Review of Gilt

support@gilt.com
2017 Customer choice award

pearly9
12/8/17

I have been a Noir customer for years. On Nov. 27, 2017 I received a Dolce & Gabbana dress ordered on Nov. 21 (costing more than $2000 including tax and delivery charge), and SHOCK, the dress has none of the original tags that one would expect to be attached to a new item of clothing (i.e., the one attached with a string to any new garment; any vendor of new clothing will warn customers that no return would be accepted without one). This dress was sold during a D&G event and said to be "sourced from a trusted Gilt vendor" and was marked non-returnable "due to further price reduction." There was no disclosure anywhere on the site/webpage that such dress is a vintage or used or was missing original tags. By contrast, Gilt regularly hosts what Gilt advertises as "vintage handbag" events and "estate jewelry" events such that any customer would know and expect the items being sold are second hand. However, Gilt was not promoting this specific D&G event as a sale of second-hand/vintage items. Furthermore, several years ago I purchased a Dolce & Gabbana dress from Gilt (for around $1000) and it came, as one would expect, all original tags properly attached and a D&G hanger. I reached out immediately to Gilt to ask about why this dress came without any original tags and whether it was used/second-hand. During a whole week of back-and-forth, Gilt kept saying "we stand behind the authenticity" of the dress, but would not say whether this dress is new (as one would have expected unless the vendor has specifically told you it is used). Gilt also says because it said it is non-returnable, I cannot return it. This is bait-and-switch and patent fraud, given the lack of honest disclosure/representation upfront about this item. Judging from the other recent comments, it looks like dishonesty has become the recent trademark of Gilt. How low has the Company fallen, for a company where the wife of an ex-colleague of mine had a hand in co-founding.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Pearl,

I am truly sorry to read this. I assure you that is not the standard we strive for here at Gilt.

I would be happy to look into this matter for you if you could kindly send an email to service@gilt.com ATT:Maureen

I promise that I will investigate this matter for you fully Pearl.

I hope to hear from oyu.

mirov
11/29/17

I've been a Gilt customer for several years and have enjoyed shopping at the website before. My last experience, however, is absolutely atrocious and I think Gilt has gone seriously downhill. Think twice before buying clothes from them or else your entire wardrobe may become infested with moths!!

I purchased a wool coat two weeks ago. They shipped me the wrong coat. I had to repurchase the original one, return the wrong one and wait for refund (still waiting). The process of getting this done took several rounds communicating with customer service who are clearly instructed to discourage customers from doing anything, but buying and shutting up.

I received the correct wool coat yesterday. It was in a sealed plastic bag... with MOTHS in it! I instantly called customer service, who clearly didn't know what to do and all they offered was to issue a return label.

Then I emailed Gilt detailing the situation and asking them to explain clearly what specific efforts they'd make to try to keep me as a customer. And how they'd address the moth issue... After 24 hours, I received a curt and canned response that 'my issue' was resolved by staff on the phone. Textbook customer service ineptitude.

Would I ever take the risk of buying clothing potentially infested with moths again? Double negative.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Mira,

I am so very sorry to read this and would firstly like to extend my apologies for any upset caused to you with your recent experiences.

We strive for a high standard and this experience has not reach ed that, please forward your order to service@gilt.com ATT:Maureen.

I promise Mira to do my utmost to turn this experience around for you.

sw807
11/28/17

I purchased an item from Gilt for a gift and was anxiously awaiting its arrival. Upon tracking the package, I saw that it was one day from my house and the shipper requested that the package be returned. I contacted Gilt to inquire where my item was only to be told that 5he site had a technical glitch and the item should never have been sold to me for that price. I was never notified that my order was cancelled. They just took the item back without so much as an apology and an explanation. I now have no gift for my daughter. When I contacted Gikt they had no explanation as to why they didnt notify me that they were cancelling my sale and no apology. They should have offered immediate notification to allow me to buy another gift or offer a discount code for the item they cancelled. Disgusting!!!!

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear this! I would be happy to look into this for you.

Please forward your order number to service@gilt.com and place ATT: Maureen in the subject.

I promise I will do my best to clarify this situation for you.

#giltervice
dinak14
11/27/17

I am one of the many Noir members, who used to be biggest fans of the website.
I have purchased two pairs of Ferragamo watches as gifts for my two sisters. They did love it!
However, after only 2-3 months of wear both watches broke - the pin fell out, resulting in half of the leather band detach. What are the chances that this happens to two pairs of watches in different countries? They were clearly defective.
Ferragamo boutique has refused to take it for service - contact the third party, they said - because the watches came in beautiful boxes, but without stamped warranty.
I have reached out to Gilt customer service and I am hoping they will try to resolve the issue. Will reach out after they come back to me

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Dina,

Oh gosh! I am very sorry to hear this.

