Review of Fiverr

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

frann21
3/27/17

I ordered a gig from this seller, and things started off perfectly okay. I provided the seller with everything she needed to develop my website. When she was done with the website she emails me to let me know, and what do I see? Someone else's website. I explain to the seller this is not my website. At this point communication became sparse. She says she is going to fix it. March 15 the order was supposed to be completed. March 23 I filed a dispute after giving the seller ample time to complete the order. I also gave her a negative review. I asked her repeatedly for updates, in which I never received it.

What happened next was abysmal.

I quickly changed the passwords to my websites, but I was on an island and had zero internet connection. She figured out my password to my Gmail, and changed the Gmail account information and recovery email. I was locked out. She then went into my Fiverr account modified the review and gave herself 5 stars.

Thankfully Fiverr is looking into the situation and provided me with a refund. I will continue to use Fiverr, but be careful with some of these gigs you order as some of the work that they "show you" could be fake. Ms Sarah Expert is her name.

Fiverr gave me a credit and I'm in the process of getting that credit back on my credit card. There were also unauthorized credit card charges to my account.

Tip for consumers: Do not use Fiverr --it's cheap for a reason. You get what you pay for.

oscarg23
3/26/17

If for some reason your order gets cancelled they will give you credits not a refund to your original payment method.
The worst part is that in order to use those credit the next purchase has to be for the same amount of your credit in your account.

deborahr58
3/26/17

The switch and bait comes in where they post one price for the job and when you get in their advertising site and chat with them, WOW, the price sky rockets! I have ordered several different things from many advertisers on fiverr. The ones to really watch out for are people from foreign country's! I wasted 50.00 on having a website made, I kept ketching errors and having all kinds of changes even after it was finished. The designer was good to work with and changed what was needed! So, I got it on line and could never get it to take off, to start getting calls, so, this year I just had it removed! Most of the vendor's on fiverr are amaturs! You get what you pay for! As far as, dealing with support, some times they were helpful
And other times not at all???? I hope this helps someone!

shawneeh
3/25/17

I accidentally ordered a service that I did not want and I went to cancel it within a few minutes before the seller had started the work. The seller refused my cancellation and said that cancellations make their reviews negative. I'm not entirely sure why they do not have a cancellation policy that is both safe for the seller and buyer but they seriously need it!

Also after attempting to cancel the order they automatically terminated my account.

Terrible service.

nathans69
3/25/17

my truthful review regarding the site

Please do watch my video and you will understand more clear on why Fiver.com is nothing more but the only scam ever in Planet Earth!

Tip for consumers: any tips? yep just keep away from it :P

ahmadm28
3/24/17

Very bad site after few month automatic account disable!...........................................................

debid8
3/20/17

Working for a Forbes 50 left my management position eliminated after a failed merger. Reached out to fiverr.com, provided a professional resume writer all requested information and, after seven days, still no response or product. Reached out to the next one, paid $105 for resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn update with a six-day turnaround. Just prior to midnight on day six, I get resume, cover letter, and request for my LinkedIn login info, which I promptly provided.

Two hours later, and long after I went to bed, she says I needed to give her the security code emailed to me, which I did. Hours later, she responded, "it's too late." I ask her to provide me a time when she is available.

Long story short- here we are, seven days PAST the six day due date, still no LinkedIn, but the order "auto completed" and she has my money.

Go to customer service, first for help on stopping auto complete; no help. Then to complain that they have my money and I have no LinkedIn. What does the customer service lead do? Insults me by writing, "I cannot believe you did not know you would need a security code." Really? Why would I think about that since the gal who does this for a living did not even think to tell me?

Super pissed- more at the total lack of site support, than the absolute mishandling of my order. Horrible experience!

adrianam22
3/16/17

Bad freelancers , they just want to do simple tasks to make money and not working on big projects.
The company steals mony and does not refund

miked245
3/14/17

Fiverr is horrible.They have the worst support ever they will just take your earnings and will disable your withdraws... Stay away from fiverr.... They also disable my account with $760 in there and now not replaying to any emails... I was buyer on the site.. Fiverr SUCKS!!! STAY AWAY!

