Review of Crackle

10202 W. Washington Blvd, SPP 1127b
Culver City, CA 90232, US

eileens39
9/21/17

I have only been wirelessly streaming for maybe a year now. I have never come across an app until today with such an unstable platform. I am truly shocked that Sony actually put this out and has to this day not remedied all of the flaws and defects in the code. This is not rocket science! This is a basic platform that all of the wraps are using successfully.
I have even further shocked by the level of talent signing up to do crackle original film work, despite it's horrible reputation
IN AWE ! Nothing really is ever for free !

olyat
9/18/17

#1 They replay the same commercials over and over and over again at very often random times. I mean same ones. Same ones. Same ones. Same ones. Same ones.
#2 It's the worst streaming ever, seriously streaming speed and quality in Europe 16 years ago was 1000000% better
I would never recommend watching crackle, Especially if you enjoy watching a few episodes of a show in a row. Your head will start spinning from the same commercials playing over and over again, and I did not enjoy constant loading breaks, and 'oops something went wrong', and constant 404 ERRORS. Pure trash of a company. Less than 1 star.

shermans17
9/9/17

i have for the most part stopped watching crackle, i was so sick of chevy commercials, i wouldnt buy one of these junks for a dollar. you have a good streaming on movies...i just cant stand any more bull$#*! chevy lies

equinsuo
7/31/17

Pretty good for the most part. Freezes up pretty bad every 7-10 shows but my biggest complaint is having to watch that God damn mother $#*!ing Chevy silverado commercial 5 times in $#*!ing row! I will officially never $#*!ing ever so help me $#*!ing God but a Chevy piece $#*!ing $#*! silver$#*!ingrado especially after seeing that commercial... idk maybe 2000 $#*! me to tears times!

maryf183
7/29/17

Trying to watch a tv show and the Cadillac commercial stalls and you can't finish watching any shows. WTF? It isn't worth it at all.

kima119
7/26/17

Oh yeah, they went out of business! The streaming constantly freezes, buffers, and then crashes. The app constantly crashes whether on Sony TV or fireTV. The video rewind/advance looks like it was developed 10 years ago. NOT READY FOR PRIME TIME!!! Though the show SNATCH is!

sabrinas40
7/9/17

I am sick of watching a movie and it buffers 10 times before going to a comercial that I do not care for anyways!!! That is why Netflix is #1. Get a better way for people to watch movies and pick you to be #1

bradb85
6/30/17

CANT WATCH $#*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $#*!IN JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHOEVER MADE IT SHOULD BE HELD UNDER WATER!!!!!!!!!!!

jakl1
6/25/17

I have been a subscriber for 5 years and still have yet to sit through an entire movie or program using my PC on any browser; the playback is terrible as the audio and video misalign and the video is staggered and choppy! I do not have an issue like this on android although it does stop to buffer every 2 minuets, I know its free and its heavily trafficked but it is about time to add or upgrade those servers.

patrickh104
6/10/17

I have the same experience for EVERY movie. The movie starts well enough (I have a fast internet connection) but then for no apparent reason, the movie stops playing and restarts from the beginning I can handle a few commercials, but having to fast forward from the beginning of the show about eight times per movie is ridiculous.

collinl10
5/28/17

I don't mind watching advertising for free content, but when the movie audio is off from the video, or the video simply just won't load because "there was an error loading this video", then it is useless. I have a very good connection and plenty of download speed to handle streaming and also have no issues with other streaming providers I use....ie: playstation vue, netflix, youtube, ect. I have also tried several times to use the service with the same results. Needs a lot of work. As I said before in the title, I have not been able to watch a whole movie yet.

clm6
5/22/17

Way to many commercials and interruptions. It makes Netflix really worth the money. It's sad since they do have some good movies and content just takes twice as much time to watch all the commercials and interruptions. Don't even get started on the commercials freezing up.....

kh650
5/6/17

Used to be good Shows episodes, then doesn't finish them in the series Way too choppy now. Stops every few seconds. Hasn't figured out that web browsers are moving away from flash. Has become unusable. If they don't want to maintain it, take it down. What good is a free site if you can't use it?

johnj373
4/18/17

why soooo many annoying commercials. definitely not worth it terrible...............................................................................................................