If you could kindly forward your order numbers to service@gilt.com and place in the subject ATT:Siobhan

I promise I will do my best to get this resolved for you.

Siobhan
silviac28
11/27/17

Ordered a faux fur throw on sale. What I received cheap one. Received two broken candles. It has become impossible to return items. Will never shop this site again!

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Silvia,

Oh gosh! I am so very sorry to hear this, I assure you this is not the standard we strive for.

I would be more than happy to look into this matter for you, please forward your email address and order number if you have it, to service@gilt.com, place ATT: Maureen in the subject.

I promise to do my best to turn this situation around for you.

anthonya96
11/19/17

I have spent thousands of dollars on GILT.com over the past several months; when I do not have to call up the call center in Ireland the transactions are fantastic. Every time that I DO have to call it becomes more and more pathetic. Even the supervisors are reluctant to accept and resolve.

The robotic "I apologize for your frustration" is disingenuous and vacuous. Today the person who accepted my call was unable to spell my first name--ANTHONY--correctly, even after four attempts. Her retort, after two minutes of frustrated spelling of each letter: I apologize but the call quality is not very good. A shockingly feckless burning of twenty minutes, even after the Supervisor came to the phone (after two requests): no resolution, and amplified frustration.

Tip for consumers: Be sure to read the ultra granular details in the Terms and Conditions e.g. one cannot combine earned points + a site offered % discount, even though it is offered on the cart page, but not described in the drop-down menu accompanying the shopping cart. Be prepared for incompetence, despite English as a first language, if you need to call the toll free number +1 877 280 0545.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Anthony,

Gosh this is not the standard that we strive to deliver to our members, I am truly sorry that you feel this way.

There are terms and conditions to eery offer as would be with any online flash sales site, however we do our best to accommodate where possible.

I would be happy to review your case in this matter, please email your order number to service@gilt.com ATT: Maureen.

Anthony, I hope that between us we can resolve any upset that has been caused.

jacquelynh4
11/16/17

Purchased desk for more than $500 3 months ago. The drawer (particle board) literally fell apart, crumbled. It cannot be repaired by nails or even glue because it was not where the drawer seats together. Contacted cust svc with explanation and pic. They said no returns. How would I return the desk? I asked for service for the customer where service is needed. I wrote back and asked how they would feel if it were them? I would expect a new drawer, a new desk, or my money back. This is not a disposable item - it is a desk! Their response was the same no returns, sorry. They do not back what they sell and apparently do not care for their buyers at all! Insult to injury, I just yesterday took delivery of $80 plate of glass to protect the surface of the desk! I am literally in tears, I don't have that kind of money to waste!

Tip for consumers: This review says it all!

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Jacquelyn,

I am truly sorry for any upset caused, I assure you that is not the standard we strive towards.

I would be happy to look into this further for you to see if there is anything that can be done.

Jacquelyn, I would love to be able to turn this experience around for you.

debbiep109
11/15/17

I have been shopping with Gilt for many years on a frequent basis, but these last 8 morning nths the site has gone completely downhill and become not only impossible to utilize while shopping for items but impossible to place an order. You will spend 2-3 hours between shopping and trying to get your order placed due to multiple glitches in the system. Stay away from this site as it will waste your time and efforts. Customer service on the telephone is even worse than glitches on the websites. What a pity as it was such a wonderful site in years past.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Debbie,

I would be more than happy to look into this matter for you Debbie, please forward your email address and order number if you have it, to service@gilt.com, place ATT: Maureen in the subject.

I promise to do my best to turn this situation around for you.

elenar27
11/14/17

Do not shop Gilt. I placed an order over $600, one piece arrived damaged beyond use and the other shipment (most of the order including my dream boots) was lost in shipment! After endless emails all theyve offered for my time wasted and disappointment is a refund. Never again!!!

UPDATE: After replying quickly to my review, Maureen was quick to resolve this matter in a satisfactory way, which I really appreciated. I do wish someone had stepped up from the outset (then I would have had zero need to review online), but am happy with the outcome nonetheless. Thanks Gilt: youve retained this customer!

