Review of Gilt

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kathym155
4/22/17

Purchased a RedCarter one piece swimsuit on my AMEX. So glad I purchased with this card. Waited a full month and still no swimsuit. Called Customer Service and they explained it was a "sell first", whatever the heck that means. Bottom line they escalated my order so I would get my suit faster. That was sweet of them. Received the package one week later, low and behold I open the package and out comes top only, no bottoms, no one piece RedCarter suit like I ordered. Immediately called Customer "Disservice" and complained. Was told the warehouse had the wrong order number. The packing slip clearly said one piece---guess they thought no one would notice if I went naked on the bottom. They can't send a replacement b/c don't have the suit anymore after 5 weeks of waiting. Probably never had it in the first place. Listen to the reviews and double digit negative ratings. Must really **** to work in Customer Disservice and for that matter at Gilt.

matthewo24
4/12/17

They cancelled my order, locked my accounts and made no attempt whatsoever to contact me...all because I put a new shipping address for my order!
After contacting customer service and waiting 20 minutes on hold, a supervisor mumbled "a new address is the same as fraud and we have the right to close an account and cancel an order for any reason, which you agreed to when you signed up". When asked why they wouldn't simply contact the customer (me) to verify the information, I was told "We will never attempt to contact the customer because the contact information we have on file could be the fraudulent person's".
Are you kidding me? Give me a break. By far the absolute worst customer service I have experienced, next to Comcast.

lindae76
3/24/17

I almost purchased something from this website because of the email they sent with the extra 30 percent off with code Guilt30, as I was trying to check out, I could not add the coupon code until I provide name,shipping address and credit card info. So I decided to check on their review and I was so glad that I did. I will never buy anything from this site ever. Will put them as SPAM. Thank you for posting all your reviews to warn consumer like me.

lawanan1
3/16/17

I purchased a dress for my gra daughters nursery, 2 months ago... well this is the 2nd one , the first dresser was broken in transit ( so Gilt says) order AGAIN, deliever date came and went, still know dresser, again! Everytime I call I get a run around. THEY ( gilt) never returns calls, I have to call them back every time . I have literally begged them to just deliever item.. ( because our granddaughter is going to be born in a WEEK, I have ran out of time to order item from another place) oh, BTW the dresser is literally a 1/2 hr from where it needs to be delivered, and has been so for a 2 weeks, JUST SIT TING IN A WARE HOUSE IT WASSUPPOSED to be delived on March 6th... ... now ( my husband has said HE WOULD PICK IT UP, AND DELIEVER TO OUR SONS HOME, so the nursey could be complete) gilt said that was not possible. I have spent so much time on phone trying to get them to deliver item..it is unbelievable. .. I feel so dumb for not cancelLing order, and going somewhere else. ... PLEASE DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY, DON'T AGGRESSIVE URSELF, WITH THIS COMPANY ....so not worth the "saving"...

christineh102
3/3/17

No trust company!!!!! They are liar!!! I purchased shoes from Gilt.com, but the size was tooooo big so I tried to return the item at that time but they said that the item I purchased is non refundable so I claimed the dispute through the credit card company and Gilt.com said that I do accept the return but I have never tried to call them to return... They said all item which is on sale is non refundable.... They are playing words with me... I'm so disappointed...

malloryl
2/23/17

To be fair I got some decent prices on some cute stuff for my toddlers. Ordered a lot. Spent a lot. Achieved premier status....but the love affair is over. Their referral program is a joke. They don't follow through when you solicit for them you don't get your credit. They come up with excuses. Their customer service just sucks in a nutshell. Don't even bother because they're right no matter what. I've been sold now on sticking with my old go too Nordstrom rack and sacks off fifth. Prices are just as good and customer service is miles above. Seems Nordstrom and Saks appreciate their customers.

