Review of Gilt

New York, NY 10016
support@gilt.com

melodyf9
6/24/17

Ordered a TAN croasbody Balenciaga. Received a MAVY BLUE envelope clutch. Called customer service amd they were very apologetic. I then receive an email offering me $75 refund if I decide ti keep tue bag insteaf of return it. Ummmm....ot wasn't even CLOSE to what I ordered ao I have no idea why they thought I'd take that offer. Returned it and am awaiting my refund. (fingers crossed...). After a few emails back and forth and at mu suggestion, they decided to offer me $50 off a future order but good for only 2 weeks. They lost a potentially great customer as I am a frequent online shopper. Thumbs down, GILT.

taraa19
6/23/17

I own the same pair of Valentino Flats I purchased from this website. I thought since I loved my first pair(which were not from Gilt.com) that they would be exactly the same only in a different color. When i walked 5-10 minutes to dinner from my apartment my heels and pinky toes had large blisters. These were damaged product from the smart of them selling irregular and incorrect shoes. I agree with a couple reviews when I say I cant give no stars, because if I could you would not even get one. Then I asked to return them, and they say no. Bad customer Service. I will and won't ever shop this site again. Last $388 I ever spend. SHAME

jessicab245
6/21/17

BELIEVE ALL THE REVIEWS YOU READ! Company is a total scam! Ordered (4) dresses a month ago for delivery tomorrow. Today they have inventory problems and cancelled my order. Did give me a $25 credit....as if I'd ever shop there again! Horrible customer service as well!

luizae
6/17/17

I purchased a Gilt Sample Sale ticket. 9 days after purchasing Gilt send an email that the sale is now being sold at 50%. I contacted their customer service immediately and they said no price matches after 7 days. I explained multiple times that this is not a product and a Gilt Sponsored Event. They did not budge. I opened a BBB case, in the beginning the Gilt management team did not want to help either. They claimed they didn't see a price reduction for the event and it is now sold out. I had to send them a copy of the email plus the screen shot of the day that I saw the prices at 50% off. After providing those documents they refunded me the difference. They are very hard to deal with, they don't want to make any exceptions for anyone. Their customer service doesn't care about your concern. I had to fight tooth and nail to get the refund.

olgas34
5/21/17

I had purchase gold earrings with pearls,when I received it looks like bought in the 99 cents,and thera many dents.Iitem non-returnable.
Unfortunately it was the worst experience.
picture on the site absolutely doesn't match the real picture.dont recommend.
I ll never recommend your shop anyone and definitely will write review.

jordanw42
5/18/17

I ordered a couch from their website. Listed as grey and the pic clearly showed grey. What I received is a very bluish couch. Clearly, it does not match the photo or description as listed. They basically told me too bad, final sale.
When comparing the pic from the website and an unaltered/unadjusted pic of this ridiculous couch sitting in my living room, it's clear they have no clue. Safe to say that whomever I've chatted with from Gilt has never seen the physical couch, so how can they determine whether it's as described or not.

alicias58
5/16/17

Quick, easy and efficient. Someone got back to me right away and she followed through with my request a month later when it was possible to do so. Would have been even better if they could have processed the request immediately but that wasn't possible here.

charlenet10
5/10/17

Think twice before you buy anything!!! I have been waiting for 3 weeks to receive a credit back to my card for a return. I have called five times and they are blaming the credit card company!! they are the worst!!

johnp530
5/4/17

How could a company that wants to sell pants not provide inseam details? Unbelievable. And then when you complain the respondent claims that "most products" have the information. when that's patently not true.

kimberlys110
5/2/17

Nothing at this company is refundable or returnable. Beware, if you order anything you aren't happy with you can never get your money back. Do not shop here!

Kim

kathym155
4/22/17

Purchased a RedCarter one piece swimsuit on my AMEX. So glad I purchased with this card. Waited a full month and still no swimsuit. Called Customer Service and they explained it was a "sell first", whatever the heck that means. Bottom line they escalated my order so I would get my suit faster. That was sweet of them. Received the package one week later, low and behold I open the package and out comes top only, no bottoms, no one piece RedCarter suit like I ordered. Immediately called Customer "Disservice" and complained. Was told the warehouse had the wrong order number. The packing slip clearly said one piece---guess they thought no one would notice if I went naked on the bottom. They can't send a replacement b/c don't have the suit anymore after 5 weeks of waiting. Probably never had it in the first place. Listen to the reviews and double digit negative ratings. Must really **** to work in Customer Disservice and for that matter at Gilt.

matthewo24
4/12/17

They cancelled my order, locked my accounts and made no attempt whatsoever to contact me...all because I put a new shipping address for my order!
After contacting customer service and waiting 20 minutes on hold, a supervisor mumbled "a new address is the same as fraud and we have the right to close an account and cancel an order for any reason, which you agreed to when you signed up". When asked why they wouldn't simply contact the customer (me) to verify the information, I was told "We will never attempt to contact the customer because the contact information we have on file could be the fraudulent person's".
Are you kidding me? Give me a break. By far the absolute worst customer service I have experienced, next to Comcast.

lindae76
3/24/17

I almost purchased something from this website because of the email they sent with the extra 30 percent off with code Guilt30, as I was trying to check out, I could not add the coupon code until I provide name,shipping address and credit card info. So I decided to check on their review and I was so glad that I did. I will never buy anything from this site ever. Will put them as SPAM. Thank you for posting all your reviews to warn consumer like me.