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Elena,

I'm truly sorry for this matter, this certainly is not the standard we strive for.

yenaj
11/8/17

Do not order!!!
It is long story.
I ordered dining chairs from this site.
One month later, they sent an email and it was cancled because they had no stocks anymore.
They offered $50.
I was mad but I had to accept.
I ordered the other dining chairs from the other site.
However, they sent an email and it was error, so they would send the dining chairs without any call.
I found that email in spam after I checked my bank account.
They just cancled and then they charged!
I sent a lot of emails and they said they would do their best for solving this problem.
However they had not sent dining chairs and just charged money.
They had not refund!
Just took my money.
I order early Sep, so it takes 2months.
Nothing to solve!!
I will open dispute and I will never buy from this scam site!

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
[Gilt Rep] Hi Matt,

I'm so sorry to hear this!

Please forward your order number to service@gilt.com and place ATT: Dane in the subject.

I will do my utmost to get this resolved for you.

Dane
matts184
11/3/17

Ordered a $600 Panega dresser. When taken out of the box , the hinge on one of the doors was damaged. Sent pictures for days,when contacted customer service they said they had no pictures. Took more pictures with brothers phone as well as emails. Received confirmation texts from Elizabeth from customer service with a reference number. Called customer service with inquiry number and text , they said they didn't have it . I was holding in my hand my iphone with the reply text. I Sent more emails and photos called back customer service and after a long wait was told i was emailed an offer of $50. I told them i never received an offer of $50 dollars. When asked when it was sent they said 1145, I was actually still talking to a rep at that point. I refused the $50 dollars and am waiting for this damaged product to be picked up. This is the new Gilt, good riddance.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Matt,

I am terribly sorry to hear this. This is not the standard we strive for.

steveh259
11/3/17

This isn't the first item I've purchased from gilt and up until now, I've had no issues. I ordered a rug on line, they sent the wrong rug. When I informed them of this, I also told them the rug was in terrible shape and poorly made. They told me to return it for a full refund. I just got the rug back today informed that a refund could not be issued because it was damaged. WTF??? Terrible company and customer service.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Steve,

I am truly sorry for any upset caused.

Please forward your order number to service@gilt.com and place ATT Maureen in the subject.

I will do my upmost to get this resolved.

sj319
10/27/17

I ordered a dress. 5 days after it was supposed to arrive it had not even shipped. I called and asked for information and no one could help me giving me information. I requested a change of address since I was moving and they proceeded to cancel my order. When I told them I did not want to cancel I just wanted to know an estimated shipping date they told me that it was not their problem and said "the dress is no longer in stock", and would not let me order again. I just wanted information on the shipping of a dress THEY had been late on and they were RUDE, completely unhelpful and unprofessional.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi there,

I am terribly sorry to hear this. This is not the standard we strive for.

ilovem2
10/24/17

customer service is totally not helpful , attitude is bad, don't get why they keep on arguing with me while I got the prove is their website problem. the guy even hungup on me ?!!!!!!!!! if you are an international customer, DON"T ORDER FROM THIS SHOP. THEY DON"T CARE ABOUT THE INTERNATIONAL ORDERS.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi there,

Oh gosh! I am very sorry to hear this. I assure you that is not the standard we strive for.

Please forward your order number to service@gilt.com and place in the subject ATT:Maureen

I promise I will do my best to get this resolved for oyu.

nervilleg
10/23/17

Gilt do not vet their independent suppliers who sell theses watches. Bought a Versace watch V race Chrono for $700 initially priced $1,3000, what a steal I thought! Was shipped a defective watch with a glued CROWN. Just fell off trying to put it on. $700 gone...Gilt won't take it back. Actually have a watch repair professional looked at it and testify it was glued. I'm actually taking this up legally, just thought I should inform everyone about the scamming business Gilt is into . Too good to be true? Run!

ceciliah9
10/23/17

good day

bought a pair of very expensive gold earings Effy, I have bought that in Macy's and never a problem. this are fake and are plated in gold. They show discoloration but Gilt says it has a non-return policy.

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Cecilia,

I am truly sorry for any upset caused in this matter, I assure you that all products sold on Gilt are authentic. I am truly sorry you are unhappy with these earrings. I will be happy to investigate this further for you.

I will do my upmost to get this resolved.

sallyn14
9/28/17

I have been the biggest Gilt fan for years. I remember my first pair of white, t-strap Ava & Aiden came from Gilt and I was so happy.

A few years later I noticed the first issue when ordered Rayban aviators. The company full blown forgot to send them to me..... just DID NOT send the glasses. Weeks went by before I finally reached out to customer service. They apologized and basically said "whoops".

