Review of Gilt

support@gilt.com
2017 Customer choice award

kankany
6/29/18

I ordered a Stella shoes through Gilt.com. They withdraw money from my bank account,and 3days later they canceled my order and locked my account. I called the customer service and their attitudes are bad. They told me they cannot provide future information and no reason to locked my account. The reason is cannot confirm the details. When I want to reorder again, they told me out of stock and my account has been locked!!!!WTF?????I think this is a wired website and customer service is worst. Maybe this is a scam website. I hope they can refund, my god, if not, I wanna sue them!!!

milaniec
6/24/18

Gilt is a great business from which to order. When there's a problem, they resolve it. Customer service is readily available, responsive and fast. I'm happy to spend money with Gilt and recommend them to friends and family. The exact opposite can be said of Bluefly. The difference between the two companies is stark. Yay for Gilt. They are a shining example of ecommerce done right.

annag177
6/17/18

I placed an order for two sofas and two livingroom arm chairs on April 15th. I received the two chairs and later one of the the sofas was delivered in May 7th as scheduled by me. When the sofa was deliver I called them to ask where the second sofa was and they said they would take care of it right away and said there had been a mistake. I never received the second sofa. I contacted them via phone call and on Facebook messenger many times, and time after time they promised someone would call me within the next couple of days, and each time they failed to do so. I got the run around since May 7th, I was frustrated and began asking for a refund last week and was told I had to wait until they searched for the sofa. Finally today June 15th they told me they will refund the money for the sofa in 3-5 business days. No one could tell me what happened to the sofa; how do they loose a sofa they said they already had being sent to me? I kept checking the tracking number provided weeks before and they kept reporting bogus status updates. Very disappointing.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Anna,

I am terribly sorry to hear of your experience.

I can see the delay in this case was between our carrier and the team here attempting to locate the missing sofa and it seems our efforts were unsuccessful and we processed a refund at that point. The main aim was to have the second sofa delivered and there seems to have been a breakdown in communication, I apologise for the inconvenience caused by this and I will certainly be passing your feedback on to our vendor management team in this case.

I'd be happy to assist in placing another order with a further discount if you wish to have the missing piece replaced, alternatively, I am happy to offer the discount off a future purhcase. Please let me know your preference in this case by emailing service@gilt.com directed ATTN: Katie so I can resolve this once and for all for you.

I am so sorry once again, Anna. We hope to serve you better in future.

Warmest regards,
Katie
#GiltService
nak2
6/15/18

I ordered one furniture on Dec. 2017 and status said it delivered but never shipped and keep delay for over 6 month. and they said they can't give any update before Aug. 2018. Can't believe one ordered delay more than 6 month and still they don't know when they can make it. Finally I cancel my order today. Then should not sell something that they can't ship in 6 month!!
And Service representative doesn't know anything and never call back!

rebekahs25
6/14/18

Terrible customer service and dishonest sellers. Chanel bag is fake. I tried to resolve this with them, but will have to take legal action instead. Don't use!!!!

natashas81
6/9/18

Wow wish I had looked on this site before ordering, looks like many people have had same issues I have. Living in HK I purchased a sequin Dolce & Gabbana dress in size 42 during Memorial Day 25percent off sale. There were 3 dresses available when I purchased. Finally arrived today and is a hideous Trina Turk shift dress in size 8. Dont understand how they can make such an error? I was then told that as no more in stock they could waitlist the dress for me, but not save me dress should they find it- even though I have already paid for it! Add to that I was told I had to send back the offensive Trina Turk dress by international mail and only after they received it would they refund me in 10-20 days. Huh? Shouldnt you come pick up the dress yourself? All this after multiple emails, me having to call them and spending an hour on the phone. So basically IF the missing dress gets found and put on waitlist, I have to purchase again, even if they havent refunded me. Beyond appalled at their lack of customer support and feel like I am expected to go out of my way to fix their error. And they cant even hold the dress for me should they locate it or one gets returned. I so want this dress and so disappointed with their complete lack of tracking. Reading other reviews it seems like their ecommerce platform is a complete mess, so buyer beware. Would never have this response from Shopbop, Net A Porter or The Outnet

Update: What use is their canned response below? Again absolutely NO assistance to actually rectify the situation?! I have never written a bad review about about a company before, but every interaction (that I have to initiate) just shows their complete disregard for the customer

Reply from Gilt
Published 116 minutes ago
Hi Natasha,

I have reviewed your order, and I am truly sorry for any upset caused, I assure you that it was not our intention.

