Review of Fiverr

Tel: 972-3-6317882
support@fiverr.com

cosimok6
10/21/17

BEWARE!! First time, lost 80$!! Full of fake accounts, if you make an order you cant get your money back unless the free lancer cancels. 80$ lost on a 22 second video which was unpresentable!

tomf112
10/21/17

First let me say, I have used them before with good results - however, recently I paid $25 for a logo and did not receive anything near what I asked for, even with several attempts to contact the vendor. I then contacted the company asking for reimbursement a while back and have heard absolutely nothing. Not good service at all.
Tom Forst

keitht52
10/21/17

I agreed to pay $10 for an artist character from a photo. After paying $10, the artist demanded $15 more to do the work. After canceling the project due to the artist refusal to do the work for the price requested, FIVER REFUSED to refund the money that was taken from my account.
This was the first AND LAST TIME I ever use Fiver.

jenl70
10/17/17

I had a nearly identical situation described by Dan M. (10/15/17). I chose a seller to design my WP Website. He had 5 star reviews, and sent me beautiful examples of his work. I worked hard to negotiate the terms / clearly communicate.The seller was 5 days late with the initial delivery. When he delivered the site, it was an absolute joke. There was 1 image used for the entire site. He used black / block style font when I specifically asked for a particular style. Every page was identical. The alignment of the paragraphs was sloppy. He used a WP Theme of his choice without consulting with me despite my specific request to use the WP Theme I purchased. Interestingly, my repeated requests were ignored by the seller. He promised changes based on my feedback - went silent for over 2 weeks. Fiverr told me that I needed to allow 48 hours for the seller to respond. After 96 hours & no response, the seller delivered another substandard revision. Fiverr refused to acknowledge that the seller failed to provide the service according to the terms we negotiated. My repeated requests for assistance from Fiverr were ignored. Whats laughable is that Fiverr swiftly disabled my account after I filed a dispute with PayPal for violating Fiverrs Terms of Service. Apparently its ok for Fiverr to violate their agreement/ assurance to buyers. They clearly state that a sellers failure to deliver the service within the designated time frame and according to the agreed upon terms gives them the right to cancel the order. I received an email that my account would be permanently disabled unless I withdrew my dispute with PayPal. The challenge is that if I withdraw my dispute, I relinquish my right to re-submit my dispute if Fiverr fails to resolve it. Whats most frustrating is that I am now more than 3 weeks late for my site. It is time I will never get back and a level of frustration that is maddening. I feel ripped off and bullied.

danm200
10/15/17

I chose a "seller" who according to her profile could do what I requested, heck she had a sample that was perfectly like what I wanted. I emailed her, she said she could do it just like the sample, but when she sent me back the finished product it looked nothing like what the sample looked like. I so I asked for a refund. Fiverr gave me a "store credit". I asked for a complete refund but I still have not heard back from Fiverr, nor have I received my refund - now I have to go through the hassle of contacting my credit card to nullify the transaction. I will call this fraud. Stay away from this site.

ianc40
10/13/17

From other reviews I've read here, I must have been very fortunate to find the seller I am currently working with. However, the site is terrible, no support, confusing messages e.g. 'Your order has been rejected' whilst in the middle of reviews! The messaging system is hopeless and makes it is really hard to keep track of multiple orders. There is no way of communicating with the seller outside the Fiverr site otherwise I would work direct. Use this site with caution - support is non-existent.

marks550
10/12/17

I would never, ever recommend this company to anyone I knew, liked or loved. Its a pathetic joke, and dealing with their inept, lazy customer service team is beyond infuriating. After providing pages of examples that the seller did not perform or provide us with anything remotely to our order of company name logo, we demanded the order be cancelled and our funds returned to our credit card since the seller failed to produce any product within the 2 day timeframe. We went in circles for 9 days and customer service still refused to cancel the order. This was on top of the seller now refusing to communicate with us through its online internal email platform.
Good new. Even after customer service said it was against its Terms and Service and that you cant dispute the charges with your credit card, this is 100% False. You can do this, and its your right to do this. We did, and we were able to prove we did not get our product as ordered and the charge was refused. Fiverr can kiss my !@#$. In closing, just like the previous review by "Chereka R", the samples of what was provided by th artist was that of a grade 3 student. It was pathetic and a complete joke. I could have copied and pasted something from Google and gotten a better logo design.
FINAL WORD: You have been warned. Be very careful when deciding to use this site. You cannot dispute the charge with your credit card if you "dont like the work". You can however dispute the charge if you never received the 'completed job". Two very distinct differences. My advise, go buy photo shop and teach yourself. Stay away from Fiverr. its bound to go to hell. Just give it time.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Fiverr and this Seller.

