Review of Gilt

2018 Customer choice award

taef
Tae F.
5/18/19

They sell fake items. Dont purchase anything from them. The only reason they received a 1 rating from me is because they wouldn't process my review if I didn't.

shainaj3
5/3/19

I have not received my product yet, so I can't speak to the quality of the merchandise, but based on these reviews I am hoping my order is the exception. I will say this: when one spends a certain dollar amount on an item from a vendor, one expects to receive the item in an expedient manner. Gilt clearly does not know or care about their customers as they have taken the money from my account, but are taking their sweet time getting my merchandise to me. I have received ebay orders from private sellers that have shipped and delivered faster than my "high-end purchase" from Gilt. Pathetic. Just for reference, it's going on the second week since I have ordered, paid, and not yet received that which I have paid for. Terrible Customer Service and I will not be spending money with this company again.

michaelg25
4/25/19

I received a Christmas gift from gilt.com from my brother. I returned it for credit, which was not what I wanted (I wanted the cash) but gilt refused because my brother paid for it on his credit card. I ended up using the credit to purchase a pair of jeans, which didn't fit right. So I had to return those jeans to a Sacks Off 5th store. When I returned the item, the manager at Sacks had problems processing it so the entire affair was time consuming and tedious. Plus, I had to pay for shipping in both directions which really cut into my online credit amount. Fast forward 18 months, finally decided to rid myself of the remaining credit I had and ordered some underwear. They should fit correctly right? Another $10 for shipping and its the slowest shipping around. FedEx. Taking easily over a week to reach me. Gilt.com making $$$ hands over fist on their shipping fees and their prices on most merchandise (easy to compare elsewhere online before you buy something) are not competitive. No way would order from this company again!!

caspianl
4/24/19

The customer service is terrible! I emailed them days ago but there's no response until now. I had some questions about their goods. But now I think I won't order from them.

leslieh70
4/18/19

I can't say that the quality is really high. Honestly I thought that it would be better for that price...

samc276
4/16/19

I follow/buy on Gilt since their starts. I never published a review before when I had problems with them, because I thought it was only a mistake for 1 or 2 times.... but I am tired of their deceiving shipping estimates dates. They post a delivery estimate and when you placed already the order, and they give you a delivery date, then they shp the item when they want. I received 2 packages already 10 days later than what they were supposed to deliver. I was on the phone right now 20 minutes with "Wanda", who ended up saying she could do nothing about it. AWFALL CUSTOMER SERVICE by the way. Wouldn't buy never again on GILT.com

charlesm571
4/10/19

I have had so many problems with them and their merchandise, I dont know where to start. They are thiefs in my opinion. I made the stupid mistake of ordering again from them thinking it would be different. It was even worse. These people need a good class action lawsuit to set them straight. Also I plan on reversing my credit card charge for not receiving the items as advertised (there were 2 of my 3 items that were missing major items). I hope this review helps someone, and that Karma will take its fury on them.

psychec
3/15/19

I purchased a pair of sunglasses that are easily authenticated and guess what "FAKE"!!! My return process begins...wish me luck. Secondly had them authenticated by the actual company and they confirmed that it is a fak also. The lenses are supposed to be gradient.

bethm104
2/13/19

I have only ever used Gilt once, and it was to buy an obscenely expensive pair of Louboutins. When they did not fit, I was terrified because I had read the nightmarish reviews from people who had to go through hell to return their merchandise. I was positive that I was going to lose my money. I didn't sleep for a couple of days.

But...nothing bad happened. The shoes appeared authentic, and the return process was pretty painless. The only inconvenience is that I had to take them to a FedEx location rather than drop them in a postbox. But given what they cost, I would have done that anyway.

patrickb428
1/7/19

Gilt will not take back purchased products. It is as simple as that. I purchased a bathrobe and Jimmy Choo shoes. The packaging was so poor that the shoe box was destroyed by the time it reached me. They refused to take responsibility. "Sorry, but those items are final sale." Pathetic experience. Do not purchase anything from this site.

irinav7
1/4/19

YOu can't sell such stuff!!!!!!!!!!

They sell horrible product with no option to return!

Stay away!

melanieg88
12/13/18

I purchased 2 Predire Paris Moroccan Liquid Gold Vitamin C & E Booster Serum Treatments from Gilt after falling in love with the real product. I gave one as a gift and kept one for myself. When the product arrived I ordered 4 more before I opened the original one that I kept. When I opened the one I kept I was appalled to find that it was not the same color, same consistency, same smell as the real Moroccan Liquid Gold. I still had some of my real product and could compare them. I realized that the bottle looked different and also had no serial number on it. I contacted Gilt and requested that they replace the 6 bottles I've purchased with the real stuff. They advised they don't have real ones to replace them with. I looked online and they are still advertising the product knowing that it is not real. God only knows how many of these and other fake Predire' Paris items have been sold.

