US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

petrak4
1/16/17

If you use Fiverr gigs, you can be sure one of these masters will destroy your business at all. People on Fiverr are completely incompetent and only try to scam buyers. Fiverr is the only scam. Fiverr support helps only robbers because Fiverr people are robbers as well. Fiverr is like roulette when you hire "experts", but it always will end as a disaster for all buyers.

gingerb11
1/13/17

I've tried this service two times based on rave seller 5 star reviews. First for $5 mastering gig, then & $5 to submit 1 track to 1000's of radio stations. The master was horrible & I only got 1 response from a radio station. I got a lot better results submitting on my own. It would have been more helpful if they provided proof of submission, but they didn't. Do not believe all the review hype. I'm never using this service again.

samantham78
1/13/17

I am a buyer for this site. I ordered some banners for my business and for whatever reason both orders totalling $61 were cancelled and the funds placed in my fiverr balance, only problem with this is there is no way of transferring that money to your bank account. I paid via Paypal so I expect refunds to go back to my original payment method- PayPal. I was left with no option but to open a dispute with Paypal and now I'm getting emails telling me that my fiverr account has been restricted and guess what?! The $61 has vanished! This is a nightmare of a company- I've emailed them and they never get back to you. I should have seen the warning flags from the start, I mean what company doesnt have a contact number?? Their contact email is not easy to find either. Steer clear of this company everyone, whether you're a buyer, like me, or a seller. Something dodgy about these cowboys. Thankfully I paid with Paypal so I'm hoping I can escalate it with them and receive a full refund.

pavlinao
1/11/17

I fell into the same trap!! Paid $160!!! for service that was never done. They all claim they are professionals but none of them knows what the heck they are doing! Communication SUCKS and nothing gets every done. I wasted month of my time and money and now I have to start over again.

marthas65
1/4/17

I'm trying to get an e-commerce site built. After my time on fiverr I'm still trying to get it built. To start, the freelancer claimed they were fluent in English and they're profile was in good English, but when I talked to them they were very hard to understand. Terrible grammar. I probably should have pulled the job at that point, but I continued anyway. I gave excellent instructions, but they never produced anything. There was lots of back and forth, but no progress was ever made. And he kept calling me sir even though I said repeatedly that I am a woman.

Eventually I got sick of it and got my money refunded through my credit card company. I will never use fiverr again. How are you supposed to trust that your project will get done if the sellers don't even tell the truth about what language they speak?!

jammieg
1/4/17

Fiverr just banned my account for no reason. Please becareful using that site.
I lost my entire online income because of that.

jhonem6
1/3/17

Totally SCAM.

1. They take 15 or more days for paid to seller.
2. They cut more than 20% commission every single sell.
3. Too many Seller make copy but they didn't have any qualification to work.

and many more. Just avoid.

anikak2
1/3/17

I m member of Fiverr community since 2012, recently one month ago a buyer name with "fay06835001" has a ordered me with $80 for my services, i have completed his work and sent the work as per time duration, after complete all the procedure, payment also cleared in my wallet, and after one month the fraud buyer had dispute the amount from paypal which he has paid on fiverr from, and I lost my $64 from my wallet balance.I complained on fiverr about this issue i requested many times to get my money return, but they are not responding correctly. this means fiverr has not responsibly about sellers earned payment, so guys dont trust on this community they are also fraud, Fiverr is fraud community dont register on this site.

jamesm556
1/1/17

I lost $120 on this site from a gig where the designer scammed me. I won't go into detail, but in a nutshell, I paid $120 and expected a quality drawing. But what I got instead was something that looked like it was drawn by a 6 year old. Fiverr wouldn't give me my money back nor would the seller. NEVER. AGAIN.

berta29
12/29/16

They took my money and close my account for no reason!

This is the text of their email:

Our system has brought to our attention irregular purchasing activity originating from your electronic location. After further review, we've permanently disabled your account for violations of our Terms of Service. All feedback reviews given to a seller must come from legitimate sales executed exclusively through the Fiverr platform from users within our Community. Any purchases arranged from services outside of Fiverr to enhance seller's ratings or to abuse the Fiverr platform using fraudulent purchases will result in a permanent suspension of the seller's account.

Useless to say I NEVER done what thay say...

