Review of Gilt

support@gilt.com
2017 Customer choice award

christinak84
9/17/18

Returned my item in July. At that time they hid all the previous orders from your account for some reason so I had to email them separately so they could create a return label. It was find until here although I was frustrated that I could not see any of my purchase records.
Frustration continues. I receive an email a couple weeks later that ~$25 is refunded to my credit card. Hmm... I returned 6 items that are worth ~$200 in total. I have no idea where the 25 came from. I email them about this and they ask me to pull up all the order numbers, return label, and Fedex label. I didn't understand why a customer had to go through this extra job. But if it were to give me the correct refund amount, I was fine so I did what they told me to do.
The email went back and forth for weeks (me having to prove my returns and them kept saying "thank you for your patience and we understand your frustration"). I get a final email from them saying they only received one of three items and have posted $33 on my account.
I returned 6 NOT 3, NOT 1. To assist their process, I had even created a summary of the original price, discounted price of each item that I bought and returned (which again, a customer need not be doing). That list was simply ignored and they still failed to process me with the correct refund. Where is the rest of my money? I don't know... I hope it goes in good hands.

florencec39
9/5/18

I ordered a Kate Spade wallet (sale item) on 23 Aug 18, it costed me 9.XX dollar for the US shipping and I just waited it to ship forever. Also I only got 1 confirmation email since I purchased the item. It said it will be shipped on 3 Sept. Fine, I wait.
Today (3 Sep) I logged in my account to check the status, and it showed my order had been cancelled!? They had nothing to explain and I didn't receive any email for the cancellation! It seems like they haven't cost any money from my visa but again the card company did send me a sms for the authority for the Gilt, so I don't know!!! Now I just hope they will not withdrew any money from my Visa, I must keep an eye on it. Worst online shopping experience ever!!!!!!!

jessical358
8/30/18

I can find all the same clothes on Hautelook for less and free shipping on all orders over $100. The GiltCity vouchers are also terrible. You can get a better deal from the vendors directly. I ordered from GiltCity this ZUPA soup delivery. When the email for the voucher was not sent after 4 business days, I asked via phone and email for a refund. I was told on 4 separate phone calls and 2 separate emails that I would receive a refund and voila! after THREE WEEKS, rather than receiving a refund, I get the voucher via email. Customer service is abysmal and the prices are not even competitive.

davidh235
8/23/18

I've made purchases from Gilt for 7 years without a hiccup. Today, they delivered merchandise to an old address after sending to our current address for 5 years. IT migrated information without checking it. But, instead of the rep apologizing and offering to refund or expedite a delivery, I've been issued a trouble ticket and told a refund will be issued at some in the future. It didn't feel like Gilt. A bit of research shows it was sold to Rue La . Gilt is gone.

fionaw32
8/21/18

I wish I could give it ZERO star! I have purchased a voucher on May and didn't use it until the end of July. (The voucher expired on August 3rd.) When I logged in to my account the website showed no results for any order placed before July. Then I called customer service they gave me a voucher number. It turned out INVALID! I called again they promised me to send me another one and they didn't. After several calls they FINALLY agree to refund me. It has been a month now I still haven't got my money back! I will never use Gilt and Gilt City again! They just get your money and don't care about the customers at all! Very bad experience!

heatherl170
8/20/18
• Updated review

As of August 1st, my return was finally processed and correct amount was credited to my credit card. I would not purchase from them again, but am pleased that the problem was resolved.

