US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

t-s2
9/21/16

Shows what happens when money is allowed to be dumped into a movie with no plan of action.

terrij19
9/15/16

why so many commercials over and over and over? Adam Brody should move Startup to a premiums channel since it is too high quality for a low class streamer like Crackle. Even a regular network would be better since the show is that great.

jayj72
9/15/16

Every few minutes ads run for 5 minutes. Ads not even interesting, its a torture. I started hating all the products they trying to sell.

cheyennet2
9/10/16

I am trying to relax and watch a movie, i just had surgery on my wisdom teeth and i want to enjoy a movie. Well the ADS are REPETITIVE and sometimes they will repeat the ads over and over and over and over and not play the DAMN MOVIES! I have had to sign out MANY times and restart a movie because the ADS won't stop playing. I have the stupid ADS stuck in my head. I have been trying to watch this one movie but the ADS played for 20 DAMN MINUTES!!!! OVER AND OVER AND OVER!!!!!! So guess what, i had to sign right back out and start over again! I enjoy when i can watch a movie, but when the ads take over and won't let the movie play, that's when i rethink the stars i should give "CRACKLE"

paulc231
9/10/16

It;s the WORST!!!!! Someone poke my eyes out!!!!! PLEASE!!!!! SOOOOOOO many repetitive commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!!

montyb9
8/23/16

It's like renting, no wait, WORSE than renting a 480p DVD.
Commercials? Really?
Screw it, not worth it at all.

Tip for consumers: Don't bother.

danm149
8/9/16

Repeating commercials on an eternal loop. Need to restart after every commercial break. Great shows and movies.

katherinec27
7/30/16

Crackle is the worst...don't waste your time downloading, it was 1st introduced to my family via Vizio TV has never worked, then I gave it another try and downloaded on my Android Tablet,it's compatable, and it still does not play the move through all the way....HORRIBLE HORRIBLE App for movies!!!!!!

miraw
7/15/16

As I wrote above, don't waste your time downloading or even trying to make an account. With tons of commercials every 10 mins that last up to 2 mins. It's not worth it!! I played it on my Xbox one and it kept buffering and skipping so much!! It kept cutting off parts of a movie. It was horrible. Thank goodness I didn't pay to have this $#*!.

smokeym
7/15/16

$#*! last night me and my girl watched that movie Armored and it started right away witch was sweet then The Mask of Zoro came on another great movie then ISpy I haven't seen that $#*! in years then Once apon a time in Mexico Just Great Movies back to back and it's easy as hell to navigate I use Xbox one those $#*!s are just retarted get Crackle $#*!s FREE and theirs some good $#*! on there have fun

jackier48
7/14/16

Banner ad on my Roku for the movie Jarhead get Crackle. I added the channel and guess what? Searched and no Jarhead movie. Stuff is free but most are outdated and while you're watching it it suddenly starts over from the beginning after commercials. Yup.

mylesc26
7/12/16

It has a decent selection for a free site!

danad38
7/6/16

crackle sucks...consistent with buffering. I can take the commercials but to stop playing in the middle of movie or the end, is just frustrating. I don't like to even deal with it. Good movie selection, but horrible quality. I'll stick to amazon, Netflix and hulu. I'm more patient with it, when I have a glass of wine, otherwise I don't even use it

bubbsp1
7/1/16

Ive been using Crackle for years. Yes it has a lot of commercials, so does TV. I got rid of cable and don't want to pay for Netflix. On Windows 10 it works great. You want no ads and free, go to Putlocker or Coke and Popcorn and get virus' and terrible popups that freeze your stuff. I wish they had more content but its good for free. The Dead Rising Movies are pretty good for original content. Maybe the console experience is different. I say if you can make something better for free please do and share it. If not, then stop complaining.

miked192
6/29/16

The biggest complaint I c about crackle is all the comercials. As soon as the screen goes blank just before commercials start, hit the back button and choose Resume. It skips over the adds and picks up the movie or show. Works every time.

nop33
6/27/16

Hey, Crackle, thanks for the Seinfeld car show. Oh wait, I can't even get to it on my Xbox One app because you choose to automatically play whatever crap is hot in your opinion. I press every button on the controller and nothing happens?? I'm stuck with your suggested garbage, brought in mid-scene?? Nope. Gone. Sorry, Jerry, looks like you're drinking your coffee alone from now on. "Crackle: you get what you pay for"

frostyr
6/22/16

ad after ad after ad after ad... and thats before the show even starts! and its the same ad, over and over and over. what in the world are these people thinking? Oh and don't even get me started on what happens if your movie hangs in the middle. Yep- you have to start all over again. (with all the same ads of course)

chriss415
6/19/16

To me I would give it a 5 I haven't had no problems with the content on my PlayStation 4 with crackle only problem I have too many commercials seems like every 2 to 5 minutes I mean I don't mind a commercial but not that many

tima45
6/17/16

I use Crackle on my Xbox One and they recently changed the UI. It now automatically starts a show or movie when you opening the app ALREADY IN PROGRESS!

Why on earth would I want to watch something that's already started? This is a horrible design flaw that is beyond my comprehension.

billk70
6/9/16

ads, ads, ads
astoundingly slow to load
unnavigable "app"
more ads and yet more ads
garbage content
almost impossible to get to the content listing-- it just plays what it wants to play and $#*! you

lisas294
6/4/16

Too many commercials

bena52
5/30/16

I was a crackle fan when i first started viewing but lately the web site has gone to more comercials. You have to decide is it worth watching? I would say if you want to watch a web site that is very close to your local TV stations.
About 7 to 10 weeks ago i still thought how can they show all of these quality TV shows and Movies that Netflix or Amazon Prime does not have and make money? They are not by any means rock bottom shows or movies but i soon found out how they could afford to have the quality list of TV shows and Movies. About 8 weeks ago i did not mind the extremely short interuptions(very tolerable). The adds that came on were spred out. It was always the same comercial during the whole show and then were on for only my guess would be 15 to 30 seconds then back to your show or movie.
But now they are as freqently as on the tv maybe not quite as long but very close. I am very frustated with this new mostly local advertising
Concept that Crackle is now showing. Free yes worth watching depends how bad you want to see the TV show or Movie. A suggestion to Crackle offer the people a free version with advertizing and an upgrade without or very little advertising. Something that will work for both Crackle and there viewers??? How about it Crackle? You definetly have someone very talented that picks or buys the programing that you have.
B.Anderson
St Augustine, Fl

ericap12
5/29/16

Within 10 minutes of watching a movie, the ads come up and then the LG G5 ad just repeats, and repeats and repeats. So i have to shut it off. and you can resume. What the hell's the point?

stepheng63
5/27/16

Was watching a 1:48 movie tonight which stopped and returned to the beginning when there was about 20 minutes left. You can't fast forward and I'm not going to watch an hour over again. Most movies just freeze in the middle. What a waste!

kaseyc7
5/25/16

It's plays the same adds every five minutes. Makes you Want to shut it off. I am stubbornly watching a movie and it may be the last time I use crackle

151 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

45 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Crackle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question