My apologies for any inconvenience or upset caused, once again. If you have any further questions please do send me an email via service@gilt.com ATT: Andy

Andy
#giltservice

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Natasha,

I am terribly sorry for the experience you have had on this occasion, I can see that you have spoken to a Supervisor in this instance and I can assure you that we are monitoring the return tracking to process your refund as soon as possible.

I've once again moved you to the very top of the waitlist for the dress so fingers crossed this will come back into stock, we are investigating how this mistake arose in the first place. I promise you that your feedback and frustration is not going unheard.

As previously advised, we will certainly be applying your original discount to a future order if you wish and extending a further discount for the upset caused.

Once again, Natasha, my apologies for any disappointment caused. If you need further assistance, please reach out to service@gilt.com and direct it ATTN: Katie so I can take it from here and resolve any further queries you may have.

Warmest regards,
Katies
#GiltService
guilhermec9
6/2/18

Misleading product description where it seems I was biying a stroller but instead it was just an attachment to the stroller.
No refund policy = I lost $150
I'm never buying from them again and am proactively telling friends to do the same.

michellem562
6/1/18

I place a final sale order with Gilt and it took 3 months to arrive. In that time the price dropped $100 dollars. So I called to see if they would credit me the difference since my order had not shipped, and they couldnt. Ok, so I asked that they cancel that order so I could repurchase at the lower price, they could not cancel my order either. It seems that products come directly from the supplier and they lose control of the order once its placed. The worst part is , they also have no quality control over the product that is shipped. They have no idea the condition the product is in. In my case my acrylic picture arrived with chips, scratches, and cracks in it. Calling customer service is a waste of time, all they say is there is nothing they can do. So you sell a product, call it final sale, and wash your hands of delivering a quality product or providing any time of service to the customer that shops your site.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Michelle,

I am very sorry that you feel this way, I have reviewed this order and can see it was placed in 2016. I can see no notes advising you were unhappy with this item once received.

We would urge any of our members to reach outto us witihn 30 days of receiving an item should they have any issue or concern. As it is now over a year and half since the order was delivered we are unable to grant a return or remedy this matter.

I am again truly sorry for any upset, should you wish to discuss this matter further please feel free to email me at service@@gilt.com ATT:Maureen

sarahk226
5/27/18

The worst experience ever, never again. Customer service is terrible. Lairs and idiots. Forget it if you need to return or exchange. I am so mad that spend so much money and the products are worthless.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Sarah,

I am very sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with us.

I would be happy to investigate this matter further for you. Please send an email to service@gilt.com ATT: Maureen noting your order number and I will do my best help you.

I hope to hear from you.

maryelleng6
5/21/18

If I could give them zero stars I would. I ordered two pieces of expensive furniture from them and the pieces were MONTHS delayed, without even so much as a heads up. I called no less than 7 times trying to expedite or at least learn what the timing was, as I was incurring major construction delays because of this. They never did anything to help, didn't return calls, and did nothing to make up for my negative experience ... or the fact that the promised dates on their website were never met. Total nightmare!!!!

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi MaryEllen,

I am terribly sorry for any upset caused in this matter.

I would be happy to investigate this entire matter for you, please send me an email confirming your order number to service@gilt.com ATT:Maureen

I promise to do my very best to resolve this for you.

marcit6
5/20/18

I shop for EVERYTHING online from groceries to clothing to furnishings. This was my first order form the Gilt Group and it was a rather expensive dining room table. The first time it arrived, it was severely damaged and had to be returned (2 holes that actually went thru the table form a fork lift). The second time when it arrived, it was almost comical. It was SO FAR from the item pictured. I immediately contacted them with pictures snipped from their site and the actual photo of the table that arrived and they look nothing alike. Nothing. They will not take the table back. They will not issue a refund. They will not even acknowledge that its not even close to what they have advertised. I walked the photos around my office and got 12 separate opinions. Everyone said that it was not even the same table. I am not being dramatic, but this company is criminal. I should have never strayed from Wayfair or Amazon. Both have impeccable customer service when it comes to all aspects of purchases and returns.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Marci,