cherekar
10/9/17

These "sellers" don't know what the hell they are doing. I asked for a logo, which I described in vivid detail, and was sent something that my 5 yr old daughter could have drawn. I've attached it for giggles alone. This happened TWICE!!! Then I requested my refund from my "shopping balance" only to NOT get refunded. So I opened a dispute with my Paypal only to receive an email from Fiverr to close my dispute to get my refund... WAIT ON IT...we'll see what happens with Paypal cuz I AIN'T canceling sh*t.

anandk19
10/7/17

Sellers from the third-world countries can choose fiverr if they want to offer charitable or free services to the people of the US and Israel. Fiverr has been designed to take commissions and scam the sellers of Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, China, Nepal, etc. It is very clear to the fiverr management that there are numerous sellers in the third-world countries to work at very lower prices. They are in so badly need of money and job that if they are allowed to get money of the 30% work done for their clients, they will stick to this platform.
This is why if they complete 10 jobs, they are allowed to receive the money of only 3 jobs. Fiverr is very clear that sellers will get in touch with them due to their needs. On the other hand, scamming opportunity in Fiveer will encourage the buyers to get their job done for free. This is will increase the number of buyers and help fiveer earn more.
This is why buyers profiles do not show reviews. Therefore, the sellers cannot understand the buyers who have already scammed many sellers.
On the contrary, sellers profiles show the reviews (posted by the buyers) to help the buyers easily understand a good seller. Out of fear and blackmail for a negative review, a good seller does not like to involved in a quarrel with a buyer- even if he or she is 100% right. Because, he is very clear that the fiverr team always take a buyers side and never ever helps a seller if he or she is from a third-world country.
In such a situation, the seller has to give the work for free with a negative review. The most interesting thing is that if a work gets cancelled on fiverr and you dont receive any money for it but you will receive a negative review for it.

gianninal
10/6/17

To make a website cheaper cost me a lot more. You can't contact the people who does your website or logo,etc directly. They are overseas and communication via the app makes it difficult. I paid for a website developer and a logo. My website got hacked and I can't get ahold of the developer to give me access to my hosting he used. My website is down and I can't get access. I contacted customer support on Fiverr and a girl Vanessa can't even help or doesn't understand that we need to get in contact with the developer. It has been emails back and forth and my website is down and can not be resolved. I paid for something to save money and now that money went to trash cuz I have no website. DO NOT USE THEM. Learn my lesson the bad way, I wishh I should of read the reviews on this app before I worked with them.

marissas19
10/5/17

I recently used Fiverr to have a logo produced. Paid for a package to receive two designs and submitted notes about the concept of my logo design. I received two designs - one which had absolutely nothing at all to do with my company and the other design was in complete contrast to my notes. I brought this to Fiverr's attention and they responded by closing the project meaning I lost my money and the designer got paid for producing complete sh!t. I will fight the charges with my credit card company but Fiverr just PERMANENTLY lost a customer and if you are reading this review ad considering Fiverr.....go somewhere else.

allyssam1
10/4/17

I found better services at essayswift.com than here. Sorry to say i felt overcharged and the quality was super bad. Atlast I found a better site.

hanss29
10/4/17

I does not matter if you are a buyer or a seller, Fiverr is the WORST place to be - stay away from it at all costs!

For sellers:
I was with Fiverr since the very beginning (where it was still cool) until my account was disabled for no reason a couple of weeks ago. Sellers beware, your account is at risk at any time, the support does not give a sh** about you and since this "company" sits somewhere in Isreal it's nearly impossible to take legal action (not that it would be worth the hassle anyway). To make things even better, all funds on your (for no reason) disabled account are frozen for 90 days and I highly doubt I will see any of that money ever again, even if the 90 days have passed. DO NOT SELL here. You can't make decent profits anyway, because Fiverr is swamped with sellers from 3rd world countries who can throw parties for their whole village once they earn five bucks (four that is after 20% fees). If you are in a western country, you do not want to compete against them, trust me. You're better off working minimum wage for Mc Donalds. They do at least not take 20% fees of your minimum wage, like Fiverr does.