They offered to send me a return tag for a refund. I have returned the product and they only credited me for 1 and it wasn't a refund like promised. I called them today and they have noted the account that I want a full refund and not a credit to them. I was advised that it will be another 7-8 days before I get a response and there is a restocking fee that I will be charge. I immediately requested an escalation because I shouldn't be charged anything to return fake product.

ginnyl19
12/12/18

Gilt sold me a Versace scarf that I discovered was not authentic after I tried to resell it online on a consignment website. I've contacted Gilt and they refuse to issue a refund. Buyer beware of inauthentic products from gilt.com.

elenar44
11/26/18

I purches one lipstick,when was free shipping .After the change me for 9.99$ for shipping.I try to contact customer service right away I placed the Oder.The answer,what they give me :the Oder in process and they not offer anything .Its was my first experience with Chanel lipstick.I m totally not recommend to any one buy from this company.Plus it's little high prices for everything.

saras371
11/14/18

I purchased a hair coupon over a month ago and still have not received the barcode in order to get the discount. I asked for a complete refund since the salon ended up charging me full price since Gilt could not do their basic job and email me the barcode. No one has responded to me in 10 days for my refund request. I will not be purchasing from Gilt ever again.

davidg952
11/4/18

My daughter purchased a handbag....Valentino by Mario Valentino
Studded Leather Saddle Bag for $349.99. Saved a few dollars on sale. We shipped it off to her in Austrailia where she was an exchange student. The bag came with the strap missing. When we found out and contacted the company...they told us tough..we were outside the ten day return return period I am therefore sueing the company in our small claims court for $350...breach of contract...they did not give us what we paid for. Pathetic we have to go this route but so be it. They can hire a lawyer and defend.

salinah
11/2/18

sales are just 10-20% off. returns are difficult and most items are final sale.
Since saks sold it, the service is $#*!ty too.

shevlinp
10/25/18

I am beyond annoyed and am now infuriated with how my return process has been with gilt. I have spent 4+ hours on the phone holding and waiting and explaining my situation - albeit the customer service technicians are nice and pleasant and empathetic, their inability to solve problems makes me question their incident management. I have emailed countless times with the same responses... all resulting in no outcome or resolution. I found a watch online but the description was vague so I called to get additional specifications but the CSR didn't have the details, like what mm it was (which is beyond me) but I saw the 30 day return policy and figured I would take a chance, on Sept 11, 2018. It said 3 weeks to arrive so I called again after the order was placed and still they weren't able to verify the specifications. I finally got a response back from an email and it turned out to be too small for me so I immediately wrote back and said okay cancel it - I needed 39mm or above so I do not want the item - save the shipping cost and headache. They said it's too late (even though the item hadn't even been received at their warehouse) so I was promptly sendt a return label so I could ship it back as soon as I received it. I did just that and the order took about 8 business days to arrive back to them. So after countless follow ups they finally confirmed my order was received Oct 5, 2018 and my refund would show up 7-10 business days after. I kept looking and there was no refund so I called and emailed and followed up only to receive the same response verbally and written - that by Oct 19, 2018 it was guaranteed I would see the refund. I was proactive and then did a Hail Mary and spent 30+ minutes Friday evening because my credit card bill was due Oct 21, 2018 and I was banking on the refund so I spent time Sunday with a supervisor who informed me the item was supposed to go to their customer not to gilt so they were waiting but that's not my fault. She assured me she would "pass me over" since she wasn't working the next day. So if a supervisor can't handle my problem as an escalation point "who can"? so fast forward.. my credit card wasn't paid in full, I got hit with a late fee and interest. I just spent time with a nice man who said no supervisor was available and put me on a call back list. If this wasn't a high ticket item I wouldn't be as adamant but I am so frustrated and have been kind and patient but enough is enough!

heatherm363
10/24/18

I was a Gilt Noir member and used to like this company and appreciate helpful service. Since the acquisition, however, they have become a customer service disaster. My furniture order got cancelled, for no good reason, and when I called to resolve it, the supervisor was both very unhelpful and astonishingly rude. This is not the way for any business to treat its customers. I would urge others away from this site, as there are so many others who do better by customers.

marib33
10/20/18

Dishonest company. They mislead the public on the products they sell and advertised wrong product details on the website. Why do you need to pay shipping to them if you can buy at Nordstrom, Macy's, Saks off 5th without paying shipping charges.
Take more than 2 wks to get credit back for returns. Will never buy from them again.

christinak84
9/17/18

Returned my item in July. At that time they hid all the previous orders from your account for some reason so I had to email them separately so they could create a return label. It was find until here although I was frustrated that I could not see any of my purchase records.
Frustration continues. I receive an email a couple weeks later that ~$25 is refunded to my credit card. Hmm... I returned 6 items that are worth ~$200 in total. I have no idea where the 25 came from. I email them about this and they ask me to pull up all the order numbers, return label, and Fedex label. I didn't understand why a customer had to go through this extra job. But if it were to give me the correct refund amount, I was fine so I did what they told me to do.
The email went back and forth for weeks (me having to prove my returns and them kept saying "thank you for your patience and we understand your frustration"). I get a final email from them saying they only received one of three items and have posted $33 on my account.
I returned 6 NOT 3, NOT 1. To assist their process, I had even created a summary of the original price, discounted price of each item that I bought and returned (which again, a customer need not be doing). That list was simply ignored and they still failed to process me with the correct refund. Where is the rest of my money? I don't know... I hope it goes in good hands.

