Review of Crackle

Tel: +1-310-244-1742
xbox@crackle.com

deathm1
5/19/19

My title says it all. I just started watching it in every 5 seconds I'm getting forced to watch a commercial while I'm just making my way around the menus. That is beyond annoying and unacceptable. I can't even read the movie descriptions because I get a commercial jammed up by but every 10 seconds and then when you go back to the menu it replays the same preview over and over again till I had to mute the television I finally got so frustrated I just left

miguelm115
3/29/19

Slow and it doesn't open most of the time. Moving around for move it take for ever. Bad company. You can never watching or finish one movie

ernestd25
3/20/19

IF you are into watching a lot of commercials and a little bit of movies or tv shows while doing it you are in the right place. Come on Sony I think you have finally cracked, these are mostly all old movies and tv shows there are much better options like Vudu which has commercials but not to this degree.

brucem236
3/18/19

why does Sony crackle have to place that incandescent emblem in the lower right-hand corner of the screen obscuring part of your movie? To let me know that I'm actually watching Sony crackle? did I not tune into this particular station? Did I not actually click on a movie under a Sony crackle title? Then why the hell did they see the need to put it there??? They sure don't put it there on those hundreds of commercials they run!

georged106
3/13/19

Worked great with little commercial interruption untill it displays message that if you want less commercial advertising to sign in.. so after creating an account and signing in I have more commercials than ever. Attempted to watch a movie and every 5 mins commercial interruption. Preformed a test. Same movie with sign in lasted 31 mins longer than same movie in different TV without sign in.. WTF

seanb187
3/6/19

I can not Express my distance for commercials while watching movies. The "well timed" cuts that are made are intrusive, always unwanted, and for me I lose interest when every 5 minutes the movie is interrupted by some dumb ad selling some dumb crap I dont need or want. This is why once I found streaming, I got rid of my cable TV provider and now save a crap load of money and dont have to watch stupid ads. Win, right!? I thought until Sony Crackle happened to have a movie I wanted to see, and my 4g roku tv happened to have Sony Crackle the stars must be aligned! Then, just as I was getting into the movie Some idiot that has no business editing or cutting for that matter cut for commercial right in the middle of a good scene. I figured ok one ad isnt bad, then there was another, and another, just like trying to watch a movie on local television. It got so bad that all interst has been lost in my movie I wanted to watch, and decided to tell y'all dont bother nothing but ads, and frustration can be found on Sony's Cracked streaming ap. The details say the ap is free, yeah free if you don't value your time. If Sony Crackle were a piece of paper I would wad it up set that on fire and burn the idea. Good job ruining streaming Sony you losers.

wayneb215
2/27/19

When it was just Crackle I didn't have many problems with it. Now, everytime I
want to watch something I get a playback issue code 3104 and the movie will not start.
Not much good to me now. I tried to find out what this code is and how to fix it but no
luck.

barbarab644
2/23/19

I have watched Pluto , tubi and now Sony crackle and I have to say the commercial breaks are a issue with all of them. However sony crackle is probably the worse thus far I have seen. There commercials breaks are like stopping about every six to ten seconds. So 1 :50sec commercial turns into a longer break etc. You can't seem to get through a whole scene before the next commercial comes up. So at the end of the movie your frustrated and not because it was a bad movie. Its mainly because of the commercial issues. So Sony C u need to step up ur game from that stand point. Just speaking my opinion from my point of view. Whats an issue for me. There were movies also watched where the picture quality when in and out. The picture would be clear for a bit and then it would become distorted. This would happen through out the movie most times. Sony has a really good selection of movies, but its not enjoyable when these problems take away from enjoying them.

rondaw15
1/31/19

Free movies but quite frequent with ads. Movies are limited. The ads take away from the experience of the shows. Plus it will automatically stop

nikkil69
1/15/19

I was excited to find one of my favorite series "Rescue Me" on Crackle. I was only about 20 minutes in and Crackle had already taken 3-4 commercial breaks! I worked in advertising for 10+ years & know that there are an average Mount of commercials brand our however the way crackle is doing it is they're running less ads but breaking form or commercial breaks which is extremely in true to the show. For this reason I will not watch crackle again this is extremely disappointing because I remember the first time I tuned in to crackle which is a couple years ago and it was not like this. This is very disappointing because the whole point of going to internet programming was to get away from Network television and the ads! Not surprised though because the big networks will find it their money somehow as they are just a bunch of money pigs.

noeh8
1/14/19

I will never watch a show on Sony Crackle. Tried to watch one show and spent more time watching the same three adds over and over again. The show will play for 5 mins then you have 4 to 5 mins of ads. Then you get to watch 5 mins of show then the same ads for 4 to 5 mins of the same ads again.