A few weeks ago I ordered a pair of frayed, dark wash 7 For All Mankind's. A pair of light-wash jeans show up to my office. When I tell them that I need a return BECAUSE THEY SENT ME THE WRONG JEANS they tell me I can buy the right pair again (and have the audacity to say "good news, they're not sold out!") Is this for real? You guys sent me the wrong denim......

So now I'm trying to return this first pair of hideous, light-wash, 80's reject jeans and the return label they directed me to is saying "you do not have any returnable items". This is a hassle as a customer for your company's mistake. Not going through this BS again for a pair of jeans that are $10 less.

** UPDATE - Gilt now tells me they've sold out of the jeans I originally ordered. Definitely going to roast the hell out of these guys...

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Sally,

I am truly sorry for any upset caused. I have emailed your return labels to you separately. So you can return the incorrect jeans you have received. I understand it is disappointing not to receive what you purchased :( This is not the standard we strive for. I can assure you this is not a common occurrence and we will be investigating this internally to prevent it happening in the future.

Sally, I really hope you can give us another chance to prove how much you mean to us as a member. I have added to your account a 30% promotion (Max $75) to use towards your next order, you do not need to enter a code this will be at your checkout when you log in and will be valid for 2 weeks until used.

I hope this helps!

sanjan19
9/25/17

I have purchased a watch at Gilt. The item was delivered to me 10 days ago. I wore it only twice. The watch band gold color is disappearing with black spots coming out. This watch after two uses looks like 10 year old watch. I called Gilt service to requst a return but they are refusing to take it back because it was worn(the watch was in my possession only for 10 days). The original price of this item is above $1000. The watch of that value should not look beat up after two uses. Gilt has disappointed me deeply after I have been their customer for many years. I wish I would be allowed to include the pictures in this review

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Sanja,

I have respond to you privately and hopefully we can resolve this for you.

reginao5
9/15/17

I have been shopping at Gilt for years and haven't really had any problems. I order quite frequently and have used many coupon codes. I will say sometimes maybe like 3 times it didn't work but I am 95% satisfied - I have bought gifts shipped to families and they have like all of them. On the other hand some of what was said here I experienced at rue la la so I can understand the frustration of cancelled orders etc. Actually my orders ship very quickly - I don't know if being a Noir member makes a difference

francesp20
9/9/17
• Updated review

After various emails, a manager did fix the issue with the late shipment / wrong item. My credit card was credited the full amount and $50,00 credit was put into my GILT account. I no longer need to return the item. I do love the products offered on GILT, but am sorry to see the decline in what was attentive and excellent customer service.

“Poor Customer Service - after GILT sold to SAKS”
9/6/17
• Previous review

GILT went from a great company to a shady one that can be difficult to deal with. I ordered a $600 hanging lamp and was not shipped during the designated time period. When I contact gilt to cancel the order, it was shipped out the next day. This was despite the fact that I had explained that I was no longer at the shipping address. By this time I had to forward the box once it arrived to my new address which is overseas. Unfortunately, rather than shipping out the hanging light I'd order, the product that shipped was a cheap clock, that was broken. By this time I'd already paid my credit card bill. I sent various photos of the product, in the box, with the shipping label as asked by GILT customer service. Rather than refund my purchase, GILT asked me to first return the box with the bogus product. So all of the risk of the box making it back to GILT and going through GILT return process is on me. Plus I need to wait for a refund. This would have never happened with the old GILT before it was sold to Saks.

clarew29
8/30/17

If you get a product that does not work or is ripped, tough luck! They will do nothing about it. I bought a hair straightener for $100, after 3 uses it died and they will not take it or replace it. I got a pair of Tod shoes for $300.00 , they said nonreturnable, but they did not say ripped and they also will do nothing about it. Unless you like to gamble, I wouldn't shop there.

loriet4
8/27/17

Gilt offers the best of the best at fabulous prices. I have bought so many different things and my only worry were three paintings I bought but I knew they were going to take 3 months to get here but were well worth the wait. Customer service has never been a problem and when I accidentally shipped something somewhere wrong they quickly resolved it kindly and politely. I buy a lot and will continue to, you cannot beat the prices for luxury goods and not once have I received a knock off piece. I have and will continue to recommend Gilt to both friends and family.?

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Lorie.

I am delighted to hear that you are so happy with your Gilt order. I will be more than happy to pass on your feedback in relation to our Customer Service department.

Should you need any further assistance please reach back out and we will be more than happy to assist you.