“Lost return”
7/21/18
• Previous review

I have ordered from Gilt in the past with no issues. In June, I ordered a pair of jeans for my husband. The jeans did not fit and were eligible for return. I generated a return label through their website and mailed the jeans back with their return label and original packaging. As of 7/9th, their website no longer has any information re: returns or orders prior to that date. I am unable to track my return and have not received any refund. I have called customer service multiple times to which they have told me that they were "bought out by Rue LaLa" and are in "legal proceedings" and can't access any of the old info or return tracking. So where it stands, I do not have the product and do not have a refund with no date of this being resolved. Poor customer service, I would not order from them.

edithr23
8/17/18

I ordered 4 items from gilt.com. Only 1 fitted so I sent back 3 items (June 20th) To this day, after at least 10 emails, no refund. On top of that, they are telling me that I sent back only 2 items. The last message I got was I would get a refund on my credit card, I paid with a gift card, all I want is to get credit back on my account. Terrible service!!! So bottom line, I will loose the money I spent on the 3rd item and I have no way to prove I sent it back. Never again, beware customer.

aaronk106
8/1/18

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. They have extremely poor customer service and the quality of their products is sketchy. I will NEVER EVER do business again with Gilt nor Saks Fifth Avenue (Saks owns Gilt).

ms384
7/30/18

Their customer service is as bad as Comcast. Avoid them at all costs. I am having to work with my credit card company to get my money back.

julianh41
7/29/18

I placed an order at the beginning of May and delivery should have been between 17-24 of May, waited until the 24th and no delivery. I called to see what was going on they said something was wrong and my order and was not processed, someone dropped the ball there, they fixed it I was told and in two weeks I would receive my order, remember almost a month now. Two more weeks go by and still nothing. Call again and the detective specialist finds out that they are on back order in the meantime they are selling the same items online and shows that they are in stock. A few days after I receive an email to rate the delivery service, worried of what could have happened (I was supposed to receive a call to schedule the delivery and I had not..) I called back to see WTF is going on.. Im now told that my items are on back order for another 75 Days. I have purchased in the past special order items that took 6-8 weeks so I didnt mind waiting, I just wish I was told from the beginning. Something doesnt feel right about the whole thing thats why I decided to write this review hopefully helps someone that is shopping, because anything you can find here Wayfair, All Modern probably already has it at the same deal or maybe even better and more important they have best customer support you can find anywhere the best I know that from experience. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.

tinac128
7/27/18

Updated on 8/20: I returned the extra pair of sandals which were delivered to them on July 31st. It's been another 20 days, and I still haven't received my refund. I don't know what to do at this point, probably report them to BBB, i don't know whether I could still dispute the charge with my credit company.

Previous review: Ive been using Gilt for a long time. Never bother to return anything so I havent had a chance to test their customer service. But this time I ran into a problem and its a nightmare to resolve an issue.

I placed an order on June 30th. Received a package two weeks later and theres been a mistake. In there supposed to be a bag and a pair of sandals but they sent two pairs of the same sandals instead. Called customer service immediately thinking this is a problem that they can easily fix. Just check my order, review the packing list and they would know something is wrong. But the representative told me they need to investigate and would let me know within 5 business days. By the way, she never apologized for their mistake and there was long embarrassed silence during the call. I waited for a week and emailed them to check what was going on with the investigation , received an email back saying theyve forwarded this case to their support team. Another week goes by and still no response. Emailed them a third time and got a return shipping label within half an hour. They asked me ship the extra pair of sandals back first before they can process a refund for the bag I didnt receive. And that process could take 10 more business days. I just think its so unfair that I have to spend so much time and energy for a mistake that they can easily fix.

I would send the sandals back and pray I would get a refund. Never buying from them again of course!

pamelak93
7/24/18

Purchased over $150.00 of Oribe hair products. There were smudges all over the bottles and the boxes were clearly old. Gilt did not specify that the order would be fulfilled by an independent seller. I was very surprised to receive a package from an individual and not Gilt. This is just the most recent of many bad experiences. A far cry from when Gilt was first introduced.