Stay far from Fiverr

albertos37
12/24/16

- Order numbers: #FO48499221D5 #FO28498E28D7
- Buyer username: mohaharb from United Arab Emirates (Mohammed Harb)
- Oct 12, 16 and Oct 13, 16
- Website design
- Payment has been gone after finish the order and done all works

>> What I did:

- Links:
First design: http://143.95.230.102/~zatmo/

Second design: http://143.95.230.102/~zatmo/new/

- Screenshots from second website:

This screenshot in 11th October:

- Screenshots from FTP from CPanel:
First design 25th September: http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/1779228/d04bf6ca155b20f2b8276bf235031ee6

Second design 5th October: http://www.awesomescreenshot.com/image/1779285/c0549982761d2a64627d17b95767dc8f

- Kindly check the attached screenshot from admin.

1- I make a full dynamic cms without providing any content and I put Content from the internet as per request (first design).
2- He didn't like the design.
3- I make another one as per request (Second Design).
4- He likes it and request to change photo, and I did.
5- He likes it but need the logo to be suitable on the scrolling photos, then I make a glow on Logo and add more photos.
6- He requests another page and I make it (Writing Services), and we got content from the internet because he don't have a content.

Conclusion: I did 2 designs and all the requested points and more without extra gigs, and he didn't provide content or even any other requests, even he will post-pond your business, I make a good work and deserve my offer, and waiting if there's any obvious requests.

Fiverr has been canceled the orders without returning to me, and after he accept the orders!!!
is that scam?

I request a full refund to my money

jamilahg
12/24/16

They lie to you about payment i cant give 5 star work if im getting two star payments they say funds will clear after 14 days on the 14th day you find your self waiting another 12 hours i guess fiverr cares about nothing but fiverr forget if you worked hard for the money cause you needed it never depend on fiverr the greedy whale whales only live for 29 years

rossk20
12/21/16

Hired a "guru" who didn't have the knowledge required to complete the job he was given, despite being given a detailed specification before he accepted the job.

When he realized he couldn't deliver, the seller opened a dispute in order to cancel the job. When this happens, the buyer is refunded in the form of "store credit" (minus a processing fee) rather than receiving a refund to the original payment method.

My Fiverr account has now been frozen as I opened a PayPal dispute in order to claim a full refund. F**k 'em, it's not like I was planning to use them again anyway...

Scummy business. They're parasites really - they take a 20% cut of the seller's fee in return for doing nothing. Given that, I suppose it's easy to understand how buyers have to deal with lazy, unmotivated sellers.

mikes482
12/19/16

only negative experience here

FIVERR-Support is supporting fraudulent activities.
support is delete deals and other buyers prefer for all buyers.
I warn here no logos to buy! Graphics / Logos all stolen works
they will have problems if owner information
copyright :)
dont support this fraud site!

debic2
12/15/16

I contracted someone to do some quick word press fixes. I laid out what needed to be done - moving pics and text, creation of a form.
They deleted work of mine they weren't supposed to touch, reconfigured pages that makes it awkward to read and resized a calendar into a postage stamp.
It's not like I was getting it for 5 bucks...I paid almost $50. and am out of luck. The seller won't respond to emails and did about a half hour of work (maybe) on the site. I have put in a dispute, but from the looks of things on here, it won't go anywhere. Oh, and he said he was in Toronto Canada, but is actually in India (just happen to have a map on my site that shows where the users are located.)
Won't use this site again.

evelyns43
12/12/16

After payment and giving the brief, he agreed to a 6pm delivery. Then he went completely unresponsive. After deadline has passed, he finally replied 'wip. within a few hours'. Even though I was supposed to get 2 revisions, he sent nothing - no sketches, no drafts. I finally cancelled the order 8 hours later because he simply didn't submit anything.

See screen grabs attached as evidence. And the crap excuse he gave.

Tip for consumers: https://www.fiverr.com/hiraarshad

muhammadkamranb
12/10/16

I earned lots of money with my experienced team in one year. Many overseas clients were happy with me they posted excellent reviews for me. Fiverr just blocked my account because buyers contacted me on my email. Thats really poor by fiverr.

kikiv2
12/6/16

Did not get final product, harassment from seller to give her 5 stars Fatine graphics, didn't understand English, the woman used online translator, I gave up on that gig loosing the money to a fake. You get better options doing it yourself. Read all reviews specially the bad ones and the not so bad. Just writing "awesome jobs" means is a friend of the seller.

vitaliym2
12/2/16

They removed my gig without any comments, just because I wrote in my description that I have good reputation on other freelance service. It wasn't even a URL, just a name of that service. And they write it's not possible to recover my descriptions and FAQ. I spent 3 hours creating that gig and Fiver simply stole my time. It was so user-friendly! I'm speechless.

