Review of Crackle

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

clm6
5/22/17

Way to many commercials and interruptions. It makes Netflix really worth the money. It's sad since they do have some good movies and content just takes twice as much time to watch all the commercials and interruptions. Don't even get started on the commercials freezing up.....

kh650
5/6/17

Used to be good Shows episodes, then doesn't finish them in the series Way too choppy now. Stops every few seconds. Hasn't figured out that web browsers are moving away from flash. Has become unusable. If they don't want to maintain it, take it down. What good is a free site if you can't use it?

johnj373
4/18/17

why soooo many annoying commercials. definitely not worth it terrible...............................................................................................................

darrenw35
4/17/17

There are so many ads that are repeated back to back (more than on cable tv) that it actually has made watching anything on Crackle a hassle. Ads pay for content, but when they are stacked and repeated over and over again during a 45 minute episode, it's just jarring and ruins the show. Crackle offers limited yet decent content, but it's not worth the hassle. Many of the shows on Crackle are on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon anyway with no ads in exchange for a tiny sub fee. Avoid it like the plague

robertg263
4/14/17

The Crack(le) organizations must be full of Crack smokers, A consistently lame product. It sucks........................................................]

nunyab37
4/8/17

For some reason, it just likes to go back to the home screen on my Xbox while in the middle of a movie. $#*! this piece of $#*! app

brooklyns5
4/4/17

I am watching a tv show and every few mins the same 3 commercials come on, i have to mute it try to do something and come back just so I wont lose my mind with the SAME BACKGROUND songs over and over and over and over......... and over ... I wouldn't even mind commercials that much if it wasn't so repetitive...

dianeh86
4/3/17

Worth the cost. Oh, it cost nothing. That is what it is good for. At least 100 characters required - OK. It sucks, it sucks, it sucks...the streaming gets interrupted...the ads are w-a-y too intrusive.

donnaw113
4/1/17

Sometimes commercials are louder than the content, I fell asleep during one of the shows I watch and then an ad interrupted or whatever and I was shook.

milesk18
3/22/17

Wow - that was almost painful - Choppy ALL the way through my first movie. I didn't even mention the commercials since Free always costs something.

janc84
3/20/17

Crackle is okay. I don't mind commercials. I never had problems with it restarting because I don't have Roku, I have the blue ray DVD. It works good. I watch it instead of regular TV except for the news. You have to try something different at times.

nicolea55
3/16/17

Your commercials I understand must be there to keep this a free site, however you could mix them up better watch the same ones over and over. Also, if you are going to put on a tv show at minimum have the entire season, no one wants to watch just a single episode. I think I will go back to Netflix

claytonc24
3/6/17

Idk what else to say, it's complete garbage. You try and watch a movie, and BAM it goes back to your xbox main screen. It literally chooses what you can and cannot watch. This app blows. Stay away.

travisd23
2/24/17

I keep waiting for the commercials to end. And waiting. And waiting. I wanted to come back to a movie I had watched half of. It started me out with 15 ads then when I skip forward to the part I was watching, it showed me all the same ads AGAIN!

eld647
2/10/17

+ Different Movies and TV shows than Netflix

-Terrible UI absolutely the worst
-I'll watch an episode of a show instead of playing the next episode it will restart from the beginning of the series.

georges224
1/20/17

I feel for one of their 2week free. Trials and after a week I signed out and did not use again. Some how they charged me thru Roku and I made a dispute with card company.
I don't think you can find anyone there with authority to talk too! So beware of watching free.
been waiting 2weeks for someone too make it right??

richarda117
1/15/17

If I watch a show... As soon as a commercial happens, it will restart the show from the beginning. Constantly fast forwarding to where I was last. Stupid.... Delete Crackle.

coltonl2
1/12/17

Xbox One app works when it wants. Most of the time it will only play one episode of a show that if chooses on its own as soon as you open the app. If u try to change what it picks the app closes forcing me to reopen it. Watch the same commercial I have gone through and still watch whatever the app chooses for me. Horrible app design!

kend565
12/28/16

I tried Crackle, hoping to have an alternative to Netflix. Crackle has commercials, which I'm okay with as they need to make money if they aren't charging me. What I don't understand is why they would show 5 commercials every 5 minutes. It's like they don't want you to use their app. On top of that, the movie would not load anymore with under 20 minutes left. Not an app I want to use again. Too bad, as it really had great potential.

gregr52
12/19/16

I hadn't checked out Crackle for quite awhile and now I know why.Even though it's on all of my devices by default, this APP has got to be one of the crappiest around. Approx. every 7 minutes or so, repetitive commercials/ads. The absence of a variety of sponsors is indicative of the fact that most advertisers have wised up and can see it's not worth it to promote to the consumer base. I watched Mixed Nuts on Sunday Dec. 18th even though I have it on BluRay, can watch it on Torrents etc. Just thought while doing some Christmas baking, would leave the movie running on my smart tv. What a mistake this was and I started timing it to coincide with the batches of cookies going in and out of the oven. I'm aware that companies need revenue BUT really, this is even more ridiculous than network tv stations who at least will often run for 15 minutes, sometimes 20 before hitting viewers with a few ads. Bye Bye Crackle, not even worth checking out your offerings anymore. I can d/l the movie above in about 5 minutes on a site and get ZERO ads if so desired and all they do is throw a few pop-ups at the time I click on the title to see what it's about

davidm281
12/13/16

Each time I tried to use Crackle and decided to exit, it will NOT STOP!!!!

I have to pull the plug and wait a bit and then reboot to get back in Roku.
Absolute garbage!!!

It is deleted from my programming. Advise people to avoid the Crackle site.

tonig14
12/4/16

It sucks

paulf113
12/3/16

I used this app a year ago and just starting using it again and the same glitches and errors remain. If you try to resume a movie it will keeps skipping back
to a precious chapter and continue to glitch and keeping looping a segment while replaying the same Ads over and over. So basically this app is broken. Also, Analog stick doesn't work for menu navigation. Video description pop ups and covers everything on the screen . Junk app. What a shame.

jeremyb83
12/2/16

I used to like Crackle, but it's horrible now. Don't tell me to not complain about ads when the site craps out constantly and when you reload or rewind, they just keep showing you ads over and over. Just don't! No.

drd16
11/14/16

But it does. It was a great family experience because even the people who never agree do agree that Crackle is CRAP.

It does make you wonder if the advertisers read the reviews..... if they do and keep advertising on CRAPLE then they must really hate us.

I wish I could think of something witty that would make people avoid CRAPLE but I think it destroyed my brain.

151 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

53 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Crackle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
marks442
Mark S.
on 1/27/17
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the Crackle staff and other customers.

Crackle?