US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

crissi1
8/24/16

I was a member of Fiverr as a seller but had a gig that never sold. Then, I decided to get serious about Fiverr and found a way to start with smaller cheaper gigs and work my way up. I now get $100+ for most of my gigs, I have 121 5* reviews, I'm a 2nd level seller, and I've made almost $7,000 in 11 months. This helps supplement my full-time local business with business that I get from all over the world.

Yes, sometimes customer service isn't exceptional. There's an occasional scammy buyer or some seller throws an offer at me without so much as a "hello" -- but that's the fault of people, not the platform. I don't have a monthly fee to Fiverr, I don't have to pay to pass tests to qualify for gigs, they don't charge me their fee when I land a client on Fiverr. I get great reviews and many repeat customers because I over-deliver.

Tip for consumers: I treat my Fiverr clients exactly like I treat my local clients. If you want to get ahead on Fiverr as a freelancer, you should, too.

If you're a buyer -- find the gem sellers and stick close to them.

alejoo
8/17/16

Some of the Fiverr sellers are just scammers, they charge for some work and they don´t deliver, and after 2 or 3 weeks they just cancel with no reason. Customer service just allows you to receive the money and don´t even allow you to put a review on the sellers, they protect the sellers even though many of them are just scammers, they don´t really care about customers, they don´t solve anything for you.

5USD for some work? forget it, they just want you to get in there, and after you ask them they charge you 5 o 6 times more for the work, o even more, the 5USD is just a way to call your attention.

hrem
8/13/16

The site search is not accurate and doesn't capture the tags of all the gigs, and they preach about this proudly proving that they are boosting the sellers who they want (their friends) who mostly don't have high quality products to offer especially in the promotion field. And what's proving clearly this too is that they feature their friends sellers gigs, and giving false unprofessional excuses to the real top sellers just for closing their accounts. Fiverr will fail...

tridibr
8/10/16

Fiverr is a scam freelancing site. Your work will be a charity here. Dont waste your time, money and effort on this website.

clarkkentk
8/9/16

Got a really nice logo design from Fiverr for only $5

nickh101
8/8/16

I have been trying to get a personal logo made (I work as an independent contractor, gig to gig, so a website and brand are important) and three times the graphic artist i hooked up with on fiverr have either waited two days (wasting my time) before they refused the design idea, or else totally disregarded my requests! Then Fiverr, instead of just returning the customer's money, adds it to a balance that can obviously only be used on Fiverr... They have no customer service phone number, so i had to send a message and wait. Two hours and forty five minutes later, they had marked my complaint ticket 'resolved' and refunded only a third of my money..... So i have gone back to complain again, but the hassle is so ridiculous - I'll never buy anything on Fiverr again, and i hope you don't either.

ivaylob
8/8/16

Hello in this offer I propose you to design for you 3D logo for your business. You can send me your describtion about the desired logo design and your preferences about. All of your requirements will be satisfied and guaranteed on 100%.
What you receive:
- 100% Guaranteed Service
- Money Back
- Special Requirements

What I need:
Your preferences in text file with desired colours and preferred images that be included in logo design if you have any. I can create and include everything that you want so do not hesitate to order this service.

Tip for consumers: https://www.fiverr.com/ivosb2012/make-for-you-3d-logo-design?arrived_from_manage_gigs=true&display_share=true

shawnb46
8/7/16

I signed up for a gig to create a responsive website. I paid over $300 dollars and am still not getting anything wanted out of it. It has been 3 months now. If you let the seller mark the order as completed and let 30 days go by you can't get your money back and the seller can basically take as long as they want and ignore all your requests. The seller reviews don't mean anything as if you wait a short period of time once the gig is marked as completed you can not rate the seller. So if you are waiting for modifications you may not be able to review seller after the final project is completed. The sellers know this.

davee37
8/4/16

I have used fiverr before and it was ok but not great. This last time was the worst experience ever. A provider named csssandra promised to deliver a single page website design in 4 days. 3 weeks later after demanding more money it is still not done. They keep arguing over what is done and some places on the page still has latin words on it and says literally "your name here". The customer service is terrible and refuses to refund my money. I started with one person and they were terrible and I got a refund and I was not allowed to get my money back and had to hire someone else that cost more and that is how I ended up in the circumstance I am in right now. Just an absolutely awful experience and I would not recommend them for anything, ever.