I am only just back in the office and have now responded to your email. My apologies for any delay in this matter.

karsangz
5/19/18

I have bought numerous stuff from gilt .. I was a big fan until today I met my worse match .i had bought pkolino little reader chair for my toddler . I received a damaged chair cover. I asked if they could replace chair cover with a new one . They said they cant replace but said they will credit $5 to my gilt account for the cost of the zipper . The customer service went upon saying me to find a seamstress and buy the zipper and it will be fixed . I am not happy with customer service who went upon telling me its a fixable matter and ordering me to do something that was not my fault . I have toddler so I typically dont have time to go to a store and fix a problem thats why I shop online . If it was amazon they will fix the problem right away but gilt service is incomparable with amazon. I will definitely not shop in gilt anymore . Buyers please be aware of non returnable items .

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Karsang,

I'm sorry, I assure you that our intentions were not to offend or upset you.

I can see that your order has now been refunded in full due to the issue with it. If I can be of any further assistance please do email me on service@gilt.com ATT:Maureen

I will be happy to help in any way I can.

bobg116
5/6/18

I came across a great coupon for a rebate to be used on this site. They are now refusing to honor this deal. For every query, they come up with a different excuse. And, they say my product is "non-returnable".
stay away.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hey Bob,

We have no affiliation with that site, we can not prevent them from adding information to there site.

I am sorry, we will certainly be passing this information on and hopefully they will have to remove it in the future.

However the terms of any Gilt promotion would stand, all Gilt promotions will be generated and sent by Gilt.com only.

kristinh48
4/13/18

Impossible to find out how to return an item. Worst waste of my time ever. I am sending this back to the address on the original label shipped to me, and contacting my credit card company, and disputing the charge. Would NEVER do business with GILT again.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Kristin,

Im so sorry to hear you were having difficulty creating a return label! I have created a return authorization label for you. Please visit https://www.gilt.com/account/return#return-history and we will prompt you to print a complimentary USPS return shipping label. Once we receive the package in our warehouse, please allow 3-5 business days for us to issue your refund.

If you need any further assistance please do reach our to me vis service@gilt.com ATT:Maureen I will be happy to assist you.

stefanog11
4/11/18

I have purchased furniture, artwork, area rugs from Gilt. All high end designer items. Area rugs are a disaster as they are definitely NOT the same quality as I would get from Neiman Marcus or Horchow.

Ripped corners and wrinkles that DO NOT diminish.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Stefano,

I am terribly sorry that your rug arrived in such condition, this certainly is not the standard that we strive for here at Gilt. If you could please forward a photo showing this to service@gilt.com ATT:Maureen I will do my best to resolve this matter for you.

I hope to hear from you soon.

mirov
4/3/18
• Updated review

I wanted to do a quick follow up on my original review for the benefit of other potential or current Gilt customers.

After I put up my review on 11/27/2017, a young lady called Maureen responded here and asked me to contact her. In brief, Gilt offered to waive for me the shipping fee, if I wanted to repurchase the coat and offered oblique and ridiculous apologies plus a boy-scout promise to do better next time. Incredibly inept customer service.

I had to pay several hundred dollars for moth control person to do my apartment after the Gilt debacle. For that, I was offered a $7.99 fee discount.

I rate Gilt 5 stars for social media reaction and 0 stars for overall customer service. I have discontinued my account and have not looked back since. I am receiving much better customer service and better pricing at barneyswarehouse.com, lastcall.com, yoox.com and a ton of other platforms.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Mira,

I am truly sorry for the upset this has caused you. I can assure you this is not a common occurrence and we will be investigating this internally to prevent it happening in the future.

Mira, I really hope you can give us another chance to prove how much you mean to us as a member. I have added to your account a 30% promotion (Max $75) to use towards your next order, you do not need to enter a code this will be at your checkout when you log in and will be valid for two months.

I hope this helps!

Siobhan
Gilt Customer Service
“Moths in my package!!”
11/29/17
• Previous review

I've been a Gilt customer for several years and have enjoyed shopping at the website before. My last experience, however, is absolutely atrocious and I think Gilt has gone seriously downhill. Think twice before buying clothes from them or else your entire wardrobe may become infested with moths!!

