the zipper and leather part came out creating a whole. Can't wear ,can't be repaired, expensive luxury brand. Called customer service and they don't care because it is a final sale item. I spend a lot of money on this site, they won't do anything, very rude.Shocked and disappointed. Bye bye Guilt.com

lauras195
10/29/16

Your request with Gilt City Support has been solved! Please see below. You can respond to us by simply replying to this email.

Stephen O'Reilly, Oct 26, 17:44 EDT:
Hi Laura,

Thank you for reaching out.

I am so sorry to hear you had such a poor experience at your brunch.

Unfortunately, as this offer has now ended and was marked final sale, we're unable to provide a refund. This policy was stated on the sale page for the offer, and again at checkout before your order was submitted. I'm so sorry for any disappointment!

I have however, applied a 10% courtesy gesture discount to your account, for use on your next Gilt City purchase. This discount will be valid for the next 30 days and has a maximum discount of $25.

Apologies again for any inconvenience or disappointment caused.

Should you ever need assistance for any future queries you can also contact us on Live Chat here - www.gilt.com/support.

Warm regards,
Stephen
Customer Service Specialist

laura smaldone, Oct 26, 09:36 EDT:
To whom may this concern,
I bought the Gilt City voucher for a Brunch for two in Le Granier, which was 48% off (retail value $88). But when I went to the restaurant, the only option they gave me for the voucher it was the Brunch menu (you can see a picture of the menu below) which cost every Sunday $19.95 per person ($39.9 for 2 people). Then I paid in the restaurant for the service 10% more. So I think it was a misrepresentation of the offer, because you are saying that you will pay $45 (but 48% of $88 is $42.24 and not $45 as I paid) and you will receive $88 service for a Brunch but this is not correct, there is no offer actually. I paid what it cost for a Brunch there.You should sell these offers without deceiving costumers.

drewc13
10/18/16

Ok it used to be that Gilt had GREAT prices even for Designer brands... NOW not only is everything top dollar, lots of items cannot be returned! ( handbags for one)
AND NO more free shipping?!?! REALLY?? Some of the worlds best stores offer free shipping BUT NOT Gilt! You ONLY get free shipppng as an offer AFTER you make the purchase, even if order is several hundred to thousands!!
Over gilt-They just lost another customer!

annap71
10/18/16

I have been Gilt customer for a long period. Just recently ordered jacket for my daughter, waited for a while to be shipped. Than i find out that gilt sent it to my old address, even through i provided them with my new long time ago. I tried to change it with gilt right the way, called Fedex, even called my old place for item pick up. Package end up going back to gilt, and when i contacted customer service they told me that my item is sold out, and i would have to be on wait list (maybe i will get it). When i asked to speak with manager, manager refused talking to me. Very disappointment.

jank32
10/1/16

I stopped shopping at Gilt.com because of the exchange rate.
They have good deals but when I consider exchange rate, shipping, tax and duties etc, then it ends up being pretty much the same as retail price in Canada. Zulily made Canadian site. Why Gilt isn't making one?

lesliet39
9/22/16

I have been a very good customer of gilt for years and their customer service has steadily gotten worse. I purchased a luxury mui mui bag for $700.00 on the model the bag hung mid torso but actual bag would not fit under my arm. Took many pictures and proved it was mis represented and still could not return it. I'm so disappointed I have deleted my gilt account and will no longer buy from them
Beware! They are not willing to keep a good customer!

Tip for consumers: Stay away!

adamk80
9/22/16

I honestly don't remember ever dealing with an "brand name" company that was so unfair and such a bunch of scumbags with such poor customer service.
I had a bunch of experiences with them and it was nothing but negative, never good.

Their Gilt city discount things that you buy are like living social or groupon. Except they expire after like a month and then they only give you the amount that you paid credit at the customer for five years. The problem is When you go to the place they have no idea what you're talking about.

