Review of Crackle

Tel: +1-310-244-1742
xbox@crackle.com

rondaw15
1/31/19

Free movies but quite frequent with ads. Movies are limited. The ads take away from the experience of the shows. Plus it will automatically stop

nikkil69
1/15/19

I was excited to find one of my favorite series "Rescue Me" on Crackle. I was only about 20 minutes in and Crackle had already taken 3-4 commercial breaks! I worked in advertising for 10+ years & know that there are an average Mount of commercials brand our however the way crackle is doing it is they're running less ads but breaking form or commercial breaks which is extremely in true to the show. For this reason I will not watch crackle again this is extremely disappointing because I remember the first time I tuned in to crackle which is a couple years ago and it was not like this. This is very disappointing because the whole point of going to internet programming was to get away from Network television and the ads! Not surprised though because the big networks will find it their money somehow as they are just a bunch of money pigs.

noeh8
1/14/19

I will never watch a show on Sony Crackle. Tried to watch one show and spent more time watching the same three adds over and over again. The show will play for 5 mins then you have 4 to 5 mins of ads. Then you get to watch 5 mins of show then the same ads for 4 to 5 mins of the same ads again.

lorent26
12/14/18

I have no idea if the quality of programing because I can't sign in. EVERYTIME I try to register it says that my birthdate is invalid. I made SURE several times of the date formate (mm/dd/year)
So until they can fux this stupid ass crap they're COMPLEATLY USLESS!!!

herbertr23
11/27/18

The amount of ads is very frustrating. I get that it's free but still they could be less frequent, one every twenty minutes or so...

shawnf69
11/3/18

The shows are cencered and whether you have good internet service or not it constantly pauses through out the shows, makes it very annoying, I don't like commercials but I understand that's how they make their money to make this free, don't mind the commercial just hate all the pausing throughout the shows

andrese8
11/1/18

Crackle actually has a few good shows. However, I'm forced to watch the same 2-3 commercials over and over. It's hard to understand why they don't offer a premium service like Hulu. They've $#*! the bed on this one...

michaelj538
10/27/18

Programs won't load and when they fail it starts another show which is very annoying. Video quality is ok on a smart TV when you can see the 30 seconds of the show it decides to load. Commercials always come in crystal clear!

bk118
10/15/18

All ads no programming. Made me want to buy the program elsewhere. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

michaelm1726
10/1/18

The same commercial after 1 minute of watching anything. Or what your viewing wont load because a commercial is trying to load.

thomasf230
9/21/18

I just wanted to watch an older cartoon on a legit platform, so I start it up, and sometimes it plays just fine, with several commercials, more than you'd see on cable. But at times (those being often) the resolution would drop so bad that there were pixels as big as my thumb, and it all looked like it was hit with a japanese censor mosaic. On a refresh, it would sometimes return to viewable resolution, after having to watch another ad, and then rapidly degrade again. They're either incompetent, or trying to force you to pay.

stonek2
9/9/18

It shows that crackle is still free! I still can't get it to consistently stream! I used to watch it before Sony had it. I really though with the Sony name it would be improved! Either fix it or kill it.......... Too much comp for it not to work consistently...........:)

danab157
8/16/18

I'm real disappointed with this exp being a Sony name you think it would rock. Wanted to watch Joe Dirt 2 and watched about 40 commercials and really loud commercials. Then it took me 2 days to watch cause it wouldn't play the damn movie. My 2 year old could do a better job. YOUR PRODUCT SUCKS....

chrisf294
8/11/18

Won't stream either via Apple TV or macbook. No messages provided regarding why. Very poor service overall.

billk205
8/9/18

Content was old and second rate, immediately unsubscribed, but they keep spamming me. Commercials VERY load and intrusive. I expected better from Sony.
DONT SIGN UP! THEY WILL SPAM YOU FOREVER!