seagramm
2/21/17

Customer service is worst with GILT
The products are not upto the mark - they present it well but when you use those you will feel that the product quality is not even comparable to cheapest brands
They are just spoofing the prices for low quality products
Better buy from brand stores than this fake retailer

nilek
2/21/17

Gilt USED to have good quality products back in the day, but it's clear that they are no longer the same kind of company they used to be. I bought a suit from them which was advertised as being "100% wool" and claimed the sizing ran small. I ordered my regular size for suits as I've done for years with all sorts of designers. I received my suit, it was NOT 100% wool as advertised, in fact it was mostly polyester blend, and the sizing was RIDICULOUS. This suit was nearly 3-4 sizes too large, I was swimming in it! And because it was a final sale I am stuck with a worthless, cheap suit which would probably cost MORE to get tailored than what I paid for the actual suit. I'll never order from this crooked company again.

christend
2/9/17

Been with this company since it started! Love the merchandise and never had a problem until last fall, 2016. A return took so long to process, over a month, and no apology or empathy at all with customer service! Unacceptable! I live in the United States, nothing takes that long to process, you held my money on purpose!

lindar173
2/8/17

I purchased a watch that was priced at $134 (reduced from $475). Afterwards I checked the prices that the watch was being sold for. It was priced anywhere from $94 to $115 - not $475. Purchasers have five minutes to change their mind before the purchase becomes final. Is this fair? Do not use Gilt.

tammyt35
2/6/17

Purchased Balpearl Baroque Fresh Water Pearls. Upon arrived, I noticed that color was completely off. I complained. No response. This week, a mere 1 month later, the pearls fall apart! Really??? $1050 down the drain. Stay away.

leap2
2/5/17

Items are NOT as advertised !!! I Bought an expensive piece of jewelry . The pictures online vs. the piece I recvd were completely different ! False advertising !!!! The piece Also did not have proper stamps . Customer service refused to do anything stating it's "final sale" !!!!

jx11
2/4/17

Bought several underwears from gilt. The inner lining of one of them almost completely came off after 2 times of hand washing. Called up customer support and was told that won't be able to get refund because I had washed it. Well, if I hadn't washed it how would I know it is so poor quality? I received the item in December and called them in January - not to mention the order arrived outside of the estimated window. Both the Rep and her supervisor insisted that it was most likely due to the way I washed it and said I would need to contact the vendor if unsatisfied with the quality of the product. Sounded super rude over the phone. Have spent $2000+ on Gilt and not going to any longer.

nancyt75
2/2/17

I purchased a handbag $900+tax =$974 on Saturday and paid gilt gift card. On sunday they have promotion for $200 for my handbag and i call the customer service complain about that and they cr back to my account for discount on next time is$200 not included tax. Because i paid tax fot $900. But it's ok to when i lost $16 for the sale tax...the reason is do BAD, BAD BAD About Gilt that they wont refund to my gift card, but they put $200 on my next purchase discount...because gift isy money.....

dixinf
1/24/17

I should've read reviews before shopping there. They marked something as small fitting and to order half a size up when in fact the shoes I got are true to size. I ordered half a size up which is too big and they will not even offer a partial store credit minus shipping fees and restocking fees. On top of this they won't give me any insider points because I didn't opt in for a free Insider account when I made the purchase. Explanation I got for customers not automatically accumulating points is some people don't want cashback. ARE THESE PEOPLE FOR REAL? At this point the rep abruptly left the chat room which is fine. I won't be dealing with these people again.

Tip for consumers: Don't gamble with your hard earned money, look elsewhere.

kathas1
1/14/17

First time with Gilt. I made an order from Australia. I have set my preference on currency as AUD dollars in Gilt preference setting. All the items was priced on AUD after CONVERTED from Us dollars.
I made a purchased which clearly in Aud dollars.worth $257 after converted from Us Dollars. When I look into my bank account Gilt has taken Us$257 and that lead to $354 Aud dollars. That almost $100 difference.
I have contacted Gilt. And they said the price was set on US dollars. How would that happens .When all items was shown in AUD dollars and to my knowledge I made a purchased on Marked price in AUD Dollars and I should be paid in that price and currency that been shown .
I love online shopping and I never ever have this kind of incident anywhere else . Instead of refund me the difference but Gilt given me 15% OFF NEXT PURCHASE instead .Is this how you solve the problem. And you think that would make me want to order from you again. Come on guy
I will tell all my friends to be aware. Am not happy.