florencec39
9/5/18

I ordered a Kate Spade wallet (sale item) on 23 Aug 18, it costed me 9.XX dollar for the US shipping and I just waited it to ship forever. Also I only got 1 confirmation email since I purchased the item. It said it will be shipped on 3 Sept. Fine, I wait.
Today (3 Sep) I logged in my account to check the status, and it showed my order had been cancelled!? They had nothing to explain and I didn't receive any email for the cancellation! It seems like they haven't cost any money from my visa but again the card company did send me a sms for the authority for the Gilt, so I don't know!!! Now I just hope they will not withdrew any money from my Visa, I must keep an eye on it. Worst online shopping experience ever!!!!!!!

jessical358
8/30/18

I can find all the same clothes on Hautelook for less and free shipping on all orders over $100. The GiltCity vouchers are also terrible. You can get a better deal from the vendors directly. I ordered from GiltCity this ZUPA soup delivery. When the email for the voucher was not sent after 4 business days, I asked via phone and email for a refund. I was told on 4 separate phone calls and 2 separate emails that I would receive a refund and voila! after THREE WEEKS, rather than receiving a refund, I get the voucher via email. Customer service is abysmal and the prices are not even competitive.

davidh235
8/23/18

I've made purchases from Gilt for 7 years without a hiccup. Today, they delivered merchandise to an old address after sending to our current address for 5 years. IT migrated information without checking it. But, instead of the rep apologizing and offering to refund or expedite a delivery, I've been issued a trouble ticket and told a refund will be issued at some in the future. It didn't feel like Gilt. A bit of research shows it was sold to Rue La . Gilt is gone.

fionaw32
8/21/18

I wish I could give it ZERO star! I have purchased a voucher on May and didn't use it until the end of July. (The voucher expired on August 3rd.) When I logged in to my account the website showed no results for any order placed before July. Then I called customer service they gave me a voucher number. It turned out INVALID! I called again they promised me to send me another one and they didn't. After several calls they FINALLY agree to refund me. It has been a month now I still haven't got my money back! I will never use Gilt and Gilt City again! They just get your money and don't care about the customers at all! Very bad experience!

477 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi there, Thanks for your question. We stand over the authenticity of all of the products available on our site and ensure that they are the genuine labels that they promise to be. If there is every any doubt or concern about this, we are happy to investigate on a case by case basis. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch. Warm regards Paddy Gilt CS Specialist

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Just beware of the sales rep Marta Garcia Murtha. Bad news.

By T s.

Hey Jash, Thank you for your question. All our discounts are tailored to each member specifically and will be received to your email account that you have signed up with. As this current time we have no discounts for new members however if you would like to email us at service@gilt.com with the subject line "ATTN; MICHAEL SITEJABBER QUESTION", I will be more than happy to check your eligibility for any current promotion. Wishing you a happy holiday, Michael -GiltService

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

My order came...eventually...6 weeks was a LONG time to wait for a couple of pairs of sunglasses.

By Jennifer H.

I purchased artwork. The delivery was delayed by about 6 months and the product (a mirror by Parvez Taj) arrived shattered. Gilt gave me the runaround for the 6 months but did refund for the product damage. I believe anything but clothing (and maybe accessories) is managed by third party vendors and thus subject to their availability which Gilt does not always seem to verify before posting for sale (based on my personal experience).

By D H.

Hi Carly, I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to get your voucher. When an order is placed, it can take up to 24 hours for the voucher to be sent out to you. I hope this helps, Áine - Gilt Service

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Hi Riley, It is of course safe to purchase through Gilt, all items are guaranteed authentic. Hope this helps :) You can also email us at service@gilt.com should you have any further questions. Warm regards, Siobhan Gilt Customer Service

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Hi Madelyn, I hope that you are keeping well.I Once an order ship's from our warehouse an email will be sent to advise you. To view the progress of any orders pending, please visit the "Orders" page in the "Account" section on Gilt.com. I hope I was of help today! Have a nice weekend. Chat soon, Maureen -GiltService

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Don't purchase ANYTHING from Gilt you may want to return. Their return policy is rigid and unfair. And their customer service department is unhelpful.

By Danielle J.

Hi Brittany, Sorry to hear you are apprehensive, I have reviewed our strollers from Phil & Ted and can advise we have had very positive feedback in regards to the products we have sold. I want to asssure you that you will receive the item as advised on the sale page. I hope this helps! Maurene #giltservice

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other customers.

Gilt?