Tip for consumers: DONT SIGN UP! THEY WILL SPAM YOU FOREVER!

martham173
8/9/18

I have a Smart TV. I called to see how to get the access code. They refused to tell me. I suspected something was wrong. I tried to call Crackle 3 times and yet to get to talk to somebody. Thanks for the reviews from everybody!

roseannen1
8/8/18

The commercials are really super loud. If it weren't for that I have no complaints. It is that annoying to warrant 1 star.

michaelb1371
8/6/18

I am getting sound but no picture. I have tried several times to get help but to no avail. I guess I will never be able to watch anything. I have been trying to watch Walker Texas Ranger with no luck. Anyone else having this problem. Thanks for nothing crackle.

rayn52
8/4/18

Over 2 mintes of the SAME moronic comericals every 6 minutes of programming. Makes watching anything painful. Would be less painful if they played different commercials, and even better if there were less commercial breaks. Going to celebrate deleting this POS app.

larryj128
7/2/18

Does Sony have to stick 5 -6 commercials (and long ones at that) in every 5 minutes! It turns a hour and a half movie into 3 hours! If you want to get to bed early, don't bother watching Crackle at night! They need to shorten them and spread them out more (like every 15-20 minutes of the movie) At least the Roku Channel does this! Oh well, I can still watch Netflix and Hulu!( not saying Crackle doesn't have some good flicks, just do a better job with the ads!

murrayk13
7/2/18

We've been trying to "activate" for 4 weeks. Their site will never connect with ANY of our devices. Our internet is no speed-breaker but we can connect and stream with the other sites on our ROKU. Crackle is just a tease. We won't try them again.

matthewm355
7/1/18

Now much like Megan R., I can sit through four minutes of commercials every 15 minutes, but they still better go back to the movie. Because if a person is trying to stream a movie, but the commercials just leave the person in a paused state, the streaming service will not gain anymore visitation from said person.

zachariahj2
6/23/18

Worst, worst, worst streaming app ever. Do not subscribe. Watch 8 mins of the same 3 commercials every 7 mins of my 90 min movie. Crackle is f&$@ing garbage.

meganr105
6/15/18

I wouldn't loathe 4 minutes of commercials every 15 minutes (WTF) if the volume on said commercials wasn't twice as loud as the show or movie itself, not to mention once they start, you can't exit. So 9 ads later, I can finally exit back to the menu. Not to mention, the ad timing needs to flow with the show.
SONY: The more people that view your content the more you can charge for commercials, the more you charge for commercials the less commercials are needed to make money. So please for the love of God, take that step, spend money to make money Sony. Commercials need to be cut in half, to reflect cable tv commercial lengths, anything longer and they are going to lose viewers= less money for ad space. Just a strong suggestion.
Look at all these people who say flat out, it isn't worth it. Listen to your customers. 12+minutes of ads in a 27 minute show, is rediculous.

angelas296
5/12/18

Halfway through the movie it stopped at a an ad for Microsoft that Made me watch it multiple times and unable to return up my movie which i had to completely restart watching every ad all over again.

151 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

No, except the time you spend watching commercials, you decide :-)

By John W.

Sorry Love, I don't have any answer for you. I have given up on Crackle and have deleted them from my Smart TV apps. And they have not responded or fixed their site. One would wonder what they do all day to earn their pay?? The POPCORN site is even worse - the Movies don't even play at all!!!! Rosalind

By Rosalind S.

I gave up on crackle. The only program it would let me watch is their own production with jerry steinfeld. All movies and other programs crash, not worth the trouble.

By john m.

Everytime I want to watch a movie the movie will not play. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Gary

By Gary S.

Hi Tracy: From Rosalind. There is no answer. It appears that every TV set operates differently with CRACKLE and some people have no problem with viewing the Movies. AND IT SEEMS THAT CRACKLE HEADQUARTERS REALLY DON'T CARE - AS THEY MUST READ THESE COMPLAINTS. I have removed CRACKLE from my TV line-up. Sorry - we are at the Mercy of Technology and Corporate Minds - I DON'T CARE - BECAUSE NOT EVERYONE HAS A PROBLEM VIEWING OUR MOVIES.

By Rosalind S.

What internet are you useing

By Lawrence c.

You turn it off, and you don't turn it on again. Don't listen to any of the positive reviews for this crap wagon of advertising nonsense. This site is the worst! It is not about providing content you can watch, it is about providing an advertisement so they can get paid. Hopefully you will sit through enough of them before you figure it out.

By Fred f.

Questions? Get answers from the Crackle staff and other customers.

1 Photo for Crackle