Order number 85187806

meerkatb
1/8/17

I received 3 emails in December to place 5 orders above $75 until mid January to maintain my Gilt Noir practice. I did place 5 orders between the time I received the 2nd "reminder" in December, and January 4th. It turns out they are only counting the January orders. Nowhere in the Gilt emails nor the the actual webpage explaining the Gilt Noir Membership "challenge" was there an "opt-in" date. I would have never placed the December orders if there was any mention of this.

Additionally, they take AGES to ship and they do not accept any returns on international orders, which is unfair.

kennethg41
1/8/17

I purchased a "Vintage" designer handbag that was described as "excellent condition, no visible signs of wear". It took me one minute to discover the cracked leather and poor condition of the bag. Gilt was very rude and abusive and refused to accept the bag back.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here

mariannef7
1/2/17

I have been a customer of Gilt for years and have purchased many online designer items from them in the past but have noticed a drastic decline in the quality of the merchandise on this site. I just this morning received two items from them, that were not what was advertised on the site and really I wouldn't even give them away. Terrible material and incorrect size. I shopped with" Gilt" monthly and am considered a premier account holder. I loved everything about the site, including the customer service. Today however was the last straw and the items were so defective that I honestly felt taken advantage of. I also notice on the returns slip that the order number is faded out and is hardly legible. Don't understand the rationale here at all. A good business model that is being run into the ground.

Tip for consumers: It is relatively easy to return items and I have got excellent value for money in the past so if you know the designer and its a good price, then its probably worth it as you can return the item if you are dissatisfied .

marisav2
12/24/16

Gilt still has such great stuff! Customer service was fast, courteous and accurate. Can't ask for better.

sharons187
12/24/16

I bought some Maurizio sheets from Gilt and the sheets were defective. I bought a king size set and the "fitted" sheet should have been for a king but way way too large. It would not even have fit a California king - it would have been too large for that. I never expected that problem. I looked over the sheets before washing them to make sure there were no defects but never expected them to be TOO large. I did not expect the best quality but this was a bit ridiculous. I contacted Gilt and their response was sorry they are defective but it is final sale!

lindao58
12/24/16

I had a horrible experience with Gilt! I ordered an expensive pair of shoes as a Christmas gift. They never arrived so I finally found a live representative and they cancelled my order and my account without ever telling me. Now they sold out of my shoes. Never order from this site!!!

julieg109
12/23/16

I almost never write reviews for products, but this one is a necessary warning. I have been a customer of Gilt for years and noticed a marked decline in quality over the last year. Every item I received had arrived other than advertised. The last straw was a designer bag I had purchased online for nearly $2,000. Though advertised and priced as new, the item arrived in a dirty dust bag without its original packaging or tags. It also showed wear and tear on the back. When I contacted customer service, they refused to take responsibility. I purchased what I assumed was a brand new designer bag and in return received suspect merchandise. This company has become dishonest and unethical. Do not waste your money or energy here!

deanw40
12/22/16

If you go on their mobile app, a lot of the sales say "Additional 40% off". Unfortunately it is only true to a max $$ amount, usually $50 or $75. No where I can find is there fine print that states this...Used to be a great site to get great deals, now it is close to being a scam site with most items non-returnable for any reason. Designer sizes vary so much it is not worth the risk...

wonyoungc
12/17/16

Cheapest cashmere ever. Refused to refunded even the
Items are defected. Reducing prices right after they say
It's on final sale and they'll never match the prices. Worst customer services cheapest items ever. Just over pricing for everything at gilt.

477 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gilt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
tinakent
Tinaken T.
on 2/21/17
Answer
gilts3
Gilt S. [Gilt Rep]
A: Hi Tinaken,

Thank you for reaching out.

We completely stand-by the guarantee that every item is the authentic label it promises to be. We really do appreciate the time you have taken to share these concerns with us and will ensure that they are shared with the relevant department.

Warm regards,
Answer
gilts3
Gilt S. [Gilt Rep]
A: Hi Tinaken,

Thank you for reaching out.

Warm regards,