bb207
7/24/18

BUYERS BEWARE!! I purchased 4 clothing items and after receiving the package decided to return the items due to fit. Processing a return with this company is a nightmare. After printing off my return slip and mailing the package off, I still havent received a refund. I was told since they were purchased by another company (RueLaLa) any orders prior to July 9th are unable to be viewed. No return info, form of payment, or status of return can be seen by myself nor anyone wishing this organization. Also, they explained that I would receive a call back in 3 days so they can return the funds back to my card. I was also told i needed to have my credit card info stored on the website to make it easier. First, I refuse to do business with this company again. Second, if you cant process a return properly do you think I would actually store my credit card in your site? This is the worst customer service Ive experienced from a company that is an app based shopping experience. Taking over 4 weeks to process a return is insane. Not only will I never purchase from them again, I seriously doubt I will ever see the amount I paid for these items. I feel like they stole from me. I should be able to shop, view, and track my return directly from the app all without having to speak to someone, hence the term online shopping. Now i have to wait for a call back in 3 days so that they can research my return. This is the 2nd time Ive called without any follow up from them. If i cant answer, I have to call back and give my card info for the credit to be processed. I am beyond furious and appalled at their business model. It should not have been this difficult. All i want is my money back.

johnm2202
7/19/18

It's very difficult to get a return from them, and the refund you get will be significantly less than what you paid. The website is terrible there is no way to track your order because they made weird changes all the time. It's been a week since I sent back the item but they are telling me theres no updates at all and they didnt even have a tracking number. I'm just going to give it another week and then it will become a dispute. I will never shop at this website anymore not to mention about the authenticity of its product. STAY AWAY IF YOU DONT WANT TO SPEND 1-2 MONTH DEALING WITH THEM.

daniele142
7/16/18

Whoever worked on this new site layout and functionality should be fired, it's the worst retail website I've seen in decades. They won't accept credits, gift cards, no saving items for later, no quick looks / previews, no comparison shopping, the check out process info capture is incomplete and the notification of order receipt is delayed...the whole thing is a disaster, much worse than the old site (or any site for that matter).

kankany
6/29/18

I ordered a Stella shoes through Gilt.com. They withdraw money from my bank account,and 3days later they canceled my order and locked my account. I called the customer service and their attitudes are bad. They told me they cannot provide future information and no reason to locked my account. The reason is cannot confirm the details. When I want to reorder again, they told me out of stock and my account has been locked!!!!WTF?????I think this is a wired website and customer service is worst. Maybe this is a scam website. I hope they can refund, my god, if not, I wanna sue them!!!

milaniec
6/24/18

Gilt is a great business from which to order. When there's a problem, they resolve it. Customer service is readily available, responsive and fast. I'm happy to spend money with Gilt and recommend them to friends and family. The exact opposite can be said of Bluefly. The difference between the two companies is stark. Yay for Gilt. They are a shining example of ecommerce done right.

annag177
6/17/18

I placed an order for two sofas and two livingroom arm chairs on April 15th. I received the two chairs and later one of the the sofas was delivered in May 7th as scheduled by me. When the sofa was deliver I called them to ask where the second sofa was and they said they would take care of it right away and said there had been a mistake. I never received the second sofa. I contacted them via phone call and on Facebook messenger many times, and time after time they promised someone would call me within the next couple of days, and each time they failed to do so. I got the run around since May 7th, I was frustrated and began asking for a refund last week and was told I had to wait until they searched for the sofa. Finally today June 15th they told me they will refund the money for the sofa in 3-5 business days. No one could tell me what happened to the sofa; how do they loose a sofa they said they already had being sent to me? I kept checking the tracking number provided weeks before and they kept reporting bogus status updates. Very disappointing.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Anna,

I am terribly sorry to hear of your experience.

I can see the delay in this case was between our carrier and the team here attempting to locate the missing sofa and it seems our efforts were unsuccessful and we processed a refund at that point. The main aim was to have the second sofa delivered and there seems to have been a breakdown in communication, I apologise for the inconvenience caused by this and I will certainly be passing your feedback on to our vendor management team in this case.

I'd be happy to assist in placing another order with a further discount if you wish to have the missing piece replaced, alternatively, I am happy to offer the discount off a future purhcase. Please let me know your preference in this case by emailing service@gilt.com directed ATTN: Katie so I can resolve this once and for all for you.

I am so sorry once again, Anna. We hope to serve you better in future.

