Review of TiVo

margaret@tivo.com

raneea
Ranee A.
7/24/18

I tried tivo because my parents encouraged it. Tried a trial period. This was around 2014. Signed up for an account and all. I tried to cancel it during the trial period but found the attendant did not. I ended up paying for a year of service for a tivo I only had access to for two months. Waist of money. Sales people will quarrel with you to keep it active.

I also thought when the contract finished I was done. No they never even terminated the service. I found through other reviews people were getting collection letters because tivo never truly terminated their service.

One thing that drove me crazy about the device is that it would start to auto program recording sessions based on what you watched. Before you realized it your tivo would be full and there was no room for the recordings you wanted. There's also no way to take your tivo data and turn it into a compatible digital version with your computer.

No do not use tivo.

deeg45
2/1/18

We recently dropped our cable company in favor of Hulu's Beta program. It isn't on all devices yet so make sure that you can get it one of yours before you drop. We cut our bill in half though so it is worth it too us.

It has lots of channels and a DVR recording option, which we use. You get 200 hours of recording on it and each person can choose to record something off their own profile. We love it and it is so much less expensive.

Questions? Get answers from the TiVo staff and other customers.

TiVo?