I purchased a wool coat two weeks ago. They shipped me the wrong coat. I had to repurchase the original one, return the wrong one and wait for refund (still waiting). The process of getting this done took several rounds communicating with customer service who are clearly instructed to discourage customers from doing anything, but buying and shutting up.

I received the correct wool coat yesterday. It was in a sealed plastic bag... with MOTHS in it! I instantly called customer service, who clearly didn't know what to do and all they offered was to issue a return label.

Then I emailed Gilt detailing the situation and asking them to explain clearly what specific efforts they'd make to try to keep me as a customer. And how they'd address the moth issue... After 24 hours, I received a curt and canned response that 'my issue' was resolved by staff on the phone. Textbook customer service ineptitude.

Would I ever take the risk of buying clothing potentially infested with moths again? Double negative.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Mira,

I am so very sorry to read this and would firstly like to extend my apologies for any upset caused to you with your recent experiences.

We strive for a high standard and this experience has not reach ed that, please forward your order to service@gilt.com ATT:Maureen.

I promise Mira to do my utmost to turn this experience around for you.

danushkab
3/31/18

I feel that my furniture was too expensive for such little refund. I would rather have the refund on my credit card and not on Gilt account.

ericab69
3/8/18

Gilt has fraudulent online selling practices and misleading products advertisement. I bought a dresser with a changing table on top from their website. The changing table was portrayed to be vertical, but what arrived was a dresser with an horizontal changing table. The 3 or 4 different people in customer service I interacted with provided ludicrous explanations ranging from the fact that one cannot rely on a picture (!) to the fact that if I physically walk around the dresser it becomes vertical. They offered a small partial refund, but refused to take it back unless I sustained the shipping costs, which are of course high for furniture. Wasted hours discussing the issue with them over several days. STAY AWAY.

ianw81
3/5/18

I had two missing parts from a lamp set that I ordered a long time ago but didnt open. Maureen was able to give me a partial refund for the parts and I am very happy with that as I didnt want to return them. The parts are easy to get.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Ian,

We are delighted to hear you are happy with the customer service you have received from Maureen, and taking the time to share your experience with us.

Jude
vishals39
2/6/18

I have ordered multiple items from Gilt and they randomly cancel them sometimes after months and leave me high and dry with a measly $25 credit. I am not sure if all items have this problem but the experience buy $1000s of furniture from them was abysmal.

johnr595
2/2/18

Have shopped from Gilt several times and have returned about 50% of the items purchased. Quality is definitely not what you see in the Off Fifth stores.

rhondal35
1/29/18

The product that I bought (2 Abbyson Chaise Louges) was significantly less expensive than both Amazon and Overstock. The Product was shipped earlier than the original estimate. Prior to the product being shipped there was a price drop and I called to ask about a price protection adjustment which was given to me quickly and without hassle. Their customer service is in Ireland and they have lovely accents are are very pleasant.

pm113
1/24/18

Never never buy from them. I've ordered Modloft bed back in November 2017, they promised to deliver it by end of December. After my multiple follow ups with them they told that the order can be delivered by the end of January. 1/19 I've received an email that the order cannot be delivered at all (they still have this product advertised on their website and manufacture is still producing this product).
Stay away from this retailer even if you see products cheaper,- you can be negatively surprised with their false advertisements. They can cancel your order without any reason. They are not committed to customer satisfaction, demonstrated very poor communication level. I wish I could read some reviews before ordering from them.

altstephaniel
1/21/18

I've bought a significant amount of merchandise through Gilt. I have not had an issue with clothing but have had issues with their furniture. I purchased two wooden coffee tables (final sale) and immediately noticed they were poor quality. Within days pieces came loose. I decided to fix them myself with a drill and some wood screws.

I should have known not to order furniture from them again but was in need of a large area rug and saw one on their site at a good price. A couple days later I tried to cancel the order. They gave me some story about how the order had already been sent to the vendor and that you can only cancel an order within 10 minutes of when it is placed (another rep told me 5 minutes).

This item had not shipped yet. They said there was nothing they could do for me. I asked if they or I could contact the vendor. I asked that they not ship this item to me. They would not help and told me their computer would not allow them to cancel.