Warmest regards,
Katie
#GiltService
nak2
6/15/18

I ordered one furniture on Dec. 2017 and status said it delivered but never shipped and keep delay for over 6 month. and they said they can't give any update before Aug. 2018. Can't believe one ordered delay more than 6 month and still they don't know when they can make it. Finally I cancel my order today. Then should not sell something that they can't ship in 6 month!!
And Service representative doesn't know anything and never call back!

rebekahs25
6/14/18

I would give no stars, if possible. I have used Gilt several times, bought a Rolex and other upper-end products. But, never again. They sold me a fake Chanel and have been dishonest since. They won't accept authentication from anyone except Chanel and Chanel will only authenticate a bag purchased from them. It's a catch-22 for sure. I will pursue this legally. Their guarantee is worthless.

natashas81
6/9/18

Wow wish I had looked on this site before ordering, looks like many people have had same issues I have. Living in HK I purchased a sequin Dolce & Gabbana dress in size 42 during Memorial Day 25percent off sale. There were 3 dresses available when I purchased. Finally arrived today and is a hideous Trina Turk shift dress in size 8. Dont understand how they can make such an error? I was then told that as no more in stock they could waitlist the dress for me, but not save me dress should they find it- even though I have already paid for it! Add to that I was told I had to send back the offensive Trina Turk dress by international mail and only after they received it would they refund me in 10-20 days. Huh? Shouldnt you come pick up the dress yourself? All this after multiple emails, me having to call them and spending an hour on the phone. So basically IF the missing dress gets found and put on waitlist, I have to purchase again, even if they havent refunded me. Beyond appalled at their lack of customer support and feel like I am expected to go out of my way to fix their error. And they cant even hold the dress for me should they locate it or one gets returned. I so want this dress and so disappointed with their complete lack of tracking. Reading other reviews it seems like their ecommerce platform is a complete mess, so buyer beware. Would never have this response from Shopbop, Net A Porter or The Outnet

Update: What use is their canned response below? Again absolutely NO assistance to actually rectify the situation?! I have never written a bad review about about a company before, but every interaction (that I have to initiate) just shows their complete disregard for the customer

Reply from Gilt
Published 116 minutes ago
Hi Natasha,

I have reviewed your order, and I am truly sorry for any upset caused, I assure you that it was not our intention.

My apologies for any inconvenience or upset caused, once again. If you have any further questions please do send me an email via service@gilt.com ATT: Andy

Andy
#giltservice

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Natasha,

I am terribly sorry for the experience you have had on this occasion, I can see that you have spoken to a Supervisor in this instance and I can assure you that we are monitoring the return tracking to process your refund as soon as possible.

I've once again moved you to the very top of the waitlist for the dress so fingers crossed this will come back into stock, we are investigating how this mistake arose in the first place. I promise you that your feedback and frustration is not going unheard.

As previously advised, we will certainly be applying your original discount to a future order if you wish and extending a further discount for the upset caused.

Once again, Natasha, my apologies for any disappointment caused. If you need further assistance, please reach out to service@gilt.com and direct it ATTN: Katie so I can take it from here and resolve any further queries you may have.

Warmest regards,
Katies
#GiltService
guilhermec9
6/2/18

Misleading product description where it seems I was biying a stroller but instead it was just an attachment to the stroller.
No refund policy = I lost $150
I'm never buying from them again and am proactively telling friends to do the same.

michellem562
6/1/18

I place a final sale order with Gilt and it took 3 months to arrive. In that time the price dropped $100 dollars. So I called to see if they would credit me the difference since my order had not shipped, and they couldnt. Ok, so I asked that they cancel that order so I could repurchase at the lower price, they could not cancel my order either. It seems that products come directly from the supplier and they lose control of the order once its placed. The worst part is , they also have no quality control over the product that is shipped. They have no idea the condition the product is in. In my case my acrylic picture arrived with chips, scratches, and cracks in it. Calling customer service is a waste of time, all they say is there is nothing they can do. So you sell a product, call it final sale, and wash your hands of delivering a quality product or providing any time of service to the customer that shops your site.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Michelle,

I am very sorry that you feel this way, I have reviewed this order and can see it was placed in 2016. I can see no notes advising you were unhappy with this item once received.

