Review of Fiverr

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

markm375
5/22/17

the designer I choose did a half A** drawing of what I wanted I asked for a revision and never heard from him again (Brien Lee) I asked to cancel my order had to do that twice buy the way still has not been canceled I was also told that I don't actually get my money back this company sucks

nicholasj20
5/21/17

On March 3, 2017, a graphic designer (seller) on Fiverr.com sold me a $30 job for $100. Their gig page was misleading. They presented one style and gave me something else. In my opinion, the seller deliberately bollixed the job. There have been a total of 158 customer complaints and 13 negative reviews filed with the Better Business Bureau against Fiverr, Inc. In fact, the BBB has given Fiverr, Inc. a (F) for an overview rating. I feel this reflects badly on the State of New York, the Federal Trade Commission should immediately pull Fiverrs business license.

cliffordw22
5/18/17

This is a terrible site and scam!!! I will never purchase from this site again. The lady who made my promotional card was some girl from Pakistan who created the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I could have gotten my toddler to create a better one on Microsoft. It looked like she waited until the last minute and slapped something together just to make the deadline. I tried to cancel my order with her 2 times and she declined and I contacted customer support and they were no help, but simply said work it out with the seller. After getting her to fix ALL the problems and going back and forth for a week she delivered it. I go to print them and they print out blurry! She would not increase the resolution so I wasted my money. How she had all 5 star reviews is beyond me!

karenc224
5/18/17

Gosh! These are really some bad reviews that I was not expecting. However this means I am not alone. Now my experience...

The so-called "top class logo designer with 5 years experiences" first started off with a very friendly "customer service" and emphasized on providing 100% satisfaction and to hint that it has to be a 5-star review that should be given once the case gets closed. Yet at one point in the beginning, he even closed the case without any mutual agreement. I guess he simply wanted to a NICE record of a fast turnaround. However the first draft looked more that an ENHANCED internet image with the company name. We were expecting, well, more than that quality of course, given the "impressive profile introduction" that the designer claimed to be. Naturally we would want changes. We had even added on the changes fee of USD20. Now with the designer's attitude changed completely citing that it is not fair to him to incorporate the color changes and we need to add on another payment. If there was a clear communication right from the start to limit the number of changes, we will gladly abide. But there was nothing said. Sad to say, it feels like being SCAMMED.

Now, the designer simply closed the case without our agreement. At the end of the day, he only wants to have the 5-stars reviews published on his profile. This is a dirty trick.

I guess there could be genuine designers out there in Fiverr doing REAL PROFESSIONAL work, but it really depends on your luck on who you have picked. With this bad experience, we will NOT be back on Fiverr again. My thoughts, unless you have a real recommendation of a good designer on Fiverr, do not go there and instead go for real professionals and pay a few more bucks to get the value of the work. After all, it's the ARTWORK of your company brand. Do it well.

My lesson learned. I wished I'd known better, earlier.

Good luck, people! =)

tm134
5/17/17

I started with them way back in 09 or so..when everything was $5, now it's $30-50 dollars so the FIVER is a mis-nomer. I've had countless gigs over the years that were NOT satisfactory, but never charged back, but this last experience of creating a logo for $42 which was the premium price: iamfrk7 charges, who lives in Turkey creates turkeys! basically used reg fonts you can get for free, + nothing more than cheap clip art attached to it. He claims you get all these different examples, but in the end you only get ONE! Service is totally unacceptable, and the files he finally sent me, will not open in paint to resize even though it has a .png extention on it, so he did something to it in photoshop so it will not open in paint...have had it with Fiver gig, and this time I will put a claim into paypal for my money back..total fraud..

ashleyg94
5/16/17

I was having issues with a designer that was customizing my website. I did not like his design that he put on my website and it showed that he was not really a professional. So, I asked him to revise the website and again the design was plain and mediocre. I contacted Fiverr customer support to cancel the project and give put the deposit order of $130.00 back into my account. They told me that I need to work with the designer. My dislike for how the project was going should have been enough to give me a refund. I then told the designer that I did not like his design and I wanted to cancel service but refused the cancellation. I once more contacted Fiverr customer service to get my refund and again they told me the same information, to work with the individual. I refused and Fiverr proceeded to give the person the $130.00 when I told them I was having issues with the project. Terrible service especially when the issues was not even resolved. I closed my account just about 2 weeks ago, never again.

wesleys42
5/15/17

Designers refuse to listen to what you want. Most of them are teams of people and each revision is done by a different person. They apparently refuse to look at all the communication up to that point so they don't deliver what you want. I asked for a two color logo and only got it after I tried to cancel the order after giving them 5 tries to get it right. I even went up to a $25 gig because I had this issue with a $5 one. Will never use fiverr again!