cindyp52
7/28/16

I recently wrote a book that needed a cover and someone recommended Fiverr. I was told it was hit and miss, so I tried several designers just to see what they came up with. I figured at five bucks a pop it was worth a shot. They were all pretty terrible. It was worth a try, but I had just about decided to spend more money and use 99 Designs when I got the last cover I had requested. It was perfect and I was elated to save the $299 that 99 Designs would have cost! Then the nightmare began. Because I did love it, I purchased extra services - then the designer went MIA. After two weeks of frustration (during which I missed a deadline), I contacted customer service and at the same time sent the e-cover (which was complete) to a different designer to covert into a full print cover (he did and it was usable). Well, apparently since I purchased extra services from the original designer, my "completed" order (with the ebook) was no longer considered complete and according to customer service, I didn't own rights to the design, but if I hadn't ordered the extra services, I would have! Go figure. So not only was I now out $60 for the extras I purchased from the original designer plus the extra fee I paid the new guy to convert something apparently I don't own, but I was now also out over two weeks of time, energy, frustration and lost the design I wanted. (not to mention another $25 fishing for ideas).

As of this writing I have not received a penny back from Fiverr although they acknowledge the designer did not follow through and I'm supposed to get "something" back at some point. Although their customer service team is responsive their hands are tied. There is absolutely NO protection for their customers, and NO communication of several "glitches" in their system that can negatively impact you. I was not even able to leave a negative review for the designer since you are only able to leave reviews once the order is complete (Wondered where all those five star reviews come from? That is why!)

My advice is that if you are just fishing for ideas and have no timelines or deadlines, for five bucks--go for it. But if you need services for something that actually matters, stay FAR FAR FAR away. Fork up the cash and use a professional service from the beginning, it will actually save you both time and money in the long run.

daniela233
7/26/16

As a service provider I take pride in completing my contracts on time. In fact, I normally give more than the clients expected. The last gig, the Fiverr server sent continues emails on one gig. The client made an error and duplicated the gig request. I completed the gig within hours. 13 emails went back and forth between the client and myself and the client was happy with the results. Two days later, Fiverr sends and email and reports me as late. I contacted Fiverr, showed them the email trail and screenshots. They understood it was a duplicate order Fiverr response: so sad. Dont worry its showing only for late for 60 days?? I said what? I was not late! I provided the service. They said nothing can be done. They are stuck and inflexible. The service is good if you have no issues. Otherwise, be prepared for uncaring and poor service. Looks like when you have millions of users, you can shelf the logic and service for your clients.

riionv
7/23/16

Hi, I bought a gig on fiverr to design a logo after going through the pain to find the right designer. After a bit of a hoo,ha, he got it right. I decided to let this guy design the next logo and ordered a more expensive gig with source files. This is where the wheels fell off. This guy dragged his feet and suddenly he couldn't design anything. It went past the deadline and I gave him an extension because he needed more time and he will get penalized if the order is not marked as complete. BIG MISTAKE. He is gone with the money and I have no design. Lost time and money. There was a big customer on my side that I lost because I couldn't present my goods.
Never give extensions when the gig is not completed on time. Fiverr's response is to talk to the designer. That didn't help at all because he already had the money and no pressure on him.

fruits
7/21/16

I had many friends recommend Fiverr so I checked it out. Looked like fun! Choosing a graphic designer to do a 5"x7" double sided postcard for me was exciting. I chose a guy who I felt had all the fun and creative graphic postcards and got started on my first $5 purchase.

The first communications were so weak and confusing that I was getting scared. I wanted to cancel right then and there. What happened is that I sent in the requirements with my photos and threw in some notes and all I got back was "helo. hi" There was no response to anything in my first email and it felt weird.

The first draft was a post card design that I could have done myself on vista print. All my specifications were ignored. So, I marked up the postcard with notes, sent it back, and sent an email that I was disappointed that this did not look like any of his gigs posted. I gave specific examples of the postcards that I liked. His response was a sad emoticon.

I got the second draft and only some changes were done and those changes were again the same simple plain stuff as the first and not very noticeable. I could have done those changes myself.

I sent a message to the seller and told him that I was really unsatisfied and to keep the $5. I gave him a horrible review.

