US Government’s NSF

eld647
2/10/17

+ Different Movies and TV shows than Netflix

-Terrible UI absolutely the worst
-I'll watch an episode of a show instead of playing the next episode it will restart from the beginning of the series.

georges224
1/20/17

I feel for one of their 2week free. Trials and after a week I signed out and did not use again. Some how they charged me thru Roku and I made a dispute with card company.
I don't think you can find anyone there with authority to talk too! So beware of watching free.
been waiting 2weeks for someone too make it right??

richarda117
1/15/17

If I watch a show... As soon as a commercial happens, it will restart the show from the beginning. Constantly fast forwarding to where I was last. Stupid.... Delete Crackle.

coltonl2
1/12/17

Xbox One app works when it wants. Most of the time it will only play one episode of a show that if chooses on its own as soon as you open the app. If u try to change what it picks the app closes forcing me to reopen it. Watch the same commercial I have gone through and still watch whatever the app chooses for me. Horrible app design!

kend565
12/28/16

I tried Crackle, hoping to have an alternative to Netflix. Crackle has commercials, which I'm okay with as they need to make money if they aren't charging me. What I don't understand is why they would show 5 commercials every 5 minutes. It's like they don't want you to use their app. On top of that, the movie would not load anymore with under 20 minutes left. Not an app I want to use again. Too bad, as it really had great potential.

gregr52
12/19/16

I hadn't checked out Crackle for quite awhile and now I know why.Even though it's on all of my devices by default, this APP has got to be one of the crappiest around. Approx. every 7 minutes or so, repetitive commercials/ads. The absence of a variety of sponsors is indicative of the fact that most advertisers have wised up and can see it's not worth it to promote to the consumer base. I watched Mixed Nuts on Sunday Dec. 18th even though I have it on BluRay, can watch it on Torrents etc. Just thought while doing some Christmas baking, would leave the movie running on my smart tv. What a mistake this was and I started timing it to coincide with the batches of cookies going in and out of the oven. I'm aware that companies need revenue BUT really, this is even more ridiculous than network tv stations who at least will often run for 15 minutes, sometimes 20 before hitting viewers with a few ads. Bye Bye Crackle, not even worth checking out your offerings anymore. I can d/l the movie above in about 5 minutes on a site and get ZERO ads if so desired and all they do is throw a few pop-ups at the time I click on the title to see what it's about

davidm281
12/13/16

Each time I tried to use Crackle and decided to exit, it will NOT STOP!!!!

I have to pull the plug and wait a bit and then reboot to get back in Roku.
Absolute garbage!!!

It is deleted from my programming. Advise people to avoid the Crackle site.

tonig14
12/4/16

It sucks

paulf113
12/3/16

I used this app a year ago and just starting using it again and the same glitches and errors remain. If you try to resume a movie it will keeps skipping back
to a precious chapter and continue to glitch and keeping looping a segment while replaying the same Ads over and over. So basically this app is broken. Also, Analog stick doesn't work for menu navigation. Video description pop ups and covers everything on the screen . Junk app. What a shame.

jeremyb83
12/2/16

I used to like Crackle, but it's horrible now. Don't tell me to not complain about ads when the site craps out constantly and when you reload or rewind, they just keep showing you ads over and over. Just don't! No.

drd16
11/14/16

But it does. It was a great family experience because even the people who never agree do agree that Crackle is CRAP.

It does make you wonder if the advertisers read the reviews..... if they do and keep advertising on CRAPLE then they must really hate us.

I wish I could think of something witty that would make people avoid CRAPLE but I think it destroyed my brain.

melonys3
11/14/16

The video can't play continuesly without an error pop up and then I try to go back and play it again and just 5 more ads play and the video can only play for less then 1 minutes without the error happens again.
Over it. It sucks

annc77
11/2/16

I wouldn't mind the commercials so much if they didn't play THE SAME ONE SEVERAL TIMES IN A ROW!!! Then, the next commercial break, the same commercial AGAIN! Oh, look, a different one! Then, the one I've already seen 15 times...AGAIN AND AGAIN AND AGAIN!!! I would much rather pay to watch a movie than to have to endure the torture of repetitive commercials! Goodbye Crackle...I'm deleating you from my streaming channels...

demetrip1
10/25/16

Please PLEASE PLEASE LEAVE the movie HOW HIGH on the sote that is my favorite movie and a classic that wpuld he great if you guys reviewed this amd took it into consideration!! :)

shirleyc63
10/17/16

love the shows on it

shaquillec
10/5/16

garbage, too many annoying repetitive ads

brandonn11
10/2/16

Stop complaining about the ads. It's free. Which means you pay them nothing. Which mean they don't make money from you. They make money from ADVERTISERS who pay Crackle to show those ads. Ads are the price you pay for this free service. Use your brain. It's called business.

My issue with Crackle is their TERRIBLE Xbox One app. Not only do I occasionally have mid-movie crashes, rewinding and fast-forwarding also cause the app to crash. This app is useless and only makes me want to pursue these films by other means. Fix it. Other than that, Crackle has limited selection, but usually watchable films. Fix the app issues on Xbox One and they could make a lot more in ad revenue.

jamesh355
10/1/16

The same two commercials, over and over and over again and again and again. What kind of business model is that?

t-s2
9/21/16

Shows what happens when money is allowed to be dumped into a movie with no plan of action.

terrij19
9/15/16

why so many commercials over and over and over? Adam Brody should move Startup to a premiums channel since it is too high quality for a low class streamer like Crackle. Even a regular network would be better since the show is that great.

jayj72
9/15/16

Every few minutes ads run for 5 minutes. Ads not even interesting, its a torture. I started hating all the products they trying to sell.

cheyennet2
9/10/16

I am trying to relax and watch a movie, i just had surgery on my wisdom teeth and i want to enjoy a movie. Well the ADS are REPETITIVE and sometimes they will repeat the ads over and over and over and over and not play the DAMN MOVIES! I have had to sign out MANY times and restart a movie because the ADS won't stop playing. I have the stupid ADS stuck in my head. I have been trying to watch this one movie but the ADS played for 20 DAMN MINUTES!!!! OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!!!! So guess what, i had to sign right back out and start over again! I enjoy when i can watch a movie, but when the ads take over and won't let the movie play, that's when i rethink the stars i should give "CRACKLE"

paulc231
9/10/16

It;s the WORST!!!!! Someone poke my eyes out!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! SOOOOOOO many repetitive commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!

montyb9
8/23/16

It's like renting, no wait, WORSE than renting a 480p DVD.
Commercials? Really?
Screw it, not worth it at all.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother.

danm149
8/9/16

Repeating commercials on an eternal loop. Need to restart after every commercial break. Great shows and movies.

151 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

52 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Crackle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question