For buyers:
We'll, there is really only one thing I have to say: You get what you pay for. If you like getting scamed by some third world individuals who will even insult you afterwards - this is the right place for you.

yasm158
10/3/17

It is unfortunate to see so many negative reviews on Fiverr while other freelance platforms which are worse have much better reviews. I'm writing from an honest and trained seller's point of view. Fiverr has ups and downs. It is true that at least 2/3 of the clients are looking for dirty cheap prices that no professional would offer to work for. And, there's probably a bunch of sellers who are doing sloppy work to cater to those clients. This is mostly to be blamed on those clients who think they can get hours worth of work for $5, just because its called Fiverr. Having said that, Ive had wonderful clients on this site and built relationships that lasted for years. What I like about Fiverr is that this platform still has that balance between the number of jobs offered and sellers, at least in my field. If I send an offer, I usually get contacted unlike in other sites where I see 30-50 bids on a few projects. One down side I experienced is that its algorithms are unforgiving. If I paused a gig or mutually cancelled an order (which often happens when sellers put orders for $5 expecting work of 10 times more value), my gigs will take a nose-dive until a past client starts an order with me or until I find a client to work with. They must fine tune these hidden score systems to work more intelligently. Overall, my experience has been positive so far.

mohamedi15
10/1/17

I got a reply from one of Fiverr gigs which fully of filth. I am copying exact wordings in Indianian he posted:

Seller: wajihafatima
What he replied:"Hahahahhaaha Tri ma dy phudy wich Lun salya"

hatefiverra
9/30/17

The management is biased. I had been a 5 star seller till I had an issue with a person of a certain race they prefer. They sided with the con man (buyer) because it was one of their own kind and for FIVERR buyers are more important. The more I complained they downgraded me after 5 years of selling on their platform.

Just a BAD SERVICE for honest sellers. They have become bullies and they want buyers because thats how they get money in their bank. Sellers are at their mercy. Now they even downgrade your response time etc with some STUPID algorithms their backend developers are touting. I hope their demise happens soon and some new platform that respects the sellers start up immediately.

marks547
9/28/17

My account was blocked when I tried complaining about an order cancelled 2 months after being marked as completed. They told me to refund the money. I was a great seller, giving customers great service (check the amounts in the photo). They found a non-existent reason to block my account and later blocked my access to Customer Support the same day. Fiverr is really a scam. Please don't use it.

Tip for consumers: Please don't use Fiverr. You'd likely regret it. Don't believe me? No problem.

joeb356
9/28/17

Dont do business on fiverr. The company is a scam and sellers deliver gigs of incompleted work. When you complain, fiverr cancels your account and keeps your money.

honestv1
9/28/17

The seller Chris 2050 tricked me into giving my original audio for him to do animation for it. Once I gave him, he didn't do the animation, he claimed he did it, but when I asked for proof, he doesn't want to provide. I close my Fiverr account since then

abhisheks30
9/26/17

Fiverr is for the buyers and scammers, not for the sellers. This is why sellers profiles include feedback system and the buyers profiles have no such option. It encourages the buyers to scam more. Before getting started with any buyer, you cannot understand what type of a person he or she is (as it is not reflected through the reviews posted by the buyers)
Why Fiverr is scam
i) Fiver is headquartered in Israel (12 HaOmanim St. Tel Aviv, Gush Dan 6789731, Israel) which has no state and obviously the state Attorney General to complaint about the cheating and scamming practices of the fiverr people. Taking this opportunity, a group of American scammers have founded it in Israel.

ii) Fiverr has no rating display system for the buyers. This is why they dont bother a bit about picking up an artificial quarrel with the buyers to get their work done for free. If you complaint to their customer support department, they will tell you to discuss with your buyer and settle the matter. At last they will cancel the job and allow the buyers to go away, taking their commission for the work.

iii) Take a close look at each job posted on fiverr, you will find that a vast majority of these jobs are fake posting to create an impression that it is a very popular freelancing platform.

iv) Dont do bulk work on fiverr. When you do bulk work on fiverr, a buyer (may be a fiverr people) will approach you with a tantalizing offer. When you get started with it, he/she will pick up a fresh quarrel and inform the matter to the fiverr team. Fiverr team will make your withdrawal option null or disable and at last Fiverr will cancel your profile when all payment get cleared.

v) In spite of doing all works perfectly (A-Z), buyer and fiverr team can cancel the work with no proper reason and explanation. In that case, you will not receive the money for the work but get a negative review on behalf of the buyer.

vi) Even after a longer period of time, any buyer (for whom you have worked) can express dissatisfaction about a work and the amount paid for the work will be deducted from your account. If you dont have any balance in your account, your account will show (-) minus balance.