alb1734
12/1/16

I've tried fiverr a few times. Each and every time I received utter garbage. Do not trust their profile or bio summaries. I've hired straight up ivy league school grads (that's what they say anyway) with hundreds of reviews who charge top dollar who spat out material that my 14 year old nephew could write better. They don't refund you either. And a warning to all...many will hack your Fiverr account for your information. One of Fiverr's power sellers (hundreds of positive reviews) did it to me to extort a positive review for shoddy work. It was obvious he had done it before. Don't trust the positive reviews that the sellers have.

janiceh37
11/30/16

I pre-paid for a job. Waited 20 hours to have the "seller" refuse the job, saying he was away from his computer. Rather than refunding my money, it is sitting in my "fiver account". I just want my money back, but they refuse to refund it. STAY AWAY! THEY JUST RIP YOU OFF!

mayah8
11/27/16

if you have any problem with seller Fiverr is playing like 3 monkeys ,be aware

racheald1
11/27/16

So I see a lot of reviews about buyers being scammed, and I totally see why. Fiverr is a good idea that's been executed poorly in all aspects, and I'll tell you, it's no cake walk for a real seller either. While having to compete with the cheaper copywriters and crap that run rampant across the website, the system in place where your exposure is totally dependant on reviews, while not unusual itself, is heavily influenced by that first review. My integrity as a seller is greatly influenced by the first review I get. With that comes the seller system where we don't get to pick what we can or can't take; if they order it, it accepts, with no regard to our work load, POOR money management wherein if you complete an order early, you still have to wait for the due date to pass, PLUS two weeks to process and lost profit and it's just not worth it when you need the money NOW. There's also the matter of declination, which negatively impacts your page if you have to turn down someone, and the content timer where your maximum limit is 30 from (auto) accept or you get bad marks that pressures the sellers into rushing or becoming overloaded. Granted, there are some sleazy folks floating, but it completely washes away the chances or real work getting accomplished, and some buyers are just as cheap as the sellers.

Case in point: I have two gigs set up, one for simple pencil story board for visual context, to turn script or novel into light cartoon format; and actual comic work, drawn, inked, etc, for two difference prices and extras. A customer began hounding questions about quality and such on the story board, which I gave a guarantee to, then asked if I can add ink to it, and I ago redirect him to the other option, after he claimed it was a story board for a film project.
Storyboards don't require high quality ink.
He now refuses to explain what the project is for, and instead of giving character designs, he insists on cutting a pasting ideas from copywrited images rather than make his own. From an artist standpoint, it's unbearable due to the copywriter fears, and his amoral lack of creative and poor writing ability, as well as his attempts at returning to "story board plus ink" instead of proper comic, which is more expensive, so it have given me a harsh sense of malice for my skill having to work with someone so unprofessional as to use "lol" in correspondence. He eventually bought the proper gig, but it left me two weeks to complete almost 20 pages, and desperate for money and that lauded first review, I had to comply, only to find out how in creative and fishy he was, as well as it would take a month to get my money, complete or no, and what originally started at $55 became $44, then $42 some odd through PayPal, etc, whereby I am trapped between quality of work, quantity of work, price and time, to either list realistic expectation of maximum days (29) and wait that long for money I need now, and push away buyers who want it "quick" or list impossible odds to make ends meet and have disgruntled buyers.
It is not a good system. It is not worth the heartache and stress. Sell on Etsy, sell on DeviantArt, sell anywhere but here.
For here there be bull$#*!.

jeant22
11/25/16

Hi,

I got cheated by a Seller called Munez_Studio who claimed to be 'Experienced' and of 'High Quality'. The seller literally cut and pasted logos and used 'Arial' fonts for my Decal Sticker project. There are no skills and when being questioned on what design software he used - couldnt answer. Next, he sent me a pdf filled with high quality image (which I found out was plagued from other design agencies) and claimed that those works are his.

Next, Fiverr refused to speak further about the issues on Fake Sellers and closed the case promptly as 'Resolved' without answering any of my complaints.

EVERYONE, STAY AWAY FROM FIVERR. It is fraudulent.

ks179
11/25/16

The sellers make commitments, take the money and do not fulfill the commitments. Fiverr's system is greatly flawed and it favors the fraudulent sellers. I am in the process of working towards getting my refund, via my bank. NEVER WILL I USE FIVERR AGAIN. (That was the first and last time)

2 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

52 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question