I went on a date and I quietly went to the waitress and I told them about it. She said she has no idea what I'm talking about and when I spoke to the manager he would not honor it And embarrassed me in front of my day Who never spoke to me again

I've called them on multiple occasions for messed up things like this and they basically said sorry and there's nothing we can do Real scumbagsTHIEVES!

erikak11
9/14/16

I ordered a YSL bag that was described as calf leather. The bag came and had a suede appearance and the authenticity card stated that it was coated velour. I have called about 10 times over the past week only to get the runaround by rude and unhelpful customer service representatives. This morning, Paul stated that there was nowhere in the description that guaranteed that it would be genuine leather. I told him that the description of the bag was calf leather and that was a guarantee in it of itself. Even though the bag was final sale their return policy states that an item that is incorrect is subject to a full refund, however, they do not honor this. There is no one to speak with. They said there is an operations manager, but that I cannot speak with them. I also asked if I could talk to corporate and they said good luck you will speak to a receptionist who will only route you back to us, a customer service group in Ireland. They went so far as to suggest that I dispute the claim with my bank. Is this any way to run a business? They misrepresented the item that I was buying and now do not want to take responsibility. I will never buy from them again and caution anyone who thinks of doing so.

annam177
9/9/16

Placed an order on August 17th, still have not received it. Estimated delivery day is September 10th, almost a month to ship a package from two states away and that's after paying $10 for shipping. If you want to ever get the items you paid for, choose another company. Totally not worth it.

mariae48
9/6/16

Purchased ans paid for a dress & they said they ran out and automaticallt shipped a totally different item. Meanwhile i had to wait 2 months to get my money back being forced to return the unsolicated item. The worst customer service ever & rudest reps .
Will never buy from there - not worth it.

sneham3
9/4/16

I paid $33.95 for a next day delivery because I was in a hurry to get what I had purchased. When I checked my estimated delivery date/time, it was given a week later. I called up customer service and they informed that nothing could be done. I would not have paid for a next day delivery if I knew the delivery would be a week later, when I could have just gone with the regular shipping method to get it at the same time.

vickiea6
9/4/16

I placed an order for a couch on 7/16/2016. with a delivery date between 8/2-8/10. I placed many calls to Gilt asking for updates. My purchase was coming from the manufacturer. So Gilt, didn't have any info about my order. Today, on 9/1. I get some info on the order. The manufacturer doesn't have the couch. Will get it in stock mid October. The delivery in Nov. Gilt asked if I would like a 150.00 refund (once the couch is delivered or a 75.00 credit towards another couch) Are you kidding? I wanted to cancel this order back in Aug and you won't let me because it was final order. Today, finally after waiting three weeks and because I wouldn't extend waiting until Nov. or a 75.00 credit towards a new Couch. s

bethz6
8/24/16

I always look forward to this store for shopping, Nice store.

jays390
8/21/16

I am another victim of the tmobile tuesday gilt.com rip off.

They are lousy! Lock you out! I spent real money in addition to the gift card my family was given.

I guess they limit 1 per order so they can make more money off of people and their insane shipping rate of $7.95 for a pair of socks.

I used gift cards and also paid some with my credit card.... they charged my card yet did not send me any emails! I have contacted my bank, credit card company and Better Business Bureau regarding their awful handling of this. I am lucky to have a good credit card company that sided with me and is looking into this matter.

mariac160
8/19/16

I've been a member of Gilt for years, and despite numerous unpleasant experiences with the return policy, exorbitantly long shipping times, and customer service, I gave the site another try and purchased a jumpsuit.

Nearly 3 weeks after I click "Buy" on the site, I finally received a shipping notification, my romper was on it's way. I received a FedEx notification that the romper would be delivered while I was at work. When I returned home, there was no package at my door. The FedEx shipping status said that the package was being returned to sender due to an incorrect shipping address. I checked my order on Gilt, I had entered the same shipping address I always used and it was in fact correct.