valg19
3/13/17

I recently joined Fiverr, as a buyer. I wanted some illustrations done for my children books, that I had written. I also made some wrong moves, thinking that the sellers are honest and professionals. Two of the sellers on Fiverr, (who also had glowing ratings), are nothing but thieves. They refused to return my manuscripts, which I had also foolishly sent to them, to illustrate. Those two sellers are, 1. an Indian woman (who also used a much younger picture on Fiverr) name "aparnapandabera". Avoid this thief at all cost. She is arrogant, rude and unethical. My repeated requests for her to return my mss, were ignored by her. 2. The other seller's name is lunaitme. She is also a thief. She told me that other sellers could have "copied my manuscripts", and I am sure that she herself did just that. Both of these sellers has so called positive reviews on Fiverr. I could not leave them a negative review. Please ask for samples of their work and you will see that their actual drawings are so crappy, that even a kindergarten student can draw much better. What they do is to show a lot of vector art on their profile page and their drawing skills are so low, that you will gasp at the actual results. Any system, like Fiverr, that asks you to pay upfront (via credit cards, or paypal,or a Fiverr's account), before the artist actually does the work, is suspect. It is a great mistake, because you don't know how skilled those persons are. Many of them are not. I can do vector art myself and have also done the graphic designs, for my books. I also don't advertised myself as an illustrator, because of that fact. (And I have the books to prove my skills in regards to that fact).
I used Fiverr because it is supposed to be cheaper and save you a lot of time. I was wrong. I got quotes for those illustrations, at $550.00. I kid you not.
Another thing I find is that I could not sell on Fiverr. I tried to sell and it kept creating all kinds of problems for me. If I tried to type in my writing skills, such as creative writing, Fiverr's stupid system would not let me do that.
And last, but not least. NO SERVICE ON FIVERR, IS FOR $5.00. as it claimed. Don't believe me?, then try buying some service on Fiverr and see if you actually pays $5.00, or anything close to that amount. That figure quoted by Fiverr, is to actually get you on to that site, but the rates are nothing close to that. $5.00 is just one tiny part of the cost. If you want the full service, form the seller, then you also be prepared to pay a lot more money. Don't trust certain sellers, like illustrators on Fiverr. They can't draw and uses digital technology, to rip you off.

jenniferh257
3/13/17

You get what you pay for. I asked a designer to create a book cover for CreateSpace. I did all the basic design, layout, chose the fonts and sent the artwork to the Fiverr.com designer. All I needed was someone to replicate my design into a cover that met the CreateSpace specifications. What I got was a product that looked like what I wanted, but met NONE of the specifications. CreateSpace had to make tons of changes to my file to get it to fit and it still looks bad. It took over a week to get my job done. The designer apparently has a master's degree in design (I'm sure that's fake) because there were so many typos and basic design errors, it took multiple revisions to get it done. And it still wasn't right in the end. The designer was based in Pakistan, so you have to deal with the time difference and language barrier. Avoid this service at all costs. Unless you like things to look like a 10 year old created them. Pay a little more for a local designer that can spell and knows how to actually do design work.

umers2
3/11/17

Guys i m using fiverr.com and i think this is the best website on planet for freelancing.alot of gigs with different services and very good experience.

lm106
3/11/17

Fiverr has a rating of F at the BBB.

Also:
The star ratings by each seller on Fiverr are false. The reason for this is that the Fiverr system makes it difficult for buyers to leave feedback. For example if a buyer coomplains to Fiverr often Fiverr will cancel the order and the buyer has not chance to leave the correct feedback. Fiverr favors the seller.

cristianw
3/9/17

I wish I had visited this page beforehand. I had no idea. I trusted Fiverr sellers. I was scammed 2 hours ago, and I am very very upset. To the point that I am here writing a review to combat unethical business. Fiverr support is no where in sight currently. Hard to reach.

I started a non profit organization recently, and I am looking to have a logo made. I contacted a seller before hand and gave them an idea of what I wanted.
I paid $105 for a logo, and got a 5$ quality logo. I mean total crap. I couldn't believe what I received for what I paid. Seller refused to refund me. She was clever and said, "If you wish to longer do business with me, then complete the order." Meaning she will keep my money. She didn't seem to give a damn about her submission of a cheap rushed logo. I feel so undervalued and cheated. She has complete control over my cash and what she submits. If I open a dispute with her on Fiverr, all she does is cancel it. I opened this dispute many more times, but she cancelled them all. I opened dispute asap with Paypal, praying they will judge fairly and give me back my hard earned cash. Don't rely on the "Top Rated Sellers" like I did.

There are many other issues that ring true. Any refunds you do get must stay in the Fiverr account.
Sellers reviews are probably manipulated.
and so much more, but I am exhausted and no longer wish to go in detail.
This isn't the first time a seller gave me extremely low quality products for money, but they kindly refunded me. I will no longer risk my money with fiverr.