Now, as I am writing this, I have received 8 well written and clear emails from him (more are coming as I just wrote that last sentence). He's said that he was shocked and upset that this was not to my satisfaction. What could he do to fix it. Now that the bad review went through for him, he is begging for me to remove it because it's lowering his rating and he can't accept other posted jobs and will fix anything that I need. I would like to add that the email response is so much quicker now. The prior two answers he gave me took 24hrs each time.

I came across this site because I was so mad and frustrated about what I got and googled complaints. I realize now that I should have been more savvy on what I was purchasing and who I was purchasing it from.

mannyp4
7/19/16

I entered fiver looking for some graphic designers with the skills to create original graphics based on our ideas. Despite the detailed explanations, the delivered work was based on stock photos, standard letters and banners that can be found even in MS Office PowerPoint. Zero creativity. A large number of the people announcing there seem to be non English speaking people therefore explanations area wasted. They reimbursed my money but made me waste time. Complain about being paid too little for the work but they are the ones that fix the price. I even sent the material in advance to the order to have them ( the creative designers) quote but they answered: order first. Quite frankly, not a good place to find good people. The worst part: we pay our creative people very well, even commissions over every item sold. This people announcing in fiverr didn't even asked or quoted. It is so weird. Not recommended.

candacet9
7/18/16

I have ordered many gigs all turned fraudulent,, I recently ordered web traffic to my website and only after a few days the links to the traffic reports came up as fraud. enough is enough with fiverr, they have to be shut down............

patrickh84
7/12/16

I was on Fiverr to get my website updated. They guy had dozens of 5-star reviews. We agreed $100 for the service, and it turned out he didn't have a clue about web design. His work was unprofessional and he could barely speak English, even though it says "Fluent" on his page. After I tried to cancel the job, I had a week of problems. In the end, Fiverr took $10 of my money as a transaction fee, and now they won't refund the other $90. I need to spend it on the site! Don't waste your money.

marym351
7/7/16

Always my first choice. Amazing experience

deew35
7/3/16

I know people who have had really great experiences on Fiverr but mine was mediocre at best.
I will not name the Fiverr I worked with as this person truly wanted to get better BUT some of the tactics used were less than professional.

Here are some tips to watch out for...

- Make sure you know exactly what you need AND the technical language to get what you need. Most gigs will have extra cost add-ons but are vague in what they entail.
- The videos posted on a Fiverr gig sites as examples of their work are not necessarily done by that person. Make sure you ask if the sample video is theirs.
- The star rating system can be flawed. My Fiverr asked that I rate them before the project was done... they did this by closing out the project and starting a new one when I asked for fixes. This was very unprofessional and I refused to rate them until I had the finished project in hand. I think it's a way to get around the company restrictions and to get more ratings since you'll be asked again on the second project once it's finished.
- I was also pressured to give 5 stars. Once I rated (at 3 stars) I was emailed multiple times to "please change my rating". This is understandable since a bad rating can really hurt their chances of landing a gig... but I'm making you aware that it can happen.
- I was not satisfied with the end product and decided not to use it. You can get a refund if you are not satisfied but because our working relationship was positive I did not want to do this and chalked it up to the price of doing business... tax write off.
- Prices can change once you agree to your gig. I work in the same industry that I was asking the Fiverr to do work for. My instructions were clear and specific. When questions were asked if they could create an asset that was most important to my project, the Fiverr confirmed that they could do it. Two days into the project, I was told they couldn't do what I had asked for unless I paid over $100 extra... which I now know couldn't be achieved even if I'd paid... which I didn't. What I did do was downsize my request and ask for less than what I thought I had originally paid for.
- On a positive note - The Fiverr I worked with was probably green. They communicated with me extremely well and wanted to make sure I was happy. I provided most of the assets they needed so it was an easier gig than most I would think. I was very easy going with them the entire gig letting them take as much time as needed. They claimed they worked through the night and that they bought new equipment for what I was asking for. I don't know if either of these statements were true but I'll lean towards the positive.

catheriner35
6/29/16

The best diaper ever seen! Disposable оr cloth diapers? This diaper producer met my longing for a better one considering the fact that Ive been using several diapers before but they didnt fulfil my satisfaction. These diapers аrе undeniably mоrе convenient,and affordable. I bought the cloth diapers and lessen me the cost of buying of new ones. They are also eco-friendly disposable diapers, whiсh аrе biodegradable and/or nоt bleached with chlorine. I recommend this for all mothers around.
I discovered that these cloth diapers arе muсh lеѕѕ expensive thаn disposables that I previously bought, and also еѕресiаllу if уоu wash thеm yourself. Aftеr paying thе initial cost, Ive been able to save hundreds оf dollars bу reusing cloth diapers аgаin аnd again. If уоu wash thеm yourself, уоu might еvеn bе аblе tо uѕе thеm fоr mоrе thаn оnе baby.