We would urge any of our members to reach outto us witihn 30 days of receiving an item should they have any issue or concern. As it is now over a year and half since the order was delivered we are unable to grant a return or remedy this matter.

I am again truly sorry for any upset, should you wish to discuss this matter further please feel free to email me at service@@gilt.com ATT:Maureen

sarahk226
5/27/18

The worst experience ever, never again. Customer service is terrible. Lairs and idiots. Forget it if you need to return or exchange. I am so mad that spend so much money and the products are worthless.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Sarah,

I am very sorry to hear about the bad experience you've had with us.

I would be happy to investigate this matter further for you. Please send an email to service@gilt.com ATT: Maureen noting your order number and I will do my best help you.

I hope to hear from you.

maryelleng6
5/21/18

If I could give them zero stars I would. I ordered two pieces of expensive furniture from them and the pieces were MONTHS delayed, without even so much as a heads up. I called no less than 7 times trying to expedite or at least learn what the timing was, as I was incurring major construction delays because of this. They never did anything to help, didn't return calls, and did nothing to make up for my negative experience ... or the fact that the promised dates on their website were never met. Total nightmare!!!!

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi MaryEllen,

I am terribly sorry for any upset caused in this matter.

I would be happy to investigate this entire matter for you, please send me an email confirming your order number to service@gilt.com ATT:Maureen

I promise to do my very best to resolve this for you.

477 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi there, Thanks for your question. We stand over the authenticity of all of the products available on our site and ensure that they are the genuine labels that they promise to be. If there is every any doubt or concern about this, we are happy to investigate on a case by case basis. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch. Warm regards Paddy Gilt CS Specialist

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Just beware of the sales rep Marta Garcia Murtha. Bad news.

By T s.

Hey Jash, Thank you for your question. All our discounts are tailored to each member specifically and will be received to your email account that you have signed up with. As this current time we have no discounts for new members however if you would like to email us at service@gilt.com with the subject line "ATTN; MICHAEL SITEJABBER QUESTION", I will be more than happy to check your eligibility for any current promotion. Wishing you a happy holiday, Michael -GiltService

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

My order came...eventually...6 weeks was a LONG time to wait for a couple of pairs of sunglasses.

By Jennifer H.

I purchased artwork. The delivery was delayed by about 6 months and the product (a mirror by Parvez Taj) arrived shattered. Gilt gave me the runaround for the 6 months but did refund for the product damage. I believe anything but clothing (and maybe accessories) is managed by third party vendors and thus subject to their availability which Gilt does not always seem to verify before posting for sale (based on my personal experience).

By D H.

Hi Carly, I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to get your voucher. When an order is placed, it can take up to 24 hours for the voucher to be sent out to you. I hope this helps, Áine - Gilt Service

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Hi Riley, It is of course safe to purchase through Gilt, all items are guaranteed authentic. Hope this helps :) You can also email us at service@gilt.com should you have any further questions. Warm regards, Siobhan Gilt Customer Service

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Hi Madelyn, I hope that you are keeping well.I Once an order ship's from our warehouse an email will be sent to advise you. To view the progress of any orders pending, please visit the "Orders" page in the "Account" section on Gilt.com. I hope I was of help today! Have a nice weekend. Chat soon, Maureen -GiltService

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative

Don't purchase ANYTHING from Gilt you may want to return. Their return policy is rigid and unfair. And their customer service department is unhelpful.

By Danielle J.

Hi Brittany, Sorry to hear you are apprehensive, I have reviewed our strollers from Phil & Ted and can advise we have had very positive feedback in regards to the products we have sold. I want to asssure you that you will receive the item as advised on the sale page. I hope this helps! Maurene #giltservice

By Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other customers.

Gilt?