Tip for consumers: Don't use fiverr. Everr

jennyl83
5/10/17

This site takes advantage of independent artists and entrepreneurs by encouraging below-market rates and taking a high percentage (20%!) out of it afterwards. I don't recommend it.

pault148
5/10/17

Do not, do not do NOT use Fiverr's services. How this company is still in business is beyond my comprehension. I ordered a deluxe logo package for $40 - thinking I would get some decent logos - and after working with two designers - I have decided that this company hires amateurs with no experience to design for them. I tried to get my money back - known as a refund for a dissatisfied customer in most industries - and was told that my money would be put in a "shopping cart" for future purchases. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.

avoids1
5/9/17

Save your $5 dollars and hire professionals for $50. These are the low end boys and girls from Philipine, Bangladesh or Pakistan.

buzb1
5/7/17

IM NEVER USING THIS WEBSITE AGAIN. They have dumb rules. They dont accept my orders and dont tell me why. $#*!K THIS WEBSITE.

michaelm567
5/4/17

Just FYI, this is May 4, 2017. I've had 3 encounters with fiverr freelancers and 2 of them were HORRIBLE. 'Genuinely horrible. I worked with a very immature translator who questioned me on why I gave him 4 instead of 5 stars. It was as though I had to defend myself. He also EXPECTED a tip, which (of course) disinclined me in doing so. He had numerous mistakes in his translation, didn't deliver my file in the format I had asked for, and then questioned my rating of him. I was actually being GENEROUS in giving him 4 stars.

Then I worked with a designer who was taking my layout, my choice of font, my text, and simply creating a business card in a format that would be print company-friendly. At first, I got a zip file that--when I downloaded it--was identified by my machine as an iTunes file!!!!!!!!!!!! Later, when I received corrected files, I sent them to Moo (an online printer), to have them look at them. They had the "fiverr" watermark in them! And, on closer inspection, I noticed that a logo was horizontal on the front of the card, and vertical on the back side. Spacing of the entire text and logo on the back was off, as was spacing between the logo and a line of text.

HERE'S THE KICKER. I offered the so-called designer an out, and she took it. She "refunded" my $70. But--and it's a huge but--I don't actually get that money back!!!!! It goes into my "account," to use for future projects, with this company that I've grown to hate.

So there you have it. Oh--they're located in Israel, so you can't contact a state's attorney general, say. I will write some letters, though. A payment to a designer, with a refund, SHOULD be a refund to ME, of my hard-earned money.

Simply. Avoid. Using. Fiverr.

jackiem89
5/3/17

We wanted a logo and went to the first person who had hundreds of positive reviews and appeared creative. What we got was a quick photoshop at best , so after waiting days for revisions , we cancelled the order.
Then I discovered you cannot get your cash back but have to use it on fiverr . Fiverr keep their fee .
I tried again , with even worse results.
I was initially excited by this concept but it is obviously the gigs are set up by people who have zero creativity and could be children making some pocket money. All you need is a few logo making apps.
The customer is not protected at all . There is no guarantee of quality of the work. You will not see your money again . AVOID at all costs. A total waste of money.

dff4
5/2/17

I put an offer and specifically asked for examples of previous relevant work. Got 21 replies, 0/21 replies provided an example. WTF. I wasn't offering $5, I was offer an ongoing monthly contract worth hundreds to possibly thousands and not one person read the request properly. It was a short request too. No longer than this review.

janetc15
5/2/17

I was a buyer, never a seller so I can't tell how it feels to sell anything. For any sort of design, if you purchase from here, 9/10 times you get what you pay for. And what you get is rushed, poor, low-quailty work. It's all disposable work and nothing unique or special to your business or brand. Buying any sot of logo or design work for under a certain price is just outright ridiculous.

No one is going to make a logo for even $50. A good design takes time, effort, research and building blocks to access what you need as a client. Also, plagiarism is ramped. So if you want to pay $5 for something, it's always up to you. However, I will avoid this website. I gave it three stars because it does help true freelancers gain a bit if income, but I believe $5 is just too good to be true. With the fees, you won't make much as a seller either.

I work as a creative in the design field, so let me tell you: you will see a difference between something $5-100 and something $500. True freelancers: don't let this be tha platform for you to make money, you're getting ripped off. For buyers, be careful of what you buy. Many "designers" here fake their work, steal work, or misrepresent stock designs as their own or original.