Her account is:
@sarahgraphics
You can at least avoid it if you'd like.
She has "GREAT" sample logos. Top ratings. It's so weird how this happened.

Summary:
Fiverr customer support is seemingly absent
FIverr is biased with sellers
Buyers are not protected
Sellers can mislead people.
Refunds stay in Fiverr account.
And many more issues.

Tip for consumers: Expect cheap quality products. That's why their pitch is $5 services for your business. Use them for just that. Cheap. I am not denying there are good promising sellers with real talent, but it is never good enough when you are mislead and a large sum of money and taken and no one is able to help me except paypal.

ahnalirak
3/9/17

I like to support internet businesses so it saddens me to report that Fiverrr earned less than one star from me after my experience with them. tony_boi943 was the particular seller I used. He made promises to answer questions and reply "usually" within 5 hours, but actually responded once every 24 hours if I was lucky--not even taking the time to answer my questions but always remembering to ask me for a five star review.

Not only were the files poorly labeled so that I had to guess which file was specific to which fulfillment requirement, he sent files that wouldn't open in any of my programs and, ignored all of my requests for help. I tried to cancel the order when his reponses started taking so long, but he refused the cancel (apparently sellers have to approve cancellations) and then he complained to me--still not answering my questions-- when I didn't give him a five star review.

I contacted Fiverr support, and they continually referred me back to the seller to work it out and asked me to keep them posted. When I finally told them I would be contacting my credit card company to dispute the charge, they did finally send me links to help open some of the files I couldn't access and told me I would be restricted from their site if I disputed the charge. Why those links weren't sent to me right away--and put on the website along with the files--is something they will work out for themselves, I suppose, if they want to run an internet business that has any kind of customer support.

In good conscience, I have to steer others away from this business.
Respectfully,
Ahnalira Koan

Tip for consumers: The site asks for reviews before final delivery. Proceed with caution.

johnh674
3/8/17

Stay away, Fiver has a bunch of thiefs on the site. It's just trash trying to make a living off other peoples work. I'm sure your site does not even check the work they are peddling. Crap website.

chrisf125
3/7/17

if you are up against a deadline and see a great opportunity to contract with an artist...and let's say you even want to pay top dollar ($75 not $5) - expect the run around with no ability to actually contact the artist and no respect for your deadline. Further, no clear way to contact Fiverr. I now have an AMEX dispute with the company. Excellent first experience. Thanks (100% sarcasm)

dereks51
3/4/17

These pieces of $#*! stole $96.00 from me and when I complained because my order took over a week before I heard anything from them, some $#*! named Muhammed replied saying that "Americans are greedy, how does it feel to be stole from?"
I filed a fraudulent case with my credit card company and the agent from my credit card company, said that he has received numerous reports of that website being a scam. Stay away from these $#*! anti-American bastards!

melissap93
3/4/17

I "hired" someone to make a logo, paid extra for 24 hour turnaround of first proof. Had nothing after 36 hours. Asked for refund. Got that, but found out that Fiverr does NOT allow you to get your money back. They, in fact, KEEP your money as "credit." Also found out that you can only use said credit on an amount that is the same or less than what you have. So I had $25 in and wanted to hire a new person for $30. Sorry, can't use the credit! SO I stupidly paid another $30 for another person to make a logo. I told him EXACTLY what I wanted, sent a pic of something similar, he gave me literally nothing that I asked for and even spelled my company name wrong. Five go-rounds with the same guy later and he "delivers" and then somehow closes the gig. I paid for 2 logos, only got 1.

I left the guy horrible feedback after he refused to communicate with me, and then he left feedback saying I was horrible and no one should work with me, meanwhile he has my money and I have 1 logo that is sort of-ish OK when I paid for 2. He then contacted me and said that if I left him positive feedback he would refund my money. I sent that on to Fiverr support and they said "just do what he asks." So, apparently, it is A-OK to extort good reviews from customers. The best part? Now they have $55 of my money in the form of a store credit that I will never use. A**holes. DO NOT USE.