darrenw35
4/17/17

There are so many ads that are repeated back to back (more than on cable tv) that it actually has made watching anything on Crackle a hassle. Ads pay for content, but when they are stacked and repeated over and over again during a 45 minute episode, it's just jarring and ruins the show. Crackle offers limited yet decent content, but it's not worth the hassle. Many of the shows on Crackle are on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon anyway with no ads in exchange for a tiny sub fee. Avoid it like the plague

robertg263
4/14/17

The Crack(le) organizations must be full of Crack smokers, A consistently lame product. It sucks........................................................]

nunyab37
4/8/17

For some reason, it just likes to go back to the home screen on my Xbox while in the middle of a movie. $#*! this piece of $#*! app

brooklyns5
4/4/17

I am watching a tv show and every few mins the same 3 commercials come on, i have to mute it try to do something and come back just so I wont lose my mind with the SAME BACKGROUND songs over and over and over and over......... and over ... I wouldn't even mind commercials that much if it wasn't so repetitive...

dianeh86
4/3/17

Worth the cost. Oh, it cost nothing. That is what it is good for. At least 100 characters required - OK. It sucks, it sucks, it sucks...the streaming gets interrupted...the ads are w-a-y too intrusive.

donnaw113
4/1/17

Sometimes commercials are louder than the content, I fell asleep during one of the shows I watch and then an ad interrupted or whatever and I was shook.

milesk18
3/22/17

Wow - that was almost painful - Choppy ALL the way through my first movie. I didn't even mention the commercials since Free always costs something.

janc84
3/20/17

Crackle is okay. I don't mind commercials. I never had problems with it restarting because I don't have Roku, I have the blue ray DVD. It works good. I watch it instead of regular TV except for the news. You have to try something different at times.

nicolea55
3/16/17

Your commercials I understand must be there to keep this a free site, however you could mix them up better watch the same ones over and over. Also, if you are going to put on a tv show at minimum have the entire season, no one wants to watch just a single episode. I think I will go back to Netflix

claytonc24
3/6/17

Idk what else to say, it's complete garbage. You try and watch a movie, and BAM it goes back to your xbox main screen. It literally chooses what you can and cannot watch. This app blows. Stay away.

travisd23
2/24/17

I keep waiting for the commercials to end. And waiting. And waiting. I wanted to come back to a movie I had watched half of. It started me out with 15 ads then when I skip forward to the part I was watching, it showed me all the same ads AGAIN!

151 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

No, except the time you spend watching commercials, you decide :-)

By John W. on 10/28/15
Helpful answer

Sorry Love, I don't have any answer for you. I have given up on Crackle and have deleted them from my Smart TV apps. And they have not responded or fixed their site. One would wonder what they do all day to earn their pay?? The POPCORN site is even worse - the Movies don't even play at all!!!! Rosalind

By Rosalind S. on 7/16/15
Helpful answer

I gave up on crackle. The only program it would let me watch is their own production with jerry steinfeld. All movies and other programs crash, not worth the trouble.

By john m. on 6/22/15
Helpful answer

Everytime I want to watch a movie the movie will not play. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Gary

By Gary S. on 5/8/13
Helpful answer

Hi Tracy: From Rosalind. There is no answer. It appears that every TV set operates differently with CRACKLE and some people have no problem with viewing the Movies. AND IT SEEMS THAT CRACKLE HEADQUARTERS REALLY DON'T CARE - AS THEY MUST READ THESE COMPLAINTS. I have removed CRACKLE from my TV line-up. Sorry - we are at the Mercy of Technology and Corporate Minds - I DON'T CARE - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE HAS A PROBLEM VIEWING OUR MOVIES.

By Rosalind S. on 8/3/15
Helpful answer

What internet are you useing

By Lawrence c. on 11/14/15
Helpful answer

You turn it off, and you don't turn it on again. Don't listen to any of the positive reviews for this crap wagon of advertising nonsense. This site is the worst! It is not about providing content you can watch, it is about providing an advertisement so they can get paid. Hopefully you will sit through enough of them before you figure it out.

By Fred f. on 5/7/15

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the Crackle staff and other customers.

Crackle?