I went to one of Fiverr's city events just to eat, drink and collect their goodie bag. I will never do business with them again. Again, like I said, if you're a freelancer and do legitimate quality work here, kudos to you. But I believe that you guys don't deserve to be robbed such high fees.

rd90
5/2/17

I would give less than 1 star if I could. I used this site for a flyer design. You have to be a graphic artist to use this website. I mean you must explain everything to the point that seller expects you to draw what you have in mind. They have no creativity. Absolutely NONE. and if you are busy for a couple of days forget it. THEY WILL CLOSE ORDER IN 3 DAYS. and thats it. YOUR done. MONEY GONE. I would not recommend this site to any one.

armane1
5/1/17

This site is the worst. Most of the sellers are very unprofessional. Communication is very difficult you go back and forth achieving little. I can say you get what you pay. Fiverr administrators give a F* when it comes to cancelling your orders. They simple decline your request and refer you to their policy. And if they do cancel your order, they give you credit on their service offered but they won't credit your money.

priyankp
4/27/17

Fiverr works great for small gigs where the provider has to put in only little effort to complete your gig. If something has to be developed from scratch then it is a bad fit for Fiverr. Even if the job is small. Learning how to do it well takes 10000 hours. The measly pay of $5 to $50 per gig works for the provider only if he/she is reusing 95% of something they have already made or something that the provider is very familiar with.

Don't expect the provider to spend lot of time on gigs this cheap.

ashleyw119
4/25/17

I had got my app done threw fiverr and after I had made a payment and got my app done threw the developer . My app started to $#*! up like it kept freezing, loging me out I keep contacting my developer to find out what is the problem with my app she checked and claim that is working fine on her end then she try to get more money out of me and told her no I had paid you the money so I had contacted fiverr and they never respond back before she try to get more money out of me before she even started on my app she had cancelled out one of the orders and send another invoice for me to pay and I paid the second time but not the first it's because she had messed up on the first invoice she send to me. This is worst company I have ever delt with not anymore I gureety these seller off of fiverr probably don't have license to do anything. Very horrible company never in life again

jamesl295
4/25/17

We were using some of there freelance writes to help with copy for our website sfelectronics.biz and we found out the writer was copying another website word for word so we asked for a refund. Fiverr instead blocks us from using the site. there a joke

rebeccai4
4/25/17

The people that advertise, don't deliver on-time and most of the "actresses" who say they'll do a product review don't advertise that they prefer to pick and choose their jobs no matter how respectable. SO, you've wasted your money and your processing fee because FIVERR doesn't refund processing fees and your time waiting for a response is also lost. The last 4 experiences I've had have been crap. The first time I used it the results were great, but I won't be back. It's not worth the aggravation and time. I can hire locally and actually get someone who will ACT.

sarahc241
4/22/17

Stay away from these on Fiverr, fake reviews, they don't have strong skills and the lie a lot

I wasted a lot of money with these

msb11
4/17/17

I purchased online services from Fiverr for tshirt design. The seller waited until the day the project was due to send me thrown together image after thrown together image - no real thought given just to meet the deadline and get paid.

After going back and forth with the Fiverr Seller and Fiverr, to get a refund after the seller did not deliver as promised by the deadline. The seller then held my images hostage because I did not give him a perfect 5 stars in all categories (have screenshot), Fiverr cancelled my account in the middle of other gigs (email messages) I have going on. They did not refund me for 2 of the projects that were ongoing. I did not violate the terms and conditions I STATED the options I had for recovery. Fiverr didn't like the fact that I kept pressing the issue to get my money back so now they are retaliating against me.

I have a screenshot where I was told, by the Fiverr customer service, that filing a dispute was against the terms (I have screenshot of the seller filing the initial dispute)and then Fiverr deactivated my account in middle of a website being built and an image design. Fiverr has bullied me after I was bullied by their seller. In the many screenshots, I have one where the seller told me I was wrong in what I wanted and told me what I should have asked for. He then sent me what he wanted me to have and said, "here take it". The image he sent was not a complete image with just the word mother. Because both the Fiverr and Fiverr seller have both tried to strong arm me for standing up for my rights I am being punished by having my projects shut down in the middle of them. Then Fiverr has not refunded all my money that is owed to me. I had to contact my bank to have them step in.

As Fiverr is again unwilling to see the error in how this issue was handled and now my project is dead in the water. I am going miss my project deadline, have to find another graphic designer and I am loosing days worth of web design work that was cut short due to Fiverr overacting.

This all started because the seller wanted a higher rating then what he earned with the quality of his work and service he delivered to me.

jeffreyl57
4/17/17

I give this company a 'O' . There site is not set up for you to make changes to an order like "remove" or "go Back" so you can customize your ordering. The order was placed and then a conversation between us and the seller went back and forth. The seller whining about his rating will go down and so he disputed our cancellation. We placed 2nd order so that the order we wanted happen. But the 1st order was what caused the problem. a month later the refund had not happen and now they just want to give store credit. We will not be placing any orders with this company... EVER! We suggest that noon else do either.

granth36
4/16/17

Paid £25 for a logo. Fiverr.com told me they never recieved my cash despite it clearly coming out of my account. Email correspondence always just said that they're looking into it. Never was sorted out. Never receieved my logo. Never got my cash back. Absolute cowboys running this site. AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!

4 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

56 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fiverr staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
dianeb58
Diane B.
on 10/5/15
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Fiverr staff and other customers.

19 Photos for Fiverr