Yours in style,
Mary
brookeg17
8/15/17

I read good reviews before I ordered a higher priced item and then after I placed my non-returnable order all I read were terrible reviews! I started to panic that it had been almost a week and I still hadn't received a shipping confirmation (it's the 15th and it was supposed to be delivered on the 17th) I live chatted my concern and the man reassured my my order was being ready to ship. I get home 30 minutes later and the item is sitting on my porch and I have an email for shipping. So they need to work on that aspect but I'm very happy my item showed up and it's exactly what I thought I was getting!

Response from Gilt S., Gilt Representative
Hi Brooke,

Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted you are happy with your purchase :)

So sorry the automated email was sent after the shipping process began, so strange! We will certainly be looking into this to improve it for the future.

Again thanks for your lovely words, have a lovely evening!

Yours in style,
heatheru3
8/13/17

I ordered a sofa in May. I was charged for the sofa AND received a tracking number. I've now sent three or four emails to Gilt but have no resolution on this.

I've ordered probably close to $50k from Gilt.com over the last few years; I ordered about $15k this year alone. Theor delivery and customer service have both gone very much down hill.

Frequent problems include: items canceled after ordered, items canceled after billed, cancelled but billed items requiring customer interference to receive refund, broken items, very poor packaging of fragile items resulting in absolute damage, snarky customer service, delays in response for customer service, merchandise not as photographed, in-house brand of poor quality, partial cancelation of orders obviously intended as sets (bras/panties, multiple curtains panels, a duo of chairs, bedding sets). Oh...I could go on. And these problems are not anomalies or novelties. They happen all the time.

I ordered in May, was BILLED in May, received a tracking number in May...but I have no sofa (the rest of the items ordered together were delivered and thy have rejected me returning those items. Partial sets AGAIN)

Don't waste your money unless you have a lot of it to lose.

otisd4
7/22/17

This company sucks! I ordered a red sofa on July 3, & no one can seem to pin point the whereabouts of this item nor do they know when it will be delivered. I've talk to the shipping company (EFW) Gilt.com hired to deliver this sofa. I've been on the phone with them 3-4 times & still no sofa. Complete bull$#*! & horrible customer service on Gilt's part. Never again will I patronize this incompetent company. ~OD

477 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Hi there, Thanks for your question. We stand over the authenticity of all of the products available on our site and ensure that they are the genuine labels that they promise to be. If there is every any doubt or concern about this, we are happy to investigate on a case by case basis. If you need anything else, don't hesitate to get in touch. Warm regards Paddy Gilt CS Specialist

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep]

Just beware of the sales rep Marta Garcia Murtha. Bad news.

By T s.

Hey Jash, Thank you for your question. All our discounts are tailored to each member specifically and will be received to your email account that you have signed up with. As this current time we have no discounts for new members however if you would like to email us at service@gilt.com with the subject line "ATTN; MICHAEL SITEJABBER QUESTION", I will be more than happy to check your eligibility for any current promotion. Wishing you a happy holiday, Michael -GiltService

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep]

My order came...eventually...6 weeks was a LONG time to wait for a couple of pairs of sunglasses.

By Jennifer H.

I purchased artwork. The delivery was delayed by about 6 months and the product (a mirror by Parvez Taj) arrived shattered. Gilt gave me the runaround for the 6 months but did refund for the product damage. I believe anything but clothing (and maybe accessories) is managed by third party vendors and thus subject to their availability which Gilt does not always seem to verify before posting for sale (based on my personal experience).

By D H.

Hi Carly, I'm sorry to hear that you have yet to get your voucher. When an order is placed, it can take up to 24 hours for the voucher to be sent out to you. I hope this helps, Áine - Gilt Service

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep]

Hi Riley, It is of course safe to purchase through Gilt, all items are guaranteed authentic. Hope this helps :) You can also email us at service@gilt.com should you have any further questions. Warm regards, Siobhan Gilt Customer Service

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep]

Hi Madelyn, I hope that you are keeping well.I Once an order ship's from our warehouse an email will be sent to advise you. To view the progress of any orders pending, please visit the "Orders" page in the "Account" section on Gilt.com. I hope I was of help today! Have a nice weekend. Chat soon, Maureen -GiltService

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep]

Don't purchase ANYTHING from Gilt you may want to return. Their return policy is rigid and unfair. And their customer service department is unhelpful.

By Danielle J.

Hello Wei, Thank you for reaching out. If you could kindly reach out to our customer support line by phoning 877.280.0545 we can deal with your query in real time. I apologize for any inconvenience caused. Best regards, Adam Gilt Service

By Gilt S. [Gilt Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Gilt staff and other customers.

22 Photos for Gilt