womano
6/29/16

Fivver is one of those site where you have to take small steps in using a seller. After using fivver a few times, I relized that $ 5.00 gigs was the bare minimum service for most sellers . The more you want done the more it's going to cost. Yes, there are some sammer on there, but you have to order with caution. When working eith a fivver seller, know what you want. Be able to communicate that in great detail with seller. If you don't give detail of your project the seller want know what your project needs are. Communication is the #1 key factor in using fivver. When a seller doesn't deliver on time or communicate with you, cancel the order and try someone else. It's nothing lost, because fivver will refund your account. You then take your refund and try another seller.
Over the past couple of years since I've been using the service, I have had some good 5 star service and serveal canceled orders. But overall, I have found fivver to be a great business tool for those who work on a small to no budget. With anything shop with caution. Some of the thing I've had done:
1. Business phone line greetings
7. Product package design
And more

dejanees
6/28/16

Fiverr is actually not a bad website. I, personally, am a seller on the site in the writing department. I have also purchased from other sellers for certain services. When I first joined, I was flat-broke and living on my own after just turning eighteen. My main skill was my writing and Fiverr was one of the only sites that let me join easily and start selling. It took a few days, but someone purchased my gig twice and left two five-star reviews. From there, more work and good reviews (and more work) started pouring in. Fiverr really saved my life quite a few times and there was a point during which I relied on it as my sole income. Yes, there are some fradulent sellers (and buyers), but it is not everyone. Most major platforms like this suffer from that, even sites like Ebay and Amazon. To avoid being scammed, it is easiest to contact a seller first and go with your gut on it. Don't fall for anything suspicious. Check out their reviews, ratings, and profile details. It is really helpful. There are always legitimate sellers out there who depend on the business that Fiverr brings in.

venb
6/28/16

I was about to make a purchase with this guys who promised to put our website on first page of google in seven days, <a href="http://www.travelventours.com/">Travel Ventours</a> is our website, but they replied totally different, It was my first time to message them and they replied with a total different website and is apologizing for the delay and will redo some of the links.

That made me decide to do further research first before moving forward, tahnks to website like sitejabber, it help me decide not to push thru with the purchase.

I am also in process of hiring a video explainer, I am wondering if I would experience the same thing, but I have a friend who already purchased a video explainer and it looks pretty good.

maichelh
6/28/16

you give me real Review with google+ thank you.

kl445
6/28/16

I selected a web designer after interviewing four different designers and reviewing their portfolios. The designer then installed a template, updated a bit of text, and set the order to complete (so she could get paid), arguing that Fiverr penalizes any designers who deliver late. I tolerated this, being a "nice guy", but complained to her in the exchanges. She then refused to make any updates, and things lingered way past Fiverr's period for complaints. Again, my mistake for not protesting immediately.

At the end Fiverr refuses to reject the order, based only on the time passed. I have no finished product, my money is gone, and I have to start over. With a different site, obviously. Buyer beware.

kristenh25
6/26/16

I tried ordering a logo for $5.00. I placed the order, then it asked me to create an account. During that process, it froze up. My credit card was charged through PayPal for $5.50 (why is there a $.50 fee if they keep $1.00 of each order??), but no way to get back in to the order. I was able to get signed in sometimes, but no orders pending. I wrote emails for help, and they told me they needed my transaction number. I didn't have one, because they didn't show my order anywhere. Back and forth emails asking me to sign in, me telling them there was no order, finally they told me to contact PayPal for a transaction number. Got that, they emailed me again to sign in and complete my order. I tried in IE and got locked up when I entered my username and password. (It just kept loading and loading and loading.) So I went into Chrome, got into signon screen, but the field for User name would not open up so I could type in it.

They said they will refund my charge if I can't get in...I'm waiting to see if that happens. It's been almost two weeks! So I never even got my order completely placed, but I've spent hours trying to get in and finish my request. So who knows how it would have worked out, since it's impossible to log in.

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

44 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question