I reached out to customer service, they told me that they could not re-route the item back to me. Additionally, they could not guarantee that I could secure the item at this point. I would have to wait for the item to be returned, reposted on the site, and then I would need to re-purchase it to then wait another 3 weeks for it to be delivered.

In a day where Amazon can deliver purchases to you in an hour, I do not understand how companies like Gilt survive. I will never purchase from Gilt again. Let this be the straw that broke the camel's back.

Tip for consumers: Only purchase items from this site if you are extremely patient and can handle supremely inefficient processes.

mollyl20
8/19/16

I used some credits I got from a promotion and they cancel my order and closed my account for no reason! Now all my credits are gone and no explanation from them. What kind of business is it?!? I'm vwry frustrated with them.

bobs249
8/18/16

Everything is super expensive for no reason. Website wants you to put in credit card info and more just to put in promo codes.

Needs your email before even being able to put a item in the cart.

terrible website.

laurap102
8/13/16

a promotion was sent to me via email but it came in a day late and then the terms of when it could be used and when it expired were not clearly displayed so I ordered the items listed thinking I would get an extra 30% off but I was a day late and the promotion had expired. It was supposed to run from 8/1-8/3 and I received the email on 8/2 and then tried to use the coupon on 8/4. Customer service originally tried to offer me a 15% discount on my NEXT purchase but I felt that I should have gotten it on this one and not be made to spend more money to get the savings that should have been applied to this order. After following up and excellating this to a manager it was finally resolved. Considering the savings was only $13.20 I felt that it should have been able to be resolved on the first contact.

gioc6
8/10/16

Gilt

Where do I start! This website is a total scam. They took one picture of the watch and said that it was a man's watch. The picture wasn't even taken from their website they probably got it off of Google images. I finally received the watch that by the way,  took FOREVER! And noticed that the band was defective. I tried it on anyway and it didn't fit my wrist! When I called to complain they said "well, it's a unisex watch, it's for men and women".
The customer service was terrible. I was treated very disrespectfully. I wanted to return the watch and they wouldn't take it back. I even had to go as far as to complain with the BBB (better business bureau). So now I'm stuck with a $3,200.00 watch that has a broken wrist band and doesn't even fit me!!

wendyj28
8/9/16

I several items from Gilt July 8, a month later only one of 17 items arrived, and it arrived broken. The packing slip shows there should have been several items in the box, but that was not the case. All the other items are still show 'in transit' . This is so frustrating as many of these items were summer gifts for friends.

pm69
8/7/16

Be wary of buying fine jewelry on Gilt. First, the jewelry is heavily marked up (upto 3x) then discounted to make it appear as a good deal. Second, the jewelry does not arrive with brand's own packaging.I can back this with my experience with the Amrapali brand jewelry bought on Gilt.
I bought a pair of Amrapali earrings on Gilt, which was not just significantly marked up but arrived without standard Amrapali packaging (red box or drawstring pouch), or instructions for care or any certificate of authenticity (you would get that if you purchase diamonds on Amrapali's own website). I received a pair of diamond earrings in bubble wrap packed in Gilt shipping box. Having purchased Amrapali jewelry over the years both in-store and online from their website, I know the difference.

I also compared some identical jewelry pieces available on both Amrapali website and the Gilt site. After the supposed discount, Gilt was selling most jewelry for a couple of hundred dollars over what the brand itself charges. The Gilt discount is just a sham for those too lazy to do the comparison. I would not recommend buying fine jewelry at Gilt.

477 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 10/12/16
Answer
gilts3
A: Hi Darren, The shoes on our site are high quality. If an item is available for next day delivery, this will show up for you at checkout. I hope this helps- Catherine, GiltService
on 10/14/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
on 9/9/16
Answer
gilts3
A: Hi Candyce, Our vintage items are supplied to us by our trusted independent suppliers. We guarantee all our items and the condition will be stated on the salepage before purchase. I hope this helps - Catherine, GiltService
on 10/14/16