I question whether their responses or excuses were even honest. At the very least they were questionable and they were incredibly dismissive. Their business practices are predatory. What could possibly prohibit them from not shipping something that hasn't shipped (and won't for another week or two)? I have never had trouble halting a shipment from any other business I have dealt with.Why can you only cancel an order within 5-10 minutes? After 11 minutes your screwed then?

If you place an order with Gilt they take your money. This rug cost over $1000. They offer many expensive items on their site so beware, you could lose a lot of money. They don't have a customer service phone number on their site (another red flag).

I suspect I will end up in dispute over this. I will be sharing this story/review on other sites. I will be contacting the BBB as well as econsumer.gov

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Stephanie,

I am very sorry for any confusion, we generally not always have about 5 minutes to cancel an order once it has been submitted. As a flash sales website orders are sent top our vendor's & warehouses very fast leaving little room for modifications, I apologise that we were unable to cancel your order. We are unable to access our vendors system once an order has been sent.

Our contact inforiaont including phone number and opening hours can be located via your Gilt account https://support.gilt.com/hc/en-us/articles/228190007-Contact-Details

I understand this is frustrating and I will of course pass your feedback along to our management team. If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to send me an email to service@gilt.com ATT: Maureen.

jeffl131
1/15/18

I feel Like being SCAM by the GILT site, I ordered two items that stated to be 40% off, instead I got only one item for 40% off. Then I turned to the customer service. They offered an $60 code to me which is meaningless when the they always have a $50 code once per month. I am really disappointed. Afterwards I asked them to make it a credit so i can combine discount so that make sense my $60 would be worth it. They refused and told me it was impossible to undo, the code has given to me. I think this is absolutely ridiculous, who the hell on earth would trust them if the code cannot be undone?

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE IT

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Jeff,

I am sorry that you feel this way and for any confusion surrounding the promotion.

I can see now that you have happily resolved this with my colleague Adam. I hope all is now well.

Should you have any further questions please do reach out we will be happy to assist you.

477 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi there, Thanks for your question. We stand over the authenticity of all of the products available on our site and ensure that they are the genuine labels that they promise to be. If there is every any doubt or concern about this, we are happy to investigate on a case by case basis. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch. Warm regards Paddy Gilt CS Specialist

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Just beware of the sales rep Marta Garcia Murtha. Bad news.

By T s.

Hey Jash, Thank you for your question. All our discounts are tailored to each member specifically and will be received to your email account that you have signed up with. As this current time we have no discounts for new members however if you would like to email us at service@gilt.com with the subject line "ATTN; MICHAEL SITEJABBER QUESTION", I will be more than happy to check your eligibility for any current promotion. Wishing you a happy holiday, Michael -GiltService

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

My order came...eventually...6 weeks was a LONG time to wait for a couple of pairs of sunglasses.

By Jennifer H.

I purchased artwork. The delivery was delayed by about 6 months and the product (a mirror by Parvez Taj) arrived shattered. Gilt gave me the runaround for the 6 months but did refund for the product damage. I believe anything but clothing (and maybe accessories) is managed by third party vendors and thus subject to their availability which Gilt does not always seem to verify before posting for sale (based on my personal experience).

By D H.

Hi Carly, I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to get your voucher. When an order is placed, it can take up to 24 hours for the voucher to be sent out to you. I hope this helps, Áine - Gilt Service

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Hi Riley, It is of course safe to purchase through Gilt, all items are guaranteed authentic. Hope this helps :) You can also email us at service@gilt.com should you have any further questions. Warm regards, Siobhan Gilt Customer Service

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Hi Madelyn, I hope that you are keeping well.I Once an order ship's from our warehouse an email will be sent to advise you. To view the progress of any orders pending, please visit the "Orders" page in the "Account" section on Gilt.com. I hope I was of help today! Have a nice weekend. Chat soon, Maureen -GiltService

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Don't purchase ANYTHING from Gilt you may want to return. Their return policy is rigid and unfair. And their customer service department is unhelpful.

By Danielle J.

Hi Brittany, Sorry to hear you are apprehensive, I have reviewed our strollers from Phil & Ted and can advise we have had very positive feedback in regards to the products we have sold. I want to asssure you that you will receive the item as advised on the sale page. I hope this helps! Maurene #giltservice

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other customers.

27 Photos for Gilt