lawanan1
3/16/17

I purchased a dress for my gra daughters nursery, 2 months ago... well this is the 2nd one , the first dresser was broken in transit ( so Gilt says) order AGAIN, deliever date came and went, still know dresser, again! Everytime I call I get a run around. THEY ( gilt) never returns calls, I have to call them back every time . I have literally begged them to just deliever item.. ( because our granddaughter is going to be born in a WEEK, I have ran out of time to order item from another place) oh, BTW the dresser is literally a 1/2 hr from where it needs to be delivered, and has been so for a 2 weeks, JUST SIT TING IN A WARE HOUSE IT WASSUPPOSED to be delived on March 6th... ... now ( my husband has said HE WOULD PICK IT UP, AND DELIEVER TO OUR SONS HOME, so the nursey could be complete) gilt said that was not possible. I have spent so much time on phone trying to get them to deliver item..it is unbelievable. .. I feel so dumb for not cancelLing order, and going somewhere else. ... PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, DON'T AGGRESSIVE URSELF, WITH THIS COMPANY ....so not worth the "saving"...

christineh102
3/3/17

No trust company!!!!! They are liar!!! I purchased shoes from Gilt.com, but the size was tooooo big so I tried to return the item at that time but they said that the item I purchased is non refundable so I claimed the dispute through the credit card company and Gilt.com said that I do accept the return but I have never tried to call them to return... They said all item which is on sale is non refundable.... They are playing words with me... I'm so disappointed...

malloryl
2/23/17

To be fair I got some decent prices on some cute stuff for my toddlers. Ordered a lot. Spent a lot. Achieved premier status....but the love affair is over. Their referral program is a joke. They don't follow through when you solicit for them you don't get your credit. They come up with excuses. Their customer service just sucks in a nutshell. Don't even bother because they're right no matter what. I've been sold now on sticking with my old go too Nordstrom rack and sacks off fifth. Prices are just as good and customer service is miles above. Seems Nordstrom and Saks appreciate their customers.

seagramm
2/21/17

Customer service is worst with GILT
The products are not upto the mark - they present it well but when you use those you will feel that the product quality is not even comparable to cheapest brands
They are just spoofing the prices for low quality products
Better buy from brand stores than this fake retailer

nilek
2/21/17

Gilt USED to have good quality products back in the day, but it's clear that they are no longer the same kind of company they used to be. I bought a suit from them which was advertised as being "100% wool" and claimed the sizing ran small. I ordered my regular size for suits as I've done for years with all sorts of designers. I received my suit, it was NOT 100% wool as advertised, in fact it was mostly polyester blend, and the sizing was RIDICULOUS. This suit was nearly 3-4 sizes too large, I was swimming in it! And because it was a final sale I am stuck with a worthless, cheap suit which would probably cost MORE to get tailored than what I paid for the actual suit. I'll never order from this crooked company again.

christend
2/9/17

Been with this company since it started! Love the merchandise and never had a problem until last fall, 2016. A return took so long to process, over a month, and no apology or empathy at all with customer service! Unacceptable! I live in the United States, nothing takes that long to process, you held my money on purpose!

lindar173
2/8/17

I purchased a watch that was priced at $134 (reduced from $475). Afterwards I checked the prices that the watch was being sold for. It was priced anywhere from $94 to $115 - not $475. Purchasers have five minutes to change their mind before the purchase becomes final. Is this fair? Do not use Gilt.

tammyt35
2/6/17

Purchased Balpearl Baroque Fresh Water Pearls. Upon arrived, I noticed that color was completely off. I complained. No response. This week, a mere 1 month later, the pearls fall apart! Really??? $1050 down the drain. Stay away.

leap2
2/5/17

Items are NOT as advertised !!! I Bought an expensive piece of jewelry . The pictures online vs. the piece I recvd were completely different ! False advertising !!!! The piece Also did not have proper stamps . Customer service refused to do anything stating it's "final sale" !!!!

jx11
2/4/17

Bought several underwears from gilt. The inner lining of one of them almost completely came off after 2 times of hand washing. Called up customer support and was told that won't be able to get refund because I had washed it. Well, if I hadn't washed it how would I know it is so poor quality? I received the item in December and called them in January - not to mention the order arrived outside of the estimated window. Both the Rep and her supervisor insisted that it was most likely due to the way I washed it and said I would need to contact the vendor if unsatisfied with the quality of the product. Sounded super rude over the phone. Have spent $2000+ on Gilt and not going to any longer.

nancyt75
2/2/17

I purchased a handbag $900+tax =$974 on Saturday and paid gilt gift card. On sunday they have promotion for $200 for my handbag and i call the customer service complain about that and they cr back to my account for discount on next time is$200 not included tax. Because i paid tax fot $900. But it's ok to when i lost $16 for the sale tax...the reason is do BAD, BAD BAD About Gilt that they wont refund to my gift card, but they put $200 on my next purchase discount...because gift isy money.....

dixinf
1/24/17

I should've read reviews before shopping there. They marked something as small fitting and to order half a size up when in fact the shoes I got are true to size. I ordered half a size up which is too big and they will not even offer a partial store credit minus shipping fees and restocking fees. On top of this they won't give me any insider points because I didn't opt in for a free Insider account when I made the purchase. Explanation I got for customers not automatically accumulating points is some people don't want cashback. ARE THESE PEOPLE FOR REAL? At this point the rep abruptly left the chat room which is fine. I won't be dealing with these people again.

Tip for consumers: Don't gamble with your hard earned money, look elsewhere.

477 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

23 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 1/6/13
on 4/29/17
on 2/21/17
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other customers.

22 Photos for Gilt