lorent26
12/14/18

I have no idea if the quality of programing because I can't sign in. EVERYTIME I try to register it says that my birthdate is invalid. I made SURE several times of the date formate (mm/dd/year)
So until they can fux this stupid ass crap they're COMPLEATLY USLESS!!!

herbertr23
11/27/18

The amount of ads is very frustrating. I get that it's free but still they could be less frequent, one every twenty minutes or so...

shawnf69
11/3/18

The shows are cencered and whether you have good internet service or not it constantly pauses through out the shows, makes it very annoying, I don't like commercials but I understand that's how they make their money to make this free, don't mind the commercial just hate all the pausing throughout the shows

andrese8
11/1/18

Crackle actually has a few good shows. However, I'm forced to watch the same 2-3 commercials over and over. It's hard to understand why they don't offer a premium service like Hulu. They've $#*! the bed on this one...

michaelj538
10/27/18

Programs won't load and when they fail it starts another show which is very annoying. Video quality is ok on a smart TV when you can see the 30 seconds of the show it decides to load. Commercials always come in crystal clear!

bk118
10/15/18

All ads no programming. Made me want to buy the program elsewhere. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michaelm1726
10/1/18

The same commercial after 1 minute of watching anything. Or what your viewing wont load because a commercial is trying to load.

thomasf230
9/21/18

I just wanted to watch an older cartoon on a legit platform, so I start it up, and sometimes it plays just fine, with several commercials, more than you'd see on cable. But at times (those being often) the resolution would drop so bad that there were pixels as big as my thumb, and it all looked like it was hit with a japanese censor mosaic. On a refresh, it would sometimes return to viewable resolution, after having to watch another ad, and then rapidly degrade again. They're either incompetent, or trying to force you to pay.

stonek2
9/9/18

It shows that crackle is still free! I still can't get it to consistently stream! I used to watch it before Sony had it. I really though with the Sony name it would be improved! Either fix it or kill it.......... Too much comp for it not to work consistently...........:)

danab157
8/16/18

I'm real disappointed with this exp being a Sony name you think it would rock. Wanted to watch Joe Dirt 2 and watched about 40 commercials and really loud commercials. Then it took me 2 days to watch cause it wouldn't play the damn movie. My 2 year old could do a better job. YOUR PRODUCT SUCKS....

chrisf294
8/11/18

Won't stream either via Apple TV or macbook. No messages provided regarding why. Very poor service overall.

billk205
8/9/18

Content was old and second rate, immediately unsubscribed, but they keep spamming me. Commercials VERY load and intrusive. I expected better from Sony.
DONT SIGN UP! THEY WILL SPAM YOU FOREVER!

Tip for consumers: DONT SIGN UP! THEY WILL SPAM YOU FOREVER!

martham173
8/9/18

I have a Smart TV. I called to see how to get the access code. They refused to tell me. I suspected something was wrong. I tried to call Crackle 3 times and yet to get to talk to somebody. Thanks for the reviews from everybody!

roseannen1
8/8/18

The commercials are really super loud. If it weren't for that I have no complaints. It is that annoying to warrant 1 star.

151 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No, except the time you spend watching commercials, you decide :-)

By John W.

Sorry Love, I don't have any answer for you. I have given up on Crackle and have deleted them from my Smart TV apps. And they have not responded or fixed their site. One would wonder what they do all day to earn their pay?? The POPCORN site is even worse - the Movies don't even play at all!!!! Rosalind

By Rosalind S.

I gave up on crackle. The only program it would let me watch is their own production with jerry steinfeld. All movies and other programs crash, not worth the trouble.

By john m.

Everytime I want to watch a movie the movie will not play. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Gary

By Gary S.

Hi Tracy: From Rosalind. There is no answer. It appears that every TV set operates differently with CRACKLE and some people have no problem with viewing the Movies. AND IT SEEMS THAT CRACKLE HEADQUARTERS REALLY DON'T CARE - AS THEY MUST READ THESE COMPLAINTS. I have removed CRACKLE from my TV line-up. Sorry - we are at the Mercy of Technology and Corporate Minds - I DON'T CARE - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE HAS A PROBLEM VIEWING OUR MOVIES.

By Rosalind S.

What internet are you useing

By Lawrence c.

You turn it off, and you don't turn it on again. Don't listen to any of the positive reviews for this crap wagon of advertising nonsense. This site is the worst! It is not about providing content you can watch, it is about providing an advertisement so they can get paid. Hopefully you will sit through enough of them before you figure it out.

By Fred f.

Questions? Get answers from the Crackle staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Crackle