sirrc
3/4/17

Fivrr seems to make a promise on which it does not deliver; a contractual agreement with a motivated young artisan to utilize their ingenuity to produce a professional piece of work . I don't want to make the classically unAmerican mistake of the deriding an entity of free enterprise but, Fivrr is a pyramid scheme rolled out in online form, and it's most successful contractors produce its most mediocre services . You do not become featured on fiverr for producing high-quality work for employers who can vouch your commercially safe and tested ability to perform your duties . You become successful and highly featured in the listed results for sellers by producing extremely sub par and sub intelligent, half assed, nearly automated feats of anti-imagination . Taking a piece of clipart and combining it with a font is considered logo creation . Taking a ramshackle resume and throwing it through a word processor is considered resume editing . Taking a useless copy and slapping it onto a premade template is considered resume creation . I have had several experiences with fivrr and can testify that the results' most outstanding and enduring quality has been that they are bad . Merely bad . The "gigs" could be performed by a Low-level computer program; and most likely are, in many cases . The focus for the sellers is on quantity, not quality, and it is very difficult to place who, if not an endless supply of dissatisfied customers, they're for. There are few people I'm sure who lack the ingenuity to use Photoshop who still desperately require and can make any use of a corporate logo generated by its most rudimentary functions . And few prospective employees entering the job market who don't understand where to find basic resume templates in word processing tools who have any success with their low-quality resume. Fivrr is a philosophers stone; it takes the form of whatever you most desire. What it rewards you with is only the illusion of having it. I urge you dear readers to consider that all that I have said is true. Thank you .

jasonh156
3/4/17

A BUYER ORERED MY GIG EVERYTHING WAS COMPLETED NEXT MORNING FIVER CANCELS ORDER AND RETURNS FUNDS TO HIM ADDING NEGATIVE TO MY BALANCE AND CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS HORRIBLE THEY NEVER HERE THE SELLER OUT ONLY BUYER

tomh204
3/1/17

Ive spent close to 30K on Fiverr over 2 years. I use for ad design, craigslist posting and SEO stuff. you can get good deals, but you have to sift through a lot of bad sellers. The thing that pisses me off about fiverr is their management. I have so many problems getting a logical answer whenver there is a problem. Too many to list. My advice would be to copy and paste a detailed summary of what you want to many sellers and see what responses you get. If you have a problem, dont expect their idiot management team to help.

beccyn
3/1/17

I spent hours completing a high quality piece of work for a customer, and of the $20 charge, I was left with only $16 payment - which will be available to me in 14 days!

Fiverr charges users to cash out their accounts - so unless I order myself some gigs (giving them commission in the process), I will be charged commission to take out the money from the website.

So, charges, charges, and more charges. Plus a ridiculous amount of waiting time to be awarded the money I have worked hard for and EARNED.
AVOID!

inkywingedartisti
2/26/17

I opened a seller account to set up a few freelance illustration and writing gigs. 99% of the customers are too cheap to even pay beyond the basic $5 and will try to force you to give them work for free or "Samples." They will also turn around and use the work for commercial purposes or resell them when your gig T.O.S states specifically that they have no right unless they pay the extra licensing fee.

Customers also force you to do free revisions for completed work that they initially gave a five star review for and personal messages of praise for such a good job you do with your work. Believe me when I say it. They will twist your arm to get free work out of you and hold you hostage with threats of bad reviews if you don't.

Speaking of ratings, they're an elaborate joke. You can be the nicest seller and give the best work possible, but they'll still give you mediocre reviews.

Customer service is non existent. I've only gotten automatic replies from bots with regurgitated info that has nothing to do with your issues. I never once was able to get into contact with a living human being. They don't even have a phone number.

After a while of dealing with this website I decided to pause my gigs and take a few months off to focus on a full time art job I was offered and get my sleep schedule rearranged so I can work on Fiverr and my full time at the same time.

A few months turned into five months when I finally felt ready to come back to Fiverr. Lo and behold, when I tried to log in my account was restricted. I figured they restricted it because I was gone for so long. I went to customer service to get into contact with them and I couldn't even submit a support ticket because I'm not even able to log in to begin with.

Their customer service frustrated me a bit too much over something so simple. This website is obviously not worth my time, so I'm not bothering anymore. At least I won't have to deal with shady people anymore. Good Riddance.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother with this site.

josieb10
2/23/17

8 of 9 gigs not delivered as agreed, Fiverr forum is a biased seller forum rather against its buyers than to work with them. Their cancellation system is a huge problem as it's just too easy to cancel a gig (seller & buyer) one-sided. Many sellers want to avoid a bad rating by refunding you. Well, the high share of gigs starting at $5 - so don't expect too much. Not my place to buy services and actually I do not recommend to buy anything there.

3 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

55 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 2/21/17
Answer
crissi1
Criss I.
A: Sign up for a Fiverr account and post your first gig as a "doer" (that's what they're calling "Sellers" now). Poof, you're now a freelancer on Fiverr.

Getting your first sale is not as easy. Be unique. Find a niche. If 100 other people are doing what you do, it's going to be harder to get jobs.
3 weeks ago