Besides, there are so many disadvantages for the sellers. Fiverr is always against the sellers. Just do work on it and let me know- if anything proves wrong.

stephaniem208
9/26/17

Do not use this site. It's a complete scam. Stay away! The people there plagiarize work and do not use fair techniques. I filed a complaint with BBB to review.

janeb144
9/25/17

This website has a bunch of rats who are all about stealing, sneaky, and the quality or work especially writing is very poor. They do not know what they are doing and they only care about money. If you file a complaint? They blocked you from signing back on to your account. Customer support are horrible. They have automatic reply for all your questions so you don't really get anywhere with their support team because they have none. So please stay far away from this site.

theresiar
9/22/17

I can't believe all the negative info on this site. I have used a Fiverr editor, to edit all my Historical Romance Novellas, and a Cover Creator, to create all my book covers, which are listed on Kindle and Amazon, and their work has been superb! They are in my opinion very professional, and they absolutely know their craft. Don't believe me? See for yourself what they can do! Check it out on Amazon. My books are all listed on Amazon and Kindle. " A Light In The Attic," or "Under The Pecan Tree" by TB Riggs. P.S. Book Reviews are always welcome.

hiroshim
9/21/17

Fiverr is now full of low quality providers and the whole platform is about money, not about quality. You feel like everyone wants your wallet without giving anything back. Avoid.

deniza5
9/19/17

95 percent of sellers are scam. Everything is too good to be true. Just throw away your money from window, it's better than buying anything here.

4 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

I used Fiverr for my company logo. The guy lives in Vietnam and speak minimal English. I paid for an upgraded package with an unlimited amount of revisions, 3 original logos, stationary and Facebook as well as Twitter page covers. What does unlimited mean if a revision takes 24 hours and each revision is correcting spelling mistakes or telling him you don't want a green dog in your logo, I want a natural looking dog. His response is "you choose font and gives you a pale old lady stockings colour dog" instead of a white Dalmatian with black dots or a brown German Shepard. In the end I used an online translator to translate my requests from English to Vietnamese. He told me to sketch something and he'd make something. If I could sketch something then I would do my own logo. The one logo that I liked was the one I gave him all my ideas for. All he did was put it together in the right format. I was so frustrated with his other two attempts that I said ok give me the first logo with stationary and everything I've paid for. I got the most basic design, no stationary or headers. Did I go through customer service? OF COURSE! Throughout this whole ordeal. I described every little detail. Each time a different person would reply and say "I can understand your frustration and I will contact him". Only to have him return with the same dog in orange or turquoise and every time customer service would spit out the same line "I can understand your frustration and I will contact him. We see he is responding to you within 24 hours so for us that means you are trying to work things out. I want my money back! Sorry we can't give you your money back. The seller has received his money and its up to him to give you any money back if he so chooses. It was a dreadful experience. I ended up using an online logo maker and I loved it. PLUS it actually cost less. I'm now doing my own website. If you have the patience then try to do it yourself. Do NOT skimp on your website. The way the world is run today you want your website and all social media presence to correctly reflect your quality. If at the end I'm not happy with my website I will go to a professional and pay what it costs. Hope this helped and good luck

By Dina L. on 4/9/16
Helpful answer

All I can say id Fiverr is the BIGGEST SCAM going. Had to dispute the charges through my bank to get the money back

By Lori P. on 6/19/16
Helpful answer

If you want a site designed to steal credit card data from hard-working, civilized people, please use Fiverr. It is designed for one thing: to take your credit card data and leave you to deal with a mess. More details, reply or search for my previous posts.

By Terry H. on 11/25/15
Helpful answer

Don't trust anybody who can not properly complete an English sentence. That's my advice.

By rich i. on 4/27/15
Helpful answer

The answer is plain simple NO! You will get your followers, yes! but they are all bots, so you will lose 90% of the followers the same week, might as well throw this 5 bucks in the air.

By Kat L. on 12/29/15
Helpful answer

I've had 28 orders and all but two were very satisfactory. Most were PDFform building or business card templates, but I had s few design logos for me then used the one I liked. Buyers: it's cheap. Remember that. When the service is good I tip generously then use the same person. I get great service, often in one day. When I order, I add express service and have yet to be disappointed. It's a business model without customer service. Face it. If you want customer service, go to Nordstroms or Nieman Marcus. Do a better job selecting your service provider; be clear in the order, and overpay.

By Henly M. on 6/11/15
Helpful answer

Better to go someplace else. You may get nothing from them.

By Patricia C. on 6/14/16
Helpful answer

There is very little in the world that is unique. You have to trust or spend a lot more $$$ or do it yourself

By Robert D. on 8/19/15
Helpful answer

I would suggest having nothing whatsoever to do with Fiverr. When things go wrong - and that happens a LOT - there is no customer support line to call. They make it very difficult (in my own case, impossible) to resolve any problems. Read the evaluation reviews- they are extremely negative. My advice: find another site on which to offer your services. DG

By D G. on 7/23/15
Helpful answer

I know I have to wade through a lot of questionable sellers to get a good one. Happy hunting. There are good ones out there though.

By Lisa M. on 4/14/15
Questions? Get answers from the Fiverr staff and other customers.

23 Photos for Fiverr